2. USA hotel reviews

Reviews of Widblue

2757 West 8th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA

#270 of 382 hotels in Los Angeles

Based on 1287 hostel reviews

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

Good bang for the buck, but tons of rules to follow.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

There are TONS of rules, not all of them make sense. I had a fight with a staff member because I did not want to throw away my leftovers, but you cannot use the pots for that and they have no tupperwares. Not a big deal really, but it is definitely and unusual hostel for those who always travel and stay in hostels. Another inconvenient thing is the kitchen is small, closes a little early, and it is in one of the houses, whereas if you stay in the other house you have to put your shoes on ('cause you cant wear them in) to get hot water or anything...

Definitely, good bang for the buck. The hostel is super clean, good showers, decent beds.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2019

Stuffy and felt dirty 😷 like a waste of money
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Cleaning up the house and bathrooms. Providing simple things like towels and soap. I 5

Dirty unorganized mess. No towels or soap provided....they wanted $10.00 to use a towel. Very crowded and dirty. Only 2 bathrooms to get dressed in the morning and 40+ people. Crowed dirty kitchen. Dirty nasty place. Definitely has gone downhill from our last stay.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

terrible

Host had a issue with my credit card after i booked but before check in time,call host he told me my card was declined.I re did the card information and called back he told too late now they were booked solid.So i had to find a different place. that night. Also there was no parking within blocks of the property and location was very hard to find.

hard a issue with my credit card after i booked but before check in time,call host he told me my card was declined.I redid information and called back he told too late now they were booked solid.So i had to find a different place. that night.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

not recommended
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room smells and small. The host didnt seem to care about the way it smells. The check-in process was very unorganized and we had to wait a whole hour in the lobby just to get to our room. In addition, the host doesn't speak english fluently. Above all, there were some homeless people coming into the building, which is really disturbing since there is only two bathrooms and the building itself is already overloaded with guests. The location of the hostel is also too far from tourist sites.

The host showed us the room and introduced the place. She was nice and kind.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2019

I loved everything else about it i guess.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I didnt exactly appreciate how they knocked on the door, didnt wait to hear a reply, just maybe assumed it was ok or didnt give it much thought and just opened the door. Some of the staff are men, i am just glad i was under the covers when i had minimal clothes on!

I loved everything else about it i guess...decent beds, rooms, bathrooms, shower facilities! Such a great price for it all. :)

• Reviewed: 2 January 2019

Only location and price
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The kitchen is from 8:30 am to 9:30 pm which is pretty bad for travelers. The staff was not polite, and we had to take off our shoes to enter the room. When I parked inside the property, in the last day to pick up our luggage, the staff was very unfriendly, indicating that I was not able to maneuver properly my car because the way was too narrow. However, any driver could maneuver a car in that space.

Only location and price

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

The rooms are very comfortable.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathroom walls are dirty. The bathroom towels should be switched out at least 2 times a day. There are guest that come in late and miss check-in. So the other guest will let them in, and if you are not there, they will sleep in your bed. It's not staff's fault though. They have lives too. However, it's very inconvenient to find Goldilocks snoring in your spot. The owner was arguing with one of the residents. Two drunk men came in at 2 in the morning being very loud and awoke the the whole dorm.

The rooms are very comfortable. Sophia is very patient. Widblue is very, very affordable.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2018

$22 bunk bed rate
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The only thing they kept clean, are the dishes. The floor was sticky and nasty. The microwave, and oven were sticky and nasty. The bathrooms were nasty.

$22 bunk bed rate

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

Price is really good.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Location: difficult to find out and looks unsafe. Though I did not have any problem. Number of toiltets are not sufficient...office keeps open only 8.30 am to 9.30 pm and another major problem: charging ports of all rooms do not work!

