2. Vietnam hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Imperial Classic Cruise

Reviews of Imperial Classic Cruise 3 stars

Tuan Chau Tourist Wharf, Ha Long, Vietnam

#86 of 213 hotels in Ha Long

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 23 May 2019

Relaxing and enjoyable getaway to beautiful Halong
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

the 2nd night we stayed in the resort on an island. We loved it also, even though it was more rustic than the cruise liner. We got a bit tired of the bar tender trying to get us to order drinks. We did have a few, but he was a bit too persistent.

We were upgraded, and the Sapphire cruise boat was much nicer than we expected. The balcony was lovely, beds very comfortable and the bathroom was luxurious. The meals were so well presented. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: 18 April 2019

The boat was very nice especially as we had been upgraded to...
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Didn’t like how regimented the first day was. I understand it has to be that way due to volume of tourists in the area. I am in no rush to return to Ha long bay. Bus took forever to get to and from ha long.

The boat was very nice especially as we had been upgraded to the 4 star boat. The food was very good. The boat staff and tour guide all very attentive. Great shower on the boat and quite the opposite in the beach hut but didn’t expect anything more than basic in the beach hut.

• Reviewed: 17 April 2019

Depends on what you looking form Halong bay Cruise
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

What I don’t like about is... We have a lot schedules and announcements which make you feel like in school. The schedule you could decide join it or not. First Day, we visited the pearl farm for kayaking, however the water is quite polluted around that area, the experience wasn’t nice. Unless you would like to get some pearl products otherwise it is a soso experience. Secondly the cruise sent us to an island for swimming or trekking. However, I noticed all the day tour to hanoi which also sent to this island which made it over crowded and...again, the quality of water is... I will suggest to skip this island and stay on the cruise if you would like to be more chill. Overall I think if we could choose again, probably we will go visit cat ba or sapa. Halong Bay is good for couples and families but for young people, who looking for a fun cruise without schedule n site-seeing site. I would recommend you can book while you in Hanoi and check with the agency of hostel to find the right vibes of cruise.

We joined 3D2N cruise to Halong n Cat ba. What we like about is Staffs are friendly and food is truly amazing. There is 4course lunch and dinner on our first day, they are really delicious. The quality of the cocktails are exceeded my expectations. 7.5usd per glass wasn’t so cheap but there was HH from 6pm with Buy 2 get one more free deal. So each glasses was about 5usd. Special thanks to the Bar manager who made such good cocktail. Passion Cosmopolitan is very very yummy. The Free pick up from our hotel in Old Quarter n Check in is very smooth.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2019

Free Upgrade
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

- there is not much time for relaxation if you partake in all the activities. Mostly the only free time is about 30mins between each activity. Timekeeping could be improved to allow more free time. - the journey to and from Ha Long is unnecessarily long. The driver is so slow with stops for petrol and overpriced tourist stores.

- we got a free upgrade from the Imperial Classic to the Silversea Cruise, which is a much fancier boat with great service. The food is a fine dining experience rather than buffet. (I do find it strange though that they still advertise the Imperial Classic on Booking.com when they said it has been out of action for some time). If I was booking now I might worry which boat I might get). - Staff were excellent and very attentive. - Food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2019

Amazing cruise with fun activities!
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

We got a free upgrade to a 4 star cruise, which was amazing! We had a bubble bath and the excusions we did were really nice. The food was also amazing! 3x a 5 course diner, wow! Staff was super friendly.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2019

Great for family with children, we had our 3yr old Son with...
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Great for family with children, we had our 3yr old Son with us to make this trip. Very comfortable even when our cruise was sailing, we felt almost we are on land, great job from our captain for smooth sailing. Our guide Summer n Power are equally cheerful n informative, when they lead us in all e various activities. Staff n Chef made e icing on e cake for our whole cruise, they really took care of all our tummy on e whole trip, service n food was a 5 star quality. I would love to say a great Thank You to Silver Sea Cruise for giving us such a wonderful experience in Halong Bay!!!!!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2019

Fantastic, we loved the upgrade!
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

The only thing that was slightly annoying was we were offered tea and coffee with dessert and we thought that was included in the price but they charge extra for that, so just a heads up as they didn’t make that clear at all.

