Reviews of Wyndham Oceanside at the Pier 3 stars

333 North Myers Street, Oceanside, CA 92054, USA

#6 of 26 hotels in Oceanside

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Is it really neccesary that the cleaning staff have all their stuff in the corridor all day long..? Shold like some more power at the water in the shower.

Perfect location, and perfect to have the car safe in the garage. Love the view to the pier from the balcony! Nice staff in the reception.

• Standard Room

This property is part of a timeshare vacation club. They put rooms on booking.com at a fair-market rate and I paid it, yet I was subjected to a high pressure and highly unwelcome sales pitch at registration. If the company is going to offer rooms at market rate they should not force guests to endure this. The sales rep gave me a list of all the properties associated with their company, so I will be sure to never again select Wyndham or any other property associated with their when traveling.

Great location across the street from the beach, centrally located and close to shops and restaurants. The room was large and had a sitting area

• One-Bedroom Apartment

My wife and I decided the attend the time share presentation and signed up for the breakfast. We had to give a credit card to hold our spot. We were told as long as we showed up they would refund the cost. Shocker! The scammer people didn’t refund the money to our card and He charge is still pending. The pool and hot tub were a little small for the number of rooms they had.

The staff was friendly and the room was nice...overall it was a good place to stay near the beach. The pizza place was surprisingly tasty.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We have stayed at this Wyndham Oceanside Pier several times so we don't need the timeshare breakfast spiel everytime.

We live the location and the 1 and2 bedroom condo options.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like that the appliances wouldn't work because of some electrical issue - all the outlets on one wall in the kitchen wouldn't work. And yes, we checked the GFC. Also, I had to wipe down some light fixtures because they were dirty.

I absolutely love the location of this property. Staff is so friendly and helpful--it's hard to find that anymore. We really enjoyed the activities offered by Wyndham. They even had a lounge room with a great view up on a high floor. It was like a big living room with a view that guests could use whenever. Very cool. Pool and hot tub were great. Security is there and present and they exude competence.

• Standard Room

TRAINS blowing whistles all night and early morning....hard to rest and enjoy your vacation if you can't sleep!! Beds are not that comfortable...Hard

Rooms and Lobby were clean. Staff was friendly and willing to help with your needs.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed was very comfortable and I liked the bathroom set up. It had two doors so you could enter separately from the living area and the bedroom- good for middle of the night... View was beautiful!

• Standard Room

Location next to train tracks - kept me up most of the night. Didn't care for the handicapped room. Didn't like separate registration process for my car.

Not much for the $.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I wasn't aware it was a timeshare setup or ownership opportunity as it's now called. They held the parking pass hostage on check-in while Kent continuously tried to sell something while all we wanted was to get to our room and then see our son who we were visiting. When asking for a coffee shop outside, they continuously tried to get us to attend an event. We avoided asking for anything after that so basically no concierge assistance.

Perfect location and room with ocean view. helpful cleaning staff.

• Deluxe Room

There wasn't anything we didn't like

We loved the friendly staff, the activities the Resort had to offer itself, and just the overall feeling of a getaway but having everyone make you feel at home.

• Standard Room

This Wyndham is 50% hotel and 50% a timeshare resort. They use the hotel for recruiting potential timeshare owners (victims). For instance, the parking pass for the garage is given out by Ian at the "Concierge Desk", who promptly gives you a pitch to receive a future stay in return for attending a "presentation" (lots of complaints on the web about these) about buying into the timeshare program. We turned that down, but received calls during the next 2 days to pitch us on other incentives for the program. I finally informed them we had just booked a hotel room thru Booking.com (they encouraged us twice to NOT go thru booking.com but call directly) and were not interested in a timeshare, and they finally backed off. If you get the land-facing side instead of ocean view, there are Amtrack tracks right outside the facility, and for safety the trains blow their horn all the way thru Oceanside. We wondered why there were 2 sets of earplugs and a white noise machine by the bed, that is why.

