Reviews of Rex Hotel 5 stars

141 Nguyen Hue Blvd, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

#111 of 842 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Haven amid the bustle of Saigon
    • Governor Suite Double

Add on charges in fine print. Just put the full price on menus and say it includes service and VAT charges.

Rooms were spectacular and facilities very enjoyable. Staff were delightful- special mention to Mia and Hoa for their wonderful service, always attentive (remembering my preferences) and with a bright smile.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great location, excellent service
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Had two large well decorated rooms with a connecting door. Perfect for a family. The location in the middle of Ho Chi Minh City is excellent. Most attractions can be reached by a short walk.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Rex was good, but could’ve easily been better
    • Rex Suite

The club sandwich in the bar/restaurant was just horrible. Checking out was extremely frustrating. It felt like Asians got priority over us. I know that sounds racist. I don’t mean to be but they kept starting to help us and then helping someone who didn’t look like us.

They had private tours we could do that were interesting and we were picked up and dropped back. We were treated very well on the tours. Being able to have massages at the hotel was great.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Large room.
    • Rex Suite

This is a 3 star hotel masquerading as a 5 star. Once you get past the glitz you realize how dated everything is. Staff never responded to e-mails requesting arrangements to be picked up from airport. Spa is terrible. Tried two separate massage packages. Both were just oil rubdowns. Dated facility as well. Lastly, location is very touristy. 25-30 minute walk to get the all the great street food locations, etc.

Large room. Comfortable bed. Good breakfast buffet. Wait staff very friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Lovely hotel, amazing breakfast but customer service could have been a bit more professional.
    • Rex Suite

Changed up British pounds to vnd. Was called the next day via my hotel phone to say that one of my British notes was not accepted as it had a pen mark on it. When questioned how was it known to be mine and why was I not told immediately informed but until the following day of my stay.. was told I was the only one who changed that day. Very hard to believe. No serial number of the note was taken, it could of been anyone’s. I was made to feel inclined to change to another note by staff which I did. This is a 5 star hotel, would’ve expected a more professional approach. Asked a friend to try the amazing breakfast with me one day during my stay, was immediately told I had to pay additional guest charge. 1. Perhaps this could’ve waited until my guest was not present as she felt uncomfortable and wished to pay me back 2. Had I put 2 guests in my room during my stay.. would I of had to pay extra?? I am back to Saigon following my trip to da nang, have decided to stay at another hotel because of this.

Breakfast was amazing

Lovely few days in HCMC
    • Rex Suite

Food in the rooftop bar was very expensive and not very tasty!!

Our room was amazing. So spacious and comfy. Loved the marble in the bathrooms. Great selection for the breakfast buffet. Excellent location easy walk to all main sites in district 1

Beautiful historic hotel
    • Rex Suite

We were upgraded to a lovely room with a lounge. The room was great and the bed incredibly comfortable. The Rex is a lovely Heritage building. The rooftop bar is the perfect spot for a drink. We were able to walk to all we wanted to see. I would definitely go back to the Rex.

This is our second time here.

Some of the front counter staff need further customer service training especially in dealing with hotel guests who just arrived from traveling all day and very tired. They need empathy, smiles and extra helpful advise especially if they have advised the hotel that they will be arriving before checking in time. First impression is very important for guests to wanting to come back. Thank you.

This is our second time here. We really enjoyed our stay the first time but this time it's okay. Great location.

Great location, grand old hotel with great pool and roof top bar.
    • Rex Suite

The food at the pool & rooftop bar was very average and very over priced for what it was.

The bed was comfy, great size room. Sumptuous breakfast buffet. Nice pool and enjoyed the Rooftop bar.

