Reviews of Wyndham Kingsgate 3 stars

#34 of 77 hotels in Williamsburg

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Great rooms
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It's a scam! The property "gives" you 120.00 in meal vouchers. And"asks" that got you come to their FREE breakfast. If you don't go to the breakfast, they charge your card $ 120.00 for the vouchers. This is larceny!!

Great rooms

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

I dont like the pressure to take the time share presentation...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I dont like the pressure to take the time share presentation as soon as you check in the trybto force you to take this tour snd they keep you there holding your parking pass hostage until you agree or get angry.

Nice place - rooms were on the larger side. Kitchenette was great to help save money!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I found it so busy at night at the pool, they even had security. Not sure if that is all through the year or just right before school starts but I have never been at a pool that needed security.

Nice place - Everyone we spoke with seemed nice.

For me it was the best get away that was not to far from home
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Having to sit though a sale presentation

I like that everything was all on one place I came with my grandchildren and they had a great time swimming and playing video games

It was an average resort
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like that they didnt have more activities for kids

I wasnt to happy about the way they handled my reservation and I wish they would have made me feel more welcomed.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only complains were about the noises from the second floor. Pool for kids not to clean.

Location. Excellent play room area for kids. Rooms/apartment very spacious.

Good location close to shops are restaurants
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff was terrible. Had a terrible experience with their timeshare presentation. Was told it would be 90 min but turned in to 4 hrs of beeing pushed in to buying in. Advice, don’t fall for the gift certs, you have to sit through 4 hrs of torcher. We even had our 1 year okd baby and they would not let us leave. We lost half a day of vacation when it was supposed to be just 90 mins. Diamond is much better.

Good location close to shops are restaurants

The size of the suite.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Registration was about an hour, because they push the timeshare and credit vouchers on you. And the vouchers can not be returned if you change your mind.

The size of the suite.

Relaxation
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

For children this is the most Comfortable place they have everything from arcades the Mini golf Indoor Outdoor pool Blu-rays in games for indoor family night Staffing excellent very polite Too much to list if you have a family You owe it to yourself to try this Place

Overall great experience.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Shower took a long time to warm up the first night. The staff came and fixed it and it was fine the second night. We were a little unknowingly wet up for a timeshare meeting the last day.

Room was a 2 bedroom. Very spacious. Having a second bathroom was helpful when getting ready in the morning and after coming back from waterpark. Kids really enjoyed the extra space.

Good stay. Refuse the gifts though
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not enough towels, and no one answers the desk phones. The 90 minute seminar that was offer to get the perks turned into 4 hours and running my credit so I wouldn't be charged $80.00 for the perks giving to sit through a 90 min seminar on the day I was taking the kids to Busch Gardend. Bummer 4 hours wasted when kids could have been in the park.

The pools, the game room. The convience of getting to my room from the pool area with kids was only a 3 minute walk. The bed was comfy room was clean kids loved every bit of it.

That it took me about 2 hours to check in because the staff...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

That it took me about 2 hours to check in because the staff said I didn’t pay when the money came out my account smh.... But after that everything went ok but it couldn’t been better!!!

I didn’t not like them trying to tell me I needed to sit...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t not like them trying to tell me I needed to sit through a sales pitch due to booking online. I had told them there was nothing about us sitting a listening to a sales pitch. Very upsetting. After that no issues.

We had great relax vacation time ever thank you

Location and staff

Great place for families and location best place we ever stay close to shopping plazas and great food places building and units were clean and comfortable staff were very friendly and security Staff were always around make us comfortable and safe one off the best resort.

No interest in Timeshares
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Sales pitch for timeshares. Towels. Provided but not automatically. They didn't like it that I booked through Booking.com

Clean well maintained, well staffed. Very nice amenities.

Upon check in Marketers haggle you into attending a...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Upon check in Marketers haggle you into attending a timeshare seminar. You pretty much feel like you have to go out they won’t let you stay there. Check in took over 40 mins and my family of 6 had been driving for 12 hours!

