Reviews of Westminster Hotel 4 stars

550 West Mount Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, NJ 07039, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Livingston

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the TV did not work and there was no exhaust in the bathroom. The second room we rented had the toilet running all night

Comfortable beds quiet airconditioning

I have nothing to complain about.

The bed was very confortable and so was the sofa. We enjoyed ever part of the hotel! The room was nice size and everything was very clean. I would definitely give it a 5 star hotel rating.

I didnt like that when i got there the key wouldnt work because the room was occupied.but they gave us a room on a higher floor which was excellent

I like everything about the hotel. Im planning on returning very soon.

This hotel is indeed beautiful! the rooms are gorgeous! They even gave us a little snack bag with chips, candy, juice, & granola bars for free! This place is awesome! I would definitely recommend!

• Club King Room

The room was poorly lit by the bed and in the bathroom. The sound insulation was poor - very noisy. Even though the room has a darkening shade, it is ineffective. Too much light come in at the bottom and around the sides.

Called the front office from the phone and always had a busy signal from 2am to 12noon the next day busy busy busy. Wanted to ask to be changed to a different room because the people next door had a child that cried and cried. Young kids running around in the outside area, overall took a while to sleep.

• Club Double

The rooms were great. The bathroom wasn't 100%. Only one robe in the room for 2 - they did send us another. The concierge room was a joke - coffee, water. Sometimes snacks, Never any cream for the coffee no matter how many times you asked.

The rooms were pretty and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No valet when we arrived and had to park far away in a back parking lot and haul our luggage in.

Hotel was cute and clean, bed was comfortable. I liked the hotel lounge. Great vibe.

I would not consider this a luxury hotel at all. That sets certain expectations for the entire experience and unfortunately it didn't meet mine. The staff seemed inexperienced and not trained for a luxury hotel. The biggest thing is that upon my arrival there was no valet and no one to help me with my bags. And it didn't get much better after that initial bad impression. And I'm not a high maintenance person at all, but I was traveling alone and could have used the help. Also - the front desk staff did not greet me when they saw me standing there waiting to check in. This is hotel 101, especially for a "luxury" hotel. The little things that make a luxury hotel were just not there overall - the rooms were comfortable but needed some maintenance, the restaurant wait staff seemed inexperienced - I could go on, but to sum up - it was the most expensive hotel by far in the area, and it did not meet my expectations.

The room itself was very comfortable. Good nights sleep both nights too - very quiet. I was on 2nd floor.

The hot water and water pressure weren't the best, but it could have been due to the fact that there was a power outage when we we there. Also, the bathroom definitely could have/should have been cleaned better.

The room was really nice and the bed was very comfortable.

Elevator is so small and tight specially when you have a lot of stuff on the cart.

It was so close to our family's place. The staff who brought our food was so nice and kind, as she gave us extra fruits for my children.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness was great but could have paid a little more attention to the small detail dusting. It wasn’t enough to complain to the hotel about and I would definitely stay there again. Breakfast buffet in the restaurant was a bit expensive for the level of cuisine

The staff was super helpful and friendly. The bar on site was convenient and had nice atmosphere. The gym and pool was also a big plus. I did not see a single person that worked there in a bad mood and they always greeted you as you walk past. There were plenty of towels and anything else needed unlike previous reviews I read. I let them know of a sharp edge on a piece of furniture that had a chunk of wood missing which I cut my leg on it. They were very apologetic and said they would check the piece out and fix it so it does not happen again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Families with children should be in one area of this hotel. Every night little ones were running up and down the halls running wild😐

Clean and good quality bedding.

Rooms were pretty rundown and not kept up well. Showered were a strangely inconsistent pressure, lots of deep nicks in sinks, some dusty plastic pussy willow decorative above the sink collecting years of dust. Made the mistake of looking by thmy headboard when I dropped something and there was a disgusting collection of unvaccuumed body hairs. Fridge wouldn’t close all the way. Internet was not useable.

The people where all great and very friendly

Getting ice from the machine was awkward. Had to hold the door open with one hand while using the other to hold the bucket. Better for me if the door stayed open on its own so I could use both hands to hold the bucket.

