Reviews of Westin Virginia Beach 4 stars

4535 Commerce Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, USA

#15 of 105 hotels in Virginia Beach

Won't be coming back.
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Pet charge was 75 dollars. Check-in process was not impressive. The front desk staff was not that friendly, which is fine because people do have bad days. Booked the room for 3 people, but there were only two towels in the bathroom. This is the sort of thing that I expect hotels with 4 stars or above to get right. But what really annoyed me is that someone ordered breakfast to our room. Had I been there, I would have returned it. But the room was only occupied by my father at the time (I went out to grab breakfast with my mother), and when we came back with his breakfast, we realized that he had room service. He thought I had ordered it for him. Some other hotel guest must have missed or had late breakfast, because the staff had mistaken the room numbers and had it delivered to our room. We had to pay for it, of course. Not a huge deal, but it is annoying when hotel staff can't even get the simplest thing right.

location; free parking

Had a great time at the Westin!
    • Traditional Room

The only things I didn’t like was that no one answered the phone when I wanted late night room service, and I wasn’t 100% sure where I needed to park.

It was really nice !! Room designs are modern and everyone was very nice. Beds are very comfortable, and I loved the shower head. My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at the Westin for his mini birthday get away.

Couldn't have been better!

n/a

Staff was friendly and informative ( helpful - gave me info on taxi service ). Bed was great. Location was good with lots of good bars and restaurants!

Not sure i will go back there
    • Traditional Room

Lots of issues with our stay beds dont have fitted sheets only flat sheets and the bed was falling apart could see the coils in the bed. Keys didnt work in the morning after the 1st night stay then they woke us up early the following morning by knocking on the door said they showed our room as vacant went to check out and they had in their system that we were a no show it was crazy have had a better expenience at a motel6

When we checked out i complained about of stay and they said they would refund our stay with them havent seen the refund as of yet.

Our room wasn't ready but the staff made it possible to get us in a room right away there the best
    • Traditional Room

There nothing bad i can say about my experience at the westin suites

I love to stay here..have the best room service,very peaceful in most of all extra clean

Overall the stay was great the bed slept good the room was great The View was good the staff was fri

I didn't really like that we didn't get free breakfast for the price of the room. And we did not have a microwave in the room.

The atmosphere the room layout it was good it was nice I really enjoyed it!

Hotel was nice, cleanliness not that great.
    • Traditional Room

Room was dirty. Found someone else’s dirty underwear in our bed. Slow service in the restaurant sat there for 20 minutes before someone came over to us. Bartender was unprofessional complaining to her manager in front of us.

The area was nice, lots of greet restaurants near by

They charge absurd prices for everything you might want over...
    • Traditional Room

They charge absurd prices for everything you might want over just the room. I think everyone should feel free to make a living but the word “greed” kept coming up...it costs 20$ to rent a movie. And that is not for 24 hours, it’s until it hits the end, so if you fall asleep without turning it off, you can’t watch it the next morning! Yeah I am not a fan of outright greed. Lovely otherwise.

the noise in the vents was unbearable no sleep but other...

noise

the noise in the vents was unbearable no sleep but other than that a good place. i did speak to manager about it and was compensated. hopefully the next stay will b great

I enjoyed my stay I’d recommend to a friend.
    • Traditional Room

I sat in the lobby 20 minutes before knowing the valet was standing there as well ,waiting on my truckI went to the front desk and the desk receptionist said,That’s him right there.long story short he never asked the guest may I help you with something.

The room was comfortable & the bed was awesome a comer room is always great !!

Terrible
    • Traditional Two Double Room

A The service the way they charge me for everything after told me the breakfast 🍳 no definitely bad!! Over charge! Room wAs in poor conditions...

Nothing poor service

In short. I now have a bad taste for future stays at a Westin.
    • Traditional Room

Valet could of not drove my car when it wasn't requested. Room could of been dusted before stay. Paint in room was falling off ceiling. Stay was not worth price.

The staff was really great. The only thing I enjoyed!

We had an enjoyable time
    • Traditional Two Double Room

The only issue we had was trying to reach the front desk, no one answered any of the lines we call so we had to go down and speak in person

The hotel is beautifully done, enjoyed the pool as well

I enjoyed my stay here!
    • Traditional Room

I enjoyed my stay here! The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very spacious and I just love how conveniently located it is near plenty of restaurants and the mall, will definitely stay here again and again.

