Reviews of Hotel Zaza Houston Museum District 4 stars

5701 Main Street, Houston, TX 77005, USA

#44 of 389 hotels in Houston

Good place but prolly won’t stay there again
    • Petite Queen Room

The entrance was small compared to the hotel size. Valet parking was always crowded. The price was a bit higher for what they offered. I would probably go back to staying in downtown when I travel.

The location was good. Liked to stay in art district.

Location is great and friendly staff.
    • Balcony Double

The elevators were extremely slow. The hotel seemed like it lacked upkeep. Smelled of mold. The rate is too high/expensive for this hotel.

Location is great and friendly staff.

Location was very good.
    • Balcony Double

The hotel is dark, even in the bathroom...My room had a headboard knocked off level..Window had seal broken so you really couldn't see through it..I thought the pool bar personnel could have been more helpful....bed was hard...

Location was very good...view was wonderful..room was clean.

Lovely hotel in a great location! Would not hesitate to stay here again.
    • Petite King

They said there would be newspapers at the coffee stations but there weren’t

Coffee stations on each floor in the morning. Also the free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius and the traditional texan horns on the shuttle! Both were a great touch.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Hotel ZaZa review
    • Balcony Double

Not that I didn't like it but I found the hotel lobby very dark. You need more light in that area. I almost had to pull out my phone light to see where I was signing when checking in. (about 1:00 PM). We did have a wonderful time. ( they need more restaurants near your area :) )

the location was perfect. Close to all of the museums. The pool and pool staff were wonderful.

Beautiful, posh and modern hotel that made me think I was back in Europe!!
    • Balcony King

Upon entry, the staff were extremely helpful. I informed them that I made last minute plans for my husbands birthday and they told me about things I could do in the area that might be fun for him and even arranged champagne and cake for the room!! Not only was the staff helpful with this but seemed genuinely excited for us!! My husband was ecstatic! They really made our stay special. The dinner on the patio at Monarch was really romantic; good food! We got back to the room and found a candle lit for our special stay :) This place and staff are amazing! The shuttle service is very helpful for getting around the area and made us feel like royalty! An excellent idea for a romantic weekend. I can't wait to go back

Excellent time...we will definitely be back!
    • Petite King

The only problem I experienced was someone walked in on me during a massage. The masseuse and the manager acted quickly and compensated me for the interruption.

I loved the customer service from entering the front door, to front desk, restaurant, housekeeping, and spa!

The hotel provided a free shuttle for transportation to...
    • Balcony Double

The room was smaller than expected and it was not kid-friendly. The hotel is close to museums and other attractions, but restaurant options etc were limited within walking distance.

The hotel provided a free shuttle for transportation to locations within a few miles.

An exclusive boutique hotel.
    • Petite King

The rooms are quite small for the price.

Out of this world customer service really. Nothing else to be said. The shuttle service is really good. The food at the restaurant or at the pool is also very good.

Fabulously chic hotel, excellent service!
    • Petite Queen Room

Trendy hotel in the heart of the medical district. Very friendly and attentive staff, clean rooms, comfy beds. What's not to love? Fabulous stay, highly recommend!

Hotel ZaZa came highly recommended and so happy I listened.
    • Balcony Double

Hotel ZaZa came highly recommended and so happy I listened. My son and I had a great visit. Staff was so pleasant and accommodating. My pedicure with Veresa made me wish I lived in Houston! I also loved the city view!

My son was visiting MD Anderson and not feeling well and the hotel’s service made his stay comfy!
    • Balcony Double

I was disturbed to see what was quite obviously a man and his prostitute at the pool. I would hope the hotel would be on the alert! Sex trafficking is a serious problem in our country. I should have alerted someone but had never been in that situation before and hadn’t thought through what is the right thing to do. I regret that.

Very comfy beds and cheerful and helpful staff. Wonderful Spa!

Nice girls trip but there are better hotels. This one didn’t live up to the hype.
    • Balcony Double

Pool food and drink menu is blah. It’s also overpriced. For those prices choices and quality should be better. I live in Austin. There are tons of better experoences than that. I was disappointed with the pool experience. And they allow smoking at the pool area.

No wait, personal check in experience.

