Reviews of Wingate By Wyndham-Tampa USF/Busch Gardens 2.5 stars

3751 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612, USA

#77 of 120 hotels in Tampa

The housekeeping lady.
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

the jacuzzy was close all the time. Thr guy at the front desk was kind of rude. The guy who drives to the parks was super helpful. He was the one who make us feel welcome when we arrived.

The housekeeping lady.

Great location for USF, interior has seen better days.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is older and could use a refresh. Musty smell, dated furniture, and stains on the headboards.

Location is very convenient to University of South Florida.

We were forced out for no reason after we paid our last.

We were forced out for no reason after we paid our last. We're currently homeless and we explained that we had nowhere else to go. No explanation for the reason why they asked us to leave.

I enjoyed being near Busch Gardens and the convenience of the stores on the strip.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi was off a couple of days. The pool had a lot of bugs in it one day. I went to the fitness center and the treadmill was broken! The overall room bedding and carpets need upgrading, not like your picture! Carpets look dingy. Needs a fresher look.

Staff was very helpful, breakfast was good. The hotel van service was excellent!

Disappointed guest

I reserved 2 rooms. I indicated i would check in late. 6/7 pm. Upon checkin theu haf given 1 of my room away. I had a party of 6 grom Georgia. We were highly disapointed and greatly inconvenienced.

Nice room it eas very comfortable and clean.

Will definitely stay again

Not that it's a big issue, but wish that I had a guide for the channels

The peace and quiet of the building and the respect from the other guest in the hotel

The air conditioner and the location
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

Bathroom wasn’t cleaned properly. Hair in the shower and on the floor. The shower water was slow going down so when you showered the water was settled around yours ankles

The air conditioner and the location

The bed was comfortable and clean.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Nothing worked: all vending machines out of service, TV channels didn't work properly, no movies for rental

The bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom was large

Grad vaca

Can't think of anything

The entire staff was excellent. They were very knowledgeable about the area, theme park and facilities. Check in and every time we approached the front desk were a refreshing treat because of the kind courteous and delightful staff. We loved the interactions we had wirh them. Rooms were spacious, clean and beds comfortable. The shuttle was a surprised treat as we were dropped off at the gates and picked up promptly when we called. We enjoyed our stay above ant recent vacations. We even left a treasured pillow and upon return hours later the staff knew what we were looking for and walked down 4 flights of stairs to bring it to us. Great job everyone, we will be back.

Value good
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room was missing pillows and the remote didn’t work.... next day missing washcloths. That is an attention to detail from housekeeping.

Convenient for our trip. The young gentleman at the front desk was very helpful and took care of our complaints immediately.

Will not stay again.
    • Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room and lobby smelled dirty and musty. Arm rest on second floor common area was dirty. I had to leave.

The gentleman at the welcome desk was very polite and helpful.

Loved the Pancake maker at breakfast - I need one of those...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The towels and washcloths were thin, and they didn't give us enough - 2 people staying in the room, and they gave us one washcloth. Also only gave us 2 the second night so we had to reuse if we took a shower at night, and they forgot a bathmat to step out on the last day. Pillows were plentiful but all hard, instead of varying degrees of firmness. Couldn't get on the internet, but didn't have a chance to call anyone about it. Not a big deal as this trip was supposed to be about visiting family in the area.

Loved the Pancake maker at breakfast - I need one of those lol. The staff was very helpful and friendly. In particular, Belle was wonderful when I checked in. Had a lot of patience as I was trying to help my mother at the same time, and was just very personable and sweet. Kadesia (sp?) and Brittany were also very nice and helpful when I went down to ask for extra washclothes and to ask to speak to a manager about how nice Belle was. The housekeeping staff was also friendly. Friendliness makes us for a multitude of small issues!! That is one of the most important things to me.

Good except for the TV.
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

The TV didn't get ABC or FOX NEWS. Front desk said the cable company was notified of the issue. The next day it still was not fixed. I have a feeling that it's been out for a while, and this was just a canned answer to the question.

Overall good.

Business center smelled really strongly like body odor. Room definitely could have been updated with newer fresh furniture... a little old and dingy (couches and desk chair). Lady who cleans breakfast area was a little rude.

Breakfast was great; good selections. Very impressed. Hotel staff were very professional and friendly.

This is a great hotel that works out great when we visit Busch Gardens.

Hotel is on a pretty busy road. Hard to get around at times with the amount of traffic in this area.

Comfortable bed, large room with sofa. Breakfast was great. Loved the pool and hot tub. Free shuttle service to Busch Gardens is awesome. Friendly staff and one of the safer hotels to stay in that part of Tampa. Nice smoking area out back. Internet worked pretty good too.