Good location but not good value for money
    • Traditional Two Double Room

I paid almost $200 for my stay; however, no complementary breakfast was offered. I would have expected more from -- and have gotten more from -- a Motel 6.

Staff friendly; location convenient

Well appointed metropolitan hotel
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Check-in is 4:00, I arrived at 7 to find that my room was not ready. Gave them time by going out to dinner but after a long trip would have liked to clean-up first.

Large, modern, new hotel in the center of everything

Lots of money poor service
    • Traditional Room

A lot noise on the room next to me cop knocking on my door at 3 AM and I do not recibe even one apologize or discount for that..

Room service and how clean it was

Not worth the money, stay at the hilton.
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Staff was lazy and unhelpful. Deliberately refused to answer phone so they didn't have to do a room service delivery. Did not deliver a weeding night bottle of Champaign that father in law set up.

Convenient location.

Very nice stay
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Our television signal wasn't working. We were compensated bit the issue wasn't resolved.

I liked the atmosphere. Very light and relaxing. Also the location is perfect.

Wish we could have stayed longer - its in a really fun part of town.
    • Traditional Room

After breaking down in our car on our return trip from our vacation, sitting in the hot sun waiting for 2 tow trucks (!), we definitely needed a nice respite from a crazy day. Room was beautiful, beds were comfy and the food was great. Thank you!

Was ok
    • Traditional Two Double Room

No shampoos, condition, body wash and body lotion. Had to ask front desk. No bottle waters in the room like my cousin's room. Carpets are old. The hotel didn't have a nice air fragrance like the last time I stayed.

Nice location and comfy bed. The room is spacious.

Very nice 2 night stay. We were in Virginia Beach to welcfome home my son Commander C. P. Goodman
    • Traditional Room

Both of the lamp shades at each side of the bed where broken. There was a crack in the bathtub around the drain. Otherwise I liked the room.

I liked the linens and the big TV. However, when we checked in I did not get my AAA discount as a senior citizen and didn't know this until I checked out. However, the young lady at the desk wasn't sure what to do so she said she would have to call the manager. I indicated that I did not have a lot of time that I had to go and that I would all from home (Cape Cod) when I arrived there. However, when I got home I noticed I had this statement to fill in and I figured I would just do it there. However, if I don't get any response I'll call.

Overall the Westin VA is a great hotel with plenty to offer guests.
    • Traditional Two Double Room

The bed was a little too soft. I also asked to additional shampoo and conditioner one night. I was promised it would be delivered, but the items weren't delivered.

The hotel is located in a great area with many amenities, restaurants, entertainment, and shopping locations. I also enjoyed the size of the room and the free parking.

Just ok
    • Traditional Room

Check out stuff not pleasant. Had to ask for receipt which they said was emailed but never was sent

Pool was very dirty with a brown ring around the pool. Would not use the pool

Would never stay here again!
    • Traditional Room

Shabby, sad rooms. Filthy carpet and chairs. Wallpaper peeling. I paid 4 star prices and got a less than 2 star dump.

The only thing that is positive about this hotel is good coffee. Literally that is it.

It was fair because of the room.
    • Traditional Two Double Room

I just had a few problems with the room. The phone did not work in room 1524 to call down stairs, so I had to walk down stairs to ask for more towels. The sheets had stains on them, so I took them off the bed. There were dust balls under the bed when I went to check to see if anything was under the bed. Could have been a cleaner room. I was not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room.

The appearance of the Westin when you first come in, the location of the Westin and the parking.

Late checking in- room was not ready at check-in time-...
    • Traditional Room

Late checking in- room was not ready at check-in time- assuming understaffed. Had to wait an extra hour along with several other parties. When we got to room - bed was still unmade so had to wait while they didthat plus no bath towels. Staff came later with towels after we were finally checked in. Poor service and running of hotel at price and reputation of a Westin Hotel.

