Reviews of Westin Denver Downtown 4 stars

1672 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80202, USA

#27 of 77 hotels in Denver

Best hotel in Denver Downtown
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Best location of all Denver Downtown hotels. Very friendly staff, big rooms with quality furniture and very comfortable beds, outdoor pool on 4th floor is great (also indoor), good gym, very good restaurant.

Our stay at the Westin
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I booked a double queen suite, 2 months out. When we checked in, they 'didnt have one available' . So, we were 'upgraded' to a small king suite with one bed and a rollaway. Cramped quarters for 3 women. But we made do.

Hotel is nice, staff professional and friendly

Amazing location to enjoy downtown Denver!
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing that needs improvement is that the room needed a bit extra attention on cleaning-the floor needed vacuuming and there was a dried out contact lens on our sink.

Absolutely loved our stay! The hotel is in a perfect location to walk around downtown Denver and explore all it has to offer. The view was amazing from our room. The beds were comfy. Thy Thy, from the front desk was friendly, helpful and exceeded our expectations by not only recommending an amazing restaurant for dinner, but also sending us with coupons and writing a personal welcome note that was waiting for us under our door. Overall, my whole family loved our stay and will stay again.

It was fine I guess but check in was a mess.
    • Mountain View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They could not accommodate our mini-van in the parking garage because of our storage topper. The only other garage option was down the street several blocks at a different hotel and cost almost twice as much. I asked for them to credit me the difference and they said they would look into it but then (not surprisingly) I never heard anything back on that topic. I also had called weeks ahead asking to get a room with a view of fireworks (we were passing through Denver on a road trip on the 4th) but at check in they just said 'we will see'. See when?? I am checking in right now. The staff and whole hotel just did not seem interested in helping a family. And my husband ended up having to go out to move our van in street parking at midnight and then again at 6AM.

It was fine I guess but check in was a mess. It is just a really busy crowded hotel. Not good for families.

NEVER AGAIN!!! This place is unsafe and gives your room keys to whoever without asking for ID
    • Traditional King Room

Staff, very rude. Charged double and never received my deposits!!

Staff is very rude! I canceled my keys and when I got to my room my stuff was missing. I was double charged for things I didn’t even order! I never got my deposits back for both rooms. Needless to say I won’t be staying there any longer.

I liked the location and the bed, but I would not stay there again.
    • Traditional King Room

Little to now reception in our room for the TV or our phones. There weren't any umbrellas to use at the rooftop pool. They ran out of towels at the pool. The weight room had no air circulation. They advertise that they have a Starbucks, but they only carry Starbucks products.

The bed was soft and very relaxing to lay in.

Will not stay in a Westin again even when getting discounted prices through booking.com.
    • Traditional King Room

Filthy, I took pictures of very thick dust and fingerprints on everything. Door stuck took three or four tries to open and would not shut on its own, had to pull to secure when leaving. Pool way too small for 19 floors of people. There were four elevators and it still took 7 to 10 minutes to get up or down, way too slow for elevators in that busy of a building.

It was close to the 16th Street Mall Street.

Fantastic location & pool views!
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was so friendly! The rooms were very nice and we loved hanging out at the rooftop pool--such gorgeous mountain and city views. We were here for a bachelorette party so the location right in the heart of downtown Denver was perfect!

Comfortable beds
    • Traditional King Room

I was under the impression our room came with breakfast and it didn’t. The elevators were out of order and multiple staff members had no idea where the stairs were.

Comfortable beds

Special thank you to Carl Baker for his outstanding performance.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great hotel, walking distance free bus to everything,so no need for a car. Pool on the roof highlight day or night. Very clean. Highly recommend this hotel.

Nice views.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Both my card and my boyfriends card was charged for the valet parking and neither myself or my boyfriend were refunded even after speaking with staff.

Nice views.

Excellent stay!
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service messed up. It was too late to have them bring the correct order, but the management took care of it with a coupon. They should have got it right though.

Excellent stay! We love your establishment!

Good location but the hotel looks and acts like a corporate destination hotel only.
    • Mountain View King Room

The Palm Restaurant is the only restaurant in the hotel. It is very expensive, does not offer happy hour and did not open until 5pm. They also do not offer any free nuts or snacks at the bar but you can order off the menu. The bar in the hotel was only open for a short period of time.

The bed was fantastic.

WiFi was awful.
    • Traditional King Room

WiFi was awful. Kept saying there was an issue and it was malfunctioning. It was slow and never stayed connected for long. This occurred all 4 days. Wish they would have changed the sheets. Only made the bed even though we asked for clean sheets. The remote did not work well. We asked for it to be changed and it never was. It would not work at all, but they never fixed it.