Close to the event we were attending.

They gave me a room that was already taken. When we opened the door all the peoples belonging were in there. Room service left room door open and remained open all day until we got back late in the evening. Wet floor in front of elevator our entire stay. Not very clean. Wouldn’t stay here again very over priced for what it is.

Close to the event we were attending. Breakfast was good

We will be back for sure!

Needs a Bigger bath tub. Felt too small.

The deals to Busch gardens and the shuttle service is absolutely fantastic. They even let you check out and will still shuttle you to and from the hotel. No issues.

very enjoyable and excellent staffing.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

we went for the close distance from busch gardens. with the daily shuttle and the nice hot tub and fitness center.you have a nice winner for good accomadations.then to top it off a nice breakfast to boot.!!

The staff were friendly and professional. Other then that I can not say I enjoyed my stay there.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It got loud during morning hours from staff. Doors will slam and it was difficult to sleep in espeacially from the sound of the cleaning cart being pushed on tile. The neighbors I had were also really loud and unpleasant. I know that is something you cannot control. I also had back pain from the beds. The cleaning staff was pleasant but they should take into consideration that some are not checking oit that day and like it quiet in the morning. I know it was the staff because I would hear a knock on the doors and housekeeping announce their presence. I also had problems getting into my room and into the building. The cards stopped working serveral times during my stay. Requiring multiple replacements which was frustrating.

The pool and hot tub was nicely kept and clean.

Arrived at 2:15 waited 10 mins on line to be told that i couldn't check in yet was never overed by staff to use the facilities so i left and came later in the day.

A little overpriced for the quality of rooms.

I had a huge red stain on the floor by my bed, and I don't even want to guess what it was from. I didn't have enough towels stocked. My toilet wouldn't flush until i pressed the button ten times. The shower filled up like bath water when I showered.

Nice breakfast; Jacuzzi was hot (a lot of Florida hotels don't heat their jacuzzis); staff was friendly and helped me with issues. Overall, good experience.

Gross and Uncomfortable

The staff was very nonchalant and the hotel was very unclean. There were bugs and there were multiple incidents of seeing them, the room and the breakfast bar. It was very disgusting and I am ashamed to have had two rooms here for people from out of town.

It was located somewhat near the venue of the trip.

I honestly would not stay here again..

It is an old hotel, our bathroom was very clean but needs an update and the rug makes the room look and feel filthy.. There was nonstop chaos from another room on our floor that made it impossible to sleep, they kept screaming, running down the hall and slamming their room door, all this even after we complained.

Our bathroom was very clean

It was a wonderful stay

There is nothing

Everything was great. Expect that breakfast should have been better maybe they can start making turkey bacon turkey sausage some people don't eat pork.

Great location, very nice staff.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Room was missing furniture- was a king room with sitting area. The couch was missing and small coffee table was just pushed against the wall. There was some cracking on the ceiling and a very obvious whole around the fire detector on the ceiling as well. The mattress on the bed was uncomfortable.

Great location, very nice staff.

Location, breakfast

Called guest service because I couldn't order a movie I wanted to watch and someone was supposed to come help but no one came, had 2 change my keys twice because it was not working.

Location, breakfast

Good time overall!

Shuttle service left us for 40 mins after having to call twice. Walls and Floors are very thin could hear everything.

Convenient location. Loved the hot tub. Bed was comfy.

Great stay; I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

The Jacuzzi wasn't available!

The staff was courteous; the room was nice. We had trouble with the television not turning on and the front desk responded immediately by sending the maintenance man. The breakfast was good.

Awesome time , will be back again .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was awesome. Shuttle was great to and from Busch Gardens. Breakfast was great, Very affordable and clean. Would recommend this hotel every time.

Breakfast was awesome as well as the entire morning staff...

Breakfast was awesome as well as the entire morning staff (receptionist, breakfast host and housekeeping)so friendly and welcoming felt like home. Room was very clean. This facility is underrated!

It was adequate for me.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I made my reservations on line, and after filling in my name, address, etc and my cc information, it asked if there was anyone else staying. My daughter lives in Tampa, and thought she might stay with me one night. I gave her name and then it asked for guest's name. I filled in her name...mistake! I was shocked when I tried to check around 9 and they didn't have my reservation, turned out the reservation was in her name, leading to a lot of aggravation until I could find my confirmation number.

The staff - particularly Megan (? - on duty 3/13/18). She went above and beyond! She assisted me with printing my flight boarding pass. She also personally brought me a king size pillow when I asked her if it was possible to get a regular size pillow.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay.

