Reviews of Wyndham Vacation Resorts - Nashville 3 stars

2415 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214, USA

#96 of 162 hotels in Nashville

Huge Room, great view, great staff
    • One-Bedroom Condo

I have no complaints, This place is awesome!

These condos are beautiful and huge! Bring your clothes and some food and you are set. Everything else is already there. They have a nice pool, some picnic tables and a big playground. The staff was super nice. I've stayed here several times and have had a great experience every time.

It turned out to be a time share presentation and ruined a...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

It turned out to be a time share presentation and ruined a whole afternoon of our two day stay. Lightening hit the building and alarms went off for 20 minutes with no one telling us what was happening. Told 4 people we had no internet or tv and just smiled and politely apologized. Realizing it was the storm but no one addressed it. No temperature control in the room to regulate the AC. It was awful experience.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

No where did they say you had to sit through a time share presentation. Wasted 4 hours hours of a 24 hour trip. High pressure salesmen, and not given what was promised. Will not be using wydmham again if I could help it.

Time consuming check in process due to getting you scheduled...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Time consuming check in process due to getting you scheduled for a sales pitch to sell you Wyndham points. Also disappointed that I left behind an item of clothing and called same day to try to recover item. My fault for leaving item but dishonest cleaning staff did not turn in item to lost and found. Check and recheck your room before leaving.

Location and rooms are awesome!
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

Didn't like they try to get you to attend a sales session for a timeshare.

Very quiet, comfortable beds, separate bedrooms (2), 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen & washer & dryer! Plenty of places to eat near by. The Opry Mills Mall, Grand Ole Opry & Gaylord Opryland Hotel are just across the street. Shuttle bus to Downtown for a fee. Resort activities for adults and kids, pools-2 outdoor 1 inside.

• Two-Bedroom Condo

People above us were really loud. Bombarded by timeshare reps. When I'm on vacation I don't want to be bombarded by people trying to sell timeshares. These people make it to where you don't even want to go to the front desk.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Wonderful property, awesome amenities, and close to everything
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

We arrived and was given the wrong room from what I reserved. It was 2 adjoining 1 bedroom condos. And the one my parents were staying in already had someones things in it. (Clearly the room was already reserved by someone). So, there was a little hiccup, but it was resolved rather quickly and we were able to get the original room that was reserved.

We stayed in a huge 2 bedroom condo. It was wonderful. The beds were very comfy, the room was super clean. Wonderful kitchen with everything we needed. And it was nice being so close to Opry Mills mall, and lots of restaurants.

Too much pressure to attend rewards meeting. Called multiple times including 8:00 am
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

No insulation in ceiling. As first floor unit heard lots of loud walking and running upstairs

Bed most comfortable and that included mattress and pillows

Inconvenient time share resort, no facilities, no house maid nothing
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The hotel does not have any facilities for someone without a car. There is no restaurant, bar or breakfast. It self catering but with no shop on site. It is rubbish for a business man travelling with just a suitcase. The rooms are creaky and you can hear and are kept awake by the people upstairs. This is a timeshare resort and as such you have to be sold to for 20 minutes after check in.

Cheaper than Downtown. Close to Opryland. Outdated rooms. Timeshare salespeople
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Pushy sales people trying to sell the Wyndham timeshare model. After registering you are directed to another “team” to collect your parking voucher and info pack. Gave good local info then the sales pitch starts. “Come to our 90 minute seminar”....and on and on

Nice comfortable bed. Full cooking facilities.

Mj
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

They didn't tell us about taking 100 dollar hold on my card untill we got there a didn't like that if anything was wrong they could have charged us after that was my spending money.

The room was amazing it had everything we wanted. The pools were amazing. The staff were excellent and respectful.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

There was no cleaning service that we were aware of. Check in took a long time. I had to listen to a resort sales pitch for at least 15 minutes before they would give me my parking pass.

good location for entertainment nearby had a shuttle for...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

no elevator the 2nd and 3rd floor not fun dragging luggage up 2 flights of stairs

good location for entertainment nearby had a shuttle for downtown which was nice

Felt pressured at every interaction with staff.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Very aggressive sales staff for timeshare. Phone ringing off of the hook, even though we did not book through the resort...and had to pay $400US more for the exact same room as our friends, because we used Booking.com, rather than just calling Wyndham.

Comfortable

Disappointed!! I have stayed there before and it was much better maintained!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

A giant cockroach ran across the living room while I was watching TV. The room could have been cleaner. Attention to details and corners are needed. The outside was filthy. Just a simple hosedown of the exterior would make it appear cleaner. Spiderwebs and bee hives everywhere!!! Dirty sidewalks. The 'concierge' are nothing more than rude sales people trying to push timeshares VERY aggressively. When they knew I was not traveling with my husband, they immediately retracted their offers for lunch, gift certificates, etc, as if I don't eat or like to enjoy a nice perk. Their 'kindness' is SUPER SUPERFICIAL!!!

