Reviews of Babylon Garden Inn 3 stars

53, Hang Chieu Street, Hoan Kiem Disrtrict, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi, Vietnam

Based on 344 hostel reviews

Really liked the pool and the cinema room nice to have in a...
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Really liked the pool and the cinema room nice to have in a hostel Staff where very nice and helpful Allowed me to check in early when I arrived earlier 😊

Ok for short stay
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

When i asked the location of airport bus stop around old quarter, she said dont know and offer me hotel service. How ridiculous coz she is stay in Hanoi and its basic knowledge. In my booking i requested lower bed and they reply that they will book it for me. But during check in they stay the lower bed was full. Its so un professional. The bed was standard. Hot water was not always available. And the room photo in booking.com very different with the actual

Next to the local market, buffet breakfast, movie room really cozy

This is my second time staying at Babylon.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This is my second time staying at Babylon. It's starting to grow in popularity but it is still rather quiet compared to hostels in the area. The location is right where you want to be in Hoan Kiem, within walking distance to the lake and just a few streets away from the local night market.

The rooms and the swiming pool was nice.
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The rooms and the swiming pool was nice. The hostel offered a good breakfast with alot to choose from. The personell was also nice and helpfull when booking tours.

Good location close to local food and 10 min walk to lake,...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Staff went to clean and do a repair while we were still sleeping in the dorm

Good location close to local food and 10 min walk to lake, staff was very friendly and tours organised by the hostal were very good, rooftop in the hostal was very nice

Really liked the hostel but I think it was the travellers that made it great to be honest!
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Even though I had stayed here various time for a lot of days, didn't get any discount which most places do if you stay for a long period of time. Second time I moved to a better room and therefore had to check out and back in but was charged for a towel which I thought was a bit ridiculous. The third time I checked in I had travelled back from Ha Giang and arrived at 4am and the guy on the desk was the rudest person I have ever come across! He literally spoke to us like sh*t and made us feel nothing but like we were being an inconvenience. It was actually disgusting behaviour!

I think I stayed here for a total of 10 nights inbetween trips and the first time was great and the staff were fantastic! Beds are really comfortable, with curtains for extra privacy! The rooftop was nice to meet people and chill! Tip - request room 405 or 605, newer decor, wayyyy more room and have balconies and natural light!

Would definitely stay again if I'm Hanoi, have no hesitation in recommending Babylon Garden Inn

To be honest, nothing!

The most friendly and helpful staff. Excellent room and common spaces. Rooftop bar was fun and food was basic but good. The hostel was spotless and in a great location.

Staff very friendly, really technological rooms, with...
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It’s a great hostel! But you can probably save a few dollars to spend them in food or anything else, with a cheaper hostel that is not great like this one but still good

Staff very friendly, really technological rooms, with electronic key for opening the room and your locker, big lockers, everything was clean, really nice breakfast as it is buffet so you can eat all what you want, good internet, etc

Good atmosphere, cool bar and easy to meet people.

I got a private room (splashed out a bit because it was the last place I stayed in Vietnam). The room was tiny- only slightly bigger than the bed. There were no windows in the room either. I felt that if I booked a hotel I would have got a lot better value for money, but it was worth it for the atmosphere.

Good atmosphere, cool bar and easy to meet people.

Great place to stay, clean, friendly, perfect
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This hostel is amazing, I returned again and again. The stafff are helpful and friendly. The rooms are clean, quiet due to sound proofing and you have your own curtain for privacy. You also have a plug socket, a light, and fan by your bed. Lockers are provided too. The ac movie room is great, pool and roof top bar. The place and rooms are very clean and I made many friends here. Thank you

Pleasant and comfortable. Glad i stretched my budget a little to stay here.
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Asked for help with my bag to 3rd floor as I had hurt my back and balance was poor due to ear issues and was refused. Had to pay extra to stay in the side of property which was serviced by an elevator.

Big comfy mattress, thick privacy curtain, private fan, light and double plug socket. Pull down table and hooks for clothes. Balcony in room. Cinema room and pool are nice. Breakfast is pleasant. Probably nicest hostel I have stayed in for 4 months!

