Reviews of Holiday Inn - Las Colinas 3 stars

110 W. John Carpenter Freeway, Irving, TX 75039, USA

#41 of 72 hotels in Irving

It was okay that’s is all
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The shuttle driver said he would pick us up from the concert across the street we called and the front desk person said he would notify him 45 minutes late still no driver we called back and the front desk person said the shuttle stops running at 11 even though the original call was made at 10:40 so we wasted time and $20 on a Uber

It was clean

It was alright.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There was a fork under the nightstand that someone had left there and the showers wasn’t cleaned up 100% from the prior guest.

Convenient to my location

The location was very nice and quite, especially being so close to the freeway.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There was a huge space between the door and the frame. Big enough to see the carpet in the hallway through the spacing.

The bed was very comfortable and the front lobby was very inviting and pleasant.

Good

The beds were not very comfortable. The toilet clogged 2 times and there was nothing inside. I found a coffe lid in the coffe machine amd it was used from previous costumers.

Is is so beautiful, the staff is amazing all of them were very friendly and always had a smile on their faces

Our stay was more of a hassle than it should have been. Our trip was a total waste of time.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

We came here an extra day before work started so we could stay somehere that had an indoor pool we could take our daughter to swim in! Well first thing, we go to unpack our cooler into the fridge, and the fridge was not even cold. The phone line was constantly "busy" so we couldn't call down to the desk, i had to walk town there to address the issue. At that point we only had an hour to swim before it closed, and here we are waiting 20 mins for the matnence guy to come fix it. After he was done, we finally get to the pool and the water is SOO cold we didn't even want to get in. We only sat in the hot tub (with no bubbles because we couldn't figure out how to turn it on due to no signs) I paid $120 for an extra night for nothing. It was such a disappointment. Another thing, since they had to do something with the fridge, now the coffee maker wasn't working due to something with the plug in? Not a big deal, except my 9 month old son will only take warm bottles. So to get hot water, we had to pull out the tray, reach the plug across the room to turn it on and pray our kids didn't trip over it while it was spitting out hot water, then unplug it, wrap it up and put it away. That is more work than necessary for sure.

The bed was nice and the pillows were soft!

Room was not clean
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There was garbage from previous people in the drawer and straight pens all over the floor. We collected as many as we could find and put them on top of the dresser. I took a picture of them and showed the front desk she apologized and credited us, but it was not enough to compensate.

People at front desk were nice.

the room smelled horrific.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

the room smelled horrific. the staff did what they could to fix it and were very accommodating, but i still woke up in the middle of the night and morning needing to spray air freshener.

Grateful for a cozy, updated and friendly place to stay during our layover.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Enjoyed 24 hr access to the fitness facility and having a restaurant/bar on-site. I also enjoyed the soap/shampoo. We had an overnight layover and just need a place to crash near the airport. We chose well!

It is not safe!

It is not safe! There should be security or police on duty at all times! Some attempted to get in my room and I called the operator to send security up, there was only one staff member in the entire hotel that night. I checked out after only being there for 15 minuets

We will not stay at this location again.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

On the website it stated a complimentary breakfast, that is not the case. The sign is not in view that there is a $12+ charge until you have made a plate to eat. Our AC was very loud, coffee pot didn’t work, ice machine was out of order. I will not stay at this location again.

The hotel was clean.

Very clean

Was told before check in pool and hot tub was working and it was not big let down for our 5 yr old grand daughter. Beds were not comfortable at all

Very clean

Not enough room and cold water to bathe
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I didn't get the room I booked

I booked room with 2 beds and got one me my husband and 2 kids had to sleep in one bed when we woke up to take a shower the water was cold

A nice hotel

Bar was closed when we returned after he said he would stay open.Breakfast was not included and was 12.95 a person,we thought that was a bit steep.

