Reviews of Westgate Towers Resort 3 stars

7600 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Celebration, Orlando, FL 34747, USA

#160 of 407 hotels in Orlando

• One-Bedroom Villa

The family in the suite next to us was very loud. The water pressure in the shower was low. Food from previous guest was in our fridge upon check in.

Friendly staff, amenities were good. The room was very nice & comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Villa

Kitchen floor was wet due to A/C problem when we arrived, but maintenance came quickly and resolved the issue. Biggest problem was our neighbors in the adjacent room. They were loudly cussing at each other and threatening each other throughout our stay. I should not be hearing this in my room. I called the Front Desk about this 3 times, but in the middle of the night, they would start again. They needed to be removed!

Room was large

• Studio Villa

liked everything so can not comment here

Beautiful hotel, this resort is across the street from all the action that is include, but they have a shuttle that takes you back and forth! We could see the Disney fireworks from our room! Great deal for the money, beds were very comfortable, staff at check in were amazing, very friendly!

• One-Bedroom Villa

The high pressure time share presentation was the only sour point. It was optional, we sort of knew what we were getting into, and we got a nice prize out of the deal, so overall I suppose that even that was okay. I just felt bad for the people who got sucked into the time share thing.

• One-Bedroom Villa

1. All the pots in the facilities are sticky pots. I recommend that all the Frying Pans be changes to non-sticky at the minimum. I found it very difficult to fry my favorite plantain during my stay. 2. Payment for Resort Fee should be optional or stated on booking.com that there is an additional charge. I was surprised when the payment of additional Resort Fee came up, though found the payment valid for the activities covered at the Westgate Villa.

Functionality of every appliances and balcony/ pool view from my room

• Studio Villa

I didn’t like the fact that I had to pay $20 to get into the water park when I already paid for the room plus resort fees. What exactly am I paying for resort fees for? It’s misleading

I liked the view from the balcony, I liked the comfortable bed and pillows. I liked the size of the room. I liked the jacuzzi.

• Studio Villa

My only issue was the loudness in the room over the pool, but that is normal for most places and people. And, they have blinds and not black out curtains.

Our family went to meet up with out of town guests, the first night I was there I was alone, family came the next day because everyone was ill, and my room was right above the pool, which would normally be a great thing, however our four year old has autism and doesn't like loud noises, which it was really loud with the kids playing in the pool late, so I asked for another room explaining our situation, and it was taken care of right away, the second room was quiet and perfect. The staff was nice and helpful. The hotel only does a "soft clean" of your room when you stay long, making of beds and clean towles, which it states when you check in, but they give you everything necessary to clean up after yourselves if necessary. Location was great, really close to Disney and other attractions. I would definitely stay here again. Also, it is a timeshare, and they do ask you to come to there "presentation" but weren't pushy about it when I said I wasn't intrested. And our second room had a full kitchen, with dishware, pots/pans, blender, and a washer and dryer, which came in handy when we realized the kids were still sick.

• One-Bedroom Villa

Walls are all paper thin noisey all night. Next to very noisey roads. Way to much golf cart traffic from staff. Could not get to sleep and was woken up early due to noise levels.

Rooms where nice lots of space for families.

• Studio Villa

The management. The housekeeping. The cleanliness of the room, the refrigerator, the shower, the room size (not big enough for a family) and the elevators sucked.

The front desk people.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

it had roaches, and it was dirty the bed sheets were nasty and our bodies were itching from sleeping there. don't stay here

I didn't like anything about this place it was dirty and it had roaches

• Studio Villa

Very nice property with very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was very spacious and clean. Comfy beds and pillows. Multiple pools to choose from on property

Nothing I loved it all

I did not like anything I loved every day LOL this is a great place the young lady that checked us in could not have been more helpful. I will go back often as I can

• One-Bedroom Villa

The time share people. They didn’t give me my $20 back to sit through there presentation. I was told I would get a $100 gift card well they decided to apply my $20+$100 towards tickets to sea world.

