Reviews of Wyndham Patriots Place 3 stars

725 Bypass Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185, USA

#35 of 75 hotels in Williamsburg

If you want scammed, by all means book with them. Customer service is terrible.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Check in is a nightmare. They send you to 3 different desks. The first desk to check in, the second desk for parking passes and that’s where the lies and disrespect begin. I was told that my stay comes with breakfast and to arrive promptly at 8:45 to be served, I was asked to fill out a survey while I was there to let the staff know how they are doing. She said plan to be there for 90 minutes. I told the concierge we had plans to be at bush gardens at 10 and my 2 young children wouldn’t wait. She said that’s fine you’ll be done by 10:15 and we are offering a $90 food voucher to a local restaurant for taking the survey. I was skeptical but she kept on and assured me it’s just breakfast and survey, no catch. I reluctantly agreed just to get out of there after a long day of driving. I was then sent to a 3rd desk where they asked for a card to keep on file, I told them they didn’t need my card on file they just took a deposit for the room but she told me it was standard procedure. I gave her the card and finally got out of there and to the room. The following morning we got up and went to breakfast. When we arrived at the lobby something seemed off. We were made to wait for 15 minutes before my family was attached to a property representative who then rushed us in a room and quickly had us get our food from the buffet and sit down. The food was terrible and very few options. He again rushed us to eat and treated my family and I like children. He then asked us to walk our children to the children’s area to play with other kids while we filled out our survey. By this time I was getting mad because I realized I had been lied to, but I had till 10:15 to meet my obligation. We then had to watch a sales pitch and presentation about timeshares (which they refused to call a timeshare). During the presentation my rep had me fill out the survey.

The location of the property is perfect. Close to Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Bush Gardens. The property is nice, tons of room in the units and all the amenities you’ll need in the suite. Keep in mind if you choose to stay here there are things far more important than location and how nice the property is. You can’t put a price on peace of mind and honor.

Request a RENOVATED UNIT...and BEWARE of CONCIERGE FOLKS with HIGH PRESSURE Timeshare tactics!
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

I've stayed at this property before but this time I had a unit that had not been renovated. The carpet was soiled with spots, spots on the sofa, and an old bumpy, uncomfortable mattress that needs to be replaced! Building 22 and unit 201-A Also, I received PRESSURE from concierge hostess to attend a timeshare presentation. i didn't appreciate that..No means No! I wasn't interested in the free gift, dinner voucher or anything...I made myself clear that I DID NOT WANT TO ATTEND A TIMESHARE TOUR while staying at the property. BEWARE!

I like the location of this timeshare!

Excellent place to stay with kids, convenient and the suites were spacious with room for all.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The room smelled like smoke even though it had a strong no pet or smoking policy. We reported it and they sprayed but still had the smell of smoke the whole weekend.

Liked the space and layout of the room and the separate bath and sinks in both bath and toilet area was a huge benefit with bathroom sharing!

Awesome
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The staff was very professional and friendly... It was a speedy check in... Whenever I called for something for the room they brought it in an ample amount of time. The room was clean .. I loved the bathroom the tub was everything!!!

We really enjoyed our stay there!
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The Staff were very friendly and informative! We stayed in the one bedroom condo. It was spacious, clean and well stocked. I look forward to returning.

Pleasant experience for families, but better values are out there.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Only one bathroom in suite - similar resorts in the area have a master bath. All staff were pleasant and helpful but not enough of them! Long waits when needing help. Property was not pedestrian-friendly.

Family friendly. Very quiet, comfortable and spacious rooms. Good restaurants nearby.

I had some very much needed down time and rest stay away after a very busy work week.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The vacuum was stored in the only closet, therefore the bedroom smelled musty or my clothes did if the the door was closed, left it open. The burner eyes on the electric stove in the kitchen, would not stay fastened, the smoke alarm kept chirping (they can to change battery), the drains in the kitchen and bathroom sink needed some plunging and the toilet handle broke, (reported it when checking out. The DVR was broke (they came to replace it. I called several times for clean towels. They arrived with the DVR guy.

