Reviews of Wild Palms Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel 3 stars

910 East Fremont Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94087, USA

#3 of 31 hotels in Sunnyvale

For a real good feel stay.

I would say, nothing.

Great location and it's interiors like garden, pool are very neat and attractive. Rooms are compact and well setup. Utilities and staff are well organised.

We came in late in the day.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We came in late in the day. The staff was super nice. Room was great. Unfortunately we weren't there for relaxation. We will return. Thanks for a lovely stay

Good bed, very spacious room.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The swimming pool and jacuzzi are really rudimentary. The breakfast is ample but mostly prefabricated and loaded with sugar. Overpriced, but then again, it's the silicon valley...

Good bed, very spacious room.

Beautiful.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Loud. Heard everything. Including the clean up staff vacuuming in the am.

Beautiful. Great value. Pretty decent breakfast (with lots of options). Friendly staff. Great views!

Last minute booking, no hitch.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The accommodation age and prices in the area make this visit terrible value for money compared to elsewhere, and really disappointing. Go somewhere that has more to it. I'd expect to pay a third to one half the price that I did anywhere else, globally, for the same result. No offence, but no.

Clean, renovated classic motel. Staff were very helpful.

Amazing fun, restful vacation. The best value in Silicon Valley.

I liked everything!

I liked how extremely clean all was all over the room, building, dining room...near highway, All possible amenites were in perfect working condition. Quiet place and I'm a very light sleeper. Windows are specially so zero noise comes from anywhere. Nice shades in the room so zero light enters. The best and most diversed breakfast I have ever enjoyed. All fresh. Pool is salty, not chlorined so it is much healthier and still perfectly safe for swimming. I'm a swimmer with chlorine allergies. Every worker enjoyed working in the hotel. The guests were all respectful, nice people. Pool was huge, deep and low zones, clean...furniture was so pretty, all that an expensive hotel such as Hilton or Marriott offers you have it in Wild Palms but much cheaper price. Area is safe and clean outside hotel so easy to go for a walk and get food or just walk...near supermarket, stores...walking distance...walls are not paper as other reviews said. I really was concerned about it being a light sleeper but in 4 nights I heard no noise at all every in all night. Internet is fast and reliable all over the building and room. Free daily newspaper, all day coffee and tea...etc...

Peaceful, Pristine but not Pricey!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Exceeded my expectations every count.

Loved Everything about it. Safe quick late check in, fabulous pool and grounds, nice ambiance, the little details and vibes made it excellent! Free Coffee and breakfast made it my new favorite Hotel in San Jose! Nice Neighborhood and super soft beds just to top it off!

Beautiful room & friendly staff
    • Executive King Room

The walls seem a bit thin & if people are talking/laughing in the hallways (not room to room) you can hear it pretty distinctively

It is in a GREAT location. You’re right in the middle of everything. The staff was very welcoming & accommodating. We forgot a few things (oops) & they were all sent up in less than 5 min of us calling!

Good value!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The wall is a little thin, so I can hear lots of noise from people talking to TV next door...

Location is convenient. Room is clean, and the rate is very reasonable!

Liked it so much have booked a return visit in August

Nothing!!

Ahead of time I emailed to say it was our 48th wedding anniversary. Patrick went abov3 and beyond to add special touches which were very much appreciated!

Nice designed room
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

We prefer open windows to AC, but the noise from a heatpump nearby made that impossible.

The room was properly designed. The appearance was great with loads of nice touches with colours, shapes and textures. Also ergonomically things were thought through (by the time you start complaining about the location of the toilet paper roll relative to the bucket or the buzzing of the fridge, the rest must be pretty ok...)

In this price range most likely the best you can find it...
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

In this price range most likely the best you can find it this part of Sillicon Valley. Nice rooms, decent bed and bathroom standard, but fine. Breakfast mediocure, but that is with almost any American hotel. Free parking!

It's a great choice for either business or vacation travels.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Helpful staff at the desk. Free parking, Spacious & clean room and comfortable beds. The breakfast is diverse, and has Asian taste like rice and pickled vegetables which is rarely seen in other hotels.

Great stay in Sunnyvale.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price showed as a great deal and personalized offer on booking.com, but in reality standard hotel price applied (booking.com fault?). To be considered for future reservations.

Great breakfast, great swimming pool, great room, great position. A++

Nice pool area and room, but VERY thin walls.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The walls are very thin, such that I was awakened in the middle of the night by sounds of people in another room being intimate. Also, the hall lights stay on most of the night and shine through the door jam.

