Reviews of The Westin O'Hare 4 stars

#10 of 23 hotels in Rosemont

4.5

Pre- Birthday experience
    • King or Double Room

Paying for parking One staff member was not helpful when I asked her about my family and friends discount for parking. The young lady who checked me in was very nice and pleasant.

Overall it was clean nice environment I had fun

The Bed.
    • King or Double Room

(1) Charged WIFI connection. (with WIFI being free at airports, restaurants and even cafe, it is ridiculous that Westin marketing itself as a Business hotel, would actually surprise you that they an additional $15/day for a standard connection. It is just a ugly marketing (sales) tactic!). (2) Unfriendly Reception staffs (no smile, curt replies, and most of all lack of integrity) - first they overcharged me, then they took their time to rectify my bill, and finally when I told them I really needed to get to the airport with the 8.45am airport shuttle, they told me they would call the door staffs to hold the bus for me. I noted that the staff did not speak with anyone as the phone went unanswered, enquired with his colleague at another desk who was just standing there, doing nothing, they looked at each other, and she said oh - he had spoken to them. I was right there and knew they clearly did not. Later when I found the bus left without me (just by 1 min), it was confirmed by their front door colleagues that no one spoke to them, I asked to speak with the manager on duty. Through the conversation, it was again clear that the particular individual told another version of story to that manager before she spoke to me. (Finally, I told her she has a much bigger problem at hand, it is not just a customer's complain for a particular incident, but the hotel is staffed with untruthful individuals who do not respect their customers! Not my job to fix it for her, but it is my choice to never use Westin again). (3) Location is not that great after all if you do not have a car. (recommend Hilton O'hare which is right beside the airport if one wants to stay near the airport w/o a car, easier to take the train to downtown and direct to the terminals).

The Bed.

Not up to snuff compared to the Westin hotel I have stayed in before, such as the Westin River North
    • King or Double Room

The bathroom smelled strongly of mildew though I couldn't see any. it looked very clean. The cabinet door that covered the mini fridge was warped and peeling

Front desk staff was very friendly, helpful, and polite

Ask questions BEFORE booking
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

They put a pending charge for $119 on my credit card which counted against my limit. They reversed the charge after I checked out but but a huge dent in my weekend.

The location is near to the Airport and the hotel provide...
    • King or Double Room

The workout room is not always available.

The location is near to the Airport and the hotel provide FREE airport shuttle bus. And the WiFi is free and fast.

It was surprisingly dissapointing and not good value, one of the worst stays at an SPG property.

See above.....

Location is convenient but there are several hotels in the area and I could stay at one of those. The air conditioning in my room was broken and was really uncomfortable. For over $200.00/night this is unacceptable and should have been noticed before I checked in. Also, the front desk staff is very slow to respond to calls, and the restaurant is too, with several big groups apparently staying in the hotel I understand being busy but get more staff then so paying guests are not frustrated with long waits or calls that go unanswered. What was one of my favorite hotels is now turning into a mystery when I stay there.

Held Hostage
    • King or Double Room

Tried to tell me they didnt have to accept my Booking.com reservation. Said they sold my room and now wanted an extra $50 a night to get an upgraded room that I didnt want.

Such a good relaxing stay!
    • King or Double Room

That you have to pay for parking if you stay there! Never heard of a hotel that did that

I loved everything including the Starbucks how convenient! Lots of good dining around the hotel and loved the mall just down the road :)

Overall comfortable and located conveniently close to O'hare. Expensive wi-fi is a huge downside.
    • King or Double Room

1) Having to pay for the internet. In this day and age it is completely absurd. 2) The access to food is very limited. Once Starbucks closes there is nothing else available other than the restaurant or room service if you just want a snack.

Room 642 - Bed was comfortable and location perfect as it...
    • King or Double Room

Room 642 - Issues with the coffee maker and called the front desk to bring it to their attention and requested a new machine. NO follow-up and issue was not addressed. The water supply line to the toilet leaked. It was apparent the floating vanity was sat on as it was lower on the front side and becoming unattached. Colleague noted housekeeping services on the ninth floor started at 7:30 AM as he was disturbed on both days of his stay.