We booked the Classic Cruise but were upgraded to the 4 star Sapphire Cruise. The boat was lovely, with comfortable beds and everything we needed. We had a 5 course lunch and dinner on the first day that was simply delightful.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: 10 February 2019

I got upgrade to a very nice boat.
    • Classic Single Room - 2 Days 1 Night

I got upgrade to a very nice boat. The boat and and cruise staff were amazing. But the original one I booked was more suitable for solo travelers, and for the upgraded one I was the only solo traveler LOL. The room was super nice so I have no problem with it.

Stayed in February 2019

• Reviewed: 2 February 2019

great one night on the cruise and one night on the island.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

great one night on the cruise and one night on the island. staff very hospitable and helpful. kayaking was great. food was very good on both boat and island. accommodation was clean and nice on both boat and island. i would recommend staying at the island for one night - the location is spectacularly beautiful!

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Recently refurbished, so room was luxurious with spa bath.

All good

Recently refurbished, so room was luxurious with spa bath. We got upgraded which was fabulous. Staff friendly, activities and food were great.

Stayed in January 2019

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

I like Lum and Loi manager of Sapphire Cruise they treat my...
    • Twin Room - 3 days 2 nights (on boat)

Maybe can have more channels on TV and Wifi access, but I believe it's due to far from telecommunication stations. Maybe can have more intro to halong bay introductions.. the mountains limestones is there any habitants like eagles.. and others. No worries overall I'm still a satisfied customer.

I like Lum and Loi manager of Sapphire Cruise they treat my mom age 70 vy well.. I'm glad I was in this ship, activities are good..

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

Accommodation was authentic and well maintained.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

Some of the first day activities were very busy such as the walk to see the sunset where it was too difficult to see due to the numbers of visitors at the same site

Accommodation was authentic and well maintained. views were spectacular. The surprising cave on the second day was excellent and less crowded.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The nice views of the place and the ship (rooms were very...
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

The second day we repeated the same as the first kne (kayaking and go to the beach) as we were a group that didn't book the bungalows but we were staying 2 nights/3days.

The nice views of the place and the ship (rooms were very nice).

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Amazing to stay 1 night in cruise and 1 night stay in Island.
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Not all of the foods are good. Drinks not including . But the price is reasonable for the moctails or coctails. Buy it when happy hours come ( buy 2 get 1 free )

All staffs very friendly, My cruise was change to the royal palace cruise but no problem. My room was so nice and comfort

We booked the Imperial Classic Cruise for 3 days 2 nights...
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

While I had read (and was prepared for) the drink price gouging prior to boarding I felt it would be irrelevant to my enjoyment of the cruise as the prices are still cheap by Australian standards. The reality is different. Few of the passengers on the cruise seemed to partake in the beer or cocktails offered (due to the pricing), and that left a boat full of very sober unenthusiastic punters. Nobody agreed to participate in the evenings Karaoke activities (maybe not a bad thing), and almost everyone was in bed by 8:00pm It's possibly a bad business tactic too, that my last memory is paying for that bar bill just before I disembarked.

We booked the Imperial Classic Cruise for 3 days 2 nights and like others on our boat we got "upgraded" to the Halong Silversea Cruise also run by vietnamopentour.com.vn. The boat itself was great, cabin was beautiful, clean, large enough and very comfortable. Staff were friendly and efficient. Food was restaurant standard, nicely prepared, beautifully presented but catered for the bland western taste with absolutely no chilli and little if any spice or garlic. Activities were interesting; kayaking around a pearl farm where you must exit though the gift shop, walking on a concrete path though a cave with electric lighting and fire extinguishers (and exit though the gift shop), swimming amongst toilet paper on a beach with a statue of a Russian cosmonaut (and a gift shop), learning to make rice paper rolls (pick 5 colours and roll it up). The stay on the private island just next to Cat Ba was exotic. A little rundown wood and palm leaf bungalow with spasmodic power connected by paths intertwined amongst palm trees. I could have been quite peaceful lying on a lounge chair on the private beach if not for the fact that "James Bond" (as he called himself) could sense if you got within 50 metres of the bar and would pop out from behind a tree trying to sell you incredibly overpriced cocktails (it's always happy hour). I watched with incredulity as he waded out waste deep in the bay trying to get a young couple to purchase cocktails. Water is sometimes difficult to purchase as it is insisted that you opt for a 100K VND smoothie or a 150K VND cocktail instead (we were not shown prices until we asked).

