Reviews of Pan Pacific Hanoi 5 stars

1 Thanh Nien Road, Ba Dinh, 10000 Hanoi, Vietnam

#230 of 555 hotels in Hanoi

• Deluxe Double Room

This is an older five star facility that had its best days in the past. The first room I got was smelly with non functional ac. Second room much better but the impression of the hotel was already spoiled. Definitely not worth the price in Hanoi with so much better choice.

Roof top bar is nice.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Staff were extremely helpful and friendly from the moment I walked into the hotel to when I left. Rooms were immaculate and beds really comfy! I honestly can’t fault the place

• Premier Lake View Room

all the crews are super nice. they upgraded my room to the member floor. And the GHA membership contains most of those luxury hotel brands. I will book hotels with this membership in the future.

• Deluxe Twin Room

breakfast could be better and have more choices. Room service menu quite expensive!!

overall installations good and proper maintained. Rooms spacious with full comodities

• Studio Suite

I would just say that the spa need some renovation, a bit noisy and looking old (changing-room and sauna/steam)

Very nice hotel, great location with stunning view, great staff very polite and always looking to help you out. The Pacific lounge is the lil plus that makes the difference, quiet breakfast, personalized service, and the pleasure to meet the General Manager in person that comes to see of you're having a good time in the property.

• Deluxe Double Room

Unfortunately works outside a bit disturbing but staff helped us to sort out and moved bedroom

Super bedroom, amazing massage and swimming pool, nice lounge

• Pacific Club Room

The hotel was under renovation which neither the hotel or booking.com informed us about. Checked into room that had construction noises above the floor. What a first impression. Looking out the window, there was cables seen being lowered. Noise of equipment being dragged on the floor. The staff apologized and will check on it. No one responded. Went to the club to mention about the noise and was informed that it will be until 6pm. Went back to the room, saw a letter from the GM stating the construction was from 9am to 6pm from Monday to Friday. Decided to go to the gym instead of being bothered by the construction noise. Went to the gym and there was also construction noise. Workers seen removing construction material across from the spa to the service elevator. After gym, went back to the room at approximately 6:40pm only to still find construction noises. They didn’t seem to stop. Went to the club to make a complaint and all I got was a apology. They weren’t stopping the work. The next day planned to be out the whole day so as not to be bothered by the noise. Could not cancel the room as this was already pre-paid. The next day Saturday there was no construction work as mentioned on the GM letter........ guess what..... drilling above and moving of equipment. Went again to complain about this. In the hallway, construction crew were seen moving boxes of tiles meant for the construction work. Staff offered a room move but could not guarantee no construction noise.

The view was nice. Access to the club floor was good with good selection of breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

Unfortunately, the hotel was doing some renovation and was very noisy. Otherwise the room and facilities are nice

Friendly staff who is able to speak gd english

• Premier Lake View Room

There was construction going on during my stay which was a bit distracting. The monetary value was also something I'd probably consider if I were to stay here again.

The beds were extremely comfortable and facilities and service were notably good. Guests have free access to the some of the spa and the indoor pool which was nice. Everything was very clean and newly renovated and the pictures on the hotel's website are pretty accurate to use as reference.

• Premier Lake View Room

We left for dinner and came back to the bed being made whilst we were gone. Think the room was made too often which didn’t need to be. But that’s just being picky.

Absolutely everything. Staff were extremely helpful and went above and beyond to accomodate us. Recommend getting breakfast in bed!

• Premier Lake View Room

Gym and SPA is very small,also sauna area and everything was quite old.

Very friendly staf,lobby and entrance looks very modern and glamorous.Breakfast perfect and very variability.Trips which offfer the hotel are good organized especially when you pay for private way tour.Massage hardly recommend.Kitchen is very good.Location perfect.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The spa and pool area is dated. Also staff there was talking loud everytime I entered. They made a mistake with my massage appointment time and I had to come back. The masseuse sneezed on me and didn't cover her nose...I felt it sprinkle on my back :(

Room view

• Deluxe Twin Room

Food at the cafe is not at a 5 stars level even if breakfast buffet was OK.

Brand new hotel so the atmopshere and facilities (including fitness) are very modern. Spacious and functional rooms. The stunning view from the restaurant (and from some rooms) : from the Yangon river on the left to the Shwedagon pagoda on the right,. Location just at the beginning of Bogyoke street is perfect both for business and leisure stay.

• Deluxe Double Room

View fom the back of the hotel isn't amazing, make sure you get a view of the lake!

Fantastic breakfast. Good concierge service, helpful front-of-house staff. Spa is fantastic value for money and good massages. Clean. Comfortable. Good Wifi. Great roof-top bar.