Room 642 - Bed was comfortable and location perfect as it was at the end of the hallway. Hotel was modern and clean.

My stay never happened due to the water being shut off. I hope my credit card is not charged.
    • King or Double Room

I arrived at 10:55 p.m. and was informed that the water would be shut-off from 11:00 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. : ( Very disappointed. It was snowing. I was freezing. And most importantly VERY TIRED.

The entrance was cool.

I enjoyed the hotel and the CISC was very fun and professional.
    • King or Double Room

There was a frig in the room that I asked for but also wanted a microwave that was not provided. You make your guests pay for parking, which I was so surprised based on the price of the room, and I even had a discounted room for CISC. I did get the $10 rate vs $25/night but this is just wrong. Also Wifi was not included in the room stay which everyone needs wifi now......so if you do not provide that it's almost disrespectful. However, your staff waived it for me which was very much appreciated. Thank you.

Very comfortable and roomy.

Lovely overnight stay the girls had fun and it's all about them.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

I didn't like that my credit card was charged. Person at the front desk didn't try to refund the money and take the cash. That upset me

The pool was fun for the children the restaurant looked amazing but due to the two and four year old children we couldn't check it out

It was just okay!
    • King or Double Room

Only one King bed rooms available. I requested a 2 double beds for the four guests in my room. I had to sleep on a chair and ottoman! Not very comfortable

Facility was nice.

Good Hotel, Good Location, Restaurant needs improving.
    • King or Double Room

Huge line to seat people at the Restaurant with quite a few free tables. Slow service at restaurant.

Perfect Location if you want to be near the Airport or the Rosemont Exhibition Center. Easy access to Train and thus downtown Chicago. Walking distance to various Restaurants.

Comfortable overnight stay

WiFi was not included

Perfect place to stay before an early morning flight. Room was comfortable and facilities were great (kids managed an early morning swim before our departure). Airport shuttle runs every 15 min, which made for an easy transfer.

never come back
    • King or Double Room

parking very expensive,internet very expensive,no breakfast buffet,no friendly front desk,they just want to take your money.that feeling they give me.

I recommend using Booking.com. The wedding rate was $50.00 more than the wedding rate.
    • King or Double Room

Our handicapped accessible room did not have a bath stool in the bath tub. It took a long time to get requested items. Both times I needed something I had to ask twice.

The room was clean and spacious. They lent us a wheel chair for my husband who has difficulty walking.

It was beautiful. If I could, I would LOVE to stay there again for an entire week!
    • King or Double Room

It was a bit worry some getting into the elevator since it would proceed to lift up without closing the doors shut. I think it could use a bit of maintenance :) !

I loved the upper level at the Westin! It was so beautiful and room was incredibly clean! It has pretty much everything for a good nights rest!

The staff was very nice and helpful.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Definitely breakfast: Choice is very limited and the quality of the products served can certainly be improved.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, and the hotel is very conveniently located in close proximity to the airport, but surprisingly not noisy at all.

Great hotel to stay at if in local area for a few days.
    • King or Double Room

I wish the menus had more items available also the rooms service menu. The daily parking was very expensive and there was no free Wi-Fi. Televisions take too long to change channels.

Bed and room was very comfortable. Hotel was clean and safe property. Not too loud at all and very relaxing.

There were small children in the next room and we heard them...
    • King or Double Room

There were small children in the next room and we heard them cry all night both nights of the stay. Also, asked housekeeping for another set of towels and she proceeds to say "I'm not your housekeeper". I asked the front desk, to stay parked later than check out and she said that was fine, when I went to check out she gave a temporary card to park with a different response. She didn't even ask how was the stay, nothing.

Overall was satisfied
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

For the price of room, blackout drapes would be nice. Also, decaf coffee and a microwave.....fridge did not work very well keeping items cold.

Rooms are noise protected....we did not here any noise from the adjoining rooms. House cleaning was extremely friendly and catering. Room service was nice and quick.

it was ok
    • King or Double Room

Well, I think they should of inform me that it was 50.00 a day to hold off my credit card, that took away from my trip. and it also said free parking when I booked on line but when I arrived it was 25.00 a day. Other than that everything was ok

If you're stranded at O'Hare, pick this hotel first.
    • King or Double Room

Awkward placement of the bathroom door.