I enjoyed staying on the first floor, in the rear of the complex in a corner. I liked having a bedroom, sitting area, kitchen area, full bathroom. I enjoyed the pool every day of my stay.

It was overall a pleasant getaway
    • Studio Suite

Refrigerator too small. Neighbors very rude. Called the desk to help with the situation. No help at all. Tried to get a late check out said no.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff very friendly

Cleanest place I’ve ever stayed at
    • Studio Suite

Walls are very thin. You can hear every conversation the people in the unit next to you are saying. Hopefully they can fix this.

Cleanest place I’ve ever stayed at

Good location, but very thin walls and loud neighbors. It's a time share property.
    • Studio Suite

I did not like feeling pressured by Wyndham to attend a breakfast regarding their time share. Our neighbors were incredibly loud until security was called by another guest at 2am. They were loud again at 5am... quiet time is suppose to be from 11p-7a.

Proximity to Williamsburg

Nice place, just don't buy the discount tickets...see full review for details. :)
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

As far as the room, it had 2 showers, only 1 of which work. & the washing machine is a space saver & you have to be there to attend while it's washing, because the agitator would come off at random & make a hellacious banging sound (it also ruined 1 of my shirts before we realized what was going on with it). Just make sure it's on well & you can stop the machine mid cycle if you need to, to fix it. Other than that, an elevator would be nice because hard to haul heavy bags up all those stairs. But, really nice place in general, & friendly staff.

Nice place to stay in general, but don't buy the discount tickets from the concierge because you'll have to attend a "90 minute", high pressure sales pitch in which you are with the sales person 1 on 1 being pressured to buy effectively a timeshare. The concierge desk will tell you it's not high pressure, but it is. They changed the time to earlier on the same day for unknown reasons (no one was really there at the sales office as far as customers), & we ended up being there for 2 hours & 15 minutes instead of an hour & a half...& I had to raise Hell just so we could leave after telling them from the get go that we were NOT interested in buying a timeshare, & telling them at the 90 minute mark, more than 1 time, that we wanted to be released. They passed us on to a "hard closer" & that's when I raised Hell & got us out of there. Not worth the aggravation & stress for the money you save on the discount tickets!

Would certainly stay again, as it is a great value for home-like accommodations.
    • Studio Suite

This was a studio room with a kitchenette, which turned out to be so tiny that it was not really very usable. We were offered free meals and Wyndham points in consideration for what we thought would be an opportunity to give feedback on our stay. Turned out to be a 3 hour sales presentation.

Comfortable, close to Colonial Williamsburg, great ambience, almost like a colonial "village." Very clean. Friendly, helpful staff.

Never staying at Wyndham anything again
    • Studio Suite

The advertisement was miss leading. It is also a time share that they push when you get there. The beds were hard, the pillows couldn't fit a twin bed. I didn't appreciate the mischievous sales pitch when we checked in. Unless you were a seven foot man you couldn't even reach the kit hen cabinets. The whole thing was very disappointing. So much so we filled our days and nights with activities so we only had to be there to sleep. Had a great time in Williamsburg though.

It was clean

Relaxing location for a "Get Away"!
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Stains on the living room sofa. Noisy guests with children in the unit above me.

Spacious condo with washer/ dryer and kitchen appliances, utensils. Fireplace and a balcony!

I felt like I got the run around when I was checking in.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

I felt like I got the run around when I was checking in. I was early and I knew my room wasn’t guaranteed until 4. The lady said it was cleaned but they were fixing maintence issues and it would be ready shortly. We decided to go to our friend’s house until it was ready. I did call shortly after leaving to ask if they had an estimate on what time it would be ready. The lady who answered the phone had an attitude basically telling me I didn’t check in because it’s not until 4 but she would ask. She came back on the phone and said she didn’t know when it would be ready. She made me feel like an idiot.

