Reviews of Westin Snowmass Resort 4 stars

100 Elbert Lane, Snowmass Village, CO 81615, USA

#11 of 20 hotels in Snowmass Village

Brilliant
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room with Balcony

Don't let this discourage you , the hotel it's self is built interesting. At first it's tricky to navigate around I call it the ant farm. But the comfort of the room , the staff & location makes up for it.

I loved the place I picked it because it's away from everything , it's nestled in a bowl , close to fly fishing , hiking , biking , beautiful drives & it you want to hop down to Aspen , it's not far away.

• Standard King Room

Our toilet ran all through the night keeping us up and the air conditioner was supper loud so we weren’t able to keep it cool through the night. Very expensive under these conditions:(

Would stay there again the location is awesome always like Westin Hotels.
    • Standard Double Room with Limited View

The Resort charges fees are dumb just exclude everything in the price and I wouldn’t notice it as much. Anything extra that gets tacked on is frustrating. Then waiting for some of the charges to get credited back on my credit card take many days.

Location is the best. Overall clean place very nice rooms would stay at again. Always been a fan of Westin Hoteks.

A really good hotel and a wonderful place to spend a weekend.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Just a minor suggestion: It would be a help to have doggie pick up bags available at the hotel. The breakfast seems a bit over priced.

The room was comfortable. The lobby and bar area is spacious and welcoming. The hotel is right above the Snowmass Mall and right next to the ski area. All of the front desk staff was friendly and helpful for us and our dog. I especially like that they have a hanger for the room door to alert people that there is a dog in the room.

Great hotel, great location! Staff were friendly. They have a great kids club!
    • Deluxe King or Queen Room with Balcony

The confusion over our booking. We asked for a room to accommodate 4 people (2xAdults + 2xkids). We were put in a room with a King bed. The Westin only received a booking for 1 room, and had no reference to 4 people. I had to deal with this with the Westin and Booking.com. Luckily the Westin moved us into a bigger one the next day, but it was inconvenient.

Staff were great, however when talking with the 'tourist/booking' desk, they could not help us with booking ski school or tickets as they can do this prior to arrival, but not after. I thought this very interesting.

Best choice in nowmass!
    • Standard King Room

The structure of the hotel is a bit of a maze, getting to the room was a long walk with several elevators.

Modern rooms Great views of slopes Location near mall and gondola is excellent free shuttle to/from airport Beautiful lobby area, fun to chill in Delicious breakfast buffet Ski valet area and storage

Not bad for location but staff service substandard and room average
    • King Room with Balcony

Staff service fair to poor View from room poor considering upgrade requested got to look at a tree and hot tub instead of the Mountain View advertised

Location is good easy to ski in andvout

Defiantly not what it used to be
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The restaurant and bar need a lot of work. Food was fair definitely used to be better. Bar tenders need to be trained again. Drinks Were poorly made with little knowledge on how to actually make a proper drink. This used to be our favorite place for the last 8-9 years after a long day on the mountain to come relax with a good drink. Sad this isn’t the case anymore.

The location is un beatable

Small room but unbeatable location/convenience
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Small room for a family, breakfast wasn't great

Location is fantastic. We had a room that was truly ski in ski out and beside the heated pool & jacuzzi which the kids LOVED. I was underwhelmed by the size of the rooms because of the daily rate but I suppose the cost comes down to the hotel's unbeatable location. I just couldn't get over how small the rooms felt, especially with so much ski gear (2 adults and 2 young kids) and barely anywhere to set things down. I was a bit disappointed that the kid's club was charging for access as some other hotels don't, but I think they had to limit the numbers as there were just too many families in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was disappointing in quality and variety. The best thing the hotel has going, is definitely it's location and convenience to the gondola, ski rental, ski lift, shops, F&B, which will probably still make it a very desirable option for most.

Hotel had a perfect location with great facilities and helpful staff.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Floor surface was icy around pools and the wooden decking made this treacherous. Corridors were quite noisy.