The staff was so friendly!
    • Traditional King Room

The free wifi kept dropping off so it was hard to stream videos.

The staff was so friendly! I always love the gym at any Westin - it's always brightly lit and clean, with machines that work!

Nice location, not very pet friendly
    • Traditional King Room

Not truly pet friendly. You can't leave your dog in its kennel in your hotel room *at all* and you have to walk down the block to find a place for your dog to do its business

The friendly staff.
    • Traditional King Room

The friendly staff. I checked in with a young lady named Ty Ty and she was great. I felt like I was on a VIP list that way she treated me. I will always stay at the Westin Downtown when I have an event to attend and don't want to drive home.

Very good hotel at excellent location.
    • Traditional King Room

My room was next to the elevators, and it was noisy, I had to sleep with earplugs. Some furniture was little worn-out.

Excellent location, very good service and facilities, nice staff, comfortable bed.

Everything was great!
    • Traditional King Room

Every one was friendly, it was also cool because we needed an extra night and we were about to switch to switch hotels and the Westin ended up giving us a super cheap rate to stay so that was nice

We had a great stay.
    • Traditional King Room

TV remote not working. Breakfast not free, didn't mind paying but some people are probably going to bitch about it.

Location, staff was very good. I would let people know that breakfast isn't free and how much it is to park. Nice place, would come back again. S

We would stay here again
    • Traditional King Room

The pillows weren't comfortable. There's no support in them at all so it made sleeping a little awkward. The bed itself is very comfortable though. Pillows just need more firmness.

The location is very convenient to many of the neighborhoods and restaurants.

Pricey, Not worth the money you will spend
    • Traditional King Room

just a basic room that i paid extra for. 42 dollars to park. No breakfast. Rooms outdated with peeling wallpaper and water damage. Did have a small coffee maker. But no coffee creamer or sugar.

The bed was comfortable and staff was friendly

Location was great
    • Traditional King Room

The bathroom had hair on the counter and floor, the pillows were not good, and the bar was super pricey and closed at 9 on a Saturday night.

Location was great

GREAT front desk staff.
    • Traditional King Room

Wasn't clear on the parking situation and whether they would validate. Didn't ask either so that's my fault. We used Self-park at the hotel, stayed one night, and had to pay $28 on our way out of the garage.

GREAT front desk staff. So friendly and hospitable. Took good care of us.

Fantastic stay

Nothing-everything was great!

Was able to walk from the carpark to the hotel without going outside. Big room with excellent facilities. Great location within Denver CBD

The view

For $260+ you would think parking would be better, and not cost a arm and a leg to get out. $40 for 3 drinks at the bar, $70 For 2 burgers and 2 cokes. $7 to leave the parking lot... The toilet didn't even flush, the grout in the bathtub was gross and the windows look like they have never been cleaned. Save your money, the room we paid for was advertised with a patio. Guess what, NO patio.

The view

It was nice and location is great. I enjoyed my stay for the most part. :)
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only complaint I had was with the Restaurant staff who looked like they hate their jobs. The host was not overly friendly and food did not look that great for the price. We actually changed our minds about staying after we sat down. The atmosphere should be inviting and friendly but that was not my impression of the restaurant.

Front desk staff was great! - Room was clean and cozy and I was VERY impressed that the Westin made an exception to cancel a reservation in a case where it was not refundable. They also gave us an early check in so we could enjoy our rooms and of course offered to help with luggage. It is things like this that keep your customers coming back. We never got a "No" for anything we asked which impressed me.

Well recommended, will stay there again
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast buffet coulda been alittle better, not sure if I even enjoyed the coffee. So we went to the Egg and I.

If your wanting to be down town, this is the place to go, street mall couple blocks up,nightlife all around,walking distance to everywhere you would want to go .. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that would want to be down town and not have to travel far to anywhere you would want to go.., I’m trying to ramble on because apparently I don’t have enough words yet, and it’s chilly in the car... think I might also be having a bad hair day... I shoulda put deodorant on also, so now I’ll have to smell my stinky armpits all day.. thank gif I’m wearing my clean underwear though.. don’t want to smell ass all day. Holy crap how many words do they need??

It was an average hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Security for the facility was awful due to an incident. This man entered the facility twice which is bad security. Only got 100 bucks worth for food service and moved rooms as a sorry.