Love everything about this hostel!
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The breakfast are so-so. Location is quite walking distance if you wanna go to Hoan Kiem lake, but still close to bars and restaurants around. Balcony area in my room was kinda dirty at the time.

Love everything about this hostel! They have the pool, bars on the rooftop and the ground floor. The staffs are super friendly and mostly can speak good english. The bed and bathroom is quite amazing during my stays there. This hostel even plays better music than any bars I found around Vietnam, LOL!

Relaxing stay in busy Hanoi
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Not much. Shower did not get really warm. The food is a bit overpriced for the quality you get.

The cinema room! It was so nice to be able to relax and watch movies. Swimming pool was nice and cool as well. Beds were really comfortable, with curtains for some privacy. Aircon worked really well on most places. Staff was friendly and helpful. The entire hostel looks good, and is clean. I recommend this hostel for everyone staying in Hanoi! The location is close to the bar street and is also a central place for sightseeing. But after all that, it is also a great place for relaxing!

Nice place
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There were no toilets or changing rooms next to the pool so we had to walk past reception dripping just to go to the loo upstairs

Cool place with really fiendly staff, cinema room was great, beds were comfy and private with curtain, personal light and fan. Big lockers to store bags and also storage in the bed. The pool was also very refreshing after being outside in the heat! Free towel that you could replace every day

Best place
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I stayed in several other hostels in Hanoi before but 1 thing I would point out and it's that the Air Con of this hostel is just kind blowing...it's running all day and night 24x7 which I didn't found in other hostels with same price . Staff (from reception to cleaning ) is really gentle, friendly and fabulous and can communicate in English very well I didn't used the pool though :)) WiFi was good enough with up/down 30 Mbps on speed test. Soap and shampoo can be found inside washroom. Hot water was working nicely. Bed is cozy and comfortable to sleep including pillow . Also bed comes with a small foldable compact box where in you can put your stuff and a hanger to hang clothes. This hostel is sorrounded by famous vietnamese food to eat and restaurant and coffee bars and also near to Ta Hien street. 1st floor is for reception and chill out area Rooms are exceptionally clean Every single bed has private fan and light. One thing I liked about this hostel is that they have card swipe personal lockers for each bed and it's quite spacious and huge Bathrooms are clean too and sometimes yes it might be dirty but staff takes care of that really well and thumbs up for that I booked this place for 10 nights but as I had to leave early and they shifted my remaining 6 nights with other dates as per my preference and that's really amazing :)free towels and can be changed to new ones everyday :)) I would give 10/10 And will highly recommend this place And would love to get back soon :))

Everything.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Water sold at the property is twice the rate at department store. Advise people to buy water from outside.

Everything. They have everything that one could require or hope for. The property has a swimming pool, movie room, rooftop bar, luggage room, travel help desk and what not. Rooms are comfortable too with curtains on each bed also providing privacy in a shared dormitory.

Good location.
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This my second time to stay here. At First time, the girl who handle my booking really nice, friendly, and I can see how professional they are!. But not with the second time, the other staff who handle me who makes me feel uncomfortable. Well, if you can ignore this annoy girl staff.. and looking for a place with good location, bed, locker, strong wifi, simple breakfast, i recommend this place.

I like bed with curtain, make me feela private eventhough in a dorm. And good locker, big size and locker key also good, i feel save to put my stuff.

The room/bed is super comfy!
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The room/bed is super comfy! The bed curtain is genius!! And having an elevator is definitely great! Buffet breakfast is always a good idea, we never missed it! The staffs are super helpful and insanely nice! We had an amaZing stay in Babylon Garden and would definitely recommend and come back here again. :)

beds give you private confort (individual fun,plugs...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Regular service, we have been there in three diferets times and we have aways found problems( chek in two hours late,not swimming pool, beds giving to a group in diferents rooms even when we booked all toguether ...). In adiction, 7th floor rooms are very noisy untill midnigth because a party bar upstairs

beds give you private confort (individual fun,plugs,courtains. ..)and good ubication

The rooms were a good size and the staff were friendly and...
    • Deluxe Double Room

At the time of our stay, the indoor pool was closed for maintenance. The maintenance guys started work pretty early in the morning which did wake us up. We were also next to the luggage store room, so heard people coming and going very clearly constantly throughout the morning.

