Reviews of Westin Waltham Boston 4 stars

70 Third Avenue, Waltham, MA 02451, USA

#4 of 11 hotels in Waltham

Convenient location to get to various parts of Boston (city)...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Pricey for what it offered, esp. the $18 parking per night for a non-downtown location is ridiculous.

Convenient location to get to various parts of Boston (city) and suburbs. Decent restaurant available on-site -- good for at least one meal. Easy self-parking option available on-site. Friendly staff.

I will stay again as my daughter's college- Brandeis is 15 minutes away.
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

They need to clean the pool

I have stayed here many times. There are other hotel in the area with higher ratings online that are a little less expensive, but my experiences here have been great- once I dropped a gold bracelet outside. The guy who parks the car had picked it up an I had it back in minutes. Another time I forgot my coat. I didn't realize for days as I'd been in several places. Other hotels, had been rude, hard to check. I'd been bounced around, here there were organized and overnighted it back to me...

Solid business hotel - with some gaps.
    • Deluxe Double Room

My room was SO. COLD. I had the heat cranked up to keep it even tolerable. To top it all off, the heating system was loud and disturbed my sleep. It's also going through a refurb, which is wonderful and, of course, temporary.

A well-situated business hotel that's easy to access from the highway. The front-desk staff was so nice and chipper. The gym was pretty spectacular - lots of equipment to choose from to keep you busy on those jet-lagged mornings. The hotel even let me have a package sent to the property and delivered it to my room when I arrived.

I was a little disappointed with our stay. The hotel is going through some updating.
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

It needs some updating. Bathrooms are small and the shower is old.

We stayed on the weekend and it is a business hotel so our rate was cheaper than usual.

As soon as I asked about the gold bracelet that I'd lost...

The pool is lovely but needs a serious clean. Otherwise my overall rating would be much higher.

As soon as I asked about the gold bracelet that I'd lost, they knew what I was talking about. a member of staff had already found it, turned it in and it was returned to me immediately! He wouldn't even take a reward. Above and beyond!!

There was a bomb threat and they evacuated the hotel at 1am.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

There was a bomb threat and they evacuated the hotel at 1am. Not the hotel's fault and they did what they could but it was an awful experience all around.

There were a few things that made my stay go from excellent to just okay.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Were received a phone call from the front desk the night of my stay informing us that we had to evacuate by 7 am. I’m not a morning person at all, and if I book a hotel room I don’t expect myself to have to be a morning person. I really felt like I couldn’t get my money’s worth as I couldn’t even enjoy the full stay I payed for. Aside from that the only con I noticed was a small bloodstain on the pillow cover. I just removed the pillow cover and threw it on the floor, but regardless that is disgusting.

As soon as I arrive I notice several police vehicles in front of the Hotel, giving it a feeling of security. The employee at check in was very polite and well-mannered, and I was really made feel like an honored guest.

We'll stay here again!
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Please have tea available in the room; we don't drink coffee. The bed and pillows were a bit soft for us but still pretty comfortable.

We really really appreciated the soundproofing in the room. We heard voices occasionally through the air vent, but it was minimal. The desk clerk gave us an end room, which was great. Thank you.

Quiet, well-outfitted Westin a little bit outside Boston but...
    • Traditional Double Double Room with Disability Access

Location just a bit far out from Boston Downtown but convenient for college visits when using a rental car.

Quiet, well-outfitted Westin a little bit outside Boston but super quality for price!

4.5
    Not at the level of a 4 star hotel.

Breakfast took a long time and was not very good. Very noisy fan in the bathroom which I was told is always on. I changed room and the fan was not on. Cleanliness is average.

I will never stay there again
    • King Room - Disability Access

They told me my room wasn't prepaid and it was. So we paid again and then they didn't refund my debit card they credited his credit card which they told me the opposite. There are a bunch of employees who told me it was all set and then when I spoke to manager she said it wasn't. I will definately never stay at this hotel again. Way over priced and they take $100 pre-authorization fee when you check in and here it is the next day and I am still owed the $100 that they didn't refund me. There are plenty of hotels around this one and cheaper. My entire stay was involved with trying to get a charge off instead of enjoying my nephews wedding that was down the street.

The Relish restaurant was very nice

Great property; just make sure doors are closed!

Housekeeper cleaned room and left the door open; I returned to find the door slightly ajar and was very afraid.....security came and luckily nothing (I could determine at the time) was missing, but this should have never happened!

Beautiful hotel; nice beds in room; spacious room; helpful front desk staff, but need more people working to keep up with customers

Ok but nothing special
    • Traditional Double Double Room with Disability Access

Pool had no towels, poor lighting and generally unloved. Restaurant food was poor and relatively expensive. This hotel is certainly not a patch on other Westin Hotels e.g. Dubai.

