Reviews of Best Western Plus Birmingham Inn & Suites 3 stars

800 Corporate Ridge Drive, Birmingham, AL 35242, USA

#29 of 61 hotels in Birmingham

Been to other Best Western Plus that had fresh cookies but this one didn't. Would love to see fresh eggs instead of the round egg disks.

The front desk and breakfast staff were super friendly. Room staff kept our room clean and tidy.

I don't eat pork and the only breakfast meat they had was ham.need to think about getting turkey sausage to the menu. At my check in I didn't receive a gift bag with bottle water and as I was checking out I notice someone checking in and the received one just curious

Very clean and the bed was very comfortable!!!!!

We returned from a day out in the area on her first full day to find the room had absolutely nothing done by housekeeping. This was at 4:30 or so in the afternoon. Dirty, wet towels still on floor where we left them; trash not emptied; nothing done at all. We reported the issue and were told housekeeping had left for the day. Front desk did get us towels and got the trash as well. He told us that when he contacted the housekeeper, all she stated was that her key didn’t work. Obviously, she failed to report that fact or someone could have let her in the room. This was reported to the manager, but we never heard from her/him.

The front desk person on duty each day tried to help with housekeeping problem and kept apologizing.

It took about 5 minutes to get hot water to the shower and lav. sink.

The room was very clean and furnished with up-scale furniture. The bed was very comfortable.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The manager was awesome! She was very accommodating..I had just had surgery the day we checked in..it’s why my husband and I checked in. She was wonderful as I was in so much pain..my husband said she was great and it took a lot off of his mind how helpful the entire staff was! I will so be going back! Loved it!

The bed could have been a little more comfortable. Too close to the edge and it felt like it was going to give out. And the pillows were suuuuuper soft. But I'm an edge of the bed, firm pillow sleeper.

The room was very nice and clean. Lots of towels. Great aesthetics. Staff super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was hot and very good with several options! The breakfast area was clean and had great aesthetics as well. The view from the window was beautiful as the hotel is perched at the top of a hill overlooking the city. Convenient to everything you could need.

The bedroom was clean. The bathroom needed a lil more cleaning. Hair was in the bathtub

I liked the location. Close to shopping areas. The breakfast was good.

• King Suite with Kitchenette - Non smoking

Room service for the hangover ridden people, Lol

Awesome! The first time the online photos matched the room. It was beautiful! Love how clean and updated it was.

The shower curtain rod looked like someone hung from it & pulled it out of the wall. The shower didn't have much water pressure at all, so the wall shower head was more like a rainfall one and the temperature was lukewarm until it was scalding. I normally love hotels for the ability to take long, hot showers, but I jumped back out quickly here.

Very clean and pretty room. Hotel was convenient to several shopping malls and restaurants.

I can't think of a thing!

The hotel lobby was comfortable and really nice. It was a great place to get out of the room and read a book or work on your computer. The dining area was the same. It all had a very homey feel. The staff felt like good friends!

Housekeeping should not knock on the door at 8 to clean. Need do not disturb signs.

The bed was so comfortable. The hotel was quiet so I wax able to rest very well.

The eggs at breakfast were terrible definitely could do something different with the eggs.

The beds are extremely comfortable, Staff is super friendly, and breakfast was hot and fresh.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Hotel was very clean and very up to date. Daily house cleaning and fresh towels.

Even though property was outside of the downtown limits it was still in a good location to enjoy shopping and great food choices.

Pretty much everything but the location. We were moved 4 times due to problems with the rooms. Heater broke in 2 rooms and no hot water in 2 rms

The location was nice

Booked 2 rooms. Both rooms the heater kept falling apart. Was booked in a room that was suppose to be shut down for repairs. Was then moved into 2 other rooms. My one was ok till last day when toilet backed up. The other didn't have hot water. So we got moved again. After being moved 4 times u would think we would have been ok. NOPE! Again not hot water. The staff kept telling me that it was odd cconsidering it was only our rooms without hot water. Which made us feel stupid. Which we werent. The sinks at scolding hot water. But shower was cold. In both rooms. Through all this we had to make several trips to move into these other rms. Because they didn't have carts. Or couldn't locate them. For an entire day!!! The rooms Were very dusty. I was just all around not satisfied at all.