One of the biggest standard hotel rooms I have ever had. It's nice to have space to move around without hitting the bed or another piece of furniture.

The room was very nice.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Parking was a hassle. The car in front of us had trouble getting their ticket to work and there were a least 20 cars waiting to get out. I had to make 2 calls to the front desk from my car to get help.

The room was very nice.

Wonderful. Can't wait to return someday.
    • King or Double Room

gift shop didnt carry coconut oil. other guests (many) talking in hall and clearly audible inside my room. 4 elevator doors on floor but still a bit of wait. room thermostat read 78 but felt like 64.

limited room service menu available entire night with great quality and flavors. bedding unbelievably comfortable. nice gift shop. lobby spacious, airy, beautiful, quiet but people around, zen like restaurant, gift shop, & elevators easily found and accessible. no wait at check in or check out. taxi on premises so no wait. no wait for airport shuttle. not a long walk to room from elevator. room had starbux coffee and tea. room was very spacious. towels and robe great quality. all staff encountered were efficient, knowledgable, fast, and butler-like respectful without being cheesy or fake.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Horrible!!!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

This was a horrible experience. I booked 2 double bed 1 room for more than $200 a night through booking.com. We were a party of 3 including our 17year old daughter. The Westin staff said that I booked King size bed room and he asked for proof of the booking. So I showed the phone receipt and he took my phone and disappeared for several minutes with my phone He returned and said that the 2 double bed was just a request that they didn't have to honor, but was not a guarantee because we booked through a third party king size bedroom eventhough booking.com site there is a choice. Since they had a room with double beds, they gave us the double beds, but again said that it was only because we lucked out, not that it was guaranteed. We purchased wifi ($14 room internet) and it was very slow so we called the front and it finally worked. It was so noisy outside that I woke up at 2 am. I could not sleep after that, I was so mad. As a 4 star hotel, I expected good quality from it, but if did not deliver. I will never stay at a Westin again. Be careful booking through a 3rd party for Westin hotel.

Free Airport shuttle

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

I feel it should be said ahead of time how much it costs...
    • King or Double Room

I feel it should be said ahead of time how much it costs for parking, as well as how much deposite is if you do not have a credit card. The fact it has to be a credit card and a debit cannot be accepted is a bit of a hassle, and surprise fees, even if they are planned for, can be a bit of a hassle.

Not sure I'll be back...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The beds were uncomfortable and my tub wouldn't drain and we lost power and had no hot water the first day. The charge for everything too. $.35 for a little packet of honey!

The staff was friendly.

Love the location
    • King or Double Room

Why do we have to pay for wi-fi anymore at ANY hotel? The Westin should provide free wi-fi for its guests.

Great hotel, excellent location, comfortable beds!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Super friendly and helpful staff.
    • King or Double Room

I wish they had the white tea fragrance throughout the lobby (like other Weston's do).

Super friendly and helpful staff. Clean room and very clean pool area.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Great place to stay!
    • King or Double Room

The parking area was really cramped and always maxed.

It was professional with friendly helpful people. The atmosphere was upbeat and loved the Starbucks located inside the hotel. Everything we did that was was within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Hotel was great!
    • King or Double Room

Having to pay 8 dollars for WiFi and parking. On Saturday night had 2 functions at the hotel. I had to wait for someone to backout to park. Overly full.

Hotel was great!!!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Better than expected.
    • King or Double Room

I wish we would have been closer to the elevator or on the first floor for the dog.

Bed was very comfortable. Great fluffy pillows. The room was quite spacious.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

We were provided with a room we didn't book.
    • King or Double Room

We were provided with a room we didn't book. Staff and manager on duty were very rude and unprofessional about making any accommodations for the inconvenience. I had the worst experience here, never had this type of issue anywhere else. Would not recommend this or for that matter of fact any Westin Hotel. I will suggest people to save their money and go elsewhere.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Plan on spending a lot of money and being disappointed.
    • King or Double Room

Front desk staff was rude. Only two elevators were working on a sold out weekend when a convention was there. Bar was very overpriced.