Location to concert venue was close, good neighborhood,lady at the front upgraded us to a balcony room. The bed was super comfy, 2 tvs and the living room was very nice.it was surprisingly quiet despite john carpenter freeway right outside the balcony door.we were very pleased. We will stay here again

Short comfortable stay that was pretty pricey for an outdated room.

The temperature was set to 65 but it felt like 78, It seemed a little outdated for the price

comfortable, bar, parking, easy access to nearby stores and restaurants, ease of check-in/checkout

See You Again
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Wish the bar was completed.

The staff at check in, housekeepers, bartenders, everyone was extremely nice and pleasant. All crew members spoke and greeted in a courteous manner at all times. Check in was smooth and only took about two minutes. Our room was on the bottom "0" level from, which was newly renovated. While the ice maker didn't work, we didn't need it anyway. There was some painters tape still stuck to a few places, but that didn't have any effect of my comfort level. The room was clean and smelled nice. The bed was super supportive and the large pillows were excellent. Not a single noise was heard from any other guests. No complaints about the bathroom facilities. Good water pressure and temperatures in the shower. We didn't eat while there, but there was a breakfast available. The breakfast looked very fresh and the area was very well maintained and clean. The bar is brand new and was not in full functioning order, but it is coming along nicely. We were given free drinks during happy hour with a ticket at check in. The bartenders were very conversational and awesome. The parking lot was safe and secure. I had no issue leaving my vehicle there. Check out was a breeze and everything was as expected. I did forget my wallet in the room when I checked out and writhing two hours, a staff member called me to report it and will be sending it to me Monday. I have zero complaints and only accolades for this property. It is not perfect and it still being renovated, but everyone is doing their best to provide great service. Keep up the great work and we will stay there again if in the area.

Good for the price
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The breakfast was not good compared to other Holiday Inn hotels I have stayed at. Nothing special. The beds were not comfortable either. Woke up several times with a stiff neck & back. The walls were super thin. You could literally hear the next door neighbors whole conversation.

The indoor pool was nice & the lobby was quiet & nice. Rooms were very clean

Good value and location!
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

A little disappointed that the restaurant/bar was not open yet. The bathrooms didn't appear to be remodeled either. Overall, the stay was a good value.

I liked the location. It was apparent that a remodel had taken place. The housekeeping team was very friendly to us.

Nice hotel.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Some staff are very nice and go above and beyond, others are just ok, do their job but are not real service people trying to make your stay the best possible.

Very clean updated hotel. Airconditioning unit was nice and quiet. Comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Horrible experience
    • Room Selected at Check-In

When I checked in I was giving the wrong room. The second room, I was given the shower was broken and there were ants everywhere. Finally, the 3rd room was ok. The breakfast was cold and what they consider a full breakfast was only biscuit, eggs, and fruit

It smelt terrible, there were dead roaches in our restroom,...
    • King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

It smelt terrible, there were dead roaches in our restroom, and in the shower the water wouldn't drain so you had to stand in the water the entire time you were in the shower.

Great for the price Laura was amazing

The room smelled of new paint but we understood that there was recent renovations

The staff was the friendliest staff I've encountered at a hotel in many years. Laura was amazing!

No indoor pool and trash in the hallways
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I choose this hotel mainly for the indoor pool ave jacuzzi advertise. However, the pool was closed for renovations when I checked in. No where on the website it stated that the pool would be close for renovations on that week prior to booking. The hallway leading to my room was dirty the entire 2 days of my stay with silverware on the floor, used paper towel, cups and other trash.

I liked the comfort of the bed, quietness, the bath and body works toiletries items and housekeeping staff that service my room.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Comfortable stay

the washer/dryer needs updated, and hot tub was not working but other than that our stay was good.

great staff, good breakfast, comfortable room, comfortable stay

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Room was good.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The elevation doors could have been wipe clean. Room was ok. Hotel undergoing construction, it's old hotel and the expensive room rate 179.00 day rate was a rip off during market.