The room is nice and the pool area is lovely.

Lovely stay in Wild palms!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

It was a great stay!! The staff was amazing! I think the guy was Ryan - he helped with tons of things like finding an adaptor for our computer to giving recommendations about places around.. Anyone can do it but not anyone can always do it with smile. Spa area was really cool, gym was small but you have all you need and it was empty! Tea and coffee was tasty and breakfast was filling. Maybe if I would be there all week it would get boring but otherwise it was delicious!

Classic motor hotel for shorter stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service wasn’t the best. Area and surroundings are not so fun, far away to any restaurant or shop. Heavy traffic outside.

The pool area was nice. Rooms are clean and bed is comfy. Close to Apple if you are heading there.

wonderful.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

I can not add anything.We love to stay in this hotel when ever we visit our family.We have used this place many times over the years and NEVER been disappointed.

This is one of my favorite places to stay in the area.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

This is one of my favorite places to stay in the area. They have the best breakfast. The bed is comfortable and the staff is always professional and helpful.

My first choice hotel when I visit Sunnyvale !
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

I’m not a fan of vessel sinks and hate the faucet.

Pillows are awesome. Forgot to ask if I could purchase one somehow. Love the hot tub and pool area and free breakfast

We had a great stay and would defininetly stay there again.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Everything was perfect. Our reservation went seamlessly and the staff was warm and welcoming. We had a few questions on the area and they had resources that helped us greatly.

Always 10/10 at WP

NA

I always choose to stay at Wild Palms hotel as #1 choice when traveling in the area. I always feel welcome, safe and home away from home. I truly appreciate the staff at Front Desk and commend the hard-work housekeeping. What more to ask for? This place is #1 for a reason (and I always notice improvements every visit.) Thanks Wild Palms I’ll be back soon. -RJ

Breakfast is great
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The rooms can be quieter The walls are thin - Lot of noise from other people closing doors, walking down stairs etc.

Breakfast is great The property is nice and cozy Beautiful sitting areas and pool access

I would definitely stay here again!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

My window faced the street below & it was loud.

The room was beautifully appointed. It was clean & had many included comforts. The mid-century modern decor was also lovely. Breakfast was listed as continental, but had much more option than that. There were hot scrambled eggs, sausage & lovely vegetarian hash browns, as well as pankakes, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt & pastries. Very pleasantly surprised!

OK to be recommended
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Always problem with keys not working and you have to return to reception happened 2 nights out of 3. They called it computer problem...

breakfast simple nothing fancy, typical motel quality...

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The worst thing to me about the property was how loud is everything was night. Constant door slamming really loud which I think is due to the age of the building. Hearing conversations through the wall. It kept my daughter and I up till at least midnight and I still kept waking up hearing conversations until early am. Breakfast was just okay.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hotel reminders and emails or nice to receive before are dates that were booked.

Near Apple HQ
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

One of two card keys given did not work. People arrived late spoke loudly outside of my room. Someone tried to come in to my room using his key, then knocked the door for a while. These commotion woke me up in the middle of the night and scared me. Staff are efficient and all business. Not like the impression I got from follow up emails I received after booking - warm, attentive, and caring . Room is fine though it’s old and could give some freshen up like fixing discolored wall, peeling offs, rusts on places visible when you take bath. Overall, it’s a decent and relatively comfortable motel.

Amenities, breakfast, location

Lovely stay, excellent value.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Perhaps the reception staff could be more friendly and welcoming. They were very nice and helpful, but distracted. That extra touch would have made the experience exceptional.

The breakfast was surprisingly good, as was the overall design of the hotel, It felt "happy" and had a welcoming vibe.

Great place, great value!!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

We was put on the 1st floor room #1109 next to one of the exiting gate to the parking lot. We felt/heard every exit & entering of that heavy gate through vibration of the walls and we felt/heard every footsteps of our above neighbor too....but other than that, excellent for the value!!

Bed & pillows was so comfortable. The property looked kept, loved the pool & jacuzzi area even though we didnt use it, it looked inviting!

Stay number 4!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stay number 4! A warm welcoming from front desk staff as usual. Staffs were in touch with us to make sure everything is fine. Clean and neatly organized rooms. Comfy beds. Excellent breakfast. Close to El Camino Real, which got many restaurant options near by.

The room was very nice, it has a well designed decoration, a...
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

They don't have elavators or escalators, so if you large bags that can be a trouble.

The room was very nice, it has a well designed decoration, a great staff, a very large room and their breakfast is outstanding (for american standards). I would highly recommend this hotel if you plan to stay in the Sillicon Valley area.