I liked the size of the unit. The bed was comfortable. Lighting was good.

Terrible experience, too crowded, rude staff....pressure.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Parking lots are incredibly small for the amount of traffic. Too many people, too little space. This is a resort and they will try and convince you to "buy in" by attending their one and a half hour sales presentation. After close to 3 hours and still not the gift they promised, the staff tried to make us out to be the bad guys. We waited them out, got the promised gift and will never stay at a Wyndam hotel again. All those people that are buying into Wyndam, are going to have to stay somewhere....the numbers show...all these resorts will be overcrowded...don't be fooled.

The grounds were kept nice and neat.

Location to getting on and off highway to get to areas was...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

For vacation resort club resort it was okay. Rooms, hallways and basic access areas needed cleaned up though. It was just little things that needed attention.

Location to getting on and off highway to get to areas was very nice. It was quiet and pleasantly set up. Also, there was no hard sell to sit in for one of their sales.

The property was nice, the people was awesome very close to...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The only thing I was not please with was the resort property taken money off our card before arriving to site. But other than that, it was really nice and the people was kind. Thank you for making our trip an enjoyable experience.

The property was nice, the people was awesome very close to the Gaylord convention center

Somewhat disgruntled
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The organization during registration. They made us go to another person under false pretenses to get our parking pass and it was a setup to get us to tour and buy a condo. After driving several hrs this is rude. Also received a phone call stating we were signed up for a breakfast for basically the same thing which we did not sign up for! Considered this harassing when all we wanted to do was relax and enjoy our one vacation!

The size of the condo and the layout of the buildings.

We liked nothing.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We asked several times to booking .com to be by the pool with a balcony and even waited an extra 7 hrs and they still didn't get us a view of the pool

We liked nothing. The staff was rude and unaccomidating!!!!!!

Great place to meet up with family and friends
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

Water pressure and volume for showers were very low. Took a long time to wash hair. Strange layout of kitchen cabinets (needed long arms to stretch over counter to get to plates and glassware).

The rooms were very comfortable. Easy access to pool. Free wi-fi.

Relaxing environment.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The pools were easily accessible & clean. My children enjoyed the ping pong table &water b-ball in the pool area. We used one of the gas grills provided outside the pool area & had a nice picnic lunch.

Close to Old Oprey and Gaylord Opreyland Resort.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Push for time share holds our room ransom. Room was "not ready", then we are pushed by a sales rep to sign up for 90 min time share meeting, after many times of saying we are not interested, finally we are released and our room is suddenly ready. I even read other reviews and was prepared, but they still delayed our checkin. Also, room needed updating, and i was told i was in a newly renovated building.

Location, size of room

Not too bad of a place
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

Our jet tub did not work in our room, and the chairs in the living room were not very comfortable. Other than that, the place was very nice and clean. The staff rushed our kids through one of the build a bear activities and it made them feel very uncomfortable.

Pool time was great. The room was very clean.

Good location for Grand Ole Opry
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Being a timeshare condo facility they had to push their "informative talks" Room had very small kitchenette,although well equipped could only make very basic meals Located 10 miles from downtown Cost of downtown shuttle $10 per person

Spacious accomodations with lots of closet space. Resort has daily optional activities There is a shuttle to downtown

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Horrible for women or business travelers. Get ready for sales pitch!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I will reach out to all Yelp and TripAdvisor and let them know how unaccomodating they are. I tried to cancel my last night due to a business constraint and they refused. I let them know on Monday for the Wednesday cancellation which should be plenty of notice. Never book there for business. Also the property isn't safe for women traveling alone. I was there one night alone and because it's separate buildings and the way it's set up, I was very uncomfortable. Last, there are no amenities-no convenience store, no food of Amy sort. The only set up specific timed events. Or you are expected to sit through their timeshare porch. Overall, I hated the place.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Great room, not so great amenities
    • One-Bedroom Condo

They were a resort destination but did not offer very many amenities. Online it said that they offered a breakfast but once we arrived we were told that was not true. They did not offer any food provisions on the property. I felt like that there was not much to do either with it being a resort.

The suite had plenty of room for my kids to run around. The kitchenette was very nice.