Great experience, I would definitely recommend the 3 day 2...
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Great experience, I would definitely recommend the 3 day 2 night cruise over 1 night. The first night on the boat is nice and the cabins are better than I expected them to be, we did have a few experiences with bugs in the cabin bathroom, but nothing too bad. The first day is very scheduled and quite rushed as they are trying to accommodate lots of tourists and stick to timing. The second day after getting to the bungalow is much nicer with more free time to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings!

Good way to see Ha Long Bay
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

The food, and breakfast especially, on Bungalow Island was OK but not sensational.

The cruise was very fun and very luxurious. Five course lunch and dinner on day one was great. Staff were fab and spoke good English. Great way to see Ha Long Bay. Was great fun and met couples, solo travellers and families who all were having fun. Bedrooms on boats were brilliant (mainly because of wicked views of Ha Long Bay). Would recommend.

The stay on the island is not to be missed!
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

We found that the drinks were over priced, closer to western prices than those in Vietnam. If you bring your own drinks with you (even water) you will be charged a service fee which can be as high as 10 dollars for one bottle of wine. We found the itinerary very rushed aboard the ship, we only had 45 minutes of kayaking and 1 hour of swimming. Breakfast was served from 6am-7am which was far too early.

We had booked to go on the imperial classic cruise but due to it being low season we were upgraded to the Royal Palace Cruise instead. We chose to stay one night on the cruise boat and then our second night in a bungalow on an island called Nam Cat, located just off Cat Ba island. I would highly recommend doing the 2 nights and 3 days. Our favourite part of the trip was on the island as it was more relaxed and we didn't have to follow a strict itinerary.

Excellent facilities.
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Drinks weren’t included and were a little expensive. It’s worth noting that although this is a 2 day cruise it is essentially around 24 hours total on the boat. Also the second day is basically a travelling day.

Excellent facilities. Knowledgeable tour guide. Delicious food which consisted of 5 courses. Beautiful views and a relaxing evening. Cocktails were buy one get one free after dinner.

We were upgraded to a better boat with better facilities and...
    • Twin Room - 2 Days 1 Night

It was mass tourism at its worst. It felt like cattle being hearded from one place to the next with all the boats going to the same places for swimming and kayaking. Lots of waiting around on the second day for people to get on and off the boat to go to bungalows etc so it felt like a transit boat rather than a cruise as the boat sat in the same place for 2 hrs when it could have been cruising through different parts of Halong Bay and then inly moved to head back to the wharf. We were made to check out of the cabins at 9.15 to sit for 2hrs on a stationary boat.

We were upgraded to a better boat with better facilities and the cruise accomodated for our different dietary needs.

The food was fantastic, staff are very pleasant and...
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

The drinks are similar prices to home which is a lot for Vietnam. There was no hairdryer in the room and the air con was only working at specific times. We only received one 500ml bottle of water each per day and there was no beverage provided for lunch or dinner.

The food was fantastic, staff are very pleasant and accommodating.

A great budget cruise
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

The accommodation is a little shabby and sometimes the trip felt a bit disorganised.

A great way of seeing Halong Bay without having to spend too much money.

Imperial Classic Halong Bay boat trip
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

The staff were pushy. There were some privacy issues. The facilities were basic, but adequate, the food was good but the drinks were very expensive as in, we we're a captive audience. At least 4 hours uncomfortable drive from Hanoi and to be honest, I very rarely complain.

A reasonable active experience

Comfortable, spacious and you wake up to the most fantastic...
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

The bungalow on the island wasn’t the most comfortable nights sleep but a very unique experience

Comfortable, spacious and you wake up to the most fantastic views of Ha long bay. Tour guide was excellent gave us lots of good info.

It really was like 2 trips in 1.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Staff on the boat gets annoying after a while when they try to push you to buy drinks all the time. The guide was friendly, but the English wasn't the best and we would've hoped for some more information about Ha Long as well as the sights. It was pretty much non-existent, but then again, I guess you get what you pay for. Note: before you get off the boat to the bungalow island they will try to sell you drinks to bring along for cheaper than on the island. While this is true, you can't drink your beer, wine etc in the open, because if the island staff sees it you will have to pay the difference as a "service fee".

