Reviews of 47th on Howard 4 stars

47 Howard Street, Hunter's Home, 6571 Knysna, South Africa

#2 of 28 hotels in Knysna

• King Room with Garden View

There is nothing that I didn't like.

The property was very modern and very clean. It was quite a big building and our room was very spacious. It is a bit out of the main town but OK if you have your own transport. The breakfast room was very nice. The breakfast was very good. The manager and staff were very friendly and helpful.

• King Room with Garden View

Little drive from the center

Quiet and comfy. We had a huge room, with a balcony. Perfect to stay in Knysna is you don't wanna be in the middle of the hassle.

• King Room with Garden View

There was nothing that we didn't like

The staff and owner went way and beyond to assist us .We have never received such assistance from any B&B worldwide that matched it.

• King Room with Garden View

Tea and coffee facilities in the sitting room or even a bar service.

The facilities were clean neat and comfortable. Spacious sitting space in the lobby which was enjoyed with friends. Breakfast was great with good coffee.

• King Room with Garden View

There were some spiders in the shower area and in the bathroom. For someone like me who is scared of spiders it's a pity but I think in such areas these kinds of things are inevitable

Lots of TV channels and a nice view.

Nothing not to like

It was a great modern room an facilities with the age old friendly small town hospitality! Chrissie is an excellent host! Breakfast was perfect every time. Will visit again! Much more than we were expecting.

• King Room with Garden View

The whole place is a bit clinical, very clean everywhere, bedrooms excellent also breakfasts, reception plus breakfast area needs some attention to give it a more homily feeling. One word of warning use the safe provided, we had an unpleasant experience.o

Nothing material to note

+Good value for money +Friendly hostess +Decent breakfast +The rooms are great, large bed with clean and quality sheets and modern bathrooms

• King Room with Garden View

Bad location, far from everything. We got to the hotel and no one was there, if it wasn't for a guest (the only guest that was there) we would have stayed outside the hotel. We had to wait 20 minutes until the receptionist arrived there and we could get into our room. She didn't even show us the facilities of the place.

The place inside is beautiful. Our room was very nice, big and very clean. Breakfast was ok. I wouldn't recommend this place.

• King Room with Garden View

We liked everything about the accomodations, but it's important to notice that it is far from Knysna city centre - so it's good to have a rent car. I don't know if there is Uber available.

We arrived late, and we were very well received. The room was big and confortable, with a superb bed. Simple breakfast, yet delicious.

• King Room with Garden View

Bit far from all the places (but it makes it very quiet) and check in required before 18.00 (but at the end they were able to accommodate our late arrival).

Overall stay met our expectations, although it was very short. Really nice chat with staff, who was very helpful. Decent breakfast.

Absolutely nothing.

It was a beautiful B&B. We had a large room overlooking a stunning pool. Extremely spacious, it had everything one could ever want. Many sitting areas and we were able to use the kitchen for meals.

• King Room with Garden View

Beautiful and spacious house.Very comfortable. Our room was clean and comfy. The airconditioner is amazing in the Feb heat. Staff was very friendly and the breakfast was lovely.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The room was noisy. Both from the hallway as from the upstair rooms. Especially when the upstair neighbors used water (shower, toilet, etc). Breakfast was average. We decided to stay only one night instead of the booked and paid three...

Size of the room.

• King Room with Garden View

The host was not accommodating on breakfast - Non pork or vegetarian options not available even though advised on check in.

Room was good size, comfortable & clean.

• King Room with Garden View

If there could be a locked parking.

Splendid accommodation and the bed was so comfortable. And Chrissie,oh what a lovely and friendly lady.The place was really home away from home. Love it!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Nothing ..didn't like leaving

Everything was 5 star Chrissie the manager was fantastic ...so hospitable friendly and awesome Extra bits made it the best B&B I've ever stayed at ...Superb

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Nothing, we really enjoyed our stay.

The host is amazing - she does everything to make you feel at home! The property is really beautiful and the rooms spacious. Sad to leave after 2 nights!

Everything was perfect.

Beautiful and modern property within a short distance from Knysna. We’ve got a very big, comfortable room with a fancy bathroom. The breafast was good and we were able to decide how and if we wanted the eggs, bacon and sausages. Additionally, there was fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals and jam. We’d definitely stay there again, it was a great value for money.

• King Room with Garden View

Roads to accommodation were pretty rough - potholes, etc. The drive to restaurants at night wasn’t my favorite and the rain didn’t help. Almost ran off the side in the way back one night.

• King Room with Garden View

Very friendly welcome on arrival with tips where to go for dinner and what to see the next day. Rooms are very nice, with a good bed and everything you need. Would definitely come again!

