Reviews of Westin Palo Alto 4 stars

675 El Camino Real, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA

#9 of 29 hotels in Palo Alto

Every aspect of the hotel and our stay was very nice and the...

Every aspect of the hotel and our stay was very nice and the proximity to Stanford was perfect. We wanted to watch the World Cups's final game and the staff graciously offered to bring our breakfast to the lounge. We felt totally pampered!

Overall excellent experience

Maybe better variety for breakfast

Conveniently located close to university campus (around 10-15 mins drive). Spacious rooms; hotel close to one high-end shopping centre and one community shopping centre (5 mins walk with cafes, pharmacy, take-outs, book store, restaurants and a good Italian wine store. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Good Wi-fi connections

Good location but below my expectation

Requested sofa bed and extra-bed in the suite when booking months ago. As we checked-in late (after 11pm) with 3 kids age 12 and under, esp after 6 hours flight, remind above requests again 2 days before check-in to get ready for our arrival. The fact was sofa-bed no turn down and no extra bed in the suite!! Requested AGAIN and need to wait for almost 1 hour to deliver, however, blanket without cover, no pillows etc .... need to request AGAIN, wait for another 15-20 mins .... Hotel Rooms are quite spread out but only have 2 elevators (1 small lift lobby), need to walk a long way to the room. Pillows too soft, even requested for foam and harder pillows, of course need to remind request and what for over 30 mins for the pillows!

Good location near Standard University. Comfy bed but not pillows.

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable.

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. However, we could hear our neighbours very well and subsequently needed to change the room. The staff was very helpful in this process.

A bad decision of choosing this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked the room based on the information but the hotel changed our room requirements when we checked in. The hotel said the information provided by website is not right.

Did not find.

Everything else was a 10

1) Dirty dishes in the Hallway for the whole time we were staying 2) No one clean pool area. Towels on on all the furniture. Stack of used towels.

Everything else was a 10

Excellent room at an excellent price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bar lounge closed at 11.

Everything was great. Clean rooms, great location, very quiet, and a great price. The pool looked very inviting however we forgot swim wear. Did I say very very clean.

Nice hotel-clean and comfy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They charged us way more than expected-I only had parking and nothing more-without giving us any receipt. I tried to contact their accounting department for three days but couldn't get through. Make sure you ask for a receipt when you checkout!!!

Nice hotel-clean and comfy.

Would recommend it to friends doing business in the area.

The staff from the front desk, to the restaurant staff, were very friendly, and always greeted us with a smile and a pleasant greeting. The hotel is onvenient to businesses, Stanford Hospital and University.

A came for respite. I got that and so much more! Royal experience.

Lighting in bathroom harsh-very hotel like.

Complete luxury. Quiet. Fitness room phenomenal. Staff really nice and courteous. And~ the carrot cake cookies for National Carrot Cake Day. Seriously-a phenomenal stay. I’ll be back.

Very courteous staff, beautiful large bathroom, comfortable...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to walk over to hotel next door for breakfast and that was the hotel I would otherwise have booked because I had stayed there before and liked it and it was a bit less expensive. Booked this one only because reviews of breakfast were better. So that was a bit ironic :-)

Very courteous staff, beautiful large bathroom, comfortable beds, good breakfast, car charging station

Excellent option for price although location was far from San Francisco, best location to Stanford
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The should be more restaurants as there was only one with one menu because all the other were under maintenance.

The service from all staff including housekeeping, chef and receptionist was ok.

Wonderful location! Great Hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our bathroom had a smell to it that wouldn’t go away. However we were there for one night and it’s dealt with it.

The rooms were nice, beds super comfortable, walking distance to many places. Overall a great place to stay.

Perfect 4 Days!!

Comfort was tops. The bathroom was outstanding. The establishment sparkled. The staff were so very nice & extremely helpful. Close proximity to Stanford.

Great location, clean comfortable beds, easy parking.

They did not have our reservation, two people couldn't find it. Luckily, we had our confirmation email. The person at the front desk was not very courteous, actually was just on this side of rude, we had two interactions with her on separate days. The second person that helped us was much nicer.

Location is great. Parking very easy. Comfortable bed and clean room.

A short walk to Stanford.

I had a roll away cot in my room for two out of five nights. They did not remove the cot the whole stay but wanted to charge me for it. There was also a mix up at the desk about what should be charged for and what should not be charged for. One desk clerk said they never charge for a roll away but there it was on the bill! Turn down service needed to be more consistent.

The restaurant was small and clean with very good personalized service. I only ate breakfast at the restaurant each morning but I loved the freshly made, hand crafted omelettes. The coffee was good as well as the freshly squeezed orange juice.

The room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable.

I booked a Junior Suite and checked in in the afternoon when sunshine was really good. But when I entered into the room the curtains were all closed. I was curious and opened the curtains to find that outside the window there were all rooftops and air-conditioning machines. So I had to change to a regular room at the same price.