It really was like 2 trips in 1. First day/night was on the boat. Nice food, although a lot of it (like never ending). We had some bad luck with the weather, being all foggy, otherwise the sundeck at the roof would've been even more amazing! Room was okay, we had broken soap- and schampoo-containers in the room, but didn't care coz the bed was large and that's all that matters! 2nd day/night we spent on the island. Wow! Favourite part of all! They "warned" us about it being basic bungalows, but we thought it was fabulous. And to have an island on your own... best ever! Highly recommend taking the boat to Cat Ba and rent a scooter there. In general; 3 days/2 nights is almost a minimum must, because you really get to go to the more beautiful parts of the bays. You wouldn't get that experience on a 2 day/1 night-cruise.

Decent but much room for improvement
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

Staff was pushy in selling alcohol and drinks. Preferential treatment was given to passengers who purchased more alcohol. There was a long (1 hour+ each) waiting time between reaching the port and boarding the boat and vice versa. The tour guide did not explain to us why we were waiting around. Itinerary was repetitive for the 3d2n, for example they had 3 hours allocated for kayaking with two in the same spot. One of the cave locations visited seemed to be "added on" to pass the time and was in no way spectacular or interesting. Food was repetitive and not anything spectacular (but you will never go hungry)

We were upgraded to the Silversea cruise and this rating is an average of our experiences of the two boats. The imperial toilets were dark and musty and did not have a division between shower and toilet bowl, but the rooms were comfortable and had a good sea view. Silversea rooms were excellent. Drinks are more expensive than on land but were not ridiculously priced. Note that all drinks are charged for including bottled water but they give enough complementary bottled water such that you probably do not need to buy from the bar. Alcohol cocktails and fruit juices were well made and/or fresh.

Charming Cruise through Heaven on Earth
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

It's a bit dated but was a part of the charm. No lip or divided in the shower/toilet area, floor stayed wet for quite awhile.

We were upgraded to a better boat. It was quite charming and cozy. The activities were all great and well timed. Food was amazing. Overall beautiful expierienc. Would do it again.

A trip of two halves. The boat cruise and overnight was terrific. The bungalows a near disaster, s

The accomodation at the bungalows charged extra for heating and the room was freezing. Very poor effort.

The boat trip half of the booking was terrific, food great, staff great, and the scenery was spectacular. Loved the boat and its atmosphere.

Amazing experience.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Amazing experience. Highly recommend the bungalow stay as it was very relaxing and few people on the island. There is a tour company that organizes the stay so the boats and crew vary. We were on the Silver Sea and we thought it was great. I'm happy they have vegetarian food.

Day 1 & 2 in the Bay was a touri mess, day 3 close Cat Bat islands was the highlight
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

The ship was semigood, so many tourist in the bay, even it was offseason. Really killing all atmosphere. Rats on the boat, maybe normal. Rooms were clean, they def did their best but the boat was really old.

I can just recommend: book the 3 days tour. The cottage at Sandy Beach was our highlight: calm, beautiful beach without so many tourist and a quite high standard room in a beautiful cottage.

AVOID!!! Do yourself a favour and just do a day trip
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Honestly I don’t know where to start. My fiancé, sister and myself opted for the 3 days/ 2 nights (1 night on boat and 1 night at bungalow). This was the only time I’ve ever been disappointed with accomadation I’ve made through booking.com. Prior to arriving to the ship, our travel guide was overly friendly (probably trying to cover up what we were in for). As we arrived to the ship we noticed (as did other travelers) that the ship was nothing like the pictures advertised. Once inside the ship we became worried. We were given our rooms and we could not believe it. Absolutely disgusting conditions. The size of a shoebox, duct tape to fix things, dust, damp and mold in the ‘bathroom’ (not one of us could shower because the smell of damp was so disgusting, we were scared to catch something). When everyone met up for lunch you could hear a pin drop, the disappointment on everyone’s faces was so apparent. The crew members were not friendly and the food was bland, repetitive and boring. You have to pay for any drinks you’d like (yes, including water). The night at the bungalow was a little better, not as dirty but not great either (there is nothing on the island, just the rooms and where everyone goes to eat, no shops or anything like that). The whole experience felt like we were prisoners being herded from boat to boat by incompetent people, even disembarking was an effort as we had to wait an extra half an hour just so they could fuel up why we were still on board and only 50m from shore - infuriating. Overall, we felt so defeated and scammed, I don’t want other to go through this, avoid at all costs.

The only upside was the scenery of the bay, the cave and heading back to Hanoi!