• King Room with Garden View

I loved everything about the place. The house manager is so friendly and helpful. We were not short of anything and definitely will go back there.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Thank you Chrissie and staff for really making me feel welcome. Your hospitality and friendliness was much appreciated. When I travel again to Knysna, this is where I will be staying

Everything about the accommodation

Excellent service from the staff and the ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ accommodation. I will would definitely go back. The hole group enjoyed the place

• King Room with Garden View

It is not a nice neighborhood. If you want to the centre and shopping, you have to drive with your car 10-15 minutes.

The room is super clean! the bathroom is in the bedroom. There is a rainshower and a wide bath. The toilet is a separate cabinet in the room. There is a nice pub/Restaurant nearby: Bosuns where the meat is very good.

• King Room with Garden View

Had the sun been shining on the day of our arrival it might have improved my impression, however no one is in control of that.

The property was just on the outskirts of the town which was convenient for getting out and about. The rooms were modern, large and very comfortable. Having a delicious cooked breakfast in the morning was the piece de resistance for us as we had been self catering for breakfast on our trip up to this point.

• King Room with Garden View

After staying in a rather homely place the night before, with quite a saggy bed and my hayfever going wild, I was desperate for a clean, non-allergenic room and a supportive bed for my aching back! This place totally hit the mark, with spotless rooms, a super-comfortable bed, fantastic shower, and breakfast just the way I like it - bacon and eggs. Spot-on for business or leisure travel. You won't be disappointed and the price is brilliant too.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

You Need a car to get there and to Drive to Restaurants. Out of the City.

Really Huge room in Loft Style. Nice breakfast. There is no real bathroom, just a Toilet. E.g. Shower is in the big room with no separate door. So just for couples, not for friends.

• King Room with Garden View

The breakfast really needs to be more varied, catering for all palates and non-meat/vegetarians, etc. There is a substitute for bacon for example, called Macon which can be purchase from Pick n Pay/Checkers. Woolworths stocks chicken rashers. Mushrooms could be added to the menu.

The place was immaculate, beds comfortable. Rooms great size & loved the TV screen-clear viewing.

• King Room with Garden View

Crissy was such a wonderful host, she was so welcoming and made your feel like you were staying in your own home. The rooms were immaculate and were cleaned every day. The location of the property was ideally located a few mins drive away from the city centre. The lodge served a lovely breakfast (eggs on toast) etc. I would definitely recommend staying at 47th on howard, it feels like heaven. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked another night. Thanks Crissy!

• King Room with Garden View

There was a smell of smoke that I could not figure out where it can from. Apart from that, I will definitely revisit 47th on Howard.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The place had homely feel, the rooms are spacious and clean. The house was also easily accessible.

• King Room with Garden View

Mrs. Crissy was very welcoming and helpful. She gave us a lot of information to continue our trip. She told us about the history of South Africa. The room was perfect, confortable and well heated. Marie-Josee et Andreanne

• King Room with Garden View

There was nothing to dislike.

Bed very comfortable. Room clean and spacious. Had all the comforts of home. Tea and coffee provided which was welcome in the evenings.

• King Room with Garden View

A bit remote from shops and restaurants, but wonderfully quiet and peaceful instead. Best place to rest.

Loved the room - its spacious, comfy and got a large terrace with a nice view. The staff was very friendly (thanks, Crissy!). Too bad I only stayed overnight, would love to come back!

• Premium Double or Twin Room

There is nothing I did not like. I found such piece in my heart and did not want to leave at all.

Everything, better than the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

• King Room with Garden View

Without Crissie and the wonderful staff it would definitely not have been the same! Thank you for the wonderful warm welcome and everything you did, you went out of your way to accommodate my every need. The breakfast was excellent!!! The venue and rooms are beautiful!!! It felt like home! Best stay ever!!! Thank you so much

• King Room with Garden View

The lady by the name of Chrissie she is so friendly and caring ,she made me feel as if I'm at my own house and she my mother I only realize when I was leaving I'm a guest there,I will never go to other place in Dec when I'm going to kynsna

• Premium Double or Twin Room

I can't say I didn't like anything. But if there's anything I would recommend for imporovement, would be a later checkout time. However I do understand that it was little busy and this request could not be accommodated.

It was clean and had everything I needed and all facilities were nearby

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Lodge needed a bit of maintenance but not a lot. Lodge manager should also give guests a bit of space and limit small talk with guests.

lodge is situated in a quiet area, but a bit out of the way.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• King Room with Garden View

Room was cozy, bed really comfortable and breakfast was great. Chrissie ( manager ) was really friendly and is well read on what to do in Knysna, especially where to eat

• King Room with Garden View

the place is new and feels very secure. beautiful and equipped room. it was very big and cozy. the host was lively and gave good tips. she made us feel at home :) good breakfast

• King Room with Garden View

Rooms a touch chilly (Winter!) and lighting poor.