Floor was very quiet. Ice available near my room. Bed very soft & comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

NO HOT WATER IN THE SHOWER! It was freezing outside, and everyone at the hotel had cold water. When we checked out, we were charged significantly more than what our booking was confirmed for. It was only after I showed the manager our email confirmation AND raised a bit of a fuss that we were given the hotel room for the correct amount.

• Club King Room

I was told there was a refrigerator in the room, but it was a “cooler” not an actual refrigerator. They immediately sent one up though upon my request.

The room was absolutely beautiful ! The bed may have been the most comfortable I’ve ever experienced in a hotel. Pillows and linens as well. Plush, extra long towels in the bathroom. Indoor pool and hot tub were AMAZING !!!! Clean and just delightful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The old dusty phone on the bathroom wall and no bathroom vent. The wooden vanity self extends out too much that you have to be careful not to hit your head after brushing your teeth. We checked in very late with our kids (4 & 7) because our water pipes were frozen in our home. We asked if we could have a microwave however it was available for additional $10 a day. One other thing I would change is the front entrance glass door. The doors are very heavy and you have to go through two sets. The owners should change them to automatic sliding glass doors. I

Bathroom light too bright in the middle of the night when need to use it. Great light for the morning through.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I felt like they are taking advantage of the guests. There is no microwave in the room and the only way to get one is to rent it for $10. That was the dumbest idea I have ever seen in a hotel. The wash cloths and towels are very rough on the skin.

The hotel is in an excellent location. Our room was very clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

What a special treat spending Christmas Eve at this property. The exquisite holiday decor, impeccable service and toasting the new year in their lovely restaurants lounge will be a cherished memory!!!!

Well in this case i was staying 2 nights at the hotel and on the next day of my first night I asked that housekeeping please go in change the towels, sheets and remove the garbage. two hours later i came back and nothing was done. Called the front desk and was told that the housekeeper was outside and that they would be in soon. almost an hour later she came in changed the towels in the bathroom, the cups and took out the garbage. To my surprise she actually asked if i wanted her to make the bed, which i thought included changing sheets. No! she just made everything look good again, I was amazed. No vacuuming nothing the cups she just went to the bathroom and washed, mind you I could have done that. Second, there was a convention there I believe and the first night we saw these young ladies sitting in the hallway throughout the night, second night they actually sat right in front of my door :o, I guess no one believes in privacy any more! This was an awful experience! For the price I was paying I expected much more!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave restaurant was too expensive with no alternative offered. Should have coffee available 24/7 in lobby. I don't like those little pots in the room.

Very quiet. With the exception of an occasional door slam, I could not hear other guest in hall or adjacent rooms.

As a customer, if I pay for something I expect to get all the value I can. If my confirmed booking says check in at 3 pm and check out by noon. If I have not called the front desk or walked to it to check out why why will you keep sending staff to knock on rooms and open the door. The knocking I can understand but to open the door and walk in that's just crazy. I understand rooms have to be organized and clean but if your policy is check out til noon and I have not checked out why send the staff in to wake people up and literally have them come in to the room. Where is the sense of privacy?? On another note if you have a restaurant with a bar available to customers, it should at least told to people. Does it have in room dining? If so there was no menu in my room. I had to walk in to the guy at the door and ask if the restaurant and bar were opened.

The cleanliness of the room, size of room was good for value.

Everything can be heard in the room from the hall. Door provides no sound barrier at all. Their website says all rooms have 2-sided mattresses--one side hard, the other soft. Our bed was too hard. Housekeeper told us we had a "new" mattresses that could not be flipped. Buffet breakfast is almost reasonably priced on weekdays & way overpriced on weekends.

Staff was pleasant. Room was clean, & down & feather items removed as requested.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no hot water the night I stayed or the following morning. Lukewarm at best. Very disappointing. This is a hotel, right? Hot water should be a given.

It's beautifully decorated and a very cool space

There was a wedding and the party continued in the hallway until 3 am. Walls are super thin and heard everything going on. It got so bad that an argument had to be made with the bride and other people to quiet down.this is not a place to stay Friday through Saturday unless if you are traveling for buisness, hospital recover (which was myself), or traveling

Staff was nice

No signage to let me know the property was immediately to my right when I turned left at the light. I had to go several miles out of my way to get back to the property

Good experience all around

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No free breakfast at the hotel.