Too over priced for what they offer.
    • Traditional Two Double Room

1. Long wait in line to check in. 2. The room was very worn out, old carpet with stains, food crumbs on the bed (for 2 days - is staff having lunch in the rooms?), a loud air-conditioner that caused me to have to use ear plugs to sleep, the construction workers outside the window next door (on the 9th floor~), the parking situation - it is a public parking area to be used by all of downtown VA beach and not exclusive for the Westin. 3. No replacement of coffee supplies on day 2 or 3. 4. Furniture was worn and stained and there were no amenities other than a little bottle of shampoo/conditioner/lotion. 5. Shower head and water pressure were poor. Lighting was poor. Seriously, I have extensive experiences staying in hotels of all manner, all around the world. I paid extra to stay at the Westin because I thought their standards would be higher - they were not. Probably should have at least stayed somewhere that offered a free breakfast at least. This hotel is too over-priced for the condition it is in. Also, probably the most annoying aspect was not being able to change my room from a double-queen to a single king, neither on Booking.com nor at the hotel.

The refrigerator in the room was thee only convenience I can think of that was worth the price of this room.

Unfortunately we had a power outage no control of the hotel ...
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Unfortunately we had a power outage no control of the hotel I booked 4 rooms and had to wait iver 2 hours for two of the rooms to be ready past the allotted 4:00 timeframe. In the end the hotel did refund a portion but I had to work to get it

Girls Weekend
    • Traditional Two Double Room

the view wasn't so great on our side as there is construction going on

Bed was comfortable , key card needed to access elevator , free parking, mini fridge in room and corkscrew

The bathroom was nice.
    • Traditional Two Double Room

There were some carpet stains. The chair looked old and worn. The Starbucks had gnats at the coffee station. The hallways were painted brown and looked old.

The bathroom was nice. The lobby, restaurant, and elevators were spectacular. The location for the beach was ok, but Uber rides were cheap. The local businesses surrounding the hotel were great and very convenient.

It was a nice hotel but they need to fix a few things in the...
    • Traditional Room

The location, staff and the overall hotel was nice

It was a nice hotel but they need to fix a few things in the rooms the furniture is old and falling apart maybe they need to replace it

The bathroom was really nice and the staff was great.
    • Traditional Room

I've stayed in a Westin Hotel in Arlington, VA. The hotel was much better than this location. The room didn't feel like a 4 star hotel. Which is crazy because the lobby looks fantastic. The bed would sink in if you stayed in one place too long. The coffee table was dusty. I was comfortable in the room but I EXPECTED way more. I wouldn't stay at this location again. They had a "Starbucks" that only sells hot and iced coffee which was a bummer because I wanted a Frapuccino. It was a Starbucks rip off. Next time I'll stay at a oceanfront hotel

The bathroom was really nice and the staff was great. It was located next to Ruth Chris and Mccormick & Schmicks.

Not worth the price
    • Traditional Room

The room was not in great shape. The wall paper was stained in several spots. The bathroom toilet kept running and the handle was not working properly. The furniture had several worn spots and looked old. Our room was not attended to and we had to call the front desk to get someone to get it made up. They arrived after 5 pm.

The hotel was conveniently located to several restaurants and shops

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Disappointed
    • Traditional Room

The rooms was smelly, carpet was dirty and the mattress was uncomfortable. Not.worth the price. In dire need of some updates. Will not be returning

Close.to the highway and shopping. On-site eatery was nice and their staff was very friendly

Not the best
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Our room had rust in the bathroom racks etc. the writing desk was broken, chair and rug need a cleaning or replacing.

The bed was comfortable, the rest of the room need renovation or a deep cleaning

Best Hotel Away From the Bustle of the Beach
    • Traditional Two Double Room

The location was AMAZING. Walking distance to restaurants, both upscale and casual, and I felt like we always had options. The staff was super friendly and very helpful with any questions we had. The hotel itself was amazing also with beautiful rooms, super comfy beds, and really nice feel as far as environment went. If this place was on the beach it wouldve been a real paradise, but even that was kind of a plus because it wasn't nearly as crowded and loud like those hotels tend to be.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great relaxing atmosphere
    • Traditional Room

Size of pool-was not that big so full of children splashing around-no where to swim.

Quick friendly knowledgeable staff-close so could walk everywhere for a fun evening out!

Nice hotel with a shabby room and too many small charges.
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Room was a little shabby. Occasional chair was stained. Pay for wifi???? Elevators were complicated and controls were fussy. Desk chair suspension left you on the floor in 2 minutes, slowly. For this price I expect wifi, cookies at the front desk and a mint on the pillow.