Price is really good.Staffs were helpful,bed and other things were comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2018

So incredibly rude.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

So incredibly rude. Caught the owner scratching another tenants Lexus for parking it wrong. Saw her kick people out who paid for multiple nights in advance just so she could keep all of their money. I heard her literally say “sorry no refund we already have your money.” I wanted to smoke a cigarette on the sidewalk up the road and the owner made it her business to stand at the gate and stare at me like she wanted to murder me. That woman is a miserable person and I pity her.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2018

Will be my only stay here. Not friendly at all.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Military style lady at front desk. Aggressive and rude. Said no bottom bunks but when I persisted as I had requested one she had a whole upstairs dorm with lower bunks available. Only one sheet given on mattress. Blankets not clean and smelly. 50 year world traveller. Worst staff found here in this whole time period.

General layout and pretty clean

• Reviewed: 18 December 2018

Safe, clean & cheap.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

If my roomie had followed the quiet hours and no food rules it would have been better. Location has a lot of street noise! I'm a country girl.

Thus is the cheapest place to stay in the area. You get what you pay for. Sharing a room with 5 others can be expected to have issues.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Good lockers system
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The owners are a but bossy and rude but probably it's just part of their culture (I guess) as they come from another country.

Good lockers system

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

Reasonably Priced, Centrally located.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Remember you're staying at a Hostel, will meet people from all around the world, and from time to time a diverse group of people whom maybe Native to Los Angeles,CA, and what makes California Great? Our Diverse population, what makes the World Great People from Australia, Chile, Africa, France Asia Russia, Portugal, Puerto Rico Florida, and the Midwest, and coming together and in a Hostel. So be open minded and willing to embrace others . Be kind, respectful, most of all have fun, and you might do as I did and make a new friends from New Zealand and Sweden .. 🙂

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

Different hostel with aggressive staff
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When we turned up the hostel was fully booked so they moved us to a new accomdation further away. The room and bathroom was dirty and the room pumped out boiling air with a broken fan. The lady changes the codes on the door without telling anyone so one evening we tried to get in and the codes for the front weren’t working so we were locked out. When someone let us in the owner turned up and shouted at us saying we shouldn’t do that and was very aggressive. Others were stuck outside for hours. When we tried to check out she wasn’t there and got annoyed when we asked her to come back for us to check out. Overall a very stressful stay!

The location was good

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

The service there was so terrible.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The service there was so terrible. Its lockers suck. My locker was malfunctioned while all my stuffs i need inside. There was no staffs inside the hostel to get help opening the locker, can not reach out even by phone calls. I kept calling untill my phone died. It was terrible and I did not sleep that night. It is even worse, when I asked for resposibilities to the hotel staffs, and she just denied any responsibilities for the hostel locker malfunctioning and said she just do not know anything it is because the locker itself broken. It is the locker's fault. Even I asked for explaination from the manager, she or he just texted back to me and said " he's going to ask from the staff" and then no responses.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2018

Nice and clean
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Not very safe looking neighborhood, staff didn't speak English too much and they don't reply for emails! When I called before check in to answer couple questions I heard to look for my answers in Google...

Nice and clean

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Would definitely stay again

N/a

The setup all around was highly functional and the manager very good at staying on top of things. Slept very well. Enjoyed socializing with the diverse crowd.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

I hate it
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

First the address of the hostel is not the same, you can’t drink alcohol there, and I had to pay 5 dollars to the owner keep my luggage until the afternoon after the check-in, as soon I came back to take my luggage she said that I couldn’t stay in there anymore, I was just calling my Uber!! This was ridiculous. It was the worst experience in a hostel that I have in my life

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Disrespectful manager who crosses professional boundaries
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The management is really bad. The manager who I'm told owns the house, went into my private locker when I was out after making a point to say at check in that that was something they did not do. After one week of staying there, I could no longer open my locker with my private. I also could not find my shoes (3 pairs) that had gone missing from beneath my bed. Come to find out, the manager had taken my shoes and stuffed them in the locker while I was out. She returned them to me without saying a word. A few days prior, I'd gotten back after work and my food was gone out of the fridge. She (the manager) swore she hadn't thrown it out since their policy was only to remove the food from the fridge (without fair notice). Very unprofessional, rude and disrespectful people. I would not stay here again or recommend this place to anyone.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2018

Good for one night
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Rooms noisy (but it was expected). The fan working all night, I was cold because I was on the top bunk, it's a little bit too close to it. Only one shower for the girls... a bit tight.

