Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Chicago North Shore Suites 3 stars

1400 Milwaukee Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025, USA

#6 of 7 hotels in Glenview

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa-Bed

I don't think the bartender was very friendly. We were asking him what drinks specials he had, his response was we have a full bar. As if he didn't want to serve us. Then another couple walked in and sat, immediately he starts chatting it up. I got upset because started explaining the menu to them, and asking them what they would like to drink. We hadn't got one drink yet and we were they about five minutes before the other couple. We finally got a couple round of drinks, we tipped and left.

My kids always enjoy the pool, but my wife misses the jacuzzi hot tube.

• One-Bedroom Family Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

Limited selection on the menu

From the gracious staff at the front desk, the atmosphere and relaxing warm indoor pool 5 stars all around. Our new family starvation spot for the holidays

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa-Bed

Breakfast had to be paid for and there was no fresh coffee except when Starbucks was there which you also had to pay a hefty price for. Staff was not trained well and had difficulty answering questions regarding my bill. Limited staff for so large a hotel too. I will be choosing a different hotel next time.

Rooms were comfortable and fairly quiet.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa-Bed

The lighting in the room was a bit dark. The AC seemed a bit wonky -it was basically either too hot or too cold. Didn't seem like there was adequate ventilation, I'd wake up in the middle of night a bit hot and the thermostat was set at below 70. The toilet ran all night until I opened it up and fixed it. The breakfast was not good- took 40 minutes to get food (wasn't even busy) and it was mediocre at best-- they overlooked my eggs so much they could bounce and the waffle was super soggy before syrup... it also didn't open until 630am which is a bit late if you have an early flight. I couldn't even get a cup of coffee before my flight (had to leave at 630) so that was a bummer. Also, a bit noisy, my window overlooked the highway and even with really good earplugs it woke me up.

The bed/pillows were nice, and the room was nicely updated, staff was nice

• King Suite

Everything else. TV only worked when it wanted to. They could not find my reservation upon check in. They chose not to make up my room some days. Nothing in the room tells you of any amenities. When is check out? Where is the pool? Is the fitness room 24 hrs.? Does the bar serve food? What is close by?

The location. Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Quite possibly the worst shower since the invention of indoor plumbing. Water took almost 5 minutes to heat up, the pressure was awful, and the drain was slow.

The staff was wonderful. Helpful with any needs we had.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• King Suite

we checked in and found out that the hotel was under reconstruction.thats ok if they inform guests.you could hear when we checkesd in, drills and screw guns going on( we checked in before 3pm). checked in and went out for a early dinner. came back and found out that pool was colder than expected,.a few hours later we went to restaurant in hotel for a snack. ordered their sliders for a appetiser,they are a small meatball with a quarter of a slice of cheese on a small pretzel bun. which is way too much bread for the spit of hamburger meat that you get.finished dinner? or snack,felt bad for the servers that this is what they are serving,and went back to our room for the nite. looked outside our window and noticed that out of 40 automobiles there are 20 that are still covered with snow from 2-3 days ago.maybe some customers dont move their cars, i dont know.my wife made a comment that she shouldnt hear construction noise in the morning but, that is what we heard at 7:30 am the next morning.above our suite.if you only have a small percentage of units rented for the night wouldnt you rent them opposite the construction thats going on for a more pleasurable experience?why would someone want to listen to that that early in the morning when checkout isnt till 12.drills and screwguns at 7:30 am.would niot recommend till construction is completed and marriott completely takes overl

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

I brought my daughter and a couple of her friends for my daughter's birthday. The hotel was under construction, which was not to much of a problem, however, the pool was also under construction (part of the reason we stayed at a hotel was for the girls to swim). It wasn't until we checked in and the girls went looking around did we find out the pool was also under construction, we were never told ahead of time!! What a disappointment

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• King Suite

My daughter slept on the pull out sofa and said it was very uncomfortable. There was no bedding for the sofa bed, just a blanket. The water in the sink in the front area didn't work. We were not told that the hotel charged another $ 50 fee per day for incidentals. The website said there is a gaming system in the room and my daughter couldn't find it. There was also construction going on in the hotel so we were unable to access the pool.

The king size bed was very comfortable. When the weather where we live was turning bad, we were able to check out a day early without having to pay a penalty. The staff was very nice.

The pool were closed, we ask if the pool will be open during these days and front desk said yes, the kids were sad about it and we were disappointed.