Location was nice

The toilet flooded as soon as we got there. I went to the desk and told them and they gave us keys to a new room. The keys didn't work. We waited in the hallway for almost an hour until they found another room. Understandably things happen sometimes but we should have been discounted and refunded some of our money since we didn't get into a room until after 11pm.

I book two rooms through booking.com. When we arrived the manager said there was only one room booked. Luckily he was able to change it to a suit to accommodate our group. Also, the smoke detector was chirping and the manager didn’t have time to fix it so my husband had to go buy a battery. Other than that, it was very nice.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The staff was very friendly and professional, and the room was extremely clean I will recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting the Alabama area wonderful experience

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

What I didn’t like about the room was the sofa bed that was inside the room had no bed linen on it. It also appeared to have some crumbs on it as well. This was an unattractive site to me and after a long tiring day, we still had to wait until some came to bring the linens and then we had to make the bed. Wasn’t a good customer service experience.

The property sits off of a very trafficky, busy road. Getting to and from the hotel was a bit tricky at certain point of the day.

Clean and in great repair. The hot breakfast was great and location was quiet. The cleaning staff was on top of everything! You're also close to just about every place to eat and a ton of shops!

the Gm was very nice but the other staff member that came in was not friendly at all. I had 10 more minutes to leave but he came knocking on my door to say check out is 12 . i understand thats their job but i think there is a nice way to say it or wait until we are actually late. Just the way he approach us and i still had 10 minutes

The shower in the bathroom had some pretty sucky water pressure. Also the shower curtain was dirty like someone got makeup or something on it. Other than that everything else was ok.

The room was spacious and the bed was super comfy. The staff was friendly and efficient when we needed anything.

The room service women stood outside our room a hour talking to her husband or whomever from 9am to 10am very loud. Then once that was over she decided to knock on our door and the neighbors so twice. Remind you it’s 10am checkout time is 11am. Why is she coming to clean a hour before checkout? You have already woke us up, from hearing you all loud voice through my room door all the way to the bed. I could hear everyword if I knew their language I could tell you everything that was said.

Runnnnnnn do not even pull into the parking lot! I have never been more disgusted in my life! When we pulled up to the hotel we had been on the road for 7 hours and were just looking to get some long needed rest! We booked online site unseen through booking.com. When we pulled in we could tell that we had been fooled. The photos online were nothing like the actual location I thought that Booking.com would be more accurate. A security guard standing out front was our first clue we were not in a place that we should be in! The man that checked us in was very nice. I decided that since the room was already paid for using points and a credit card which would be a big hassle to get back, that we would go and check out the room. After further inspection the sheets were clean and we could get a few hours of rest before heading out. We brought nothing in the room and slept on-top of the sheets in our clothes for a good 5 hours before we brushed our teeth (with bottled water too afraid to use the water) and ran out of there. The entire night the drug dealers were running rampant and the traffic in and out of the rooms was ridiculous. I feel like I was scammed however I am thankful that we made it out alive without getting robbed or getting bugs or having my car stolen. This place should be shut down!

The breakfast could've been better and more of a variety.. and cooked more thoroughly. The staff could've been nicer. Most didn't speak in passing or upon checking in.

The bed was comfy, the room/hotel was clean and quiet. The location was close to everything.

Well I only didn’t like that the waffle maker didn’t have enough spray on the waffle maker so the waffles were sticking to the pan.

I like the room it was very comfortable. It was also very clean.

The breakfast I mean it was good but I really don’t eat the things they have

The Bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and smelled really good and the bathroom was very cleaned

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There were some cleanliness issues with public spaces that could be attended better given that hotel is obviously either fairly new or recently renovated. There was a big trash bag lying in front of the elevators on the hallway in our floor in the evening when we checked in and it was still there the next morning. The gym floor was dirty as was the lift floor with some sticky patches on it. Also the lobby toilets had full trash bins and papers were falling onto the floor.