Room was good.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Convenenient location

No sidewalks around the area or next to the hotel. Have to walk in the street or across the grass even to nearby shops.

Convenenient location Good work space Nice pillows

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Front desk likes to offer free upgrade for inconvenient...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

get to the right room in 3 times as system had wrong inventory of the facility due to company merged. Also, I had not been notify of Hotel name changed, and difficult to find it.

Front desk likes to offer free upgrade for inconvenient outcome of hotel.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Worst Hotel Ever

Everything. The construction that was supposed to be done in September, was still in full swing, the hotel was a mess. The staff didn't care, whether because it was becoming a Holiday Inn or because they were sick of answering these questions. My father in laws thermostat kept his room at 83 degrees and couldn't be shut off, and they didn't move him until the final night. The "breakfast" was a joke. Coffee, raw sausages, and dry eggs. Would never stay at this location again.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

What Renovations!!!!

The hotel is under renovations. The front desk attendee failed to mention the awful renovations. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi was under renovations and it was not accessible.

The breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Comfortable and quiet

Bugs in the bathroom were annoying but not a total deal breaker. The AC unit only worked half the time.

The room was comfortable and the balcony was a nice touch. Their OJ at breakfast was amazing! The staff was friendly. Overall, there were no major issues.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Not ready for prime time, try back in Feb or March.

Currently undergoing a rebranding to be a Holiday Inn (Express?). Water was shut off from about 6am until 9am. Fire Alarm went off when I got out of the shower. Just growing pains, I'd imagine, but I would avoid this place for another 2-3 months.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The lady at the front desk was very sweet this is my second...

Well they are renovating so I imagine all of that will be taken care of soon.

The lady at the front desk was very sweet this is my second time staying here and being assisted by the same young lady.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great value for money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is a small snag list after the improvements I would correct if it were my property but they seem to still be in process. 1 of the 2 queen beds in our room was not satisfactory comfortable, but might also be corrected before done with improvements Wifi was available but a little spotty in areas but I would forgive this considering all other factors

Good value for money and approximaty to DFW. They are investing in making the hotel better. Large room size. Complimentary breakfast which I wasn't aware of through the booking application I used. So a good surprise

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Service great room clean bed comfortable

Needed a fork not a single Fork spoon knife nothing was able to be found could not eat my dinner the breakfast wasn't available due to construction but yet was told that they have continental breakfast the air conditioner in our room had problems maintenance showed up very fast and corrected it but then later in the night it started acting up when we woke up in the morning the floor in front of the window and under the air conditioner was soaked. Had an eight o'clock wake-up call and never got it due to all the noise from construction we ended up waking up earlier than needed

Service great room clean bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

It was wonderful place i would love to come back

nothing everything was great

Breakfast in the morning was great , The location was around every place we visited , also the pool was beautiful and peaceful. The staff there

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

WAIT UNTIL CONSTRUCTION IS OVER BEFORE YOU STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Toilet wouldn't flush, had to move to a 2nd floor room at midnight with no help from the staff - not happy with that!!!!!!!! No ice machine ANYWHERE and no vending machines Too much construction going on that interfered with enjoying the stay

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Comfortable and convenient

Tub didn't drain which leads me to believe the maid didn't clean it after the last guest. Matter fixed within 5 minutes though.

Comfortable and convenient

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Trip to Dallas

Same as above

Room smelled like mildew and we had large roaches running around in the room and bathroom, they s will be our second try. PLEASE GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME!!!

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

never again,even if they paid me
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

lady tried to double charge me. extremely rude and unwelcoming check-in. had to pull teeth to switch rooms bc the construction was killing my allergies. room i was switched to had leaks everywhere, no a/c, and found a spider the size of my hand in room

only thing i liked was the moment check-out time came

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

4.0
    Overpriced considering the guests are having to live through the renovation & Holiday Inn transition
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is a Holiday Inn still trading as / hiding behind Las Colinas whilst the facilities are below par and being renovated. No minibus shuttle as shown in the facilities. Took double the agreed payment from my card. Hotel under renovation. No food facilities apart from breakfast, no bar open. Staff not happy.