The people were nice.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

This is my second time staying and they always mess up my check-in and check out. I wont be back. The people were nice. The rooms are too noisey..you can hear others conversations as if they were in the room with you.

The people were nice.

Timeshare property
    • Studio Suite

We did not know this was a time-share property when booked, and had we known, we would not have booked. Check-in reception was fine until we were referred to another counter/desk for our parking pass. After driving for 6 hours and checking in at 8 pm, we did not appreciate the aggressive sales pitch to try to convince us to commit to a 90-minute meeting the following morning at 8:45 am to sell us the time-share property. The attitude of the salesperson became very unfriendly once we told her we were not interested. There was also no daily housekeeping included in the rate and the bed was very small. The layout of the room was tight and awkward to sleep in with the bed facing the door. They also charged us a $100 deposit for our 2-night stay which they said would be credited back to our card 3-5 days after checking out. I am a frequent, happy customer of Booking.com, but this reservation disappointed me.

Complex was nice for families and people looking for a timeshare.

Pleasant stay close to Colonial Williamsburg centre
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Too far to walk to historic centre. Bad experience with overly aggressive Wyndham group sales team trying to sell ongoing access to Wydham properties. Beware accepting discounts in return for accepting sales pitch.

Well appointed, comfortable and spacious 1 bedroom apartment in resort style development with good amenities close to Colonial/Historic Williamsburg.

Stay was great, no complaints.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The only complaint I had, if any, was that there was no real turnover service between days. But honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal.

I liked the location, the space (think 1br apartment), the full kitchen and dining room, balcony, dual bathroom and fireplace in living room. There is also a dishwasher and washer/dryer. There was a fire pit in which you can roast smores (they sell "smores packs" at the front desk), and they also had a small playground and volleyball courts. Room was clean and modernized. Staff was very welcoming and even though they did give their pitch on a timeshare, they were not overly pushy like I've heard at several other resorts. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it and would come back again.

The first stay was the best so far. Hope we can get backup to that standard.!
    • Studio Suite

could never get hot water in the kitchen or bathroom sinks unless you ran it for 5 to 10 minutes. When we checked in we were informed we were getting a great deal and would we take a survey for the property, I told them I would let them know. We received a phone call that night and one in the morning from your staffto ask about taking the survey. Let us call you if we want to take the survey. The balcony was a mess, full of pollen and shingles,. There was grease on the outside of the door which I put my hand in.

like the surroundings and the peace and quiet

Great location at a well maintained property.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The property just switched to tankless hot water heaters and it's a little slow to heat up. It is consistently hot once it gets started though. :-)

Well stocked kitchen - traveling with a group and we were able to take turns making breakfast easily with all the kitchen appliance, pans, etc....

Wood from South Carolina

No negatives

Friendly, helpful staff, especially the security guard who helped us get checked in and to our unit when we arrived late at night. Comfortable roomy 1 bedroom apartment/condo. Good location within just few miles of the attractions.

Very nice place, very noisy rooms.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Unfortunately, paper-thin walls and very squeaky floorboards. Upstairs neighbors simply walking late at night actually woke me up due to very loud, squeaky floors. I knew what my neighbors were having for dinner because I heard every word of their conversation.

The location is excellent, easy access to Colonial Williamsburg and easy drives to other key sites. Very clean, kitchen very well supplied, a/c and heating very efficient, nicely decorated, comfortable furniture. Staff very friendly and responsive.

Great getaway...but beware of the noisy housekeeping staff -especially when you are trying to sleep
    • Studio Suite

Stayed in the studio suite. Much smaller than expected. As soon as the door was opened, there was...the "foot of the bed". Definitely will not book a studio again. Walls were thin and we could hear the neighbors as well as vehicles in the parking lot. Housekeeping was EXCESSIVELY NOISEY!! Although checkout time is at 10 AM, housekeeping arrived at 8 AM to clean the unit next door and upstairs. Housekeeping needs to respect guests' and BE QUIETER when servicing the units. We recognize that some noise is unavoidable when cleaning, but LOUD TALKING and BUMPING AROUND, SLAMMING DOORS is totally unacceptable!

excellent location!

