Reviews of Best Western Plus Yacht Harbor Inn 3 stars

150 Marina Plaza, Dunedin, FL 34698, USA

#3 of 4 hotels in Dunedin

• King Room with Patio

All 3 water drains clogged. Toilet handle had to be jiggled. Led to an overall “ not clean “ feeling. Evan not tired feeling then I expected

Location, room size

When the tide is out, the mud smells fishy as most bays do. The hotel Says pet friendly, yet charge a LOT extra even if your pet doesn’t make any mess. The morning front desk lady seems to be more suited to property repossessions or prison guard. Remarked on me carrying food to my aging mother, and about me having a child, that she called children. Then acted like I was dumb for questioning her charging me WAY more than the agreed price for my very clean and personable dog when she made no mess, and we left the room clean. She upcharged 60 dollars for pet fee. I told her they should not say they are per friendly online with only two pet rooms and an upcharge like that. She said well we have had... but I don’t leave a torn up room. I won’t be staying there again.

Beaufully appointed room, with back door overlooking the sound. When the tide is in the is water at the back door. I liked that two parks are across the street making it easy to walk the dog. Breakfast is complementary.

I could not eat there because I could not pay for and include my daughter who lived locally. Therefore, I had to go out into the community and eat. This was an extra expense.

Location and great beds

• King Room with View

View from all the rooms is of the car park. Stunning sea view on other side of the building overlooked by glazed windows of bathrooms- huge waste. Bathrooms need updating. Rooms quite old fashioned.

Being so close to the sea. Nice bed. Friendly efficient staff at restaurant

I did not like the shower. It looked old and not so clean. There was a towel rack in front of the toilet and not a great location - hit my head several times.

I like that you now offer breakfast. Nice. The 2nd floor facing the water is very pleasant.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Staff claims to be pet friendly and I was accused of my pets barking all night when it was my neighbors dog. They wouldn't let me book another night stay😞

Beautiful view and the food was divine

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking was not ideal when the adjacent restaurant was crowded. Also, unless it was just my phone, the WiFi connection was not great.

The location was excellent! I also liked having a door on both sides of the room... one to the balcony and the other to the area overlooking the water. We saw tons of birds and fish and even had a dolphin and a stingray swim up close to the deck/railing!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Non Smoking

The parking was a little frustrating. The bathroom needs to be updated.

The beds were extremely comfortable. The room was large and very clean. The hotel is right in downtown Dunedin. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants, it was perfect.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

I understand the amount I paid for our stay is primarily due to location but I thought our room would have been in better shape. The ceiling in our bathroom had the worst patch job that the ceiling was bubbling and was done very unprofessionally. Felt as if the patch job may rip from the moisture of the shower. The shower had the faucet on one end and the shower head on the other. It felt like the room itself was part of the hotel but the bathroom was a quick add on. Was disappointed in size of room as pictures on website made it seem larger.

The location was very close to shops and places to eat. All within walking distance. Has a pier close by to view the water and to sit and relax along with a walking trail that runs along the water.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

When we ask for accessible, the bathroom should be a walk-in shower and there should be a bar around the flush. The doors need to be wide enough for WC. We didn't need a suite we just needed an accessible facility for wheelchairs.

The location was so close to the walking trails, ball park and was in a very easy place to locate.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

There is a rotten egg smell when the tide is low, but that can't be helped.

The scenery is awesome and the new continental breakfast area is fantastic!!

• King Room with View

The fact that we came back from the beach & had to walk with children there were no parking spots for your hotel people who paid to stay there.

Location, very clean

• King Room - Bayview - Non Smoking

The mattress was far to soft gave us back ache

All staff we very helpful, breakfast was a bonus , coffee was good , location great ,Dunedin excellent place to visit

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We found a dead cockroach in the middle of the room, one day we came back, and that can happen. Breakfast was not great, just very simple, but fortunately Dunedin has a good amount of nice restaurants on walking distance that serve excellent breakfast.