The kitchen you can use, the location (quarter safe) and the atmosphere! For a night it's all you need.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

The young Vietnamese man that works the late shift was very...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Where to even start... Our room was filthy and had a horrible aroma of urine! There was old razors and wrappers from sanitary pads in the room that were clearly left over from previous guests without the room being cleaned. The bathrooms and kitchen were disgustingly dirty and our towels smelt of urine too. The lady that owns the place constantly talks about hygiene when you have your ‘outdoor shoes’ on inside, but when we woke up late and caught the slight bit of cleaning she did one day, it involved sweeping the landing and wiping the table in the living room with baby wipes - she didn’t even enter the bathrooms or kitchen once to clean during our weeks stay! The kitchen has flies everywhere and there was lots of rotten food left over in the fridge! She has signs everywhere of everything you CANNOT do and additional charges and deposits for absolutely everything!! $5 a night to park your car, $5 each deposit for a towel and $5 for a key deposit. Then when you leave and want to keep your bags there for a few hours you have to pay $5 PER BAG! The kitchen is locked from 9.30pm and any noise after that time and she’ll come and shout at you and threaten to kick you out - it was 9.45pm!! The area the hostel is in is so sketchy and we did not feel safe walking the streets. AVOID STAYING HERE! We would NEVER stay here again!

The young Vietnamese man that works the late shift was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

DO NOT STAY HERE!
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The young Vietnamese man that worked the late shift was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2018

Widblue hostel review
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The manager must improve her politness with the guests, she is really rude. The kitchen has been dirty for a while and with flies. In The stove only work two fires spots and it has four.Theres no water inside the house to drink, also isnt allowed water in the rooms, so, as the kitchen is outside, impossible to go there every time we need to drink water and it closes 9:30. It is too far from supermarkets, not good location at all.

The beds are comfortable. The two staff boys are good professionals and polite. The bedrooms are clean. The locker inside the room is great.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Can't beat the price, so keep your expectations accordingly.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The staff were always available by phone, but not always on the property. I ended up waiting a lot for the staff, but it was okay because I was in no rush.

I felt safe, the rooms were cozy, and I don't think you can beat the price. The free locker was a game-changer--I wish every hostel had this!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Super clean and great facilities, people there were really...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Receptionist was a little difficult and took a while to get checked in etc, however everything was fine from then on.

Super clean and great facilities, people there were really friendly too. Amazing value for money!

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

The bossy Korean manager treated me as her subordinate.

The bossy Korean manager treated me as her subordinate. She even charged me higher than the price of my earlier online reservation. I haven't received my refund until now. The other staff were okay.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2018

Nothing, orrible experience.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything, super bad. Staff super bad. Structure super bad.

Nothing, orrible experience. Super dirty and very bad. I would never recommend this place to any one

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Good place to stay for a cheap night or two.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very dirty and small. Difficult to communicate with staff, causing confusion at times. Towels were too small and bedding smelt.

Good place to stay for a cheap night or two. Close to bus stop and subway station.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Korean staff are rude and unfriendly, the American staff are nice.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I leave everyday around 6:00am, the kitchen does not open until 8:00am. I come home late, the kitchen is already closed at 9:30pm (they should realize that the people staying there have different hours, they should keep the kitchen open 24 hours). For people who needs to check out early, no staff is available until 8:00 am. For people who have late flights there will be no staff available after 10:00pm (there should be staff at the front desk 24 hours). The Korean staff are rude and unfriendly, the American staff are nice.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2018

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

You don't get a clean sheet! There's a clean fitted sheet and pillow case, but no sheet to lie under, just the blanket. When I mentioned this during check in, the lady said: this is not a hotel. I said it's just a case of basic hygiene. Not sure she cared. There's only 1 female restroom in the house, so the wait can be frustrating. Parts of the kitchen and restroom are filthy. I found communication quite difficult with the lady of the house and the Japanese guy. The Vietnamese guy speaks English really well and he's a absolute sweetheart, always trying to help.