Beautiful hotel in the heart of the museum district
    • Petite Queen Room

Our room was directly over the ballroom. There was a wedding that evening that had a very loud DJ. Things were so loud, in fact, that we could sing along in bed! The evening went on an hour longer than the front desk advised us. It was well after midnight before things quieted down enough for us to go to sleep. Before things finally shut down we made second call to the front desk that was met with less that courtesy. However, in the morning, the manager more than made up for it with apologies for the evening, her employee, and with a sizable discount. Based on her treatment of us as her customers, we will most definitely return, albeit we will ask for a room far away from the ballroom!

The ambiance was lovely.

With a little tweaking could be much better.
    • Balcony King

Room smelled very musty and shower floor was tile and was very sloppily repaired. Some of the hotel staff did not have great command of the English language.

Great location and comfortable beds. Valet parking was expensive but they were very friendly and prompt. Fresh baked cookies in lobby, but were only out for short period very late in the day.

- Stylish design, cozy lobby but whatever shines is not gold
    • Petite King

- Room not cleaned up after the first day - Expired chocolate in the mini bar - Small room - Tragic restaurant with bad food and totally unprofessional staff

- Stylish design, cozy lobby but whatever shines is not gold - Excellent location, as the hotel is few steps away from major museums

My husband did not feel comfortable. We
    • Balcony Double

Water leaking from ceiling/ room too dark/ it took lots of effort to get something fixed/ Someone on staff yelling very loudly and angrily at me at door when I was sick and could not answer/ leaving breakfast order on door before time designated 3-4 and no one picking it up.

Bed was great/ liked balcony/

Wonderful stay. Will definitely stay with hotel again!
    • Balcony Double

Easy access to the metro rail line. Staff that went out of their way to assure we had everything we needed. Complimentary driving service to nearby attractions.

Overall, a very nice stay.
    • Petite Queen Room

There was a small mix-up. I had called to upgrade to 2 beds and they upgraded me to a king bed instead. I had 3 adults so that wasn't really sufficient. The lady who checked me in was extremely helpful and got me a roll away bed at no extra cost. Unfortunately, the roll away was not as comfortable as the regular bed.

The decor was beautiful and the food in the restaurant was top notch! So good, in fact, that I was completely stuffed after each meal.😋

Dated but still stylish; great restaurant.

Crowded entrance -- lots of cars and hard to get a Lyft or taxi. Rooms are showing a little wear.

Great design -- old but still works. Excellent restaurant.

Uncomfortable
    • Balcony Double

No hot water and pool was closed

Upon Check we were given a Notice that there wil not be hot water from 11-6am Unaccetable for The amount of money paid and the pool was closed

The overall feel was that the Zaza needs to be renovated and managed better. Would not recommend.
    • Balcony King

The hotel felt 'past its prime.' I'm from Houston and knew the property when it was the Warwick, and had stayed at Zaza once several years ago. Problems: 1. Difficulties at check-in. I booked 2 king balcony rooms on booking.com. We arrived at about 5pm. Although reservations were in same last name, it took over 6 minutes to locate the second reservation, with the checkin staff saying several times that we had only one room. Once I showed the email confirmation, the second room was found. However, the rooms were not ready. I was with my 93-year-old mother, so the delay was unwelcome. It took another 20 minutes for the rooms to be prepared and to obtain keys. * A staff member brought us a glass of wine to compensate, which was nice, but was not what we needed, access to our rooms; 2. On our floor, the ice maker was marked on door, "out of order." 3. The 7th floor had a musty smell. The carpet in hallway and in our rooms was worn; 4.. The pool on 2nd floor was marked, "out of order due to maintenance;" 5. No timely housekeeping. Next morning after checkin, we left at 10am and returned at 4pm. We had less than two hours in rooms to get ready for a 6pm event. I called housekeeping, and they asked me, "did you call to ask for housekeeping this morning?" as though it had been my fault the rooms were not clean. They said they would send someone up to clean, and they did, but the cleaning occurred during the only 2 hours we really needed the rooms during that day. After I complained, the manager called and gave us $100 per room for one of our two booked nights and a $50 certificate and two breakfast passes (which unfortunately, we couldn't use.) The manager was exceeding nice. However, it did not change the fact that we had no private access to a clean hotel room for the only two hours that day we really needed it. 6. The elevators were consistently slow and full of people.

Nice hotel that could use a little fine tuning
    • Petite King

• the AC/heat was broken and the room was crazy hot. Maintenance came and fixed it, but it was pretty sweltering for a long time • there’s no coffee maker in the room (they put coffee out by the elevator around 6:00 AM) and so at 5:00 AM on a Monday, it was tough finding coffee, which seems really strange for this tier of hotel. An open Starbucks wasn’t in walking distance. • the extra blanket they keep in the closet was very damp (from the last cleaning, I hope!). Kinda weird that housekeeping would leave that in there like that.

