Reviews of Royal Hotel Saigon 4 stars

133 Nguyen Hue Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#243 of 693 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

a little bit noisy early in the morning I had a booked a room with twin beds and I got one with only one. when they changed the room, I got a smoking room.

good breakfast / hotel very well situated

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a little bit old but every thing else about it was great. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was great, coffee strong. Central location. You can walk to the Post Office, War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh and Independence Palace in more or less 15 minutes from the hotel. We hardly used a taxi to go anywhere.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The restaurants had short hours and we couldn't get a drink after 10 pm.

We loved loved loved the pool! It's shared and starkly cooler then any other pool we visited in Vietnam. Highly refreshing on those hot humid days.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning device was inefficient. It was active during the whole time, but didn't seem to cool much.

Location is excellent. Central streets, shops and restaurants nearby. Very good service.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

poor maintenance. broken tea kettle was replaced by another broken one causing flood all over the floor, problem not attended despite notice to front desk

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

Restaurant where we ate a number of times. Very efficient staff and good meal and value for money. Breakfast was good and egg cheff excellent. Table view over street great.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

there could have been more english speaking channels.

very nice hotel. Great staff with everything you need right on premises. Excellent breakfast, plenty of choices for all types of eaters. Very clean hotel with a bonus pool, exercise room, sauna, hot tub, and steam room. I cant say enough positive things about this hotel. I also noticed on line the price of the hotel had decreased by 20 usd, when I went to the front desk to see if I could get an adjustment they had already applied it before I even asked.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

This place badly needs renovation. All is old and very used. Feels like a 2 star hotel in a poor village... I had to change, twice, the room because the ancient air conditioning didn't work. The 'window' looks into a pit - similar to a prison room. Unless you absolutely must live on Nguyen Hue, avoid this hotel!

Location can't be better - on Nguyen Hue itself.

• Super Deluxe Double Room

Gym equipment is not sufficient and of low quality (treadmill couldn't handle my 90 kgs). Housekeeping did not restock the mini bar.

Super location right on the main square. Spacious room, super wide bed.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

May be this hotel is good reviews, but when I went, the Receptionist was not able to communicate properly in English and he was showing his frustration when I was asking questions. Also 2 people commenting on me in Vietnam language in front of me. They charged me almost 2 USD more as it was booked online. When I asked why I need to pay more, the person said its just 2 USD more not big money. I had to change my hotel after I landed to Vietnam. It's not about the money, the service which I got was really bad and this was my experience in Vietnam. :(

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

Very good value for money. We booked at the last moment and were also upgraded on arrival Excellent location, yet still quite and peaceful at night. Some beautiful interior deco.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

So many stairs to get to our room. Kept us fit. The balconies could be more private.

Peaceful and quiet. Great ocean view from upper rooms. Food was good. They went out of their way to make vegetarian meals especially for us.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

The water pressure, water temperature, and bathtub were malfunctioning in the room given to us first. We asked to be moved to a working room. The same issues existed in the second room. The water pressure was down to a trickle. We were on the 7th floor. The staff tried to accommodate but I think this hotel has an overall maintenance problem. The wifi signal is not consistent in the guest rooms - not ideal for business use.

The location is ideal in District 1.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Construction of the underground next door. Workers work over night which might bother some with noise. Gym facilities are a joke. Feels a bit dated

Great location. Right in the middle of the center of the city. Staff also very friendly and helpful

• Quadruple Room

A bit noisy because of new building next door.

Good location - city centre, easy access to shopping, restaurant, food court, near night market, large departmental stores, taxi rank in front of the hotel. Front desk very helpful to guide where for shopping and eating places.

• Quadruple Room

Best location app in the city. Walking down distance to all attractions. Lots to do around the hotel. At night lovely atmosphere outside hotel. You can't get a better location.

• Quadruple Room

The morning breakfast buffet need improvement for the spread of various food to meet international buffet.Chicken sausage is too hard.Noodles and egg cooking station manage by a single cook is not enough during peak hrs.Staff must be attentive when guest enter the restaurant greet your guest and ready to offer to serve coffee. I hope my feedback will help you to improve.

Front Office Staff are friendly and attendive

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

Asked to get put in a non-smoking room before arrival but first room stunk like smoke and as soon as we entered the room there was a small cockroach on the vanity and then another crawling on the floor. We asked to get moved which the did happily however there was still a number of small bugs crawling round in the bath/shower, the safe didn’t work and we didn’t have hot water.