The lockers were good and there's buses nearby.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2018

Not for solo women
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was in a very sketchy neighborhood and on our first night we saw two people beating up another person as we walked down the street near the hostel at 7pm. The room was very cold and only a thin short blanket was provided.

The free coffee in the morning

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

i like here, not much far from Red line subway about 7 mins to walk. it s main subway for tourists
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

my internet didnt work, so it was a bit hard for me to find here by looking papermap, there is no "widblue" sign to notice at the fence. i had to follow the address number along the road.

bed is very comfortable. most i like is the owner is very kind and friendly

It’s ok.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Air conditioner was a hassle. Some girls don’t like it so they turn it off and it will be so hot

The price. The free fresh coffee in the morning. The backyard was nice to set.

Very unpleasant is all
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

She tried make me let her hold money for towel and key to room which you don’t need a key to the room it doesn’t lock. She followed me around because she smelled on me and said something about not smoking weed in a legal state df. U went and bought a towel and she took it

Worst place ever.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This is not a hostel but a jail! A hostel is supposed to be an easygoing place where international people can meet and make friends in a friendly environment. Friendly enviroment? There are so many rules and restrictions written everywhere. They even teach you how to breath. If you do not respect these insane rules, you must leave without refund. I came early at 7 in the morning, and I could not enter until 10, waiting and freezing outside because of their rules. Check-in? The owner did not care about me but she was on the phone all the time while I was checking in. 5 rooms sharing 2 showers, it's about 40 people. I had to wake up at 6 am to avoid crowds. Cooking is allowed from 8.30 am to 9.30?? I had to keep food in my room to make early breafast after waking up at 6 am for toilet crowds. The owner is aggressive with the staff and the staff was aggressive to me when I complained about my wait outside before checkin. One of the backpackers was scared to open the door to me because he was taught like that by the staff not to open to strangers, even though I had my booking on the phone and I was freezing outside. It would be a nice place if it was managed properly.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

LOST ITEM ALMOST EVERYDAY
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The Korean manager is very impolite.

the property is okay, but always beware of people who live in the same room with you. The staff won’t help if you lost any of your belongings.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The free lockers for valuables.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I couldnt open the windows in the room to let fresh air come in

The free lockers for valuables. I felt very confortable and safe knowing that my valuables were locked in there

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Fair price
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Parking. The parking is bad in the area. $5 a night at the facility but it’s hard to get in and out because of the limited space.

Easy check in/out. Friendly and respectful guest

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Difficult to find am affordable accommodation around LA so...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Difficult to find am affordable accommodation around LA so we decided to go with Widblue. A little out of the way in the middle of the Korean neighbourhood. Greeting a bit abrupt due to language barrier but the form was alright and just what’s needed for one night stay. Bare minimum but it did the trick

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Best deal for hostel in L.A.!
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Great value! For the price, it’s a great deal. Clean, safe and friendly staff. They really focus on keeping a safe, clean environment. They have secured parking and location is great to see Los Angeles. Will be back for sure!

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Bad check in process.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bad check in process.guests being locked out without knowing the gate and door code.guests being kept away frim beds because of not having been able to check in

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The place was very clean, the rooms were fresh and in...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel is a 2 houses facility, so in the house I was settled (Gold), there was only 1 bathroom for 4-5 rooms, each one apparently hosting around 5-8 people. So of course the bathroom was often busy. Hostel charges $10 for parking, but only has 2 spots, so you usually have to manage with other room mates the time you are leaving/arriving so your car doesn`t get stucked by someone else`s car.

