Reviews of Wingate by Wyndham Vienna/Parkersburg 4 stars

1502 Grand Central Avenue, Vienna, WV 26105 , USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Vienna

Following the above incident, all about the stay was very good.

Had to request a different room-were first assigned the 1 room in the building that looked out directly behind the air handlers. We were staying 5 days and were there for a family funeral and they put us in a room that we couldn’t see outside? Only when I went all the way back down to the front desk in person to state that the room was not acceptable were we moved. Mgr was not responsive to my phone call.

Coffee excellent. Other food fair. Food area well designed and very clean. Need SECURE WiFi. Common areas and room very clean. Quality linen.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We had a wonderful time, staff was super nice

pool floors not slimy, i almost slipped and fell just walking..and always had to tell someone to bring towels to the pool area

i have neck and back issues and i slept like a queen for 8 hours. the pillows are the best as well as the hot tub!!

For the second time I have encountered bed bugs at this...

For the second time I have encountered bed bugs at this property. The on site manager (not Angela or Lindsay, they are both great but present this time) was rude and un-accommodating about this issue. After being a long time repeat customer, I won’t ever stay here again.

One of the better places to stay, good value for the price.

Hard to access even when you can see the sign. Middle floor rooms have sound issues even from people above walking about.

Secluded and quiet at night. Nicely furnished rooms, comfortable king bed and excellent breakfast area and selection.

It was pleasant for the amount of time I stayed there. The Wingate in Erlanger was less than mediocr
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Fresh berries and more of a variety of fruits, etc. Hampton Inns , in some of their Hotels, get it right! Bacon would be nice, too!

They were ok. It was an ok breakfast.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was still dirty from the previous guest. Their old opened hand soap was in the dish by the sink and their shampoo and conditioner was open end in the shower stall.

Like going on a secluded retreat!!!
    • Deluxe King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

There is nothing I didn't like!!! They maintain this hotel with excellence. No need to go anywhere else for comfort!

The staff at this hotel are some of the nicest people I have met. Everyone makes you feel right at home, almost like visiting family. Everything is clean and smells refreshing. I WILL be back!!!

Very convenient, priced right and clean for my overnight business trip to Parkersburg WV

That I did not get a receipt at the front desk. (because I used an online reservation tool to make the reservation). When I tried to book direct, it switched me to the booking.com or whatever I used. I would like a receipt when I check out. It should be simple, but I was advised it had to come from them. And of course, I did not get one from them.

Front desk is pleasant. King bed was comfortable. Wifi worked well.

Great place and will continue to stay here.

Our room needed some more spring cleaning , the cleaning lady missed our room after we asked her to come back as we were getting ready.

The location is great, the pool and jacuzzi are amazing.

Offbeat location in Parkersburg, 7 miles from I-77 but extremely nice hotel at amazing price.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Couldn't get secure wi fi connection for Apple device. When I asked at desk next morning they said you have to log onto a specific site to connect. No password is required which is strange. I decided to not connect and be safe online.

Very clean, good linens, large room well finished, friendly staff, good breakfast

I was there with 2 of my granddaughters for a girls night out,we had a great time!

no complaints

the beds were very comfy!the pool and hot tub were very nice as well.sometimes in hotels the chlorine in the pools is very strong and burns the eyes,not here!The fresh baked cookies in the lobby were delicious!

Convenient location to shopping and restaurants.

I only have two complaints. My room wasn’t ready at 3pm (normal check in time). Not sure what happened, wasn’t given an explanation. Got into the room about 30 minutes later. The pool had mold on the wall of the pool. I only used the jacuzzi.

The room was comfortable and appeared clean. The lobby was inviting and although I didn’t have the breakfast, it looked nice and plentiful. Convenient location.

Comfortable and friendly atmosphere makes this hotel our go- to when visiting family in the area.

One of the outside doors did not close to lock without an extra pull which meant that it was usually left unlocked. For security reasons, I hope this can be fixed. We have stayed at this property many times and love the updates in the rooms. Just wondering why the sink faucets were not changed as well. The faucet is too short to reach into the sink well.

Friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast servers are extra friendly and helpful. Smiles and greetings are always abundant and appreciated.

Took stress off a terrible snow day filled with chaos.

Location was so-so. Should have been front and center on the main strip.

This hotel was AMAZING! Very friendly and helpful staff, 24 hours pool (Kids really loved this) and very clean, comfortable room and bed. The only bad thing about the hotel was I did not care too much about the location but everything else made me forget about that quickly. Highly recommend for family and business.

Our stay was one of the best stays in the Vienna/Parkersburg area -- definitely will be returning!!!

Did have to change rooms on our last night due to changing decor; a little disappointed that we couldn't stay in the same room one more night :(

The rooms were very spacious and the beds were beyond comfortable and very clean. The staff were all very friendly.