Rooms were very nice and updated looking. Enjoyed my stay, and it was an easy commute to my company's office in Morristown (hotel is is right on Route 10). There are several restaurants and shopping centers within close driving distance (some may even be walkable, but I didn't attempt this).

• Club King Room

The breakfast buffet could be better , it’s not included so they could make it nicer .

The friendliness of the staff . The club room was impecable , loved it . The food from in room dining excellent . Our special thanks to the front desk staff , Alice from the In room dining and the shuttle drivers .

• Club King Room

Too much light in the room. Could not block incoming light at night. Too much noise in corridor at all hours from 11pm to 4am. I was woken up at least 3 times. Probably because my room was near the elevator. Not enough bedding.

Nice amenities. Room clean. Good location.

• Club King Room

I stayed at the bottom level near the event rooms, as guests were leaving the noises could be pretty loud. Not hotels fault but next time i'll request an upper level.

As always hotel was clean, room was in excellent condition, no complaints.

Noisy on weekends, due to weddings. Weekend breakfast buffet is really average, not special. I'd get rid of it if you cant make it special. Airconditioner is really LOUD

The people who wok at this hotel are professional and well trained. I felt like they really cared about making my experience a positive one. Ditto for the restaurant staff.

Bed too soft, like firm. Asked for remodeled room, did not receive. :( Carpet dirty/stained... ick! Too expensive for quality we received.

Nice hotel in general.

Check in staff was not transparent . Misinformed me to take my credit card details despite having pre paid by booking.com deduct incidental when I clearly told them I don’t want . Then they proceeded to push me to give deposit for 75 USD for early check out Incase I decide to leave early . Staff is unwelcoming and don’t make eye contact although Audra was better than other staff. Waiter serving water was rude who did it acknowledge thank you given by Customer but Brian was exceptional . Genuine and a very good host. I have stayed at this hotel many times and I felt they have gone down on standards . Room given me to was too far and staff took 30 min to check me in .

Food is delicious, Brian was amazing in good area , size of room

The room was made up, but not dusted or vacuumed during my 4 nights there.

Breakfast terrible. hard scrambled eggs; overcooked sausage & bacon. And expensive for what they served you. A waste of money.

• Club King Room

The staff at this hotel were amazing. We were preparing for a wedding, and they actually let us stay in the room for an extra hour. We were so appreciative. They were kind, courteous and quick to respond. Also, the bed was so very comfortable - king size had separate adjustments for raising the head, etc.. Truly enjoyed our stay!!

Did not figure out how to use darkening shade until ready to leave thus didn't sleep well due to the lightness of the room Pool not open at right hours for us to use since we had a dinner party to attend

Bed and bedding comfortable

our room was rundown , shabby and in poor shape ( peeling wallpaper in the bathroom , stained carpets, dented dressers ) in addition the bathroom was not clean Also there is only one breakfast option - the Buffett - no coffee bar in the lobby and nothing close by

Room size and bed were comfortsble

I didn't like that for the money i paid for the room it did not come with a microwave and on top of that if you asked for a microwave they charged you an extra fee to bring you one.

Something i really likex about my stay was how friendly the front desk and doormen were.

The hotel is great!nothing bad to say about our stay.

The room was great, excellent temperature. The staff was very courteous, helpful and always available to solve our requests.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The channels for on demand movies were so high just as were the pricing for the restaurant which doesn't even serve alcohol.

The room was a good size for two people, the quietness of the rooms, good location, good value for money.

• Club Double

There is only one town hook in the bathroom. A second snd perhaps third are absolutely necessary. We are willingly to reuse our towels to help save your laundry bill, BUT NOT if our towels don't dry out between uses. Also, we asked for a refrigerator. It idi not cool sufficiently. A freezer compartment is needed.

Beds and bedding were very comfortable. Room was extremely clean and attractive. We love all the amenities.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The refrigerator had a bottle of tea left by the previous guest and there was a piece of candy on top of the refrigerator cabinet. I think housekeeping did not clean the refrigerator or cabinet. There was nothing on facebook or website that let us know the restaurant in the hotel was closed which was an inconvenience for us.