Location was excellent next to slope. Ski equipment hire shop was next door and easy to store equipment in hotel. Ski valets were superb. Loved the hot chpcolate and cookies when got back from a days skiing. Hot tubs were perfect too.

Nice rooms and staff but the hidden fees were ridiculous.
    • Standard King Room

Lots of hidden fees. They won’t even price food in their vending machines. Wasn’t very accomadating, I didn’t have a microwave in my room, I couldn’t even eat my leftovers that cost an arm and a leg. It was ridiculous for how much they wanted for a grilled cheese and macaroni. Charged my credit card without telling me. And then I couldn’t get a straight answer for what the purchase was- one told me it was an incidental fee. Another told me it was my remaining balance due on the hotel- eve though I prepaid for my entire room a month in advance. The staff was very nice but I felt like an outcast for asking about fees. I’m a middle class citizen and I paid exactly what everyone else did, but I felt like I was the biggest redneck they had ever seen.

Cleanliness

Very.nice
    • Standard Double Room with Limited View

Victoria Sprenger, the hotel desk person actually drive me to the airport to catch an early flight. That's just amazing service. She's great. She should receive a gold star!!!!

I love Snowmass, but will not stay at this hotel again.
    • Standard King Room

The Westin standard is not withheld at this property. The heat is controlled by their corporate offices and therefore we couldn't control the temperature of our room. Our AC fan was so loud beside the bed it sounded like a train, so loud my boyfriend couldn't sleep so we had to turn it off. I couldn't sleep because I was so hot with the heat on (it was 78 in our room when we checked in and was 74 at night), I opened the door but couldn't get comfortable because we were on the 2nd floor so I was restless that wildlife may come in the room from the balcony. There were dirty linens in the stairwell the whole time we were at the hotel and walked by it every time we took our dogs out. The breakfast was bland and cold, and we paid $54 for 2 buffets (with an already added 18% gratuity for a buffet!!). I was not happy with this location given we stay at Westin's regularly and they are usually typical of one another. Will not return to this location.

Good for a cheap little vaca
    • King Room with Balcony

Only 3 restaurants were open-- don't go during the off season and expect to eat well. Staff seemed stoned, never answered the phone for valet, room service or any other problem you might have. I got a $5 coupon to Starbucks for my troubles, gee thanks.

IF you are there during ski season, the run is right out the back door. They are very pet friendly. Rate was extremely reasonable for the area, room was clean

Even a Best Western inn had better customer service
    • Standard King Room

Bar staff was extremely rude, reception staff were OK. Facility was extremely disorganized, nothing was available, one of our rooms were not ready before 5 pm, and kitchen was not open. Had a very bad experience with the bar staff/waiter, who was ignorant and reluctant to answer any questions. I can't stress it enough it almost ruined our trip. Food was way overpriced and we were forced to pay tips even though we pretty much got insulted.

We liked the location

Staff were amazing!
    • Standard King Room

Staff were amazing! We were celebrating our anniversary and the woman who checked us in upgraded our room and gave us vouchers for breakfast. Very nice!

Fix the baseboard heaters, give us the view you offered and we'll be back.
    • Standard King Room

We were supposed to have a room with a view but no, we looked at pool. Both Baseboard heating elements in our room were torn apart with sharp sheet metal lying loose. If we would have had children or pets we would have had to change rooms. "Director of something" was very nice.

Lovely hotel in a great setting. Beds were awesome as usual.

Very clean.
    • Standard King Room

Probably more a winter than a summer destination. Swimming pool small and of lower standard than the rest of the hotel.

Very clean. Large rooms. Quiet.

A stay at the Westin is a lush, pampered experience.
    • Standard King Room

The pool skimmer could have been turned up a notch, there were a lot of leaves and debris floating on the top. My husband checked in a day after me and was offered a free drink card for the bar, however, I did not receive one when I checked in.

I was in Snowmass for a sculpting class at the Anderson Ranch Arts Center. The Westin was a perfect location, just a 20 minute walk down the hill. The Snowmass and RFTA bus service made it very easy to get around town, I didn't need to drive my car all week!