Staff was very friendly and helpful, the facility is georgous, location is perfect (right above the Oceanside beach, at the base of the pier), room was clean and well furnished, very nice to have free parking at the facility. There are numerous wonderful restaurants near the hotel. There is a comfort lounge on the top floor in each of the 2 towers that looks right out on the pier and beach, perfect for viewing SoCal sunsets!

• Deluxe Room

It would be nice if the check-in system allows you to opt out of the vacation share seminar. Too many fast talkers at the counter who will not take the words no thank you for an answer. Only lost $20.00 that was charged to attend the seminar with breakfast. Too early when on vacation! All I wanted was my parking pass after my long drive to the hotel. Yes, very irritating!

There is a lot to like at this hotel. The rooms are clean along with the bedding. Comfortable linens and soft towels. Service with a smile! Daily specials offered for the family along with movie rentals for your room. I never heard the train through out the night while I was sleeping, but then again I love trains! I liked the paper delivery at my door bright and early. The pool facilities had the best view with clean pool water and well kept grounds. The food deals are really good! The jacuzzi bathtub was the BEST part of the evening! Actually, the sunset views from the hotel were the BEST and breathtaking indeed! I will be back as soon as possible! I loved it!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Some train noise, as the tracks are nearby, but truly did not bother us.

The facility was clean, staff very friendly and helpful, and our room was great. We had morning coffee on the balcony while looking at the ocean and surfers. It was very easy to navigate walking or driving to food and sight seeing. We are already talking about a return trip!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had a lot of issues at this place.. My room smelled like weed the whole time I stayed there,and I had a 2 year old with me, so that wasn't great. However the one that resonates most with me is that I was questioned as to why I was not married/in a relationship, since I had my son with me. The question of "Where is your husband?" is not an appropriate question to ask anyone, and then to continue to dive into me being a single mother and the why's behind it really made me feel like I was being discriminated against. I've never been interested in timeshares (it was the person working behind the concierge desk/time share hustler who treated me like this), but don't think that asking inappropriate and discriminatory questions to a GUEST of yours who is PAYING to stay there is OK to do.

• Deluxe Room

Deferred maintenance, Jacuzzi bath in the room didn't work, the only vending machine with snacks out of order, cleanliness of room & property subpar.

Nice location across from the beach. Close to downtown Oceanside and the Harbor.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything was nice, clean, kitchen with all stuff. We had ocean view, what saved us against really noise trains which goes next to the hotel from garden side. And I didn’t really like pushed to meeting on discussing timeshare, but I successfully refused it. We had really wonderful stay at this hotel.

• Deluxe Room

Facilities were nice and clean.

You just get woken up from sleep when the train comes with the loud train horn through early in the morning especially that our room was facing the parking lot and the train tracks.

• Deluxe Room

I did not like the fact that I was offered a time share presentation. They were pushy. Breakfast should have been included. Ice was too far away

The Wyndham beds are always nice. The front desk staff (Brandi) was very friendly and accommodating. The trains did not bother us once we were asleep.

• Deluxe Room

One of the Elevators was Out of Service for our 2day stay. Don't they have a vendor contract. Something wrong??

Two great restaurants adjacent to property

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Was pressured to pay $20 for a timeshare presentation that we didn’t plan to attend but just wanted to get settled in from our long flight so we paid it.

Loved the bed and pillows!

• Deluxe Room

Great room with a balcony and comfy bed, and amazing bathroom. Also has a nice pool overlooking the beach and a mediocre gym. Parking in a garage underground. Friendly staff. Great overall.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I do not like the fact that the train runs basically about a block up the road from the resort and trains constantly go through even at night and you hear them. With this being sad though it is still not enough for me to not recommend or not ever come back again. This will be the only place I stay when visiting Oceanside or San Diego area.

My family and I loved everything about the Wyndham. Very spacious very clean lots of activities to offer. Very close to other attractions and Oceanside. Definitely an upscale five star resort at a very affordable price.