• Premier Lake View Room

Not too much in the neighbourhood, few shops and cafes, but Taxi's are very cheap and there are many Taxi's so very easy to get into the Old Quarter. Hotel staff will tell the driver in Vietnamese where you are going to. Would be nice to have some more juice options at breakfast.

Great room, strong and fast WIFI, great rooftop bar, nice pool. Great views of the lake. Bit more peaceful away from the chaos that is central Hanoi. Very helpful staff, good concierge, nice buffet breakfast - good coffee. Walking distance to the Tran Quoc Pagoda. Clean, nice shower. Large bed, world-plugs so no need to bring an adaptor.

• Deluxe Double Room

The switch for my bathroom light is hard to push. I had to harshly click it for the lights to open or close. Other than that, the view is great, and my stay has been splendid!

Everything is just amazing, but I really loved the all-season pool! Since Hanoi can get really cold or rainy, it's nice to know that you can still enjoy swimming (With a view) at their really nicely prepared covered pool. Also, the staff is really great and accommodating. They allowed me to keep my bag at the hotel storage even when I was already checked out - because my flight was at 12 midnight!

• Deluxe Double Room

A five star hotel that is just outside the main areas of Hanoi. Very clean, comfortable and great staff. Highly recommended if you want to get away from the centre of Hanoi. Make sure you use taxis that are booked by the Hotel staff. Like a lot of countries, the drivers can be hard to deal with, to say the least/

• Pacific Club Room

Because it was a national holiday and the hotel was quiet, breakfast was not served in the club lounge

The rooms were NICE and the staff were amazing. James, Ha, Duoy, Hang, Ming and Nisa were very helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

It's a little out of the way from old quarters if one wants to eat or explore the area

Very friendly and helpful staff, facilities were clean, large pool and gym area. Nice view over the lake. Rooms were spacious with comfy beds.

• Premier Lake View Room

Far from all the attractions of Old Quarter. Very busy around the hotel with traffic and ongoing construction work. Not many decent restaurants or shops around the hotel. Hotel itself has only basic facilities, not much to do with children.

Room with great views across the lake and the city. Nice, covered, heated swimming pool. Buffet breakfast was impressive.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Hair dryer is weird.. Hard to use it. No comb ammenity. No sign for not to disturb. The maid ring the bell or knock for cleaning.

Super clean. The lake view is awesome. Food was delicious. Strongly recommand to visit looftop bar.

• Deluxe Double Room

They could have bumped us to Club Lounge for essentially the same price, but offered it to us instead for the cost difference. No biggie, but would have been a nice gesture from the hotel.

We were quite impressed with the spacious rooms as well as the fitness, spa, and pool area. The breakfast was amazing. The staff was excellent and arranged airport transfer for us at a reasonable cost. The check in was clean and easy and check out was courteous and friendly. In addition, we had a very nice meal on the summit view terrace. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

facility is very old, slow-draining bathtub, toilet didn't flush (but the staff fixed it)

amazing view of the West Lake, interesting room layout, very friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

You get the feeling that the staff is always trying to sell you up on upgrades, expensive lunch buffet, or chocolate from the cafe in the lobby.

Facilities and staff are top notch.

• Deluxe Double Room

The Executive lounge was open for evening cocktails 2 hours, only til 7:30 pm...a bit short. They were quite greedy on the fruit cheese and biscuits for some reason. Came out with 6-8 small round biscuits at a time. Cheese ran out in a second. Why? Also ...we were promised daily newspaper to the room.. did not happen. Not the welcome drink either.

Staff very friendly. Beds comfortable. You didn’t miss anything in the room or in the hotel. Can’t think of anything.

• Deluxe Double Room

Not much to see near the hotel. Need to get a taxi to see tourist attractions and old quarter.

Lovely rooms and staff. Pool was great. Definitely 5 star.

• Premier Lake View Room

Their Sale department is unprofessional for 4 or 5 star hotel. They should learn how to work with their customers by phone. You guys should be friendly from the smallest things!

Facilities are perfect! Great view to West Lake!

I would love your Chinese Restaurant to have more Dim Sun option

the staffs are very friendly. And they have a good command of english, its easy to communicate

• Deluxe Double Room

i was'nt charged for my breakfast until i got back to to australia.i don't have more to say except that the staff should have been more diligent.

• Deluxe Double Room

I think the room rate could be lowered to make it even more attractive to stay there. Site of hotel not so central to places of interest. Unlike hotels in Hoa Kiem Lake area.

Courteous, friendly staff and a view of the West Lake

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff members were incredibly nice as well as professional. Pan Pacific has made our stay so wonderful. All facilities were great, clean and Justin point. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

When we arrived for check-in at 2pm, our room wasn't ready. We declined the offer of an upgrade to the Club room (almost twice price) and when we got into our room at 2:30 in was very dated and looked tattered for a 5* hotel. The area has not got too many English speaking eating options but if you are staying in the hotel, this may not both you.

