Reviews of Wyndham Ocean Boulevard 3 stars

410 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, SC 29582, USA

#24 of 240 hotels in Myrtle Beach

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was not a thing that we did not like every thing was good with us.just love north myrtle beach so much.just wish we could stay longer to do same other things that we did not get to do.but we hope we can get back soon.

Will we like the ocean, the hot tubs and swimming pools .the room or apt. That we had the wife and kids loved it and we were here for seven days and that was not enough time to do the things we would have wanted to do.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Air conditioning in the elevators, it gets hot quick but you're not in there long.

Amazing property. Great location. Lori at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. Gina at other front desk was just as nice and made sure we had everything we wanted and needed. They even had a "treasure chest" of toys for the little kids to keep them occupied. I highly recommend this property. 4 towers, each with their own amenities, available to everyone so it never felt crowded. Daily activities for the entire family. Parking was not an issue. They have a very nice shuttle and driver, happy to pick you up. This place was just awesome!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Only two elevators and on one day only 1 worked. We waited 30 minutes for the elevator on check out Morning. The condo was not very clean when we got there. They told us we got a renovated unit so everything was updated. It did not look new at all. Parking garages were very tight. We didn’t want to leave and have to worry about finding another spot when we returned.

Right on the beach. The kids liked the lazy rivers. The bathroom by the pools were clean.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Parking was tight, check-out was too early, staff seemed like they didn't want to be there, food offered on site was very poor (eggs were made from powder), room given was right by the elevator with no view, constant sales tactics to get you to buy timeshare.

Room was very clean, modern furnishings, right on the beach, excellent facilities.

Parking

There was a problem with the contract I had from Booking.com and Wyndham. Wyndham honor the contract which made us very happy and we will return to this property at a later 🤗👏

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I found what I believe to be a bed bug in my room. I brought the specimen down to the front desk and complied with bagging my clothes so they could be heat treated in the hotel's industrial dryer. I also was informed that after I returned that I would have a new room. When I returned, I did indeed have a new room and all my dirty and clean laundry was returned in the same bag. While doing laundry in my new room, I noticed that in the dryer there was what appeared to be cooked bed bugs on the drum. I saw similar brown/black blobs several years ago when I had a bed bug infestation and was laundering my bedding. Also, in my new room a different type of small bug was present. In the meantime, the hotel had a professional inspect the room in which I found a bed bug. The manager informed me via voicemail that the case was 'denied' because there was no evidence of bed bugs in the room. The same wording was used again by another manager. I asked that manager if I had indeed brought down a bed bug and she could not answer that and responded that 'a professional company found no evidence of a bed bug infestation in my old room'. Overall, I am not impressed with the answers or attitude given by the management. Their responses seemed rehearsed and written by a lawyer. Further, they seemed to not address the issue.

The location of the hotel is great.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast at presentation was terrible, cafe hours should be later on vacation, lazy rivers are way too small compared to hotels nearby.

Loved the heated pools, game rm, access to the beach.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

This resort is not only a vacation rental but a timeshare, therefore I would not recommend staying here unless you don't mind constant phone calls to try to get you to go to a presentation to sell you a timeshare.

Beautiful resort, with many pools, fire pits, pool tables, ping pong tables etc. It was advertised as oceanfront but our building was across a busy street. Three of the buildings are on the ocean but the fourth is not.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The Booking.com picture gave me the impression there was a better ocean view... It was my 30th anniversary ... i really wanted to be able to sit on the sofa and see the ocean but just saw the tower beside us. Also i don't think it actually booked a room for us online. Granted it was last-minute, but Wyndham didn't seem to have anything booked for us. I don't think any of that was Wydham's fault... Booking.com's. it was just misleading. Parking places were narrow. My husband was thankful we didn't take his Chev 2500 truck. I just wish the photos accurately depicted the actual room / view we were booking. Shower was extremely small.