Everything was awesome, heated pools, space for everyone so we didn’t feel crowded in one area

• One-Bedroom Villa

The coffee maker was flavored with detergent and the coffee had a very bad taste, I had to wash it and use clean water. On the second day there was no coffee replacement. the sofa bed was uncomfortable for my children

Decoration, cleaning and staff

• Studio Villa

First stay had room with patio that got no sun at any time. Beware - when offered - free breakfast then involves 1 hour + timeshare sales talk. Shuttle bus has to be booked - if you take the early bus to Disney you have the take the early bus back and late bus out, late bus back

Loved the location. If you get the right room then the view is great, if the get the wrong side then your patio / balcony is in the shade all day, not what I was after but went back for a few more days later in the holiday and that time had an apartment which had sun on the patio which was lovely - clean towels everyday, maids etc very helpful and always pleasant and smiling - also, there are several laundrette rooms in each block which isnt mentioned but is great

• One-Bedroom Villa

I did notice that there was dirt and dust in places. The cleaning almost seemed hurried and pushed aside. It didn't bother me too much. I was hoping the reviews I read about that weren't true, but they were. Fortunately the dirtiness wasn't too bad as some described

The room was nice. We had like patio outside with chairs and table. Bed was comfy and big.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Our key did not work to get into our building. We ended up getting 3 sets of keys and still did not solve the problem.

We loved how spacious the rooms were. Also how close the property was to everything.

• One-Bedroom Villa

Being pressured into attending sales sessions for the units. We just wanted a nice car vacation with our kids!

Front desk staff were amazing and very helpful.

• One-Bedroom Villa

The point we found flawed was that the room had only been cleaned once in those 15 days and the bed tidy only 2 times. However, we will not return to the hotel due to the way the company allows its sales team to relate to its customers. We were invited to a welcome breakfast in which the resort would be presented for a period of 60-90 minutes (on the day of the breakfast we were told it would be 60 minutes). The presentation was about the timeshare rentals and lasted almost three hours. After about 2.5 hours and we answered more than 3 times that we had no interest in the business, we complained that the presentation was taking a long time beyond what had been said and we wanted to leave because there was no interest on our part. From that moment we were treated rudely and with no respect whatsoever - disrespecting my pregnant wife in front of my 4 year old son. They even said that they were doing their job, ignoring that we were there for leisure and not to do business. Three people came to talk to us - one after another - practically coercing us to close the deal. We do not recommend the hotel to anyone who wants to have pleasant moments in their leisure time.

The accommodation was spacious with kitchen and hydro in the room exactly as we were looking for due to the fact we have a small child. The people at the front desk were very attentive and we were very welcomed and catered for when needed.

• One-Bedroom Villa

I didn't like the t.v.s and the water pressure and the balcony.

I like the lay out of the room it was nice and dere was sights and food near by and it wasn't that from Disney.

• One-Bedroom Villa

I can't think of one thing.

How spacious the rooms were and clean. Love the Sitting area in the halls, a nice quiet time. The grounds were well kept and manicured. Plus everyone was very friendly from front desk agent to housekeeping

• Studio Villa

The room was small, facility needed updated, room was not clean and you were immediately roped into a timeshare presentation within seconds after checking in. Our sheets on both beds were dirty and needed to be changed. The quality of the hotel was just not great.

The staff was nice giving me a refund

• One-Bedroom Villa

They didn’t have record of our reservation. The ceiling fan stopped working. The coffee wasn’t good. There wer ants in our room. Need to still update the kitchen with Kueirig Coffee maker, walls are thin so you can hear neighbors next door. Will stay at one of your other properties next time.

• Studio Villa

As a starter WR has redefined room service. They have "Partial" service which is basically swap towels and make beds. Do not dream of new sheets even when your stay extends to 8 nights (me)! " Full" service which basically standard hotel service is not available and do not dare to ask because you will loose the "Partial" privileges! And when complaint you will get the "We are BUSY NOW Never Again Westgate!

• One-Bedroom Villa

I didn’t like how one of the front desk Clark didn’t want to do umhis job. I had to go down the next day to speak to someone to get my room changed to what I asked for.