Room was spacious and clean, parking lot was open and felt safe. Breakfast area was clean. Hotel has a new feeibg to it.

The breakfast and housekeeping never came in my room for the 2 days i was in the hotel...

The bed bed was comfortable and you had a good bit of space...

The breakfast was served later on the weekends. We where traveling for a tournament so we had to leave before breakfast was done

The beds where comfortable. The room was clean.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The bathroom could have been cleaner. The wall area around the trash can was grossly dirty. Also the wheel chair shower was slick and not cleaned very well

We were looking for a lost hat in our room and the house staff member didn't have a friendly demeanor when asked about it.

Breakfast was wonderful but would have liked another meat option (non-pork).

Friendly staff, convenient location for our needs and great breakfasts.

This hotel was way beyond our expectations. We would certainly choose to stay there again.

Very surprised at how nice it was. I got a room for two nights with a king bed and it was a little under 200$. The room was very clean, very big with a desk and a couch. They also had breakfast which was nice. Staff was also very kind. I don't think I had any problems at all! Would definitely go again!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Booked a handicap accessible. The room only had a very small shower stool. Toilet was not handicap compliant. Just a low toilet that was extremely hard to rise from since I an unable to stand due to knee complications. Reported to management and was assured that ADA compliant rooms were going to be completed soon. Very disappointed since I had specified and booked the room to be handicap accessible and was not informed at check in.

Always Clean

We just came from the best western beach front hotel and on our way back home stopped at the best western in Birmingham. I was very disappointed! The hotel was very nice. We picked this hotel because we have children and the pool was closed... the front desk clerk said it was because of the huricaine.....but she wasn't sure....she couldn't give me directions. We got lost on the way there and I called and we got no help on how to get there. Not very friendly at this location. At breakfast, I had to wait in line on the workers to get there breakfast. Very disappointing. Birmingham should take some hospitality lessons from the ft walton location!!

Newly renovated

I really can't think of anything!

I always travel with my family so the hot breakfast was really nice and not just some doughnuts. The hotel and room was very clean.

Everything was great!

Everything, I would definitely stay again. Clean rooms, comfortable beds,very nice decor, great hot breakfast, and friendly staff.

My room door would not lock and the front desk was very rude to me when I complained. I had to call corporate to get rude front desk personnel to change my room. Very rude and unprofessional.

I think the breakfast could've been better, meat other than ham and maybe some muffins

Everything was fine,I have no complaints.It was very clean and quiet.

Loved everything!

The room was very nice and big, everything was clean,comfortable bedding,good,hot breakfast,and friendly staff! I actually stayed a second time because I had such a great experience the first time. They didn't disappoint the 2nd go-round either!!

I did not like that I waited for what seemed like 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk. As well as there were issues with the phone and internet.

The location of the property was easy to access off of 280 with plenty of restaurants and shopping options. Hotel was very clean and had great space within the the king size room. It was a similar set up to Hyatt Place and very clean.

Breakfast ended a bit earlier on a weekday which didn't suit us as leisure travellers but makes sense!

Nice spacious room with a sofa, hotel was modern and well presented and staff were very friendly.

Stayed for 2 days while i was in town for a surgical procedure, The room was huge and very comfortable and the staff was so nice, we would stay again!

