Reviews of Motel 6 Tucson Airport 2 stars

1025 East Benson Highway, Tucson, AZ 85713, USA

#96 of 103 hotels in Tucson

5.9

6.1

Bathroom Tub need to be re grouted
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom tub area needs to be re grouted and make it look nicer..Its like an update and will look nicer not so old and not looking well ..also will help it look good

It sucked. Demolish the place.
    • Standard King Room

The bed was like a pancake feeling springs,back aches,pillows are pancakes,sliding door does not secure,bad area people that don't rent here hang out in hallways,price not good for stay.wanted money back but they didn't care of our stay,no towels or washclothes in room I had to get them from front desk,room floors not swept or mopped. Overall I don't want that location anymore.

Nothing it was terrible.

Ghetto as all hell.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was a lot of physical damage to the walls. The parking lot had tons of potholes. Basically, it was terribly run down. I didn't feel safe at all. Other guests kept watching me when i left the room as if they were going to mug me or break in to my room. The staircase had random clothing, drug paraphernalia, and people hanging out. Some of the room had clearly had there doors kicked in. And the entry doors didn't even close all the way. The water pressure was so weak, that i couldn't even take a shower. The bed spreads had cigarette burns all over them. The floor was sticky. The bathroom door wouldn't close. The list goes on...

The rooms are big.

The sleeping area was nice.
    • Standard King Room

The door to the hallway didn’t latch properly so anyone could’ve gained access to the hotel. My son saw a man sleeping under the stairwell right outside the hotel office. The hallways were dirty and smelled. The bathtub and surround were dirty and the tub was so creaky it sounded like it would collapse. There was no drain cover and each time I started to run water, if came out a rusty, brown color. I only received a washcloth one of the four evenings and a floor mat two of the evenings. I received hand towels in place of wash cloths. The last night I only received one towel so I couldn’t even use a towel for a floor mat. It was disappointing to not have a hairdryer or iron provided.

The sleeping area was nice. Bedding and flooring looked newer.

Excellent stay at the Motel 6.
    • Standard King Room

Everything was up to satisfaction.

We needed to stay at the hotel because our new home is not ready to move into yet. We will hold up at the hotel until it is time to move into our new home. Great place to stay, comfortable and safe.

Lousy
    • Standard King Room

Nothing in room worked correctly including TV, faucets in bathroom, A/C controls, TV controls, sink with no stopper, and refrigerator.

Modern furnishings in room.

Regular
    • Standard King Room

Not control of the peopel who comes in, was like 8 persons on the next room that was making party in there, couldt even sleep well, very dirty carpet on the hallways, manny peopel from the streets there , should be a security guard patroling and see it this persons at least at nigth

Nice room

Dissatisfied and felt unsafe for my family and I.
    • Standard King Room

Sliding doors should be fixed and locked on every room to protect the safety of anyone staying at this motel. A metal bar/stick should NOT be the method of having a sliding door "locked". My family and I felt unsafe throughout our stay and couldn't wait to check out!

The cleanliness of the room was excellent!

It was okay but wont stay there again.
    • Standard King Room

Didnt clean our room or even bring us clean towels.Need more the 2 towels. Too many weird people ,prostitute and people drinking outside in parking lot.Didn't feel safe at all.Tv didn have good reception.

we will never stay at this location again.

ever thing

every thing was poor or worse. a lot of transits people at or around motel, the wi-fi didnt work.the parking lot had a lot of beer cans and food containers laying around. out side of rooms there were hundreds of cigarette buts on ground.

The property served its purpose.
    • Standard King Room

Area was very sketchy and I didn't feel safe walking dog at night. On two separate instances I found hyperdermic needles on the ground (on the property) when walking the dog. Property was not well kept outside of the front area.

The room itself was very clean. Accomodated my dog. Patio on first floor meant I could walk dog without going through the hotel.

Was NOT a nice place to stay.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room had been updated but left a lot to be desired. The house keeping service did not get done unless we asked, towels were not replaced had to go to desk to get clean ones. The one time they did put fresh towels in there were no wash cloths or hand towels. And the outside security door was never locked. We used this hotel while showing horses in Tucson - we leave early and arrive back late. We do not need fancy hotels. Just clean with good service. This one had nothing good to offer in those catagories.