Great location, helpful staff
    • Rex Suite

Location is perfect. It’s walking distance to most places within the city, including the river, Norte Dame Cathedral, shopping centers (Parkson, Takashiyama), etc. Service staff are pleasant and speak English. Check-in and check-out are fuss free and straight forward. The bell boys are helpful. One night, when we were struggling to cross the busy road to return to the hotel, one of them took the initiative to walk to the middle of the road to stop traffic, and led us safely across. So heroic! The taxi stand is right in front of the hotel. There is always a line of taxis waiting. Take the official taxis so that you don’t get cheated. We used taxis several times, and each trip cost less than 100,000 VND. But in one trip we took back to the hotel, we did not look at the taxi company properly, and hopped on to one that insisted we pay 250,000 VND when it was only 25,000 VND. The taxi meter usually does not show the last 3 digits. I think the dishonest taxi we took did not show last 2 digits. There is a tour desk that operates long hours at the hotel lobby. We booked Cu Chi tunnel tour the night before. All turned out well. Cu Chi tunnel: must go! Don’t miss! The hotel has water puppet and other traditional performances a few nights a week. There is some noise creeping into the bedroom during this time (7pm – 8pm), and also some noise from the restaurants/ bar, but these tend to quieten down by 10pm. Although the hotel is in an old building, but the décor is not tired or worn out. Our suite is clean, luxurious and large: a sitting area, the bedroom and the attached bath/ toilet with bidet, and shower stall. The downside is that the parquet/ wooden floor squeaks. There is some random knocking sound – either from the fridge or plumbing system. The breakfast has a good spread. Freshly cooked on the spot are pho noodles and eggs. The buffet spread is good. The gym/fitness center has long opening hours and well maintained equipment.

Visiting from Australia

Nothing not to like

Fantastic hotel and great location. Staff were fantastic and food, service and facilities were superb. Will definately stay here for our next visit.

Watch for additional costs
    • Governor Suite Double

The cost of meals and drinks were very expensive compared to any other place we have stayed at in Vietnam.

The rooms were lovely. We had an upgraded room which was really nice.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Review
    • Rex Suite

The room was okay and it's very old, needs some renovation. The construction noise was loud and stayed up very late.

The location was amazing and next to the shopping malls. Lots of stores near by and its a walking distance from all the shopping centres.

It is an affordable 5-star hotel with a great location.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

If you are having an early breakfast, sometimes there aren't enough staff to take care of everybody.

It is an affordable 5-star hotel with a great location.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

great place to stay
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The location is just perfect. The breakfast, the staff very friendly and helpful. The lady that made my scrambled eggs was super nice. She always made my day together with the welcoming people at the breakfast. I will for sure come back to this place when I need to be in Ho Chi Ming

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Wonderful, historical hotel.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

While most of the staff were wonderful, there were a couple on concierge that seemed a bit 'cranky'. Prices for food on the bar menu etc are way too expensive compared to anywhere we've eaten in Vietnam...(could be to be expected in such a nice hotel?)

Wonderful, historical hotel. Huge, clean, quiet, comfortable rooms. Breakfasts are amazing and you can either sit out by the roof bar or in the beautiful dining room to enjoy it. Two pools to choose from and a very well equipped gym. The location is perfect! Will definitely be back to the Rex on our next visit to Vietnam.

Staff were very friendly and engaging. I would stay again.
    • Executive Governor Suite

Extra casual seating in foyer. Waiting for business guests I had to use the downstairs restaurant tables. For business people a few casual seats with tea and coffee service.

Rooms were very comfortable and quiet. Facilities were as expected.

Bed not bad .
    • Rex Suite

Shower had mold and ask for 3 days to get it cleaned . Very noisy for nighty band out side of building need paint. 2 star not 5 star.drink and food very expensive

Bed not bad .pillow good . That's all

A comfortable hotel situated in great location.
    • Governor Suite Double

Supply more than just 3 free water bottles. Water should be given freely, no extra charge if guests want more. Bacon was served daily. There could have been a variety. Put bidet in the toilet. We came in at 10am and room was available at 12pm. We would have appreciated a much shorter wait.

Hotel Air Conditioning in hot humid HCM was a big plus. Returning to the room with great airconditioning was such a relief. Bathroom was huge. Being allowed to smoke inside the room was exactly what we wanted. Fruits in breakfast buffet were delicious. Location was outstanding.

location.

breakfast food was just okay. in order for you to play the casino, they need a lot, A LOT of things to fill up. hassle. so, my dad and the rest of my siblings just left. opportunity lost there for you, more shopping money for us.

location. best location. it is located in the center of the everything. you can walk 10 minutes away from the hotel and you are already in ben tanh market. super close to good restaurants as well.

Very nice situation of this hotel, central to any and each entertainments or facilities
    • Executive Premium Room

Breakfast : a lot of people at some time Staff at Reception could be more friendly

The comfort of the room and the facilites (swimming pool, gym, etc.)