Swimming pool

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Lousy service. Book somewhere else

When I called to reserve, they said book on Booking.com. I knew I was in trouble but booked anyway. Upon arrival, they didn't have my reservation. I stayed the first night and complained of a lack of maid service three times... still no maid service. Upon my return the next evening, they said they didn't have a reservation, my room was locked with my stuff inside and they sent me away Shaun saying I would not be billed for either night.

It was a typical hotel

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Quick and nice trip.
    • Suite

How to get there from the convention center was not clear. It is not convenient for walkers.

Hotel was nice, staff helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

staff is friendly

no pedestrian nearby

staff is friendly

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Very disappointing

Bar closed when it was advertised to be open.Night desk clerk very unpleasant

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The pool.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Wet carpet from A Leaking Air condition Ants in the BathTub Paying for Breakfast A 3hr wait to be checked in

The pool..Free Parking

It was a good stay.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very good. The staff was very pleasant I enjoy the stay

Wonderful

N?A

I felt like I was home

Clean and quiet

Clean and quiet

• Room Selected at Check-In

Great location. Hotel staff was very friendly.

Average, for the money.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Parking,who has compact cars anymore? Air conditioning. Breakfast should have been complimentary.

Staff in dining area was awesome.

Totally worth it.

The hamburgers and fries were to die for!!!!!

Great stay!

Great friendly stay

I liked it

Very clean

We had a great stay prefect location near the music factory.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I don't have any complaints

Nice comfortable and clean. The courtyard with the fire pit is a great spot to relax with friends.

Ok for a business trip

Thanks to the breakfast team for arranging a late breakfast for me.

Very good

The patio area

Comfortable and clean

Pool was cold

Pool was cold

• Room Selected at Check-In

Everything and everyone was nothing short of amazing

Great place to stay!!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

It was really nice and had really friendly staff....defiantly will be staying here again!! Go see Brande Keys she was awesome!!

Wonderful and relaxing thanks to booking.com and Holliday inn

I have no complaint.

Loved the beds comfortable and the patios. Hot tub delightful.

It was beautiful and clean

It was beautiful and clean

Dallas Las Colinas

Restaurant

Comfortable

Filthy room.

Filthy room. Very dated.

Great holiday Inn & Great value for your money.

the ice machine was broken & no easy access to the 7-11.also the maze we went through to get to our room.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

MEMORABLE
    • Room Selected at Check-In

THE FRONT DESK IS VERY FRIENDLY. THE HOTEL IS CLEAN AND ACCESSIBLE TO CONVENIENT STORES LIKE 7-ELEVEN. IT IS ALSO NEAR MCDONALDS AND CINNABON.

King Suite is nice.

King Suite is nice.

Great stay

Hot tub didn't work correctly

Got to the hotel at 2 am and they had my room ready and I got an upgrade on my room

Quiet overall clean good breakfast buffet

Weird parking setup

Quiet overall clean good breakfast buffet

Marvelous!!!!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Everything Was amazing I didn't Want to go back home I was so pissed if was not for stupid labor day I was going to stay another day.

It's OK to stay one night, but no more
    • King Room - Disability Access Tub - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast was not free and the room is underground.

Cleanliness, comfortable beds!

No microwave in the rooms. Couldn't find vending or ice machine. Charging $9 for continental breakfast.

Cleanliness, comfortable beds!

Wifi was slow

Wifi was slow

Hotel is not bad at all, but they have to maintain it better and include free breakfast.

Toilet

Awesome

Nothing i like evrything

The room and good servis

You get what u pay for

The space

The balcony

Parking and ease of getting to location due to construction.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Parking and ease of getting to location due to construction.