Overall amazing.

All the noise at the pool. There must have been some sorta cheerleading event and they were extremely loud and disrespectful to the other kids in the pool.

The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Wonderful hot breakfast and the kids really enjoyed the pool.

My daughters loved the experience.

The hotel was great. Other guests were rude and misused the pool so we chose not to utilize that area even though we would have liked to.

The hotel was clean and my kids loved the breakfast svailable.

Best stay ever! No problems at all, amazing experience!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

There is nothing bad that I can say, honest to God not a single thing.

The continental breakfast was very good but the biggest part of the hotel is all of the staff. I have traveled alot with my wife and children as well as growing up so I have had my fair share of good and bad hotels although this is the best hotel experience I've honestly ever had. From the checking in to the checking out everything was flawless, they were very accomodating as well as understanding due to my personal situation that required a last minute hotel stay. I would travel 50 miles from where im going if it meant to stay in this particular hotel, not to mention the restaurants as well as stores that are very close by were also very nice. I would reccomend this hotel to anybody with zero doubts that an issue may occur. The room was very thoroughly cleaned, the housekeeping also was very polite and friendly to us. I can't speak highly enough of this place. Excellent experience!!!!! To top it all off the checkout is noon and late check out can be pushed to 2pm. The pool, business center, fitness room everything is prestine. Everything from shipping supplies to faxing supplies as well as fax machine and in between they have in the business center along with a crosscut shredder for destroying personal documents.

Absolutly delightful! Thank you!

Nothing could have been better! It was wonderful in everyway possible!

Front desk ANGELA was so polite and kind she made me feel so comfortable and housekeeping was excellent I would definetly stay again and highly recommend it to my friends.

Trip in a trip.......

I stayed in room 211, door didn't really shut. I didn't even need my room key to get in it you have to slam the door as hard as you could and pull even harder and then it would shut... :/ toilet barely worked. I tried to use the blow dryer and it started shooting pieces at me, sparking, smoking and making an awful screech. It seemed as if someone kept going in our room. Each day we came back something new was happening. tv was off, big light was on, bathroom door shut, blanket on the floor. It was weird. The bathroom "locks" but if you wiggle the handle it'll pop right open. There was no parking on site because they were taring it. So you had to park at Lowe's next door and walk over. Breakfast every morning had bunch of hair in it. Biscuit and gravy...hair. Waffle...hair. Dang coffee...hair. I knew it wasn't mine since my husband got it for me and I'm a blond with short hair and the hair in it was long and brown/black every time. The pool is nice but way over chlorinated and almost every afternoon people were drinking alcohol while swimming. The staff seen and didn't care. So after 5pm don't take your children down to swim. Also grown men thought it was a good idea to run around the halls naked. Again if you have kids be in your room by 7pm.

The pool is 24/7....

When Athens, OH is book, a great back-up

Noisy children playing in the lobby/breakfast area could be heard in rooms above.

Friendly front desk staff, immaculate room. Easy 40-minute drive to Ohio University graduation.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

So many outlets and lots of space in bedroom!

The bed could be a little bit more comfortable, it was very firm.

So many outlets and lots of space in bedroom! Love the air control too! The staff was amazing! Breakfast was delighted! Nothing really bad to say about this place at all!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

My mother and I came to visit my brother. I booked online and arrived a day early and was accommodated. Very nice lady the early morning we arrived. I just thought I could have gotten a little discount. But overall I enjoyed everything and plan on coming back!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Very friendly place to stay

They need a better selection of channels on the televisions.

Very friendly staff even though it was a holiday and they weren't all there. People at front desk could not have been nicer. The breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Attentive staff, just don't expect to sleep.

The beds were squeaky and uncomfortable. Room didn't seem insulated from noise. It sounded like someone running a marathon above us and the voices in the hallway echoed all the way through our room.

It was very nice to awake to fresh made coffee and a nice breakfast waiting for me in the lobby. The front desk staff was cheerful and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

The friendly and hospitable staff were key to my plans to return.

Hot tub was a bit too hot. lobby ran out of cookies.

what sold me on it was the 24 hr pool and spa. Too often I never can make it to the pool because it is after 10 or 11 pm.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Excellent Stay/Property

We love staying here when ever we are in the Parkersburg/Vienna area. From the staff to the breakfast buffet, everything is always wonderful. We love the idea of the fruit always being available and the little goody bags upon departure.

We traveled to visit with family who loved 2 blocks away.

We traveled to visit with family who loved 2 blocks away. The room was very spacious, breakfast had enough variety for everyone to find something they really liked, and the staff were very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Was extremely relaxing and enjoyable.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The pool n facilities were excellent and super clean was really refreshing.

The pool and hot tub were 24hours
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I wasn’t expecting the location to be right beside a neighborhood

The pool and hot tub were 24hours

Everything.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Everything....definitely not worth the money

It was greaaaat!!!!