Not too happy .....
    • Studio Suite

Did not like walking into the room with the bed in front of the door .... did not like having a connecting door to another room where you can hear every word being said as well as their tv ...did not like not having maid service. Our oven door was broken ( could not be closed)

The bathroom was clean , big and roomy !

Comfortable and relaxing!
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Would recommend hooks on the back of bathroom door to hang towels, robe, etc.

Location was perfect. Grounds were beautiful. Unit had everything needed and was very clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Nice place, reasonable price, could use a bit tighter management .
    • Studio Suite

Room cleaning during my stay was not part of the package. This was not clear when I booked. Also, bags of towels were left in the hallway throughout my 2-night stay. Seemed unprofessional.

Competent staff, reasonably clean property.

Lovely, lovely, lovely.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Super fantastic, room was super, nicely located close to great eateries, totally enjoyed the stay, nice and quiet. Cant wait to come again, nice and clean thank you.

"Listen to the fireplace roar, "Cause Baby It's Cold Outside!!"
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Lacking activities (indoor). This place needs to at least include a GYM! This location is perfect for couples who want a "get-a way" and also for folks who don't have an active lifestyle. Very quiet (unless you're on the first level where you can hear folks walking above you at 4:00 in the morning). If able to walk up a long flight of stairs, I suggest the top floor-MUCH QUIETER!!

Loved the fireplace in our unit. Advice: bring your own Duraflame logs for the fireplace. Or you can purchase one log at $5.00 each at the Guest Services desk. No great activities at this location. Only an outdoor pool and a a fire pit where you can buy a Smores Kit to roast. NO GYM! NO BINGO or games. Bring your own card games, board games, etc. Great selection of channels on the TV. A one bedroom unit is VERY SPACIOUS with a sofa bed and the master bedroom has a QUEEN BED...no king sized beds. Bring your own food for cooking in the full size kitchen loaded with appliances, utensils.

Staff was wonderful and unit was nice although it had an odd...
    • Studio Suite

Would have preferred to know ahead of time that it was a timeshare location.

Staff was wonderful and unit was nice although it had an odd layout as the door to the unit opened directly in front of the bed. Kitchen is small but usable and the bathroom is beautiful.

Great stay, quiet unit and neighbor, good amenities especially fire pit

see above

All of The rooms are adjoining rooms , if you don't know the other person it's a nuisance. It all depends on who is next door, no fault of the hotel. If you are travelling with friends and family it's great to have them adjoined.

it was close to Historic Williamsburg.
    • Studio Suite

upon arrival we noticed that the entire entrance to the property(a very long drive across open holes, sand, dirt and loose gravel, all the things you want to drive on after having your vehicle detailed!!!) was under construction and we had no early warning of this, and after asking the front desk about it they said that Booking.com knew about it and should have shared this info with us when we reserved the room. we then go to the room to unpack and the dresser in the bedroom fell over after opening a few drawers to put close away. the dresser bruised three of my wife's toes and the TV on top hit her in the face, and after calling the front desk to report this they did apologize and then informed us that they do recommend not opening multiple drawers and that was that. after a day to think about it we called the front desk back and asked for a manager to call us and it never did happen. we will find other places to stay in this area......

it was close to Historic Williamsburg.

Awesome room and check it staff. SKIP the time share presentation unless your really interested.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

They offered us tickets to Williamsburg and resturant vouchers if we took a time share presentation. My wife and I didn't like the way we weere pressured afterwards to buy one. If I had it to do again I would SKIP IT!

Very nice and clean. It was close to the tourist attrictions.

Location was great, the facilities need some maintenance.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The facilities need some maintenance. We did not have hot water on arrival (very quickly fixed by maintenance), the dishwasher was not bolted into place so came out from underneath the counter when I opened it, and we were on a first floor room and could hear every footstep above us.