The bed was fine, as were the room, the view from the room, the parking, the staff, the elevator, the wifi.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bay View

Walls allowed you to hear what was going on in the next room. A little uncomfortable when you can hear people arguing!

Location, breakfast,cleanliness

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

The front desk staff were cordial but could be friendlier. Adam was helpful and pleasant when I had an Internet connection problem.

Housekeeping staff especially Allesandra was delightful, attentive and friendly

• King Room with View

The room was a bit smaller than many other Best Westerners are. No couch and only one comfortable chair. The frig was full of things for sale which didn’t leave much space for personal things.

Waterfront by hotel and the ability to walk around the area which is very nice.

• King Room with View

The upstairs rooms where I was located had a unique slant ceiling with a triangular window at the top. There was no curtain so when going to sleep it was difficult because the lights from the parking lot shone into the room all night. I spoke with the front desk and they confirmed the 'issue' and shared that the downstairs rooms did not have this feature.

I liked the location and the staff.

• King Room with View

Bright light right outside the window at night, and there was no blind on the upper part of the window.

I liked my patio. I liked that I could walk to downtown Dunedin.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

second floor windows without curtains - like sleeping in broad daylight - terrible feature - we asked to be moved to ground floor - you should notify customers at point of booking

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

The hang tags on the door only have "Do Not Disturb," so it would be nice if one side said "Please service room" or something like that.

• King Room - Bayview - Non Smoking

Hotel in a beautiful location. Walking distance to everything! $5 trolley pass took us to surrounding areas like Clearwater and Tarpon Springs. Great food everywhere we went!

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Light from the street pours in at night as there are no blinds on the upper roof windows. The air conditioning is really noisy and although the control on the wall says cooling, the machine itself throws out hot air

Size of room was good. Clean. Well situated within Dunedin. Restaurant excellent if you sit outside

• King Room with View

The bathroom sink was too far away from the Mirror for make up application could use another mirror in the main room.

The Property is beautifully located on the water and nestled in a lovely little downtown area filled with Boutiques, Galleries, Restaurants even a Small fun Night Club as well as Parks and places to stroll. A perfect place for a weekend getaway!

• King Room with Patio

Bed to soft,patio was not what we thought it was going to be ,no loungers,and set at front of property ,railings at back by water felt a little unsafe

Complementary breakfast,location,very friendly staff,accommodation was good

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

the staff the facility the location was top notch. a week after hurricane irma, and you couldn't tell anything had happened. the complimentary breakfast had anything you could want. the viewout the back door was beautiful.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Rooms are musty smelling and very noisy, especially on weekends. This is an older property that has been refurbished, but very haphazardly. The location is unbeatable, but this hotel is beat. The rate I paid was exorbitant for the condition of the property. If you go, ask for a room on the second floor because first floor rooms open right onto a very busy parking lot. Unfortunately we found the free breakfast to be pretty much inedible although the pancake machine was entertaining.

The town of Dunedin is beautiful and there is lots to do. You're right at the marina. The adjacent Bon Apetit restaurant is wonderful and the outdoor bar is fun.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

Toilet clogged and ask front desk to send someone to fix, and they said we will give you a plunger instead of fixing.

Bed was comfy, location was good , cleaning staff was nice, senior friendly.

• King Room - Bayview - Non Smoking

Coffee in included in the breakfast buffet.

Liked the option of bicycle rentals we did the Pinellas trail. The room was a nice size and used the fridge, coffee pot, and the bed was quite comfortable. the breakfast buffet was average, did not care for the coffee. we didn't get the chance to use the pool or hot tub, but really likes the location of the hotel.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Non Smoking

Parking was inconvenient and fragmented. Rooms were malodorous and bathrooms were below standards.

Rooms had extra space which was helpful with traveling with children

• King Room with Bay View

Really liked the hotel, but walls were paper thin. Television, conversation, phone calls, Everything from adjoining rooms was as if there wasn't a wall at all.