The rooms were a good size and the staff were friendly and helpful. The rooftop bar was a good place to grab some food and drinks and meet new people.

Pool ?😪

We chose this place because not many hotels in Hanoi have a pool. The pool was "under maintenance" but we were there for 4 days with an empty pool and no sign of maintenance. They said it would be 10 days but who would stay in Hanoi 10 days to know if that is correct

Reception staff helpful.

The hostel is very clean with comfortable beds.
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was hard to adjust water in the shower - it would change from cold to hot, impossible to get warm water.

The hostel is very clean with comfortable beds. The movie theater and the pool were amazing. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed there for almost two weeks. The hostel is good for both short and long stays.

But otherwise a good, clean and quiet hostel with...
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The pool was under maintenance, which was one the main things that lead me to book this hostel, so was disappointed.

But otherwise a good, clean and quiet hostel with comfortable beds

Buena
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

If your room is in the 6th floor the music may distub you and they didn't notify us that the pool was under maintenance during one week.

Very good location and services. Everything very new.

A great home away from home.
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

On each of the 3 times I stayed there my locker was broken so I had to keep my bags locked with my valuables. Once I wouldn't mind but after three times I think they just need to do something about it.

I stayed here 3 times and had a great stay each time. I had broken my ankle so the staff were super helpful. The manager was really accommodating and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean and it's in a good location in the old quarter. Nice rooftop bar too and decent breakfast.

Very good location in old quarter, kind staff - They...

The room - we expected much better. It should be 16 m2 but it was much smaller. Uncomfortable bad. In the room remained some things after the previous guests :(

Very good location in old quarter, kind staff - They arranged for us beautiful tour to Halong bay. Nice restaurant on the roof and fine breakfast

Staff are incredibly nice and helpful, I stayed here for...
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Food menu is a bit limited but there’s lots of restaurants and bahn mi places nearby so not really an issue!

Staff are incredibly nice and helpful, I stayed here for three weeks and loved it! Good social hostel, rooftop bar is nice, easy to meet people, and they don’t switch the aircon off so It’s nive and cool in the hot weather, each bed also has a fan and a privacy curtain with a comfy western mattress. Centrally located in the old quarter so easy to get around. Cinema room is a great place to chill! Definitely recommend!

Was ok, probably rate it a 6 from 10
    • Deluxe Double Room

Stairs up to the roof top, shower was very slippery, couldn't get extra pillows, pool was not available- we should have been notified as that was one of the reasons why we chose the hotel, should have been offered a discount or free drinks or something in lieu of the pool being unavailable. Got charged a 3% fee when paying for rooms- were not informed before hand.

the food was lovely, rooms were OK, staff were good but some could not understand you

Wonderful staff, great location, strong a/c and Wi-Fi.
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Pool out of order most of the time I was there. They should make it easier to book additional nights at the same price at reception instead of having to reserve on this site every time.

Wonderful staff, great location, strong a/c and Wi-Fi. Each bed has it's own fan, light, and outlet. Nice large lockers. I preferred the 14 bed dorm as there is much more space in the room. Nice view from rooftop.

Facilities were great, pool, movie room, bar, nice breakfast...
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Dorms slightly cramped. Some staff a little friendlier than others. They try and push tours on you a little

Facilities were great, pool, movie room, bar, nice breakfast included, beds with privacy curtains

Everything!
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything! By far the best hostel we've stayed in since we began travelling 3 months ago. It's so clean and the beds are a dream! The pool is great & is the cinema and rooftop bar! Breakfast is also included which we didn't even know, that was a bonus :-) you get a towel and they have a travel desk too! We booked a trip through them to ha long bay and it was great!! The staff are so lovely (bar one or two moody ones) but it's a great atmosphere and we felt right at home. I would recommend to anyone going to Hanoi to stay here! We even got to do a cooking class for free as they have promotions on the board and it was worth 25 dollars, that was also great fun!! Thanks for our stay :)

Great that they have a pool and very comfy beds!
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They cancelled my airport pickup lastminute. The guy who worked late at night was very unfriendly and uninterested in the guests in my opinion.