The beds are so comfortable and the rooms are nice.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

They charge me $50 for a deposit which I didn't know about. The bathrKim is very small. Only the slowest WiFi is free the rest yu have to pay. Other than that it is pretty great.

The beds are so comfortable and the rooms are nice. Staff is nice and food was great.I love the lotion they give you. I have already booked my next stay.

Very nice hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No microwave in the room,additional $10 upon request....

Room was nicely updated, clean comfy bed..very good breakfast the menu changes day to day.nice pool area.lots of pool toys for the kids.bonus Wendy's literally across the street..

wildpalms hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

not much choices of breakfast menu. parking lot and room was not close. so a bit hard to move stuff to the room.

around hotel is too dark after sunset. but it is good stay. easy to access highway and comfort. price worth. breakfast was good that has rice and bread

Great poolside value, convenient to Shoreline Amphitheatre
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Location, nothing within walking distance worth going to. Busy streets.

Very accommodating staff. Traveled with a newborn baby, so we requested a king with mini refrigerator on the ground floor poolside close to parking. Lots of requests, right? They scored 100%. It is convenient to Shoreline Amphitheatre and we had picked up Andy’s BBQ for a poolside picnic. Success. Poolside has really nice furniture too

Overall good experience, I would consider it for my next trips.
    • Executive King Room

In room facilities were a little bit outdated (i.e. the door lock broke but was fixed in the same day I reported the issue). Here a couple of suggestions to improve the overall experience: - There were a lot of pillows but none of them were thin and soft. Consider a mix. - I would have liked to have a some bags of tee in the room. This should be possible with minimal effort. - The water fountain makes a lot a noise in the morning, especially in the weekends and my room was next to it. So maybe consider starting it at 10am instead on 7am? - Breakfast is a disaster. Consider charging $5 for better quality than offer a complementary one with low quality. - Upgrade the WiFi :)

I was initially worried by the possible noise after reading the reviews. Fortunately my room was on a quite side with the view to the inner court/pool. In general I was satisfied with my staying, the staff was friendly, the room was clean and quiet (between 10pm and 7am), lots of parking spots.

Nice hotel
    • Executive Double

Some areas need updates such as carpet and TV. A little bit noise problem since Windows are not sound proved. Air-conditioning is loud.

Great location. Room is clean. Plenty parking spaces. Breakfast is good

Very nice hotel.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Unfortunately one staff memember Moamed was less that jovial and charged my husbands card twice, knew he did it and didn't say a word, until we returned to the front desk. His response, sometimes our system does not cooperate..Breakfast the potatoes were cold as in from refgerator cold and there were no turkey options.

Very nice hotel. cold as in from refgerator coldand there were no turkey options.

I would come again if the price is right.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Breakfast. I did not like the eggs, they seemed like they came from some kind of pre made mix, not fresh eggs. The second day I ate elsewhere.

The attentive staff and the clean room.

above average breakfast.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

walls are a bit thin and you hear your neighbors quite well.

above average breakfast. very friendly staff and complete room with all you need. Centrally located in Silicon Valley. good value for money.

Very good place to stay if you need a central SJ location, have kids and love breakfasts!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Walls were thin - or else I was adjacent to someone hard of hearing.

Staff were super. Breakfast delicious. Housekeeping did an excellent job preparing room. Room was comfortable and I appreciated having all of the amenities I needed.

Can not wait to book again.

Room 211 needs more soundproofing from pool machinery

Service at check in and check out great. Room very comfortable and clean. Grounds very relaxing. Breakfast excellent.

The room was clean and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a room next to an entry gate so whenever someone would come in it was loud.

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fabulous. Pool area was really nice. I would definitely recommend this place and will stay there again if I'm in the area again

I didn't like it
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

I asked for a quiet room but get a room close to 4 big noisy fans. There is no elevator. There are to small water bottles in the room but they charge 3 dolar for each. The day after I bough 24 bottles for 2.5 dolar... The bed was way too soft.

Clean.
    • Executive Queen ADA

I cannot think of a single thing I found distasteful about my stay.

Exceptionally clean & reasonably convenient to SJ airport - the courtyard was a quiet place to enjoy my morning coffee and the pool very nice. The hotel is dog friendly, I don't really know about the neighborhood.

Great place to stay, but you might want to skip breakfast
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The breakfast wasn't particularly varied, and sometimes the dishes weren't 100% clean (it looked like the dishwasher left some residues and the staff didn't sort them out).