Lost property and hotel never looked for it or called back. Ghost town in summer.
    • Standard King Room

Snowmass village is basically a ghost town in Summer, and the snowmass gondola is not anything special compared to Aspen mountain in the summer. This place is a winter skiing town and I'm sure will be incredible in the winter months.

Lovely finish to the hotel. Can tell this property is at its best in the winter months! Free shuttles to Aspen. Shuttle and bus services are a little confusing though.

The Ar conditioning on the 1st room was very noise, than we...
    • Standard King Room

The Ar conditioning on the 1st room was very noise, than we changed the room and the air conditioning doesn't turn Off, to ask for the maintenance took almost 24hrs and the Guy couldn't help because if he turned Off the machine more bed rooms on the same aisle will stayed without air conditioning. -CARPETS VERY OLD. - ELEVATOR VERY OLD TOO

fantastic hotel
    • King Room - Disability Access

no faults for this place

excellent really is not high enough praise for this hotel. it is first class in every way. even the restaurant (monte) was just great. excellent meal. the level of care and attention from the staff is just excellent.

Our stay was ok but nothing special
    • Standard King Room

We had a room in 7th floor so we had to use 2 elevators and stairs to get to our room with few luggages! How somebody could design hotel like this Hot tube and pool - maybe good for American standard but nothing to compare with European mountain resorts. Self Parking is very far but not a big deal.

Room was comfortable and clean

Nice rooms but hidden fees and room cleaning activities during the night.
    • Standard King Room

Room key card was not coded correctly; Room next door was vacuum cleaned at 10pm so I had to complain. Price from booking.com not included all charges so some extra fees have been added without further notice.

Very scenic area - nice overnight stay
    • Standard King Room

We were travelling on our motorcycle through Colorado and wanted to see Aspen, we booked this hotel when we were only an hour away because it accepted pets, we had our 9 year old maltese poodle with us. Our room was clean & comfortable, but we lucked upon an outdoor concert being performed in the park so we were able to listen to live music while we enjoyed a drink fireside at the bar. We couldn't walk out into the concert area without buying tickets, but it was still enjoyable. Although drinks were a little expensive $32 for a glass of wine & a moscow mule, the atmosphere was nice, we talked to some locals which were welcoming & friendly & gave us some advice on what to do in the area.

Less expensive than Aspen!
    • Standard King Room

The air conditioning went down at night and we only had warm water instead of hot for showers. The concierge compensated us for resort fees and a dessert. Very fair.

Summer travel- location was great. Made it easy to get in to Aspen.

Nice but housekeeping hopeless
    • King Room with Balcony

Second day housekeeping was hopeless. Room was not made up and supposed 6:00pm make up only changed the towels in the bathroom. No soap or shampoo or bath mat. Bed still not made at 9:45pm. Made it ourselves First night took half an hour to bring bags to room. Second night we were locked out and needed new keys. hopeless for a four star hotel

pricy for to little service
    • Standard Double Room with Limited View

When we asked at check inn if there was a gondola or lift to take us up the mountain and hike down, he said no. Little did we find out a bit later when visiting the village that the elk gondola is going everyday 10am-4pm up... And this supposedly was their best man. Then we had trouble with our room. First it was a room next to the solar panels, making a huge noise. The window was also broken and unable to lock it. Then they gave us a handicapped room with not working tv and nobody from informed housekeeping to fix it ever showed up and only then a good room without noise... Then the housekeeping. No housekeeping until 6pm the following day. We needed clean towels to put the kids in the bath, waited 45min. Then went to pool instead and when we came back the waste bins were not cleaned. We were travelling with our 2 yr old and his diapers do smell after a day, so would have been nice to get that changed. Then the next day housekeeping... They knock at 8am on your door, what time and if you are checking out. YES, we are checking out but only at 10am. Like we said at check inn. Then they come at 9 am again, are you checking out??

