Reviews of Wyndham Midtown 45 4 stars

205 East 45th Street, Midtown East, New York, NY 10017, USA

#371 of 415 hotels in New York

Bell hops were very helpful; check-in was delayed and duvet cover was dirty once we got our room. No daily service; had to ask for towels

Bell hops were very helpful; champagne and wine/cheese were a plus.

First they tried to put me in a room for a disabled person. When I reached the room and saw the situation I complained and required they switch me. I mean really? Second they moved me to a room next to a family of five including three screaming children and a newborn. The new born screamed 24 seven and the walls are paper thin. I told them to move one of us and they did nothing. I have two TVs in my room neither one worked. I complained three times before someone finally came up and resolved the problem. There is no maid service in the hotel and you were expected to use the same set of paperthin towels for your iEntire stay no matter how long. When I checked out they were unable to give me a bill of what I have been charged for my stay. The alleged manager is a kid who has no knowledge of the hotel business customer service or anything else and was completely useless

I didn't like they had no vending machine, and no microwave in the rooms, and you had to go all the way to the 33rd floor for ice.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

Didn’t expect to be confronted with sales pitch for time share opportunity. Was only told after registering that this was not a regular hotel. Therefore we had to call desk to request new towels, trash was not collected, or bathroom cleaned during our stay. This information needs to be conveyed with booking.

Bed was very comfortable. Place was clean though cramped for two people. Roll out table was very helpful.

no one told me when i checked in that the hotel is a time share - unless you stay 7-10 days there is no housekeeping- you can ask for garbage pickup and clean towels etc. - the 2x i asked no one came

• One-Bedroom Suite

The first day the elevator was broken so we had to take the elevator to one floor up and come down to the room. They repaired the elevator one day after.

Larger than the other hotel rooms with the same price. Comfortable room with kitchenette. Nice view on the top 33 floor.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Upon our arrival at Wyndham 45 I felt we had been mislead by the information provided by booking.com. Especially since I had changed my reservation. I expected a hotel, but we were told our room was an apartment that got rented out to the public as a timeshare. After we had checked in, we were exhausted from travelling and they tried to get us to go to a timeshare presentation. There was no daily cleaning and fresh towels, things that one might enjoy at a hotel and although the staff was excellent, I would have paid more to stay at an actual one. Booking.com needs to be more forthcoming with the information they provide.

Location is decent, restaurants close by, staff was friendly. Large room that was well-kept.

Great location, great and very nice staff. Thank you for letting me in the room earlier than the check in time and keeping baggage in the baggage room. It helped a lot because I love to explore the city and it worked perfectly for me.

• Studio Suite

this was a rip-off scheme to invest in ownership of the time-share! once you arrive the marketing staff spend a long time explaining that you can attend a two hour presentation and was given a voucher for entertainment worth 200 but when I went to the exact address (777 8th Ave) to claim it there was actually no office. they have also preauthorized my visa card for 20 although they told me the card will be used mainly as an identification! I informed the staff how upset I was, again no action taken. another thing the hotel immediately charged my ticket for the entire duration which usually does not happen in case I want to leave after the first night.

location, spacious room, comfortable bed and clean

• Studio Suite

Hard sell attempt to sign us up for their timeshare presentation breakfast.

Location, location, location, midtown with access to all types of transportation. Staff goes above and beyond to add personal gestures of kindness and helpfulness. Kitchenette was well stocked.

No breakfast :(

The room was clean and quiet something really hard to find in NYC. I had a great night of sleep. I will come back next time I am staying in NYC.

Minor issue - Bathroom fixtures were not friendly in room 1007. 1. Sink valves were hard to mix cold and hot. 2. Toilette button was hard to push. 3. Shower mixing valve was strange and insured you would get a blast of cold water before you began your shower.

• One-Bedroom Suite

HVAC in the room did not work effectively. Movies on demand NEVER worked, despite a call to the front desk who promised to send an engineer (who never came). Staff were loud in the hallways during the day; lots of banging/clanging/doorslamming. Did not appreciate the aggressive sales pitch on check-in from a representative who asked lots of personal details without explaining why.

The suite was large and the kitchenette was well-stocked for my purposes. The refrigerator/freezer was large and very useful (icemaker inside).