The place was very clean, the rooms were fresh and in general they were smelling good. Bathroom was also generally clean.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Cheap and satisfactory.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

You can’t wear your shoes inside. They have to be put into your locker or kept on a communal shelf, meaning the lockers (and the blankets and pillows kept in them) smell of feet! Blankets don’t get washed frequently, and there is no top sheet, so it directly on you, after being directly on someone else. It’s in a bit of a dodgy, dirty area that smells of wee. $5 USD to leave a bag there during the day. The hire towels are tiny, but you do get your deposit back for them.

The beds were comfy, it is really cheap by LA standards, there are (small) lockers for personal items that you don’t need a padlock for, clean rooms. I met some other friendly travellers. Food trucks nearby are great. About 15 minutes walk from station. Air con in rooms, which is needed. Good wifi which is included in price. Have towels for hire, and you get your deposit back.

It’s suuuper clean and everything’s in order.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

You might have a communication problem with the staff

It’s suuuper clean and everything’s in order. The lockers are spacious but you might need to leave your luggage in your room

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

You get what you exactly pay for. Nothing more nothing less
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Force to change out of your shoes to shoes everyone in the house wears. Concerning for foot problems in the future. I would rather walk in my socks but you must wear the shoes if you need a place to sleep. Besides that for the price you cant beat it. Oh yeah one shower for ladies and one shower for men and one shared latrine in the house but its manageable.

Location was awesome. Majority of places cost no more then 10.00 for shared transportation to beach. No more then 5.00 to downtown shared transportation via Lyft and bus. Have kitchen to cook food. Walking distance to gas station, discount shops, food vendors which is something to see if you want to try central American food. Across from the house is a 24hr secured guard watching the center which brought comfort. Location brings a great feel of local living outside if tourists feel and it is very very safe then what it looks. They have a 24hour game center which is really neat if you like computer games. Plenty of free delivery options with delivery services offered from your apps to the house. Lockers are in the room to store your items. Key codes are given to go in and out of the house and offered for a deposited of 5.00 for a room key. You get it back at check out. Recommended checking out night before if you want your deposit back if you leave before 10am or after 10pm.

Water cooler.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Location is near essential things but far from cool things. Driving and parking is a terrible experience. Too many people sharing one shower I think. No one there for check out but there is no room key oddly enough

Water cooler. Not too many people in room is nice. Good hostel atmosphere

It's well located in KoreaTown, you can find many good...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff is very rude and unprofessional. Only one of them spoke English, the others didn't reach the basic level. When I arrived I had to wait for over 30' for the receptionist to end a telephone call. Then I wanted to stay one more day and it took me another 45 minutes to get it done. They didn't know in which room I was in, and they didn't know what to charge me. If you forget to take your shoes off you are going to be yelled!

It's well located in KoreaTown, you can find many good restaurant, coffee shops and massage stores. Internet worked well, hot water was always available. The bed was pretty good and comfortable.

Not really good place to stay
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Room was smelly, windows are locked and u can't open up them. The air-conditioning was so bad, makes a lot of noise and doesn't work properly, I wasn't being able to turn it off because is no air in the room and so I was sleeping with noise. The stuff was ok, but not really friendly. The only thing that I like in this place it's shower, clean and good. It's a low price hostel but for this money you can definitely find better place.