See the above comment

Parking very tight for full size van and could only park in the first level. Van could not fit at the entry to the second level. First level 8 feet high and second level 7 feet high

• Deluxe Room

There were so many rooms with ocean views available and yet they gave me a room facing the back parking lot with construction noise and trains going by. For the price, not worth it. The booking should clearly state that you're getting a view of parking lot or ocean. The pool didn't open til 8 or 9 am. The loud noise of leafblower around building made it unpleasant to sit outside in the morning. The 7th floor terrace lanai was very small; could only accommodate a couple people. The sales pitch from concierge about timeshares was too aggressive. The check-out time was 10 am. Way too early! Some of front desk staff were very unresponsive to needs.

Loved the view of ocean from the pool.

• Standard Room

ice machine is only on the 2nd floor and bed was not comfortable and made squeeky sounds when i moved in the bed... new beds would be a great investment. no rooms facing the ocean unless you're an owner..

location. room was nice.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Great location at the Oceanside pier. You cross a non-busy street to reach the beach. Very nice pool and Jacuzzi. Close to many types and cost of restaurants. Parking in under the hotel. Hotel is easy to find and close to the freeway.

• Standard Room

Room to small and facing parking lots it's hard to convince to buy the share. Not so much impressive to buy the share unlike Hilton was awesome

Close by th beach

• Standard Room

For starters, i would have liked to get my parking ticket without the hassle of the receptionist trying to sell a time share. I felt like my parking ticket was held hostage. I demanded that i get my parking ticket asap as i have been driving all night and did not have the time for sales pitches. This place did not have a microwave or onsite laundry. I would not recommend an extended stay here.

I liked that the hotel was close to the beach.

• Standard Room

The train whistle noise was to be expected with the train tracks being so close to the hotel. People down on the street level along the sidewalks seemed to be a little on the noisy side. I think most of that noise was coming from outside the Pizza Restaurant .

The rooms were very clean. The staff were very nice and polite!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Costs of extras. Push for time share presentation and pressure to buy.

I loved the views from the room and the skyroom! I loved the location to the beach and the pier! Best sleeper sofa my adult children have ever slept on!

• Deluxe Room

the room was wonderful. the bed was great 4 pillows.lol. I loved the staff everyone even pool maintenance talked to us. we plan on going back for a longer stay in october.

• Deluxe Room

Needed a microwave oven in the room. the swimming pool was small and noisy with kids. No adult lswimming lanes.

Clean and comfortable with friendly staff and convenient location and parking

• Deluxe Room

presentation breakfast was awful.

Breakfast on a Sunday for resort presentation was awful. Overcooked breakfast burrito was yucky. Need better options for breakfast, besides just ONE choice only. Resort itself, location and staff was good. I would come back again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

When I booked it said ocean view! When I got there I was put in a full handicap room with already having a head injury every time I bend over or tried to get something in the kitchen I was hitting my head on the over vent above the oven and stove. the sinks were plugged up everything that was so low so by the time I was done bending my neck back and forth I was in pain for my first 4 day that be in such tremendous amount of pain brings on my PTSD from my head injury and after hitting my head several times, The sinks not working in the bathrooms! They did change room the forth day in! By then I was is so much pain I really never left are room! Wednesday was the first day I finally was feeling better and went to the pool! We return home on today! how many times do you have to tell them you're not interested in going to the breakfast for 90 minutes every single morning I got a phone call you can't be nice and polite to them They will not give up! The first person Michael, I got a card on the door to come down! Got my parking pass! He wanted to tell me about the breakfast or they promote the property! I proceeded to tell him right now I'm not interested thank you I'm exhausted I didn't get in to bed until two in the morning. He proceeded to call me a liar and says right here on the computer it says you got in at 12:30! I responded to him and I said yes we did get in at 12:30 does it say on there that your front desk were in able to give us a key until 1:30 so I'm already tired from being up half the night because I was told if I didn't come in that night I would lose my room. So I drove in late at night exhausted! For the next day to have Michael call me a liar! Then defined another note and a phone call the next morning when I still haven't even rested up because now the room is so inconvenient!