Very bad stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The mattress had big stains on them. Was very disappointed especially because had my 5 yr & 20 month old. The bathroom was dirty. Found cockroaches roaming throughout the bathroom. The toilet was dirty. The tub had a leak was rusty and was just nasty. Decided to leave without showering when we checked out. There was talking all night from the room next to us. The room was completely the opposite of all the photos they have on booking. Dirty dirty room. It was just an overall very bad stay.

It was easy to check in & check out.

I had to call around late at night for other lodging.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Called ahead said we’ve be checking in late. Was there for a funeral

Room was not ready it w had not been cleaned and was told no other room was available

Economical stay
    • Standard King Room

Location is not well lite

Front desk was helpful, changed out my room after I requested a change due to a urine stench in the shower and bathroom. Understanding and accommodating.

Nice beds, but otherwise lousy in every way.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Inaccurate advertising, not even one chair in the large room to sit on and no dresser or even a suitcase folded piece to put them on. This piece of post modern austerity is incredulous.I guess if we wanted to sponsor a dance we could have had 20 couples dancing around the beds... The front desk clerk was poor at communication, but if she was honest about the place few would register. The neighborhood is a real ghetto and the place should just be bulldozed. I rarely write anything like this, but it was not worth staying at all.

The beds were comfortable.

Comfortable quiet night
    • Standard King Room

The location is in a quiet backwater a little run down and initially felt a little nervous.

The room was clean and included all that I needed for my one night stay. The night was quiet.

Great price and location!
    • Standard King Room

The hallway smelled of cigarette smoke, but our room did not. The hallways appear to be under construction, with ice machines not plugged in yet and the carpet appeared to be not completely installed.

The price! You cannot stay in this area in this nice of a hotel for any less money. A true bargain to be found near the Pima air and space Museum.

The only thing I liked about the hotel was our housekeeper...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The junkies that they let rent there is not good especially family’s with children

The only thing I liked about the hotel was our housekeeper she was the BEST ever her name was fernanda she cleaned our room like if it was her home !!! She is the best ever

Priced to high for the kind of room you get
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They cancelled our reservation before we were even there. Rooms smelled and we're dirty had food on the ceiling. The towels were like sandpaper and the bathrooms needed deep cleaning.

Changed our rooms without issue. Rooms were big and the beds were comfortable enough. Rooms were inconsistent with what they offered i e refigerator, microwave additional plugins with the TV for game sratuons.

gave me extra pillows as requested and first floor as...
    • Standard King Room

gave me extra pillows as requested and first floor as requested. However I'm staying at another motel 6 where you have to PAY for wifi, you might want to advertise that fact. I never would have booked had I been made aware.. location 960 s freeway tucson az 85745 also no fridge

warm and adequate, but not pleasant.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The floor felt sticky and the towels had hair on them. The sink is cracked, the shower leaked very badly. Not only was the water pouring out of the faucet a waste in the desert, but it was disturbingly loud all night as it splashed on the drain.

The receptionist in the office was very friendly and courteous ; she did her job very well.

Stay the hell away !!!!!!8. .
    • Standard King Room

Place was a dump, no security doors we're lock. Here's your wearing stay the he'll away from this location, all kind of suspect looking people were presence, good thing night clerk gave me my money back, right after i looked in the room.

I payed over $100 a night for this awfull room and I will never trust a Motel 6 again!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The smell of the room was unbearable! Did not feel safe because of shady people sleeping in the hallways. Beds were horribly uncomfortable! The courtyard looked like it had been bombed in a war!

Not one thing!

Uncomfortable!
    • Standard King Room

Drains smelled like sewer. Put plug down in sink and plugged up shower drain. Had to plug in microwave in different receptacle, hot water for shower never got hot, couldn’t get internet. Loud hallway. No breakfast like ad, only coffee.

Desk staff

Okay at best
    • Standard King Room

Hallway areas felt dingy and dirty. Bad smell from the bathroom sink drain. Some stains on washcloths/towels. Very slow drain in the shower meant standing in 2” of water the whole time. Price was almost $120 because gem show was in Tucson, it’s worth half that.

