Reviews of Wyndham Smoky Mountains 3 stars

#30 of 155 hotels in Pigeon Forge

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Very nice room.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The check-in took a little long with the advance sales pitch. It was 10:30 pm and I had a 5 year old in the car waiting.

Very nice room. Very comfortable. Great for families.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Liked that we had 3 beds
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The curtains were way to short in the guest bedroom.The lights from the street were coming in.Also I think it wood be great if there was a gate leading from the patio to cook on the grill if your condo on the ground floor.

Liked that we had 3 beds

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Wish we could have stayed longer!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment was very nice, comfortable for three adults and two children. Facilities were great for the children, they enjoyed the playground, mini golf, and the pool.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Clean, comfortable, congenial, convenient to Dollywood and food.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

If we had had rowdy neighbors, it Is easy to hear next door and Overheard, no particular problem this time. Neighbor coughed a lot. We tried to Be very quiet.

Replacement linens, fast and No hassle. Good follow up By customer service to be sure we received Them. We were not forced to move for Our last day, which we were not happy about having to do, And were told we would have to Do at check in, with apologies , but no recourse. It was resolved Wednesday am and we did not Have To move.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Clean, spacious and well appointed.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The wifi was very spotty. We would get kicked off quite often. There was no overhead light an only one lamp in our bedroom.

Clean, spacious and well appointed. Great play areas for kids. The staff was outstanding.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Had ants on the counter in the kitchen.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Had ants on the counter in the kitchen. When checking in your promotions for Wyndham are overboard. When someone says no, it is no. Especially when told we had just come from Wyndham Fl and we go every year.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

OK place
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Room could have been better not what I am used to when staying at a resort. The room was small and the kitchen was next to the bathroom.

Beds were comfortable, very clean.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Furnishings and decorations were very nice.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our unit was dusty with cobwebs, dried food spills down the side of kitchen cabinet, baseboards in large bathroom dirty, walk-in shower terribly stained and the sliding shower door track was dirty. I used a washcloth to wipe up some water on the bathroom floor and the cloth was black with dirt. The units are not soundproof. The man mowing the grass blew grass all over guests cars. We received a $25 pre-paid American Express card for one of our cars as did other guests.

Furnishings and decorations were very nice. Location nice. Close to outlet shopping and good restaurants. Staff very friendly and courteous. The landscaping is gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

I liked the spacious rooms and friendly staff.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had several things that were broken in the room. I had to ask 2x before they were fixed. One of the items fell back off in the middle of the night, waking us up. I had to have someone come back in to fix it. While I like bacon, I did not like finding someone else’s underneath the edge of the refrigerator. The indoor pool was very dirty.

I liked the spacious rooms and friendly staff. Everything had recently been remodeled. The checkout was very easy. An employee was set up at a drive through checkout station.

The bathtub was very slippery and I feel like there should...
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The bathtub was very slippery and I feel like there should be some type of grip. And there wasn't a handle in the tub either to hold on to. I'm in my late 20's and I couldn't imagine being older and using that tub.

Unlucky Thirteen!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

If you’re not a timeshare owner, you get placed in building 13 on the lower level. There was no view, the unit was old with dirty carpeting, stained tub and shower, and scratchy sheets. Welcome staff member was pushy and wouldn’t take no for an answer. Tip to sales staff: if you’re marketing the condos to would-be buyers, don’t put them in the oldest, dirtiest units you have. Not a smart move if you want them to be impressed. Would not stay there again unless with in-laws who own points and receive a VIP accommodations.

Conveniently located.

Excellent!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Every staff member we came in contact with was very friendly, very professional and very helpful. Rooms were quite big, very clean and well appointed with everything needed for a comfortable stay. I will be returning.

Too much for what you get
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The dryer took three cycles to dry a small load. The sink in the master bedroom was not clean. They put us in a smaller room than we booked and blamed it on booking.com. it was noisy, not enough insulation between the floors.

The overall interior and decor was nice. It was conveniently located if your main purpose is shopping.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was clean and in a decent location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't like the $100 deposit the having to so the presentation was not informed of that when I made the reservations. Not impressed with the facility honestly. We always stay at Riverstone and will continue there

It was clean and in a decent location

Did not like that I was not told it was s timeshare that I...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Did not like that I was not told it was s timeshare that I couldn’t just check in . We drove along way was tired and just wanted our room to relax. We were pressured and almost forced into a 90 minute sale. We only had two days there and had no plans of wasting 90 min. I paid full price for these rooms and it was not right. That is false advertisement I would not have booked these rooms.