Shower

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Doesn't deserve this high score
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I can't believe how this hostel manage to remain this high score and so neither my roommate! They don't have an air conditioner, but air cooler, which is super loud so I couldn't let it work while sleeping. The electricity comes and goes so the host suggested moving to another hostel nearby instead but I just stayed because I had just a couple of days there. The bathroom is not clean and there's only one in the silver house.(at least over 8 people use it). The room and the bed is not that clean and tidy. There was no regular receptionist when I was there, some travellers did that job instead(one of them stayed in my room and she told me that she works for it and stay there for free in return.) Of course, they were not professional at all. I'm not criticising them for not being professional, the host takes the responsibility for it. The "substitutes" were not kind, didn't work hard, didnt stay at the reception when I was about to leave so I had to wait and late to go to the airport. It seems like residential area so you need to walk to find a shop or something like that. You are not allowed to wash your stuff in the bathroom or dry them in or outside of the hostel. You will be charged $10 if do. I've never even seen this anywhere. Do I have to pay over $5 for using the washing machine to wash only a couple of underwear and socks? That's a waste of money and water. I don't understand why they prohibit it but anyway you better know this. It is cheap and not super bad but doesn't deserve this high score I think.

Relatively cheap price and nothing else.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Very friendly and welcoming.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very friendly and welcoming. Always felt that they had our best interest at heart. Cared about our security a lot also. Would highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

I've stayed in 4 hostels now ariu d the same price point. This is he worst.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff I had... Not so good. Just didn't feel friendly and the location felt a little sketchy.

I mean it has everything you need, just nothing to make you happy. I found other places for the same price bracket which actually made me feel happy and comfortable... This was fine, but uncomfortable. Never again coming here.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Cheap hostel for people who just need a bed and a shower.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

It was hard to understand the people who worked at the hostel because they didn’t speak englisch very well and they had a heavy accent.

This hostel is fine for people who only need a place to sleep and that‘s what I was looking for. The price was very good!

I was charged for 4 nights but only stayed 1 night and...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I was charged for 4 nights but only stayed 1 night and haven’t received my refund yet even though I received an email which stated the proper price I was meant to be charged for the one night

Cheap, exactly as expected, would stay again.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Could use a fridge or even a mini fridge? Wifi PW wasnt anywhere on the wall but they responded quickly with it when I asked. On the listing maybe a short option that a person might be moved to a 2nd home, I only knew about this because of some ones review.

Widblue was exactly as I expected it to be, cheap/affordable, clean and minimal. We got asked if we would stay at the new property on Dewey as the original house was semi full - we would split into different rooms. We chose Dewey to stay in the same room. It was a 5minute drive, probably a 12-15minute walk depending on your speed and how much luggage you have. We didnt mind as reading the previous reviews we expected this possibility. The newer house was quieter and not as busy. Small kitchentte* no stove or fridge. Counter with sink, microwave and cabinets (empty) We didn't mind any of this as we didn't intend to cook in. It was a little hard to shower in the morning with 6 girls but we were nice to ask if anyone needed to use the restroom before someone would shower. The street near a major street and there were cars passing but relatively felt safe. Its LA... for the cost people who complain about safety didnt research the area themselves. If you dont need total privacy, plan to be out most of the time, just need a bed. This is a great option for the price. Would stay again. $5 deposit for key to the room, will be returned when key is returned. $5 deposit for a towel, if needed, will be returned when towel is returned.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Clean - Very Clean
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathroom just only have 1 for men and 1 for women in the 2nd floor and 1 restroom for both in 1st floor, it's mean you just only have 1 place to take a shower for 5 rooms. Bed doesn't have the curtain, no light for each beg. No atmosphere for hostel.

Clean - really clean. No bed bug! It's near with bus - subway station. Free shampoo - shower gel. It's ok for stay 1 day or 2 days.

Difficult to communicate with staff
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The staff is inflexible. Sometime there is no staff at the office and difficult to check in /out. Also they told me that I could store my luggage until 4 for free even after checking out and told the girl when to pick up. After I came back to pickup my luggage, she was in the back room and told me she has no permission to take my luggage out since it was not her office time. If so someone should be there... I almost missed my flight

The location is good and safe

We had had better conditions at the same price.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

We supposed to stay at Widblu, but the manager took us at another location witch had better conditions but was far from the subway station.

We had had better conditions at the same price.