Internet speed was good, air conditioning was good, gym was good and location was great

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

Pool didn't get much sun! Air con could have been colder also.

Great location for exploring around the city. Very modern location and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend if wanting to look around Ho Chi Minh. Rooms were clean and made up every day.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Small rooms with poor views on the construction site. A little old-fashioned. WiFi connection is quite unstable.

Great location right in the centre. Good breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

The “view” from the room. Actually we had no view. We just saw a wall.

The location is really central and great. Good breakfast Very nice and simpatic reception at arrival

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast spread could have been better. Brown sugar for coffee should be made available.

The location was perfect, many shops and other places were within walking distance or a short taxi ride. Breakfast was a good spread but could have been better.

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

poor rooms- few windows or if they are there they look out to concrete walls and air conditioning unit, drawers are nailed shut, rooms are grubby and very dated, breakfast not pleasant.

Great location, good lobby,

• Super Deluxe Double Room

Our bed was huge but too hard for us and we both had sore backs.

The location was absolutely perfect - in the heart of the CBD and within walking distance to everything. We were only in HCMC for 2 days so didn’t want to be inconveniences by long walks & taxis etc. Staff were very friendly and spoke reasonable English. Breakfast was also a huge variety.

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I stayed in Premium deluxe double for 1 night and the room is spacious. The room rate is quite high, but it is a normal price for 4 stars hotel in the center of HCMC. The bathroom is quite big. The air con is in good condition. The lighting is not very good, but there was 2 windows in my room so I can get natural light during day time. The location was good, which everything is in a walking distance. Next to the hotel is a coffee shop named "Trung Nyugen", which is claimed as the no.1 coffee in Vietnam. The food in the hotel restaurant was good and not expensive. The reception staff that took care of my booking was very nice. Breakfast has wide variety of food, the food was good but not excellent. However, the hotel is great and I have a pleasant stay.

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

interior is a bit old. bathroom is very small with a small bathtub. room is not so clean. wifi is slow. a few cardio machines but only one machine for weight lifting and limited number of dumbbells in gym.

friendly staffs. thanks for a surprise birthday cake put in the room. breakfast is just fine. good location. nice food for room service. room is quite spacious.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We booked high level but was given the lowest. And very noisy from 3am onwards from the construction site .Tried to rest in the morning but was disturbed by the drilling noise from the hotel lift repairing work. We Don't consider it as 4 star hotel.Thanks

Near to all the shopping and food

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

there is no way this is a 4 star hotel. the entry may look all right,but behind closed doors is another story. we had to pay up front before we could go to our room. we changed our room twice before we had a decent room. do

it was central

• Super Deluxe Double Room

1) internet speed very slow. can't watch videos normal speed. skype quality very low. 2) midnight staff aggressive and controlling. 3) poor aircon system as it takes forever to get the room cool. 4) have to argue to get to keys from front desk.

The AirCon is not new and barely works. Took the entire day to get it to cool down. Midnight staff aggressive. Daytime staff tried to extort an extra 2.3m dong for the third person. Unacceptable. After it became 230k. The third person has to rent an entire room even if they shared our King Bed. Laundry is very expensive compared to other hotels nearby. I would stay here again I would just make sure you document and get things in writing. Do not deal with midnight staff ... they are not professional. The internet is very slow also compared to other hotels nearby. Overall I did have a great stay other than the issues above. Daytime staff is very nice and courteous. I would stay again.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

despite the room very spacious, the bathroom very narrow. bathtub very small and you have to take shower in the tub. Aircon a bit noisy, maybe because too old. laundry bag not free (90k vnd), while other hotels give them for free. Considering I stay for a week and want to keep dirty cloths, I just though it should be complimentary.

the staff very friendly and the one in front door always welcome and help with taxi and luggage. breakfast menu has a lot of choise.

• Quadruple Room

The room has no views. the 2 windows looked on to service areas so there wasn't much natural light.

The hotel was in a great location. The room was clean and fairly comfy. The kids liked the pool and it was a blessing to get some respite from the heat.