It was very nice
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I do not like that you have to go to the concierge desk to get your parking pass. We arrived at very late at night only to check in and then have to go to the concierge desk. All we wanted to do is get our room key and get to bed. Instead we have to listen to the reproductive try to sign us up for a time share tour. We have been there done that way too many times. We also know that if you tell them no we are not interested they will keep pressuring you to go on the tour and keep throwing free things your way. After we agreed it was 20 mins before she let us go. We did not get to our room until 11pm. We ended up canceling the tour the next day which pissed them off but oh well. I was there to relax and enjoy my family. Next time I will just tell the no we are not interested in a timeshare tour at check in.

I like the activity at the resort.

AWESOME!!!!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I did not like when I was asked to attend a meeting at Wyndam Governor's Green for the rewards program. Yes it is about points, but they still pressure you into investing into the property. It is the still the same when I came in 2014 for my honeymoon stay. The pressure is not good. They may seem to be good offers that they are offering, but it is alot of pressure to the guest. So that is something that I would rethink on that part. When you come for a vacation, it should just be a vacation to enjoy.

When I checked in the customer service was awesome. Everyone was very friendly. And that shows a lot of class. My overall experience was good. I would recommend the resort to all my relatives and friends to everyone.

We keep coming back. Wyndham is always our first choice
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I end up bringing my own coffee. The brand that you offer in the units is aweful

It’s located in a quite, beautiful setting. Our unit was a perfect size (luxury/deluxe 2 bedroom) and had everything thing we needed. It was less expensive then a hotel too!!!

Room was spacious, nice amenities such as game room, indoor...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We could hear every single noise from the room above. The washer/dryer in the unit about us sounded like a herd of elephants. When we were leaving, I lifted the bed skirt to make sure we hadn’t left anything. There were crumbs and a wristband from the previous guest that has not been vacuumed.

Room was spacious, nice amenities such as game room, indoor pool

Comfortable
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Checking in included a long sales pitch to buy a vacation rental. It was very irritating and when I said no they kept questioning me about why not. I had to be rude to get my point across that I was not interested. It was not a great way to starting off my stay.

It was Inexpensive and close to everything. It was also a very easy check out process.

Overall this is a great place to stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bathroom in the master bedroom had an awkward design. The sink area was very small and left little room for toiletries. The walk in shower was just way too big for the tiny bathroom. The water didn't get very hot either.

The beds were king size and very comfortable. The living and dining areas were spacious. All dishes and cookware are provided in addition to cleaning supplies. Lots of fun stuff to do onsite. There is a mini movie theatre and two game rooms in the activities area as well as 18 hole putt putt golf, indoor and outdoor pools and tennis courts. All of this is free. 🙂

Deception: The Wyndham Way
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We checked in and were bombarded with a ton of info when we just went to receive a parking pass so besides being ignores for the first 10 minutes by the front desk, the check-in process itself took almost an hour telling us about a 90 minute presentation to attend at breakfast on our check day in exchange for food vouchers. We were exhausted and confused about the vouchers so my husband called and asked if we didn’t use them, could we just turn them back in. They said no, we were locked in to use them and attend the presentation (because it was one of the sly pieces of paper they had us sign at registration.) Check-out day comes and I have a chronic illness - - I was up all night and morning very sick with fever and vomiting. I wanted to respect the property and other guests so I stayed behind while my husband went to the presentation. * Word of advice: in tiny print on the bottom of one of the 50 pieces of paper you’re handed and asked to signed, it says that you and your spouse MUST attend together although this was not told to us verbally. They sent my husband away after he explained I was very sick because I was not there and said they would charge us the $90 for the vouchers. As he was driving back, I called the front desk that directed me to the sales department. I didn’t get a name but the young lady I talked to laughed at my illness like I was just making an excuse. When I politely asked if there was someone else I could speak with, she smirked and said “not anyone that will change policy just for you” and hung up on me. This is after they called the room phone that morning 6 times starting at 7:30 AM when the breakfast didn’t start until 8:45 AM and called my cell 3 times as well. My husband arrived back to the room, I threw on clothes and we went to the front desk who promptly sent us to the concierge. I explained my condition, offered to provide a note from my specialist, etc. only to be told that again there’s nothing they can do about “policy.

We really enjoyed the amenities on the property as well as the surrounding area. It’s very close to numerous restaurants as well as Busch Gardens and Water Country.

4th Time Here,And It Keeps Getting Better
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing. It's nice,clean,and very professional there. Business as usual.