I didn’t like the fact that they want you to go to a...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t like the fact that they want you to go to a presentation about their vacation properties. We didn’t have time for that and if I had known this place was like that I wouldn’t have booked it. We declined the presentation and the free offers because with kids in school and college- we know it’s not an investment we would be willing or able to make.

Perfect last minute stay for our family vacation!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It would be nice to have more options for breakfast but it wasn't a huge deal.

The property was perfect for our family to enjoy our downtime! The pools and splash parks were awesome! Everyone was very friendly and even the condo fit our family perfectly! We will be back again!

Disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Condo

When I booked the room online for two adults two children it showed the room with one full sized bed and two singles. Only one bed for four people!! False advertising and I did not appreciate it.

We will stay here again !
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Tried to add on an additional day to our stay but was unable to do so since they do not manage their own rentals from the desk.

Everything else was great. Rooms were clean, amenities were amazing. We will be back.

Excellent location.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment could have been cleaner. Grout lines in bathrooms were very black/dirty; shower floor and shower door tracks did not appear to be clean; white towels and bed linens were dingy.

Excellent location. Friendly staff. My 8 yr old enjoyed the pool area and playground.

Top notch service, clean spacious rooms, convenient location - will be back for sure.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Weather; it rains a lot (I guess depending on the time of year) - so things were wet, parking lots, sidewalks, etc. Not that the resort had a drainage problem or anything more so the whole region/area - makes walking out of the resort in flip-flops (for example) less than desirable at times.

The staff here goes above and beyond; rather than complaining, (as some reviews have), about this place being a time share using sales tactics - try leveraging them. The sales team went above and beyond telling us about the niche places to go and try - it's in their best interest after all for us to really like it and want to come back - keep that in mind and you'll have a great experience here with Wyndham.

The people were very nice, the furniture in our unit could...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing we enjoyed our stay

The people were very nice, the furniture in our unit could be updated. The stove did no work on the big burners but maintaince man fixed it within 30 minutes. We would and will stay here again.

We really like the property, great staff, great location, great bed. Hope they pay more attention to
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The bathroom needs to be updated badly, alone with the cabins in the kitchen. We also did not like the fact that the floors were not swept or mop and the shower was not clean.

Love the location. The condo was nice.

My family and I enjoyed this property because of the...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I did not like the "conceirge guy" which turned out to be a salesman. I was not interested in spending "an hour and half" in a sales pitch.

My family and I enjoyed this property because of the location and the Recreation Room. Our family likes all the amenities. The bed was firm and pillows soft. The indoor and outdoor pool was nice too.

I would stay at this place again.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Our room was near a construction site and the first day we woke up to alot of noise due to the construction. I called the staff and they had us moved to another room. But after that the stay was quite pleasant.

Loved that the room had a kitchen it so that we had the option to cook breakfast, lunch or dinner in the room. The rooms are very spacious.

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Outdoor hot tub not working. Really wanted to use it. We didn't like that we were not connected to the pool and the facilities. We drove there

Very clean and comfortable. Like new condition. Balcony, spa bathtub

Great place to stay! Definitely recommend!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We loved everything about this place!!

We stayed in a two bedroom, 2 bath room and it was great!! Very clean and comfortable. Felt like being at home! Definitely would recommend!

Beautiful rooms, great amentities and terrific location!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like that we were talked into what was supposed to have been a 90 minute presentation, that took like 3 plus hours! And when we wanted time to think about it, all hospitality ended!

I really liked that each bathroom had two vanities! So much easier getting dressed!

I had a wonderful fun filled weekend!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I always enjoy my stay. I wish there was an incentive to earn points against your next stay! I would love to stay more often but just can't afford it!!

I love the location and convenience to great shopping! Also wonderful selection of restaurants! I had my grandchildren with me and really didn't have to leave the premises at all for entertainment.

Best mini vacay ever
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only part I have anything negative to say about was the hill it sat on, super steep. Other than that it was great!

I loved everything about this apartment/condo! The spa tub was awesome and the pool was great! I've stayed at several places in pigeon forge and this was by far my favorite

This place was nice at a good price and had a good view.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The colors were dark. You could hear the noise from some other rooms. We were unable to locate the inside pool and hot tub.