I t would have been nice to have an ice machine on my floor versus having to make trips to another floor.

The staff was phenomenal. They truly went above and beyond to ensure that I had a pleasant stay and wonderful, but memorable experience. I like to say thanks to Ericia, Kadisha and Meghan for making me feel right at home!

Breakfast starts at 6, and not a minute earlier!
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

Me and my friends tried to grab the complimentary breakfast in the morning one day. Got there at 5:50am. Tried to grab some muffins on our way out, but one of the employees (with purple hair) actually stood guard in front of the muffins, and would not let us take any. “NO, BREAKFAST STARTS AT 6”. She was extremely serious about the breakfast start time. We were in a rush so we left without breakfast. Unbelievable.

It’s clean, and the location is convenient to dining and Busch Gardens.

Breakfast was fabulous, and included in the room rate.
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Hot tub was to chlorinated and was burning our eyes. So we weren't able to get much use out of it.

Breakfast was fabulous, and included in the room rate. Comfy bed and pillows. 24 hour pool and jacuzzi hours for registered guests.

Family break

Advertised a shuttle bus to the parks but only two a day and first one left at 11.30am - too late! We got an Uber instead

It was ok, nothing flash but for the price fine. The staff were ok, coffee available all day.

Fit our needs for the night.

Light bulbs burned out in room.

Only on a one night stop but breakfast was great. The young lady who checked us in was a huge asset for you! Smiles, friendly, and VERY helpful.

Overall its a nice hotel. Reasonably priced & great location. We would stay again.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Breakfast was sub-par. Pillows were feathered.. Not what we prefer. Sofa bed had not been cleaned & when we opened it...Cheerios fell out.

Loved the jacuzzi tub in our room! Close to busch gardens.

Served the purpose for a short stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To much noice from upper floor occupants, children running and screaming. I understand that children are children but at 4:00am, they should be in bed not running around in the room. Recommend, attempt to accommodate families with smaller children on first floor.

Proximity to Busch Garden (BG), breakfast buffet, free parking and shuttle service to and from BG.

Friendly staff overall but please change coffee!!!!

COFFEE was awful!!!! Undrinkable. Breakfast hostess followed me around critiquing my every move. If you had coffee I could drink, maybe I could function and follow all the "rules".

Clean and quiet. Staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. Good variety at breakfast: waffles and chocolate muffins!!

Overall, the stay was enjoyable and our concerns were addressed by management.

The shower curtain was a bit of an annoyance, being that it didn't stick well to the tub, so it flew up and stuck to you while taking a shower. A couple essentials were missing, like bath floor mat and no face towels. The room had a strange smell upon entering.

The breakfast was great, real eggs! They always had coffee and went out of their way to find hot chocolate for kids. Front desk (Kellen) took complaints about noisy neighbors seriously and they were also very accommodating as far as putting us in an acceptable room.

close to bush gardens but not worth the money

The front desk guy was working the entire time I was there, for two days. He was the only one answering phones, delivering sheets and checking people in. There was literally no one there, ever at any time other than this one guy, and he was quite young and not very knowledgeable about what he was doing. The breakfast lady was a snob and quite rude. I also wasn't happy with the room, it needs to be updated. The tv was small and old, the bed uncomfortable, the sheets weren't warm (we stayed here in january) and the bedding isn't soft and comfortable, and there are no USB to be found in the room. I have Stayed at a lot of places for 100bucks that were way nicer.

breakfast included, close to bush gardens and they had a nice jacuzzi

I would definitely stay there again!

I didn't have a problem since I have a service animal. But they don't allow pets, and the 2 hotels on each side of them do allow pets.

The room was spotless!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Nothing! I have no complaints at all!

Everything! Good breakfast, friendly staff and very comfortable bed with the most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on! All this at an excellent price!!!

Comfortable stay, nice 24 hour indoor hot tub, and only hotel with shuttle to close by Busch gardens

Sofa bed was uncomfortable. There was no toilet paper in the room upon check in. The breakfast was good, but could have included some pastries, and muffins. Hotel was nice, but outdated.

Kingsize bed was comfy. Breakfast was good. Loved that the hot tub was inside and open 24-7. Good stay. Comfortable, and close to Busch gardens.

Too noisy on hall ways as of 5am in the morning also car...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too noisy on hall ways as of 5am in the morning also car alarms. Ground floor rooms horrible and TV channels not all working. Beds too small just no comfort for the price!

EXCELLENT! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

The bed was comfortable at first but I tossed and turned all night. And my back hurt the next morning but it's hard for me to find a bed that doesn't hurt my back.