I stayed 24 hours. Staff was great. They were always helpful and efficient and kind enough to give me a late check out. Nice pool and decent gym.

Excellent bedding
    • Balcony Double

Very expensive, average room. Difficult to access complementary car service. Staff not knowledgeable about surrounding attractions. Would not stay again.

Excellent bedding

Awesome experience

Everything was superb

We stayed with y'all do to weather conditions and my husband was having surgery on Tuesday morning. He's a terminal cancer patient, and he's always wanted to stay at Hotel Zsa. James was amazing in accommodating all of our room needs.

I will definitely be back.
    • Balcony Double

I was unable to login to the free wifi from my mobile device. The address came back as an error.

Bed, pillows, coffee bar in the hallway and car service available to guest.

Excellent but I would not use booking.com again because of the difficulties
    • Petite King

Other staff that could not work with booking.com portion of reservatoon both in my calls prior to arrival and at check in

Helpful staff, excellent restaurant, afternoon coffee etc in lobby

We left our room before 8 AM and when we returned after 3 PM...
    • Petite King

We left our room before 8 AM and when we returned after 3 PM, it had not been cleaned. I had to call housekeeping to request maid service. The hotel was definitely not full....however, given the location (near our old Houston neighborhood), we definitely will consider staying at ZaZa again and hope housekeeping is more on top of its business.

The hotel and the staff were very nice, professional and accommodating. Very impressed.
    • Balcony Double

Parking was complicated for those who didn’t valet.

The hotel was beautiful upon entry. Check in was a breeze. There was a wedding the day we arrived, the hotel staff was very organized and prepared and we were checked in and in our room in less than 10 minutes.

Trendy and fashionable but very professional on all counts!!
    • Grande King

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and the staff were outstanding. The hotel is very very cool and will be returning for a longer stay next time!!

Very good apart from the loud music to 11.30 pm as already mentioned.
    • Petite King

Loud Music above our room on the 10th floor. Stopped at 11.30pm. People booking on this floor need to be made aware of this prior to accepting the floor. Staff were apologetic Etc but it's a pity as otherwise we considered hotel to be very good.

Comfortable room. Décoré. Breakfast room. Helpful staff

EPIC! One of the best hotels ever!
    • Balcony King

That we couldn't stay longer.

Amazing! Boutique hotel with courteous staff, guest area exotic and fun, room epic. We were at the end of a 2-week vacation, and the bed at the hotel was sooo comfortable! I would highly recommend this hotel.

Well stocked minibar.
    • Balcony King

Well stocked minibar. Very friendly Housekeeping and Room service staff. Loved the tasty and generous Home Made Granola Breakfast (room service). Nice SUV shuttle service to GRB Convention Center. Friendly Drivers.

Chic, cool, fashionable, luxe hotel.
    • Grande Queen

Maid knocking on door at 8.30, say of check out, was unnecessary.

Beautiful, fashionable property on a grand scale. Had a small problem with hotel plumbing and reception staff went beyond call of duty to make amends. They want you to enjoy your stay.

• Petite King

This hotel was possessed There was something creepy about it You feel that there are someone in your room My friend had the same thing His stuff was moved often from its original places like they removed his things from the bag to the table and vice versa This hotel definitely is possessed There are ghosts in the room I don’t recommend anyone to go there

Great stay, but not a goog bussines option. Accomodaiton a little too expensive for business
    • Petite Queen Room

I had to use Valet parking. No other parking was available. Great service, but pricy

The shower/bathroom was great The bed really comfortable The pillows a little too soft.

Very nice.
    • Balcony Double

I stay here with my adult daughter for her checkup at MDA. It is convenient to the clinics, and the shuttle is helpful. The atmosphere is very nice and you do not feel like you are in a hospital associated hotel.

Staycation
    • Balcony Double

It's valet parking only, which is fine, but it was VERY crowded, so it took a long time. Give yourself 20 extra minutes just to get your car and get out of the driveway or just uber.

We were here to celebrate my daughter's 10th birthday. Hotel is boutique -y, cute and clean. Complimentary coffee was in the hall, the pool and surrounding areas are clean and gorgeous. They had a pool float for use abd gave the kids free popsicles. Great stay-cation spot.

Pampered time at the Zzz
    • Grande Queen

I'm not allowed to have this place as my full time resident..

