Reviews of Wingate by Wyndham Schaumburg/Convention Center 3 stars

50 Remington Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173, USA

#14 of 29 hotels in Schaumburg

I’ve stayed at this hotel several times and would stay again in the future. Highly recommended.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

11am check-out is early for my preference. The breakfast buffet has a nice variety of options but I don’t eat sausage and I don’t think bacon is ever served there.

The rooms are very spacious and I like having a fridge and microwave in the room.

The room was close to the door and the shower had a nice big...
    • Deluxe King Suite

My wife had to clean out the tub because it looked dirty and the wall beside the tub had scuff marks and dirty marks. She already wasnt feeling well so having to clean what looked like dried blood drops on the side of the tub wasn't a good way to start a anniversary weekend. She said if she wanted to clean up after other ppl she could stay home and clean up after our disabled son.

The room was close to the door and the shower had a nice big shower head. My wife enjoyed the tub once she cleaned it like it should have been.

The loction
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

After a long road trip with kids i was ready to relax but couldnt the check in took way to long plus my credit card was over charged and funds i planned on using while on vaction was tied up untill my bank released the funds back to me on top of all that I was given the wrong room key the key she gave me was occupied so i had to tote kids and bags back to the lobbby and wait for room keys for another 30 min

The loction

breakfast: ordinary but plentiful and enough amount to serve...

thin wall: cold hear dragging and stomping sound from upper floor, but not so disturbing.

breakfast: ordinary but plentiful and enough amount to serve everyone there. free coffee in the lobby kind staffs in all shift spacious rooms 24 hrs front desk near to downtown of Chicago and premium outlet, Ohare airport

Location was great

The night shift manager was extremely racist and rude when we arrived. He escalated hostility that didn't even mildly fit the conversation. I asked about rates to the new gentleman working that night. I just wanted to to make sure booking.com rate was 10% off. It was, I was happy. The move who wears all black got off the phone being pleasant to whomever he was talking to and began shouting about the rates, etc. He wasn't even needed, new gut had it covered. He continued as my wife came from the car and wondered what was going on. We we're on our honeymoon. Got married on 8/18. We chose your hotel. We will never stay again. Worst ecoerience5 I've ever had.

Location was great

A perfect place to stay.

I did not realize at checkin or checkout that a $$20.00 per night deposit was charged. When I called next day they said it would be credited within 5-7 busness days. In the meantime, I am paying interest on it.

The staff went over and above for anything we wanted or needed. Rooms were very comfortable.

Very comfortable room, very helpful staff, loved it!

Just one suggestion: perhaps consider making a few more low-carb options part of the huge breakfast buffet. The eggs and sausage always on offer were good, but veggies or cheese could be added, maybe plain or sugarfree yogurt, sugarfree syrup, V8 or tomato juice, real cream or half and half for the coffee.

Staff were very helpful and responsive to all questions and requests! They went out of their way to make sure everything was comfortable for us, as well as accommodating a late checkout request and help with transportation to the airport. The guest laundry facilities were open 24/7 (2 washers and 2 dryers) and were clean and working properly (not always the case everywhere). Super comfortable beds! Very happy with this hotel and I will recommend it highly!

Nice hotel-terrible food!

The bar restaurant food was BEYOND terrible! Pizza was burned on top and the crust was not cooked and the wings were under cooked. Apparently, the broiler function works in the kitchen! Chicken sandwich was disgusting a slice of yellow American cheese and a half of an onion on top. And all of the food was cold! After a bite or two we cut our losses and headed to the Renaissance Hotel restaurant for food. We threw money away on that meal! Not to mention, they advertise Room service-but we had to go down and pick it up. It was grouped and sitting on a cart while the “chef” was chatting with his buddies at the front desk. No napkins in the bag or condiments. Just close down the restaurant! It is a downer for the hotel!

The rooms were clean and comfortable.

Very close to O’Hare Airport.

Very close to O’Hare Airport. Super friendly staff! Good sized rooms, very clean! Nice area with lots to do such as shopping mall, Lego Land, playground for kids... We would definately stay there again!

The night manager that was on duty when we arrive was...

The night manager that was on duty when we arrive was amazing! We had a small encounter with another hotel guest and Patrick stepped right in and handled the situation! Lovely staff....lovely lovely bed/room!!!

