Reviews of Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh 4 stars

600 Commonwealth Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15222, USA

#55 of 62 hotels in Pittsburgh

Fun day going to a football game
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Staff was friendly the area was easy to navigate but the area was so crowded because of the football game you couldn't get into places

The beds were fine. The View was perfect. The shower had no light that went on. There was a fan but it did not go on and was so dirty that I couldn't even lift my head to wash my neck. We had a flood someone had left the shower head pointed to the wall and water ran out and all over the floor. I cleaned it up but use all the towels. No one came to clean the room until after 6 the next day.

Great value
    • King Room with City View

There was nothing I hated about the property. It was suitable given the circumstances.

The staff were warm and welcoming. It was within walking distance of the park. The bed was nice and soft.

The reason I could not rate the stay as excellent is the CC issue. This annoyed my wife to no end.
    • King Room with City View

These days my wife and I both require the use of hearing aids. As a result we like to use close caption on the TV to make sure we don’t annoye fellow occupants of adjoining rooms. The Close Caption on the TV at the Wyndham Grand in Pittsburgh did not work. We reported it to the Desk and they sent someone up to investigate and what the “Technician” found out was that the Close Caption didn’t work. Gosh we know how to turn on CC. This is a very disturbing. A very simple check would ensure that CC works on all TV’s. Don’t you think? You have no idea how irritated that makes my wife. Really, of all the things you need to check to make sure your guests have a pleasant stay, this is really simple.

We are retired, but when I was working I traveled extensively for my work. I always enyoyed staying at a Wyndham, and other hotels that were equal in class. I was impressed that the shower had a grab bar. Being Senior Citizens I am shocked that all hotels don’t have a grab bar in the shower. Today grab bars can be found that fit right into the design of the shower, and it seems to me that management would insist on them for insurance purposes.

Great for Heinz Field activities
    • King Room - Disability Access

We arrived at 4:30 and the valet parking was full! I had to find my own parking a couple of blocks away. Our room wasn’t ready until after 5 pm and the front desk staff was rude.

The hotel was clean and nice and within walking distance to Heinz Field, so it was super easy to get to the concert we were attending.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very accessible to get to and great location! Handy having the coffee shop and bar/restaurant!
    • King Room with River View

The bathroom shower floor had mold on the corners and we never got any bath towels (sure was just miss looked) and the shower tap was far to reach without getting wet and adjust!!

I like that it was walking distance to Heinz Field!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Room was good size.
    • King Room with City View

No refrigerator in room. Though, there seemed to be a space for one. Mattress was comfortable but sagged in the center of bed.

Room was good size. Nice amenities

Although in a great location to access downtown Pittsburgh this hotel is a disappointment.
    • King Room with River View

Bed was sagging in the middle, air condtioning was not working very well and the room had a damp musty smell. Key fob for my vehicle was broken on its return to me after using the valet parking. Check in staff were not very welcoming.

Restaurant staff were exceptional and very friendly. Location is excellent.

We had a nice time in the city our room was a disappointment
    • King Room with City View

The Bathroom in our room was dirty. The toilet had been used and not flushed. The bed had no fitted sheets on it and the pillows are very hard. I never received a receipt for my stay, when I asked for one when checking out I was told my room was prepaid and just watch for the charges on my credit card.

Lobby and staff very nice

I wouldn't stay here again
    • King Room with City View

The king room was tiny. The bed was very uncomfortable/sagging. The room smelled like sewage. The bathroom was tiny.

It's convenient to walk to great attractions.

Served its purpose.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The Valet parking was a mess. They wanted to charge me $70.00 for two night parking on top of the $280.00 I just paid to stay for two nights. I understand a fee but $35.00 per night is out of this world. Also I went one block around the corner and Parked both nights in a parking garage for $20.00 for 48 hours of parking! Kind of like the cable company don't you think?

Close to the downtown food areas and close to Heinz Field.

Our stay was ok but won't stay there anymore.
    • King Room with River View

The furniture was outdated, the bed was not as comfortable seen like the mattress was old because the minute you set of it, you sink down, last but not least the shower when in the water doesn't just stay in the shower area, it ended up all over the bathroom and I had to end up using all the towels to put on floor.

The location of the room that we were given was Great, but that was all that impressed me.

Will stay again if we can get a similar rrate again.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The valet didn't get our car when we called down it. We waited a long time for it to come only to find out they had forgotten it completely.