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

2nd time staying. My go to spot when I'm in Oceanside. Everything is in walking distance and the hotel is right across the beach can't beat that.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like the fact that we had multiple rooms which were supposed to have a 4:00 check in time and one of the rooms was not made available almost 6:30. This was unacceptable and there was really not any reason given for it outside of the room is being inspected. We were a little hesitant even taking the room because we saw several staff members coming in and out of that particular room. There was no attempt to even comp us for the lengthy wait.

The location was the best hands down. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, the second bedroom was small and had no windows which was a little odd to me. But it worked out fine.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The staff were very unhelpful. Check in was 4 pm and checkout 10 am. Very early by most hotel standards. We did request to check out later but was told we would be charged a full nights rate to do so. There is no towel or bedding change during our 4 night stay, yet each day our cases were turfed out by staff. On arrival we were trying to be hard sold a timeshare deal and committed to attending and signing up for a Wyndham presentations. I would not recommend this hotel and would not stay here again there are much nicer places to stay in this and surrounding areas.

LocAtion of the hotel is good. Near the beach and restuarnats of Oceanside.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Train track--specially Monday morning, it was one after the other. Few of their vending machines out of order.

Everything in the room worked. Walking distance to the beach & restaurants. Very relaxing. We were able to check in early. Very friendly staff.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Carpet probably had not been vacuumed well since there was a penny on the floor of one room and a large clip in another room. Tucked under the table was a little child's cap, so no one checked that area. Also there was trash left under the sink in the bathroom.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

It was completely no sun for a week of our stay. Just wondering if it obviously for this area. Very cloudy and boring weather for the beach, and beach was dirty. And train horn is so loudly, but honestly I didn't hear it at night time at all

The property is really outstanding. The kitchen was fully loaded with appliances. A lot of space for 2 adults and 3 kids. Good value for the money. Kids liked pool, but it's really not for adults

• Deluxe Room

DO NOT get roped into the time share presentation if yo are not truly looking to buy in to a time share and think you will just go for the free gift. The free week certificate they offer has so many restrictions it's worthless.

Very comfortable beds, spacious room and wonderful location just a quick walk and down the stairs or ramp to the beach. We were traveling with a child in a wheelchair and had no issues getting around.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The team that sells the time sharing are a bit pushy, but ok. I also request to get a room facing the sides or the pool and they gave me the worst location, to the street. For the price I paid I thought that I deserved a bit more attention on that, once we couldn't make a reservation for that at first. Check out too early. 10am. No breakfast at the premises, but ok because we had a kitchen.

Location was great. Hotel personnel also.

• Standard Room

The Wyndham was great during our stacation, however our room was on the train track side and every train on track makes that chu... Chu... Sound it gets a bit too much!!! Especially when our son was trying to take a nap.

The Wyndham was great during our stacation, staff was very hospitable. Lots of activities on the schedule..but we didn't get the chance to do any of them; for the amount of guest the times scheduled for the daily activity was too short.

• Deluxe Room

That you pay $250-$350 per night and they don't even serve you a continental breakfast unless you do a whole tour and consider buying a time share. That was not cool.

I really enjoyed the gym and the sauna especially was really cool.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We enjoyed our five day stay in Oceanside but most of our fun times were away from the Wyndham resort. From open to closing the pool which was less than 4 feet in depth was full of children leaving limited spaces for adults. Coordinated activities were children-centered and night life activities for adults did not exist at this facility. In addition, there were no restaurants, snack bars or gift shops inside the resort and one had to leave the premises to find food, toiletries, and/or snacks. There was a soda vending machine on our floor (#4) but it was out of order for several days. Lastly, with the high cost of accommodations there should not be a cost for daily housekeeping.