• One-Bedroom Suite

The only complaints I have are: 1. I was not aware that this was a time share property until arrival. I was led to believe that we HAD to go to the presentation where pressure was applied in An attempt to get us to purchase. 2. The only thing missing was a broom and dustpan. The room was perfect that would be my only request since they do not have daily cleaning.

The condo was perfect.. very spacious.. awesome price... staff was very friendly and helpful. I am from NY so I visit often and this was by far the best accommodations. Great location!

• Studio Suite

Bed was uncomfortable, coffee maker didn’t work, and the shower was strange - hard to get in and out. Would have been nice to have a breakfast bar available in the roof garden. The wine get together was so crowded we had to leave.

Staff were very nice

The bed was like a cloud. The rooms are specious. Studio and one and two bedroom suits has kitchen. Nice business center and owner's launge. It has its own laundry room. The staff is nice and friendly. Especially we liked the supervisor Marina. She is the best. Beautiful lady from Moldova who approached us with the highest service possible. We really enjoyed our stay! Thank you!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Would have been nice if there was a bar / eating place in- house but loads of places right on doorstep so not a problem.

Good size accomodation in good location with really comfortable bed and good shower

• One-Bedroom Suite

Wasn't too crazy about the bathroom. I could do without the tv in the bathroom. Had to move the shower head up in order to not get scalded and then adjusted the temperature and put shower head back in place. The sink was too close to the shower.

I liked the location. I liked the room space.

Not a real hotel. It was a time share so expect no maid service. I found this to be not a problem. I just asked for clean towels on day 3. No ice bucket in rooom but you can call for one. There is coffee and tea available in the lobby as well as flavored water. The roof top deck was nice. Great view! A time share person did take up a few minutes of my time to try to get to attend an information breakfast. I kindly declined because I had plans every morning. Time share staff is present everyday but they are not pushy.

Roof top patio, close to activities

• One-Bedroom Suite

During the welcome stage, there is a commercial initiative going on about proposing time sharing for those apartments. Their methods are a little bit deceptive and very pushy. They represent themselves as Hotel staff (which they might be, I'm not sure) and are proposing touristic advices and a complementary breakfast. This would be OK if that was not so sneaky and pushy.

The staff was courteous, helpful, always smiling and calm, even in rush period. The lobby and the rooms have obviously been recently built or refurbished and everything looks good, clean and new. The room was surprisingly large, per New York standards, and in line or better than what had been advertised. Overall, a very good experience

• One-Bedroom Suite

If you need to do clothes washing have a lot of spare time. The washing machines are usually always being used, but the lifts for some reason take forever to stop at the third floor. One afternoon waiting for 10 mins. Turning the shower on was a little bit of a squeeze due to the position of the sink and shower doors.

The rooms were very self sufficient and easy to use. The room we booked had a seperate bedroom/lounge room which was awesome for the four of us and big for New York standards!

Large mix up with the payment upon check in due to a problem with the hotel's card system caused me to be charged twice for the same room. Severely strained my budget, and the staff was very unhelpful and took a long time to figure out what was going on and then fix it. Now, four days out I still haven't been refunded

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

They didn't clean up the room during the weekend I spent there. The reason was because the hotel was full (?!) Check in time is very late and check out very early.

Paid top dollar for this hotel (peak week), and just didn't feel I received my money's worth, due to being given a small room directly across from the elevator on a low floor. Very noisy. I imagine if you're an "owner" your treatment would be a lot better.

Very nice facilities with a very friendly staff. Room was comfortable with up-to-date amenities.

• One-Bedroom Suite

I feel completely deceived; I thought I was booking a room at a 4-star hotel property in Midtown, and when we arrived, discovered the hotel is a big timeshare scheme. After a long drive up from DC with a baby, they wouldn't even let us up into our room without first trying to sell us a timeshare and enroll us in their sales breakfast. And they called us in our room again during our trip to try to get us to sign up again. There was no housekeeping to tidy our room while we were out, and our shower/tub did not drain (my husband had to fix it on his own). The elevators were slow, and the valet was expensive for the area and property class. I will not stay here - or with any other Wyndham - again, for fear of being bait-and-switched into another timeshare sales pitch.