Big rooms, clean and nice.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• King Suite

Under major construction!!! Booking.com doesn't mention until the "fine print" Value Deal and Guest Choice are B.S. !! Read the most recent reviews, I didn't and got screwed. Don't expect Booking.com to back you up. All I got was argument, and was told my disappointment was "not valid" Stay at Motel 6 instead you'll be just as happy and save $100

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Construction! We booked 3 rooms for 6 days and was very disappointed to be woken up by construction every day. If we would have known prior to booking we probably would have never booked here.

Staff was great!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

They main lobby is under major construction, so we went in through a side door. The Hotel was probably 10% occupied during our stay, and somehow we ended up in the room directly below where construction workers started working at 8am on a Saturday? It just didn't seem like they had their systems down to accommodate their remodeling inconveniences.

The price was right, I guess. And they were pretty flexible with us, booking.com always seems to throw the front desk for a loop.

The hotel was under construction but that wasn't the biggest complaint. The lobby is being remodeled but other things are in disrepair I.e, bathroom door damaged, coffee maker needed demineralized, tv in bedroom was fuzzy on several channels, elevators don't run smoothly, mold in our refrigerator. Upon checkin the staff didn't know our rate and upon check out, the did not ask us how we enjoyed our stay. I always had good experiences at Wyndham so very disappointing.

The bed

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

We were assured connecting rooms when we booked our reservation. Traveling with our kids and grandkids for a family reunion. At check in, we were given rooms next to each other, not connecting. The front desk SUPERVISOR told us the connecting rooms were all given away AND had been OCCUPIED since Wednesday and they would not have any until after our departure. Imagine our surprise when two gentlemen checked into one of the connectors later that evening. They were gracious enough to switch rooms with us so our family could all be together. The front desk staff, including the supervisor who LIED to us, never apologized, nor did they ever look us in the eye again.

We did like the option of having connecting rooms. When we finally got them! :( And, the housekeeping staff were the BEST of all interactions with hotel staff we encountered. They were all so kind and accommodating and pleasant. They could teach the front desk staff some things about honesty and integrity and customer service.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• King Suite

Pretty much everything else. I read some good reviews and got good recommendations. Maybe we got the only nasty room in the place (208). Heavy 'carpet fresh' smell hit us walking in the hotel. Got to our room and the toilet was still dirty. Bathroom tile grout was dirty around shower and toilet. Door stop was broken and verneer was coming off the bathroom door. Vanity mirror had been replaced and the old holes in the wall were not patched. Fabric on the couch was worn along edges and piping was coming out. Fabric on the chair was torn. The breakfast table attached to the wall was an afterthought, so the light switch cover plate which was at the same height was actually cut in half so it would fit. Walked up the stairs from the pool to the fitness room and the carpet was threadbare. No idea why my pictures post upside down, but that pretty much sums up the visit.

Front desk staff were nice. The refrigerator worked.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Need more training on customer service most specially on duty nights to morning, i ask my bill it seems like he dnt want to give it to me and my be he is busy playing on hes desk...

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Only one small trash can in room and nothing was plugged in when we got in there and no bed sheets for pull out couch some of the outlets didn't work

Kitchen in room

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The pool was disappointing. Water was cold. And sofa bad was broken. But the sofa bed was fixed the next day.

I love how the staff were very attentive and friendly. Very nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• King Suite

the tv's kept cutting on and off for NO reason! Shower wouldn't turn off all the way and the refrigerator ran loudly for our son sleeping out on sofa bed ! The elevator's were shaky feeling as to whether or not they were going to run! No continental breakfast !

The staff was wonderful ! Housekeeping especially the young woman Ashley were very friendly and professional and accommodating !

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• King Suite

The wifi was not strong enough (could not even send an email, much less download anything) and the cell coverage bad (verizon customer). There was water under the carpet by the bed, I assume mold, the room was very stuffy.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Dirty base boards and rusting doors. Slow elevators and erratic air conditioning. Dirty pool and expensive mediocre breakfast. Depressed staff who were inattentive to needs.

That the rooms were suites.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• King Suite

That you could hear everything thru the walls of the bathroom of the other unit.

I liked that it had a pool, gym and a kareke restaurant and complentary coffee.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Location is a bit secluded, it was still a decent location and quick 3-4 minute drive to stores, restaurants, venues.

Great rooms, included a microwave, fridge and kitchen sink. Beds were comfortable, pillows were comfortable

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Room was not ready for 3:00 check in. Spent an hour waiting for the room to be ready after a 9 hour drive into the city. Pretty exhausting day. Rooms also had minor damages like broken mirror frame in bathroom, broken kitchen cabinet, very loose plugs, and a few other minor issues.