Very clean and nice rooms. Staff was friendly. The price was great. And it has the most comfortable pillows I've ever slept on!! Highly recommend!

A budget-friendly hotel (for Tampa) that could be a bit better, even at the price you're paying.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The facilities are a bit outdated. My bed was okay, but it was definitely a worn. Overall place could do with a bit of updating. For breakfast, I had to use styrofoam and plastic for dining and that just isn't necessary.

The staff was very friendly and everything was pretty clean. Great for a short stay, especially for proximity to the university.

Best Birthday Party Ever!!🎁

I had absolutely no dislikes!!!

The staff where exceptional! Extremely helpful and courteous! Everything was very clean. The rooms where large very well maintain. The area was very closely monitored so that nothing ran out! The breakfast was Good and Fresh. There was a young lady their name Tonia I didn't get her position, but she was simply awesome. Anything you needed or you wanted she was there johnny-on-the-spot!!

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds needed memory foam. I was on the first floor and it was nosie with workers.

Was ok! Could have had some breakfast pastries! Was the same as most hotels!

Hotel was good value for money, staff very helpful

Wish hotels would provide proper sliver ware and crockery , took my own mugs ! .

Convenient for Busch gardens and the hotel shuttle took you and picked up. Good selection of restaurants near by. Breakfast was quite good

Hotel was very clean and modern.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Bed arrangements could have been spelled out better when booking. We wanted a 3 person room and got a King bed and a pull-out couch. Not what we expected but it worked for us fine.

Hotel was very clean and modern.

Although certain things are not perfect I enjoyed my stay
    • Deluxe King Suite

The pull out bed was broken in our suite and the front desk did bring us a roll out bed bed never sent anyone to fix it so it was stuck pulled out in broken mode the whole time and also the hskper never supplied toilet paper or cleaned our bathroom while we were there .Also was upset the hot tub was broken when stayed there as well

The location was great right down the street from Busch Gardens and loved the bathtub .

Nice hotel with good location.

So far so good

Good location, quiet and clean. I didn't used the jacuzzi but it is awesome cause it is inside and you can used it at night or even if the weather is cold.

Really enjoyed our stsy. Will stay there again.
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

The only problem we had was the pillows. Too soft. We had four pillows on each bed but all of them were to soft. You need two soft and two firm.

I really enjoyed the staff. Very helpful. Place was very clean and quite.

Fairly cheap and lots of space but lots of details not done well
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Bathroom had leftover soap chunks in the tray so unsure what all had actually been cleaned. Tv remote was almost unusable as channel and volume selection barely responded. Booked a single king and got a double queen. Only stayed a single night otherwise we would have asked for something different

Price was super cheap

Breakfast & shuttle to Busch Gardens Tampa
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Told booking.com that we needed a room with two beds. All that was available was a king bed suite. The clerk at the desk said that it happens often with booking.com reservations.

Breakfast & shuttle to Busch Gardens Tampa

Had a very satisfying rest after getting loaded and freaked out at Howloscream.

Jacuzzi was over chlorinated. The smoking area outside is in the sun!!!!! NO BACON FOR BREAKFAST!!!!

Nice and quiet even though it was fully booked for Howloscream. Overall an excellent hotel. Staff was friendly. Pool was nice and clean and the indoor jacuzzi was clean. The room was clean and featured a tv, mini fridge, safe, nice bathroom...etc. The breakfast in the morning was pretty good sausage, eggs, waffles, toast, ceareal, milk...etc. I had a great stay and would stay here again.

The first night was relaxing...
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that I traveled there with a child in a wheelchair (mentioned that upon booking) and we were given a 2nd floor room that was invested with sugar ants. Also, the fire alarm went off twice during one of the days we stayed there which meant I had to pick my 17 year old boy up out of the chair and attempt to rush down the stairs (can't use elevator during fire or drill). The sudden movement of the rush caused a 45 minute seizure. So, the lady that works the afternoon gladly moved us downstairs to another room. However, that room had fleas in the bed. When I spoke to the lady at the desk that works the morning/mid afternoon there was no discount offered, in fact, she even tried to tell me that I overstayed my booking.

It was close to my school and Busch Gardens and the morning breakfast was delicious and the lady that works the breakfast was amazing. The lady that works the night shift most nights was fantastic as well.

Most of the staff are moody,are room have a dust and as soon...
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

Most of the staff are moody,are room have a dust and as soon we get to the room we check out the beds and it have a hair on it.. are room has a mildew the ac is dirty it have a biscuit it was not clean at all

Never again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room smelled funny , musty bathroom was old and worn , door was warped and every time you sat on toilet it moved. When you laid in bed your body drifted to the middle because the bed was saggy.