Not enough light in room

The bed
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Not friendly staff and the breakfast was awful each day, was sadly disappointed!

The bed

Well ........
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noise from room above. Bug on Wall by bed. Difficult to see from highway. Breakfast was ok but not great. Hallway carpet not vaccumed well.

Comfortable but WiFi is lacking

The WiFi is awful. They also forgot to clean our room one day

The location is great and the pool.

Awesome hotel, prime location
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Easy to find and located within a mile of plenty of restaurants

Very clean,pool was very nice,quiet at night .

Very clean,pool was very nice,quiet at night .

Wonderful!!

There was nothing I didn’t like.

The place was so clean!

Very comfortable and very clean!

Very comfortable and very clean!

I loved everything about this motel!

I loved everything about this motel! Staff, comfy room, yummy breakfast! Loved it all! :D

Was short stop to sleep so I didn’t get to use much else.

The clean room. Comfortable bed.

Very clean.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Noise of other guests leaving before daybreak.

Very clean.

Clean easy to get to

Power went out for 3 hours .

Clean easy to get to

I enjoyed my stay.

Helpful staff.

Rooms very nice and good location.

Breakfast finished early

Rooms very nice and good location.

The best place to stay in Parkersburg

Clean, great breakfast Great staff

Comfort & value on Vienna.

Excellent location and facility. We've stayed here on a few occasions, and always find the accommodations excellent.

Favorite place to stay

Very clean-Great staff

complimentary breakfast was pretty decent.

complimentary breakfast was pretty decent. staff was very amenable to our requests and they even have a 24 hour pool and hot tub.

Very nice hotel we slept great

Very nice rooms and the hot tub was amazing

Nice historical area,with lots of shopping opportunities around.

A lot of noise from room above.Sounded like running and jumping.

Room was fine.Breakfast was also good.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only stayed one night while passing through.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Only stayed one night while passing through. Accommodation was clean and comfortable - no complaints.

Be back

Finding the property

Great breakfast, pool awesome

My grandchildren loved it, wish I could have stayed longer!

Everything:)

One of the beds in the room was unmade when we arrived.

One of the beds in the room was unmade when we arrived.

Ideal place for baseball camp

Breakfast w as ok

great bed, very clean

great bed, very clean

My stay was very pleasant! Great,helpful staff!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Comfortable beds, spacious and quiet

I'm happy.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No changes could be made to reservation because of 3rd party booking, at the hotel. My room had a view of the air conditioners on the roof.

very nice hotel
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Only the location was difficult to find, not near expressway.

comfy bed, nice staff, very nice room

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Great stay: clean, quiet, helpful.

Front desk staff extremely courteous and knowledgeable. Breakfast area was immaculate. Had requested a quiet room and it was in a quiet location.

very good location, a lot of restaurants, Sam's and...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

very good location, a lot of restaurants, Sam's and Walmart nearby, also gas station. Very convenient!

The place was clean and the staff was great.

I liked everything. It was a little far from where i needed to be but it's worth the drive.

The place was clean and the staff was great.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The staff was very friendly, and the room was spacious and...

The staff was very friendly, and the room was spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Great time

Breakfast offerings not long enough time frame

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Hard mattress.

The bed was too hard for me.

The room was clean, and the tv was awesome.

Hot tub

Room was too hot. Turned temp down but it didn't seem to matter. Just turned it off at night.

Hot tub

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Very satisfied!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

I don't have any dislikes

Location was great-close to everything. My kids loved the pool. The beds were very comfy!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The breakfast was fine

The beds are very hard

The breakfast was fine

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

I needed ADA, this was first rate snd ion 3nd floor.

Breakfast---but as goof/better than most. Doesn't compete with. Blenerhasrt

I needed ADA, this was first rate snd ion 3nd floor. Reasonable emergency exit opportunity if necsssary

• Reviewed: 28 April 2016

Very nice hotel but I can't justify spending that much...

I would like to stay there if they would match the rate of the comfort Inn that is a mile away

Very nice hotel but I can't justify spending that much per night to just shower and sleep

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Staff was friendly, Breakfast area was well sized, rooms...

The hotel was located in the back corner of a shopping plaza, if you didn't know it was there, it's easy to miss

Staff was friendly, Breakfast area was well sized, rooms were nice, complimentary cookies and drinks in the lobby were nice touch

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

General location is convenient, but they need a sign at the...

Noise comes through the walls, I had to call the front desk because the occupants next door were so loud all night.

General location is convenient, but they need a sign at the main avenue to direct travelers to their parking lot.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2015

Helpful, accommodating staff!

Adjoining occupants were a little loud. Previous visit were very quiet and peaceful. I plan to use this facility in the future.

Helpful, accommodating staff!

There are also 69 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.