The bed was nice. The room was a good size. Customer service was great.

Staying at the resort would have been a vacation in its self!
    • One-Bedroom Condo

We missed having a balcony. When I booked the room that was one of the amenities listed but our room didn’t have one.

We enjoyed our stay so much! Had all the amenities we expected. The kids loved the play ground and putt putt golf! The beds were very comfortable, we slept great each night.

The accommodations were okay, but we would not stay there again when we return to the area.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

No leather furniture as shown in pictures. Old smell throughout the apartment would not subside with 3 plug-in Febrese canisters. Febrese spray was also needed. Limited parking if arriving later in the day. Hard sell to attend a time share presentation.

Good location; nice balcony; helpful staff; great master suite with a safe; equipped kitchen with pots, pans, dishes, and utensils

Checking in was a horrible experience.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was not under the impression that I was going there to buy something. I checked in got my room keys and was told to go see the concierge for my parking pass. I asked why she could not give me the parking pass she said she couldn't. That's when I knew they are trying to sell me something. I went over and sure enough a sales pitch. I said I was not interested and just wanted my parking pass and it did not work that way! Asking me why I wasn't interested. I told them I was on a trip to see family not to buy anything. I should not have to explain myself to just get a parking pass.

Relaxing
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We was in the basement and we could hear the people upstairs screaming running and sounds like they was falling

The location the staff the quietiness the comfort the view the activities center was great for the kids they attended classes they could make stuff on the day it was to rainy and cold to get out

AWESOME FAMILY TIME
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The location is the best. Very easy to get in and out on the main parkway. Also I called to let staff know that we would be late getting there because of weather. Was told no problem and when I got there to check in Vikki greeted us and was glad we made our trip safely.

Everything was really great. Our yearly womens trip was enjoyed by all. Your resort met all our need
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only complaint was one of the womens bed was not comfortable. She does have back problems so i dont think it was all about the bed.

There was four of us women and we really liked the rooms and space.the scenery was nice and the. Resort was very comfortable.

really enjoyed our stay, great place to relax
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

very clean, and comfortable rooms the rooms have everything you need just bring a snack because the restaurants are great, and very abundant, and so much to do in this town. we had a blast, and a great visit with our friends

We will stay there again...for sure!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We were disappointed with the first floor location and next time we'll make sure we have an upper level condo. The shower basin in the master bathroom needs to be re-grouted.

All the furnishings and the carpeting looked brand...the beds and living room furniture were extremely comfortable and the condo was very clean and spacious...plenty of elbow room.

Did not like that when acquiring a parking pass I felt...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Did not like that when acquiring a parking pass I felt pressured into coming to a breakfast which promoted Wyndham credit card and reward card. Did not like that at all!!

The property was very clean and in great shape.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property was very clean and in great shape. We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit and there was plenty of room and the unit was modern with all the amenities needed. Our children enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool area, play area and putt-putt golf course. The location was convenient to the Tanger Outlets, the Island and many other area attractions.

After checking into two other rooms first, the third room was the charm.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room we finally got was a newly renovated room. Some had not been and smelled a little musty. Ground floors were one flight down and had balconies we would have never used.

The property location was convenient. The layout of the room was nice and seemed to have everything that we needed. The staff was very helpful.

Beware!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

After checking in we were sent from the front desk to the other side of the lobby to get our parking pass. This should have been a red flag. We were then held hostage by a salesperson trying to get us to buy into the timeshare. We had driven all day and just wanted to get some lunch and she would not let us go for over an hour! It was one of our worst travel experiences. Beware!!!!

Resort is a bit older but in good condition overall, could use some updating.

Very good family place with lots of activities, friendly staff, lovely outdoor pool complex.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The first condo we were assigned needed an upgrade, better lighting. furniture was worn,dull, not well cleaned but second one was beautiful and clean.

The staff was very accommodating. Our assigned condo was not well cleaned so they immediately switched us to a newer brighter, cleaner condo. We especially enjoyed the beautiful pool facilities .