A nice hotel but a deeply flawed front desk operation!
    • Standard King Room

The front desk operations are a shambles. I use Booking.com everywhere I can and the result is usually flawless. At the Westin Snowmass they have no interest in Booking.com, got the entire booking wrong, initially told us they had only 2 of our 3 rooms booked and ended up charging us for 4! They offer no explanations, Allen Hollingsworth - Director of Front Office won't respond to requests to discuss, they haven't sent the promised email receipts, have tacked on unexplained extras - and blame Booking.com for all of the issues! What would have been a very nice stay otherwise was completely ruined by the 45 minute plus check in experience the next days checkout disaster.

The hotel itself is very attractive, rooms are modern, clean and comfortable.

Bright light loud noise
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

European disco music blaring at the pool after it was closed with bright lights shining in the room. Called once said they would address and never did. 10 minutes later called3 times with no answer. Had to get out of bed, throw clothes on and go to the front desk. Had been traveling of and on for a day and a half and just wanted a comfy place to sleep. Short towels, coffee supplies and had a sticky floor in the entry. For $500 a complete rip off!!!

will not stay here again.
    • Standard King Room

I didn't realize when I booked this stay that I had to pay $50 to booking.com and I could have saved that had I called the hotel directly. the hotel is in need of updating. Our room was next to the air conditioner, so it was noisy if we left the door open. the cleaning staff forgot to clean our room.

Reception staff was exceptional.
    • Standard Double Room with Limited View

One outdoor jacuzzi not working, the other jacuzzi had very weak jets. Room not as spacious as I would have expected based on my experience entering the lobby.

Reception staff was exceptional. Lobby was 1st class.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The hotel has very strange room accommodations.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel has very strange room accommodations. Very confusing not at all convenient. We had to change rooms. Food was only fair but very over priced so was the wine & parking. Beautiful facilities

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

okay hotel
    • Standard King Room

Strange layout to hotel. We had to take 2 elevators and long hallway to get to room that was located in back. Air conditioning stopped working last 2 days of our stay and was never addressed. Staff was pleasant.

Cons: they accept pets. free shuttle to Aspen.

only a small thing
    • King Room - Disability Access

There were 7 or 8 pieces of black tape stuck to the ceiling and on the walls near the window in #413. (This was the only thing that looked tacky. Enjoy the rest of our vacation!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Room was nice and comfy.

Could have a better fridge in each room for a place like this. Room didn't face slopes unfortunately. Wifi was a little weak.

Room was nice and comfy. Location was perfect. None better. convenience etc.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

We loved the location of the facility; however, maintenance is your biggest problem.
    • Standard King Room

Both rooms (539 and 339) were hot and the air conditioner in 539 never cooled the room, never shut off and was so loud it kept us from sleeping. I saw when the maintenance man was in room 539 that the filter was dirty and he did not offer to replace it. I finally asked to change rooms Room 339 was cooler but still the noise was too loud to sleep. After calling maintenance to look at the air conditioner he noticed the filter had not been changed since June of 2016. He replaced the filter and the unit cycled off and on correctly. And it cooled the room. Finally, on the third night I could sleep and the room was cool with normal a/c noise. Other guests we visited with in the elevators were all complaining about the hot rooms and loud air conditioners. In Room 339, the toilet had to be reset as it was moving all over the floor. An outside plumber came to fix it. Both rooms had headboard lights out that I reported. These were not fixed. Window cranks to open the windows to get some cool air were removed or missing. So the windows could not be opened. The halls were steaming hot! For the rates this hotel charges, we were disappointed in the lack of hot coffee, hot chocolate, or hot tea service in the lobby. We asked about the possibility of getting these items and were told to go to Starbucks. I was disappointed that after all the maintenance issues I had that I was not offered at least a one night complimentary room.

Location of your facility is great. And the ski valet staff was excellent, as well as your front desk staff and the maid service.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Amazing ski in, ski out location
    • Standard King Room

The walk from the lobby to our room required to elevators and lots of walking. Our key cards stopped working after one day. We had to get them reset. Annoying mostly because of the distance to the lobby. The service at the front desk was slow.

The location was incredible. I could ask out of my room and be on the slopes in fifty steps.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Amazing place.
    • Standard Double Room with Limited View

Use Aspen taxi service instead of very expensive drivers organized by the concierge.