Everything was very nice. Very clean. Staff was great. it was off-season so prices were very good for the facilities. They upgraded us from a 1 BR 1 Ba to a 2BR 2Ba. Water pressure and temperature was fabulous. Jetted tub in bathroom was nice. Appliances looked brand new as if never used. They had beach/pool towels in the closet! We didn't use them but that was nice.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Easily to get lost due to poor details not showing u where to go need better direction from the elevator to the parking garage. Not knowing where your tower which elevator

The room was very comfortable

• One-Bedroom Apartment

All rooms booked through Booking.com are placed in the property that is not ocean front. It’s a short walk across the road to the beach, but I wanted an ocean front room.

Rooms were plush, everything was new, bathrooms were large and balcony was nice.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast was sooooo limited. Recommend fried eggs, omelettes, oatmeal, cereal, etc

King size bed was comfortable; rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only thing I was upset with was the fact that the concierge didn’t let us know about the 90 minute meeting they had and if we had been made aware of the meeting we would have been given discounts on activities when we went to Broadway on the beach. And we didn’t find out about the meeting and the discounts until we were paying for our tickets to go into WonderWorks museum. We ended up spending $290.00 on our tickets for WonderWorks then was told that if we had went to the meeting at Wyndham our tickets would have only been $100.00. And I was highly upset knowing that had we been informed, I could have saved $190.00 just on that one attraction. Plus we would have been able to do more things if we were able to save the money for the prices of our tickets.

This apartment was beautiful and cozy. It had a gorgeous view from the balcony. It had all the comfort of home. I loved the choices of pools, hot tubs, fitness center game rooms, it was walking distance to the beach and shops.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked here because I wanted a ocean front room not knowing if you book with a 3rd party you get put in the back hotel with no view kinda bad make people feel a lil unworthy even tho their spending just as much money as the people booking thru the resort itself besides not having a view everything else was nice but again the point of staying on myrtle beach is for a view.

Very modern and clean

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room was not cleaned properly. There was hair on the bathroom and living room floors. Once we called housekeeping they came up right away, swept and steamed the floors. All was good at that point. I also did not like how the timeshare staff tries to get you to go to a presentation right upon our check in. After 13 hours in the car, that want the time I wanted to argue about going to a timeshare presentation.

The location and room view was great.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t like that after I paid the initial price that my card was swiped again for a holding fee that was never mention during booking or before at any point.

I was very pleased with the comfort and cleanliness considering the low rate I paid, didn’t expect it to be this nice.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

That booking.com states you will be given certain amenities but truly you are only guaranteed a room not anything more. I will now be more cautious when using booking.com for rooms. I don't 100% trust their descriptions. Also, I inquired about a Price match but have yet to hear anything back from booking.com.

Wyndham Customer service manager, Sharon, took her time and cleared up an error that was caused by booking.com. I paid for an ocean view room and when I arrived did not have one due to it being a holiday weekend occupancy was high. Management was not sure if they would be able to find me an ocean view room that I paid for on booking.com. Also, my booking confirmation no longer showed that I had been booked an ocean view room. Although paying extra money for the view, but have been booked for a standard room with none. Of course talking to a customer service rep at booking.com, I was advised that I was only guaranteed a room when using booking.com and not certain ammenties can be guranteed. So my frustration stemmed from false advertising and the mistrust when booking rooms with booking.com. My family had travelled with heavy hearts as we had just loss someone. This was not the arrival we expected or should have had to deal with. Luckily, Ms. Sharon saw the frustration and pain my family was going through. She worked VERY hard to find my family the perfect condo. I am forever grateful for her, but will think twice when using booking.com

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Food from Sea Breeze Cafe could have been better, but the service was great as the drinks as well.

Great amenities. Tons of options! Beautiful rooms, great staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property was very clean and the room was spacious, very happy with all of that. We were thrilled to see that our request for first few floors was met, due to a person in our party that couldn't do the elevators. Loved our unit. We are already looking into coming back next year.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Booking.com instructions were not precise...did not know they sold timeshares...also when checking in late that night my husband put both of our names down on website so I had to also come in to check in....during a cold snap...ugh!!!

Room was nice and decorated nicely...does need some updating...loved the two separate bathroom vanities space..

We couldn't stay longer.