Chappy's 4

nothing - all was excellent!

bathroom was spotless everywhere. room was extremely clean and bed was very comfortable. the staff was exceptional - responded well and actually cared about our stay! housekeeping did an excellent job! room was always ready to go and restocked with amenities, etc. we stayed 4 nights.

It meet our needs. Close to where we had to be the next day.

The rooms aren't very sound proof. Heard the person the floor above us walking all the time and also heard a baby crying.

It was kept up really good. Food was good. Rooms were clean.

Not the best stay...

The floors in the bathroom was very dirty. The carpets in the halls was in poor condition. There was an overall uncleanliness about the place. The bedding sheets was ill-fitting, the fitted sheet did not fit at all and was always off by morning. The mattresses were too soft causing my husband’s back and neck to ache. I was never told upon check-in that an extra $20 per day would be taken off my credit card for ‘incidentals’ and ‘security deposit’ just in case something happened to the room during our stay. The counter clerk said it would be returned after the stay. All in all, my stay was barely decent, and not worth a repeat stay.

The hotel is in a good location. After that my stay was downhill

Live and Learn

Unclean hallway, too noisy, kids running up and down the hallway late at night.

Room was clean,close to all the attractions I went to over the weekend.

I just love the front staff.

I just love the front staff. We had some craziness when we arrived and during our stay, no fault of hotel. The staff took time to listen and help us resolve issues so we could enjoy our stay.

Staff was friendly and they did have a nice hot breakfast

Check in was smooth but when we got to the room the air conditioner wouldn't work there was food in the chair and blood on the sheets. There was another adult and 3 kids with me and by the time 1 showered the tub was full and wouldn't drain.

Staff was friendly and they did have a nice hot breakfast

Well located near good shopping area.

The breakfast need an option of hot milk. If you need to go downtown expect to spend 1-1,5 hr on traffic.

The clerks are very kind; the rooms are clean and with a superb good smell.

Great location, breakfast and the staff were very friendly...

I thought we weren't going to be happy that it didn't have a pook but we were out and about so much that it wasn't an issue.

Great location, breakfast and the staff were very friendly and helpful!

Comfortable queen beds.... our backs were happy.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

the bed was very comfortable my husband and I slept great in our bed and my friend even slept great in hers. Breakfast was great lots of options and the pancake maker was really neat and tasted very good.

It was fine, but definitely could be better.

Peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, the spot by the shower that was peeling had black mold behind it. Didn't care for the shower head/settings. The floor above us was very loud, and Everytime someone got off the bed or walked across the room we could hear it clearly. Loud creaking floors.

Very nice!!!! Will definitely stay here again.

Everything was perfect. Nothing to complain about.

I loved that the hotel was very close to the event we were attending and the front desk agent was very helpful and gave us good direction and maps to help us see the city. We are from out of Towner's and never been to Schaumburg before and a whole lot nervous about being in a new city but she really made us feel welcome .

I really like how the rooms are quite large for the price...

I really like how the rooms are quite large for the price (compared to other hotels in the area) and free breakfast! I also like that the rooms have a fridge and microwave, and a couch and coffee table for extra seating/item placement. This property is also very accommodating of my requests when booking.

My stay at Wingate was amazing, restful, and worth getting away from the city (chicago).

Wi-Fi adaptor to laptop was busted and was reported to when the poor front desk called to see if there anything wrong. Tissue in bathroom ran dry, not hotel fault (not sure if they check).

Room was excellent, comfy, warm (check the heat if you do not want to be toasty), breakfast had the normal varieties you expect. Quiet outside the room, (did not hear ice machine which was outside my door!), plenty of room, elevators great and did not have to wait long.

There for anniversary party for relative at chambers golf course and restaurants shuttle good
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Need to update bathrooms and pillows and acoustics

Front desk person very nice I also liked that they had tea bags for us tea drinkers other hotels don’t have that in the rooms

The staff was so welcoming yet understanding, especially i...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Room phones not easy going but that is the only complaint

The staff was so welcoming yet understanding, especially i think it was maria. Totally made it feel like home away from home, she should be management to be honest!