5 star luxury perfect ending for a holiday to Vietnam
    • Executive Premium Room

People not staying in hotel can enter the hotel to shop and use restaurants so the hotel staff did not really know if you are a guest of the hotel or not.

Great Hotel, request a quiet room and that is exactly what you get no traffic noise perfect for a good nights sleep, great location, within walking distance to the market and other attractions.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

My stay at the Rex
    • Rex Suite

There was nothing not to like the whole experience was first class

Everything was of a very high standard. The staff were very efficient and friendly. The rooftop garden was amazing. This is the only hotel for me in HoChiMinh!

I had a great time ! Mostly can do little bit shopping inside the hotel !
    • Executive Premium Room

I like everything here in this hotel. Nothing is disappointing.

Yes . My breakfast was excellent ! I requested for 5 minutes half boiled egg and it’s true. And the dessert, i got my favorite cream caramel and the taste is perfect ! Never thought in Vietnam can do nice food !

Beautiful clean room, well located and close to markets and local attractions. Great rooftop bar.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The reception staff seemed very busy and were not very friendly or helpful or informative.

The Rex Hotel always the best choice.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

I have had the pleasure of staying at this fine hotel on many occasions and they never disappoint me in terms of my overall experience. Absolute wonderful and professional staff. Still provide the best hotel experience that I have encountered world wide.

We were there for a short visit while waiting to fly home,...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

We were there for a short visit while waiting to fly home, we advised them of this and they were amazing ! Very efficient helpful and this hotel is in an amazing location for shopping, restaurants and so forth. The services and support staff were also very good.

As above

Staff and communication

We found the staff unfriendly and failed to explain important things like the holding fee on my credit card, that two for one drinks didn’t really mean that at all and the prices for drinks as rediculous!! My recommendation is that staff explain the visa holding fee arrangements and take us to our room and explain the lights and facilities.

Great Hotel in HCM City
    • Rex Suite

The water pressure in the shower is very very weak.

During my stay in this hotel for 2 weeks, the hotels staffs had done a wonderful jobs of taking good care of our room and other services as required. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Location is excellent. Very clean hotel. Will definitely be back to this hotel in March 2019.

Rude staff and not suited to Western guests
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Booked a car from airport. Cost of $40 is 4 times rate in cab but booked so could get car quickly as had meetings in town. Arrived at airport and no driver in site. Called the hotel and was told rudely by the person on the phone that the driver was waiting for me. Another 15 minutes still no driver. Called again and was again told driver was there. 5 minutes later I saw a rude surly man walking with a sign with my name on it. No apologies but started to attack me for calling hotel when "only a little late!". No help was provided with bags, nor water or towels offered, and the car was just a grab driver Toyota, not what is expected when paying such overs. Guest services manager was nice and tried to apologize on arrival which was appreciated. However the rest of the staff are rude and seem quite anti-westerner. The hotel is very Vietnamese centric and i would only recommend to stay here if are Vietnamese or Chinese. There are no Western management staff, the GM is Vietnamese, and it shows on the beehaviour of the staff towards guests, with the staff being arrogant and aggressive instead of service oriented you would expect in a 5 star hotel. The hotel is really only a 3 star standard hotel, very old saggy mattresses on the beds and desperately in need of a refurb, so if looking to book compare the pricing to other 3 star hotels, not nearby 5 star hotels which are of far higher quality

Good location. Big rooms

OK stay but not 5 star.
    • Executive Premium Room

Staff on the Guest services desk. They made you feel like you were interrupting them when you went to ask about something. The male supervisor on the roof top restaurant would only acknowledge my wife. LOL He spent more time watching the TV! Some other staff were more interested in the soccer on the TV.

Old fashioned hotel in a great location close to everything. Check out staff were great as was the Tour desk.

Historical hotel with great rooftop. One of the landmark hotels of HCMC
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The view from my room : looking out at a white wall inside the hotel a few meters from the window

Amazing rooftop terrace on the 5th floor with views over the city, views of beautiful historical buildings and the people enjoying themselves on the streets below. The hotel has a very rich history as the place for journalists during the Vietnam war and other memorable events.

Nice 5 star experience but for the money I would stay somewhere that was better value.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The wifi wasnt great, it kept cutting out when I was making calls. Pool was closed whilst i was there which was disappointing. Staff were not very helpful when I asked them where the other pool was. Didn't get my welcome drink although my room was ready early which was nice. Lots of business people so it feels quite corporate rather than relaxing as people were on their laptops at phones in the restaurant.