The hotel's location is excellent! It is right across the street from a beautiful beach and walking pier and for a minimal cost chairs and umbrellas are provided by the resort. The Wyndham staff was cordial and mostly responsive to our inquiries.

• Standard Room

Did not have a problem with an occasional Train whistle, although some folks did. Cannot give you any negative feedback.

We were greeted in a most sincere and friendly manner. also given info about the area that was helpful. It was nice to park our vehicle for 4 days and simply walk to restaurants, movie theatre, and local attractions from the Wyndham. We hung out at the lovely pool each day to enjoy sun bathing. And the beach was a fun place, as well. We shall return next summer. Your property is Top,s !!

• Deluxe Room

The train noise was disruptive to sleep But it was nice that the resort provided earplugs and a white noise machine.

The resort is right on the beach and next to the pier. Great dining experiences are within walking distance. Concierge and other staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

At check-in told me I should have reserved thru them instead of using booking.com for a better rate! Tried to get me to listen to their timeshare pitch!

• Standard Room

We got a good deal on booking.com but paid the price in the room they provided. We were located in the very back of the property, 2nd floor handicap room (we are not handicapped), overlooking a parking lot and construction, and 200 feet from active train tracks. The trains ran until 11PM, and started up again at 4:00AM. Felt like the hotel in "My Cousin Vinny". They provided earplugs.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

-First put us in room 619 as we got to the room with our bellmen at a late hour turns out room was already taken and had to go back down to be moved down A floor to room 520. -paid over $500 a night to take out our own trash and clean our own room. Cleaning woman made my disabled husband walk the traSh to the trash shoot even with her cart right infront of her. -Most games in game room out of order. -Karen at the front desk was very rude basically interogated me over giving back one dollar the air hockey machine ate - Hallways and elevators are kept very hot -If you are talked into timeshare presentation breakfast is scrambled eggs,sausage, and walffles that are barely luke warm. - The week they offer as a free gift has tons of stipulations as to when you can use the days -Train runs right by the hotel very loudly several times a day and night. -Elevators were very slow then on our last day it one broke, took us almost 3 hours to get the car loaded and then had a 6 hour drive ahead of us. - Asked for 5 extra pillows for a room made to fit 6 told not sure if they had that many in the hotel. -Loud area of town horns and sirens all the time.

-The space in the room - Alyssa at front desk and Matt the bellmen were the only polite staff not trying to sell is something -walking distance to beach

• Deluxe Room

I have 2 children ages 2 & 5. Checked in & was directed to another desk that i believe they wanted me to participate in a time share type presentation. Very confusing and staff did notl seem to care that the timing was inappropriate. I was by myself with two tired children.

The location and accomodation were very nice

• Deluxe Room

Trains going by at night weren't too loud, but woke me up here and there. The hotel does supply with ear plugs, but I couldn't sleep with them in.

This place is great! We commuted down to San Diego most days on our trip, but we could've stayed in and around the hotel and still had a great vacation. Oceanside is a nice little city with shopping and a variety of food options. They have a newer movie theatre in the center of a shopping complex. Everything is within walking distance. Every day the hotel and/or the city had fun activities (farmer's market, night time festival, root beer floats). The room was very nice. My son loved the bath with jets in the bathroom and he liked that our room had a doorbell lol. I loved that the room was large and felt more welcoming than your average hotel room. Very cozy. Worth the price! They have a Sky Bar on the 7th floor that was like a good sized living room with a balcony looking over the ocean. The pier was great for walking at night and relaxing

• Deluxe Room

Didn't like that we were given a sales pitch right when we checked in; that is not what we came there for!

The upgrade of the room was great! Although it faced the train tracks........

• Standard Room

The king size bed was very comfortable. The hotel staff upgraded our standard room to a two bedroom suite. The staff, facilities, cleanliness, accommodations, dollar value, pier location and overall comfort made our stay a very enjoyable vacation. We are looking forward to our next stay at another Wyndham Hotel.