The view from the corner, riverview room was enchanting. The hotel was very nice

Adequate.
    • King Room with River View

The hotel management couldn't find my Booking.com reservation, and I was forced to wait 20 to 30 minutes to be told I finally had a valid reservation. The parking lots were filling up due to a baseball game, and I was not pleased to pay an additional $30 for overnight parking. Otherwise, the facilities, and location were fine.

The location was great, as well as the local restaurants.

We liked the location.

The property needs some updates and repairs. Our bathroom facet was very loose. There was Not extra Sheets for the sleeper. We had to ask.

We liked the location. It was easy walking distance to everything we wanted to do. The space of the room was good for a family

Nice location downtown
    • King Room with City View

We got there at 4 and our room wasn't ready until after 7pm. We had tickets for baseball game, so had to change clothes in valet room

We were given coupons for buffet for 2 days to compensate for our inconvenience

The stadium is great, the city is great...
    • King Room with River View

The beds were beyond uncomfortable for being a luxury hotel I was disappointed. Also the coffee machine in the room wasn't a k cup machine. I drink a specific coffee (Deathwish) and carry it with me however had no way of brewing it. Improve on the comfort of the beds and the coffee receptacle and it will always be my game day stay

I liked the convenience to the stadium and downtown

Very disappointed
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Staff rude, room not available till after 5:00 with a 4:00 check in time. I was told there is no guarantee of a time 4:00 is an estimated time!

Clean,good location

The location of the Hotel was great.
    • King Room with City View

The only issue that I was upset with, was that during our stay, my son noticed there were bugs in the bathroom. The front desk did issue us another room, but at check out, there was nothing of an apology or anything else for the inconvenience.

The location of the Hotel was great. Plenty of restaurants and attractions near.

Loved the location, price and staff!
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Bathroom faucet needs new cartridge, it is dripping and close to not shutting off. Shower floor is tile with mildew in parts of the grout. Also, the windows overlooking the river need to be cleaned on the outside.

Loved the location, price and staff!

The view was excellent and the bedding was very comfortable.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

We could hear the people next to us partying with loud music after 3 am. Also, someone set the alarm clock in our room to go off at six am. I wish someone would have checked that prior to us getting into the room.

The view was excellent and the bedding was very comfortable. It was quick and easy to find our room and the valet parking was expensive however it was very convenient. Check in and check out was very easy and convenient.

Staff was courteous and helpful.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

In my opinion, this room should have had a refrigerator. Bathroom sink was clogged. Would have been nice to have a vending machine next to the ice machine on each floor.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Room had great view of the city and reasonable walking distance to PNC Park, Heinz Field, Three Rivers Casino, Point Park and the Strip District. Store and bar were open late.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The fair price and location.
    • King Room with City View

The hotel is in dire need of an update. The bed we slept in was sloped in the middle. Mattress definitely needs replaced.

The fair price and location.

The location of the property.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

We got there at 3:50 and the valet was already full. Our room was then not ready for over an hour. I was told twice that someone would call when it was ready, they did not. I had to go to reception for the third time at 5:05 to check. The room was gross. There was a big bug (CLEARLY) living in the bathroom. There was blood on the outer sheet that covers the bed. The fan and shower light did not work. There wasn't coffee in our room. I was extremely disappointed in our stay overall. We were so excited to stay here and I was (Obviously) willing to pay the high price tag and it was a complete disappointment. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone. It was an embarrassment to our beautiful city. As I was leaving with my children I was chatting with a woman from Ohio who said that her room was disgusting as well. The staff was not very friendly nor helpful at all. Maybe they need to visit the Omni for some tips. We typically stay there but thought we would try someplace new.

The location of the property.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Terrible

Parking situation

Room was hot and dirty. Thsnk goodness we took Lysol, and the main thing was that the parking garage they have you use was 3 or 4 blocks down the street...terrible..Their web site says it's on site. It's not. Terrible experience. Next time we will stay right beside the ball park even if it cost more.

Room was great - wouldn't know about the eggs being...
    • King Room with City View

Received an email after I booked about an "upgrade" and in particular, breakfast at the hotel. I filled out the info and wanted to do it. When I checked in was told that "seeing as though I didn't receive another email back, breakfast to me was unavailable." - Saturday nite in room across hall (1530) it was "party time" at 1:00am. Sunday nite in room next to me (1527) it was noisy talk-time at 3:30am. Think security or someone was actually called up to this room. Not a great nite of sleep!

Room was great - wouldn't know about the eggs being fluffy!