The room and the view were spectacular. The amenities were exceptional. I have never stayed in a place so accommodating. Everything we needed was available. Home away from home. We will definitely be returning soon. The main event was the Jacuzzi in the master bedroom...icing on the cake. We thoroughly enjoyed it 5 star resort to me.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Never again will I stay at any resort by this company

The hotel staff used my credit card number for hotel in Florida same time as we were in Myrtle Beach SC. I had to report fraud and now won’t have CC for 10 days

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The parking was first come first serve so if you didn't get one in the building you were staying you had to go across the street to the other parking tower.

The room was very roomy and comfortable

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We loved the location and the staff was super helpful. It was my daughter's 6th birthday and they made a little gift for her and signed a card. It just made her day!! With service like this we will definitely be coming back to this location!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

i booked this thinking it was a hotel room. then when i check in im told about a 1 hour presentation, i must attend, only to find out it was to sell me a time share, and when I told them i was not interested and i was not aware of this being a time share they stated that by law I have to go through everything. they wasted 4 hrs of our time, at $400 a night , i shouldnt have to be forced to go through that, only to find out that the other people in the room paid next to nothing.

i loved the room, and view

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The fact that they tried to trick us into a free meal in order to talk about joining. Just be honest upfront and explain why you are having the meal.

We liked the apartment suite/room. It had everything we needed.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The pools were in the shade after 2pm so everyone moved to indoor pools. Parking garages had very low clearance and it was confusing knowing how to get new towels and stuff you need to keep your room clean since housekeeping doesn't come around on a daily basis.

Buildings 1, 2 and 3 were in awesome locations. Building 4 was hard because crossing a busy street with 4 children was not easy.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Tower #4 was not in a description of the property, it was a big surprise being across busy street with NO ocean view.

Heated pools for kids if the weather is cold

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Checking out they were trying to charge me the full amount after I paid half before I checked in. Then made me wait so they could find out if I really did pay when I showed them they took the money out it was no longer pending. I had to plunge the toilet every time someone used the bathroom. Called twice for maintenance. First time the guy said he fixed it and the next time someone used it I had to work to get it down. The water wouldn't go down even when nothing was in it. 2nd time I never heard from anyone. So the whole stay I was doing the dirty work. Then me and my family kids and all were told they were having a BBQ and we went to find out they were trying to sell us something.

The room was nice. The people were nice until I met the last person.Nicole...

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Extremely stressful experience with extreme time share sales tactics. One of the showers didn't work.

Very good location. Much quieter than South Myrtle. Great views. Multiple pools and hot tubs.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

You don’t know what tower you are until you get there. Also when you book a beachfront hotel you want to know that your room is Oceanside. You want to walk to your balcony and enjoy morning coffee looking at the ocean not viewing another building. Still overall it was a wonderful stay.

The condo was beautiful clean and comfy. We did end up with a small view of ocean. There are plenty of activities. I tried water tai chi and loved it. The staff is awesomely friendly and helpful. Front desk Emma at tower 4 was a sweetie.

I have nothing

I like how the staff greeted me as if we were family everyone including the valet was very attentive to my needs I love how the check-in staff made you really feel as if you were on a vacation in the Caribbean but this was March weather everything was perfect loved every minute of this vacation...

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

housekeeping began banging on the door at 9am when check out was at 10am. another housekeeper at 915am and yet another at 930am. sometimes it's the last impression that remains with the customer.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didnt like the fact i ask for a beach front..an i didn't get it they said for me to call booking.com about it an see they can they can give u a discount

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There was no parking in the building I stayed in...I always had to park across the street then walk across the street and then walk back to get in my car. It was too much.

The king size beds and the bath tubs....

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I would have liked a door to separate the jacuzzi from the bedroom. The hotel is a large complex without a clearly designated entrance from the street.

The suite was spacious with separate bedrooms and bathrooms. The hotel was within walking distance to several good local eating places.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had a 2 bedroom deluxe apartment. Wasn't sure what to expect, but this resort exceeded my expectations. We loved everything about the room and the facilities. The on-site cafe and gift shop were also very reasonable, which surprised me. I will definitely seek out Wyndham in the future. WELL DONE!!!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Unable to smoke on balcony, was given room across the street with minimal ocean view, finding property (GPS sent us to address miles away)

Layout of condo, indoor pool and activities

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t like the parking deck. I didn’t like that the hotel did not provide and good breakfast.