I loved my view

• One-Bedroom Villa

The only problem that I had was that I use "Booking.com" to reserve my rooms. When I arrived the receptionist could not find me in the computer. I do not know what happen, and I had my confirmation. Next time I will call to make reservation for sure.

I love the space, and how clean the rooms were. The staff was very helpful and friendly as well. I plan on visiting Orlando again in the Spring. Staying at the West Gate Resort will be my first pick. Everything was nice.

• One-Bedroom Villa

They do provide soap for dishwasher and to wash your dishes in sink. Room staying a cold 64-71 degrees so we turned heat on to get it to 73 to make it to our liking since air will only stay at that temperature. Staff in lobby friendly. Man at concierge desk insist on giving you welcome package but wants to invite you to a breakfast to sell you a time share. They do not accept no. They will call you every am and wake you up to ask you. We finally took our phone off the hook as not to be woke up.

Nice size villa. Jacuzzi tub in room kept shutting off blowing electrical circuit. Full kitchen, stove, fridge, microwave, tiny apt washer/dryer. 2 bathrooms with 2 showers. Resort fee for amenities like bikes, movies, paddle boats etc..but free shuttle dropped us off and hour later still never got us go we begged train who is not supposed to picked us up as free service to bring us to another shuttle location to get back as way too far to walk back. Left bad taste to shuttle to any more activities. Heated pool was heated but their idea of cleaning it was pouring chlorine in it in am. Hot tub filthy with cement chipping away in places inside.

• One-Bedroom Villa

It's a timeshare so they tried several times to get us to go for a free breakfast to view the property.

Clean and spacious unit. Very close to Disney and restaurants, shopping.

• One-Bedroom Villa

The fact the water took 5 hours to get hot. The small "balcony". Dirty towels. Dirty sheets. Roach in kitchen.

Shower was nice but water took forever to get hot. Bed was comfortable minus the dirty sheets

• One-Bedroom Villa

The smell in the hallways smelled like an old folks home. The sales rep Tina was nice at first and the. After saying no 11 times she got her manager which I told him no 5 more times and end up getting pissed off walking back to my room and trying to hurry up and pack because it was passed the check out time

The bedroom was clean the clean up staff was nice and also the check and and out staff was nice Thea sales person Tina made my experience horrible

• One-Bedroom Villa

Sliding doors in room where hard to open and close

Everybody was so great to us we came from Naples do to Irma we felt very comfortable here thanks to all the staff

• One-Bedroom Villa

We where looking to extend the stay due to the Hurricane. They wanted to charge us almost double as a "walk in" instead of honoring the booking.com rate. That was not something you do to a family that is escaping a disaster and on a day they can't even checkout due to a curfew.

Very accomodating staff. we where escaping Hurricane Irma, it was the perfect place for us.

• One-Bedroom Villa

It was perfect nothing to dislike!!!

Book this place!!! It's Awesome from start to finish... You will not want to leave. The staff is Awesome comfortable beds clean and a full kitchen to save on food cost...

• One-Bedroom Villa

No numbers on the outside of the buildings to match the maps

Courtesy staff,, beautiful facility,,, spacious living quarters ,, comfortable beds,, plenty of towels in bathrooms,, didn't have to call housekeeping to bring more,,, and we were impressed with the beautiful and delicious box of chocolate chip cookies that we were given at check in ,,,

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Studio Villa

The beds where full size and we are used to king but it was ok

Very spacious and nice in nice had three pools and one close at 11 and we had access to there resort

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The property was nothing like the pictures that are posted. We arrived and were very unhappy and they refused to give us our money back. Will never be using this service again.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa

The resort was awesome besides the bathroom had to plunge the toilet every time I flushed but as long as they take care of that WE FOUND OUR NEW RESORT FOR VACATION

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa

VERY nasty n rude pest control is needed i was moved to two room my first room had roaches they didnt move me til the next dau then the room they move me too had fire ants