Staff in person were friendly but not on the phone.

The parking situation is horrendous considering this is...
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The parking situation is horrendous considering this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel that typically charges an arm and a leg for their rooms, then to

In small print there is a fee for parking in addition to...
    • Traditional King Bed Room

In small print there is a fee for parking in addition to your room charge. That is ridiculous. They tried to charge me for mini bar as well when it was never used

Convenient to I-95, 90, 20 and Cambridge, this is the perfect hub.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

There is no open ground-level parking lot. All parking is in the garage, so during the week, your stay is an extra $18. Weekends they sometimes waive it.

Staff was very attentive and accommodating. Buffet breakfast with omelette station excellent and fast! Logical place to stay if you are a parent with a student at one of the three B's: Bentley, Babson or Brandeis. Noticed lots of sports groups use the Westin on the weekends, i.e. hockey clubs, visiting college teams, Bentley football, etc.

Great staff, average facility, over-priced
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was hot and stuffy, conditioner in room didn't work but maintenance man was went out of his way and worked hard to try to remedy the problem; meeting rooms were freezing!

Staff were helpful, friendly and cheerful.

Would certainly recommend it for the price
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Ice maker on 2nd floor broken all 4 night we were there even though we reported it immediately on our arrival. Restaurant a bit expensive. No coffee in lobby. Desk personnel were nice but gave us incorrect info more than once and appeared new to the desk job. Halls were a long walk from elevator. Would like to have had a hot tub at pool

Bed very comfortable. Room temp good. Location very convenient

no clock radio i coulduse.

no clock radio i coulduse. lots of noise from the hallway. parking rate was greater than your stated rate. very heavy comforter, could have been seasonally adjusted for.

Always Relaxing!

I always check every inch of a hotel room before unpacking anything! You just never know. Our huge glass "electric" mirror in the bathroom had a broken corner, jagged glass, right above the little toiletry display. I had to warn my mate not to to sluce his hand. Otherwise, fabulous room.

This location has been a couple of different chains; they have relocated and expanded the bar area, redone & modernized the lobby, and added a really spacious comfortable FREE internet area. Wifi costs $10 if you use your own devices. All the rooms have been upgraded, mini-bar items & toiletries upgraded... very relaxing bed...they've done a great job beautifying the place.

very disappointed..
    • Traditional King Bed Room

1. I don't like the fact that you have to pay $18. a day for parking. 2. The pool was kinda grimy and the water had a green tinge to it. 3. Security was rude and hostile.. I got a knock at my door at 11:30 at night because we were making a little too much noise which is understandable but the way he treated me was like we just committed murder. Very rude and was in my face like he wanted to fight me, he's lucky it was the first night or I would have laid him out acting like that.

The bed was amazing..

Truly wonderful!

Not a thing.

Maya, one of the managers at the hotel, went out of her way to assist my elderly aunt who had become disoriented during her stay. Maya showed my aunt the utmost patience, compassion and understanding until I arrived. Maya and the staff members that I met at the Westin truly understand the meaning of hospitality. They were all very kind and helpful people. I highly recommend this hotel.

Maybe?

Every thing expensive!! 19 dollars for a glass of wine! I know there are mark ups in hotels etc but to me this was excessive. In a normal hotel I could get the same class of wine for 10 dollars less including tax!! I will say the female staff on the whole were excellent, friendly and informative. The men tended to be surly and not very forthcoming. Polite but extremely reserved!! Older woman perhaps!! Impressed but not impressed considering the price I paid! I honestly expected more for my money!!

Good place to stay in greater Boston if you know your way around Boston.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Food at the hamburger place has improved since my last visit a month ago. Service is alternately too hovering and neglectful. Maitre de was unpleasant.

The check-in staff remains among the best I've experienced in my travels. Fast, friendly, and accommodating.

Valet guys great car
    • Traditional King Bed Room

There was a big dog running loose without a chain on our floor in the hallway and elevator. I have allergies and a newborn. My friend is phobic of dogs. Fear!! I don't want dogs near a baby and my allergies. Hate Starbucks coffee so does your staff. They told us they hate it too no other coffee. First weekend staff didn't pick up phones front desk. First weekend no bellhop had to lug everything ourselves. Bathtub clogged. No burgers late night room service menu.

Valet guys great car Comfy beds

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Thanks to Kiev I'll keep coming back

Food served at Relish is still really bad. A $16 burger topped with three pieces of bacon didn't taste like anything. Even cardboard tastes like something. French fries were limp and also tasteless.

Kiev at the check-in desk was again just superb: friendly, fast, and accommodating. She should someday become CEO of the entire hotel chain.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Good hotel in a convenient location
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Check-in was a bit of a hassle this time but the issue was quickly resolved. I did have a room near the A/C/heating units on the roof which made for a noisy night but I got moved to a higher floor when I asked.