OK
    • One-Bedroom Condo

The hour check in Did not get the condo we booked Shower stall was old and dirty Chair bottom broken in dining area Carpet had large stain in living area As a first time customer I expected more. My wife and I took a tour of your resort In Myrtle Beach S C and we were anxious To stay at one of your resorts. So we were Disappointed this time. Thank You Larry and Mary Garrott

Staff and spacious rooms

Good place, no flexibility central management.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Be aware that you need you own car. you also need to bring your own food. I tried to extend my stay for one more night. even thought they do have availability, but the management told me to change the apartment to another one of the same type! there is no point of making a customer switch apartment when make extension if you have availability! so, they were trying to force me to leave in a polite way, which i did. I chose to leave the property over switching my apartment to the next door since it was a big hassle for me and my family. and by the way, the local management don't do anything regarding the reservation change, you would need to call their central reservation office somewhere in NY! the office also tried to invite me to their boring time-share marketing breakfast, which i did not go to. they kept calling me 2-3 times a day to make sure that i will attend.

Good for families, a lot of things to do in the club. close to some restaurants and Walmart. Good price for apartments. Take the walk-in level apartment if you have young kids or big bags, so you dont need to use elevators or stairs.

overall great
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

that we didn't get a chance to get in the pool because when we got back it was around 9 it would be nice if it was open til 12

I liked the space and the fact that we had a kitchen and Jacuzzi tub. My six year old enjoyed it very much.

Comfortable, roomy, but looking used
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

check in process is long and cumbersome. You have just spent a large amount of time getting there... then spend 30 minutes or more checking in and listening to a sales speech that many don't even qualify for. Also units are getting in need of some attention. they were clean & comfortable, but looking a bit 'used'.

Comfort, location, roomy

would not stay here again because the beds were uncomfortable
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The beds in both bedrooms were very uncomfortable The pools were too small

Good location and pretty setting Size of rooms were nice Nice indoor and outdoor pools with hot tub Liked miniature golf course

The beds were so comfortable.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only thing was if you didn't get back to the property till late it was hard to find parking

The beds were so comfortable. And the room was excellent . The staff was great they would call daily and leave messages to see if we needed anything. Very courteous staff and checkout was so easy, we just drove up and a member of the staff was right there to check us out without having to get out of the car.

Very enjoyable
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Check out was easy and my guestion about my refundable deposits were answered

At first we were placed on the bacement floor no view. I called and the staff moved us to another building on the 3rd floor that was closer to the activity center where our grandchildren could have easy access to the playground and pool. Thank you so much

Nice and clean but needs more help for check-in
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

When I called the desk 3 times on the 2nd, I just had to leave a message. And then I got a response later. I felt like talking to an actual person would be better.

Cleanliness and comfort I like the activity rooms and the pools.

We had a great relaxing quiet time!!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The king size fitted sheet was too small for the mattress but they brought me another one and we make that won't fit.

I love the condo because it had plenty of space for my family. The bathrooms what large and had enough towels for everyone.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

We loved our Great Smoky Vacation.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We booked to rent and when we checked in we were asked to attend an interval-ownership sales presentation scheduled the next day. We declined and were grateful that there was not a lot of pressure to do so. This resort is split into two areas divided by a highway and it is neither easy nor safe to walk to the other side. We chose to drive to the other side to get to the splash pad.

The view from the balcony was great and the children's play areas were very good. The swimming pools were well kept and the children loved the splash pad on the warm days.

Awesome!!!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

We had six people in our group and at check in I was told only 4 could connect to the free wifi, I complained about this because it meant I could only get my four children connected and not myself or my husband but management did give us another code so we could connect as well.

Rooms were spacious and clean. Resort was great, kids loved the pools and hot tub! Staff was very friendly, great location as well! Will definitely stay here anytime we visit the Smokies.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Awesome place! Had a great time
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Just closeness of town which has good and bad elements

Loved our room, facilities were a little close to town so not much nature element but also close to mall and other activities so that's good

Beautiful place, spacious.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Decaf offered at hospitality. Bad enough to be taken off caffeine!

Beds were great. whole facility was great. Rain rain rain so didn't spend time outside. Not on food option....

Not worth it!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't like how they don't have a daily maid service! The price is too much to not have a daily maid! Also, the check in proccess took way too long as if I was signing a lease! It looks like they were newly remodeled and they forgot to remodel the bathrooms. Too pricey for what your getting! Don't do it!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The beds were awful, the curtains weren't great at blocking the sun. Parkingwasnt great and the fact that a lot of the support beams had braces wasn't very comforting. Also you could hear people walking above our room.