The starbucks was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Beautiful hotel with great amenities.
    • King or Double Room

Beautiful hotel with great amenities. The gym is well equipped and spacious with a heated indoor pool and hot tub. The hotel rooms are very quiet and the bed was super comfy. Overall a wonderful stay

Place and location

Place and location

Near to Airport, and Blue Line CTC

A little expensive for Europeans

Near to Airport, and Blue Line CTC

Nice stay for a short, fun weekend.
    • King or Double Room

Paying for parking and not having free WiFi

Location is great! The rooms were nice and comfortable.

Good Aiport Hotel

Restaurant expensive and basic

Clean and comfortable

5.5
    It's close to airport and was just a sleep over - room...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Interior design a bit old-style

It's close to airport and was just a sleep over - room was large and could work in silence

Breakfast is average

Breakfast is average

Location and bed was comfortable.
    • King or Double Room

The elevators weren't working well. I had to walk down 7 flights of stairs with all my luggage.

Location and bed was comfortable.

Staff friendly and food at the restaurant was good.
    • King or Double Room

Paying for WiFi was not a good.

Staff friendly and food at the restaurant was good.

Ordered a king bed, got two doubles

Ordered a king bed, got two doubles

Good!

more dining options

Service. Beds

Great weekend
    • King or Double Room

Wait staff in the restaurant were slow and unfriendly

Front desk staff were friendly and accommodating

Managmant and stuff
    • Deluxe King or Double Room

Managmant and stuff

Exceeded expectations
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was mondo expensive but tasty!

The room was gorgeous.

One of the best hotel gyms I've been to.
    • King or Double Room

One of the best hotel gyms I've been to.

Comfortable clean room that got the job done.
    • King or Double Room

Comfortable clean room that got the job done. Close to restaurants and outlet mall on a long layover.

bed

musty carpet

bed

It was very expensive and not comfortable. I will not stay there again.

Room, food

Nice hotel

It was too cold.

the location

It was very pleasant and relaxing to stay at the Westin.

$29 a day parking.

The excersize/workout room was excellent. Extremely clean as well.

Great room, amazing staff, delicious breakfast buffet. The pool was dirty and needed to be cleaned.
    • King or Double Room

The pool was not clean. Did not like that the charge for parking was 29.00 a Day.

The front desk staff was amazing.

Nice

Nice

Size of the room, Little extras
    • King or Double Room

Everthing is totally ala carte, you have to pay for parking, wifi, breakfast

Size of the room, Little extras

Loved the hotel, parking and internet charges are steep
    • King or Double Room

Paying for wifi and parking

Hotel was excellent in all aspects

I loved this hotel....would definitely stay again
    • King or Double Room

The parking barrier could be a little temperamental

Lovely room, comfy bed, excellent all round

Bed was comfy.
    • King or Double Room

Bathtub didn't drain very well. Service was very slow in the restaurant.

Bed was comfy. Room was clean.

Bed and pillows were wonderful
    • King or Double Room

Cost of parking Breakfast was very expensive for what it was

Bed and pillows were wonderful

Fee for internet in the rooms

Fee for internet in the rooms

50 dollars (before TAX) for car parking, breakfast, wifi,...

50 dollars (before TAX) for car parking, breakfast, wifi, perday

over all nice place
    • King or Double Room

not being explained about parking.

over all nice place

Convenient and clean
    • King or Double Room

Leaking shower wand was the only minor item

Clean comfortable room and very nice bed

great
    • King or Double Room

the toilet could have been cleaner

the rooms and staff

paying for Wifi- it's 2017;

paying for Wifi- it's 2017; that's almost a given

very clean

They charged $25 per day for parking

very clean

Awesome stay

Nothing that I could say

How close it was too where I wanted to get around

great stay

breakfast was so so.

Bed was super comfy. Room was well lit and well appointed. very relaxing night.

Never again
    • King or Double Room

Overnight parking $25.00. Ordering a bowl of soup $17.00. Extremely difficult to access hotel when driving from the north.

The bed was very comfortable