Great location and restaurants nearby. Ski straight out of hotel. Free shuttle bus into Aspen and airport shuttle also.

The room was really good and cozy.
    • Standard King Room

I was in the second building so the elevator to connect to the first building was always full and took forever to arrive. There was no free wifi and that was frustrating.

The room was really good and cozy.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Horrible service. They didn't gave me what I reserve.
    • Standard King Room

The service was horrible! We ask for a room with 2 beds with view and they gave us a room with 1 bed and horrible view. We ask them to clean are room they just did the half. They told us they were going to give us free breakfast everyday and when we were there the staff told us we didn't have any free breakfast. At the end when I did the check out, I told them everything that boders me and the only thing they told me was " I'm sorry " for each thing I complain. HORRIBLE SERVICE!

The location.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Cozy getaway with great service
    • Standard Double Room with Limited View

Very attentive staff in all encounters. Great check in experience. Breakfast (omelet) was delicious and well prepared every day. Nice presentation. Outstanding breakfast servers - especially Villiam from the Philippines. My husband and I enjoyed talking with him in the mornings. He is very authentic and service minded. He did his best to make sure that we were enjoying all aspects of our stay. He gave us great recommendations for places to visit while we were in Aspen. It truly added to our experience. He is a true asset to the hotel and represents the Starwood/Marriott brand very well. Hope to see him moving up the ranks when we return.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Special ,arrived in the dark and next morning 4inches of snow made it a wonderland.
    • Standard King Room

coffee was 5.00 and awful, at a time when good coffee soooo available.

We spent most of our time in Aspen but still liked the location. Beautiful mountain and aspens dressed in yellow.Special

Scenery isn't everything
    • King Room with Balcony

I reserved a king bed and ended up with two queens even though I booked 5 months prior. The building was not sound proof at all. I could hear my neighbors completely. There was dog piss outside our door. Just very disappointed.

The scenery was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Great breakfast, not included but worth the money.
    • Standard King Room

We didn't have a room in the main building. The room itself was great but we had trouble finding it every single time we left.

Great breakfast, not included but worth the money.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

liked everything except the terrible attitude of a staff...
    • Standard King Room

one of the staff members at my departure loaded my luggage on an airport shuttle bus and I had to wait an hour to get it back - when I found out and complained he was extremely rude and unapologetic

liked everything except the terrible attitude of a staff member

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Fun in the summer but probably cooler in the winter.
    • Standard King Room

Food for room service was super expensive and extra extra gross. Some was not even edible. If you don't have fresh food at 2 AM then don't offer it for super high prices.

This was a resort with great potential and the buildings, rooms, faciliites were very nice. I would really like to visit in the winter when people care that you're there.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Good value for the money
    • Standard King Room

I do things in Aspen. Coming home at night using public transportation was a pain. I am going to avoid staying in Snowmass in the future.

Nice facility and good location in Snowmass

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Snowmass Westin Aug2016
    • Standard King Room

Hot tub could be hotter. The Wlfl was not a problem, but staying logged-in was. Wifi wasn't complementary for our whole stay.

The bed was the best! The closet space in the room was great. The balcony for our room was enjoyable. Starbucks coffee in the room was great. The swimming pool and hot tub were relaxing. The lobby was inviting to sit, play a game, or read.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Reservations and managerial departments in disarray
    • Standard King Room

Bellmen/valet/shuttle drivers were extremely understaffed. You could also tell when the high strung manager of the bell/valet staff was on duty because things were very, very tense and he yelled at his staff in front of guests. That being said, the majority of the staff working there were very kind and as professional as they could be, especially the Floridian and the guy from Baton Rouge. The reservations department and the managerial department were both in a complete state of disarray. So, I had a sour taste in my mouth before I even got to the hotel. Here's what happened: I made a mistake. When I made my reservation in the middle to end of May, I made it for the wrong month. I noticed it immediately and contacted both the Westin and Booking. Both parties assured me that the dates would be changed with no problems. This was a concern because the reservation was non-refundable and I was planning to stay two weeks. After over about 30 calls over the span of a month and a half (all calls I had to pay for because I live overseas), nothing was fixed. Each time I called Booking, they knew exactly what I was talking about. They knew what dates I had previously called, what problems I was having, and could provide me the dates when they attempted to call the Westin. Each time I called the Westin, they stated, "this is the first time we have heard about this" and, "because Booking is a third party, you need to contact them. We are unable to do anything." About a week and a half before traveling to Snowmass, Booking informed me that after multiple attempts to contact the Westin on their end, they were sorry to inform me that they were unable to confirm my reservation. And after multiple calls I made myself to the Westin, no solution was made. I finally demanded to speak to a manager. I asked for his email (so I could have documentation of this problem) and he refused to give me it.