Large rooms very quite and clean. Great breakfast.

Total luxury and very affordable
    • Governor Suite Double

Only downside is it is in district 1 so cheap and traditional Vietnamese restaurants are not within walking distance and shops and cafes around are expensive by Asian standards. Easily fixed with a cheap taxi trip to another district.

Amazing location, absolute luxury in the hotel, excellent value for money and friendly staff. Excellent tour guides from the hotel (we went to the cu chi tunnels and Mekong delta) Highly recommend and would definitely stay here again

Staff attitude is not reached...
    • Rex Suite

Some Staff is rude not kind, When I asked them something to deal about my bill they were not corresponding directly to me and then started to talk in Vietnamese among staff , that series of attitude was lack of hospitality

Clean and comfortable

We loved this hotel.
    • Executive Governor Suite

We loved this hotel. Our suite was amazing and access to the executive lounge was brilliant and great value for money. The pools were beautiful, very clean and well maintained. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. The hotel organised a tour and picked us up directly from the airport to do the tour first so we could squeeze it in. Late check out until 3pm was great. I would stay at this hotel again it was a great experience and great value for money.

Very good - would stay again.
    • Rex Suite

More variety to the menu at the different restaurants, although breakfast was extremely good.

Bed was really comfortable and the old charm of the hotel was welcoming.

My home in Saigon
    • Governor Suite Double

Breakfast is very good - now with Salmon as well, thank you. Super friendly staff. Perfectly located in the heart of Saigon, next to the walking street. My favorite place in Saigon.

Hotel quality remains as wonderful as our two previous stays. Will definitely stay at Rex again!
    • Executive Premium Room

Executive lounge is very large which does not have an intimate feel, but snack and drink selections are wonderful.

Wonderful breakfast with a great staff. A beautiful hotel in the central location. Hotel sent a rose and birthday cake for the wife which happened on the day we checked in. The hotel staff goes out of their way to make our stay comfortable. Have stayed in this hotel twice during the last to visits. Would definitely stay again.

It was everything I had ever expected of the Rex.
    • Executive Premium Room

We felt the Executive Lounge wasn't up to the Lounges in other hotels we have stayed.

Our room was large and the king bed was very comfortable. We didn't hear any noise at all and yet our window overlooked Union Square.

Ensure you have enough funds to cover check in. Better value elsewhere
    • Rex Suite

Check in was poor and staff member had little English. I presented my credit card asking that this was for securing the booking and being told yes.indeed the amount of the booking and some 40 dollars per day was appropriated without my knowledge or consent .FAIL. When on check out I was advised it will take up to 2 weeks to access the funds. Fortunately I have been able to make alternative arrangements but after a 9 day stay it is a trap that could catch out people. Not happy Jan The room was exposed to noises from footsteps and furniture being moved and had no view. Poor form for a Suite. Prices of food and beverage at the roof top bar bordered on excessive price gouging as did mini bar and laundry prices. Tip there is a laundry service over the road from the Sheraton which is excellent Being made to walk past rows of expensive and customer free shops to access the lifts was interesting but the poor door openers looked so bored In all there are better places to stay at this price point

Cleaning staff and most desk staff delightful and competent Good bathroom and supplies and towels Great slippers and robes Good breakfast with great pho, eggs and good mixed selection and service Free water puppet show excellent Central location and taxi supply

I love the heritage style of the hotel.
    • Executive Premium Room

Although the location is great. The windows are not sound proofed and when I stayed they were preparing for a major event with music so loud it was deafening and did not help me concentrate on my work. And the light shows were awesome until they hit your room! The staff on the front desk need to be taught how to smile. On check out I watched the 3 members and none of them smiled at any of the guests that they were checking out of the hotel, myself included. Which is in total contrast to the wonderful reception I always get when checking in.

I love the heritage style of the hotel. Which has an air of escapism back to the golden days of Vietnam. The location is excellent. In the heart of the hustle and busy Vietnam style.

Grand Hotel in the best location in town
    • Governor Suite Double

Breakfast is a bit hectic if you are like us and get up late. The roof bar is nice and well worth a visit for some lunch and cocktails - but I would point out that the cocktails were a bit overpriced by vietnam standards.