View from room was great.
    • King Room with River View

We had to change rooms because of A/C issues. The staff was helpful but it seems this is an on going issue and should be resolved. Only 3 if the 5 elevators were working. Long waits to get one.

View from room was great. A perfect location.

We will need to find a different hotel next time.
    • King Room with River View

The bathroom was tight, you could hear the people on each side of us talking. The air conditioner wasn't working well so the room was to warm and stuffy. The wait at the elevators was horrendous.

The staff was good !!

Paid alot of money to stay there pool was down both saturday and sunday. Stayed there for that so kids could swim. Room didnr even have a microwave..and i stayed in a junior suite..

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Smoke and Mirrors! Beware!
    • King Room with River View

The pool and hot tub had mold and fungus growing in spots, on the tiles and by railings! The dirtiest pool and hot tub ever! The hallway on the floor we were on had glasses lined up for almost 24 hours, could have been longer and numerous hotel employees walked right by them! REALLY! The bathroom was dirty in the corners and tub had fungus growing in the track for the door and around the corners! The food in the restaurant's food was HORRIBLE, I would have been better going to McD's!!!! My wife's sandwich was on a roll that a hockey puck would have been softer! Her salad was mostly core's of lettuce and lettuce was brown, don't use a metal knife on lettuce! Amature chef's know that, the iron turns lettuce brown on edges after time! I had a burger that wasn't well done and had a huge core fron lettuce! REALLY, This is unacceptable in such a nice restaurant! Save your money and go to McD's or Burger King, you'll get a better burger or sandwich! We went to the pool and called for towels! WE CALLED 3 SEPERATE TIMES, FINAL AFTER AN HOUR, WE HAD TO WALK THROUGH THE HOTEL SOAKING WET, to get to our room! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!! I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemies, NOR will I ever stay at any Wyndham Hotel! I would sleep in my vehicle, first!

The lobby was Extremely Beautiful and the bed was Extremely Comfy!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Very fun, it gave me a good impression of Pittsburgh.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The bathroom in the room has a sliding glass door, kind of strange and a bit uncomfortable as I was traveling with a friend. Also there was no parking or discount on parking.

The location was great as we were there for a couple of baseball games. The room was clean and had a great view. We also enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The stay could have been better... did not feel welcomed. Location is great, though.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The front desk staff was not really courteous--not much personality (for the price I was paying, I expect much better). The room had no soap (had to find a housekeeping person to ask for soap). Rooms are VERY small.

Location, location, location... the hotel is at a great location with a great view of the city.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great location and comfy pillows.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

No parking, valet was full, no one at valet to help us for 15 plus minutes, had to park at a garage for $30 ish a night, we had a tiny room it looked way bigger in the photo, we had river view but it didn’t look spectacular, there was a dirty wash rag in our bathroom.

Great location and comfy pillows.

Sucked
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Staff was rude and not helpful. Housekeeper walked into room at 8:30 am on day of check out- check out time was noon. Room was dirty and had a musty smell. Old broken furniture Parking garage was full had to find my own parking and walk with luggage to hotel

I like that I was upgraded to a Junior Suite after I...
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The drains (bathroom sink & bathtub were both very slow. I mentioned it to the front desk upon checking out

I like that I was upgraded to a Junior Suite after I complained about a gnat infestation in my original room.

4.4
    Bed frame extended out several inches from bed.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Bed frame extended out several inches from bed. Between the two beds making it a very big tripping hazard. Also one bed jhad long black hairs in the sheets.

Zero stars.
    • King Room with City View

Where to start? The hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. The bathroom was full of mold. The house cleaning staff didn’t bother to clean our room while we were there for our 2-night stay. We didn’t have any soap in our room when we arrived so we called down to ask for some. The front desk said “we’ll send some up” but it never arrived. The room is perpetually damp due to lack of ventilation. The only way to counter the dampness is to turn the AC on until it’s beyond freezing in the room. We drove in on a Friday and the valet was grossly understaffed. The line of cars waiting to be valeted backed up onto the street and around the corner. When attempting to call for our car, nobody would answer the phone nor was present at the desk. They had to be tracked down in their office where they clearly looked like didn’t want to be there. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

It’s close to everything.

I would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.
    • King Room with City View

The staff was rude. The room had dust on the walls, a plastic bag over the smoke detector and the wall paper was peeling. The parking was valet only and when I picked up my vehicle the attendant was not very nice.

Short walk from downtown over the river.