Weekend breakfast buffet was great. Bedding was great. 12:00 check out. Concierge was very nice and helpful

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The view from our room, the location of the hotel and the...
    • Traditional Two Double Room

After requesting for our room to be clean twice and after being gone all day from the room to come back to a unclean room. But the night staff apologize and handle to situation promptly.

The view from our room, the location of the hotel and the hotel itself was very nice.

Weekend with Family
    • Traditional Room

Extremely noisy night. must have been Prom for VA Beach. Kids screaming and partying late in the night in the hallway and slamming doors. Maybe look at putting something on all doors that allow them to slowly close without slamming!

Very nice room and location. The amenities in the room were great. The sheets. The shower head as well as the starbucks coffee.

Weekend retreat
    • Traditional Room

I wish the location was a little closer to the beach. It definitely was a good 25 minute drive to the oceanfront.

The bed was extremely comfortable making it a delight after a busy day. The shower was great as always! I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning. It was great!

I would stay again

I didn't like the wait to get in the room. A stain on bathroom floor. A stain on one of the towels

Good Service from the beginning. A pleasure to deal with the staff. Friendly and very helful.Comfort of room was beautiful.

Absolutely love it!
    • Traditional Two Double Room

We could not get HGTV in the room but it was on in the gift shop. I'm just saying!

The bed was like a cloud but also the hotel is just clean and crisp. This is my second time staying here and I drive here from NC. Last time, we paid for internet. Good show.

Small tv, clogged toilets, my room had a bunch of burnt out...
    • Traditional Room

Small tv, clogged toilets, my room had a bunch of burnt out light bulbs.. asked for tooth paste 5 times... never arrived.. ill try another hotel next time

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Get weekend getway, or anytime get away. Everything is a your leisure !!!
    • Traditional Room

Construction is going on, so parking is limited. That is the only down size at this time.

i have been to this Westin on several occasion and I have always been pleased with staff, hotel. The location is a great getaway. The staff is always welcoming,

Beautiful lobby, great location but the rooms need to be cleaner.
    • Traditional Room

The bedding in the room wasn't clean. There were stains on the comforter. I asked to be switched to a different room. They did so without a problem. I am disappointed that it even occurred. With that price point, it shouldn't be an issue.

The lobby is beautiful and you cannot beat the location to restaurants and shops.

It was nice. I wouldn't call it 4 star tho
    • Traditional Two Double Room

I didn't like that breakfast was NOT included. The full length mirror in my room was dirty. The carpet had some stains. There was no microwave in the room.

The location was perfect. It was in walking distance to everything! Free parking was a plus.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great hotel, excellent location!
    • Traditional Room

Everything, from the staff, location, cleanliness, variety of restaurants within walking distance. Overall we had a very good experience. If we have the opportunity to return to Virginia Beach we would like to stay there again.great

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Westin hotel horror!
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Unacceptable conditions! Upon arrival we overheard an irate guest complaining that his room was not cleaned or serviced and demanded a refund and promised to never return. The next day, we had the same experience. We returned to our room to find garbage cans filled, beds unmade, no clean towels or sheets. Even basic toitries were unavailable. Manager said the staff notified guests via letter under the door that service would limited due to the holiday. Not only did we not receive notification, we had to purchase our own toiletries and had to clean our own room. The manager said there was no staff on duty to clean the room or change sheets. I asked why we were not made aware of the deficit in service at check in. Received a poor response. Feel a service contract law was broken here. This hotel was successful in ruining our Thanksgiving stay. I want a full refund for the stay there. I will inform my business partners to avoid this hotel.

The staff was friendly and courteous, but was ineffective in delivering on the promise of excellent service through and through.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Worst water system !!
    • Traditional Two Double Room

There was either boiling hot water or freezing cold water in the shower and basin both.. it took me 20 mins in the shower even after that I was unable to make it.. one can have better shower even in $30 per night hotel..

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Staff is very welcoming.

Room service was delivered on time, however, cold eggs, cold toast and the hot water carafe reeked of coffee so the hot water for tea bag made the hot tea smell like coffee. I was unable to eat the entire breakfast.

Staff is very welcoming. Beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great location to nightlife!

Reserved a deluxe king room, but was told upon check-in that it was not available. They did not offer any compensation until I requested they do so, which they then happily accommodated me. The A/C was not working well at all, room was uncomfortable temperature wise. Also, the room was somewhat weathered.