There needs to be trash pick up and linen refurbish. At the price we paid I thought it was odd we had to take out our trash and reuse towels. Our one room was not ready on time and we have a special needs child that needs to be on a strict schedule. It was after 5pm. They did move them to a room that was ready after they complained but then they were on another floor from all the rest of the family. We had eight room altogether. I think you should inform guest that there will only be towel, coffee in room on arrival. No tea either? The room got a bit sandy over the three days we were there also. I can't imagine being there for five days with no services. Another problem was my reservation. I called before the date to cancel one night on one of our rooms. It took me three time checking to make sure this was done. Booking.com told me it had been taken care of and even sent me an email to verify this. The hotel told me no this wasn't taken care of and I'd have to get back on my own to bookings. When my I told her I had an email and even spoke to the hotel about this before arrival the girl wasn't happy with me. When my son checked out on Sunday the charge was still there. I spent way to much time on this . I was suppose to be on vacation not putting out fires on my stay! I did get hard copies and will be watching my visa bill to make sure we didn't get the charge put back on.

Beds were nice. Towels were nice. Staff was very accommodating once we got into room.

• Standard Room

Creamer to go with coffee in room would have been nice.

Location was great, right across from the Pier. Bed very comfy. Could hear the train but didn't bother us.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The train. You can hear it all night unless you are sleeping. But falling asleep may be difficult with the train running all night. I think last train comes at midnight. First train starts around 5. Aside from that this is a great place.

The rooms were great. Living room kind of small because i think the dining table is too big. It has a bench and chairs. If not bench then living room might be more spacious. The view was awesome. Bathrooms were great as well as kitchen and washer/dryer. Location is great. Gym is great. Pool is ok. Beach is a few steps away.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Should have been a guard or a safety person by the pool! So much noise from children in or by the pool. Should love to have a bar/ serving by the pool.

Very well equipped appartement and wonderful view! Comfortable beds, and lots of towels :) If you don't like noisy children - don't stay here...

• Standard Room

No one told me that this was a time share resort... to pay what I paid, not cheap, and be hassled to go to a 90 minute presentation... poor quality! To make matters worse, I almost relented but they asked me for $20 up front to book my space at THEIR meeting. Are you kidding me?!?! I refused, nicely, and was hounded two more times... they even called my room to ask me to reconsider!!! Vacation wasted and I am livid!!!

The location is unbeatable... right at the pier... fantastic.

• Standard Room

I will never stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you check in, the main desk checks you in, BUT you have to go to a different dest for the parking pass. There you receive an OVER THE TOP sales pitch to go to their breakfast presentation. You finally give in to get your pass and make them stop!!!!!!!!! I paid $20 to make them stop and had to go back the next day for a refund. This also happened to another family member. When I asked in the morning if the restaurant serves breakfast the response was "NO you have to go to a presentation!" Also you can not block out the train noise.

The bed.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Standard Room

My room over looked the train tracks and every night the 12:57 am and the 4:00 am ish and the 5:57 am ish train woke me up.The sound machine in the room did not help and I am not a light sleeper. I got no sleep the 3 nights I was there. Also, one day we needed the room to get dressed for a wedding so we left out the "do not disturb "sign, we did not expect the room to be made up because we were using it all day. However, the following day when we were out from 9 am until 6 pm the room was not cleaned or towels replaced. I had to call down twice to just get clean towels. Oceanside is a beautiful area the hotel is lovely. I would just ask to be placed on the side of the hotel not facing the train tracks.Should have myself, but kept thinking the train would not go through every night at the same time or not blow its horn as it passed by every night .(that is what woke me, the horn blaring not the train noise itself.)

The room was spacious and very clean. It also had a nice pool and was across the street from the beach.