Super location, and facilities, we had an enormous suite which was a nice bonus.

Rex hotel is your first choice if you visit hcm city
    • Executive Premium Room

We stayed in executive suite and it was such good value as we have buffet breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks with tapas as well as 2 pieces free laundry included! The location is perfect it’s close to everything! I would stay here again if I ever visit hcm again!

An oasis of calm in a manic crowded city.
    • Rex Suite

The view of the construction site across the street. However, there was no noise.

The suite on the 3rd floor was very spacious, clean and comfortable with a king and a double bed and an adjoining sitting room.

Would never recommend or return.
    • Rex Suite

Room was very small and in desperate need of a revamp, peeling wallpaper, used toiletries left for us to use. No soap. A lot of noise above us, loud music till late and more noise again in the morning. Cigarette smoke everywhere for non smoking hotel that has ashtrays everywhere??? Reception night staff have poor communication skills, their English was terrible. I made complaints asking for the toiletries that either aren’t in the room or have been used by previous guest to be replaced but they weren’t. They did bring me an iron and ironing board at 11pm when I was asleep and didn’t request one. Very frustrating and disappointing place to stay and was way overpriced for the quality of service and facilities that we experienced.

Location only

Superb location comfortable beds stayed in Grosvenor Suite...

Lobby has no real place to sit and wait for tours No power points by bed Staff not rude just indifferent Rail construction by hotel impacts nice location looks outside but wasn’t noisey

Superb location comfortable beds stayed in Grosvenor Suite and Rex Suite new west wing and old east wing Great air conditioning very clean Good omelettes for breakfast Starbucks 2mins round corner

Location was the only positive aspect
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Beds very hard and uncomfortable. Deluxe room windows either had frosting or the outlook was too hortible to show or a horid view of internal airconditioning units all rusted in a central triangular area between the rooms. Very claustrophobic and ugly. The central air con inside the rooms was so loud I needed to wear ear plugs to sleep. There were also red lights and flashing lights on the smoke detectors right above our bed that were very bright even when you closed your eyes. Aircon only in the lobby and rooms so the elevator and corridors were stifling. As a result the old carpet in the corridors was stained and damp smelling. Some rooms we walked past had mouldy wallpaper at the doors near the bathrooms. The decor was very out dated and wooden doors all peeling and tatty looking near the pool area. The pool had zero ambience and no real outlook but on the upside there was no one using it either! Only 4 reclining lounges and 2 umbrellas, the rest were upright teak timber seats that were very uncomfortable and lined up in a row infront of the gym window with excersise bikes directly behind them. The main lobby lounge was predominantly a cigar smoking area with a large glass cabinet full of cigars. You needed to walk through all the men smoking cigars to get to your room! No ventilation either. I would not stay here again. We had an issue with our booking and my daughter not being included as a guest and them wanting an additional $20USD/ night for her when booked in a twin room for max 2 guests (myself and my daughter), in the end we checked out after one night even though we had paid for our 3 night stay. I would not recommend this to families or couples. It is an old mans hotel complete with cigar room & boring decor to match with nothing much updated since the 1920's.

Location was the only positive aspect

Really just average, don't be fooled by the 5 star or the name
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The location is great, but the hotel itself is confusing, big, and the rooms are very dark and disappointing. The breakfast was just OK. The staff was neither friendly or unfriendly, they just ignored us... not particularly welcoming. I wouldn't stay there agin.

Great location and view
    • Governor Suite Double

it was difficult to find our way around the huge hotel - and we couldn't walk from the west wing to the executive wing where our room was located. The breakfast had many options but was just ok - seemed a bit tired

we had a lovely suite - clean, spacious and comfortable. The rooftop bar was fun and the band was enjoyable

I had a bad experience with a staff member called Phong ! Rude man !!
    • Governor Suite Double

wish someone would take note ? The bacon was always soggy and not grilled well ! Was served cold tea which i hate ! so please don't serve cold tea or coffee ! Other than that i was pleased with the selection that was available

I liked the selection that was available at the buffet breakfast

Location is in the centre,very nice view from the rooftop...
    • Rex Suite

The gym is quite old and needs some remodeling. The rooms are also old fashion and I had a mold in the bathroom. The photos of the hotel looks better on booking website than reality.