Great that they have a pool and very comfy beds! The breakfast was good!

Wonderful stay
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The three times I stayed my locker was broken! I told reception and they said I could put my valuables in the safe at the front desk but I just locked my bags and left them in the locker but was a bit annoying that it happened with three different lockers, definitely need to get them fixed.

Pretty much everything was great; staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I broke my ankle so was resting up in the hostel on three separate occasions, they helped me with my bags, ice packs and general comfort. The beds are really comfortable, you have your own light, shelf, hooks and fan! Really clean too, good location in the centre of the old quarter.

New hostel opened in April with an indoor pool, rooftop, and...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Only thing - beware that staff may come inside your room around 8-8:30am, turn on the lights and clean up/change sheets. This caught me off guard as I was trying to sleep in. Staff were not apologetic after I mentioned the issue and others had a similar experience.

New hostel opened in April with an indoor pool, rooftop, and elevator! Has an upbeat and casual atmosphere that's fun.

Above average Hanoi hostel
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing special to point out actually, maybe the rooms could sometimes a smell a bit, but it was normal for the quantity of people the room had and totally acceptable

The breakfast has a good selection and it is located on the rooftop! The hostel has pool, which i didn't really make use of, but its a plus. Beds are confy and have a storage space, personal light, socket and curtains.

Comfy beds with privacy curtains, nice breakfast, good...
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff wasnt helpful at all, everytime i had a question they didnt bother to help out, some didnt speak english at all.

Comfy beds with privacy curtains, nice breakfast, good location.

The place is so convenient that I doubt I will look for any other places to stay in Hanoi.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It took me little while to get used to different wifi networks on different floors. But I think it is to have better coverage in the end, so it is for a good reason.

Everytime I am in Hanoi I stay here. Staff is extremely helfpul and friendly, they make you feel like home. Rooftop bar is nice, breakfast is great. If you need to leave your stuff for couple of days there, no fee applies. Staff just smiles and says "Of course we can keep it for you." Really nice place.

I love my front desk friends
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The elevator was out of order and the power went out during my stay.

The staff was so wonderful, breakfast was filling, the rooms were so nice to relax and rest comfortably.

The staff here were amazing and so helpful.
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The staff here were amazing and so helpful. I did various trips coming back and forth to Hanoi. Always stayed here and they always remembered my name😊

Central location

Very very small rooms Old furniture The ac is not controllable from the room hence making it too cold

Central location International environment Cheap price Nice and cheap bar on the rooftop Private and clean bathroom Stylish lounge

Best hostel in Hanoi
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This was my second time staying here and once again it was probably the best hostel I’ve ever stayed in. -new -clean -strong a/c -incredibly good soundproofing -rooms were quiet and comfortable I would strongly recommend to anyone!

Good place, but for the same money they can offer more
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Trips are a bit expensive, the restaurant doesn’t always have food. Do not book here for the pool is not good as it is an inside pool. Breakfast could be better for the money you pay. There is no elevator to the dorms.

It has AC everywhere and the hole day is on. Nice rooftop good and clean bathrooms and the showers have shampoo and liquid soap to use. Good location. Every bed has its own fan.

- good atmosphere
    • Deluxe 14-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The only thing that bothered me was that I was showering and there was not cold water. Yes, only hot. I had to moved 2 floors until I found another available functioning one. Had other details on the way, but the staff fixed. Still a good hostel, had a laugh. Oh, they keep your passport during your stay. But that's pretty common around Vietnam.

- good atmosphere - cinema room - helpful staff - good WiFi - free towel (w/shampoo) - breakfast buffet - curtains - rooftop w/restaurant

This place is such a gem.
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This place is such a gem. The rooms are new, clean, and very comfortable! The soundproofing worked so well. I can’t imagine staying anywhere else in Hanoi.

Excellent hostel in a great location
    • Deluxe Double Room

They have a tour agency and they have quite a few options at reasonable prices on their tours but, personally, we weren’t impressed with them and would advise shopping around.

Well located in the heart of the old quarter. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the room was modern and clean. Breakfast was included and, although it was the same every day and pretty basic, there were a few choices and the quality was good. Would recommend it.