I've stayed here before as it is a convenient location for work. The staff are always very helpful. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the rooms are quiet. The gym is clean and well-equipped. The restaurant is pleasant with friendly and attentive staff and I like the new menu. Having a Starbucks on site is a bonus. If I have time off I'm quite happy to stay at this hotel for the day rather than needing to find places to go to fill in the hours. Finally, I find the Westin Green policy very useful.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

DIRTY, BLOOD ON BLANKETS
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Bas customer service. Dirty, company doesn't seem to care that there was dried blood on my blankets, nothing was done about it. Manager later responded that they "looked into it", that was their only response.

Close to my work, "luxury" in APPEARANCE.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Good place to stay.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Kids in pool too late and pool was cold. Felt like a outdoor pool in New England in December. Had to go to bar to get away from the kids and the bar was pricey.

Good deal

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great hotel staff, bad restaurant
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

Once again, the inconsistency of the Burger Bistro. I'm always tempted to use the Copper Pan up the road, but it's too much trouble to get out of the garage etc. Hamburger at dinner one was badly cooked, grisly and tasteless. Hamburger at dinner two was just fine, great in fact. Buffet at breakfast was really bad. Hard to make bacon, sausage, and the fat in the omelet taste like nothing, but the people who prepared the buffet succeeded.

The staff at the desk were once again superb, especially one of the managers, Kiev. She alone is reason enough to make the Waltham Westin my only hotel in Boston.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Perfectly fine
    • Traditional King Bed Room

At check in, it was a new person at the desk and she didn't greet us and couldn't find our reservation which, since we had prepaid, gave us a moment of panic!

Bed was great. Loved having the robe as I forgot my pajamas!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Don't take me away from the feathers!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Unbeknowligly to me, I was given a room on the hypoallergenic floor. So the pillows, bed and comforter were not the same quality as expected. It was not heavenly.

The Westin hotel line is always fairly consist in quality.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Hotel, great; burger bistro, mostly still very bad.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The hamburgers served for dinner Thursday night, November 17th, were really good, rivalling those served at the Copper Pan. The next night for dinner the hamburgers were worse than terrible -- tasteless and pocked with grist that I had to remove from my mouth using a napkin.

The young woman who check me in went way out of her way to make my stay especially pleasant, as she spent time on the computer to make sure I got just the right room.

Big Money hotel had angry staff,
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The women who said she was a Manager also refused to get another member of Management. The heat wasn't working and no one cared saying they'd call and didn't call until about 4am which woke me up. They tried to charge me more for the room I already had paid for. They said they didn't know my company Monster WorldWide.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Excellent hotel + amazing electric mirrors!
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Clean and modern hotel, excellent bed and electric bathroom mirrors were absolutely superb for getting ready and doing makeup. Overall great experience!

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The bed is cozy and overall has a relaxing feel.

They said they didn't have our reservation and they were very snippy about it even though I had a confirmation number. Breakfast had the worst service ever and was so over priced.

The bed is cozy and overall has a relaxing feel.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Oscars at the front desk was amazing.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The room service had way too many additional fees and charges.

Oscars at the front desk was amazing. He took care of finding me the right room. I truly appreciate his efforts.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Great place
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

The TV was not working due to electrical problems

I like the staff. When you ask for something they are quick to help you getting it. I did not have a microwave in the room. Once I called I got it right away.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Nice hotel with a restaurant disaster

Relish is still a disaster. Cold coffee was served to me for $5.50 when I had dessert. At breakfast, the scrambled eggs were stone cold. I avoided the omelet because during my last visit, it was cold and tasteless. Same thing happened this time. During dessert, I was the only person in the entire restaurant. It was shortly before 8 pm. The culture of Relish seems to put emphasis on social conversation and chit chat ahead of keeping an eye out for the needs the guests. A very weird place.

Reception desk especially good and especially excellent was the service extended to me by Kiev.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

GF French Toast Awesomeness!
    • King Room - Disability Access

I just think someone may like to know that there were multiple parts of the ceiling where someone must have flung butter onto the celling. Although not funny for the hotel and kind of gross for the guest to see, it was oddly amusing, but very strange and not at all something I have ever seen before or will likely ever see again.

The bed was very comfortable. Parking was convenient. Workout room was nice and clean -did not use the pool. The GF French Toast was absolutely delicious and the first time I have been able to have French Toast in years! The fresh smoothies were fabulous and nice to see on the menu. My husband loved that there was a Starbucks in house and the restaurant was nice and they did what they could to make the mistakes right.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

It's a Westin so we had the Heavenly Bed in our...
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Location is too far from Boston proper especially if you don't have a car. If you have a car, they will charge you a lot for parking. This Westin is looking it's age.