I liked the location.
    • King Room with River View

There were a lot of things I didn’t like. The hallway of our room smelled like mildew. Our room had a damp feeling that made sleeping uncomfortable. At 11 pm I had a chocolate craving— there was no place to accommodate it—the gift shop had closed and there were no vending machines. The valet parking area was a disaster and we had a hard time finding someone. Our bathroom tub would not drain and it filled so much on my husbands first shower that I couldn’t have a shower because the tub would have overflowed. The hotel DID comp our valet parking because of this.

I liked the location. It was easy easy access to everything.

A miserable night spent in what was formerly a good Hilton property.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Found our room at 63 degrees. so cold could not settle in at all. Took two calls to desk to get engineer up to fix problem. His solution was to bring a filter?!!! He called another engineer- worked for 45 minutes and got the air shut off...room due to outside ambient and reduction got to 72 degrees, could not go to dinner-could not shower in cold bathroom. Had friends pick us up just to escape circumstances. Black mold in very under cleaned bathroom...Horrible night, had to go to local hospital for a follow up-what a disaster..

proximity to downtown Pittsburgh.

The location was perfect with easy access to downtown...
    • King Room with City View

The location was perfect with easy access to downtown Pittsburgh,as well as, Station Square walking or driving. Staff was amazing and my room view was spectacular! So quiet and relaxing!

I would not return.
    • King Room with City View

The room felt damp and was 62 degrees when we arrived. In the bathroom: torn and peeling wallpaper, plug missing in sink, and chipped counter around the faucet and handles. Draperies were stained. The room needs to be completely redone.

The hotel is in a great location, but the room was in terrible condition.

Fabulous location with view of Point Park & Three rivers.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Room smelled musty, bed skirt had stains all over it, bugs in room , bugs smashed on window and not cleaned. Toilet seat finish was worn off and at first glance appeared soiled. No refrigerator in room

Fabulous location with view of Point Park & Three rivers.

We loved the location for the 4th of July.

The pool area was literally a sauna. We weren’t able to use to do the high heat and humidity in there. Also, when I called hotel a few weeks before stay, we were offered free shuttle, but it didn’t run on the 4th.

We loved the location for the 4th of July. The rooms were comfortable. Ask for river view!

We were originally only staying July3-4 but after seeing how...
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Staying during July 4 they had a lot of outside people entering the hotel because the festival was just outside and it was very hot, it made the hotel lobby very crowded

We were originally only staying July3-4 but after seeing how close the hotel was to the fireworks we decided to stay July 4 too!! We got to sit in the AC and watch the fireworks it was a great trip!

Fantastic!
    • King Room with River View

There was really nothing I didn't like

The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on in a hotel. The view was spectacular! I can't wait to come again.

We had to call 3 times and go down to the front desk after...

We had to call 3 times and go down to the front desk after waiting an hour for sheets for our fold out bed. Staff that answered the phone and at the front desk were short and rude. The man who eventually delivered our sheets at midnight was nice. Our bathroom smelled like urine as soon as we walked in. Valet was full. We were forced to park ourselves in a garage across the street where it cost us $51. Can stay at a nicer more convenient, friendly hotel elsewhere.

The location is the only perk to this hotel
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The hotel room a filthy. All the money is invested in the lobby. The rooms are terrible- very old and outdated. Beds are lumpy. Bathrooms have mold growing out of the sink. There was a grease spot on the headboard from someone’s head. Carpets never vacuumed and stains on the carpets going down the hallways. Place was just a pigsty!!!

The location is the only perk to this hotel

The view was amazing !
    • King Room with City View

The bathroom door was the kind that slide into the wall . I went into bathroom and the door wouldn’t open . Took me 20 minutes to get out!

The view was amazing ! Staff was great ! They were able to take care of our request ! Valet parking was worth the money !

There was no service in our room, also didn’t like that we...
    • River View with Two Double Beds

There was no service in our room, also didn’t like that we were charged a 50 dollar fee that we were told would be put back in our account within 3 days. Shouldn’t take money out unless there was an issue with the room when we left.

Our view was wonderful we had a corner room on the 12th...
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Our room smelled a bit musty and bathroom/ toilet wasn’t clean. After booking, I tried calling and trying to upgrade to a higher floor. I had some issues and was on hold for 27min and no answer. Originally called the Hotel, transferred to Wyndham reservations and then transferred back to hotel. Sent two emails and no response. That was a bit frustrating.

Our view was wonderful we had a corner room on the 12th floor. Staff at the hotel/Valet was courteous.