The location being right in the center of nightlife.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Minor Improvements Needed
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Noisy plumbing, lack of good signage coming in from parking garage, lack of literature in room that explained services offered and maps of locations of services and conference rooms

Beautiful lobby and like steps to 2nd floor

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Decent stay for a night.
    • Traditional Room

The room smelled a little moldy, and musty. There wasn't a microwave in the room just a mini fridge, for the price I should be able to warm up my food in my room. I requested extra bath linen and pillows which I was told was accommodated and once I got into my room I realized it wasn't.

The lobby was nice with complimentary refreshments. The late check out on Sunday (3pm) we were able to sleep in at no extra cost. The quick check in/out. The close proximity to where we were going (walking distance). Also the toiletries smelled really nice.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

This place is great

The curtains were stained in some places and there were scratches on some of the furniture...no big deal though

Bed was super comfortable,room was spacious

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Comfortable stay

Pillows...

The bed was nice in comfy. Pillows was nothing to brag about. The staff is excellent. The location is great..Also there's no guide to the hotel in the rooms. We ask where to find the pool and ice machine.. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Not for Families!!
    • Traditional Two Double Room

Its definitely not kids friendly area. Prostitution everywhere inside and out side the hotel.

Like the fact that the food restaurants were there and it was close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Tranquility
    • Traditional Two Double Room

I can't say a negative thing about the hotel. It's our favorite hotel in Virginia Beach.

The facility is beautiful. The scent throughout the hotel White Tea is incredible. The pool area was great and we absolutely loved the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Improve front-desk attitude...
    • Traditional Two Double Room

The front-desk representative must have been having a bad day...her customer-service attitude was seriously lacking. I eventually got her to smile...

The hotel was great overall...

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Good place to stay for the night while we were traveling through
    • Traditional Room

A group of kids were running up and down the halls making noise, but this wasn't the hotels fault. Made it difficult getting our 5 yr old to sleep.

Perfectly located in town center with a lot of restaurants within walking distance. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Not recommended
    • Traditional Room

The way it was handled. When I got there she took my card but didn't tell me why. She swiped it but didn't tell me what for. She had the wrong person up so she acted like I didn't pay when it was all prepaid. The bed wasn't comfy and had stains.

The location.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

nice but over priced for Virginia Beach
    • Traditional Two Double Room

cost too expensive due to concert not worth $300+ a night only pay that in DC or New York Even the Four Seasons in Sydney was less than that!

nice lobby and room was spacious

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Great place to stay, but needs someone to walk through all the rooms.
    • Traditional Room

Door latch sticking when entering the room. Paint smeared on wallpaper. I think that there should be a manager who inspects every room with a walk through and would see some of the simple minor things that need to be done.

Friendliness of the staff A++. Good price for being 5 minutes from the beach.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The room was large and the fitness center was great.
    • Traditional Room

The pool was very small and not many breakfast places for young kids. You had to take 2 elevators to get to the garage.

The room was large and the fitness center was great. Pretty lobby and Liked Starbucks in the marketplace.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Over all i will recomend everybody to visit this hotel, it is worth your money
    • Traditional Two Double Room

I don't think i would have something to say about this, i am pretty much satisfied.

I stayed for just one night night with my wife and mom and we really enjoyed the comfort of this place, very clean and good located.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Bad management
    • Traditional Two Double Room

This is one of the worst hotel stays in my life. First, they got our booking wrong and we ended up having to pay for the room instead of using our points. Next, when we arrived a room was not ready. The room they gave us was filthy. Mold, stains and pee. Yes pee

Location is good for restaurants and easy Drive to beach. However, town center gets a little crowded on the weekends

Wonderful
    • Traditional Room

Frig does not keep stuff cold, but I did not report, it was minor

This is a very nice place to stay, staff is awesome and place.

George’s

Excelente places

Great location and great hotel
    • Traditional Room

Check in was late due to late checkouts

Great location and great hotel

Had a great time. Need another deal for night of July6, 2018.

Excellent location!

Memorial Day Weekend 2018

No Free Breakfast

The hotel is in the center of several restaurants like The Cheesecake Factory, Pf Chang, Ruth Chris, & Smokey Bones.

Peaceful

The comfy beds

Awesome

Price

Location, Staff, and how beautiful it was

Great!