Enthusiastic guide Hai, small group 12 Met some nice...
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Enthusiastic guide Hai, small group 12 Met some nice people. Views and activities were great. We didn’t have good weather but still enjoyed everything. Food was way better than expected.

Very calm and relaxing.
    • Superior Triple Room - 2 Days 1 Night

We thought it gonna be lit and happening since we took cruise on new year eve day, 31st dec till 1 jan. Apparently most all cruise has no activity for new year eve and everyone sleep early. Quite dissapointed for that.

Our room was spacious, we get the suite room for 3 single beds with our own balcony behind the cruise.

Nice 2 days in halong bay
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Good services and staff. Food was very good and even too much. Activities proposed were ok (but if you want to follow all the program, time is strict)

Unfortunately, I had to cancel one night at Bangalow due to...
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Unfortunately, I had to cancel one night at Bangalow due to my flight ticket. As this is my first trip to Vietnam, I didn't expect it takes more than 4 hrs from Hanoi to Halong Bay. If I stayed one more night, definitely I will miss my flight. Therefore, I requested crew in charge/manager to consider other options like the refund partially for us even though not fully. I wrote a letter to boss the reason I canceled one-night stay at Bangalow and passed to the manager. Hopefully, the boss can receive my letter. So far I haven't received any acknowledgment from anyone.

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Unfortunately the area of Ha Long Bay has a bad smell, there is rubbish in the water. And pollution leaves the water cloudy. It is a shame to see a preserved area like this.

Imperial cruise was good. Ha Long Bay wasn't as clean area as you would think.

Very good for value. I recommend
    • Twin Room - 2 Days 1 Night

As I saw in the other review, the price for the drinking is little bit expensive. It’s too bad when you want to enjoy drinking but with a small budget.

The staff was very good

Overall good. But would not come back again as Ha Long Bay is just meh!
    • Classic Single Room - 2 Days 1 Night

The boat is old and a bit decrepit. My room is 106 which is located at the back and you can smell the smoke from the engine/generator. Ha Long bay is tourist infested.

The staff are friendly. Cheap compared to others Food is VERY good VERY VERY good.

Amazing trip with great staff
    • Classic Single Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Amazing staff lead by Owen, who has a great sense of service, safety and customer satisfaction. Sonny is a great tour guide and you can ask him any question, he is passionate about his job and his country. The restaurant offers great cuisine and really put a lot of effort in tending to our special needs (I am allergic to peanuts and my table neighbor was vegetarian). Lots of activities. Expect an early rise ;) Quiet and beautiful rooms. The view is wonderful. A must-do, you will never forget your trip in Ha Long Bay.

The staff we so friendly, kind, and accommodating.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

My friend and I eat a vegan diet, so the food provided to us was very repetitive, no options at all. A lot of fried food, rice and noodles, I was pretty sick of it by the end.

The staff we so friendly, kind, and accommodating. The views were amazing, the scenery on Halong Bay is unreal! I loved Kayaking, and swimming, the water was so calm and peaceful. I loved this trip, very relaxing and peaceful. Definitely go for 2 nights, 3 days, the bungalow on the island is magical!

Overall, the boat was excellent. Iterinary was really good. Had a lot of fund.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Drinks were a little pricey on the boat but good value for the occasion. On the bungalow island, it's pretty secluded area. Very private and had a private beach and the only complaint was the power kept going off during the night and the backup generators kept kicking in. Bumpy ride while getting to Ha Long Bay from Hanoi cause the roads were so bad.

I liked the fact we were upgraded to a better boat since the tour group was larger than expected. Max was our tour guide and he was excellent, funny yet had a sense of humor. Greeted by Mr Le Xuan Hoang who was the manager of the boat. Very professional, friendly and very informative with all the boat facilities and itinerary. Meals were included and were very nice. Drinks were not included but were okay for the occasion. Met some really cool people on the boat mostly just couples and bunch of friendly foreigners.

Overall a great trip.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Site where we went swimming, on the boat, was dirty The night in the bungalow was good, food was not quite to the standard as on the boat. Be sure to pay for air-conditioning if you want.