Liked having a separate living room space from the bedroom, with bathroom accessible from either. Good for traveling with a group.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing negative to report. Room was clean and nicely appointed.

We stayed in a 1 BR suite. Nice room, clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels. Lots of space. Loved having kitchen and although we didn't use it, the livingroom had a pull out couch and there were extra blankets/pillows in the closet. Easy to get around NYC from this location, close to Grand Central Station and not a bad walk to Times Square if you don't feel like taking the subway. Lots of restaurants and shops in the immediate area. Staff was helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. Will definately stay here again on our next trip in a couple months.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The room was a bit shoddy and oddly designed. I felt like I was in a handicap-accessible room. I wasn't given a receipt when I checked out, even though I asked for one. I now have to call and follow up to get a copy for my records.

Check-in was quick and easy.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Queen Beds

The stay was rude when we came to drop off our bags but I don't blame them too much it was very busy and hectic there mid-day. It would have been nice if they had breakfast of some sort.

The room was great and very clean, and definitely great value for the money!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Queen Beds

I found the price to be a little steep, there was no Breakfast included in the price and I also think they could've offered you complimentary meal on a 3 night or more stay!

The nice big beds... the hotel staff were very Friendly also...

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

We booked based on the location, photos and the fact that the hotel stated on the site that it had just undergone a renovation. The location is fantastic but the hotel is very basic. Our room was large and clean but definitely had not been renovated. The bathroom looked like it had been recently re tiled, however the bedroom was very tired and dated. We didn't sit on the leather couch as there were marks all over it, curtains were marked and the headboard had wear and tear, the furniture and room overall was dated and worn - nothing like the pictures unless they were taken around 10 years ago. Additionally, we were celebrating our engagement (which I did stipulate in the booking as the hotel asked) but it wasn't acknowledged at all. Beware the room has no tea/coffee making facilities or fridge and the hotel does not have a restaurant/breakfast area.

Excellent location, easy reach of Empire State, Times Square and Central Park. Staff were welcoming and friendly, nice communal areas and a safe neighbourhood.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

I don't really do reviews, but feel so strongly about my experience, I have decided to do a review on this occasion. This was a holiday to celebrate my 50th birthday and my husband and I spent lots of time researching hotels to find one that we felt met our needs, we picked a hotel that averaged €230 per night. We travel regular and are not over fussy, but like a clean & comfortable room. When checking into the hotel it was late (23:40), we were expecting a deluxe king room and the photos and review were good. So when we went to the room, to say we were disappointed was an understatement. Poor decor, old and odd furniture and dirt awaited us. I immediately went to the reception and requested another room, but was informed they did have one. Staff were friendly enough and apologised. They said the hotel was in the process of renovating and the room I was given was not a newly renovated room and was in need of upgrading. I asked if there was any other solution or room, after speaking with management I was told that there wasn't. I felt disappointed that the staff did not appear bothered by my upset. Given the lateness in hour and the fact we were shattered by travelling 16 hours, we stay the one night, but would check the following morning.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Room very small with little room between furniture. No ice machine or even a fridge in the room. Furniture and walls need attention. Small pillows on bed. Looked like cupboard doors had been removed and hinges left in place. Probably because the room was so small and bed was next to them. We were told that the hotel was under refurbishment but this was not reflected in the price.

Good central position of hotel. Great bar next door. Very nice rooftop terrace. Room equipped quite well but for absence of a fridge. Bed comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The humming noise all thru the day and night, have 2 technician come to the room to inspect the noise, i feel like the staff didnt give me any options when i gave my complaint hopefully i get some sort of compensation when I speak to management.

Location and the politeness

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The staff at the hospitality desk need some classes in hospitality. The friend I was traveling with was an owner's guest... We stopped to ask a question... Three of them, so consumed in conversation with each other. Absolutely no acknowledgement by them! The ring leader seems to be the woman that wears the "Captain's Hat". No ice machines, you have to call for ice and then wait for it to arrive. No coffee pots in the hotel rooms... Have to go to the lobby, it's nice to have coffee while getting ready. No glasses in rooms, only plastic cups! At those rates, glass should be provided. The worst is a 10:00 am check out! Most hotels have a 12:00 noon or 1:00 pm.... But 10:00 am is still morning ! I will never stay at that hotel again !