Meh!
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bathroom was very clean. It has no TP during a good part of the day. The dorms we stayed in had no window. It was like sleeping in a box! The extra services (bar, laundry, tours) seem overpriced

The beds are comfortable and have curtains for privacy. Nice rooftop terrasse. Staff is happy to help with any questions

Excellent stay. Highly recommended!
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

I was on the floor right below the rooftop bar so in the morning, I would always hear the movements of the chairs from above. Quite loud and disruptive at times, especially when you want to sleep in a bit.

Clean and comfortable. Lots of storage spaces. Great location and great breakfast with views. Check in/out went smoothly and the staff was very accommodating considering how exhausted I was. Staff also offered great recommendations and were very friendly. Helped me lots in planning my trip although I was quite indecisive. Overall, loved it!

Great hostel!!!

Very nice and helpful staff. one guy helped me with early check in when i arrived at 6 am because of the bus. Includes a great netflix room. Worth every cent!

Nice hotel but not nice behaviour of staff and a bit of a scam
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I stayed with them twice. Once I booked via Booking and once via Agoda. The time I booked via Agoda, I booked a standard double room. Instead, they put me in a 10-bed dorm. They said they don't work with Agoda (so how is it possible that they received my booking?). A girl later in evening had the same issue. I think they do it to attract people to the hostel, hoping that they will stay anyway once they reach the hostel. So I recommend not to book via Agoda. What annoyed me, too, is that the cleaning ladies came in the room at 10am while I (and others) were sleeping and they just kept chatting among themselves. Then they came in again 10 minutes before the check-out time and they wanted to clean my bed while I was still getting ready.

The hostel is nice. The beds are comfortable and modern. Nice rooftop bar.

Perfect! Love it.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The breakfast, the view from the restaurant at the rooftop, the bed, and the cinema room, also the staff, literately everything in this place is perfect. I love it, and it's the best hostel I ever lived in my two-week journey in Vietnam. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone. Oh, also the price is so low that you can not believe all the things there.

Perfect with a small but
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

At the reception they wanted to sell me a bus ticket to Hà Giang for 390k, and it actually costs 200k + taxi to the bus station (80k). We made it by ourselves and saved some money

It was basically perfect, if I would imagine a perfect hostel, would be this one.

Best dorms to stay in Hanoi
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The greatest place to stay in Hanoi in my opinion. I came back every time I needed to spend the night in Hanoi. The rooms are super clean, every bed has light and a fan. Breakfast is good. Very quiet and private. You don't feel like it's dorms Thanks for lovely Th from reception for everything.

Perfect place
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

That’s my second time here and contrary to my first experience, i had a very nice stay . The staff is still helpful and smily, dorm is really spatious, bed are confortable, swimming pool is open, breakfast is good, and still cheap. Highly recommended

Manager is a very negative person
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I broke my foot in this hotel. The manager harassed me to leave it everyday because I borrowed a cover to put my foot up because it was swollen. He is unpolite and even made me cry me a lot just for a cover!I think he felt obliged to offer me a night because I broke my foot in his hotel but he made me pay 100 times. Imagine everyday he sent me someone of his staff early in the morning to ask me if today I check out. In addition he tryied many times to cancel my reservayiom because of a cover! Amd even shoited on me in front of other customers. The manager has some lessons of service and respect to take. In Vietnam money is more important than life and maybe he acted by this way because I payied less with my genius status booking. I complained to booking who tried to call him but he never answered.

Good location. Comfortable

Great place, great location
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I forgot an expensive make up bag and phoned after 20 minutes and they said it wasn't there. Still being built/decorated. Shame the pool wasn't ready.

Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Decor was lovely, amazing tiles. Felt fancy for a hostel. Beds were comfortable and had curtains. Rooftop bar was nice.

Amazing value and great staff !! Perfect place to hang out with friends or for solo travelers.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing. Unfortunately the swimming pool was on maintenance during our stay but it doesn't change the fact that this hostel is amazing for the price you pay.