Fantastic, friendly service is a well-appointed and superbly-positioned location. Big thanks to Tannie Chrissie for her gracious hosting.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• King Room with Garden View

Unfortunately some house alarms were going off in town late in the evening for a long time. Dogs barking woke us up at 6am but this was not on the property. Just unfortunate as it was a quiet place other than that.

It was a lovely place, the room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, breakfast was nice,

• King Room with Garden View

The service is just excellent. Staff is so kind and loving. You can see the love and passion on their faces as they serve and cater for your needs. I will not hesitate to book 47 on howard again for my next trip to Knysna true value for money.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

+The photos does not do the property justice, it is way better in person. The rooms are bigger than expected, and all finishes are new, clean and well maintained. +Excellent value and overall price, which INCLUDED breakfast. +Best hostess I've dealt with (Chrissie) - I'd welcome her to my home if she ever visited JHB. +Location is decent, a few minutes drive to the Heads, lagoon or Leisure Island.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The location is great, very peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle of the main city centre. Chrissy met us at the door and we immediately felt welcomed and most comfortable even before entering the Lodge. The lodge itself felt like home-away-from-home with a few cosy lounging areas where you can sit back and relax - the whole setting is very modern. Our room was quite spacious and provided a great sense of privacy. I would definitely recommend this lodge to anyone staying over in Knysna.

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing I didn't like about the place, I am coming back soon.I had

The property was more than I expected. I think they need to update their website because it doesn't show the whole beauty and luxury of the property. The staff members are so kind to the people. I still miss their breakfast as it was delicious.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• King Room with Garden View

1.The toilet was to high and no place for the toilet spray not well thought through. 2. Dressing table chair was to low I could hardly see the mirror. 3. They served the same breakfast every day, a bit of a variety would have been better. 4. Only outside open parking no under cover parking available. 5. Our bags were heavy so a porter to help carry our stuff up the stairs would have been appreciated.

1.The staff were very friendly. 2. The place was clean. 3. The beds were comfortable. 4. The rooms lovely and spacious.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The location is comfortable and pleasant. But it is a long walk from 47th on Howard to anywhere significant in Knysna. You need a car. But I think this is probably true of Knysna no matter where you stay. You cannot be close to The Heads and The Waterfront simultaneously.

47th on Howard was obviously designed and built as a B&B. We stayed in Room 8, the largest open plan room/bathroom that we have ever stayed in (I estimated about 50 square meters). It is new, clean, comfortable and the air conditioner is silent and efficient. The bed is big and comfortable and the bathroom works well. The WiFi is the best that we experienced during the week and the breakfast was good. The price is very inexpensive for what you get.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

A bit far away from town so a car is a must

Very very spacious rooms and a tasty breakfast. Everything looks new hereand the surrounding is peacefull for a relaxing break

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• King Room with Garden View

Very neat and clean B&B. Special dietary requirements were taken into account during our short stay. The hostess was extremely friendly with superb staff.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• King Room with Garden View

We had a lovely, relaxing stay - huge clean bedroom with everything you might need. Very comfortable bed with lovely view and own balcony. Cooked breakfast made to order was very yummy and public areas very modern and light. Also got a lovely surprise of champagne and chocolates in our room for our anniversary!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Room with Garden View

The proposed breakfast doesn't have much variety for people who prefer a continental breakfast, as there is more choices of egg dishes with bacon & sausages. As we are more a continental breakfast eater, we have missed a simple "plain joghurt" as only fruit flavours were offered. However, to be fair upon on your arrival you are being asked if you have any special wishes for your breakfast, and this can be arranged accordingly. (of which we didn't make use).

The accommodation was absolutely fabulous and pretty newly renovated. Located in a very quiet area and only 5min drive to the Waterfront of Knysna, where shops and restaurants are located. (you though need a car to get there). The room (nr 5) was very spacious, clean and contained everything you need. We also had a very nice big terrace overlooking the pool. The common room (next to dining room and pool) is very comfortable and cozy if you don't feel like being in your room. The manager Chrissie was fantastic and super friendly. She really made ourselves to feel at home. We absolutely loved our stay here, and would highly recommend it to anyone who comes to Knysna.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Quiet location with very spacious rooms, everything is nicely furnished. The staff is very friendly giving recommendations about what to do in Knysna. We can definetely recommend 47th on Howard!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• King Room with Garden View

It pains me to share this amazing place, it's an exquisite gem you just don't want to share. We arrived to be met by the fantastic Chrissie who couldn't have been nicer, efficient and more accommodating. We were in our rooms in minutes. Great location, great rooms, great breakfast, great pool and quiet. In all a lot of greats. I pray there's still space next time. An absolute treat.

Everything was perfect.