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Let's start with the room. We were the first people to stay in the room after renovation. There was no closet rod to hang our clothes on. The Hospitality manager ran to Walmart and picked up two expansion shower rods for our hang up clothes. The sheets did not fit the bed. The first night, one of the maids worked really hard to fix this, but had to use three sheets to cover the mattress in a way that we wouldn't find ourselves lying on the mattress by morning. Now the breakfast. It was OK on the first morning, but the second morning was a total disaster! I had to be at a meeting, so I ate the only thing available (a bagel w/cream cheese) and I left my wife and daughter in the lobby still trying to get anything for breakfast. Breakfast was to be over at 9 AM, but when we arrived at 8:30, the woman keeping the breakfast bar supplied (who was playing the victim in a horrible plot to ruin her day) had already stopped putting anything else out. There was a crush of people standing around with totally bewildered looks on their faces, and their were a couple who appeared ready to lose their tempers, especially considering that some had hungry children that still needed food. We left at 11:30 on the night before we were planning to leave, choosing to drive through the night rather than to deal with the short sheets and gimpy breakfast.... This hotel could potentially be a great place to stay, but somebody has to realize that people choose to stay in a hotel many times because it is comfortable, convenient, and creates an enjoyable, stress-free "home-base" for the business they are handling. This particular stay, for us, was far from that.... Finally, our room keys kept going inactive. In a two night stay, we had to get our key cards re-activated about six times....

The bed was extremely comfortable, but had never been slept in. The room was a suite, large and roomy. For the price, it was a steal! The staff was very nice, with the exception of a couple of people...

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had an unhelpful encounter that was discussed with GM who responded well. I would like to be contacted by the GM regarding an unaddressed issue. TIA

There wEre a few staff that were nice. The GM was helpful and social. The pool was clean and the bed was comfy. Nice looking facility. The breakfast was included.. although it was not made from scratch it was freshly prepared and regularly refilled with enough of s variety for my picky eaters! The place was quiet and had laundry facilities(this should be complimentary) which was my favourite part!!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Booking.com really need to look into the hotel they have on their site the floor was dirty the sofa had some type of power on it when I call to the front desk they send house keeping back up she took the towel she wipe the sink with and wipe the sofa this is the last time I use booking.com I have to many problem with the cleaning of the hotel on this site I feel like your hotel is motel but I will never stay there again the windows was dirty

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Deluxe Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This place is going thru renovation and no name on outside of building construction equipment on site when we arrived I thought we were at the wrong place and had to call to verify I was at the right place !

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Within 15 of checking into the hotel, I checked out. The hotel was going through extensive construction and the hotel should of never been open until it was done. The rooms did not have numbers in which numbers were written on paper and tapped to the door. The room was not clean and the rooms needs extreme work. The hotel felt spooky because I was like the only guest in the hotel. It was so much construction going on that I had to walk in and ask was it even the hotel I booked.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

They were renovating their hotel. I wish they would have given that information before I booked my room. It was loud banging cleaning after hours. I didn't like that part.

Very clean and beds were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Hotel was being renovated and I was placed on the floor with a all male construction crew and felt very uncomfortable. They were very noisy throughout the night and I was forced to complain. I voiced my concerns and the staff advised they could not change my room

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

We killed a roach bug in the room it was crawling up the wall, The bath tub needs to be replaced. The bottom of the tub is very slippery.

The bed is very comfortable. We have had better stays at this hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

The smell was a little off and the toilet had a little problem flushing.

The staff was very nice and friendly. A great place to stay if you're on a budget!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Breakfast was subpar. There was no mention at time of booking of construction. Fitness room not available. Phone in room did not work so none of my wake up calls came through. Door did not shut on its own; needed to put a shoulder to it to get it to close due to frame or bad hinges.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

The facility looked at bit dated and was going through major renovations. I did not have a phone in my room and I needed my sheets changed.

The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel is under construction.. There were no numbers on the room doors n the carpet in the room was filthy.. The chair in the room was also stained

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly. Was under renovation but they made all efforts to offset the inconvenience. When there was no hair dryer in my room (it was recently renovated) it took less then 5 minutes for them to bring me one. Would recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Please put a television in the breakfast room. I realize the hotel is under renovation but think about this when it is finished.

The bed was soooo comfortable that I didn't want to leave!! Breakfast was good; like the hot sausage and waffles.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

When we booked our room we weren't made aware that there was EXTENSIVE remodeling being done!! Room was barely ok. Stained, dirty carpet gave the whole room a nasty feel. Hope it will be nice when finished. We were VERY disappointed in the facilities we got for the money we paid. Almost felt like they should have paid us to stay there! Hotel had a deserted spooky feel. Door numbers were written on a piece of tape on the doors. Wasn't a nice experience!! WOULD NOT recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! Upset that we were not informed about the conditions there and it was too late to cancel because we didn't know the MESS we were walking into!! Can you tell we're NOT happy? You guessed it! Quite a disappointment!