Bed was comfy.

overall wonderful hotel and great staff
    • Traditional King Room

parking expensive and said would be $6 was $28 showed a hot tub, and no hot tub and pool too cold so couldn't swim, bar closed early. small continental breakfast would have been ice with kids. no microwave in room

comfy bed

• Traditional King Room

The hotel advertised parking. The hotel parking garage is part of a larger public underground parking garage. Upon check-in, I asked the receptionist how much overnight parking would cost. She didn't know. When we left the garage the next morning after check-out, our parking charge was $42.00! This, for approximately, 18 hours. Shocking! The only discontent during our stay at the Westin. Surely, the check-in staff should have had some idea about overnight parking charges.

Easy to access, great accomodations and great pricing
    • Traditional King Room

however the dog in the room next to us barking a lot during the early morning hours, wasn't prepared to put up with a dog barking

Price was excellent,

I think there are hotels that are just as nice and with as good a location and easier parking
    • Traditional King Room

The parking situation was pretty bad. $40 for valet and $28 per day for self park.... and walk back to the hotel in an underground lot that is massive and has very poor signage. So the whole process took almost an hour. The front desk checked me in in about 1-2 minutes.

Most of the staff and the rooms were great.

Not what I expected from Westin
    • Traditional King Room

No hot water in the showers, no temp control in room, had room adjoining to elevators & noise kept me up all night (movement up and down shaft), no washcloths. Waited at least 30 min to have car valet parked and an additional 20 min to check in. I provided a feedback card and have not heard back from management.

Overall nice except not getting the room we requested and having to sleep on floor to acomidate gues
    • Mountain View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booked a double queen room and revived a single queen. Staff was suppose to deliver a rollaway bed and it never happened. Guest had to sleep on floor!

Nice, comfortable and clean.

We would like to mention Angel and Martin at the Westin Los...
    • Mountain View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We would like to mention Angel and Martin at the Westin Los Cabos . These two gentlemen always had a smile and kind word to give us each day!! They always went above and beyond in making us feel at home and comfortable!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking situation was poor because there was no parking unless you wanted to pay $45 for vallet, otherwise you couldn't park anywhere else because it's downtown denver.

The staff was extremely helpful and kind! The room was very clean and overall I would highly recommend staying at the Westin.

Do not stay here.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This property is not clean. The room smelled like stale cigarette smoke and they were unable or unwilling to move us. Further, the bathrooms had hair in the floor and on the toilet as if the room wasn't cleaned at all. For $300/night, I expect better and especially the Westin brand. This is not the typical Westin and is in heavy need of capital improvements throughout the facilities.

The rooms are a good size.
    • Traditional King Room

Check in wasn't the smoothest & the wifi is free but not the fastest. These were minor things though

The rooms are a good size. Everything else was great not much to complain about

Not worth the extreme price for a two queen bed for one night
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was small compared to what pictures showed and no hot tub. For the extreme price I paid continental breakfast wasn't even included! I won't be staying there again. I had to pay additional to park too!

The pillows

Typical Westin offering
    • Traditional King Room

We couldn't find any supermarkets in the area.

Good location, close to Union Station which you can get to with a $9 train ride from the airport. There are also good restaurants close by.

Staff and facilities great. Booking was a little disappointed.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The booking was reficulous I booked 2 queen beds and when I showed up with my family, 2 Adults and 2 children and they had me in a 1king bed room like we were going to share. I was tons of i book online always call and make sure to tell them I need two beds but o shouldn't have to do that when I booked two queen beds specifically.

It was ver nice and the staff were great.

Definitely a fan of the Westin!
    • Traditional King Room

Parking was a rip-off.... I feel like they should validate guest parking when you spend $250 per night on a room. We spent about $150 on parking for 2 days. That's crazy.

Great location, excellent service... gotta love the 24 hour room service.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

The room should have a couch or at least two comfortable...
    • Traditional King Room

The room should have a couch or at least two comfortable chairs for lounging. Having to pay $15 a day for a microwave is absurd for a so called 4 Star Hotel.

The window wouldn't close we froze most of the night...
    • Mountain View King Room

The window wouldn't close we froze most of the night because it was snowing Also the internet was down and waited almost an hour for our room and we didn't get an apology either.

Excellent property and staff!!
    • Mountain View King Room

I think that the bathroom was dated. The water temperature was difficult to manage and the toilet was loud.

The fitness center, pool, and lobby are all top notch. The check in and check out process was also great.

Great hotel, pet friendly, spacious, happy friendly staff
    • Traditional King Room

Parking was a rip off,they told us 40 dollars a night was the best deal around but 1 block up the garage was 10 dollars a night, 15 a day.