The room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Breakfast in the Soleil restaurant was good, staff was very friendly. Also the location was very convenient. Check-out staff Jessie was very nice and helpful too.

Pet Friendly 5star service hotel. staff is very accommodating and friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

My stay at The Westin in Palo Alto was as expected very comfortable and accommodating. My dog and I were given a sun courtyard room access to the courtyard yard from our room. My dog was indeed pleased to have easy access to the outside. With my genius discount from booking.com yes I would stay at the Westin in Palo Alto again no doubt. I highly Recommend this hotel. Thank you staff at the Westin in Palo Alto.

Friendly staff, clean room!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Friendly staff, clean room! Like the spacious bathroom with the shower and bath separated. Breakfast not included! Swimming pool and spa were a nice place to relax before going to the airport!

disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are bad for the price, no room to keep clothes (drawers, cupboard). Building/style demodé. Service at restaurant bad. Service at pool inexistent. Pool ridiculous. All this considering the price of the room.

position

Great location for Stanford and Palo Alto downtown
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

While offering filter Starbucks coffee in room, but there are no tea bags!

Hotel location is A+; room is large and with nice walk in shower; the pool is perfect!

I loved the friendliness of the staff, particularly Raj at...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I loved the friendliness of the staff, particularly Raj at the front desk - he assisted me and my family so well all along! Room was beautiful, big and very clean, with a truly nice view on the swimming pool - breakfast was amazing! I would go back in a heartbit!

Good businesshotel with great staff.

The pool is smallish.

Good and comfortable rooms. The hotel is very good located if you need to do business in Palo Alto and surroundings. Walking distance from some good food places.

Good location. Not clean.

The room was dirty. I walked in and it appeared that someone threw everything from the closet onto my bed. Hangars were on the bed, an umbrella was on the floor, and the bathroom door was open with the robe on the floor. The shower water leaked all onto the floor. My door appeared to be shut tight but still, there was water everywhere. I checked in late from driving all day long. I didn't have the time to complain or switch rooms, I was too tired!

The location was convenient to Stanford University.

Great location, nice but on the expensive side though.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Parking was expensive for an outdoor space and a very tight underground space. I also didn't like the toilet backing up after 1 night stay... and the toilet paper is already paper thin and scratchy!

Best hotel located near Stanford University with Town and Country Plaza, a mall with a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as a Trader Joe's and CVS, nearby. It is also close to University Avenue with more restaurants and shops. The hotel is very clean and the staff are all professional and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Fantastic hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Fantastic overall experience! The staff was extremely helful and a pleasure to deal with. We tried about 10 hotels during our USA trip and this one was by far the best! Highly recommended!!

Very Good Stay

The Westin is pricey but weekend nights (including Sunday) are more reasonable.

The room was quiet and comfortable. We asked for a room not far from the elevator and got it. Service was excellent. For example, my husband let the man who delivered our breakfast know that the hairdryer was broken. The man asked whether we wanted an immediate replacement. Impressive! Location is great if you are headed to Stanford hospital.

Good stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Everything was good. The switch in bathroom was not working properly again not a big issue.

Bed was very comfortable. Decorof the room very nice.clean bathroom and good water pressure

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Not recommended for business travelers.

The Staff is terrible. So junior, so unprepared, so unprofessional. The breakfast works with coupons and if you forget them in the room (which is easy if you're not thinking about them all the time) - no food for you, despite the fact that you're already paying them $6000+ a week! Not recommended for business travelers.

The hotel facilities are great.

Great stay in Palo Alto

Parking was a bit expensive.

The property is centrally located to downtown Palo Alto and is very comfortable and clean. The staff were very friendly. The gym is small but decently equipped. I would stay agin.

Decent stay for the price I got

We ordered room service around 9:45 and we had ordered a salad that cost $9, four Voss water- 2 big ($10 a piece) and 2 small.. We also ordered a cheese plate.. They brought our food and there was a salad and two large voss waters, and rather than the cheese plate, there were mashed potatoes. The bill was $82 and my boyfriend tipped $20... After they left the room I paid closer attention to the food and realized they charged us almost double and they didnt bring the cheese plate or the two small waters. We called and they said it was an accident and they took the cheese plate and two water off the bill. Also I don't remember seeing that parking cost money on their website but it is $18 for overnight parking when the garage was almost empty. This isn't LA and they have no reason to charge that much to guests.

We went to the jacuzzi outdoors which was nice but it wasn't very clean (there were some bugs inside).. There was an employee who worked at the bar named Marilyn who was very sweet and attentive. Our room was very comfortable and clean and the bed was amazing. The bathroom was very clean as well and the room had lots of space! We overall had a decent experience here.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Comfy beds and fantastic staff!

The hot tub was over-chlorinated and ruined my bathing suit, but the staff was friendly and offered to refund it immediately.

The staff were amazing, the room was beautiful, and the beds are so comfy! Since it was our first time we also received complimentary breakfast for two.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

The staff was great - willing to help in any way they could.