The Front desk check in staff were great ! Loved the location!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

The location is perfect very close to the Saudi Consulit which I needed to go to . There were a couple of healthy & organic places to eat from around the hotel & the room had an empty fredge which we used ..My two boys were very comfortable although changing routine is not very easy for them . The staff were very friendly .

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

I was initially given an unpleasantly dark room at the bottom of a light well. It was also one of the rooms they haven't yet refurbished. When I complained about it, however, the staff were great and upgraded me to a corner room on the 10th floor with views down 3rd Avenue.

The location was great, just a couple of blocks from Grand Central.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing special. However, one night the fire alarm was ringing in the early morning (maybe 3am or 4am), then fire engines came to our hotel. After all, the alarm was false. But we needed more explanation from the staff.

The staff memebers were very friendly and eddificient. Especially, the room mades were great. They did perfect jobs for our stay. We will come back in the near future.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Staff missed cleaning the room one day. Only 'minimal' correction when mentioned in the evening when arriving back. Was apologised for next day.

Great location close to Grand Central and Times Square, 5th Avenue shopping, etc

• Double Room with Two Queen Beds

We did not like the facility itself. It was undergoing renovations so space was cramped for checking in. It also is considered a timeshare resort which we did not know, so staff were catering to guests that held timeshares to sell them upgraded units in the Wyndham family. These timeshare owners were receiving perks that were not available to the non-timeshare guest(s). The bathroom was small with one sink and there was a tv in it which was very unnecessary. The lighted makeup mirror that was on top of a bureau unit should have been in this space. There was an old, narrow faux leather couch that was not even functional. Very dated and in need of some sprucing up!

I liked the friendliness of the staff hailing cabs and accommodating us with suggestions for saving money for services during rush hour traffic.

• Double Room with Two Queen Beds

Non like the pictures on this site long overdue renovation furniture with lots of useful lockers

Good location owners lounge is a bonus i liked free laundry room Room was specious

• Deluxe Queen Room

A couple of things to improve: Staff insisted for another credit card claiming the one I handed had been declined four times -I asked them to please ensure they were entering info correctly - turned out they were not entering the right expiry date. When I went back to ask them again, initial response from a second staff member was the card was not good - so had to insist and explain she should look at the expiry date... The phone in the room was ancient and tricky to work out - I was not receiving calls from reception... it never got fixed Lobby currently under renovations, so a bit messy, but temporary (until Aug 2016)

On the plus side, it has nice spacious room, top floors have fantastic manhattan view, the owner's lounge upstairs is pleasant wtih full view of Chrysler tower just across (although the lounge is small- and not sure open to all guests). Friendly staff Amish market (my old time favorite for coffee, food on the go and grocery shopping) just across the road

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Studio Suite

- services: unfriendly receptionist, although doormen are exceptionally nice and helpful. Couldn't get real info on transport, things to do from receptionist. Plus she blocked more money than the total stay on the credit card without even informing us. Internet not working on the last day so we had to call for a new code. Also no info from their side although they were aware that we need a new code. Wanted to send postcards and they don't even have stamps as a supposedly 4 star hotel - !!! Timeshare !!! they woke us up by a call at 09h15! to tell us we get a free breakfast. When we went down to confirm the breakfast it turns out that there is NO free breakfast because we should attend a 90 minutes timeshare sales presentation to have it.(were also promised some "gift vouchers" and whatsoever and were supposed to leave a credit card as "deposit" and we ll get all back) This is a joke, seriously. Waking us up in the room just to lie to us! Fortunately we knew what timeshare means so no way we would accept. But some people don't know, it is unacceptable and it shouldn't be allowed that they act as if they were a normal hotel when they re trying to rip off people that way. - Lounge: way too crowded and full of kids, couldn't profit from it at all - elevator: big problem with elevator, most times we had to wait 15-20 minutes. Also, it seems that half of the elevator capacity is always taken by their own employees. - construction: there is still construction work going on

stayed the second time there, first stay was great. Second one not, see also negative points. Nice room with nice view, good location

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Check in was really slow, there was lots of people waiting to check in however I think there was just a large influx of people that came all at the same time. When I checked in however our room was not ready even though check in was at 4 and we had arrived at 6!! The women that checked me in had also forgotten about me and the room so was left waiting for ages

We had a King size room and the room was so big! The bed was huge and really spacious. Usually hotel rooms in New York tend to be a bit small but ours was perfect

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

Many of the electrical outlets in room had covers hanging(dangerous). Fridge was not even plugged in, had to pull it out of cabinet to plug in then it didn't even work.