NOTHING

• One-Bedroom Villa

THE REFRIGERATOR WAS DIRTY .WE ASK FOR THE 5TH FLOOR ALMOST EMPTY,THEY GAVE US THE ROOM NEXT TO THE GARBAGE.THEY DID'NT CLEAN THE TOILETS .WE HAD TO PAY FOR AN EXTRA ROOM. THEY WERE CALLING SINCE 8.AM FOR THE CHECK OUT.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Bar closes early

Drafts sports bar/restaurant has fantastic food, especially the burgers. Wait staff was very attentive. Definitely will stay there again on our next Vacation

• Studio Villa

The mattress was not clean you could see that at one point there were bed bugs, the hotel acted immediately and removed the mattress and called for pest control

I love the room and staff

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The staff are rude

I went there just to get a breather from everything what's been going on in my life with my family in they only wanted me to buy timeshares

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa

When booking our stay through Booking.com I notated I was reserving a room for 4 adults and two children. I indicated we would need a pull out bed for the children at that time. Booking.com stated this request was forwarded to Westgate. I received a response stating Westgate Towers Resort has been informed on my behalf and to please note that my request is not guaranteed until the property has confirmed it. I never received a confirm. I assumed most hotels offer roll away beds for such cases that I was not concerned. When I arrived at my room, we were given a one suite room with a queen and a pull out couch. I called down to the desk to see about getting a pull out bed for the children and was informed this is not provided by this particular hotel. So, we had to share both spaces with the children and adults which made it quite cramped. If I would have known that we could not be provided a pull out bed, I would have still stayed at Westgate however would have booked a two room suite.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa

It is a timeshare resort. They were very pushy about giving us a FREE breakfast as long as you went on a 60 minute express tour. I said no multiple times and she kept pushing! I did not like that at all. We heard the people upstairs moving chairs and making noise all night!

Our room had a jacuzzi tub! That was the best part of it.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Villa

The shower in room 502 you can't get hot water in the master shower or else you burn yourself alive. There's no happy medium. And the wifi wouldn't let me log in all weekend

I loved the pillows best support I've ever had. And I loved my tub.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Studio Villa

Everything was great except one step in the checkin process. We drove 14 hours to get to Orlando and the last we wanted was a sales pitch on their properties. Felt like we were in vegas where they do this.

Proximity to Disney parks and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Villa

Breakfast not included. Kitchen has so much stuff.. just add rice cooker too, it will complete it.

Property is located at a great location, very near to all theme parks.. we did the gador park as well rhich was fairly near to the westgate towers too. We went with a toddler, she loved the pools play area and the jetted bath tub in the room.. the staff was friendly and happy to help too.full kitchen was awesome. We liked the sofa queen bed to.. perfect for 2.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

• Studio Villa

The people next door to us was loud in the middle of the night. Playing music & singing like they were n a club couldn't sleep had to call front desk twice on them.

The room was very nice, great view.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Villa

Excellent family sized accomodation at a reasonable price. Comfortable beds, quiet location. The staff were very helpful and there was lots of stores and places to eat within walking distance. the leisure facilities were excellent as was the cable TV and wi-fi.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Studio Villa

This is not a fancy show off hotel, but it got the job done. There was no jacuzzi in my room, which I quickly got over. I did make several attempts to contact the hotel prior to arrival and never got a response. Also, there was never coffee in the lobby after 830.

The hotel was decent for what I needed it for. The staff was friendly, and helpful. I selected this hotel as it was affordable, close to the parks, and had a free shuttle-which I didn't use once.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Studio Villa

I didn't like the fact that we were tricked into a time share presentation. Although they give you $75 and other incentives for watching the presentation, they don't take no for an answer. I came in town for a graduation and was late because the 60 min presentation turned into 150 mins. When my husband and I declined the offer, they kept pressuring us and left us stranded.

The beds were very comfortable and the jacuzzi bath tub was a great bonus!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Studio Villa

Terrible service. Our a/c was freezing. We arrived late and I asked if they have a bar open to have a drink. they told me the sister property has a bar open until midnight. I asked them to please fix the a/c while we went out for a drink. The bar closed at 11 and bartender said they should know. When we came back a/c was not fixed, but claimed to be fixed. I complained but nothing happened. I called the desk again and lady told me that she is alone and busy. After again a long time nothing happening I called again and asking for another room. Again I got the answer that she is busy. Finally close to 2 AM !! we got a new room. I wanted to send an email to the manager but hotel web page has no email only phone ! Not wasting my time in automated phone menus. Comfort and value are based on this experience. Sad as otherwise it is a nice property.