Very nice stay at a good price.
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

The only down side was that the webiste says that check in is at 3 we were not able to check in at that time. The room was not ready so we were told to come back in about 30 min. When we returned the room was still not ready. So the front desk staff went to find out what was going on. We finally checked closer to 4.

The staff was very friendly and everything was very clean. The property was well lit at night and we were able to find parking close to the building. We stayed after spending the night at Busch Gardens Hall-o-Scream. The hotel is located right down the street. There were many restaurant choices close by and the hotel looked to offer transportation to Busch Gardens.

Horrible
    • Deluxe King Suite

That I made reservations and they didn't have a room once I got there so I had to wait 2 hours for them to stick me in another room that I did not have reservations for it wasn't a sweet it had no jacuzzi and me and my family did not fit

The location to Busch Gardens and restaurants was great.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The only negative was the hair dryer. Not good. Had to hold down button the whole time. I would suggest they upgrade that.

The location to Busch Gardens and restaurants was great. Shuttle was very accommodating. Breakfast was good. Overall a good experience.

If you want a good night sleep, DON'T go there!

It was the WORST bed and pillows I have EVER had in any hotel. I could not sleep at all and by 4:30 am, I got ready and left for home to try to get some sleep!

Thanks!
    • Deluxe Business King Room with Two King Beds- Non-Smoking

Maybe a little light music in the lobby couldn't hurt. It smells like chlorine when you first enter, so that, mixed with silence is a little unwelcoming.

Friendly staff, clean rooms. Beautiful lobby. Clean!

Room was clean and quiet, close to USF.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The price quoted and booked with booking.com was lower than the actual price I had to pay. They didn't honor the booking quote. No towels available at the pool.

Room was clean and quiet, close to USF.

It was nice stay. Will be back if ever in this area again.

In bathroom water was leaking from exhaust fan opening. Got to know that it was because tub was overflowing in above apartment. But later they got control of it as soon as I called service desk.

Cleanliness, breakfast and safe for family.

The location is excellent if you have a student at USF

The room smelled awful, combination of musty mold and dirty laundry. There was hair between the shower liner and the tub, made you question as to if they changed the shower curtain. The furniture and carpet could use some updating.

Excellent location close to USF. The Lobby was nice. Ok for a night.

The location to Busch Gardens.

We didn't get the quadruple king rooms we booked! We were told that these rooms had never been booked by Booking.com who just take whatever availability there is regardless of what the customer is booking. We ended up with 1xking double and 1xquad queen room...although we were charged at the rate we booked! The double room smelt musty and damp and the quad queen had a tiny bathroom! Breakfast was limited and the cooked food looked very questionable which I avoided. Unfortunately two of our party didn't and had the scrambled eggs and ended up that night with very upset tummies. Overall very disappointed with our stay here.

The location to Busch Gardens.

The location was perfect for where I needed to be and then...

I really enjoyed everything about this location

The location was perfect for where I needed to be and then some. I will definitely be staying here again when I plan my next trip up to Tampa

Horrible

The lizards in my room and when I told front desk I was told it's Florida they are everywhere they come in through the cracks, I don't think that was the right answer and I should not be sharing my room with lizards. And it was dirty.

The location was great which is why I booked it. Once we arrived I found it small and understaffed

Free wifi was AWFUL!! Room smelled a bit musty. Very few staff at a glance. Called front desk but no answer. Couldn't get my phone message. Jacuzzi is indoors which was great because it rained but couldn't stay long due to the level of chlorine and my eyes burned.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was decent.

Not impressed
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The room was not correct... when I booked online I needed 2 double beds for 2 adults and 2 children. When I checked in they gave me a king bed room with no sofa/pull out bed...just 1 king bed. The lady @ the desk told me they had no available rooms but they could possibly change my room the next day... I had to explain again that we had 4 people and only ONE BED! She told me to wait and she would see if she could move someone else and exchange rooms. It took them more than 45min to get us into a room with 2 beds. Then the room smelled musty and everything felt damp. I was not impressed! The beds were sunken in and not very comfortable.

The hot tub and pool

The location to Busch gardens is awesome.

Most of the cleaning staff did not speak English they let us check in but when we where going into are room the cleaning staff followed us in didn't know if it was cleaned or not the rack that holds clean towels was covered in rust .

The location to Busch gardens is awesome. Breakfast is ok

Great choice- needs minor fixes.

The bed had broken springs on one side. Also there were sugar ants in the room- from day 1.

The shuttle was very convenient and helped me select this property which is across from USF. The staff was extra helpful and breakfast was good as well.