Its reasonably priced. Manager needs to improve how they talk. My impression of this is not best.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff, Manager do not know how to deal with the guest. Maybe there is abit of language barrier they have. There were no mirror anywhere at the time i stayed. The kitchen closes at 10pm

The rooms were spacious. There are 2 different houses so not exactly sure what it is like on the other house. this is not listed on their website

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Worst experience ever! Don't go there..
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The hostel manager was very very rude and she can't speak any English. I will never ever go there.. locality is super dirty as well..and there was no one to check-in. When you call them to check-in no one answers. I was standing outside in the hot sun for a good 20mins..

Like nothing!

Average
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Couldn’t wear shoes in the building. Staff took ages to come and check me in, when they eventually did, the first person hadn’t taken pay or anything so I had to go back down because I was leaving before reception opened. Took ages again. Location is a bit out of the way. Asked for a taxi number but the lady at reception said she didn’t know one, not very helpful.

Clean and comfy. Secure lockers inside of room (which was good considering the bedroom doors weren’t locked). Good WiFi.

Good price and clean enough even for someone obsessed with...
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I stayed here for 4 days and paid 5 dollars for towels as deposit when I checked-in. She said that she’ll put a clean towel on my bed everyday but I only get one on first day and the last day. There wasn’t any towel on my bed the other days. She said I should’ve asked for it everyday when I told about it, like the last day I did. And the last day she asked if I have a receipt for the 5 dollars deposit when I wanted it back again. I was like “What? Would you even give me a towel at the first place if I didn’t pay 5 dollars deposit first?” But she insisted about the receipt. I didn’t argue longer then 3 minutes because I knew I wouldn’t get it back. Just make sure you can prove that you paid for the 5 dollars deposit when you check-in and ask for a towel everyday if you don’t get one.

Good price and clean enough even for someone obsessed with cleaning like me.

The worst experience I have ever had.

The worst experience I have ever had. Extremely rude staff. Very dirty room and bathroom. 30 minutes check-in! extra fees. You have to take off your shoes to walk in the property!Very bossy demanding people.

I like use of kitchen and outside seating
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

My mixed dorm had a daily phone conference at 5:30 AM and 6AM and from his bunk. Ongoing very early dialogue.

I like use of kitchen and outside seating

Only for tired travelers who don't have to catch a flight in the time inconvenient to owners.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Just one female shower for 2 rooms of 6 beds. I was lucky the rooms weren't full, or else we'd be standing in line for showers. Cleanliness could definitely improve, especially outside. The trash can in the common room was full each time I entered. TV wasn't working, either, and the air condition was too loud. Afternoon receptionist said "not my working hours" when I came back for locked luggage, but I insisted. I mean, really?! I had a flight to catch and 30 seconds to unlock the luggage room was too much of an effort to her?! Reception working time starts at 8.30 am. Way too late for anyone who leaves early. The service is too rigid and seems self-centred rather than meeting the customer's needs.

Not what I expected but then again a place good enough to just crash. There was plenty of shower gel and shampoo in the bathroom.

I will come back when in the area!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The light and TV in the living room dont work. And I had to smoke my cannabis outside the property. Otherwise, it was good.

It was quiet and clean. I was able to work and remain studious without any noise.

My opinion is of a hostel in Dewey Av, not about Wild Blue.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I was transferred to another hostel because the wild blue was full of people and they offered me to go somewhere else more comfortable. It was a house in Dewey Av, in Korea Town. When I got there, there were people working since it had things to fix and the manager was not very friendly at all. There was nobody in the house, the manager just made some visits at times when somebody was supposed to check in, but in the three days I was there, some people had to wait for her because they were already in the house and she was not there, and they had to wait for her out of the house (during an important heat wave) because we were not allowed to let anybody in the house if she was not there. Plus, I had to pay 5 dollars (as deposit) for the key of my room which was never given back to me because when I had to check out the manager was not there. In fact, I had to do the check out at 10 am (it was the time supposed) but I was not allowed to keep my stuff there until my flight time. I had to go to the airport at 10 am and my flight was at 9:30 pm. It was really not a good experience. You should check these “hostels” before. This “hostel” of Dewey Av is already in booking and the day I arrived at, and the days I stayed in, there were people working and fixing things in the house. It was really unpleasant.