Big clean and quite room

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Everything was great ! No complaints at all

Amazing quality for the price ! Bed was comfy and Jacuzzi tub was relaxing in the bedroom. Leather couches in the living room and two flat screen tv's. Granite counter tops

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Studio Villa

I really wish wifi had been included. Along with a hot breakfast.

The room was very nice and the staff was very helpful. I really enjoyed how clean and beautiful the room was.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Studio Villa

They change the room that we reserve, we book 2 bed but they chane it with one bed and a couch. And the staff are not helpfull with our concer they told us if we want to complain just call booking.com😬

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Studio Villa

Getting pitched to go see timeshare presentation. No wash clothes or hand towels in room. Walls are very thin.

Very close to WDW. Lots of space. Kitchenette. Close to lots of restaurants and highway.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Villa

Universal discount not great incentive for viewing timeshare presentation. The discount could have been better

It had spot of space and was equipped with everything that we needed. I loved having two bathrooms! Lots of restaurants

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Studio Villa

Parking was an issue. Not enough handicapped parking spaces. Not enough spaces in general. This is a serious issue when you return later in the evening and really need a handicap space and end up parking at the opposite side of the building due to limited space availability.

Close to Parks and shopping. Comfortable beds and nice screened patio.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Studio Villa

Considering our toilet was broken and nobody showed up to fix it like they promised was very disappointing

The rooms are very big and the beds are super comfy

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Studio Villa

Our first room was next to one of their full kitchen villas and when we walked in the room every time we would smell whatever our neighbors cooked. It was so strong and uncomfortable the we had to ask to be switched. Upon getting to the new room we realized all of our clothes smelled like their dinner. It was so unpleasant.

The location was prime

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Villa

The discrimination between a guest and the time share owners. Guests could not make use of certain facilities for free. Had to pay to use the water park at the resort because we are not owners. That's wrong because it was advertised as a feature of the resort on booking.com everything was about Timeshare. Complete turn off.

The staff were quite friendly especially Miguel Cruz. Always helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Studio Villa

We had a leak in the ceiling so we had to relocate to another room. However the bed in the second room was so high I had to jump up on it that became uncomfortable.

The bed in our first room was very soft and low enough to get in. Our overall stay was really superb! I had a flat tire and the staff @ Westgate sent a mechanic to assist me with no hesitation! This is my new destination to stay

• Studio Villa

WiFi at a cost. Complimentary coffee should be served every day not just on the weekend. Pool towels were very small and cheap. Large ant infestation in men's bathroom by pool 3. All major facilities are at the Town Center and not accessible to all hotel guests. We were told we had access and we were not accommodated when we shuttled over to use them

We had a one bedroom suite, we enjoyed the spacious room and the whirlpool in the room shuttle drivers were very timely and courteous.

N/A all was good

Very comfortable room and bed Great location close to theme parks

• Studio Villa

The staff was so terrible and rude and they made charges to my card and didn’t know where they came from.

Close to Disney

• One-Bedroom Villa

Security officials when telling them they seemed like they did not care. Fire ants by pool and hot tub on pool 2 not working very cold

Coffee was delicious

• One-Bedroom Villa

I loved how nice the room was.

• One-Bedroom Villa

Pillows to soft and bed a little to hard.

Location, spa bath, pool

• Studio Villa

Not pet friendly as claimed

Worst hotel ever, tried to scam us for additional $220 for 1 night after having paid $125

• One-Bedroom Villa

Supposed balcony was so small, it couldn't hold a chair.

Bed was very comfortable. Newer TV's. Clean villa.

Rooms are fantastic!!

No suggestions

Everything was good Clean ,quiet,hospitality Safe

No smoking

The spacious villa and the jacuzzi

The promotional to buy a Time Share