Staff was very welcoming, the location is great right in the heart of the old quarter. The hostel is very clean, the beds quite comfy and the rooftop makes it easy to chat with other fellow travelers. They also provide an excellent buffet for breakfast.

Cinema room.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A bit unlucky to have no water in the pipe due to pump failure (claim by the hotel Staff)

Cinema room. A TV room with bean bag for you to rest if you arrived early.

This place made my trip the most awesome !
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The receptionist is sometimes not friendly. Maybe it depends. My room didn't have water to brush my teeth

I love that place. Very cleaning and comfortable. It's cheap also. I do come back if I go to Hanoi again. They also have free drinks, cinema room, balcony, free breakfast. What could you ask for more ?

Good one!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

We looked on booking for a place with pool because we wanted to use it, so we saw that this hostel has one. When we arrived we found out that it's currently not available, which was a bummer for us.

Very nice staff, helpful, comfortable beds, good breakfast

Nothing-

Literally Best and Cheap. For the price you pay you get more than expected. Breakfast is buffet and really good: fried rice, noodles, vegetables and potato salad. Bananas, bread, French toast, butter and honey. You can also order eggs and they make it for you. Coffee and tea. The bedroom is so comfortable, the curtain makes it pretty private, and the blankets are clean and soft. The whole place looks amazing, you can see that is pretty new and I hope they keep it like this. Staff is great, they helped us find the cheapest way to the airport and they showed us the best spots and attractions in Hanoi. You won’t regret, stay here!

Very good location.

It was pretty noisy. Some residents were a bit shouty at night. Shared bathroom not always clean.

Very good location. Private room was very good and clean. Most staff were very nice.

5 star facilities, in the middle of the old town but still...
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel is still new so some things are not working yet (pool, cinema ...) but nothing important.

5 star facilities, in the middle of the old town but still quiet, comfy beds, nice rooftop, nice and friendly staff

Amazing dorms
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I have nothing bad to say! Would definitely come again

Very friendly staff. The room was very clean and even though it is dorms there's privacy. Shower is clean and nice, hot water. Great location, and yet quiet.

This place is okay. But there is better options
    • Deluxe Double Room

Some staff were rude. I wanted just a little extra milk for my cereal (that I brought with me) and they told me NO, it’s just for the coffee. Even thought they had a lot in the fridge. WTF. I was not happy with how they kept my passport, and when I went to checkout they forgot to give it back to me. When I asked for it, it took them around 5 mins to find it in the cupboard, there was no organization which made me nervous. Also, the pool is not setup, has no water.

The private room was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean. The location is great

Comfortable bed, but horrible roomates
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The ac definitely too cold. The annoying alarm on the room door wich is always ringing when someone comes. The population is drunky teenagers,absolutely disrespectful, making exagerate noise till 3am, my worst night ever. Even for their check in at 6 am, the member of the staff was talking loudly and turned on the light.. the staff overcharge my extend pretending new equipment are available but I figured out after leaving they lied to me because was cheaper on booking. And finally the swimming pool wasn’t opened yet...

Very confortable bed, private curtain, individual socket, fan and light. Good breakfast, good wifi

This place is a gem
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The best hostel I stayed in in my past 5 months of travel in Asia. This place is a gem. People working there are super nice. The beds are super comfy, everything is ultra clean. New hostel in town. You have to go there. When you arrive in this hostel, it’s seems you arrive in a 4 star boutique hotel. I loved it

Comfortable, good location and value for money.
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Little things like the swimming pool was under maintenance during my stay.

Staffs are nice and feels very genuinely pleased to serve and assist with guests needs. One of the receptionist goes above and beyond to get a tour fit to my budget. The tour turned out to be pretty amazing and somewhat healing. Not to say that I was alwaysexcited for breakfast. The hostel is pretty new i hope they maintain the sincerity.

Super awesome new hostel!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

Showers had cold water. The indoor pool was not working yet.

The location!!! It’s right in the center of the old town. Everything you wanna see or do like Dong Xuan market or the Beer street are really close. Staff is super helpful and speaks really good English. We slept in a 4 Bed Female dormitory which was clean and new and really good value for money. Breakfast is included and you can have it at their rooftop bar. At night the rooftop bar is a nice place to meet people and get ready for a night out in Hanoi. Would definitely stay at Babylon Garden again when returning to the city.