Pool was amazing and the shuttle service made our evening extremely carefree! Added bonus was the free hotel bike that we used to ride around Rice University and the Park. Fun Fun place to stay in Houston!

Perfect!
    • Balcony Double

Lindt chocolates on your bed at night. Balconies in the rooms. Free coffee and tea on the hallways in the mornings. Free cold water bottles and gatorade in the lobby early in the mornings for your workout. It's in front of Herman park and walking distance to the museums and Rice university. Staff were extra nice. Over all a perfect stay. Ideal if you are between the ages of 25 - 35.

Great place to stay and enjoy the Museum District by foot
    • Balcony Double

We weren't crazy about the pizza crust on the pizzas ordered, but everything else was great.

Staff made kids feel super welcome and was very helpful. The pool was nice and relaxing after walking through the Museum all day. Museums and Zoo are in walking distance, making it an easy family vacation.

Recommended
    • Balcony Double

The massages could have been a bit better. The team who serviced my daughter and I were ok and did try but I have had better massages elsewhere.

The staff was great. Loved the decor. Used the bicycles on site to explore the surrounding area. The pool area was nice with comfortable lounge chairs and great service. The spa was lovely with amazing amenities. The service my daughter and I received was average.

Knocked my socks off!
    • Balcony King

I wish parking was free with having a room. Valet was expensive.

The staff was amazing. The young lady upgraded my room to make my stay exceptional. She said she was going to knock my socks and she didn't disappoint me.

I would definitely stay again
    • Balcony Double

There was only Valet for parking options

From the check in to check out every single staff member I i teracted with showed Fantastic customer service skills

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

It’s my favorite hotel and the only one I stay at when I’m...
    • Grande King

That I couldn’t stay longer. I’ll be back.

It’s my favorite hotel and the only one I stay at when I’m in Houston. There was an amazing girl who helped me upgrade my room. I’ll have to get back to you on her name.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

ZaZow in the Museum District!
    • Balcony Double

The only problem, and it's not a big deal if you don't mind using public transit, is that there's no way to get to the galleria (mall) if that's what you have in mind. The hotel car will take you anywhere else within a six mile radius.

Accommodations and staff were top notch. Hotel restaurant breakfast started each day a great way. Coffee was provided at the butler bar on each floor from 6-10. No small room single use coffee makers!

Nothing was up to standard don't waste your time.

Nothing was up to standard don't waste your time. My experience has been the worst at this property from beginning to end. Check in took approximately 30min looking for my reservation even had to pull up reservation with my phone showed clerk still unable to find. Then they put me in a another room with a slight different rate. Then I made special request that was now unfulfilled. It was a special day I planned for my husband. Even after all that we made the best out of it. Then we checkout after a few days and realized they charged my card for a no show. Then I called to resolve it and here we go again they're taking me around the block to fix the issue. Now it's not 39mins its 2days. I will never stay here again. Iam not impress!!!! Let me say this my husband and I go to the bar and we sit there for 10min before someone acknowledges us. While they discuss the new items on the menu. We had to say to them excuse me can we get a drink when they have looked at us for 10-15min. I'm so piss.... Not worth the money hospitality was not there making your get wait and charging 300 to 600 a night!!!! Service needs to upgrade

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Good hotel with great staff, a little overpriced perhaps
    • Grande Queen

Bathroom could do with updatin. Not too many shops or restaurants in the area within walking distance. Room size and facilities less than expected for the price.

Location in the museum district was really great, staff were very helpful and friendly

lovely weekend in Houston
    • Pool Bungalow King

I just wish it was warm enough to swim..the pool was So Lovely looking!

Room was excellent! The bed view of the pool! Loved the bar and restaurants...staff So friendly and professional! Loved the deco..if I go back to Houston I would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Everything was wonderful.

Loved everything!!

Everything was wonderful.... ESPECIALLY the Staff! We arrived (me, my husband and 4 month old). We had booked a grande king room, but the staff quickly noticed our baby and upgraded us to a gorgeous suite!! We had a sectional couch and a tub that made it easy for bathing and middle of the night feeds. I was so grateful! Plus the hotel was gorgeous, wonderful style and perfect location. Would recommend to anyone!! 5 Stars!!!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Room was excellent, very well proportioned and furnishings...
    • Balcony King

The fact that this was a balcony room with only a minimal shower and no bathtub was surprising. The television lacked guide service and on-demand programming of any kind

Room was excellent, very well proportioned and furnishings were lovely. Despite the occasion going on in the hotel, no noise was heard in the room.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

ZaZa delivers... after an average start!
    • Petite Queen Room

Staff attention issues prior to/upon arrival. "Challenging" start on 1st day of stay. Concierge never confirmed times of requested spa treatments. Had to make our own appts. - times were later than requested. Requested unique restaurant recommendations for Houston "eclectic". Never got return call or email (first bad sign might have been the "reply to all" for email requests). Found our "Houston's Best" in our Zagat book. Wife's room service for first day breakfast - 45 minutes late. (Compensated with free breakfast for rest of the 3-day stay by attentive staff member).