The location is wonderful and the staff were very friendly. It is so easy to get to Williamsburg and I love having a kitchen so I don't need to go out for absolutely everything.

Pass this one by. Nothing worth your travel dollar here.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

No housekeeping. Had to stop by and ask for clean towels then they didn't arrive' had to call front desk again. Room was not cleaned once during our 3 day stay. They did not mention on check in that was how it worked. The bed was the WORST bed I have ever experienced in a hotel room. Rooms have literally NO soundproofing could hear conversation of adjoining guests like they were in our room. Asked about adding stay to Wyndham Rewards I was told you have to do that at time of booking in a very rude manner.

Peaceful place to relax
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The road in from the street is a mess and too narrow. Also the sign is hard to see.

The small deck allowed us to relax with coffee and a book or just chat & relax. The set up of the bathroom was great. The full sized fridge was great.

Acceptable accomidations with stated problems
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Noise from about till after midnight Office said nothing could be done till 11pm. After 11pm no answer in Office. Repeated calls overnight every two to three hours then no one one the line. No answer in offic

Clean

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE AND MORE HORRIBLE

There is nothing good to say about the experience. RUINED MY VACATION

I was not aware that this was someone's time share or i would not have booked it. We were tricked into going to a lunch-in to try to sell us a time share. HORRIBLE

Sweet and sour
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Not really kid-friendly. Nothing to do but pool and a very small playground. Didn't like having to pay booking.com when I'm a Wyndham member and couldn't book the same spot through Wyndham. Didn't like not being able to get a member update or discounts that were offered by Wyndham staff and then being denied the offer because I'm a member who booked through booking.com. Was promised by staff that they would take the issue to a manager and get back to me. Well, no follow-up at all. Very disappointed.

Awesome accommodations

All and all still a good stay.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The mattress on the bed was very bad. I had to sleep on the sofa. Hot water is slow in coming to the faucet. The people who stayed above us made alot of noise and it transferred down thru the ceiling.

The room was comfortable and clean. All the appliances we needed were there including a washer and dryer. The bathroom was huge and a tv in the living room and bed room.

Started off rough with check in but ended up very good! My family enjoyed
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

We got there about 11:30pm coming from D.C. Traffic and it was very weird check in?! No wifi log in given, staff was undermanned and not professional

Kitchette was great and the space was wonderful for the family. The pool was very nice and the campfire with s'mores was the highlight for the kids

Excellent location and wonderful accommodation.

The bed squeak.

The quite environment and the design of the suite. It had a fireplace in the unit. There was a separate bathroom with a shower and a separate small bathroom with a tub.

Awesome Vacay
    • Studio Suite

The construction on the road leading to the property is my only complaint.

It was a lovely place to stay. Cosy, with a good atmosphere and lots of privacy.

The layout is very nice.
    • Studio Suite

They need to fix the road leading into the facility, and illuminate the sign so it can be seen from the main road. While it's a short drive away from Williamsburg, it's not really within walking distance from anything except other hotels; you need a car to get to nearby restaurants, etc. The mattress was uncomfortable, too springy for my liking, so I ended up sleeping on the sofa. Also, the walls were not sound proof at all! We could easily hear the people talking and watching TV in the adjoining room.

The layout is very nice. It felt like we were staying in a gated community instead of a hotel. They have wonderful amenities like a pool, fire pit, and volleyball court, and the grounds are clean and well manicured. The staff was also very nice. I would recommend it more for families with children than for couples looking for a romantic getaway.

Would return becuase still lots of things we didn't get a chance to do.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Bed was just a bit uncomfortable and hard. Minor problem.

The condo was large and allowed our three person family lots of space. The grounds were nice but some construction was still underway but only offered a minor intrusion. The condo had most if not all the necessities for us and the outdoor balcony was wonderful. Great place to relax, drink some wine, and look out at the scenery. Staff was friendly and helpful in offering advise as to restaurants and activities. Would definitely return.