I just love being there. It's a great place to get away from a major city,and to see some history,get some good food,and quality time with family.

Great place to stay except for the sales pitch.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Too much sales pressure. A real turn off. I would be sure to warn anyone I know before making a reservation. Fortunately, the good qualities of the resort overshadowed the pushy sales person,

Roomy. Very comfortable. Good location.

Decent
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The indoor pool was small for all the property they have they need more games or bigger space to accommodate more games for all those people when they are booked and last but not least the room was nice but everything was either loose or very worn for something that was just updated not to long ago

It was a size of the rooms

Overall, the family enjoyed the holiday stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Don't tell you about an extra $100 deposit required when staying, old a six dollar a day charge or access. If you don't have the deposit, they require you to get a prepaid, and they won't take cash as deposit. My room garbage deposit in the sink was not clean. The room had a fouled smell when entered! The overall room was fair, though!

The game room and hot tub worked this time!

Wonderful, private, clean & fun.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing. Everything was great. Would have been nice if a small cafe was there with great coffee. We would have definitely eaten breakfast & lunch there before we went out to visit the area.

Everything was up to date, CLEAN. Large challenging Putt-Putt. Large play area with swings & slides for the kids. Pools were great-1 inside heated, 1 outside heated and 1 outside unheated. Nice exercise room along with 2 arcade rooms for teens. Free movie theater for the kids. Gated- which made it private & quiet & we felt safer staying there. Also reasonable priced.

The pushy people who tried to sell time shares.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The pushy people who tried to sell time shares. Very miss represented. Would not take no for an answer. Went well over the 90 min we were told. Love the property, leave the sales part off or at least let people know they do not have to attend!!

Overall we were only in the room to sleep and it was comfortable. We
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

There is no assigned parking so we could not park in the area where we stayed. The hallway had a heavy fish smell the whole time we were there and they stored the extra linens for the whole unit in bags on the floor outside our room .

The room was comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly.

Awesome 👏 when your with good people, family and friends things mentioned are minor.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The carpet was stained in one of the units; the coffee pot didn’t work in one of the units

The overall property upkeep is well maintained. The location is perfect for a girls weekend.

So much fun stuff for the kids to do!

Beds were very firm.

So much fun stuff for the kids to do! We loved the arcade, put put, and roasting marshmallows on the firepit at night. It's also very nice to have so much space and a full kitchen when traveling with kids.

Great place to stay but check in need to be streamlined.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Checking in was a nightmare, been riding all day and we were tired. I stood at the check in desk for 20 minutes before being waited on. After checking in I was told I need to get a parking pass. I stood and waited an additional 20-30 minutes. All that time my wife was sitting on our motorcycle we were traveling on. Finally after it was my turn to get my parking pass I was pressured to listen to all the special DEALs they had for me, Way too long, way too difficult to check in

We really liked the value for the accommodations.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It would be nice to have a lamp on both sides of the bed in the smaller of the condo's two bedrooms. There is not enough floor space for a floor lamp or table, but maybe a swing-out wall lamp would be a good solution.

We really liked the value for the accommodations.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Check in could of been a little smoother.

The overall atmosphere was very nice.The view of the lake from my my balcony was very nice bonus. Family friendly the kids loved the game room. Needs to updated but overall a great time.

Less than fun.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property / booking.com would not give me a senior discount of 10%. They did give me a sales pitch on timeshares when I checked in. Arrogant, insensitive, and no sense of what good customer service should be.

The room we booked through booking.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The room we booked through booking.com was really a bit small for us. I'm not sure whether there were other options, but it would have been nice to be able to see some.

Fun

Restaurant was closed.

We had a handicap room for a member of our party. He is completely wheelchair bound and could get into every portion of the room. It was the perfect handicap room!!!!

All in all I would return to this property.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The Resturant on site was closed. That was disappointing. No lifeguards at the pools. The master bathroom was extremely small.

Nice place. Everything was right there so you could walk everywhere. Lots of local restaurants deliver food so you never have to leave the property if you don't want to

We were not happy on paying over $250 a night .
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The 90 minutes presentation turned out to be 3 hours, the kids were not happy to get up early for that then we had to be up so early the next day to leave cause check out is at 10 am or they will charge you for it. This trip was supposed to be to relax and it turned out not to be that way , it's wasn't fun getting up so early on a Saturday for a sales pitch that we felt very pressured , we should've went went a cheaper hotel.