• Standard Room

I like the place, located in front of the ocean, however i feel so uncomfortable. This is not your regular hotel, this is like a time share from the time i arrive they asked too much question. Like how many are staying in your room, are there kids. They will list your name on the book and they will invite you to attend seminar for the timeshare presentation. I feel like being force . Also just asking for pool towels they have to write down your name and make sure to return towels or else they will charge you $25.00 I feel so uneasy with the staff, i feel like they are watching your every move, maybe not true but that's how i feel cause they asked too much from a guest. The pool is nice though. It's just the time share invitation that freaks me out. I came here to relax not to worry about if I go to the meeting or not...

pool, location, accesible to the beach

• Deluxe Room

The water pressure in the shower was POOR!

The location could not be beat. The room was also spacious -- plenty of room for myself, my husband, and our daughter. The bed was very comfy also! Very courteous staff. I loved being able to hop on the elevator and go straight from our room to the car in the parking garage.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We endured construction noise that was very annoying. We should have requested the north tower. The desk clerk didn't seem too concerned.

Rooms are very nicely decorated. The kitchen had everything we needed. Especially liked the jacuzzi tub in the spacious bathroom.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

The guy was assigned who incharge parking card called us in our room aound 11:45am march 25,2017 telling that we have no parking card bec we arrived at 12am we were worried about we might get citation ticket... we were hurried down to the counter to talk to him just to let us know he could handle if we got parking citation... he should not bother us about that!.... thereafter he discussed to us business my God were not interested!he ruined our short stay there.

De luxe room, kitchen,untensils, room lobby

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

In order to get the parking pass one had to listen to the Time Share guy try to persuade you to go to a presentation which we did not go. Loud trains that went by frequently. Other than that we had a good time.

Great location, lovely room, accommodating staff.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

Trains - really didn't bother me too much - but it was noticeable every 15 minutes or so starting at 4 am that is the only negative

nice facility - roomy - facility it self pretty quiet close to many eating facilities - did not partake in any of the events held - but if had more time may have been inclined to

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

If you stay in the back of the hotel, expect to hear the wroring train frequently at night - including blowing horn. We had to pay extra to move to the front of the hotel.

The entire facility.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Standard Room

Did not realize that there was the possibility of buying a time share and did not like having the pressure being placed on us to attend the sales pitch

Great location and front desk staff excellent.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Deluxe Room

We couldn't even get bottled water. Every vending machine was out of water or out of water. When I called the front desk they told me to go to the liquor store a couple blocks away. The train was so loud. They never cleaned our room. We normally stay at the Marriott down the street but thought we would give this a try. At least the Marriott has sound proof rooms and you don't hear the train. I will not stay at a Wyndham nor will I recommend it. Not a great experience.

Not much. Close to the ocean a plus.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Standard Room

Property needed a snack bar or someplace where you could buy breakfast or lunch. Also needed laundry facilities for studio units. Would have liked beach chairs and umbrellas closer to beach where seniors did not have to carry them down steps and across street. A microwave would have been helpful

Size of room for studio was ok

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

We checked in late and tired from a long haul flight and they guy at the reception would not let us go rest to our rooms without almost coercing us to attend a brunch where they sell you timeshare

The location, complete kitchen amenities, spacious room

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Apartment

We were automatically upgraded to a 2 BR condo which was totally unexpected and greatly satisfying since there were 3 of us which meant our friend wouldn't have to sleep on sofa bed. We were elated too because our view of the ocean was sublime! We could walk to the pier and places to eat. Some reviews mentioned the noise of the train but it didn't bother us at all. Excellent service all the way around from the moment we arrived to our departure!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

In the beach was pipe west frome the city come to the ocean, end water in Ocean by the beach was dirty ynd smell.so we goose to the left side of pears

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

The somewhat hard sell of the Wyndham staff trying to get us to sign up to sit through the time share presentation was annoying. The train noise was difficult to sleep through.

The proximity to the beach and restaurants was great! Our room was really nice and the large tub with the separate shower was a nice bonus.

Browse Wyndham Oceanside at the Pier traveller photo gallery