Dread, came back to the unit everytime- praying that the family next to us wouldn't be there.
    • Studio Suite

Walls were so thin you could hear everything, we could hear the bed squiek in the unit above us. The person in the next room played their TV so loud we could tell what they were saying and talking about. Waking up to news of a terrorist attack at 4 am from the ajoining room was not fun. Lady working front desk was sweet, parking pass lady was rude. Told her I had no interest in timeshare, etc, she still did her talk, wouldn't give up parking pass till I gave her my financial etc. Also I told her we had been in Williamsburg just 2 weeks ago, she still attempted to talk to me about resturants, etc. Finally just walked away, and she got angry. Kitchen was a joke, cabinets are so high I can't reach them, I'm 5 foot tall. This was the worst stay ever at a Wydham, and we stay with them frequently. We do not recommend it at all.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Location was great and the accommodations were awesome.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The surprise resort fee was a not fun.

Location was great and the accommodations were awesome. Our son is at W&M so, we enjoyed the proximity and home like feel. Once construction is done,the place will be 110% awesome.

Very enjoyable, great accomodations, will definitely recommend.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Need a light in the bedroom closet and overhead in the bedroom.

Loved the space in the condo and the details. Very attractive buildings. Very comfy beds/pillows. Happy to have washer/dryer in unit.

Location good and staff friendly and helpful.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Parking and Road into the resort was horrible! The bed was only a queen need king beds here! The couch was very hard and uncomfortable and the texture of the material very scratchy! Delay in hot water had to turn it on at least 5 minutes before it would get warm! Need more amenities only had a pool and fire pit!

Not what I expected
    • Studio Suite

No privacy...loud noises all night...light from hallway was invading the room at night. As soon as checking was over they sent you to another part of the lobby to pick up parking ticket and key; where they tried to sell you crap you didn't need . (timeshare )

Because of the courteous staff and the nice accomadations, we look forward to returning.
    • Studio Suite

There is construction going on at the property. Because of all the construction and widening of the entrance road, the road coming into the property is in poor condition. Thankfully, the area where we stayed was away from the construction area.

The suite had been completely & nicely renovated and was very clean.

The faculty was very nice.
    • Studio Suite

We could hear the neighbors in the next room and in the hallway. There was a little crack in the door. The pool could be bigger.

The faculty was very nice. Easy check in and out. We got a complimentary bottle of wine for our Anniversary.

It was nice enough, as we spent most I have our time off property.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The walls are paper thin. We could hear entire conversations of the family next-door. There is a lot of construction going on and had to cross a road with no sidewalk provided to get to the pool.

It was so wonderful and relaxing!
    • Studio Suite

We did have a small wait, when we called for towels. In hindsight I should have called that morning before we really needed them. We had returned from the beach wanting to shower before supper, then called and ended up waiting an hr and a half for towels. Should have called before we left for the beach that morning.

We loved the area! Super close to shopping, food, and historic sites. The Staff was amazing and so accommodating! We arrived late in the evening after a long 16 hr car ride, and the staff was so nice and helpful. They really helped to get us settled in😊

A wonderful, cozy experience with friendly staff ready to assist!
    • Studio Suite

The lighting could have been a bit brighter, but there were plenty of windows that made up for it with natural light!

Wonderful experience all around! There was a death in the family a day before our trip, and the staff at Booking.com and Wyndham were nothing but helpful, understanding, and quick to assist! The staff at Patriots Place were the definition of hospitable--friendly, caring, and willing to answer any questions we had. Very professional. The accommodations were lovely and clean; our room felt homier than most hotels I've stayed in. The kitchenette was a fair size, although the fridge was a bit small. I was impressed all around, and plan to use Wyndham moving forward! My partner and I are already looking forward to our next trip to Williamsburg, and we'll be looking to book a room at Patriots Place again.