Location was good and the rooms were nice and spacious
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The weather, I had to smoke outside and it was freezing. Needs a covered area outside so people can smoke, although it’s a bad habit.

The B/Fast Spread

It was too short for my likings but look forward to trying it again.

I like the rooms set ups and it was very clean. They had a cool bar down stairs I did not get to check and a room that offers a shower and bathroom outside which I would like to try.

Not a pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Heat didn't work properly when we weren't freezing we were sweating like pigs. Terrible experience noise in hallways and room above us, just a very bad expierence.

Rooms were clean.

overall, we would definitely stay at this location again when traveling to Chicago suburbs.

My son and I thought the breakfast option was good overall, but didn't like the egg patties. They had a strange watery texture.

We were surprised how comfortable the beds were and how spacious the room was. The corner chair and ottoman was also a great place to put your feet up and was a nice addition.

Great place to stay and very affordable.

I don't think that I've stayed in a hotel where there was not hair left in the bathroom (in the shower, in the sink, on the floor). What gives. Fortunately, we went to Jewel and bought some Clorox Clean Up. They also ran out of cookies at the front desk. Bummer.

King sized room was smaller than expected but comfortable. Our flight arrived early and we were able to check in early, which was awesome. Breakfast selections were great and plentiful.

The stay was over ok but could have been better.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was way to soft. The walls are thin because we heard noise all around us even from neighbors above us. Our closet door which was located right behind the entrance door would not shut so it kept swinging open. Also our entrance door lock kept sticking. The shower head was pretty old too.

The location was good and the staff were really nice!

Happy but misrepresented

Pictures on line presented nice restaurant, in reality there were only a few tables and it was closed because it was Sunday.

Friendly, accommodating staff.

Will come again
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the housekeeper for the 3rd floor was ignoring me.all she kept saying is i dont speak English.all i needed was a extra towel.

Breakfast was good.staff was great

Comfortable, great location and clean!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The breakfast attendant could be a little more attentive. The eggs were still frozen in the middle both days that we stayed there...

Great location, nice clean and comfortable rooms.

Very satified

A little hectic at check in. Two employees having a discussions and not acknowledging me and another customer

Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was good.

It was a nice hotel just wished my request on our Anniversary would have been honoured

It was our Anniversary and I asked for some chocolate covered strawberries and Champagne and I also said I would pay for it when we arrived and the hotel wouldn't comply with my request on our Anniversary day at your hotel

The fresh waffles and sausages

The Perfect Place for an Overnight Stay!

The only complaint we had is that the smoke detector made a chirping sound every so often. The staff apologized and promised to address the issue.

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel. The rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfy. The staff was excellent and very polite.

Would NEVER book at Wingate again and would NEVER recommend it.

Dust in vents and on ceiling. Breakfast was disgusting. Noisy. Had to request another room and general manager on afternoon shift on 9/9/17 was rude. He stated, "I normally don't change rooms this late in the day cause even if I wanted to, I can't rent out your current room since it's too late in the day to clean." A customer should NEVER be told that. Poor customer service from him.

Not a lot other than beds were comfy.

Great location and very comfortable

Nothing - no complaints.

The location was very close to the attractions we wete planning on visiting. I also likef the large size of the guest rooms amd the beds were very comfortable.

The picture shown when I order misleads me, and the room...

The picture shown when I order misleads me, and the room description is wrong. It states it can accommodate 5 persons, which determine my decision of the ordering. But when I entered the room, it has only 2 queen beds and a sofa that can NOT be extended to a bed. So it can only hold max of 4 persons. We have to deal with the "Surprise" within my family internally!

The variety of breakfast could have been better but it was...

Breakfast could have been better and a new toilet seat.

The variety of breakfast could have been better but it was good. The room was a very nice sizes and the beds we comfortable. The only is the toilet seat was cracked so every time I sat on it, it pinch me. Other then those things it was a nice stay.

Just average

Price was just OK

Breakfast was just plastic processed rubbish Front desk staff had no idea of getting guest around the area total reliance on John the shuttle man who was very helpful The bar was overpriced and during my 8 day stay was vacant The housekeeping did not do a daily total clean the little things were missed and obviously there was little quality control

Great Location. Overworked Staff. Dirty Room.