Room was large and I am glad it was not carpeted since it is a hotel that allows dogs. Nice TV, had small fridge and microwave, Decent location for airport and I-10. Well lit parking lot.

Awful
    • Standard King Room

The hotel room was disgusting and made me feel uncomfortable to sleep in. Our room didn’t have any pillow cases, the sheets were dirty with stained blood and huge burn holes in the comforter. When we went down to tell the front desk lady it didn’t even seem to phase her at all. We switched rooms then the next one had no pillow cases on it either. Definitely not worth $120 a night. Very dissaponting

It’s close to freeway
    • Standard King Room

The room was dirty. The first room I was checked in to had a broken door lock handle. The front desk agent insisted it works and that she would try to open it herself. I reiterated that the handle is dangling off the door. She finally gave me a different room. The second room was ok. The walls have dark stains on the wall. The baseboard of in the bathroom was coming off the wall. The caulking around the rub was moldy. To top it all off, someone was trying to open my door in the middle of the night. I had to check out a day early.

It’s close to freeway

Worst hotel experience ever!
    • Standard King Room

Customer service, room comfort, no shampoo offered, no breakfast, looks old and forgotten, hardly anything worked in the room.

Nothing to like at this terrible place.

Won’t be staying here again. Last minute choice due to convention taking place in local area.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Waiting for rooms to be available - neither been cleaned - at gone 6pm when checking in. (Not having enough resources is not a valid excuse. You plan accordingly.) Being allocated a room that was occupied by other guests. Computer system failure was given as a reason for this error. Fabric of room, building and surroundings are grim. Worn and tired best describes.

Location served a purpose. Room was clean.

Worst experience ever
    • King Room - Smoking

This is the filthiest motel I’ve ever seen. I mean vile With pics to prove it. The doors didn’t even lock! So in addition to being completely grossed out by the dirty towels and sheets, I did not feel safe. I want a refund and I already contacted the health dept

Absolutely nothing

Not worth the money
    • King Room - Smoking

The room wasnt really clean. The tub had black spots in it. A huge roach crawled from out the hallway into my room. Towels weren't fresh.

The set up of the room was really cute.

Stay away!!
    • Standard King Room

Everything stay way! One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at the location is sketchy there was crackheads outside our hallway and outside the hotel. We even saw a couple of people shooting up as we were leaving! Smelled like weed all day and night. Half of the hotel on the left is abandoned people walking around that are not even staying in the hotel. I think we even saw a pimp he had a room downstairs and a room upstairs and took girls into both rooms!

Mmm I really don't thing anything

Never Again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Poor quality bed linens, not enough towels or wash clothes the booked occupants, room poorly cleaned, wash clothes looked unclean hair in sink on floors. First room air condition blowing hot air but had a refrigerator which was needed for medication storage, next room moved to sit condition worked well but no fridge. Cigarette smoke smell to drapes and bathroom curtain and room was non smoking. Hallways dirty and smell of cigarettes/marijuana. Motel 6 is now scratched from my place to book a room.

Very friendly staff.

Good stay. Conveniently located.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Room smelled like old cigarettes when I booked a non smoking room. The key cards kept demagnetizing. Kept having to reprogram it twice. Finally received a different type of card which worked better.

Close to family. Shopping center close by. Near the freeway.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I didn't like that i was told that my AARP card couldn't be used at the time of my arrival and they jus referred me bck to you guys. when i made the intial reservation the person ont the other end told me i would not have a problem bringing that end til i got here. Well they didnt and cudnt give me a discount to our stay, because i have made the reservation through Booking.com and that i would hav to call you guys back 😣

Bed n room size was great.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Room - Smoking

bathroom was filthy, hair on back of bathroom door, hallways dirty, water pressure bad, tub and shower head filthy, pillows were too small, room temp hard to regulate. For $89 I expect more, next time we will use La Quinta or Best Western.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