You didn't need to walk through the lobby to get to the room, the elevaters where right inside the front and back doors and were very fast. Very very easy to come and go from this hotel, this was huge for us as we had a dog and could very easily take him right outside to a grassy area to use the bathroom. Housekeeprs never woke us up which was great as I hate hotels where they bang on your door at 8 am. Late checkout at 1 was great we didn't make it out till 1:15 but we did not receive any harrasing calls from the front desk which was very refreshing. Staff was friendly, room was spacious we will definitely be back anytime we stay in denver. Great location.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Bed was very comfortable, the staff were really...
    • Traditional King Room

I think you may need to clean/replace your air filters because I could not breathe! I'd step out of the hotel and within five minutes I was fine.

Bed was very comfortable, the staff were really nice/helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Perfect downtown hotel
    • Traditional King Room

Had to go to the parking garage to find a vending machine. One inside the hotel would be nice.

Huge room with downtown view. Really comfy bed, Starbucks coffee in room, bath robe & towels we're exquisite.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Nice place ....no sleep
    • Traditional King Room

Got to bed late and had a hard time falling asleep… Was very dismayed to be woken up at 6 AM by the alarm clock in the room… Housekeeping should check for that

Great location, centrally located, nice room with very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Loved my stay at the Westin
    • Traditional King Room

Having to pay for parking it was $40 kinda a lot for just staying one night.

Was a great stay at the Westin. Only here for a day but it was great! Staff was amazing went above and beyond. Hotel was clean and modern.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Westin Denver, Downtown.... just ok
    • Mountain View Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Amenities just average, hotel lacks areas to relax and socialize with others. This is Denver and there are no fire pits. Lobby was barren and cold. The one restaurant in the hotel is very expensive. You pay extra for a mountain view that will be obstructed by construction. The hotel is surrounded by larger buildings, hence it gets no sun. Hairdryer was broken and burned my wife's hair. Our tv did not work for over two hours.

Professional and friendly staff. Buffet breakfast was excellent. The gym has treadmills that worked very well.

Location is perfect for a downtown Denver getaway with the...

Location is perfect for a downtown Denver getaway with the family.

Location was great.
    • Traditional King Room

Older building. Outdated entrance. Bathrooms/showers were 3-star.

Location was great.

Beds were amaing

Beds were amaing

Amazing location and the staff was awesome and the bed was...

Amazing location and the staff was awesome and the bed was heavenly

Wonderful first visit to denver
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Loved everything... parking a bit difficult... but great stay

Friendly staff.. helpful, professional, comfortable beds

Good location and good staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms are a bit dated and the bed wasn’t very comfortable

The location and the friendly staff

Home away from home

Clean

Comfortable

Great stay
    • Traditional King Room

Hotel means al the excellent standards

Absolutely my new favorite hotel definitely will be coming back and referring everyone I know!
    • Traditional King Room

Food prices but was still great!

I loved the shower head and the bed was amazing

Clean, very nice and well attained to.
    • Traditional King Room

Clean, very nice and well attained to.

Great stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was really good parking lot was a little confusing

The staff was really friendly and the location was awesome

Overall good
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was a little lumpy or soft. The parking fee to stay at the hotel was quite pricey.

Great check in staff.
    • Traditional King Room

Great check in staff. Bummer the breakfast was not included, but best pillows, bed and shower ever. Added bonus? No Bugs

shower was wonderful, bed was comfortable, staff was...
    • Traditional King Room

shower was wonderful, bed was comfortable, staff was friendly but not in your face bugging you. Room was nice two chairs with small table to relax

Awsome
    • Traditional King Room

It was nice and dark to sleep

Very good
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was very comfy and everything was ver tidy

The parking lot that is under the hotel still charges you...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The parking lot that is under the hotel still charges you $28 a day to park.

The staff was extra friendly Kristen was very sweet.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing it was perfect. I enjoyed my stay very much I plan on coming back.

The staff was extra friendly Kristen was very sweet.

Didn’t meet our expectations and would not return.
    • Mountain View King Room

Not up to the usual WESTIN standard

Staff were helpful

Perfect to stay at downtown Denver
    • Traditional King Room

Above all the view and the location.

Great stay love to come again

Nothing enjoyed it all

The comfort of the bed and staff

Everything was perfect we loved the pool and the bed and our...
    • Mountain View King Room

Everything was perfect we loved the pool and the bed and our view was amazing

We'll be back!
    • Traditional King Room

Bed was like a cloud but breakfast was horrible!