I liked everything that the hotel provide. I also liked that the hotel was on the beach.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We got roped into a timeshare presentation that we weren’t happy about. We were told at check-in that we were invited to a complimentary breakfast or lunch the next day to welcome us to Wyndham. We were unhappy that the presentation was part of it.

Our accommodations were spacious and comfortable.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Because we went in March it was still very quiet. The location was perfect for a romantic getaway for the weekend far from the strip. The room was exceptionally clean and modern, the property has plenty of amenities for a couple or even a family. The staff was exceptional, I plan on coming back for a family vacation soon! you will love this place.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The indoor pool deck needs alot of attention as far as pavers not properly set in mortar and very uneven and some very wobbly it is a tripping hazard to the elderly and the childern

Nice jacuzzi tubs in the 2 bedroom units

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

My family did not get the room I reserved. I reserved oceanfront and got a room across the street, but the room was nice.

My family enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The rooms were comfortable and we'll lit.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The ocean view wasn’t really a view and parking sucked you had to park too far from where your room was so it’s a bit of a walk especially if you have little children! Be sure to pack a stroller!!

The bed was so comfortable!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The entire staff was amazing! Gina and Sherita that works in the sales department had the most amazing personalites and Michelle that works in Check-In was so warm and inviting. She remembered my family had stayed there numerous times before. I love the fact that they pay attention to thier guest and their individual needs. Not to mention, even though the parking lots stay full, they have a shuttle that will drive you anywhere on the property, and even down to the beach. You really feel like you are on a vacation when you stay at this hotel.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The floors in the apartment were slippery like it had some type of spray on them. One of the guest beds was not made when we checked into the room and the dishwasher was broken.

The friendly staff was courteous.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Booking.com listed the room as ocean front, which is why I rented it. Wyndham however said this was not the case and that they do not reserve veiws but only type of room. Instead of ocean front I had a side view which was mainly of the tower next door. This was very upsetting as this was the first beach trip in 4 years.

It was very clean and most of the employees were top notch.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing. Everything was perfect!

The bed as like a cloud. Since they were sold out of the one bedrooms, they upgraded me to a 2 bedroom for free. I absolutely loved it. This is the only hotel I want to stay at when vacationing at Myrtle Beach

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I lost my gift coupon for my next visit. Other than my carelessness I couldn't complain about anything.

I love the fire pit on the cold night. I love everything about my stay. I will be coming back soon.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The sales pitch was a HUGE turnoff. Unbeknownst to me, I was directed to the sales area to retrieve my parking pass. I was offered "a free week" and "$75 dining vouchers" if I came to breakfast the following morning. I never agreed to breakfast, but stated if I chose to come, it would be around 8:30. The following morning, my phone began ringing at 7:45 and rang continuously until 8:30. Later that morning, the phone rang again and I was asked to attend at 12:15. When I told him we'd decided not to participate, he threatened to charge my card for the "vouchers" (that I never received). It was resolved with a call to the front desk manager, but a hassle and inconvenience I didn't want to deal with on a weekend getaway.

Staff was friendly and loved the nice touches like popcorn, candy in the lobby. Room was upgraded (a nice surprise) and was very comfortable and spacious. Convenient location to the Ocean Drive area.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The layout of the facilities. Had to walk to everything through an open walk way instead of covered corridor. Weather wasn't the best.

The rooms were very nice and clean. The view could have been better.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Had all the amenities of what you would experience at any resort.

Amazing is an understatement. The 2 bedroom was beautiful, clean and comfortable.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was a VERY LOUD banging noise all night that prevented us from sleeping. We were told by your nice staff it was a vent on the outside of the building and when the wind blows it bangs. Well guess what? The wind is always blowing at the beach!!! Poor building design! Also the plastic living area furniture is extremely uncomfortable. We will not be back.

Friendly staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Cleaning staff need to pay attention to the smallest things in the units, is: phone, corners of the units, etc.

Staff is very helpful, security is always present, quite

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like being harassed to do a time share and being woke up by the timeshare representative to come to the meeting and breakfast.