I checked in at 11 pm on a weeknight.
    • King Room with City View

I checked in at 11 pm on a weeknight. When I arrived at my room, the door was ajar and no one was visibly in the room. I called the desk, security was sent and looked in the closet and bathroom before leaving. No one checked the door to determine if the lock was broken or why the door wasn’t fully closed. I wasn’t offered another room. I barely slept a wink for fear that someone was lurking. Also, the bed was saggy and lumpy.

Great hotel, great price, perfect location!
    • River View with Two Double Beds

My only issue with my room was when I dropped an earring on the floor and bent down to get it and there was garbage underneath both beds that has clearly been there because it was for sure not ours. I instantly felt sick. But also its not something that would make you not want to stay at this wonderful hotel!

The rooms were so nice. The valet service was awesome. Every single staff member had a smile and were eager to help The location was convenient to everything. For the price, you cant beat it!

Great location for walking to games.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Queen suites over looking river were kinda small. Rated as sleeping 3 people per room. It fit 1 person per bed if you are of larger size.

Great location for walking to games.

The ups and downs
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Pool was dirty and not well maintained. Found a large cockroach in the hall. Had room service and burger was over done and falling apart. Plus the waiter seemed to not know where to put the tray. At 9am, housekeeping knocked and tried to come in... Uncool. This is our vacation, I want to sleep in!

People we're friendly and helpful. Loved the view!!! Beds were comfortable. Had the brunch on Sunday, so good! (Even though one of the staff left a hair comb on the buffet line. I believe that the managers need to be more diligent. I understand that we are all human and sometimes we forget that this is someones vacation.

Very happy customers
    • King Room with River View

There was just a little too much noise in the hallway.

Our room was very clean. The staff was super friendly. Our check in process was fast and easy. The location of the hotel is perfect for us. We were in town for an evening baseball game. We were within walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Definitely will stay here in the future!

The view of PNC and the fireworks
    • King Room with City View

The rude staff! They screwed up something and the person who brought us our food we ordered in room made sure to make comments. Again they screwed up not us! We also ordered in room breakfast and got our bill to find out they never took our order until they dropped our bill off. The cleaning lady tried to kick us out of our room 3 hours before check out. So I won’t be staying here again, I couldn’t believe the staff’s behavior.

The view of PNC and the fireworks

No parking.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

No parking. Only has valet parking or pay to park parking garages. Room was small and the tub was very slow at draining. Honestly the whole parking situation ruined the whole stay.

Location in comparison to events.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

I stayed here for a total of 2 nights. I had initially only booked 1 night. After the first night I went downstairs to add on another night. Makayla was working the front desk that morning. She told me since it was only 1 night and booked through booking.com that I would have to contact booking.com to alter my reservation. So, I attempted that and nothing came out of it. After that Makayla suggested just booking another night on booking.com and then she’d merge the 2 stays. I made another reservation and about 2 hours later nothing had yet been done. It was then about 15 minutes prior to check out time and no arrangements had me made or fixed. I then asked to just speak to the manager. Makayla told me that Rosie was the manager there that day but didn’t know where she was. She told me that Rosie was wearing a black and white dress that if I found her that I could talk to her about the issue. I spent the next 20 minutes walking around the hotel to never find Rosie. I then went back to the desk and Asia was then working the front desk. It was literally less than 5 minutes and she had everything corrected. A huge shoutout to Asia at the front desk.

Location in comparison to events.

The gentleman at valet were extremely nice and helpful.
    • King Room with City View

Our bathroom shower door did not work properly. It was off the track and we could not get it to shut or open. There was a stain on the duvet. There were no batteries in the remote for the TV.The staff weren't very friendly at check-in or check-out. We had to pay $35 for valet parking brcause there's nowhere downtown in Pittsburgh to park.

The gentleman at valet were extremely nice and helpful. A lot of great places to eat are within walking distance. We went there for the Dodgers ball game and walked over to PNC park across the bridge and it wasn't a long walk.

Location to the venue
    • King Room with River View

Very small room, no refrigerator, tiny pillows, uncomfortable mattress. Originally booked king room river view but upon checking in, that room was not ready. We had to go with king room city view for the same price. ( should’ve been price adjustment but was told they couldn’t change it.) PaddedHeadboard in room 2241 was scratched up- kinda gross. I paid over 400$/night and was not impressed.