When we shared our displeasure at our first room, the manager moved us to a new section of the hotel to a more modern, cleaner room. The pool was very nice and they let us use their leisure facilities after check-out for 1 hour. The staff were very helpful any time we dealt with them.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Premier Lake View Room

Booked the premium lake view room. Nice room and everything, but can see the guest in the other room from the side of the main window. But easily solved by closing the curtain a little.

Nice place and excellent service. Staff took an extra effort to satisfy our odd request like serving us in room dinning order at the swimming pool area at night. Feel very special and fun :)

• Deluxe Double Room

I couldn't use hot water in the shower booth. Requested staff to check in the morning. They confirmed me that they will send engineer to fix, but in the evening when I returned to the room, still no hot water was available. Overall, facility in the room was very bad(hot water not available, toilet flush so weak, bath tub flush weak etc.).

Staffs were kind and proactive.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Premier Lake View Room

Food and drinks Too expensive, many Chinese visitors stay at this hotel and they are heavily smoker , couldn't sleep at all from the smell of the tabacoo ! Tobacco smell was coming through the door gaps and Ventilator, . Bed had double mattresses the one on the top was slippery and moving around easily .

I like the lake close by the hotel

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Staff understandings skill should be improve,communication skill it's not up to standard,simple English is the most basic international language for communication

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel restaurant The Ming was very expensive, my pork dish was 70% fat, and my partner had a tiny portion of chicken. All the food and drink in the establishment were too expensive , ie local beer was $3.5, when it is available everywhere else for 35 cents!! After we checked out my pockets were a considerably lighter than they were when we came. The hotel breakfast was very good, again very very high prices. My room was on floor 16 and the carpets weren't clean and smelt musty. The club lounge that we paid extra for was not what I expected for the $60 we paid

Good view, and the beds were very comfortable. The room was a good size, and the some of the staff were very helpful. A strange thing was, I asked the restaurant if I could take a pair of the plastic chopsticks as a souvenir, the waiter agreed, but on leaving I was stopped by a lady and asked to return them. I explained about the waiter, but she took the chopsticks and told me I must ask services. They weren't that important to me, but I wanted to see the thing out to the end. I rang up services from my room and explained the situation. I was told that she had to ask the manager first, and she would get back to me. My chopsticks were waiting for me when we checked out 15 minutes later. !

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Powdered milk on tea tray, 1 sachet of coffee only, TV audio on in bathroom constantly, heating not working. All show but little attention for detail, poor at this price.

Good location and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Studio Suite

The fact that it's a bit outdated - the rooms, bathrooms, phone, light switches, door bell It can reall be beautiful and modern if they spent some money to renovate the rooms and suites

Loved the service. Impeccable. Loved the view as well. Bed is super soft and comfy

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Premier Lake View Room

Several card readers would not work in the lobby which lead to embarrassment and being escorted to the cash machine outside to pay for lobby drinks

Beautiful view from the rooftop bar

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Deluxe Twin Room

service was very impersonal, but this is how i found most of vietnam to be as a country. the toilet leaked over night in my room, they did change my room, but didnt seem sorry or inclined to make any gesture to show their concern for this. i chose this hotel to stay after 3weeks backpacking and wanted somewhere nice to stay to close the holiday off with, and i got better service in 3* hotels

very plush hotel, comfy beds, nice pool, good breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

Couldn't believe how much the front office staffs were rude, especially she called herself a manager. They messed up with my room payment during my first stay, for my second stay, they messed up my New Years day! Definitely not going back, they seriously need to train their staffs, as with Sofitel before, never had this kind of trouble or poor staff performance. My last year new year was Pan Pacific Singapore, which was extremely satisfied, couldn't believe it was the same Pan Pacific! Worst experience at 5-star hotel!

Rooms are not yet renovated, but alright.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff didnt inform me that she was charging the room fee on my credit card upon my check-in, while i was standing in front of her.. she only mentioned abt blocking deposit on the card, while I had plan to pay for my stay by cash.. It would have been nice if she have given me a notice instead of charging me without saying anything so I could have paid cash right away... Normally other hotels would ask me how i would like to settle the bill before they charge me, so i felt a bit confused.

Overall, it was ok. Room service was quick, staffs were nice.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Luxury King Room with Lake View

Both renovation and furnitures are old. Not up to a 5stars standard. First night with no glasses in the bathroom. Second night glasses came back, but missing two towels.

Staffs are very helpful

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Deluxe Twin Room

Requested a double bed but got two singles. Would have passed this as a one off until I found out that almost all of my colleagues had the same issue. Only 'solution' offered was to pay $60 US extra per night for a club room. Very poor service since the change from Sofitel.