Very nice, friendly, & helpful staff. Nice view of city.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Whiles I check-in, because of jet lag, I feel bad even though, the staff were talking for a long time which I'm not interested in. I said " I don't need that information" but she forced to talk. A little bit tired.

We could get Apple, water, coffee all the time free. Staffs were friendly. Rooftop was stunning view. Near central station.

• Reviewed: 1 July 2016

There was construction work going on and we were not informed before arrival. We were offered a complementary breakfast and free gift to compensate but only if we handed over our credit card which we were not comfortable doing. you have to log in to the Wi-Fi every time you re- enter the room. The walls are thin so the rooms are quite noisy.

The rooms were cleaned every day, the staff were friendly and the hotel is in a good location.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

There was a renovation going on with every day another difficult route to entrr the hotel via a labyrint of corridors. Awful and not mentioned on the website of the hotel.

Location is OK

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

It is smelly in the room. I opened the window for hours and the smell did not go away. They said it is probably because of the filthy carpet, which hasn't been completely cleaned for 13 years and may have bugs in them!

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

It's one thing to let people know renovations, it's another thing when rooms are dumpy. Carpet stains. AC wasn't the coolest temp.. The fixtures were really outdated, some falling apart. TV in the bath room wasn't working. My parents are prem. members with Wyndham, stayed here with them but wish I could have used it again. I thought my room would be a lot nicer.

Beds and pillows are comfortable. Location is not bad at all. I was able to check in early and before leaving was able to have bags held after checkout. Staff was friendly and fast for a Friday late morning.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite

Service was unresponsive- we had called for extra pillows and towels on separate occasions and though they assured us they would be on their way, we were blown off twice. We made the reservation on line thinking it was a hotel, but when we got there, they told us the property was converting to a timeshare. There was only one trashcan in the whole suite (including the bathroom). There was a lot of construction going on in th hotel and the elevators were not working consistently. For what we paid, we were not impressed.

Tv in bathroom.

view from the window

cold juice in the common kitchen

It did not have wifi

Comfortable

No house keeping

Self contained

AJ Bautista was great, I suggest a raise for him

• Studio Suite

Felt some pressure about sitting through a seminar for time sharing.

Elevator slow

Shower a bit tricky

• One-Bedroom Suite

Excellent experience, room was huge, definitely would go back

There was not new towels everyday and no housekeeping during stay. Bed not made and no trash pick up

• One-Bedroom Suite

Loved everything about the property.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Spacious room, comfy bed and quiet. Good in room facilities.

Pressure tactics of staff to purchase time share and when not interested - very poor customer service

The air conditioner seemed to be temperamental at times.

The staff was super helpful and very nice!

• Studio Suite

wifi did not connect to all my devices

Internet bad connection

Bed was awsome

Tried to sell timeshare

Rooftop lounge

• Studio Suite

That room service never came to clean my room

The bed

There was no small fridge in the room and with no restaurant on site that's something I would like to have .

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Outside of our hall the entire sta was obstructed by a large hamper/trash cart.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Studio Suite

Staff was great. The little wine and cheese nights and hot cocoa and baileys moments they offered were very well appreciated.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Lights and furniture fixtures were broken.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Queen Beds

If the hotel charged for credit card fee, it should tell once booked the room.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great location in Midtown, and the price was very reasonable. Easy walking distance of the metro and plenty of places to eat nearby.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The sights were fabulous! People were helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Rooms are dated and tired. Not nearly as fresh as the photos.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Lovely lounge and balcony on the 33rd floor.

Browse Wyndham Midtown 45 traveller photo gallery