It was okay.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The person that checked us in rattled out the rules quickly I was glad I had someone there to help me get it all down. She didn't smile. But, she really drove it home about the charge for the towels. Didn't like that I had to go to the next station and fill out personal information, which I stopped at what my yearly salary was. Not necessary. Check out 10:00 very early, for those of us on "vacation" not much time to have a cup of coffee and enjoy the last morning there.

It was clean. When we didn't have any hot water, the maintenance person fixed it quickly.

This place overall was an amazing experience.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The entry to the location is under construction, and the entry road is full of potholes. I am sure they will redo the road after the big construction trucks are done on their property, but until then it is a con.

This place overall was an amazing experience. The rooms are well decorated with new everything, and we were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and tucked away we felt, while still being so centrally located to everything. It was very rejuvenating.

Vacay 2017
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Only thing I can say is that the sign for the property should be lit especially at night because you can easily pass by the resort.

Very clean, family oriented place. Staff was very nice and helpful. Peaceful and very relaxing area. Will definitely come here again. Restaurants and stores just less than 5 miles away.

Stay somewhere else if you can
    • Studio Suite

The room as extremely small the couch was hard! It took over 2 hours to get clean towels and bath rags, and they wouldn't let me go to the office and pick them up so my plans where held up

The pool was nice

Watch the room rate and screen shot the page.
    • Studio Suite

No hot water first two days. Very noisy fridge. No weather stripping around the door. Very wobbly table. Light over sink didn't work. Wall plugs not secured to the stud. Biggest complaint was the bait and switch room rate. Advertised at $73 per night. Credit card was charged $682.55. Without checking, I assumed this included all the taxes. At check in, we were charged taxes and another charge for incidentals. And, the room rate jumped from $73 per night to $97.50. And then you add taxes and incidentals. Don't think I'll be using this service again.

Walls and floor are thin
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The separation between floors was minimal. You could hear every step of the people upstairs. If the kids jumped or yelled it was very pronounced.

Really Nice room.

Rude Front Desk staff....No Wifi...
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Ok so the cons...No wifi whatsover until the day before we were scheduled to leave. We were given password for the wifi upon check in, we arrived late so that by the time we did check in and attempted to get onto the wifi, it wasn't working, we did call front desk, no one seemed to know why and it seemed like they didn't care...The next day I went and complained to front desk, told them we were not enjoying our stay, because no one could check email or use tablets without wifi...there was a very RUDE front desk person who said..Really over Wifi? Of course, I did ask to speak with a manager, of course, they told me no one was available. They told me someone would call me..no one did. I did go on Wyndams website and email them...again no response...So pretty much my feeling is that since I'm not an owner..I must not matter. Also, no one even bothered to offer us a tour incase we were interested in a timeshare. Overall, I could have spent the same $$$ for a regular hotel.

Ok so the pros are parking was outside of our unit. Condo itself was very clean, excellent kitchen accomodations, bedroom and sofa bed was very comfortable

So Disappointing, Worst Wyndham Ever!!!!!
    • Studio Suite

I requested a room with elevator access, yet was given a second floor room, when I mentioned my request, the person chuckled and said, I thought this would work only 13 steps. I said I absolutely needed ground floor, finally booked us into one with 6 steps. Room was very small and layout was weird with bed right in front of entry door. The refrigerator was small and freezer was in desperate need of thawing. The TV kept kept going off and on, when I called the second day, after 20 min my call was returned, an hour later still waiting so I finally cancelled call. Walls were so thin you could hear everything from people above and next door. Room was dingy with horrible decor. I have stayed at at least 15 different Wyndham and had this been my first experience it would have been my last.

Absolutely nothing.

Good people, good value. I would gladly come again. Thanks Sarge!
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The drive off the main road needs to get finished.

Everyone I met there had a great attitude and always seemed willing to help make your stay a good one.

Great place to stay!
    • Studio Suite

I have no complaints about this place.

It was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. Within minutes from all the attractions and many restaurants and shops.

Beware the timeshare
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

As long as you don't need help with anything you will be happy here. The staff was very unfriendly and not helpful at all! I felt like since we didn't want to buy into their timeshare they didn't feel the need to bother with us.