The new restaurant is good

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel is old. In need of refurbishment. Carpet along the corridors of guestrooms and inside the guestrooms smell bad. Bed mattress was bad quality.

Breakfast buffet was good. Pool and fitness staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Luxury King Room

Nothing, I can think of, we only stayed overnight.

I hadn't planned on staying here, but the hotel I originally booked did not live up to my standards so we checked out. The staff was nice, the rooftop bar had tasty snacks and drinks with a great view over the lake. It was nice to be upgraded since the hotel was undergoing some renovations. We loved the orange soaps in the bathroom, lol.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Luxury King Room

Big difference between the price you see on booking.com and the actual price

The location of the hotel is very good because it's not far from the airport and not far from the old city

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Luxury King Room

Old and not really to the standard of other Sofitel hotels we have stayed in before. It needs some serious renovation.

The room was good and they had real pain au chocolat and croissant.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Luxury King Room

Swimming pool closed for maintenance, room laid out for only one person, mini bar checked in the morning and towels and sheets offered to be changed in the morning whilst still in bed?!

Comfortable room

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Luxury King Room

There is currently rebranding and reconstruction within the hotel ( at the lobby), no noise in the rooms, but usual breakfast location is shifted. The service at breakfast and breakfast itself must be improved. I benchmark against the same hotel 4 years ago, where I stayed several times and always considered their breakfast as one of the best in the world.

The view from the room, the comfort of the bed, amiability of the staff

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Luxury Twin Room

Staff were fantastic, caring and efficient. Pool was great. Food eps seafood buffet was excellent. Sky bar was wonderful. All up great experience.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Luxury Room Club Sofitel

Is a bit pricey and west lake isn't a great location if you want to sight see in old town.

Great views from our room and roof top bar. Great pool. Lovely good sized room. Staff are great, had breakfast in the club lounge which was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Luxury King Room

Not the most convenient location. Beautiful views of the river, but all tourist activities are on the other side of the river which makes it slightly inconvenient for sight seeing. The hotel property is gorgeous but just outside it isn't anything special.

Beautiful hotel and very affordable for the stay.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Luxury King Room

I rarely review badly...but here I have to. Early morning arrival and no response via email about early entry into the room. English was very bad at reception( I know I am in Vietnam, but I understood better at a low cost hostel). Toilet was blocked and no instructions on what was around and what to see...we asked.There is no atmosphere here...just sterile in a vibrant city. Check out took a long time and to advise on what we did not like would have taken too long. Sorry, I was not impressed at all

I liked the view

• Reviewed: 23 June 2016

• Luxury King Room

The bed was not the most comfortableand the pillowsate very soft and well worn for down pillows... The roof top bar is nice but service was slow and the best view is from the balcony not great for when it rains... Old style bath and shower which was a little difficult to get out of if you have little legs.

The location is lovely, right above the lake we asked for a lake view as the view from the other side was not worth seeing. The sky bar is nice thoughagain the best view is from the balcony... The hotel is a little dated but clean and tidy with a reasonable gym and pool.

• Reviewed: 20 June 2016

• Luxury King Room

Perhaps it was the side of the hotel my room was, but the noisy traffic was an issue. Details in the bathrooms need extra love. Finishing touches for the overall look would really Make the place shine. The artificial odor of the lobby got to be a bit too much.

The staff is extremely friendly, helpful a a courteous. Free breakfast buffet was the best I have had.

Top Service Upgrade Spa mit Pool

• Deluxe Twin Room

The rooms could be bigger

Modernhotel with comfortable facilities . Friendly and efficient staff.

• Premier Lake View Room

iron in the room was missing.

very nice breakfast buffet . clean rooms - good location and a great view- lake viewrooms are worth it.

Slow wifi

Extra comfy bed and great view of the lake

• Deluxe Twin Room

Smell of glue in hallway

The lounge snacks and drinks and breakfast for $30

Staff were excellent

• Deluxe Twin Room

The staff were a little poor with english language

Clean friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Location and clean. Quiet room.

• Deluxe Double Room

The food spread could have been more international along with brilliant local choices

It is a very good property with great staff

• Pacific Club Room

Worth the extra cost for Club facilities with extremely attentive and helpful staff. Instant recognition throughout the hotel

• Deluxe Twin Room

All is ok except the facility in the bathtub was damaged before I used it.

Old and TV is poor

Comfy Bed, Nice view

Sauna&spa

• One-Bedroom Premier Serviced Suite

There isn't anything not to like

Everything from check in to check out

• Deluxe Double Room

Nice rooms, good breakfast.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The rooms, the food and the staff were tremendous

• Deluxe Double Room

There no save for gust some person takes money and call hotal no replies or help from reception

Browse Pan Pacific Hanoi traveller photo gallery