Great location, convenient, beautiful views

• King Room with View

I didn't like when I received your e mail confirmation that you said I couldn't cancel the reservation that I made a week early!!! And it would be charged to my card. Probably wont deal with for this reason. Booking.com again

Watching my own dolphin show from my balcony railing or I'd have missed it.)I IThey came right up to the railing. (The housekeeper had told me to watch for them in the later afternoon

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bay View

Very friendly, helpful staff. Conveniently located next to a municipal marina making it easy to launch and leave our boat while we were visiting Dunedin. Our room was comfortable and had absolutely no doggy smell (we were traveling with our puppy) and Honeymoon Island has a wonderful dog beach to boat to.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

The fish smell from the back door area, after the rain or low tide.

Always had fresh coffee! Housekeeping was super friendly and respectful. I loved the front and back door with the private patio. Best value for our money as well. Overall, we were very happy with our stay at Best Western Yacht Harbor!

• King Room with Bay View

Breakfast was just okay. Sausage undercooked, omelets overcooked. Great location but strange setup. Motel is on the water but rooms are not. Assume this must have been something else before it became a Best Western. Doors are on water but no windows to water. Patios on parking lot side. Very odd. Bathroom looked like an add-on. Upgraded sink but mold in bathtub (pet complaint of mine) and bathroom door trim looked eaten at the bottom. Not sure what ate it!

Location was great and restaurant on water looked so nice. Sorry we didn't eat or drink there.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Non Smoking

The stores were in a tourist area but they were closed on Sundays and Mondays - the days we were there. Most tourists travel on the weekends and those stores should be open on Sundays and Mondays. I was looking forward to going in the hot tub before bed, but it closed at 10:00. After the high price we paid for one night, we should have been able to use the hot tub after 10:00. The free breakfast was really bad.

I liked the location. It was in walking distance of a tourist shopping area with a really good restaurant called Alfresco. And we could walk around the docks and look at the boats. You could fish there if you wanted.

• King Room with View

Room cleanliness not up to my standard. Acoustics were horrible. A couple next to us were loud and yelling until 3 am. One of the beefs in our room needs to be replaced. Pound breaking springs.itvwsd designed in such a way that there is continuous light in the room all night long.

Location was good. Front desk person was nice.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

No eggs, no breakfast at all. No light over kitchen area, informed desk attendant who submitted a work order. Never fixed. Sink drain in bathroom ran slow. Doubt if the drain as ever cleaned out. Way over priced!

Scenery, quiet rooms! Could really not tell if you had others in next room except if in bathroom and you could hear their shower running. Loved the bar and wait staff in restaraunt and open bar.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

Noisy with construction and garbage truckload one day.

Large Rooms, View was beautiful, wonderful tiki bar and restaurant nearby. they are putting in a new breakfast area. They supplied us a bagged breakfast of muffins and fruit daily and had a coffee area.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room with View

The location can't be beat! Right on the harbor with views of the gorgeous bay! There is a fun restaurant and bar right at the end of the property...only complaint is that it closes early on weeknights-9 pm.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room with Bay View

Hotel was too expensive, poorly operated, and poorly maontained. I will not go back, nor will I reccomended it.

Great location. On the water, pier close by, close to town (Dunedin, Fla).

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

It was not a problem to us as we were allowed to park by the office; but there was an event at the restaurant and there were no parking spaces available for us to park. It was just an inconvenience at the time. The hotel employee on duty could not have been more accommodating or polite to us.