Bed and pillows were very comfortable.

• Club King Room

A recommendation if refrigerator could be a little colder if we plan to store things while visiting.

Just to say I found no fault at all with the hotel.

The parking was a bit far from the main entrance. I think that when housekeeping is scheduled it should be done if keys are returned. It was around 7 and they opened the door to my room and closed it quickly when they realize i was still there. Otherwise stay was great

The staff was great, requested early check in and the room was ready. Room was clean, just as pictured on website. A good size for a king size room, toiletries were available as listed.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Restaurant in hotel

Beautiful hotel , wonderful staff. Restaurant in hotel over priced steakhouse . "Steakhouse " food mediocre for price . Nice bar , good desert. Eat out come back for desert , and or drink . Pool and hot tub beautiful.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

they need to give clearer directions on how to get to the property; it took me three tries because they never told me the name of the street I had to actually pass to get there

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The bathroom sink stopper was broke. Rust in the shower bar was noticeable. Wedding party people were loud in the hallway,outside our room, when they were returning to their rooms.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast offering was a bit weak, but not a dealbreaker.

The hotel was excellent. Rooms were great, facilities very good, staff was courteous and helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool. We had a great stay and I'd highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

We needed to stay a couple of more hours after the time to check out two hours later and they allow us to do this with no additional charge. The hotel is very quiet and clean. It was an enjoyable experience to be there.

• Club King Room

We were disappointed that after a long drive our room was not ready untiI a few hours later. If we stay later than checkout we have to pay, do we get a refund of the hours in a room we didn't get in time? Although the receptionist was vague about when we would get in the room she did call us although later than anticipated.

The cleanliness and overall appearance of the hotel and room. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful! Absolutely wonderful hotel stay.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Club Double

We found the restaurant was very expensive so we had to eat else where

We were very happy with our stay there ..the comfort of the beds were amazing ..and the room and towels were spotless clean

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had several problems that were not handled properly. Coffee machine overflowed onto dresser & into clothes drawer. 1 out of 2 beds not made up the 1st day even though the room was empty from 7;30 am to 8:30 pm. E mailed manager Colin Ankersen the following day & have still not yet received a much wanted phone call. They were asked to give some form of compensation but the inexperienced evening & overnight staff were rude & refused any such option.We have stayed there many times previously (due to location) & have always had some minor problem with some sort of solution.

Location, shopping & restaurants near by. Boutique --Sized hotel. Close to where we needed to be

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Bed was too firm , room 106 was too small for a king room , didn't use any other part of the hotel so it was not worth the inflated price for just a place to sleep

Attentive staff, nice lobby , good location

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

That the stay was too short :)

The cleaning lady that was cleaning the fitness and pool area, I can't remember her name, but she was super sweet and very nice. She made me feel at home!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nice pool, quiet, clean and comfortable room, good bed and great coffee at the lobby.

Comfortable bed....nice size room for 2 people to move around

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff went beyond to be helpful and fun

policy to charge $75 up front for incidentals; for one night that was excessive

bed and room were great and comfortable

We had items taken from our room. Management did NOTHING!!

Did not use.

Price, charged extra for microwave.

Pool and hot tub

The walls are pretty thin. Had s family with kids next door and you could here everything.

Great location, clean and comfortable room

Great weekend rates, safe neighborhood

Bed was comfy and the room was very relaxing

too many questions.. bonus questions

the tv would freeze and the refrigerator did not work which was a huge issue

it was clean and bed was comfy. easy to adjust room tempature.

• Club Double

On a major highway. Not walkable with kids.

Grounds were well kept, super clean!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room was dirty, dusty and had spider webs and a broken refrigerator and stopped up sink and leaking toilet.

Breakfast not included

Location near shopping mall

The hotel is DIRTY and a horrible value.

The ONLY thing I liked about this hotel was when I packed my bags and I knew that I was leaving.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was very uncomfortable and we had a room in front of elevator- guests VERY loud all night

Very clean, great location

The room was large and comfortable and housekeeping was extremely good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

bed frame wood need an upgrade .

Pool Jacuzzi