Room service extra charges were a bit higher than comparable hotels. Small reading lamp in headboard can't be adjusted out far enough to be of use unless one somehow held the book against the headboard & very top of pillow. With side lamps on, there was enough light to read - just more light in the room. Reading lamps are a great idea - just need to shine where one reads.

The staff was great - willing to help in any way they could. Made it a pleasure to deal with them. There was enough light in the bathroom to apply makeup, etc. Amazing how often this isn't true even in high-end hotels. The room good sized, but, more importantly, it is well laid out and creates a feeling of openness.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Food from the restaurant (delivered to bar area) was very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The duvet cover on one of the beds has a thread bare/worn spot on it. Housekeeping should notice these things and replace them.

Food from the restaurant (delivered to bar area) was very good for price point.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Turned a potentially negative stay into to a superb experience. Very professional staff.

Can't think of thing, one of the best experiences I have in a hotel in a long life. Keep it up.

The staff went over the top to satisfy my personal preferences. Very impressive throughout the stay. Debora and Roxana, on separate occasions, were very professional in the way they handled my concerns. Excellent experience.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Loved this weekend!

On the fifth floor. Room was in the 80 degree temp range at bed time. Turned off the air handler and opened the small opening in the sliding glass door. We worked hard to bring the temp down. We did not complain.

Awesome dinner. Quiet, elegant, attentive. Immaculate room.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Excellent location and a luxurious stay

The fitness room was good but there was no way to regulate the temperature so it was a little too warm for me to do cardio.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, right next to Stanford and the shops and restaurants of Palo Alto were only a short walk away. The bathroom was beautiful, very spacious and very clean.

Daughter loved it! Especially the bath robe.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Bed, breakfast, work out room

Nice location.

You need to pay 20 $ per night for parking

Nice location.

Great last minutes stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish they had breakfast buffet option and room slippers!

The staff were great The room was awesome

Very Nice

The parking situation

The staff were great. Raj was very accomadating along with Jesse.

The late check-out and hospitality of check-in staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The breakfast was below expectations

The late check-out and hospitality of check-in staff

Nice room and great beds.

Nice room and great beds. 9 mins walking downtown

I was charged $20 to park my car overnight.

I was charged $20 to park my car overnight. it would have been nice to know this in advance.

The WiFi here is not good (the speed is slow).

The WiFi here is not good (the speed is slow).

Wonderful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great amenities. Bathroom showers and beds were amazing. Staff was friendly and courteous. Conveniently located. We would definitely stay again.

Perfect location if you are visiting Palo Alto or Stanford.

Perfect location if you are visiting Palo Alto or Stanford. Located just next to the train station.

Friendly hotel Staff. Excellent wait service in the restaurant.

Dinner in the restaurant was excellent. Outstanding presentation of each order and excellent food.

Westin always goes above and beyond with their service.

Westin always goes above and beyond with their service. Everything is so well done.

Bed is too soft.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Bed is too soft. Pillows are too high

Room is big

Big room

Beautiful facilities, extremely friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish parking want $18 per day.

Beautiful facilities, extremely friendly staff. Very pleasant stay.

good enough

the room service food arrived barely warm and was not very good :/

The bed was comfortable

Staff

Coffee service in the rooms

Staff Staff Staff

Great check-in and very courteous service overall!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great check-in and very courteous service overall!

The room and bed,really clean and bed is comfortable

The room and bed,really clean and bed is comfortable

Staff was friendly.

Staff was friendly.

Bed great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Little store to buy snacks?

Bed great

Very spacious clean room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very spacious clean room. Comfortable beds. The breakfast was amazing! Definitely be staying here again.

very run down and dated hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

very run down and dated hotel room was not cleaned prices do not match what you get

Very clean and comfortable

Very clean and comfortable

Top team managing this hotel

Staff!!!!!!

Made us feel comfortable and welcome. Exceeded our expectations for a 1-night stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Check-in staff was super helpful, warm, and friendly.

Very quiet.

Very quiet. I had a great night of sleep!

Wonderful, relaxing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Very kind personal. Quiet room. Great breakfast. Perfect location.

The bed was really comfortable

The lavender night drops did not open

The bed was really comfortable

I have stayed here multiple times and will likely return. Great service and location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is a bit of a hike to some of the rooms - not a problem for most people

The breakfast was phenomenal!!

Helpful staff

Helpful staff

Not bad for one night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It didn't have recent movies & a book showing the lay out of hotel like where is the ice machine?

Bathrooms & Bed

Room very clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Underground parking costs $18.

Room very clean and comfortable.

One of Pali Alto's best.

Room and restaurant very good--bed and bath excellent.

Comfort

Small pool

Comfort

Location is excellent for our purpose.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The bathroom needs some improvements, like the layout, the tub, especially the shower.

Location is excellent for our purpose. Staff are nice.

Comfort at a decent price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

The beds were Westin specials - really comfy. The room opened out to a pretty courtyard.

Stopover in Palo Alto
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Huge room Large number and variety of restaurants nearby