Maid service great. Room fantastic. Bartenders very friendly and accommodating. Room service fast and tasty. Both concierge staff members were super and emailed me with information about details I was wondering about. I travelled with my dog and she was welcomed at every turn. All in all, I enjoyed my stay very much and I would have given this hotel a 10 had I not had such a horrible experience with the managers and the reservations department.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

A mixed experience.
    • Standard King Room

The layout of the hotel-- it was a maze. Too noisy at night to leave the windows open. Dogs barking in parking lot early in am.

The concierge was great!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Overpriced
    • Standard King Room

$15 resort fee for facilities I don't use- ridiculous We had to walk all the way across 3rd floor to get elevator to 7th floor. And our room was on the other end of 7th floor

Nice location

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Loved the location
    • Standard King Room

I really liked everything but it would have been a great bonus if we had a free breakfast in the morning

The staff was great and very accommodating. It was a fabulous experience for my family and I.

Everything was great!
    • Standard King Room

Everything was great! Bring you dogs here, the staff is great with dogs and will make you feel super comfortable and welcomed.

Great location : Ski-in, ski-out!
    • Standard King Room

Parking fee & resort fee were not included in the price. Heater fan in room was extremely loud.

Great location : Ski-in, ski-out!

Perfect location and amazing hotel
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No complaints at all! We will be back!

It is in a perfect location! The hotel is comfortable and the staff is incredible.

Aspen let down

Hotel front staff very unprofessional. Also items stolen from 2 rooms

Location with ski in ski out close to lifts and ski boot concierge

The reservations people are awful, even booking could not...
    • Standard King Room

The reservations people are awful, even booking could not get ahold of the hotel for us. The bar manager is mean to the employees.

The worst hotel

Staff not nice. Valley lost my key and didn’t turn off my car engine.

I didn’t like anything in westin

nice area but wasn't aware a lot of places closed due to off season
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Phone and room card didn't work

great location
    • Standard King Room

They double booked our room so strangers let themselves into my room unexpected. Could've been much worse.

great location

Good stay
    • Standard King Room

Sent us to our rooms and they hadn't been cleaned Did give us breakfast vouchers Good breakfast

Good stay Good breakfast

A maze of elevators halls and long walks get you to your room

Parking, access to room

Not much

Everything!

Everything!!

Should not be called a resort and westin needs to review this place
    • Standard King Room

Parking too far away and the food wasn't that good and very expensive.was not what I expected from a westin by any means

Staff at Westin was awesome!
    • Standard King Room

Staff at Westin was awesome! Concierge was extremely helpful and friendly!

Good

I'm very happy!

Nice place to stay in Snowmass
    • Standard King Room

Nice location in Snowmass. Helpful staff. Very nice.

Beware:
    • Standard King Room

Lack of staff and follow thru

Breakfast was limited

Too expensive for a one night stay.

No breakfast

Free shuttle to Aspen

A good holiday destination with limited options around in Summer
    • Standard King Room

There was no breakfast and no genius perks

They gave us an upgrade as spg member and the suite was very good

Maybe it was because it's off season.... but not impressed!
    • Standard King Room

Never got room service bc the phone was busy. They charged the wrong card on file for incidentals.

Staff attitude

Food

Staff attitude

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Fare to expensive

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Location is great.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location is great. Access to ski hill is fantastic. Staff was friendly and helpful.