Location to the venue

When I got their they said I was lucky to get the last...
    • King Room with City View

When I got their they said I was lucky to get the last parking ticket when their were people passed me and left their Vehicle empty and went strait to the hotel. I go in to Check in took an hour to get Checked in . Finally wife and I get to our room and the first thing we have to do is call for toilet paper the room was not stocked. I have stayed here before never like this .

I would probably stay here again because of the location but was disappointed in the value for money
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The room wasn't real clean and needs updated and there were no washcloths, price was jacked up for the concert

The bed was really comfortable, staff was very nice, good location, the valet was nice

Comfortable beds and gentleman that helped with my bags...
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Had a couple issues in room. Light in room would go on and off and glass shower door fell off when touched.

Comfortable beds and gentleman that helped with my bags checking out.

Was hoping for more for the price.
    • King Room with City View

When we arrived we had to sit in our car for over a half hour waiting for valet just to be told their lot was full and had to find alternate parking on our own. The rooms are very small for two people and not worth the almost $500 we paid for a one night stay.

The continental breakfast was great and the location is great if you are looking to be right downtown.

It was nice.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The room is small and had no fridge microwave or dresser. Parking was a little confusing, the parking directions were not very clear.

The staff is extremely friendly. Extremely helpful. The room service was on time and delicious. The pool was lovely and had a beautiful view. The kids loved it. My kids enjoyed exploring the lobby.

Dated guestrooms but good location.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Bathroom wallpaper and tile coming off. Lack of towels/washcloths...had to call guest services 3 times and it took nearly 45 minutes to have housekeeping bring them. Ice bucket had water in it from previous guest. Valet service misplaced our vehicle keys and we waited more than 30 minutes for our vehicle. No refrigerator in room. Hallways very dark.

Location to PNC Park and downtown was great! Hotel was easy to get to. Lobby area was very clean and inviting.

Worst sleep ever.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

The rooms are TINY. The bathroom door was extremely strange and made with glass slats making it see through and you could hear EVERYTHING. Also the beds were TERRIBLE. Not worth the price of the room. If you stay you are strictly paying for location, which is great.

The location was great

Fine hotel but staff needs to be more attentive
    • River View with Two Double Beds

Hotel staff needs to be more attentive. A housekeeping staff ignored my "do not disturb" tag and knocked on my door early morning to deliver towels I never ordered, and walked away without even saying sorry. Then a bunch of staff started talking and laughing loudly in the hallway. The valet parking person mistook the number of my parking ticket and made me wait for more than 20 minutes before fetching my car.

Room was clean. The lobby cafe provides hot coffee and hot food till late night and early morning. Convenient location right at the edge of downtown Pittsburgh.

Great view
    • King Room with River View

Room was more than quoted. Rooms were small and over priced. Cable was bot working 20 min for an elevator on the 22nd floor. Wanted king bed got two doubles.

Great view

Easy access to events.
    • River View with Two Double Beds

No fan in bathroom.The lounge could have been open longer than it was.I feel you should provide a complementary breakfast and coffee for the price of you.

Easy access to events.

Our room was so small actually smaller than our home bathroom
    • King Room with City View

Ate at your restaurant and the male server was not accommodating and became. Angry when we asked a question about the food did not give me what I asked for and became irritated when I told him about it

My stay was good

Price

Fitness center i did not use. Only change id make is thr price for the room. This is my 2nd time i came fir the Pittsburgh marathon. Loved the location of the room. Just wished it was not do expensive.

Nice beds, good for a long weekend. Get a room above the 8th floor for the river view.

I had hoped the "guaranteed river view" would be more of a view, but even though we were on the 8th floor, it wasn't as magical as I had hoped for. The price for parking was crazy, we ended up parking at a nearby garage. This was a bit of a hassle.

I liked the fact that I was able to book a King view room for my husband and me and put our 3 adult kids in a junior suite nearby. I liked that you still give out lotion, I travel a lot and many hotels do not provide this small thing anymore. Loved seeing the fireworks after the game. This was unexpected!

Will not pay that much for a room like that unless I tour the facility first.

It was not clean in our hallway to our room. Trash and other items laying on floor through out the hallway. Base board missing and wallpaper pulling up. No sheets for the pullout bed

Not sure I'd return
    • King Room with City View

Bathroom was TINY! The bed was thrown together; not made properly. The ironing board was not usable because the cover was coming off; another guest's clothing was left in my closet; it took way too long for my car, parked with valet, to be returned to me. ( (about 15 minutes). I was late for my event.

The room service was quick and the food was very good. Staff at the front desk was very friendly.

Browse Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh traveller photo gallery