Harassment & False advertising. Pics show what we got! Small room !
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The room adv. On the pictures was not the room we were given. When we arrived we were asked to go to another desk for a parking pass. At this time a man named Mark introduced himself and informed us we were in the system under a vip status. He offered us $200 off our stay to meet for a 90 min. Session of something they offered to vip guests. We told him no numerous times & we finally demanded the parking pass an with him still talking my husband informed him we wanted to be left alone! We had come for our 23rd wedding anniversary. Upon arriving to the room it was clearly not what the picture showed that I had clicked to purchase, we asked to be moved an was told there were no rooms available.early the following morning we were AWAKENED..around 8am by the same man (mark) who once again insisted on giving us the $200 dollars to come to a session. Again my husband informed him we would not meet him and that we wished to be left alone. The man would not take no for an answer. We felt threatened and harassed. He never clearly stated what he wanted to meet with us about. And besides the way he talked to us in the lobby he was even more aggressive over the phone. We felt we were put in an uncomfortable situation an we unplugged the phone to the room and slept with the table an chairs against the door.I Took pictures of the room online and pictures of the room we were put in. The bedroom alone was smaller than any motel we have ever stayed in.we emailed booking.com to complain and are waiting a reply before we take any further action. We would like to be refunded our monly. And we would like someone to look into the employee to whom harassed us during our stay.There was absolutely no reason for the man to offer us money to meet him. Nor was there any reason in him not taking no for an answer an us being treated in this Manor at this establishment. We did not get the room that was advertised and we were very uncomfortable during our stay.

Beds were fine and air worked well

I liked that it is in a good area.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

That I was asked to sit in a 90 min information class on wyndham vacation that ended up wasting half of my day because they did want to hear no for answer when I didn't want to buy the package.

I liked that it is in a good area. Still a lot to do around you with out having to go downtown.

The washer and dryer in the room.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

What was not evident when making this booking was this is a time share accommodation. Upon checking in, we were billed $100 security deposit (which was held for a number of days after check out and I had to call about the refund) We were then directed to another staff member after the initial check in, where it was obvious that we would be in a situation to hear about a time share. Three hours after check in and in the middle of our show, I was called on my cell phone to say that someone would be in our room between 9-2 the next day to change the headboard in our room. We were only there for 2 nights so not sure why they would do this the morning after check in and why they would do this when the room is occupied. Check out is at 10 am and check in at 4 pm, why couldn't they have done this then? The cable TV is only basic so we had to go out to find the hockey game in a local pub. The shuttle service to the Grand Ole Opry is not free, there is a $10 charge per person and this is not close to anything within walking distance. It might be OK if you are a member of the time share and you want to stay here as a resort but I do not recommend this for the traveller looking for a hotel for a couple of nights.

The washer and dryer in the room.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Look elsewhere.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Upon reserving this room, we were told that we would have a patio where we could sit outside. This was not the case. Upon settling in, we requested the front desk rep to bring us a bag of ice as the ice maker was empty. It never arrived. Biggest complaint; The high pressure verbal barrage from the front desk staff to attend a time share sales presentation the following day. We were told that it would last 90 minutes, and it exceeded three hours, which caused us to miss a reservation we had made downtown. For comparison, we paid LESS to stay in a luxury golf & spa resort in Santa Barbara, California. Summary; dated room, zero view, very overpriced, rude staff. Never again.

The grounds & the pool area were nice.

Had to leave a day early because my confirmation email from...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Had to leave a day early because my confirmation email from booking.com said everything was paid and when I checked in I owed $500 that wasn't in my vacation budget. Happy with resort dissatisfied with booking.com

Great place to stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Our unit didn't have an elevator.

The bed was comfortable and roomy. The kitchen supplies were plentiful and the appliances were in impeccable condition.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great, but not EXCELLENT!!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Hot tub was far away from main pool, too far for this time of year. You only got complimentary breakfast if buying into timeshare, should be provided for guest regardless.

Couldn't tell, weren't offered any. Location was excellent.

If I had known the complex was based on timeshares I would...
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

If I had known the complex was based on timeshares I would have given it a wide birth. As I checked in I was promptly sent over to another desk where the staff put on a great well rehearsed show to get you to come to a "welcome breakfast" timeshare pitch. To say it got my back up is an understatement !!!

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Vacation Club steer clear!!
    • One-Bedroom Condo

I'm still getting calls about their vacation club. Throughout our stay we kept getting calls in our room. The placed reeked of smoke and was very outdated. Less then impressed and really sorry we stayed in a vacation club we just wanted to get away for a couple days not be hounded about their vacation club. After staying here and seeing the property wouldn't join anyway!!

The location is very close to The Grand Ole Opry and to the Outlet Mall. Only good thing we found

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Nice room, with modern appliances and jetted tub.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The staff had to shut down pool due to someone's baby feces in several pools. Thank goodness the property has four pools- can you say disappointment. Nope, not here.

Nice room, with modern appliances and jetted tub.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

The staff was fantastic and really wanted our stay to be...
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

We saw nothing we didn't like.