Incredible value for money hostel in the heart of Hanoi!
    • Deluxe 10-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Hard to say, since it had only just opened it would’ve been so awesome to use the pool but it was still being filled, more fun for future guests though! Very little problems I had, the only one I can really think of was no common area for people to get to know each other, but the bar on the rooftop well makes up for it

It went well above what I was expecting, privatised dorms with your own fan, light and power switch, honest to god luxury for a hostel for the price I paid. I’ll be very surprised if this doesn’t become a chain in Hanoi, the staff were super friendly and very fun to talk to, not to mention genuinely helpful and willing to help, something I’ve found isn’t common everywhere. All in all my favourite hostel in Vietnam, shame I couldn’t have stayed longer!

First when we arrived the man that made the check in was...

First when we arrived the man that made the check in was asking for a deposit that was twice the value of our reservation. After some time he gave up without checking with the manager which made us think that the deposit was not mandatory. The same happened with our passports. When we reached our room, it was all dirty with the last person's sheets and garbage and we had to go back to ask for someone to clean it. We waited more half an hour. The room was really different from the pictures and had a wall socket that was melting and smelt like burnt plastic, we had to take out the card that gave us the electricity in order to avoid burn the whole room while we were a sleep. We ask to change the room but the hostel was full.

Best Hostel in Hanoi!!!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel only recently opened a week ago, so there is still abit of construction work going on. However after this is completed the hostel will be even better than it already is.

Excellent customer service! The staff are extremely knowledgeable and ready to help with booking taxis to airports, tours and general assistance. Always a smile and friendly greeting when walking past the reception. The facilities and rooms are modern and clean as it has recently opened. So get in early while everything is still new and sparkly haha. The interior design and paintings on the walls give the hostel a very fancy classy hotel feel. The hostel is about 5 minutes walk to the party street in Hanoi. Very convenient to have a great night out and venture back to the hostel to rest up. Definitely fortunate I followed a friend to this hostel, as it looked too good to be true. However the Babylon Garden Inn hostel does deliver on what it promises. Unfortunately the pool wasn't ready for use yet, but it looks like it will be a popular hangout spot for travellers. The rooftop bar/restaurant has a great view. Very chilled vibes there and the free breakfast each morning is highly welcoming! Highly recommended hostel in Hanoi!

Pretty new hostel at the North end of Hanoi Old Town
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The swimming pool and cinema room were not available yet.

It was walking distance from the bus station from Sapa. I stayed female 4-bed dormitory with private bathroom and it was just so beautiful! The bunk bed is the boxed type with a curtain and pretty stable. The sink in the room is really big, and there is the glass door between the toilet and the shower stall. I liked it since the majority of the bathroom in South East Asia is built in the same space and get wet everywhere. They have a nice roof-top cafe so I could enjoy the breakfast with the nice view of Hanoi Old Town.

Cheap and nice. Good staff
    • Deluxe 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is currently unfinished. I was expecting a pool - however once I settled in I didn't miss it. There's no time in Hanoi to sit at the pool!

Comfortable, cheap accommodation. Nice rooftop bar/restaurant

The shower has a door so the bathroom doesn't get...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Female Dormitory Room

The air con unit made some strange noises. Google maps has the hostel location in the wrong place. I found it by following the building numbers.

The shower has a door so the bathroom doesn't get flooded. The beds are comfy with their own fan, light, curtains and locker. The staff let me borrow a towel and take a shower before my night flight. Laundry service was quick. I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

Nice new hostel for those that want peace and quiet
    • Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Breakfast was pretty poor and choice was very limited. No juice despite there being empty containers? One shower/toilet in an 8 bed dorm isn’t enough. The first bed I stayed in had the only window to outside and no curtain so I woke up when it started getting bright. Not a very social hostel so don’t expect to meet many new people

Great quiet and comfy hostel that has just opened (hence the few reviews). Very modern. Very good value for money but I suspect this is to get more customers to build up reviews. Soap in showers. Free towel to use. Good WiFi.

Browse Babylon Garden Inn traveller photo gallery