The room was dirty. The staff overworked with only one staff on hand visibly on weekend evening and morning shifts we saw. And, the 'free' breakfast was rubbery eggs and stale cereal. The make your own waffles was even stale. Really disappointing for a Wyndom.

Location is easy to get to from highway.

Great stay nice room

No pool, I booked it with the misconception they had a pool. But their is a indoor water park near by.

Very friendly staff, good selection of breakfast my boys loved the walfal station. Really close to Lego discovery and the game works!!

The room size was good and clean.

The breakfast was awful. The eggs were cold, the doughnut were hard and we had to warm them to even eat them. Not enough hit breakfast items. The rooms are not very quiet. We heard everything in the hallway. So when the drunk people stumbled to bed at 1am everyone in the room was awakened.

The room size was good and clean. Safe area. Free continental breakfast. Near the business district but far enough off the main road.

Fit the bill for our 1-night stay.

My husband and I spent one night at the WINGATE SCHAUMBURG enroute to our our final vacation destination. The hotel was clean, the room large and comfortable and the included breakfast was ample. The setting was in a corporate business park with a number of nearby restaurants. We would definitely stay there again.

No Thanks
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room carpet was very ugly, the bathroom was old. I wouldn't use the toilet seat in a out house. It was warn and cracked and it was not a nice bathroom.

It was close to Woodfield area

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The hotel was very nice and clean.

The hotel was very nice and clean. Great staff that I interacted with. Decent breakfast. It was also very close to the mall and the nature reserve which was great.

A great value for money with cleanliness and service as a clear priority.

Bathtub faucet was leaking, and one of the elevator's was down and someone had lit a cigarette in there during the night. The paint job on some of the rooms was a little sketchy.

Room was very clean, staff were friendly, and always ready to help. Breakfast was prompt, and it was clear that this was a very popular destination, with many options available. Business centre was very well equipped, as was the gym.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Eh.
    • Deluxe King Suite

King suite was right next to the HVAC room. All we heard all night was water running and pipes knocking. Carpet was coming up off the floor. Stains on furniture. Breakfast was not so good, not much selection.

Whirlpool tub was nice. Staff was friendly.

The room wasn't soundproof

The staff is very nice

The room wasn't soundproof

Breakfast could be better

Breakfast could be better

It was nice, close to stores, all kinds of restaurants and main roads for travelers.

There was only one night stand by the bed.

Had a bar on the main level, nothing fancy, but nice.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Comfortable beds.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Small bathroom. Same bkfast.

Comfortable beds. Quiet area. Nice coffee.

Cost effectiveness

Thin wall and floor

Spaciou room

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very excellent accommodations

Very excellent accommodation

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great place to stay, convenient location, very affordable.

Beds were comfy but pillows a little too soft for me. Just a preference though.

Great value for money. Free breakfast and clean facility!

Was comfortable.

Couldn't find a channel guide for the TV. But we did find the channels we were looking for.

Was comfortable.

location, clean room.

Small bathroom

location, clean room.

Adjacent to a lot of stuff

Adjacent to a lot of stuff

Had hard time opening door to room every time.

Weekend Trip
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Very clean and quiet and close to the airport.

After changing room (200 to 209) everything was great.

Damaged floor directly in front of door. Very unsafe.

The amount of room, the cleanliness and the breakfast.

I liked everything

The amount of room, the cleanliness and the breakfast.

Great breakfast
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Some areas need to be fixed- stains on chair, holes in wall in hallway

Great breakfast

Great hotel for the price 😀

Great hotel for the price 😀

Very comfortable beds.

Nothing. It was a great property

Very comfortable beds. Staff went above & beyond.

Clean rooms, nice staff, value for money

Clean rooms, nice staff, value for money Will recommend it to friends

It was just ok

The breakfast staff

Very Good , And staf was very accomadating.

Location of T V

Breakfast was very good.

Adequate facility close to our trade show location.

Adequate facility close to our trade show location. Good breakfast.

Won't stay again

Pillows were terrible

I traveled with children and I had to keep them quite...

I traveled with children and I had to keep them quite because you could hear them running and laughing. I could hear the people above me walking

Good place to stay and enjoy

It's very clean and quite

The staff was nice and friendly