Reviews of Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation 3 stars

151 SeaWatch Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572, USA

#13 of 277 hotels in Myrtle Beach

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Fall break after a hurricane - won’t stay in same villa again.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Even though it says oceanfront, villa 1 views are partially blocked by the huge towers. You can see straight out, but there aren't any views looking up and down the beach. You couldn’t see the sand. There was a gorgeous fountain in the middle of the property that blocked the sound of the ocean (MAJOR reason I go to the ocean). We visited just after Hurricane Florence, so that explains why some of these things happened. They were still working on getting pools opened and elevators working. Since we stayed at the Wyndham timeshare property (didn’t realize this as we booked on booking.com), they set us all up to watch a presentation and get free tickets to a show. We didn’t know anything about this until we checked in at the property. We had to get our parking pass through the “concierge,” which is really code for setting up appointments to sell timeshares or condos. Anyhoo...We woke up early, went to the wrong building, went to the correct building only to be told that our owner put a lock on it and we can’t get the free stuff even if we wanted to attend the timeshare presentation just to get it. 👌🏼 Everyone in our party got bit by something at the pool that left huge welts. We think it was some type of biting fly. Maybe from the storm??

The villa had wonderful decor and worked well for our 8 people. Nice amenities. No bike parking during bike week was nice. Pretty and quiet area near outlets and golf course.

“Best Vacation Ever”
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Restaurant was lacking in options compared to other hotels we’ve stayed at.

The location, staff and accommodations of the SeaWatch Plantation were outstanding & extremely relaxing.

Stay was great.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

You should be able to sign up kids for the turtle races pool side. Had a lot of disappointed faces because you had to go to the lobby the day before and they would not let the children participate otherwise.

Love the location. The beach and the family atmosphere.

Great location !
    • One-Bedroom Suite

First of all, there was a confusion regarding my last name and the security guard send me to the wrong location. It resulted me walking with my luggage all over the property. I know that those things could happen but the staff make me feel like I didn't know were I was going and I fell unwelcomed . Other than that, the rest of the stay was good.

It was a great location with a lot of amenities in walking distance to the beach. The room was great and very cleaned and neat.

Awesome weekend stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I did not like people having their pets on the beach, especially when the pets have to go to the bathroom. Also I really didn't like seeing trash on the beach after 5pm when there is no life guards. No secured wifi.

We did like having a washer and dryer in the villa. We also like having all the amenities within the room.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Was ok but for the amount that was charged was a little expensive for what you received.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Full service restaurant, not one that closed at 4:00 PM. No daily housekeeping service, we are not members of Wyndham's timeshare if I had known probably wouldn't have booked there. Also, the shower stall wasn't clean! Instead of luggage carts, they used shopping carts and not enough for the amount of people who were there!! Parking spaces were small and tight

Room was great - comfortable, plenty of space and had...
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Hotel staff called twice to offer time share presentation, after we declined it during the check in process.

Room was great - comfortable, plenty of space and had everything we needed available.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I would definitely stay here again. It was close enough to everything we wanted to see.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Master bathroom shower was a little creepy looking. The tiles looked like something from a high school locker room from the 60s.

We loved the entire property. The pools were awesome. Everyone we met on prooerry was great and courteous.

overall stay was good
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I paid for and booked an Oceanfront room, My destination was changed at the last minute and I didn't get the oceanfront room I originally paid for. I came down to get away from stress and relax and was looking forward to having an Oceanfront room.

just being close to the beach

. The pools were awesome, I loved that it stayed open...
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Everything inside the room was perfect. However the parking sucked it was more for compact vehicles. Also the price was ridiculously high.

. The pools were awesome, I loved that it stayed open until 11. Also loved being oceanside. Staff was very friendly.

The location was great and I would stay again!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The second bedroom had one queen bed and 2 beds would have worked better. The cost was somewhat pricey for the amount of room available. The room was not as big as expected; the room we had seemed smaller than the pictures.

Bed and pillows in my room were awesome! The location was great and we loved the lazy river and pools.

We had stayed at the property previous Lee before and we can park our motorcycles and the parking on
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Room was very nice the property was very nice the staff was very nice and it was a convenient place to stay close to the shops and restaurants

Great stay for such a reasonable price.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

There was no restroom near the pools, it was quite a walk to the bathroom from pool/beach

Location, updated rooms, the beds were extremely comfortable

Lipscomb Family
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I didn’t like the length of the presentation that we attended as a potential buyer. The presentation was supposed to be 90 mins and we were there for 2 1/2 hrs and the 3 day 2 night gift requires you to attend another presentation. NOT APPEALING!!!!