I like the comfort of beds and the location of the hotel.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There were a little hiccups like ice maker not connected, TV went out (but was replaced), the sofa leg was broken upon arrival, temperature in condo was nit consistent. Everything was fixed.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

My master bath eas not fully ckean, however, management addressed the issue promptly.

The cobdo was well appointed, clean, and had all of the comforts of resort.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking - need more handicapped spaces. Rock hard beds No door on bathroom ( needs a pocket door) They try hard to get you to go to a sales meeting to purchase a timeshare.

Big room Lots of activities

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

This was a horrible experience. Bugs, noise, power problem. Will like never stay at this property again. Nor would I recommend it. Would like a full refund.

Nothing. Because of the bugs sleep was restless. And when I’m the room you were afraid to sit anywhere.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Upon check in, I think your parking pass should be issued at that time. After a long drive, I really don't want to listen to telemarketers to receive my parking pass.

Wyndham Resorts as a whole.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property was right on the ocean and had a great view. We enjoyed the grill one night. We were in walking distance of a lot of great places to eat and drink.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wasn't told about any breakfast, but the rooms were some of the nicest I've had the pleasure to use. The Master room was Awesome. The common rooms were great with all accessories in kitchen. I would love to stay there again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

They talk you into a 90 minute session your on vacation but it lasts about 2 or 2 1/2 hours from your vacation time.

Everything me and my family is there every year for vacation. We couldn't go last year because of financial problems. But booking.com really had a great deal to do a many stress free vacation. We always book the ocean blvd Wyhdam in Mrytle Beach staff friendly, clean facility,great view,and plenty of activities to do there for your family and friends.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Upon registering, I was referred over to a desk to talk to a young lady (who was very nice). She invited my group to a lunch the next day. I fully intended to go until I realized it was a time share promotion - definitely not interested in that.

Walking distance to functions and entertainment. Staff was very nice.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I did not like the fact that Booking required me to pay up front. I travel often and this was a first for me.

I loved all the amenities included in the cost.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Could have been much cleaner , room was a little rough around the edges. Have stayed at much cleaner properties parking wasn't the easiest at times.

Location and beach

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Inside condo was dirty. Had to clean it over after at 11 hour drive. Bathroom was nasty. Candy wrappers left on the floor in master bed and 2nd bedroom bedding looked rumbled and had a pile of sand left by door.

Location was the best. Right in the beach.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had yellow stains on our sheets and the room with the king size bed smelled like cat urine. Also the shower had mold all in it.

Nicely decorated, convenient location with easy access to the beach. Very friendly staff. Loved having a full kitchen while we were there so we didn't have to eat out every meal.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

When you book on line you can't tell if you have ocean front or not. I have never stayed on the next street over. I never book online again.

My room was clean no complaints about room are the building. Everything was good including the staff

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not a lot of food options on property. No housekeeping unless you called and requested.

Many swimming options. Activities the resort had set up for people staying there.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking was difficult and had to park in the overflow parking deck across the street. However, there is a shuttle that takes you back and forth to the overflow lot. (Very friendly drivers) If booking through a travel site (booking.com or similar) your room will be in Tower 4 across the street from the other 3 towers. We called to complain and were given an "upgrade" to Tower 1 which was ocean view.

Well maintained property with multiple indoor and outdoor pools. We stayed in Tower 1, in a 2 BDRM condo. We were supplied with all bath towels, beach towels, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, paper towels, coffee, popcorn and lemonade packets and all dishware.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Never got an opportunity to park on the property. The garage was always full, so you had to walk/wait for a shuttle, from an overflow parking lot, a block or two over with your belongings.

Access to the beach & room.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I did not like that I was led to believe that this was an oceanfront unit only to arrive and find that Booking.com can not rent the oceanfront units. I was VERY UPSET that I had just paid out $2000 to stay ACROSS the street!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had asked for ocean side when I booked my stay but was not given a choice when I arrived

The unit was very nice but was across the street from the ocean

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Walk in halls to elevator was so hot/muggy I had trouble breathing. Had to park in back up lot several times, but was able to get a ride in their large golf cart back to hotel.

Bed was very comfortable. Lots of pillows too!