The room was bright and cheerful. The balcony is like frosting on the cake! We also enjoyed the pool and the hot tub. Everything was clean and very appealing. We also enjoyed the new "Grab & Go" breakfast, great addition to the room!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• King Room with View

The hotel was located close to the water. The downtown area is very nice and walkable fro the hotel. If Ihad a complaint it would be that there was no place in the hotel for breakfast. They had carryout lunches with muffins, apple and water.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I don't know how a hotel can give you a room directly over construction. I checked in and walked out on my balcony to look down on pickup truck with a bunch of workers and their radio - couldn't even enjoy the afternoon out there. Friday morning was worse, they were hammering at 7am -no exageration- then the saw started around 8- I WAS ON VACATION- I asked them to change our room- front desk woman could have cared less- only thing she had was a standard double bed room- tiny ... I checked on line and they did have other suites available but we toughed it out and left Saturday - not a welcoming place- customers definitely don't come first- also the pool was clear across the parking lot from the outdoor bar meaning you couldn't carry a drink back to the pool- restaurant was very pricey - food was ok- so disappointed in this trip.

The only thing I liked was the space in our suite - roomy, open

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

When we arrived the desk did not have our reservation. Said they received notice from you & asked back for further info but did not get reply from you. They were able to give us a room.

Price, location right on our route

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Hotel is older but they are working on updating it. We had trouble with the lock to get into the room...it needs a new lock.

Tge rooms are large and clean. Awesone view of the ocean. Fun little town...we will be back!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

Not much not to like. A bit pricey, but that was about the only negative.

Great location, walk to everything, including the ballpark. Nicely decorated room, great beds and shower, refrigerator and wet bar are a nice touch.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Balcony

We didn't get to stay the second night we had hoped for & had to move to the Holiday Inn. There was no coffee shop available & we had sack snacks. Not acceptable to the price we paid for the room.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bay View

Property is in marina area and a little pricey.

Small town atmosphere with harbor marina was very friendly and food choices in area were very good. Really liked walking out back door to water view. Room was very spacious and tile very pet friendly. We will be going back next year. I told a number of people about this property.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

The beds/mattresses need to be replaced. Squeaked and were not as comfortable as you expect for this price hotel. Bathroom in this room was very small. Restaurant adjacent to hotel was good but very pricey.

The location of this property is fantastic! Walk or bike to restaurants, shops, etc. Watched sunrise from front of room and sunset from the pier. Loved the terrace out our back door...literally a veranda across harbor and rear of entire hotel. Dunedin is the most incredible destination spot with so much to do and see. I even recommend it as a place to live.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• King Room with View

We had a lack of hot water early one morning but it was quickly remedied after we notified the desk.

Location to local downtown but on the marina. Saw dolphins out our back door!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• King Room with Bay View

Bathroom was small and the towel rack not well placed. Almost kept hitting my head on it Everytime I used the toilet.

The room was wonderfully clean. Amazing views. Great face lift on an old favorite establishment. Dinner at Bon Appetite was excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Tv was too small for how big the room was. And the tile was super cold. Maybe getting an area rug would be a good idea.

Bed was amazing. Nice place to eat.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• King Room with Patio

Could have had fresh coffee and cream in lobby...

The location was excellent. ..walking distance to downtown...I travel alone and felt safe..very clean but not luxury...but comfortable. .

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• King Room with Patio

Great location, right at the marina, next to the best restaurant in the area (Bon Appetit) and in walking distance of the shops and restaurants of Main Street.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• King Room with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The staff could have been friendlier and the bathroom wasn't spotlessly clean.

The rooms were very spacious and nicely updated, and the location literally couldn't have been better. 5 minute walk from multiple shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

We were there only 1 night. To stay a week or month we would like a little better price.

Room was recently updated; sparkling, spacious with big windows and closets; had micro and little refrig; amenities we needed, bed and sheets very nice. View of the bay and marina were wonderful, and most of the units have the same view. Very walkable to quaint Dunedin. Parking close to room.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• King Room with Patio

Only the rooms on the second floor with balconies ensure a view of the marina across the hotel's parking space. No adequate darkening, but early-birds won't care ;-)