The property was beautiful, very clean and well kept. The ocean view room provided perfect accommodation for my family of 4.

So relaxing!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

That we couldn't stay longer.

The staff was the best and overall treated us like family. They found out this was a special occasion and sent candy and congratulations to us within minutes of arriving to our suite. The staff is the best I'll ever had , at any other location, I've never experienced such friendliness and the accommodations were so clean and up to date decor. Everything was so relaxing, made it hard to leave. Will definitely be back!

Overall very satisfied. Will definitely be back!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Outside Pool water just a bit warmer and a seperate switch in the master bath for the fan that was very loud.

Location to the beach, pool facilities and friendly, accommodating staff. Villa was very well maintained and stocked. Comfortable bed!!

Nice room, sales pitches, no oceanfront even if ya booked one!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We specifically booked and paid for an oceanfront room and were told we couldn’t have one once we got there. They said that booking an oceanfront room was not a guarantee that we would have an oceanfront room...????? And that now they were “85% booked” and they couldn’t give us one...? Really?? They told us the only way to get oceanfront was to go to their sales pitch and buy one of these rooms....oooh now I get it..NOT a happy vacationer. Met another family that was told the same! While the room was nice we had a “view” of their hotels in front of us, and about 15 screaming kids in the pool below our room. There was a sliver of ocean you could see from that point...changed the whole dynamics of our trip :(

On the inside the room was beautiful and stocked with everything you could need for the week

We had a great trip!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We had a minor issue upon check-in (we all stepped on freshly painted ground right outside the elevator and our room because there wasn't any notice - paint was everywhere), but the staff went above and beyond to make it right. We didn't care for the push to attend the meeting, but everything else was wonderful.

Everything else was wonderful. Go to the breakfast buffet - the omelet man is the best! Lots of activities for kids.

Great smile vacation.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

We stayed in a villa that was completely renovated. Very spacious for our family of 5. Very nice and clean. It had kitchen and washer and dryer combo which was convenient. Also very close to shops but still in a quiet neighborhood. The view was wonderful. We also left a backpack behind and when I called the girl from the front desk went looking for it, found it in the room and held it for our friends to bring it for us.

Rooms were updated and clean
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The pool. To much chlorine. The fumes were so bad my eyes were burning before getting into the pool. Several kids vomited because of the fumes.

Rooms were updated and clean

Really enjoyed our stay! Looking forward to our next trip! Definitely will come back.

Nothing bad to write.

Great location! More family oriented and not part atmosphere. Good views of the ocean and beach! Nice clean room with great amenities. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Both bathrooms had plumbing problems. Wide open gap under an on side of front door! We had to stuff towels to close up gap an leave the room the for a couple of hours while maintenance repaired room!

We stayed in a 2bd 2ba villa on the 3rd floor in Villa I it was amazing ... very clean.

Nothing... It was great

The Check In was great..... the villa was spectacular... the view was amazing.... the beds were very comfortable...The room has everything you need. We will be coming back and staying here. It was everything.

I STAY HERE REGULARLY BECAUSE I EXPECT AND GET EXCELLENCE EVERY TIME
    • One-Bedroom Suite

FROM CHECK IN TO CHECK OUT EVERYTHING WAS GREAT! THEY SEEM TO BEND BACK WARDS TO MAKE THINGS NICER FOR US. IE. WHEN THEY FOUND OUT I WAS TOWING A TRAILER THEY MOVED MY ROOM SO I WOULD BE CLOSE TO WHERE WE HAD TO PARK IT.

Great place to relaxl and unwind .
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Cant see anything we didn't like.

My husband and son who were with me enjoyed staying in our bedrooms on the 5th floor in the 2 bedroom villa which overlooks the ocean. The king size beds are very comfortable and the roos are fully equipt with everything we neeed to heat/cook our food, fresh towels and fresh linens. We enjoyed the large jaccussi and the swimming pool. So far, the place is great for those who have children .

Beautiful place and spacious . Beautiful views .
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Didn’t know where to get towels for pool / beach . No restaurant or food/drinks available on premises.

The room is spacious and clean . The grounds have several pool and many hot tubs. The lazy rivers are great. Plenty for kids to keep them busy and eight on the beach.

We enjoyed our stay and had a wonderful time in Myrtle Beach.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Not getting an instant credit on the hold on my credit card for incidentals. 3 days later after check out and the hold is still pending.