The upgrades given on the first day - we had a few staff attention issues! (Free breakfast/drinks) Concierge/Staff after the first night's stay seemed more attentive. Great Room - request honored for quiet room at the end of the hall. Surprised by wine/strawberries upon arrival for our belated wedding anniv. celebration. Nice, quiet room, soft bed/linens/pillows. Friendly valet and "ZaZa Car" staff good. Hotel was very close to museum (across the street) for our planned visit to the Degas exhibition. Trip purpose was half biz/half pleasure. Restaurants we found ourselves on Zagat exceeded our expectations, Café Azur (chef's owner's wife - Maria) and Pax Americana (waiter Seth) - highly recommend!!! Food was OUTSTANDING at both. Room service & hotel restaurant food was great... after bumpy first day start. Staff is empowered to acknowledge and FIX service issues... Good job there! Hotel ZaZa just got better and better the longer we stayed.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great value
    • Grande King

Air conditioning unit was very loud.

Room was large and comfortable. Loved having a balcony. Had dinner and breakfast in hotel restaurant and they were both great value and tasty.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Amazing!
    • Balcony Double

I would recommend serving bloody Mary's in your restaurant before 11am on sundays. Just a thought!

The staff (Lee, Mel, Donnie) were amazing!!!! Awesome beds and pillows! Would love to stay again!!!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

"Interesting"
    • Balcony King

I could have had a bathtub! 2nd stay & no damn tub!

I love the ambiance! The energy and atmosphere of the people there are on point & amazing.

Baecation
    • Balcony King

Excellent customer service. Beautiful boutique hotel. The King Balcony Suite felt very romantic. My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay.

The property was very beautiful I would recommend staying...
    • Petite King

The property was very beautiful I would recommend staying here.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Nice

Very pricey

Good location and value.
    • Petite King

Good location and value. Staff was polite and efficient

Enjoyed the restaurant and quiet rooms to rest!

The quiet rooms

The restaurant

good hotel.
    • Balcony Double

super expensive vallet parking.

all others.

The pool view

The parking

The pool view

Excellent!

Great pool atmosphere!

Lavish
    • Petite King

The room was so spacious and comfortable.

My entire experience was incredible. The Chefs were so helpful!

Overall was good.
    • Balcony Double

Staff couldn't get our billing straight and charged the wrong guest for all the charges.

My nephew’s graduation and Mo
    • Petite Queen Room

No handicap restroom close to restaurant.

The piano room with chandelier

I WOULD NOT STAY AT HOTEL ZAZA AGAIN

THE BATHROOM AND THE SUGAR ANTS IN THE BATHROOM

THE HOTEL WAS OVER PRICED, ROOM WAS VERY SMALL AND THE BATHROOM WAS THE WROST

Great location, comfortable bed, great resteraunt
    • Petite King

Loud location (air conditioner), no bath tub despite request, a bit pricey

Great location, comfortable bed, great resteraunt

Good bedding and mattress.
    • Balcony King

Furnishings a liitle worn. Dark room even with area lighting on.

Good bedding and mattress. Great view. Superb museum area location.

Great hotel to make babies
    • Petite King

the maid kept coming into out room unannounced when we where inside the room...

Free champagne & cookies at check in

Beyound great.

Great place.

Location was excellent and the bistro was fantastic.
    • Petite King

Location was excellent and the bistro was fantastic.

Noisy elevators.

Noisy elevators. Loud Beeping sound

Perfect location.

Swimming pool rather cold

Perfect location. Friendly staff. Comfortable clean room. Good food.

Wonderful stay with very friendly staff, especially the receptionist and the valet service is amazin
    • Balcony Double

Expensive , but they have MD Anderson rate.

Their coffee and breakfast is the best. The view of the monarche restaurant on the park and very relaxing

Browse Hotel Zaza Houston Museum District traveller photo gallery