Loved the location and look of the place.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

A lot of activities for the kids.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Ants were in the room. It was treated twice during our stay but they were still present when we checked out.

A lot of activities for the kids. Outside appearance was clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Upset Guest
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was not clean, mold in both bathrooms, and a filthy shower. After 3 separate calls, no one attempted to help, We bought cleaning supplies, and cleaned our selves. Once we completed the scrubbing of the mold and dirt and scum, we then showered. Awful experience. We took pictures. I'm bothered.

The size of the room

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Love the Resort, Dislike the Sales Pitch
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The Sales meeting! Pressure and time over what was promised and the sane old junk, maintenance was knocking on "unoccupied" rooms and knocked on ours and tried to open the door while my husband and I were at the meeting, scaring our daughter to death. The noise along the walkways are disturbing to the front bedrooms. Would be nice to enjoy the resort and not have to deal with Sales!

The facility and location

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Large Accomodations for a reasonable price.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The units were clean but the carpet and furniture was starting to show some age. They were actually in the process of upgrading the units.

The price for the condo was very reasonable and you get a lot for what you pay.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Beware of timeshare high pressure speech right at check-in
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I could have done without the shady way the staff lured my husband and I over to another desk to "pick up our parking pass" only to be bombarded and blindsighted with a Timeshare high pressure speech right when we checked-in. I didn't sign up for that, nor was it ever part of the agreement when I booked the stay. If this is a standard practice to all patrons, it needs to be listed clearly to all who are considering booking. We did not book the property at any discounted price so there was no reason we should have had to go through that process, especially it being the first impression, right when we are checking in and getting a feeling of the place. All we wanted to do after our long drive was start our vacation and that was what we were greeted with. Also, the rooms pictured on the sight must be of some they may have updated, however the room we were assigned was not as pictured. Overall, a decent place.

Easy breezy check-out process in the morning, you pull up and they come right out to your car.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Noisy neighbors that continued the entire stay called to be...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Noisy neighbors that continued the entire stay called to be moved but was told nothing available never received follow up from anyone regarding complaint

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg area is a great place to visit and unwind.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Living room furniture was uncomfortable. Of course the pictures on the internet showed big leather couches. Our's was not. The only shower had black mold and or mildew. You would'n't visit my home and see this condition. As far as I'm concerned I payed at least twice what I should have! You can't hide filth. See photo.

The bed was comfortable. There was black mold in the shower. See photo. Is there not anyone who checks these suites?

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Loved the space the apartment provided us with.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

We found receipts and makeup pencil shavings from a previous guest.

Loved the space the apartment provided us with. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The activity room provided us with a fun evening without all the crowds.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

I'm Coming Back Every Year!
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Everything!! The kitchen was FULLY stocked with appliances, the bed was perfect softness/hardness, the furniture was beautiful, the staff was sooooo friendly, had everything we would ever need!

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

First time saw roach like bugs in resort room!
    • One-Bedroom Condo

First time we ever saw bugs in resort. We killed half a dozen roach like bugs in 24 hours and missed several going under baseboards. Room above noisy and heard people outside talking thru window. Not top floor and had no balcony as requested. Handicapped room so no shower head nor bathtub. Room needed updated. Didn't live up to my expected Wyndham standards at all.

Bed was comfortable

beds were very comfortable, condo and resort property was...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast was not included as described when i booked the room, chose to book a condo at this property because info indicated breakfast was included and was disappointed that it wasn't (unless you sat though 90 min time share presentation, no thanks). Shower curtain was missing from room, had to ask staff to bring one which they did in about an hour.

beds were very comfortable, condo and resort property was clean and well maintained. Liked the amenities and family friendly activities onsite and the location to other restaurants and activities.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Great location, clean, and comfy.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Too much time trying to upsale you.

Great location, clean, and comfy.

LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR

NO PROBLEMS

VERY ENJOYABLE

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

We will stay with Wyndham again
    • One-Bedroom Condo

the view - we looked directly into some trees

the room was way more spacious that we were expecting and we loved the tub!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Location, apt size

There were two spiders alive and 1 dead

Location, apt size

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I love this property.
    • One-Bedroom Condo

Room was very spacious with LOTS of storage even though it was a one-bedroom. Kitchen facilities offered everything we needed.