Kitchen staff were very friendly and helpful. The greenery in the main courtyard was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• King Suite

I didn't like that it was my aniversary and ask for a request & I kept on getting bounced around , till finally they told me to leave a message for the catering manager. Left message Sunday , called Thursday to see if they did what I had requested & of course I said I would pay for the service, but unfortunately no one was aware of my request and was told they didn't do that, but another employee said that they could do it .... My wife was upset and said we should cancel but I said lets just go anyway she wasn't happy.

The room was nice & clean ....

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Evidently there is a transition going on in the restaurant and menu. It was confusing as to how to get room service. We also didn't think the buffet breakfast was very good. We really ended up having a continental breakfast. The food sitting out on the buffet had not replenished.

The room was very comfortable and spacious. We got room service and the food was excellent, as was the service.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• King Suite

Sofas and chairs are old and stained, needs newer furniture. Marriott bought this hotel, they are going to renovate it. So now the whole unpleasantness of the "before" can be experienced. Half of the staff left or was let go, the remaining half doesn't care about anything. Feels like the place is falling apart. The cleaning staff does not understand English. The hiring sign in front of the hotel is only in Spanish. It's a Chicago suburb! I expect to be understood when I ask a question. Bed linens are changed once in three days. Housekeeping does not supply coffee and toiletries consistently. Keep in mind that this hotel is designed as an atrium, and all seven floors of it can "enjoy" private events on Saturday nights. The noise from the wedding party in the atrium was very disturbing.

The hotel is clean, beds and pillows are reasonably comfortable. I am very picky about my hotel rooms, but only had to change a room here once :-) Overall - overpriced but adequate.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa-Bed

The hotel was new and clean, Rooms were good size suites. Staff was extra helpful and friendly. I highly recommend.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa-Bed

Very clean. Peaceful hotel.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

It is an all suites hotel so it gives families room to spread out a bit. The interior atrium provides a comfortable and peaceful public space.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

The bed was so soft I could have slept all day and the staff was amazing

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

First night room was by expressway. Very noisy.

• One-Bedroom Family Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

The hotel was clean and Beautiful. I will stay there every time I go back.

• One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed

All staff is bad.. And poor food..

Noting.

swimming pool

room

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa-Bed

The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The staff was very helpful with anything that I needed.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

I made a double bed reservation but they they gave us king bed it happen second time . They were rude,

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Wasn't aware the hotel was undergoing remodeling - inconvenient.

Cost of room was reasonable.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• King Suite

The breakfast was to expensive for me.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

i like your customer service and your loopy

everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• King Suite

It was dirty. I would like to know that the building is under construction.

Nice kitchen staff. The most friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• King Suite

I liked everything, it was clean and near my morning meeting

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• King Suite

Elevators did not work very well

2 rooms one for work the other for dleep

Everything great hotel

Couldn't get breakfast at 10:00 am, staff was less than friendly

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• King Suite

Rooms were ok but needed an upgrade

Atrium Very comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• King Suite

There was no reservation when we arrived despite a confirmation from Booking.com on my phone. Apparently Booking.com had failed to notify the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Decor

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• King Suite

Decor very dated. Sofa stained. Bed not comfortable. Common areas nice.

Soap smelled wonderful!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The wifi was very bad.

The pool water was warm.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Suite

Didn't eat there but the bed and pillows were great slept like a baby

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• King Suite

Swimming pool had a good temperature. Nice atrium.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

No breakfast included in room rate

Very comfortable room, very spacious.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

Breakfast was not complimentary

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Housekeeping only made the beds and left clean towels during our stay, no vacuuming or anything.

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and courteous!

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

The wifi service was terrible

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The hotel is going to be remodeled and it's overdue for upgrades.Why would you put a sink and a microwave in an area with no utensils or dinnerware? Not all the lights worked. It was a long walk to the guest elevators, so I used the service elevator. The pool spa was removed during my stay; notification would have been nice. There was mold on the bathroom tiles. Bed bed skirts were held together with safety pins. The room decor needs to be updated.

The beds were comfortable. Cleaning staff did a great job of keeping the room clean.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

I reserved a room with two double beds. Upon my arrival I was told that they overbooked and that double beds were not available but that I could sleep on a fold out. I find this to be unacceptable and would like a refund. Also I asked for wi fi and it did not work.....

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

when we got to the property I got send back our reservation was not there and told that they were over sold 10 minutes later the call us to cam back they found the reservation.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

from midnight until at least 4:30 am the room next door were arguing loudly and having a party, called the desk twice from my cell phone because there was no phone cord for the room with the beds

• Reviewed: 14 February 2016

I think this was one of my best hotel stays , only minor thing was the noise from the Atrium early in the morning.