Food on the Boat was fabulous. Swimming and kayaking was great here. Views fabulous, if you don't look at the rubbish in the water.

memorable and amazing
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

the weather could of been better other than that nothing at all please remember you are staying on a boat not a hotel room

amazing stay with imperial halong bay cruises the staff were helpful and satisfied all our needs our guide Mr Lucky was amazing and went above and beyond to make our stay very comfortable and memorable if you are thinking of doing the cruise try to get Mr Lucky you will not be disappointed food was fantastic as well

The best part of our trip was the tour guide Mr.
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

The best part of our trip was the tour guide Mr. Lucky! He has a vast knowledge about Halong Bay and Vietnam, in general. He's very kind and made everything to make us feel good and comfortable. The food from all meals was amazing! The crew in the boat was very welcoming! We loved the cooking class and the kayaking.

Food was incredible.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

Ship was old and outdated, but this is a budget cruise so you get what you pay for. Drinks aren't free and crew members definitely want you to keep buying them. We could distinctly hear a rodent in the walls from our room at night, which was pretty off-putting. Cruise was cut short due to weather, and while the crew were apologetic and we got a refund (after a bit of jumping through hoops), they were not particularly helpful in helping us (or anyone else) figure out where to stay that night. They pretty much just put us on a bus to Hanoi and said goodbye.

Food was incredible. Staff will cater specifically to vegetarian/vegan diets upon request. Crew members were friendly. Daily activities were fun. Halong Bay was amazing.

He stay was very nice, I would recommend. But the ship is already quite old.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

The boat itself is already a little old. Unfortunately, almost all chairs on the sun deck are already broken and not comfortable. Also some lights on the ship are broken.

The room was small, but cozy. The bathroom was also small, but it was in good condition and we didn’t miss anything. Air conditioner could only be used during night, but was okay since we didn’t spend any minute during day in the room due to all the activities.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff
    • Classic Single Room - 2 Days 1 Night

The views are incredible, the standard of the room was high, everything was clean and well mantained. I loved the possible of the suntanning on the boat with beautiful views. recommend Imperial classic cruise to every one.

Excellent trip with Imperial cruise
    • Classic Single Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Wonderful cruise, so much food but all of it was delicious and all the activities were fantastic, frank was an amazing host and we loved every second, pick up and drop of by bus was nice and great tour guide , could not recommend Imperial classic cruise enough.

Not to be missed but definitely could improve on ships and facilities for the amount of money paid.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

According to the other guests, we seem to have had the best room/cabin in 209, which was basic and tired. We didn't like that all drinks including water, tea and coffee had to be paid for and it was very expensive. Only 2 small bottles of water and tea/coffee at breakfast were complimentary. Our second day was a mystery until the morning itself when we had to go off the boat for the day to a different boat (other guests, not being able to use your own clean toilet and get to your luggage, etc.). The day was filled with activities: another cave visit, more kayaking and a pearl farm visit with shop (not mentioned in the itinerary). Boat in need of a revamp also. Disappointing was the close proximity to Halong City for the 3 days. We expected to go deeper into Halong Bay and away from the dirty waters and all the other ships which do exactly the same and at the same time.

Staff was very welcoming, helpful and friendly. The meals were delicious and very good.

We had a nice few days on the boat.
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

Drinks were expensive. The room was okay but the pictures are enhanced. Our shower didn't work properly which was a shame. On the top deck there were some broken seats which was a shame. Overall, we had a great time on the boat. We booked a superior room - or a room which would sleep three people as we needed a bed for our 10 year old . This happened to be on the top level, next to the bar where they hold karaoke. This did stop at 11 and didn't cause us an issue, but if you have a younger child, this could have been problematic

The team on board were extremely friendly and the tour guide ' Hi' was lovely. The food was extremely good and there was so much of it! We left a tip and would recommend the trip

The location!
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

1. Staff are very pushing about buying drinks because they aren't included in the price so you have to pay for them, so then they earn money. 2. There are cockroach! A lot! 3. The food is not as good as it is expected! 4. The activities are short

The location! Halong bay is awsomr

Met some great people
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Boat old and needed repairs- not enough room on the deck for Tai Chi, bathroom rustic, power point behind bed not ideal and no mattress protector

Lovely food and staff

Excellent Food and Homely Stay!

The rooms need to be bigger. I booked a triple room and it was quite stuffy. The bedroom/bathroom/toilet needs to be modernised and more clean. My daughter saw a rat scurrying along the lower deck! The boat needs a refurbishment but not lose its homely ambiance! Other than for the excellent food and staff the boat did not have much to offer for the price.

The staff was extremely friendly and with little English made our stay comfortable.. It is an old boat but quite homely. The food was excellent with a lot of variety. The itinerary was well planned and enjoyed it.