The staff was fantastic and really wanted our stay to be enjoyable. The condo was great. We loved our stay! We'd recommend it to anyone

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The room was amazing.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

We didn't have daily maid service. Wifi signal wasn't great in the room - still usable though.

The room was amazing. Full kitchen with pots and pans, fridge and dishwasher, stovetop, oven and microwave. The room also had a balcony, which was wonderful. Our room also had a jacuzzi tub. The staff was so friendly. When requesting from housekeeping, they were always there within 10 minutes to bring our things.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

We would definitely stay at this location again.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

The pantry door would not open. Towel exchange is only on Wednesdays. Would have liked to have fresh towels daily. No big deal, we just did laundry everyday.

The two bedroom, two bathroom condo was perfect. Our girls had their own space to get ready as well as my husband and myself. The shuttle bus that takes you to Broadway St. for $10 roundtrip per person.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Amazing Resort

Front Desk must have had a new employee that didn't know how to check in one of my rooms I booked. Manager ended up taking over.

Size of rooms really worked out well for my group.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Poor, Poor, Poor
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

The information I gave to make the booking, had to be repeated at check in and then I had to go to a separate desk, repeat everything again to get a parking pass. However the real reason seemed to be to sell me a timeshare. The single most factor however in our disappointment was that there was No Bar. How can this be advertised as 4 star and no bar. Waste of time and money

I did not like this resort at all and I have stayed in many

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

No trash bin were found in the kitchen area.
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

No trash bin were found in the kitchen area. The plates and glasses were kept in the cabinet that were hard to access to. The wifi was not easily connected. Only 1 device could get connected even after I made a complain to the front desk.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The location was great and easy to get to everything.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We were in room 2412 and there was some kind of motor that would turn on every hour. We even slept with a box fan and the motor would still wake us up. It would literally vibrate the bed. The mattress on the pullout was terrible. You could feel every single spring. The overall room needs updating. There were several outlets that didn't work. I booked at the Wyndham because I have stayed at several other Wyndham properties and they have all been fabulous. This Wyndham location is not at the same standards as others. I would not recommend staying here to anyone.

The location was great and easy to get to everything.

rooms were nice
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

The fact that i paid in advance and they recharged my card

rooms were nice

Condo helped make work conference alot more comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Couldn't accommodate extended stay request

Condo made work trip much more comfortable

• One-Bedroom King Suite

We appreciate the property for letting us cancel because of...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We appreciate the property for letting us cancel because of certain cercumstances. The staff was wonderful very helpful

Will never be back . Not sure if I will ever use booking . Com again
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Roaches in room , RCI sales staff were very rude ! Missed a whole day of vacation with them trying to sell us on points!

Will be back!
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Noisy at pool and hot tub after 10pm 2 nights in a row.

Enjoyable stay
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

Pushy Wyndham staff wanting to sell club packages.

Good quality property

Great location, family friendly property
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Trying to sell me a timeshare.

Best place ever

I like everything

Average
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Floor was dirty and it took an hour to get a sheet for the rollaway bed!

Very nice ammenities

Staff was friendly and helpful. enjoyed our stay, very pretty well kept resort
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Shuttle to Nashville downtown was a real plus

Beds were very comfortable, staff very friendly and...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

No place to park to check in

Beds were very comfortable, staff very friendly and accommodating. The sleep sofa broke and was replaced within hours.

It was wonderful !!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Couldn't find a thing wrong !

Everything !!!!

The pushy sales people

The pushy sales people

Was was Ok.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Not enough spies for kitchen.

Convenient
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Units need updating Furniture etc looks older and worn

The amenities and location

The amenities and location

We had a wonderful time and will most definitely stay again
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The building that we stayed in didn't have an elevator.

The rooms were super clean and the bed was very comfortable

Perfect Birthday Trip
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Property was clean, comfortable and the staff was super friendly. It was very hot and they brought free snow cones and popsicles pool side.

Great trip, nice accomodations, pleasant staff:)

NA

There was no breakfast unless you wanted to go to a time share breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

It was a peaceful stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The 1 bedroom suite living room was very small.

It was peaceful.

Great property
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

The one bathrooms toilet was extremely loud when you flushed it

Great property

Good location, great room with small kitchen and sitting...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

This property is a time share.

Good location, great room with small kitchen and sitting area

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Never will I use booking.com again. False advertisement about matching rates
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

No daily room service and I will never use booking again. I called with a lower rate and you didn't match it

Clean

not light during 8 hours

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Short stay
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Pushy staff about timeshAres and poor shower.

Room was nice and clean, location handy

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Secret Paradise....
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The location and tranquility.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Great Christmas mini vacation
    • Two-Bedroom Condo

The wiFi connection wasn't the best.

The location was great and the accommodations were perfect for my family and I. There was a lot of space.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016