Our room was comfortable and very clean, and the hotel itself looks really nice. The swimming pool was open between 6AM and 10PM, which means you might actually get to use it even when you're there for business.

It was ok but because we like to relax in the room and option to adult tv.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

We did not like that we were right next to the loud swinging gate. However it got resolved. We also found it rather strange there was just basic cable and not a variety of tv options .

pool area & convenience.

It's the third time staying here and every time the...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's the third time staying here and every time the service from the staff is improving. Helped us in quick check in. Neatly arranged rooms. Comfortable bed. Loved the decor. Stable wifi. Excellent breakfast.

Enjoyed our stay immensely, this hotel is classy.
    • Executive King Room

Lighting in outer entryways. Wife fell to her knees. Reported it. Staff immediately increased lighting however, due to large truck parking in immediate area, the step up was obscured again. Mentioned this on-line and hope they will either use reflective paint/tape or solar lights to focus on step up.

Room was comfortable and beautifully decorated Robes were included for onsite use. Grounds were beautifully manicured. Pool staff available to supply towels for guests.

Great place to stay if your travels take you to Silicone Valley.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Really enjoyed the mid century modern decor of the property. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable, a joy to stay in. The breakfast was ample and satisfying.

Excellent location and beautiful facility. Would stay again when in the area!!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Would have liked the weather to be a little cooler

The room was bright and spacious. Loved that I had more than enough towels. Breakfast had a large selection and the fruit was delicious. Front staff was nice and friendly. Also liked that all the information with breakfast hours and a map of the property was given at check in.

Great value relocation pretty quiet space nice place to stay
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The only thing that comes to mind that I didn't like was that there is only when ice machine and it's on the first floor down by the pool and we are on the second floor so it was a little bit of a hike to get to the ice it's not too big a deal

The room is nice and clean. It's a good size. This time we overlooked the road which was actually amazingly quiet. It is a great location kind of central to everything.

Great Value, great service
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were arriving very late and staff stayed in touch via text, so that our room would be assured. Great customer service. Hotel is a great Value for the area on a pro football weekend

A great hidden gem
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The street noise was a bit much during rush hour which seemed to start about 6AM. Since the hotel is at an intersection, some cars with very loud stereos may sit outside your window until the light turns green.

Very inviting room

Breakfast is very good.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The room card does not work at the first time. We have to take all of our luggages all the way from the parking place to the room to the frontdesk then to the room.

Breakfast is very good. Clean and comfortable. The environment is very pleasant.

Beautiful open air space with a decidedly beach-y vibe.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Beautiful open air space with a decidedly beach-y vibe. The staff were all very friendly and beyond helpful. While we spent most of our days exploring the city, the hotel became our recluse from the hustle and bustle of it all during the evenings. Supremely relaxing and enjoyable.

Great retreat for scorching summer days and nights
    • Executive Double

Rambunctious behavior of other guests in the overcrowded pool, where adult guests were destroying pool noodles in noodle fights; unfortunate but not the fault of the very friendly staff

Lovely pool and friendly staff

Good experience except for the noise!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was told at check-in the property had a "quiet time" between 10pm - 6am but this was not the case. There were children yelling and talking loudly outside and this made it difficult for me to sleep. My room was by the pool and the noise level was high!

The room was very clean, comfortable bed, easy parking, delicious breakfast and friendly staff! Easy check-in and check-out.

It was f****** awesome
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

What I like most about the property was the fact that I was going to leave it soon. Please refrain from asking me questions like this or you shall continue to reap what you sow

The morning breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Did not like where our room was located at near the office. Guests gather there throughout the night and it gets noisey.

The morning breakfast was good.

Beyond exceeded expectations.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

One of the best hotels we have ever stayed at . Everything super clean , modern , in excellent conditions. The bed was amazing , and the sheets were so soft ( unlike that starchy rough feel that's usual in hotels ) . The decor was well thought of , the outside premises was gorgeous, and the breakfast was hands down beyond exceeded normal " complimentary " breakfast .

Awesome hotel.
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The staff was very kind, courteous and helpful. The room's were very clean and comfy. We liked it so much that we encouraged some of our family to check in to Wild Palm's while we were there too. We will return to the Wild Palm's in the future.

Great value in silicon valley
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Only thing I personally didn't like was the bed, it was too soft for me, but that's probably a personal choice.