I like nothing at all.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I like nothing at all. I felt totally deceived! I saw different pictures in the booking but when I got there I found a horrible place. The owner did not receive us. We had to pay again there, the lady was super rude and the facilities were filthy. In conclusion, the worst experience of my life.

The hostel has 2 different houses, the pictures is from the...

The hostel has 2 different houses, the pictures is from the first one, the second one is smaller, there is no space in the rooms, the bathtub floats all the time, the power was off 2 during a full night. The staff can barely help, they're not around all the time, they have no patience to explain the thousands of rules, they don't accept shoes inside of the property (is important to put more info about the place, if u decide to go at least u can be ready if less expectations).. the neighborhood is dangerous, so they have a lot of security cameras but if the power off it wasn't working, including the gates.

Not a real hostel
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This is not and hostel. It is a house with only 2 bathrooms and a lot of rooms with bunk beds. The kitchen is small and not well clean with plastic plates and cutlery. The staff was almost never there to help us.

However, it is located closed to the metro station.

be careful of your arriving, time very limited,
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

No place to have the breakfirst, the reception is ouf, and the reception is closed very early... anyway, it's not a confortable youth hotel, low quality/price

No the best ever.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Attempted rape efforts from a man. I was overburden trying to be polite. I asked for a dorm room of women. No men. Men cause problems when they don't keep hands off me. He isn't in my room. But neither am I and it's 1:30 AM. I was fearful and skipped breakfast because of this.

A man was very aggressive and put his hands on me. He refused NO as the answer too much. My feelings are hurt as I tried to play along. He grabbed my hand and put it somewhere I don't want to ever go without a knife in my hand for him. I'm very upset by the forced sexual behavior efforts so I skipped breakfast. I have been now out of doors all night. I was placed in a mixed Dormer. I would like my money back. I booked an all female Dormer. I can't defend against a man

Good place for a quick stay! :)
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

It took a while before a staff is available in the reception area. I hope someone is always there during open hours. Read some reviews here after I've booked. Those reviews made me wary if I should pursue Widblue or not. But I just pursued it. And I am happy that I did. Just to clear what others are saying about the place regarding there are a lot of rules. I think the rules are ok, it's for security purposes and respect for others who are sleeping with you on the same room. They've set some rules. Example: close the light or quiet time at around 10. It make sense because you are sharing the room and others want to sleep too. If you don't want to close the light by that time, then I guess get a room personally for yourself, don't rent a shared bedroom. Don't bring your shoes inside, they have a pair of slipper that you can use. I guess so that the place inside is clean. Upon checkout, you just have to remove your bedsheet and pillow case and put it in the bin. The receptionists are not good in speaking english, so it's a bit hard to understand what they are saying, but they are trying their best to let you know what you need to know. I just took a photo of the their instructions so I can read it and make sure I understand it correctly.

I like my bed. It's comfy to sleep. Lockers. Affordable. Fast internet. They accept cash as payment. They donate 10% of their sales to a certain charity.

I will never go back there no matter what.
    • Bed in 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The unclean areas, the attitude of the staff, and the atmosphere overall. I ended my stay early instead of staying for the whole week that I paid for. Of course I was not given an apology or a refund.

Nothing. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. I ended my stay early instead of staying for the whole week that I paid for. Of course I was not given an apology or a refund.

Price and convenience.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Facilities were dirty, despite owner touting cleanliness - fridge sides and top greasy, floors and staircase dirty. Punitive, abusive attitude towards guests lots of instructional signage. No top sheet, only quilt - I purchased a sheet.

Price and convenience.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Widblue traveller photo gallery