Purchased with breakfast included which allowed us the buffet . Made to order omelettes and pancakes was a nice addition . Not your run of the mill breakfast , actually enjoyed everything about our visit. Bed was very nice and the suite was large . Definitely staying here again !

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

The price was a little high in my opinion. Also, getting to the freeways from the hotel was a little inconvenient.

Breakfast was great, the room was clean, and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2016

The bathroom had some problems with the tub faucet leaking, no vent for steam control & the curtain did not hold the water in.

The hot breakfast was awesome. The room was nice.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2016

First time I stayed there the sofa sagged in the middle making it impossible to sit on it. The bathroom needs heat/exhaust in it. Too cold. The elevator took me up when it was supposed to be going down.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Front desk was not friendly, they did not have my reservation in the system, blaming it on booking.com, the hotel was very nice but the room they gave us was not at all representative of the hotel. The room had obvious issues that had not been inspected by hotel mgmt for a while.

breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

Nothing bad at all. If I would make one criticism it would be the rooms are a bit dated. Nothing serious at all as they were very clean.

Very nice hotel. Suites were very spacious, staff was excellent and breakfast was great, as the choices were numerous, food plentiful and very fresh and tasty. Overall we had a great experience! We really enjoyed the size and comfort of the suites as we were there for 5 days.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The mirror in the bathroom was falling apart. Suite 525. There was stains on the couch. Found open condom wrapper in the hot tub. Dirty Towels were thrown everywhere in the pool area. The key access had to be reactivated numerous times

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

The place is comfortable but dated. We did not like the bar soap would have preferred a shower gel for showers. Complimentary breakfast was good but boring, same things every day and the fruits were not ripe, hash browns gross!

Staff very friendly, premises were clean and close proximity to many places.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

Agent was not helpful at all and he did he would understand my needs over the phone they were just focused about having the reservation for us to check in on the 31st but they wouldn't listen to my needs I would not recommend staying in

The Front desk Agen

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

The bathroom was a little old

Pretty ok hotel, facilities are a little dated, but for the price of 123$ for a 1 bedroom 2 double bed and a sofa sleeper, you can not beat that.. Staff was very nice, breakfast was a ok

• Reviewed: 4 January 2016

Free breakfast was less then appetizing. There was only one chef to serve up made to order dishes and although she was friendly, I could see she was in need of another person. Because she had so many to serve, our food was precooked, rewarmed and a bit over cooked or stale. Probably recommend getting her additional personnel to prep and assist, or have someone go through the long line and take orders ahead so she has more time per order.

Atmosphere of hotel and our room comfort was great.

• Reviewed: 2 January 2016

Cleanliness was an issue for me because if I can see something needs attention then I don't think it is unreasonable to expect it to be taken care of. While the price was fair, the number of issues I encountered were overwhelming for me.

Very friendly staff and a positive attitude regarding any issues brought to their attention. I felt it was a fair value for what I paid.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2016

Despite great effort on my part to arrange the check in so that my daughter and her husband and 4 children would be registered when they arrived it all got confused and created a mess at arrival by the front desk. We had to call the front desk because the tv needed repair, the clock did not work and the 2nd morning the alarm went offf in the middle of the night, we did not have an iron in our room and left a request at the front desk to send one up the iron never never arrived despite a 24 hour early request. The front desk didn't have change for the washer which resulted in many guests having to track down people in the lobby to get change. In general, the hotel did not seem clean. Used trays were left in door ways for at least 24 hours. The whole hotel had finger prints everywhere in common areas, the bedspreds were wrinkled and worn, and the carpet had two areas of carpet the was wrinkled and a tripping danger. In general the staff were somewhat nonresponsive to the guests and did not represent a concern for the way they were representing the hotel.

We have stayed at your hotel many times over the last 10 years. Usually this has been over the holidays because we have relatives in the area. We often travel as a three generation family and liked the open area in the hotels center. We have enjoyed your breakfasts where there were choices for all ages. This area in te past served as a gathering area for the upwards of 40 family members who used to also stay in the hotel during visits. We were the only ones who choose to stay with you this year and we will not returnwith iy

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

This hotel is very dated and did not seem to have staff that paid attention to detail. The breakfast buffet was really not good- the fruit was not fresh and the hash browns undercooked. The muffins were dried out and the cereal was stale. They served the same thing every day. HOWEVER, the food you could order was pretty good- pancakes, omelets, bacon. Did not feel like front desk staff was very helpful when asked simple questions.

It was very nice to have a living room area separate from the bedroom. And to have a refrigerator and microwave was great. The elevator was neat as it overlooked the atrium when it went up or down. I got a good rate for my stay which is only reason I stayed here-- would most likely not stay here again.

There are also 49 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.