We had a lovely 1 night stay at this guest house would have loved to stay longer.Chrissie the manager was extremely accommodating and professional. It is 5* treatment.will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• King Room with Garden View

Every was so perfect and clean. I have stayed in many Hotels and 47th on Howard and a definite Hotel feel. The bed, bedding, showers, air on, DSTV, balcony, wifi, views and breakfast was all perfect. 10/10. I would recommend this to everyone visiting Knysna. It is so central as well. GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY!!!

• King Room with Garden View

The room was beyond 5 star rating , from the bed to the bathroom to the view. No issues with anything or anyone. Our stay on 47th on Howard was amazing.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• King Room with Garden View

Overall this property was excellent. tremendously good value for money. Everything was very fresh and new. A little gem on the garden route. Tks chrissie

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The lady at reception Chrissie, was very patronising. She seemed persistant that we do not take the hot breakfast. The next day we ended up ordering hot breakfast directly from the chef. She then complained to us - that we hadn't ordered hot breakfast the night before and made physical threats to kill us because we hadn't ordered hot breakfast the night before, after she was the one insisting we shouldn't. Being a biracial young paying couple, I feel like it was uneccessary and disrespectful.

The view from this place was astonishing. The bedroom was unique and nicely layed out with all the facilities needed.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• King Room with Garden View

The shower and washbasin were in an open area behind the bed, which was a bit strange.

A beautifully presented property, large spacious rooms and public areas with lots of natural light and a contemporary feel. Our room had a massive balcony overlooking the pool. A very friendly and helpful manager, Chrissie, made us very welcome. Lovely breakfasts.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

• King Room with Garden View

Chrissie and her team are doing a good job!

The host Chrissie was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was delicious. The area surrounding the property is beautiful and quite. The pool is an added bonus.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• King Room with Garden View

More variety for breakfast for a long stay

Certainly a home from home feel. The Owners; Management and staff made us feel at home. I would certainly recommend to all, ok not too many as we want to come back and we would want accomodation

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• King Room with Garden View

I got the feeling that everything was half-done. Chrissy explained that they were working on electricity issues like more power outlets and better lighting in the rooms but that they didn't have the chance as the rooms have been fully booked. Could've been more attention to detail.

Chrissy, the guesthouse manager, gave us a warm welcome and made sure that we knew were everything was. Rooms were VERY spacious and the facility looked very modern.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• King Room with Garden View

I could not make tea in the room, but I think you may use the kettle in the kitchen.

Rooms are really spacious with all basic necessities. Beautiful setting. Friendly staff. The only place I have ever been with proper salon quality hair dryer

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Air-conditioning in the rooms was a little temperamental

Friendliness of the owners and staff Adequate and freshly made breakfast Open plan living / dining / entertaining area Very comfortable and quiet rooms

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Can't think of anything.

What a comfortable guest house. All the facilities you could want and the lady managing the property was very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• King Room with Garden View

Danie and the team were fantastic. The property was 5 star; the friendliness, hospitality and service superb. We stayed 3 nights but wish it could've been much longer. Thank you for making our short stay so relaxing and special!!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• King Room with Garden View

Were do I begin! What a stunning place and what lovely staff. Chrissie is such a wonderful host and Gloria is such a sweetie. Gorgeous room, location so peaceful. Thank you Danie for making us feel so welcome and our stay heavenly. Highly recommened.... could have stayed another week. We will defnitely be back guys!

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• King Room with Garden View

Breakfast could have offered more choice

Grand room with walk in shower and corner bath - although we didn't bathe because of the current drought in SA. Chrissie was marvellous recommending great places to eat and a great beach (Plett Bay) and very friendly. Lovely, well furnished stylish place to stay - effort has paid off!

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• King Room with Garden View

Very good value for money! Everything is very clean and Chrissie and the staff are lovely. The rooms are very spacious and it feels like an upmarket hotel. I'd definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

The owner is extremely grumpy. We felt scared to ask her for anything. She was sarcastic and unapproachable. We weren't sure if she was having a bad day or if that's just her personality.

The accommodation was absolutely beautiful. Everything is new and clean. The employees are very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

Excellent large room and communal areas appeared to be brand new. Everything we needed in the room and staff very happy and helpful. The manager Chrissie was fantastic, thank you for a great five days.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Premium Double or Twin Room

The dstv bouquet could be upgraded.

My wife and I were on honeymoon and Knysna was our last stop. Tannie Chrissie and her team were amazing. She was welcoming and friendly. The couple who had the room before us forget their passports in the safe of our room and tannie Chrissie went out of her way to ensure she could reach them. She also left us a lovely bottle of bubble and a bix of chocolates as a happy honeymoon gift. My wife and i will definately be back soon. Wonderful place

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• King Room with Garden View

A few kms from center. OK if you have a car. Minor suggestion would be fresh coffee at breakfast.

Spacious room with balcony. Secure parking. QUIET area. GREAT value for money.