• Quadruple Room

Wifi connection was sometimes unstable There was a centipede in the locker room at the swimming pool (but the staff cleaned it up immediately when we told them)

Clean rooms, great service, nice breakfast

• Quadruple Room

Terrible service at the front desk. The street where the hotel is was closed to any vehicles as it was the weekend, so our cab had to drop us at a nearby sidesteeet. We had to walk (myself and 2 children) in the pouring rain with 5 suitcases, on uneven ground for 20 minutes as we couldn't find the hotel. When we arrived, I told the lobby staff that they should email their customers and let them know about the street closure on weekends, as well as provide clear directions on how to get there by foot. They couldn't have cared less and were quite rude. The view in the room was terrible, literally looking over air conditioning units. The bathroom was small and dingy with a narrow shower/bath combo. Given the price (176 per night, which is not cheap for Vietnam standards!), I expected much better!

Beds were comfy and the room was spacious for the 3 of us. The breakfast was nice and the location was good.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not clean someone was smoking on our room. It was horrible. AlSo wasn't the cleanest. It was also very noisy. We should have been warned prior to booking

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No real dislike. The fitness center was difficult to find. Some simple equipment, good for cardio.

Great location to move around the city. Room was spacious, with window facing the Nguyen Hue Ave. Buffet breakfast was generally good, a mix of western & Vietnamese. Didn't swim, but the pool looked nice.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is quite old style, the Wi-Fi did not work properly, i had a Skype call and i was obliged to go in the area in front of the lifts to male it, and there was no air conditioning there ( 40 degrees celsius)

Good location, perfect pick-up from airport

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There happened to have a renovation just next door to other room. It's quite annoying and the "knocking" sound giving us headache. The toilet sink doesn't come with a stopper, my contact len actually dropped into the sink.

The location is great. It's very convenience to move around.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Deluxe Suite

Don't lose your plastic room "key"as for some inexplicable reason they want to charge you $5 for its replacement. As these are pennies to make and of no value without being electronically programmed this is a mystery and a sore point.

Nice classic hotel, clean, ample sized suite, laid back and relaxed atmosphere esepxially after staying at the tour bus teeming Sheraton for 2 nights. Good value for $

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

We had a room with terrible noice of machine at 7 to 8 am, 4 to 5pm and at midnight. The machine must be in the hotel.

Torstaff and belman are very nice and friendly

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was not halal friendly. I understand its Vietnam and not a halal country but the least a chef can do is hv separate cooking utensils to make a simple egg omelette halal...... what i saw was the chef using the same utensils to cook eggs with meat. Thats off putting

Good central location. The rooms are in line with the star rating of this hotel but beware if u want an outside view, you have to pay for it cos a standard room will give you a window but no view.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

See above

The hotel started being a 4 star , which it may will be with the facilities , however the rooms are old , dirty and not at all comfortable .. And that's what I liked !!

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom looked a little tired, and one male receptionist was a little brash in the way he communicated at check out. Shame as I would've given the staff an excellent rather than good otherwise as the rest of them were excellent!

Superb location, hassle free check in, comfortable bed, traditional decor, attentive staff, great variety at breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

Noisy construction nearby. Thi is currently common all over Vietnam. Very good deal prices which cannot be cancelled seem to be a clue to it.

Very comfy beds

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Quadruple Room

Quite noisy on the first floor in the evenings. We were travelling with children and they usually went to bed before the parties stop around 9:30. Spa was not open due to renovation

Breakfast and service

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Super Deluxe Double Room

More fluent english speaking...

Location...room is considered big and less noise from traffic because an additional glass door before entering guest room area..

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

Would be nice if there was central airconditioning in the hotel room. The health centre was closed for renovation during our trip.

The good location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

The breakfast buffet The toilet/bathroom in our room: small, low water pressure.

Location location location . Helpful staff.. they don't speak English well so they sound a bit rude and crude, but is Ok.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Premium Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There found some mosquitos in the room, and preiodical spraying insecticide is suggested.

Affable and kind staffs, good breakfast and the best location

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Any of the three mornings I stayed couldn't have a simple and local Beef Pho. Two days offering it with fusilli pasta, no beef and I believe it also takes Soya Bean Sprout which never was added. Very disappointed as the is the only thing I was expecting to have in the hotel as Breskfast

Location is the top thing this hotel has, however there is building work going on next door that was a bit tricky to make phone calls and work a bit from the room.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Decor Abit dated....

Value for money ! Fab location, Amazing staff, pool was clean and came in handy after a days walk, had a late flight used facilities all day long as well as coming and going from hotel.... wasn't a problem staff made me feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The gym had very basic gear but we managed to get a workout. About 4 machines operated off one weight machine in the middle so if someone was on one side you couldn't use the other machines. We got by with 2 of us in there.