Nice hotel at a very good location near lovely Dunedin downtown

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Distaff on the front Desks I believe they should hire a more educated person, she'll be younger, and could be a little bit more professional. when we got there the room wasn't ready then we had to come back, tham I asked to speak with the manager and she refused to call the manager, the employee in the front desk set to come back in an hour then we came back in an hour and a half and the rooms still wasn't ready then they say well she goes I say can I speak to the manager she said no because the manager is busy I said what I need to speak to him oh I don't have no way to contact him then I asked when is gonna be ready she say at 3 o'clock I say you get and you telling me that I'm coming from Miami and he's not ready and you knew that I was coming at 10 o'clock I was coming here and I send her email saying that I was coming I'm gonna be here by 12 OK now you tell me the moon is going to be ready at 3 o'clock that's an acceptable so I asked to speak to the manager and she refused that's when I left and then I will call back because the room was ready when I got there they were cleaning the room

Everything was beautiful I've been there before and I rent two bed, this time I rent a suite and when I ride everything is very convenient everything is closed and everything is very beautiful but

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with View

No breakfast was available at the restaurant. The restaurant that is next door to this motel is no longer owned by the same company. The website stated that breakfast could be purchased for a small fee paid to the motel, but that is no longer true. The ocean water near the motel smells very bad. So we did not sit outside on the bench to watch the pelicans, storks, and sea gulls. The smell of the ocean water was too offensive.

The room was comfortable and decorated nicely. We had a room on the second/top floor which had a vaulted ceiling. The rooms have been renovated which is good.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Bay View

The air conditioning was very loud, making it difficult to sleep. Also, I expected a harbor view from my room when booking, not just an entrance off a balcony. Also, no breakfast included in the price (or a discount at the restaurant).

The location was great, the rooms were clean and comfortable with nice decor.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Bathroom too cramped. Towel rack toooo close to toilet. Smacked my head pretty hard and almost twice 😟

My bed was great and the location to town perfect

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Room with Patio

The lady at the front desk was so rude to my wife and i. Also she was rude to the elderly man that was in front of us.

The room was great and the view was so wonderful. We had a great time at that location.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds-Disability Access

The pool needs checking - jaccuzzi isn`t working properly

Best was that we had no nasty surprises. All was as expected. We are in the loyalty scheme so we know the standard we expect of BW

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds-Disability Access

The $100 incidental fee in case of damages. They asked for a credit card (in case of accidents/damages) and an additional $100 that is taken out and put back on several days later. Also, did NOT APPRECIATE the shower curtain instead of a bathroom door. Not private or discreet.

Hotel was clean and in an excellent location. Very nice room and views were amazing. Staff was helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds-Disability Access

Requested a handicapped accessible Room Bathroom so small my mother had trouble accessing it with her walker. No grab bars to help her on and off toilet.

Loved the beautiful water views.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

Wanted to purchase breakfast ticket and take to room due to feeling bad and told no. Husband was going to eat there and bring to me after.

Nice clean room well supplied

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Main reason for choosing this hotel was close to my nephew's minor league baseball game. He was transferred the week before we were to arrive, but the no-refund policy of reservation changes within a week didn't allow us to change our travel plans. Wasn't going to lose that much money. Also, the installation of the toilet between 2 very tight walls was extremely uncomfortable, no room whatsoever. Have never had that experience before at any hotel, and I've stayed at hundreds over the years. Very uncomfortable!

Large bedroom, Jacuzzi tub, great restaurant on property.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• King Room with View

The walls are paper thin with noise level from the adjoining room very irritating. Problem was the guests were not noisy at all but you could hear every movement, conversation, etc due to the lack of any sound proofing.

The location was superb and the staff were very fantastic!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Non Smoking

Nothing, everything just fine wonderful stay in Dunedin

Nice clean property , comfortable rooms and great locstion

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Private Patio - Marina View - Non Smoking

one staff member was not very pleasant view from the patio room means you see the parking lot

location, able to walk everywhere in Dunedin

• King Room with View

Nothing to complain about.

Location, staff,views all excellent.

• King Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Great food and service and clean restrooms.

Na

The bed was amazingly comfy, the views were great