The site was neat and clean. The room was modern and clean. The pool was well heated and the hottub was great. It was quiet at night, no problems with people waking us up even though our room was right at the top of the stairs. Excellent location in Silicon Valley, close to everything. The breakfast was really good. Pancakes, sausage, bananas, hash browns, eggs one day. French toast, bacon, fruit, hash browns the other day. Very good quality location for the price.

Stay in an inner room!
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

We had a room by the parking lot: @10 local police conducted a person and vehicle search under our window, @12 someone turned up the party music and @6am the drinks came back allll loud and happy. They changed our room for the 2nd night, which was nice but caused us to lose travel time and didn't make up for the lack of sleep, and offered us bottled water for our troubles.... bottled water.

Lovely room. Friendly staff. Loved the bath products. The bed and pillows were comfy.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have always been a Huge fan of Wild Palms. The friendly staff, Location, cleanliness, security etc is what always draws me to Wild Palms whenever I travel down south from the east bay. This past weekend was a real disappointment. The front staff is always professional and accommodating as always. My two complaints are : 1- The room they put me in. 3241. Right next to their laundry room. My room shook till laundry was done. Which was after 10pm that evening. 2- The breakfast staff!! I witnessed a staff member snapping at a woman who politely asked for a table to be cleaned. Yes I do understand that they get swamped at breakfast time but that is no way to be treating a paying guest. When you wear that uniform, you are a representative of that organization and acting the way she did really dropped my rating for Wild Palms. I asked for silver wear and I witnessed another staff member wiping off spoons and a fork she picked up off the counter. This put me right off eating breakfast.

I have always been a Huge fan of Wild Palms. The friendly front desk staff, locatio, cleanliness, security etc is what always draws me to Wild Palms whenever I travel down south from the east bay.

Terrible breakfast!
    • Executive King Room

Breakfast was terrible. Dining area is too small. Very tight. Food was not refilled. At 9am they refused to refill the oatmeal and breakfast ends at 9:30am. They ran out of forks and took them some time - at least 10 to 15 mins to put new forks. You should change the entire breakfast staff. So unfriendly and inefficient. Gives your hotel a terrible reputation

Updated, clean hotel
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Breakfast was less than stellar. Oatmeal was bit watery and selection wasn't great.

Staff very communicative and texted before we even arrived to ask when we would be expected to arrive and if we had any room preference. We asked for an upper floor room and that's what they gave us. Room and facility updated, quiet, clean and comfortable.

Great Bargain, Great Place To Stay over a weekend.
    • Executive Double

My card key required a little TLC to work. Not too bad an issue.

All of the staff with whom I interfaced were very pleasant and helpful. The room was very clean and the amenities were first class.

I love this place
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

Love this place. I come here often to get away. Their hash browns with kale and quinoa are amazing in the free breakfast buffet. The staff is so attentive.

Modern Motel
    • Deluxe King Guestroom

The price is a little steep for the motel feel but the beds were comfortable and clean and the location of course. Definitely a place to stay if you're running out of options, but it wouldn't be my first pick. Parking is a little scarce and the layout to get back into the hotel from the back of the parking lot kind of sucks.

This hotel is like Little Havana meets Silicon Valley. History and culture with a modern touch. It should be noted that the rooms are also outside and not enclosed like a typical hotel. But, I will say for the hotel rooms to be outside, the bugs were minimal. Great Job! Breakfast was also yummy and you can even eat on the "patio" by the pool.

Multiple visits. I love this place
    • Executive King Room

I was disappointed this trip that the famous hash browns with kale and quinoa wasn't in the buffet, but other than that it was excellent.

I love this place all around.

Overall, quite nice stay and I certainly recommend for other travellers

Bed was too soft. I think it is warn out

I really enjoyed warm hospitality of hotel staff, they are very kind and helpful. Location is also pretty good. You can reach almost everywhere in 15 min by a car

I found this hotel to be exactly as advertised.
    • Executive King Room

The breakfast was up to standard for an American hotel in that price range but has room for improvement.

I found this hotel to be exactly as advertised. In my room there was an attention to detail I have rarely seen. Power outlets were conveniently located, unlike so many other hotels.

Sunnyvale, Kim Chi on the Breakfast Bar!
    • Executive King Room

The exterior corridors smell kind of weird.

Very nice and easy late night check-in. Great value for a last minute room including breakfast. Room was very clean. Comp parking.

Sassy hotel close to Silicon Valley needs.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noise from patrons when using the carpark. Lacks respect for others.

Stylish decor. Nice space. Clean and fresh. Coffee maker in room. Relaxing grounds and pool. Reasonable breakfast included.