The buffet breakfast each morning was amazing. Hot and cold choices magnificent.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

The staff are terrible, the worst I have dealt with during extensive global business travel. The room was 1960's decor and with 1960's furnishings. The floor was cracked, walls dirty, air on its older than me and very noisy. For a hotel masquerading as a premium establishment, it is in reality less effective than many of the back packer district hotels. The staff feel they can demand things from yourself and guest, my mother would not be so rude, let alone strangers! If this was in the UK, it would have ceased trading, frankly ridiculous!

The location is great, sadly that is the pinnacle for this hotel, it's quickly goes downwards after

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Quadruple Room

Only 1 small suggestion.....breakfast hours could be extended.....finishing by 9:30 is too early especially on vacation when we tend to get a late start.

Amazing service, pleasant and helpful, flexible and accommodating. They went out of their way to make it a great experience. Spa facilities' were great, swimming pool was good, breakfast was excellent, great choice.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

Staff were rude to my wife We asked for a large double bed and got 2 single beds pushed together with 2 mattresses pushed together Carpets were dirty maid the room smell Was not value for money we complained at the reception they did nothing but smile Have stayed in better 3 star hotels Will not stay there again

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

Was disappointed that smoking was allowed in restaurant , had to leave on one occasion was so bad.

Staff were excellent ,could not do enough for guests.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Verry comfortable rooms, very good service and excellent location for an affordable price. I appreciate the asian style of the hotel and the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

The beds were not the best - very hard. Our shower was pretty poor -flow etc - but my daughters across the hall was wonderful.

Great location-in the heart of everything. Helpful staff. Rooms are a little dated but not really a problem when they are just used for sleeping.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I asked FOR 4 DAYS to fix the internet connection in my room . The constant answer was that all Vietnam had problems because a typhoon in Hong Kong broke a cable...and I knew about this typhoon. The problem is that all others places 3 meters near you had PERFECT connection.... so I call this low professionality. I needed the network to work not to chat. You can find better hotels in a few hundreds meters at cheaper prices.

Position ok, bed and pillow very confortable, good breakfast both western and oriental

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

This hotel is not worth the price tag. We have stayed in budget hotels that are nicer. The pool is far away and not that inviting and the rooms are very run down. I stayed there mainly for the gym which I found to be unusable. The view from our room was of others windows and air conditioning units. When I asked if they had anything a bit nicer the answer I was given was 'not without paying'. I asked to see a room and no one followed up with me. Our towels had holes in them and were thin and worn out. I needed to make a phone call because my cell phone was broken and the desk told me it was going to be minimum 5000 dong and couldn't tell me the maximum. On the last day I needed to iron my dress, when I called the front desk they told me that they couldn't supply an iron but I was welcome to pay for their "pressing' service. This is not a four star hotel, although they charge four star prices. Do yourself a favour and stay somewherelse.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

The room smelt like damp and the outdoor pool was a disappointment to say the least - it was a lap pool, outdoor on one end and the other end in a dark basement so with very little sunlight, and was only accessible from the indoor end and it was not possible to sit by the pool. It may as well have not been there. Wifi was also very slow and hotel dated generally

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only

The room music channel didn't work; would have been nice to have music. The reception staff would do well to be a bit more cheerful and smile when they help a customer. The doorman was sometimes outside chatting with the help instead of being at the door doing his job. One time I wanted a taxi, none were in front, I had to go out in the street to hail one myself.

Fabulous old colonial feel of yesteryear, huge rooms and bathrooms, double-pane windows, quiet, breakfast choices. Regarding that - breakfast - one has a choice of being indoors in an air-conditioned dining hall, or out in the courtyard sitting under trees that are probably 100 years old. Lovely atmosphere. The self-help buffet has either western or Asian fare, and lots of tropical fruits to choose from. Location of course, in the heart of old Saigon.

Central location

• Quadruple Room

Excellent location in the business center

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not very good.

A.c. was not cool

Ambence

Later breakfast time.

House keeping had great attention to detail.

Darkness of the entire hotel

• Deluxe Suite

Beautiful room, staff were welcoming. great breakfast central location.

Deco Too old

• Quadruple Room

The staff can't tell me where is the nearest bus stop to airport.

The location good The breakfast is ok

Clean but a bit shabby

The staff is great and very helpful

• Quadruple Room

Location was very convenience.

Close to everything

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Got charged for a lost key card, doesn’t happen anywhere else I have stayed at. Though only cost 100,000dng ($6).

Great staff and tasty breakfast.

Browse Royal Hotel Saigon traveller photo gallery