I had reserved a room non smoking with two beds and on the...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had reserved a room non smoking with two beds and on the first floor. This was more than two weeks ahead of time. When we checked in we got a room with one bed on the first floor. When I went back to office they only had a room with two beds on the 2nd floor. This was hard on my husband since he had back surgery and walking up stairs hurts him. There was no apology for the mix up. otherwise the stay was nice.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Great location, best value, very nice remodeled room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Bathroom shower needs remodeled, but worked fine for our needs

Great location for gem shows. Felt safe. The re-modeled rooms were clean and modern. Overall no complaints. Would gladly stay here again.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Below Motel 6 standards...
    • Standard King Room

Shower was cold, called front desk. Issue not resolved. Manager was supposed to call, has not. Drape over sliding glass door was pulled loose and hanging down about a foot and a half.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Clean and friendly staff
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The after hours check in window could use some weather protection and the "free wifi" would not connect. Otherwise good.

Clean and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

My stay and experience is always worth the price!
    • Standard King Room

The ice machine doesn't always seem to work, and staff sometimes forgets to restock the rooms with toiletries which can be a real disappointment when checking in very late.

I've stayed at this location for the last two years when traveling to Tucson. Within that time span they have done new renovations and really made the place feel so much more cozy and delightful to stay.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

This property is unsafe and very unclean it's scary all...
    • Standard King Room

This property is unsafe and very unclean it's scary all the bag people all over the property. In the parking lot walking up and down the Halls

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

They need security over night at least
    • Standard King Room

It's very noisy all night it's in a bad area there's so many scary people in the Halls and parking lot

Honestly only the staff

My stay was comfortable
    • Standard King Room

Price and cleanliness of the room

There were no eggs and clouds beds

More vagina

There were no eggs and clouds beds

• Standard King Room

Too many cops in the area but I did feel safer when they patrolled every day all day!.
    • Standard King Room

Location, bad area of twn

The privacy the staff gave us!!

Proximity to airport ease of finding
    • Standard King Room

Entry door handle was loose and hard to open door, issue with key card.

Proximity to airport ease of finding

Over ran.

Thugs run the place, not the employees!

Let’s just say I don’t think I’ll return
    • King Room - Smoking

The bathroom tub was stain up the sliding door latches didn’t work had a bar to keep it closed poor water pressure in shower.

Awesome i really enjoy staying there

Everything was great

Price and location was ok

Noice

Price and location was ok

Well spent would do it again

Too cozy lol

Very cute

Not all clean

Not all clean

The newly remodeled rooms felt very spacious n comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

The newly remodeled rooms felt very spacious n comfortable.

I love this motel 6

Wish they had a pool

The rooms and staff

Awesome

I loved every thing

Every thing

happy with the place

smoking odor in hallways

room was better than anticipated. clean and comfy

Lots of room to get shot

Shootings

Spacious

Wonderfull I will be back I hate to go .if I could afford to stay longer I would .
    • Standard King Room

There is nothing to dislike about the place .

Everything was great. Staff very nice and helpful. Very quiet and peaceful.

Loud guests but a great staff

People

Discount for a disco

It was the worest

It the worest

Adequate
    • Standard King Room

Actually rather trashy surroundings with loud expressway traffic noise

Cheap and convenient

Worth the money

Comfortable

Convierte

OK
    • Standard King Room

hallways are dirty, other guest can be heard - loud voices

location and cost

Okay for a night.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Could have been cleaner, especially outside.

Just bare bones...okay for on night.

Close to fwy and Walmart not to mention restaurant.
    • Standard King Room

Close to fwy and Walmart not to mention restaurant.

Staff makes you feel welcomed and very helpful.

Staff is very friendly

Staff makes you feel welcomed and very helpful.

I love staying at motel6
    • Standard King Room

The leading facility was out of order

Towels were nice and white. Neat and clean

Good bargain!

Noisy'neighbors'

Good bargain!

Nasty no towels
    • Standard King Room

Maids banging on doors ro early

Receptionist was the only nice one

Ok. I’ve stayed at better Motel 6s.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cleanliness of the property was poor inside and out but the room was good.

The size of the room.

Peace

Nothing. I liked it all

Very comfortable bed and room was very clean.
    • Standard King Room

The hallway smelled like smoke pretty bad. Like a bad smell.

Very comfortable bed and room was very clean.