It's a Westin so we had the Heavenly Bed in our room-very comfortable. Though it only had 1 restaurant on the property, there were other restaurants that are walking distance.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

This is sad that westin is not on top of its property
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Resturant and grounds dirty with trash piled up in parking garage for over 24 hours and Resturant staff poor and food marginal for expense. Dirty entry table in resturant

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Okay, but really bad food.
    • Traditional Double Bed Room

Restaurant is terrible. Coffee served lukewarm, and the omelet on the expensive buffet breakfast tasteless. Service at the check-in counter less than friendly. Burned out bulb in floor lamp

Value for the money.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The only thing that was good was the food.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

I have never been treated so poorly. I would never go back. The staff was very bad at the front desk and the computer was not even functional. I was waiting for 45 minutes for them to find my reservation with my 13 year old nephew, crying because he was so scared. ....I was so insulted by Oscar Besano,I would have punched him right square in his face! I cannot believe that I wasn't compensated in any way. I had planned on staying 3 days and again in august, September and October. so you may want to find better management. ....Darrell sucks!

The only thing that was good was the food. I have to say that I get free food at embassy suites and more respect. I have booked my future plans there. Sorry, but you lost a good customer.

Quick stay- Great value
    • King Room - Disability Access

Everything was great. No complaints!

The price was very reasonable- great value!

Didn't care for it much. Only stay here because Embassy Suites cost more at the time

Having to pay for breakfast every morning. Breakfast should have been free like the Embassy Suites across the road.

Won't go back.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Loud neighbors. No staff on call to resolve. Lost sleep. Complained in morning and got room comped which I appreciated.

No free movie Chanel's.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

No free movie Chanel's. No jacuzzis. Dirty pool area.

A good stay overall.

Parking and paying or not paying for parking was confusing.

Spacious and well appointed room. Accommodating staff

Excellent stay

Maybe more free waters in the room

The staff was great

Staff at first charged our card a day before our stay for...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff at first charged our card a day before our stay for the room

Our favorite place to stay

Gym is limited

The Buffet is good

This stay was due to the prolonged power outages earlier...
    • Traditional King Bed Room

This stay was due to the prolonged power outages earlier this month. Our stay was great!

The pillow.

Should have some live entertainment

The pillow. And lounge area

Remodeling, long delays for parking attendants

Remodeling, long delays for parking attendants

The staff, particularly at the desk, were phenomenal.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The staff, particularly at the desk, were phenomenal.

Sunday brunch very good.

Heating was not good Temp. did nit go above 65 F

Sunday brunch very good.Bed was confortable

The palace is nice
    • Traditional King Bed Room

To far from main attractions

I reserved 1 bed . When I got there they did not have it

Awesome bed-
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

the BC football game opponents were staying on same floor and there was loud music to wake us up in morning-also the fridge was broken

Awesome bed-

Very nice hotel with friendly staff, especially housekeeping.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

coffee shop had limited hours Overpriced snacks available for purchase in room

We loved it!
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Parking under construction and tight.

The room and facility was very classy. Will return again p

Bed was very comfortable had couch and chair to sit in

Breakfast not included

Bed was very comfortable had couch and chair to sit in

pleasant, convenients and better than expected

wish it was close to a train stop...ha ha

Convenient, easy access and great price for value, parking free but lot is dirty and dingy

Other than finding snacks/non vacuumed area around bed, loved the stay.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

vacuuming was not done around bed.

Somebody was smoking!

Somebody was smoking!! Smell in hall & my room

Enjoyed my stay
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The Bed was very comfortable and the linen smelled freshly cleaned

Food and bed

N

Food and bed

I keep coming back mostly because of the service provided, especially by Kiev at the front desk.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

The air conditioner/heater rumbled and squeaked. The one in 472 needs to be fixed.

Food and service much better than in the past

• Traditional King Bed Room

No jacuzzi but the picture showed one

Nice staff nice view bed was very comfy

Staff waived extra fee when I had to upgrade my room.

Staff waived extra fee when I had to upgrade my room. Very impressive!

Paying $18 for parking on top of the hefty prices for rooms.
    • Traditional King Bed Room

Paying $18 for parking on top of the hefty prices for rooms.

Restaurant's food and service have improved.

Air conditioning unit is noisy.

Restaurant's food and service have improved.

Great place to stay at when visiting Boston.
    • King Room - Disability Access

High-quality service and well-equipped room!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Comfortable stay
    • King Room - Disability Access

Like the comforter and comfortable mattress

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great place, but bistro is ugh
    • King Room - Disability Access

Food at the Burger Bistro remains just terrible. I use only because it's convenient.

Staff is friendly and very competent.