Amazing!! Highly recommend!
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

If I'm being critical, the hot water could be temperemental but we were warned if everyone shower's at the same time this could happen.

- The views are amazing - a Halong Bay cruise is a must on your trip. There are loads - loads - of cruises offering similar trips and you'll see the other boats when you're in the Bay. For us, as a group of students we wanted the best value for money, which we definitely got, but there were a few families present. Imperial Classic Cruise offered excellent value for money for an amazing 3 Day 2 night trip to Halong Bay and Cat Ba Island. The sun deck on the boat was really nice with loungers and offered amazing views. We were also had a 3 bed room which had its own balcony so we could watch the sunrise from our room without having to go to the sun deck! Honestly amazing. The boat itself is pretty small and probably accommodated for max 20 people. As I've said when you're out there you'll see lots of other boats but they're really just offering the same things so I don't feel I missed out at all by going for one of the more budget options... And when I think about how much we paid and how much we got in exchange, you really can't fault this trip at all. - The trip is all inclusive in terms of food but you have to pay for your own drinks. There was a LOT of food, it's in a buffet style so there's some sharing with other passengers but it's really not inconvenient. We were full after every meal! On the whole the food was enjoyable, some dishes better than others but there is such a great range there is something for everyone (even if you have specific dietary requirements!) - Because of forces out of their control (traffic issues due to a crash on the way to the port), due to time constraints, we weren't able to go hiking on the first day but none of the passengers really minded considering our whole trip might've been cancelled because of a typhoon a few days prior. However, we were able to go kayaking and swimming in the Bay and that was amazing. - Staying on Cat Ba private Island was an amazing day/night.

Mixed

The cleanliness of the rooms could have been better, the transfers was rather disorganised and cramped . It was a 4 hour drive on busy roads . We were cramped in a mini bus with luggage all around us and on our knee. Also no seat belts for the children . The guide at the bungalow was very unsure . We were told there were free bikes and a bike tour but when people asked we all got different stories . Got the impression he didn't want to be bothered . No help with luggage and my children really struggled . The prices of drinks on the boat were U.K. Prices not Vietnamese . We had to pay for water . We had assumed basic drinks like this would be free . Felt rather like we were sitting ducks and slightly being taken advantage of which spoilt the experience slightly

Excellent location and nice food. The staff we nice . The location and activities on day one were perfect .

Boat is great! Bungalows are horrible!
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

On the 3D2N trip, both places they take are are super super touristy! Like hundreds of people at ti top and the caves. Boat was nice but the beach bungalows were not up to the same standards. The whole place was run down, and no air conditioning! There were piles of building supplies on the beach, the only 4 kayaks has holes. We couldn't even upgrade the room because all the aircon rooms were booked.

Food was decent and they accommodated my vegetarian diet.

The view was amazing what a stunning part of the world.
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Travelling with 2 kids under 6 was hard. Our tour originally got postponed due to weather, so we were our of pocket for an extra two nights accom in hanoi. Its a long 4 hour bus ride from hanoi to the bay which wasnt the greatest with the kids. Then a few hours on the boat to get the bay, to be told the room we'd booked wasnt available and we had to be split up in 2 seperare rooms overnight on the boat. The aircons werent running, which sucked. There was rubbish floating in the bay everywhere which was sad and dissapointing.

The view was amazing what a stunning part of the world. Our tour guide and activities included were great.

Great tour!
    • Classic Single Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Drinks were not included in the price and rather pricey for Vietnam. Just before dinner staff announced it was happy hour from then until the next day and that all drinks were buy1get1, when it got to paying the bill they cliamed it was buy2get1.

Staff were informative and friendly. The tour was well organised. Other reviews were not lying when they say they give you a lot of food! Catered well for my vegan diet. I was travelling alone and had booked the tour in a single cabinfor my birthday, the company upgraded me to the VIP suite with a king size bed, private bathroom and balcony and an amazing view of the bay. Visits to Titop mountain and Song sot cave were great as well as kayaking. A nice relaxed atmosphere on the boat and limited to 12 people.

Great cruise

The upper deck wasn't used much as it was a bit dated and only had about 6 deck chairs (2 half broken). They could update it with some decent deck furniture and make it a nicer more useable space.