Location is in the centre,very nice view from the rooftop restaurant.The breakfast has very big offer,staf is so helpful and friendly.I had very spacious room.The trip which offer the hotel is amazing.When you have a more free time,you should definitely try scooter city tour during the day and also night scooter city tour with local tasting food.

Overall very good. The band at the roof bar/restaurant was excellent, really topped off our stay.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Was disappointing with the pools. There were two pools which were nice but the seating around them was extremely limited....very few lounges and hardly any umbrellas. Lots of upright chairs instead of lounges.

The bed was very comfortable had a great sleep

Lovely hotel in a great location
    • Governor Suite Double

The prices at the rooftop bar are pretty expensive!

Great location on the Main Street so you’ll be right in the middle of everything. We stayed in a suite so it was very roomy & well serviced. Lots of choice for breakfast. All the staff we’re very nice & accommodating.

Top location with a good rooftop,
    • Executive Governor Suite

We paid for executive lounge access which includes cocktails in the evening each day. Unfortunately the range of drinks is not the best quality (vodka undrinkable) and is below the quality of the rooftop bar which is a shame. The food at cocktail hour isn’t great either. The pool areas need some TLC the furniture is old and some is broken and there are not many sun lounges at all.

The location is second to none. The roof top is great or breakfast and evening drinks. The afternoon tea included in our executive room rate was good. The attention from the guest relations staff was excellent.

Unsatisfactory. Not value for money.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The room originally provided (Premium) was weird and without any view, although large but at the west wing which could only after walking a long a dark alley. Then the manager offered me a Premium Executive room at the Executive Wing at US$30/night more. The room is ok but the service is not good at all. Not worth the money they charge.

The location is good. Middle of everything.

Normally this is the best qualified Hotel in Ho Chi Minh,...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Normally this is the best qualified Hotel in Ho Chi Minh, stayed many times. This time all went wrong at check in and check out very unpleasant situation. This was the last stay there sorry for that but I cannot accept.

Excellent place to stay in Ho Chi Minh
    • Executive Premium Room

The breakfast was okay. Could have been a lot better.

Great value for money. Spacious room with a great bathroom. Well furnished with wooden flooring. Excellent location. Starbucks is outside the hotel. Main eateries, coffee shops and malls are within a few minutes walk. Great rooftop gym and pool.

Great hotel in a great location
    • Executive Premium Room

Great location, booked executive room with access to executive lounge would recommend this option. Breakfast plenty of choice, all staff very helpful , room overlooked main square and did not experience any noise. Historic hotel with lots of charm.

Over-rated. Good location, Terrible staff.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff, particularly the receptionist, is rude. I asked if they can help me on a query and one girl blatantly responded “No, I cannot help you!” This should not be happening in a service-oriented industry, much more a 5-star hotel.

Location. But you’re better off staying in other hotels near the area for better service and facilities.

Allover a pleasant stay, but not as good as our stay in June 2017.
    • Executive Premium Room

The beds in our room need new matresses, they sack in the middle. in need for some refurbisment, especially the pool area.

Executive Lounge facilities were great, especially the cosy garden terrace!

Perfect location in HCMC
    • Rex Suite

Excellent location. Wonderful breakfast. Good gym. Two pools. Good view from roof top bar. Big rooms very clean and tidy. And great shopping

There is a massive construction going on at one side of the...
    • Rex Suite

There is a massive construction going on at one side of the property - they obviously like to do work during the night as its a lot cooler - but meant a sleepless night for one night as a crane was operating outside of the room. To be fair reception did offer to relocate us but we couldnt be bothered to move for one more evening and self medicated with drinks. I think you pay a premium for the pool so if you are not going to use this facility then there are better more affordable options

Vreat hotel
    • Executive Premium Room

If there is any way to ger rid of cigarette smell in the room that would e great

Location is great, staff excellent and we love the breakfast and roof top bar.

The Rex Hotel always a good choice.

I have stayed at several hotels in this city and the Rex is the best in my opinion. It has everything you could need and more. Just a very short walk to all the cities main attractions and still the best breakfast in town. Their airport car service is top rate.