Nice family vacation spot
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Sales pressure from the time share staff was not appreciated.

Enjoyed the pools - great place to relax with the kids. We also enjoyed the crafts and entertainment for the kids.

Beds were very comfortable.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking is unassigned - gets very crowded in the evenings.

Beds were very comfortable. Layout was great for our family. Loved having laundry in the unit.

My stay was fine just the registration problem.

Registration was a problem at check in and check out. We was told one thing on phone and when we arrived it was a problem and I think the check in person put my sister and family on the 3rd floor on purpose.

My

Perfect family weekend!! (Our kids are 3 and 5)
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Several of the video games weren't working.

Loved all the choices for the kids...swing set, pools, mini golf, video games! The parking was right out front which was great for loading and unloading. Nice and quiet! They have a whole DVD library that you can borrow from! We were so excited because the kids were able to pick a movie to give us some downtime! We will absolutely come again!

Very nice. We will stay again
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was bothered by the family who stayed above us. The kids were running and stomping by 9am every morning.

I most enjoyed being able to buy our food and cook. We saved a fortune by not eating out the whole time.

Location great....but timeshare spill bad
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Should have known not to do the timeshare spill they sold you on it by saying it wasn't a one on one but it was a one on one and typical

Location was good close to colonial Williamsburg and resteraunts

Awesome Accomedations
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I can honestly say I don't have any complaints. Will definitely stay here again!

The place was beautiful and comfy. We loved that our building was real close to the pool. Everything was so clean and the people were so friendly. The staff was very helpful. We loved that we were able to get into our place even though we were an hour early. We even called for ice and they brought us 2 bags.

Caution
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

They never returned phone calls about double charging me and tried to say I didn't pay but my bank statement shows they took the money out the day before I arrived they still have not returned my security deposit and have caused me a lot of stress during what was supposed to be a relaxing vacation they also blamed the whole mess on booking.com making the statement that they have had problems in the past when people book through this site they told me they would get a hold of booking.com and the manager has yet to call or email me three weeks later I am going to be consulting a lawyer about what to do next I believe someone there may have charged me the second time to pocket the money I suggest being very cautious when booking through a third party site

Nice indoor area for kids including arcade pool and movie theater

Awesome girls getaway!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

yoga, bingo, free game room, new mattress , renovation to baths and furniture was well needed. Glad to see up keep is being maintained. Like the wood swing by check in. movie nights re great.

Awesome community, great amenities. great location! Will be back soon. Have recommended a family member that will be traveling there in August!

Good location but beware of the time share presentation.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like that I kept getting called to go to a 90 minute presentation on something I'm not interested in. No where did it mention when I booked my room that there was a presentation that needed to be attended. My advice just eat the $30 charge for the dining pass they give you as a "gift" or don't get it at all. I'm on vacation I don't want to sit and listen to people try to sell me a time share and vacations.

It was very close to water country USA and Busch gardens. It was also close to restaurants and shopping.

The pond with turtles, and the deer that came to visit in...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The kitchen was more like an efficiency. Possibly could have had a pantry. Perhaps a ceiling fan in the bedroom.

The pond with turtles, and the deer that came to visit in the cove near the pond. I love nature.

Excellent time was had by all !!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The suite was large, clean and ideally located to the pool and reception center. We drove to the Williamsburg Visitor center, which took about 5 minutes, and then rode the provided buses to the historical village. There is an excellent restaurant within walking distance called the Smokehouse. Best barbeque we have EVER eaten !!!

Weekend Getaway
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like how housekeeping didn't stop by my room while my family and I were out for the day.

The resort was safe and very family friendly.

Great stay, a little tweaking recommended.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Could have used a small vacuum in room for crumbs. More attention to the balcony cleaning, the refrigerator had water pooling in the bottom.

Location to attractions, the beautiful grounds, size of the rooms, tv channels, indoor and outdoor pools, activities on sight, and friendly staff. Our building could have used some outside power washing d/t excess pollen and leaves on the balcony and furniture.