The accommodations besides a little construction were great for our family.

Stay away
    • Studio Suite

Small room. Temperature hard to keep adjusted steady. Bathroom light switch had a short. Tiny kitchen area. Small pool for size of resort,and I use that word lightly as there was nothing about this place that screamed resort. No kids pool for our toddler grandson,he had to be in the pool with older kids jumping in and acting crazy with no adult supervision. Would not recommend this place. We checked out early

Disappointing experience
    • Studio Suite

30 minute check in requiring two lines and demographic information to sell time shares. Heavy cigarette smoke odor at entry. Worn and dated carpet. Thin walls and noisy neighbors. Bed was lumpy, saggy and uncomfortable.

Convenient location and good parking

Family friendly/Worth the money
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Beautiful room and property,located less than 10mins from Busch Gardens and Water Country.Walmart is not far if you need to buy groceries.Everything was top notch no complaints at all. Rooms looks exactly like the picture and it was great having washer and dryer to use.The bed was extremely comfortable,I'm looking into personally buying from their vendor.My kids slept on the sleeper couch which was also comfortable and not worn out.I wish the sign was lit up so you can see at night..It's a bit difficult to find at night time.Honestly I cannot get over how clean the entire room was bathroom included..My only regret is not staying longer.Oh I didn't take any of their offers, so I can't comment about their sale pitch to buy.

I have one more comment but you will have to call me to get it 814 724 8057. If we are not home leav

I thought the staff at reception could have been more friendly and helpful. I had a problem with the local taxes. They wanted to charge me the taxes and I said the receipt says the taxes are included. I had a very hard time contacting Booking. com by phone. I was finally able to contact them. It was very frustrating especially on vacation.

everything was good. the kids enjoyed the pool, and the grounds. The location is great. The rooms were really nice and well equipped

Very nice unit
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

The unit was very nice. The one bedroom unit came with a living Room, dining Room, kitchen, A tub with shower and a stand up shower washer, dryer, dishwasher, Blender, coffee pot, full size refrigerator and cooking utensils

It's a very well kept property.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

Beds were only "ok". Shower in bathroom was very small.

It's a very well kept property. Staff was very friendly. No sales pressure even though it is a timeshare property and I appreciated that!

Very nice!
    • Studio Suite

Had an adjoining room and could hear neighbors very clearly when trying to go to bed. Very distracting.

The facility was even better than hoped! Beautiful and nicely kept.

Great experience and value!!!
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

No complaints at all. Maybe the sign for the property on Bypass Road could be lit at night? That would have helped us find it. But that's minor - we liked everything!

I reserved a 1 bedroom unit and it was fabulous! Clean, spacious, and it had everything we needed and then some! My son and I really enjoyed the resort pool, too. Too bad we only stayed 2 nights...great place to comfortably spend a week.

I liked how nice the place was.
    • One Bedroom Deluxe

I had a problem with my reservation. I got to the place after being at the water park all day and the staff told me only 1 night was charge when in fact they charged the full amount a week before I got there. I showed them my bank acct and I still had to stand there a long time. They tried to call booking then the manager. I was then told the manger would take care of it next day. Then you had to go to another desk to get parking passes which was the rest for the time share. So I had to wait since they were helping others. Then after telling I just want parking passes she proceeds to tell me all about the time share and free breakfast for the 99 min presentation. Tried to give me $90 in gift cards to restaurants but told me if I didn't show up I would be charged $90 and wanted me to sign a paper. I told her I wasn't interested and she wouldn't take no for an answer. Told her no I don't want to be locked into something that I am in vacation w my kids. Finally she accepted that and gave me the parking passes so I could leave. My teenage son was waiting in the car and he even came in see what was taking so long. Other then that my stay was great.

I liked how nice the place was. It was clean, roomy, and had everything I needed. I also liked the little outside sitting area.

Browse Wyndham Patriots Place traveller photo gallery