Not entirely living up to its 5 stars!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Quite indifferent staff at the reception. Hasty check-in procedure (minor detail: No welcome drink as promised upon booking). At some point I read in the information folder that check-out should be confirmed 24h in advance. Even though that sounded strange, I notified one of the staff at the reception the day before our check-out and, more or less, he was looking at me as if I was the most stupid person in the universe. When I explained that this is mentioned as standard procedure in the hotel's folder, he told me that they probably mean is in case you need to change your check-out date (that's absolutely not what is written!!). Right beside the lobby, there is a large café/dining area where smoking was actually allowed indoors. Not at all pleasant having to walk by this area on your way to the elevator at the west wing of the hotel. One of us had his own special sleeping pillow with him and when we came back to our room on the second day of our stay, all other pillows were gone. We called house keeping and asked them politely if it was possible to have them back. Someone from the staff came immediately to our room, just to show us that the pillows were (obviously?!?!) stored inside a cupboard right under the TV. Using the elevators as a hotel guest, one needs to have the key card always in hand. That can from time to time be quite impractical!

Excellent location in close proximity to the Cathedral, the Post Office, the Opera House as well as a number of great restaurants and shopping centres. Spacious and clean room. Good breakfast buffet. Polite and friendly staff at the restaurant.

Very disappointed
    • Rex Suite

Rooms are old , musty, bathroom needs to be renovated Over priced for the age and quality of the room Noisey bye to building works next door

Would be hard to find better for a 5 star at this price.
    • Rex Suite

Buffet breakfast good, but restaurant food not so good. Suite excellent, but was supposed to have balcony and city views, but it did not. Room service at times good, but at other times disorganised.

Assistance with luggage transfer to Caravelle Hotel very much appreciated and exceptional customer service. Lovely big bath with plenty of hot water.

Enjoyed are stay staff were friendly.
    • Executive Premium Room

As we were on the executive floor we had access to the lounge, the hors doeuves were the same most nights, so maybe a change every other night would be good, the pool areas are small with only 7 beds at the pool we used. So get there early.

We stayed on the executive floor, the room was nice but as it over looked Times Square it was a little noisy on a morning if you wanted a lie in. The bed was very comfy. The free tickets to see the puppet show were a nice extra at no extra cost. Breakfast was very good.

The professionalism was world class.

It was all great

The professionalism was world class. The tour desk attendant made some recommendations for our day tour and it exceeded our expectations!!

Over-priced and over-rated. Location, history and good staff is not sufficient to neglect the rest
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

No reclining chairs near the pool (except 4 in the hot sun)!! Furniture in rooms is very basic and matches a 3 star hotel. Especially the sitting chair... The electricity system is well outdated The lifts there are ridiculously old and slow. No lift can go to the car park, need to go down with narrow steps

The place and the feel of old style building. Breakfast is also good Staff is excellent

Grand hotel
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

The swimming pool is a bit dated and shabby for a 5 stars hotel. Rooftop bar is great but food is overpriced and below average (like the tipical frozen food you would get for the 24h room service)

Grand hotel. Central location. Live music on the rooftop bar

Fortunately only 2 nights
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

small room facing a closed back yard. No hot water in the shower. Complained and they told us they would look into it, but nothing happened. Being a plumber, I knew what was wrong, but they told that probably we should just wait a couple of minutes for the how water to come. This was not the case. The thermostat in the fixture was stuck, but apparently they did not believe anything was wrong.

Good breakfast

Great location, could not be better. Rooms are excellently equipped, spotless, quite.
    • Executive Premium Room

The pool area was a real let down. The sun beds are ancient and rickety wooden ones, some bordering on dangerous. Plenty more room on the upper level for extra beds. Only about 15 for a Hotel this size. No where near enough. And the pool towels are a shabby disgrace for a 5* establishment. Poolside for and drinks were extortionate compared to other similar places we stayed on our trip.

Fabulous comfy bed. Probably the best I have ever slept in. Excellent choice of food for breakfast. Although they need to sharpen up their act when allocating tables. You’d go to select food and come back to find someone else had also been allocated the same table. This happened 2 of our 4 mornings. We used the Executive lounge each day for cocktails. Lovely touch.

Location and the terrace are the only reasons to go. There are better 5 star hotels in HCMC
    • Rex Suite

Internet was hopeless. unfriendly reception staff. We were supposedly upgraded then had to stand in our room While a staff member said we weren’t entitled to a basket of fruit (value $1-2) and removed it. That was very petty and put us off the whole experience.

Pleasant room. Great location. Great views fromThe 5th floor terrace. Good swimming pool and substantial breakfast.

Browse Rex Hotel traveller photo gallery