Great place to Stay!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Water pressure in our unit totally sucked. There was a crack in the bathroom floor that made noises when we walked on it. This unit really needs to be looked at & repaired! Would like to recommend a late night timeframe where only the adults could hang out in the pool area. Experienced several young folks screaming and acting crazy which caused for us to pack up and leave early. We really didn't get to enjoy the pool as much as we'd like to.

All that they had to offer. Just wish the weather was cooperative! Ugh!

Very relaxing
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't like the huge box and linen in the hall way the whole time we were there. A bit of an eye sore and not a good first time impression.

The Bed / Facility was very nice.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Kingsgate offers great accommodations for the price!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I liked how private the condos were, situated in little clusters with ample, close parking. The bed linens were of high quality. The mini golf was an added attraction.

Good overall, but avoid the time share class.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't like the employee being persistent that we sign up for the "educational class". She tried to make us feel bad when I cancelled the class. The bed offered no support which made my back hurt every day I was there.

It was relatively close to everything.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Very stressful stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Our room was vandalized by housekeeping staff. Pressure in attending their wyndam presentation and shaming behavior directed at us when we didnt want to buy into the ownership program. Overall a very stressful stay

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

When you want the perfect getaway.

Hot tub is seasonal.

On check-in the staff from the guard at the gate were friendly and proessional. The unit was amply stocked with every convenience of home and impeccably clean. We enjoyed all of the amenities while there; game room, theater, crafts, swimming pool and tennis courts.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

wonderful stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

long wait for games at gameroom. mayb impose a time limit for players. some kids stayed on games all evening.

beds were very comfortable. lodging was huge. great for a family of five- we had the 2 bedroom apartment. lots of activities.

The room size was excellent.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The "hard sell" by staff there was a major put off. They were very pushy to the point of not even listening to anything you had to say. To cap things off, our room wasn't even ready (it was already 6 pm) and all we wanted to do was rest after traveling. The last night we heard a constant mechanical thumping all night coming through one of the air vents. It was obviously either outside or an apartment next door but the result was we all had a tough night sleeping.

The room size was excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

How close the facility was to colonial Williamsburg.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

This is a time share property and I was bombarded AS SOON as I got there after traveling in the car for hours. Didn't like the strong push to become a timeshare holder and bribed into a dinner. Just not something I was looking to experience while on my vacation. Had I known that was going to be the case, I wouldn't have moved forward with this lodging choice.

How close the facility was to colonial Williamsburg.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Loved it and will return.

Their were ants in the bedroom I slept in. This never happened before.

I liked the pool and activity building was in walking distance. I also liked the bedrooms minus the ants. Love this place. Everything about this place is great would return and recommend.

Stay was quite nice.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Check in was excessively slow as booking.com had listed wrong dates. I had phone copy and printed copy to verify my dates. Took almost 45 minutes to fix.

NA

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

It was Good and Bad.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had great service by everyone until our last night. The security guard at the gate was so rude it ruined our whole trip. (She) was horrible!!

Customer service. Friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Total relaxation!!!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We liked everything about the resort. They have the most comfortable mattresses out of all the places we have stayed. We slept thru the night its just like being at home.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Will come again
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room smelled like smoke even though it was a non smoking room. Our neighbors upstairs were noisy.

I loved that the kitchen was fully equipped. The game room for my six year old was awesome. It was close to everything! It was big enough to accommodate our family of 5.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Provide extra linens in unit.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I resented the lengthy unwanted sales pitch when we arrived after a long drive to get here with family if five waiting in the car. We also did not have a blanket for the sofa bed or enough towels for the fifth person.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Not a great experience
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

This so called resort property ranked among the most disappointing ever in my travel history... There were literally no redeeming qualities other than a good location.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

I would definitely recommend this place in Williamsburg especially to those with children.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We reserved a single bedroom suite. The bed was small and a bit uncomfortable

Accommodations were located very close to the Historic sites we wanted to see.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Nice suite with 2 bedrooms.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nice suite with 2 bedrooms.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Loved all the activities for the kids
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Check in too a little longer to get attended

Loved all the activities for the kids

Staff was inconsistent with message.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Staff was inconsistent with message. Grounds staff very helpful but front desk was inconsistent and different message to same question.

great beds
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No basketball court, no stove, dvd player should be on every tv

great beds