Great location! Had a beautiful Villa and the balcony looked directly at the ocean. Room was elegant. Very comfortable accommodations. We stayed on the 6th floor in 609. I highly recommend this resort and room.

Awesome!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Second time staying here in 6 months. Was very happy both times, requested same room the second time around. Will be back this summer. Friendly staff, clean and modern room, and just a few steps from the beach.

I love the layout.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I stayed in villi 1 i wish yall had a sauna or or indoor pool in this particular villa so i wouldn't have to walk so for in the cold to get to the pool. Over all i enjoyed myself and will be back.

I love the layout.Everything was clean and the stafff was nice.

Stay was enjoyable!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Check in was a bit of a hassle since both the villas that I rented and requested to be close to each other did not come thru even though I had my email confirmation. The staff were very nice and never gave up trying to straighten the situation out. In the end the family was separated by 1 floor and all went well.

Family reports that they all enjoyed the comforts of the resort! The children especially enjoyed the beach,indoor pool and the hot tubs! Also state that the beds were comfortable.

Would not go back.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Time share sales pressure at registration. No parking spaces near elevators to load/unload belongings--need temporary spaces. Too crowded around pools and a lot of loud music from organized activities.

Book your stay now! This resort surpassed our expectations!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Comfy beds, clean and modern room (Villa # 1), extremely close to beach w/ convenient pool location as well. Staff was consistently friendly.

Convenient location for the solar eclipse weekend, some issues with our ceiling and Wyndham.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

There were definite negatives: 1) The kitchen ceiling leaked! All of a sudden water showered down (not just a tiny drip, full stream) from no other place but the ceiling light sockets (which can't be safe) and was all over the counters and floor. Luckily we were there when it started and were able to move all valuables from the counters with minor damage and then get some pots to catch the water. We found out that it was because of a broken pipe for the fridge in the room above us but it was a big incident for us. 2) Since it's a Wyndham resort and we are Wyndham members, just didn't book through Wyndham, they descended on us like hawks and we were stuck talking with an agent for over 3 hours! But that's just normal Wyndham behavior. 3) If we had a small compact car this wouldn't be an issue, but the parking lot was very tight for our minivan, difficult to park.

Overall, pretty enjoyable stay. A bit pricey, but considering it was solar eclipse weekend we were just lucky to get a place. Large rooms, clean bathrooms with warm/hot water showers, nice balcony area looking out on the beach.

Not worth the cost.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Very unorganized, dead bugs in the elevators, after a long trip to get there, before I could get to my room to relax the front desk was trying to sell me some time share. There was no complimentary breakfast or any type of incentive for the guest.

INCONSIDERATE
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The staff was rude and didn't flow in sync. We were scheduled to go to a promotional meeting with promises of a gift that never happened. We woke up extremely early only to find out that our names were never put on the list. To make up for our lost sleep we were offered free breakfast as if that was the only reason we came to the meeting. We respectfully decline the breakfast and went back to our room to start the rest of our day. None of the staff seemed to be on the same page which was s really frustrating for us. It was also a waste of time to try and seek reconciliation for being provided wrong information

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

It was a great location.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The bathrooms were very small, and we shared the 2 bedroom condo with our kids and niece. The glass see through shower doors and no divider from bedroom made it hard for all of us to get ready due to privacy.

It was a great location. Was not crowded and the grounds were beautiful. Seemed isolated enough from very busy traffic and people, but was very close to many great restaurants and attractions.

When I say ocean view I want to see the damn ocean not pool!!!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

So far from beach. Had to go through maze to finally get to beach. If you go request the North tower. Closer to beach and a few amenities. Wanted ocean view. received pool view w minute view of ocean. No bathrooms to use in pool area had to get back on elevator go to 2nd floor to find restroom. Internet service was horrible . Had to call time warner cable to find out the new password. The password is not the one they give you at check in . My phone would lose all service . I'm with Verizon and my friend was with t mobile. We could not get signal in our room.

Staff was very accommodating, professional and friendly. Room were clean.

Great weekend getaway!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Parking is a bit of a pain. Garages are super narrow and sometimes you have to park a short walk from your building.

Condo was very clean and well stocked....felt like home but just add a beautiful ocean view! Also the breakfast buffet in the North Tower is pretty awesome for $10.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The Balcony was big enough to accommodate the entire family,...
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I had a rude staff upon my arrival, I spoke to somebody else who was extremely helpful and very pleasant.

The Balcony was big enough to accommodate the entire family, having the washer and dryer in the room was an added commodity.