Food was plentiful and tasty and they catered to our non seafood eaters. Cabins are basic, clean and comfortable and cruising Halong Bay is beautiful so it's hard not to enjoy. There was enough activity with kayaking, swimming,cave tour etc. Tour guide Tony was informative, likeable and entertaining and cruise was good value for money.

Great value for money
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

The boat we had ( Imperial Classic ) was basic and the boat was fairy dated The rooms were dated and the lights didn't work /windows didn't shut properly and it was all a bit shoddy It needs chairs on the sun lounge and a freshen up for sure

The staff were amazing There were clear instructions and the itinerary was very good with lots of activities Value for money for this trip was great Included is the transfer from Hanoi and it's all very slick and well structured The food is good ( however far too much if it ) and they accommodated me ( the vegan ) very well They made a big fuss of my son and even provided a birthday cake for him We stayed a night in the cabins which we loved and even there the staff were great and on offer was kayaking /volleyball and snooker table The cabins are lovely and the views to die for The staff / itinerary / activities were faultless my only issues were the standard of accommodation on the boat

Affordable.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Boat is pretty rundown and things a bit tatty. Didn't love getting herded along to activities at certain times but I guess all the cruises are like that.

Affordable. Loved staying on Catba island. Good service being picked up and dropped off at your hotel. Staff tried hard.

Excellent!
    • Superior Triple Room - 2 Days 1 Night

We got picked up by the shuttle and was told that since it was low season we get to be upgraded to the highest rated cruise of the company - Silversea Cruise. It was amazing. Rooms were very clean. Bed was comfortable, towels and toiletries provided. Water pressure was good. Food was always this 5 course meal, delicious and very well presented. Lots of activities which you can do or opt to just chill in the sun deck. But the most deserving of this review is the excellent service of the staff, specially by Tony. They all went above and beyond to cater to guests' needs. Would definitely recommend the company.

Halong Bay- amazing views, exceptional staff
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (on boat)

Breakfast was served from 6:45- 7:30, and activities started right after. We found this too early and would have preferred an hour more to sleep

The staff were very attentive and ready to make our stay more enjoyable

Spectacular halong bay
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

As on most tours in Vietnam the groups tend to change as you go along as the merge different tour groups . This is not negative as one does meet different people

Pick up from the hotel was convenient and communication done through booking dot com , we were upgraded to a better boat from the same fleet Which was very luxurious and the food was exceptional. The 3 day 2 night cruise with one night at bungalow beach gave one the opportunity to see a larger part of halong bay and the floating markets . Would recommend that one did the longer cruise as the shorter one is very rushed and you don't get the chance to rest .

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Amazing Cruise, great staff!
    • Double Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Bus ride was long and uncomfortable - guess the length can not be helped I wish we had more time on the Cruise

We were upgraded when hopping on the bus to Imperial Cruise Halong Bay! Never been upgraded before so that was exciting! It was amazing! We were on a much bigger boat, the facilities were great, the staff were amazing. It's not the most expense Cruise to choose to sail around Halong Bay but it was worth every penny! And the food on board was to die for! Loved every minute

• Reviewed: 8 June 2019

Absolutely amazing cruise we were upgraded and loved it the...

Absolutely amazing cruise we were upgraded and loved it the food and accommodation on the cruise was perfect could not have asked for better

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: 4 June 2019

Liked it all

Stayed in June 2019

• Reviewed: 30 May 2019

Halong Bay Cruising
    • Twin Room - 2 Days 1 Night

Everything was great, couldn't fault this cruise.

Wow, the boat, our room, the awesome staff, the food and of course beautiful Halong Bay

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: 22 April 2019

Amazing

Nothing loved everything

Services

• Reviewed: 21 April 2019

Not too many people on the boat
    • Superior Triple Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Air con did not come on till night time,Wifi was weak

Not too many people on the boat

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Disgrace and fake

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Superb small cruise ship, would definitely stay again & recommend

Nothing at all

Superb small cruise ship, friendly staff, clean & comfortable rooms.

Great trip

Great trip! Everything was as good or better than we had hoped for! Thank you

Great cruise!

Great cruise! Staff very kind

Loved it! Great chance to see Halong Bay with a variety of activities thrown in.
    • Double Room - 3 Days 2 Nights (1 on boat and 1 on bungalow)

Excellent cruise with a good variety of activities. Staff very friendly. Good to have 1 night on the boat and 1 in a bungalow. Very enjoyable.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!
Browse Imperial Classic Cruise traveller photo gallery