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We did not know that there was a remodel going on. If I could have changed my reservations when I walked into this property I would have. Pamela made up for a lot!

The staff was great! I really liked Pamela, she was very helpful with places to eat and things to do. You have a great front desk girl!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The hotel room smelled and was run down. The entire hotel was under major renovations and we should've been told. Noise was ridiculous. Construction was literally outside our room.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice if the crew of workers would have left a few more parking spaces for the guests.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Even though the property is under construction, they went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied and comfortable. The beds were even more comfortable than expected and the room always smelled fresh.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

You all in the process of remodeling and that was a little inconvenient my wife have breathing problems so smell of wet paint was hard on her.

The staff was great the room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Not enough entree choices. No coffee cup lids at breakfast. Signs everywhere stated hotel was under renovation, of course you could tell that. Big signs stated no noise from renovation till 11:00 A.M.-WRONG!! The workers woke me up at 8:30 A.M. after struggling to get some sleep due to an air conditioning unit that was so loud it keep me awake most of the night. It's not just my room the other person traveling with us also said her air conditioning unit keep her awake plus the workers woke her up around 8:00 A.M. The hotel needs to follow its policy that no renovation noise will start till 11 AM. The smell & dust was bad as I know it affected my asthma, but the workers were constantly cleaning up but this also stirred up dust! If I had known about this renovation I would not have booked this hotel!

It was not crowded, but I can understand why!

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

The room rug was old but they are undergoing a huge renovation for the next six months. The staff we dealt with were great. I would recommend lloyds bbq about a mile from the hotel. Very good down home food.

The breakfast was kept stocked and the eggs were scrambled, warm, and good. Plenty of bacon. The beds were comfortable and the room very sufficient.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

See note above

This is the second time I answered this one of the days room not done. Carpet in room was Disgusting needed to be ripped up and thrown out. Atlanta Georgia stay and hotel was much cleaner.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Eggs and sausage were cold Coffee was cold Coffee machine not working Mold around bath tub Bathroom Floor filthy Water turned off without notice Ice machine missing on floor Card keys did not work at time of arrival Card key again did not work on second day

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Older property, age is showing in peeling ceilings, some dingy walls, dirty shears in room, and old grout in bathroom. Housekeeping parked their big heavy cart right in front of our room for blocking it (WTH?)

Not a bad price. Friendly day clerk.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

It was a terrible experience, there were bugs coming out between the mattress and box springs, and I had already slept on that bed for two nights. It was the most horrible experience. My stress levels went up which triggered an asthma attack. The hotel compensation was to take 2 nights off of my 5 night stay. Ridiculous, corporate will be hearing from me!

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast wasn't available until after we had to get on the road, and there was no one at the front desk to check us out, so we weren't able to get a receipt

The facility was very nice

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

One of the days that we were there, one elevator was wet/dirty almost the whole day, perhaps due to construction.

The breakfast was good. The evening Front Desk attendant was very good and helpful! My kids enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was great but their were so many people that we left and ate breakfast out. The line was a mile long to make waffles!

The beds were so comfortable!!!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

We had to get on the road early and we left before breakfast was served.

We checked in then went to go eat then we slept😴. We were on a most comfortable bed. I forgot my hair dryer and they already had one.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

I honestly can't think of anything we didn't like.

This was our second stay at this hotel. Everything was great again. The mattress was so comfortable! My granddaughter really enjoys the breakfast buffet. The location is perfect for our stays in Birmingham. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Rooms could have been a little cleaner. We found small things in drawers and hairs on the bed.

Spacious rooms on both visits made being away from home more enjoyable. Breakfast was better than most hotel breakfasts I've had. The location was close to shopping and food.