Amazing and beautiful property and staff
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Villa 2 , elevator try's to slam the door on people and is very slow.

Your staff is amazing lost my parking pass problem fixed. Very nice environment we had kids with us. Impressed at every moment.

They pressure you to take a time share your.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

They pressure you to take a time share your. We arrived at 11pm and at 8:30!the next morning they called the room phone and my cell phone every five minutes. Extremely rude I would not stay there again because of that. $1000 for three nights off season and there isn't much to do there. I stayed in Florida during spring break for a much better price.

Great location and oceanfront property
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Bar closed, several pools closed, and construction going on - wasn't told in advance when booking.

Great 2 bedroom Room was beautiful and ocean view.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Awesome!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

It was cold. I would have liked if the lazy river was enclosed and I wish there was more features for the kiddie pool like a little slide or sprayer.

There was plenty of room and privacy. It was our anniversary weekend and we had our children with us. There room was practically on the other side so my husband and I had an opportunity to spend quality time together. There is also a washer and dryer in the room so we didn't have to travel home with dirty laundry. Everything is so convenient. We were only about three minutes away form the outlets and shopping center. Great location!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Comfortable and Friendly
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The large garbage containers that were around for the construction made it a little hard to maneuver vehicles. This was in two separate locations on the site.

The room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

It was at least withiin walking distance to beach.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Difficult parking....tight spots often not very close to unit. Picture with ocean view room description online was deceiving in regard to actual ocean view from unit balcony assigned. Unit needs some updating. Was okay based on short stay reduced offseason rate but would have been very disappointed if this had been our actual annual vacation with longer stay booked.

It was at least withiin walking distance to beach. Good elevators for loading/unloading upper floors. Unit was clean upon arrival.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The unit was exceptionally clean.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

None of the hot tubs were hot. A couple were mildly warm. Expected some problems bc of Hurricane but there are 9 hot tubs and we checked them all.

The unit was exceptionally clean. The property is close to Barefoot landing and several good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Nice, warm friendly and Kids loved it.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Property in general was very nice and comfortable.

amazing property

Beautiful property

Proximity to the beach
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I reported a problem to the manager and received no resolution or bill adjustment

Proximity to the beach

I will tell all my friends this is place you need to come to if you want a beautiful veiw and spa

I loved Everything

The bed was so comfortable and the pillows was fluffy.

Totally happy with stay and would go back
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The rooms were immaculate and kitchen well supplied

Everything!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Everything! Loved the starbucks and the tiki bar! Brandon in the front lobby was awesome!

• One-Bedroom Suite

Quiet, spacious, view of and easy access to the ocean

• Two-Bedroom Villa

I didn't have more time to stay.

Atmosphere, services, location, everything

It was awesome
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

cant think of anything i didn't like.

The bed was awesome. Rooms spacious and the location was great.

Parking garages

On the beach

Very nice experience.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Very nice experience. I would stay there again.

No breakfast included unless you sit through a presentation.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

No breakfast included unless you sit through a presentation. Seems to be a timeshare being advertised as a hotel on booking.com.

Our stay was short. Wish we could have stayed for the week! We will be back!
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

I was surprised to see kids in the hot tub. Kind of disappointing.

The space was perfect for our family!

The bed and shower in master bedroom

The bed and shower in master bedroom

• Two-Bedroom Villa

Very clean and the location was very good.

the price, the room, the location

wifi was a sub par

the price, the room, the location

Just a relaxing and affordable get away for my family.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

We left the kids life vest and they weren't able to find them.

We loved it!

Amazing
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Everyone and everything was good!

Seawatch was absolutely fantastic sadly I can't say the same for booking
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Best place to stay hands down totally worth every dollar

Everything was amazing! I’ll definitely stay again

I love everything

I didn’t have eggs

Very relaxing

Na

The villa was lovely made you feel at home.

Na

We had one of the best beach vacations at this resort.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

The rooms could have been a little cleaner...

The bed was awesome! The whole resort was wonderful...The facilities and staff are wonderful.

Definitely would go back
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Check out time was early.(10am)

Everything!

clean, updated and great views of pools and ocean.
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

short of refunding my money there was nothing that i saw that wasn't perfect.

they were not only polite and helpful some how they made me special!

We enjoyed our stay

Every thing was great

Clean comfortable and quiet

Clean comfortable and quiet

Very comfortable all around, staff super friendly and...
    • Two-Bedroom Villa

Very comfortable all around, staff super friendly and helpful. Location was close to anything we may have needed.

Comfortable