Reviews of Belaire Suites Hotel 4 stars

151 Snell Parade, North Beach, Marine Parade, 4056 Durban, South Africa

#13 of 54 hotels in Durban

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Was peacefully and well take care of.. Thank you
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The unfinished lift, was scared when entering it... I will be honest with you guys, because it was my first time there so i saw everything perfect, lol lets wait and see my second up coming.. Wanna my kids along.

Peacefully day and night.. The lady @the door entering breakfast (she is so lovely and the struf inside are so carring.).. We really loved the view me and my acting husband..the decoration you guys are killing it..#perfect!

I think the receptionist was not aware that the renovations happened next to our room .
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

my second time staying at this hotel , bad experience during the first 2 nights and days of the noise and the building on site . The receptionist should have told us that they are doing renovations right next to room 803 , We could,n , relax and enjoy our stay , Then our next door neigbours were a nuisance during our stay knocking on our door during their drinking spree. I would like to comeback because my first stay was awesome but my second one i wont recommend to any of my friends .

The breakfast services with friendly staff ,

Friendly and helpful staff
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

No shelter at the parking The process of getting out of the car to ask that gate be opened is risky, especially at night. When you pay for parking, a remote must be given or something..

Friendly and helpful staff Rooms clean, comfortable, and peaceful Wi-Fi good, no connection issues Good breakfast

Never disappoint
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

They need more irons we waited 5 hours to get an iron.

It’s a beautiful clean hotel. Breakfast amazing. The view is spectacular and every thing is close by.

Enjoyable Stay with lovely view
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

Very nice stay. Friendly staff, everything was very clean. Like the fact that there were enough towels, soap, body wash etc. Good quality products! Breakfast was superb and stunning view from our Room as well as restaurant area.

Sisters outing
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Calling for house keeping. Suggestion :have runners for makeup rooms during guest stay. Pity I experienced it, but if not me then who. We all have hiccups.

Comfy,relaxed,quietness,best breakfast,it's near the beach. Luv the reception staff very professional and willing to assist.

Breakfast was full of choice for different taste and the...
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Unfortunately I was bothered by street people/beggar every time I walked out of the door. The only other thing was the mold on the windows and shower mate

Breakfast was full of choice for different taste and the best coffee! The Lindt chocolate on the bed and the bath room amenities was a nice surprise

Closeness to the beach and Moses Mabhida Stadium, mini...
    • Studio Apartment 2 Bedroom

Room door sometimes not opening and needing to be fixed now and again

Closeness to the beach and Moses Mabhida Stadium, mini kitchen with microwave and fridge, free unlimited wifi, delicious breakfast and friendly staff.

My experience at Belaire Suites Hotel
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Loud people and they are busy with renovations

The rooms are big and comfortable and clean. I enjoyed my stay on the 9th floor. Beautifullllll sea view and more quiet. I was sooooo happy to see the ironing board in the cupboard (I always travel with an iron - prefer to do my own ironing). Loved the kitchenette. The staff very helpful and friendly and the food at Irjan really good. My special thanks to Rudden who went out of his way to make my stay an extremely comfortable one. I would rate this hotel much better than Blue Waters.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The rooms are very cold and the aircon only releases cold...

Coldness of the room.

The rooms are very cold and the aircon only releases cold air. It would be much better if there was warm air too. Single beds bought together to make one bed are a bit uncomfortable, a double or queen bed would've been comfortable.

• Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Badly decorated rooms. A bit dingy. Needs to be cosy and luxurious. Needs a pool and kiddies playroom. Staff apart from porter and Megan at reception were not friendly.

I would definitely visit again
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

The stay was wonderful. I enjoyed the quietness and I could work well cause I was there on business. And the staff was friendly. The hotel was safe and secure on the beach front. I'll deffinatley visit again.

It was not that bad - I guess my expectations were high. It is a 4 star graded establishment
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The place is not clean , we found sunglasses under the bed so this means the furniture is not moved when cleaning the rooms. The blinds in the bathroom were really dirty - need to do proper spring cleaning . They need to do something about the air ventilation ie install windows that can be opened.

The breakfast was really good and the staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good value for money
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

We loved everything about the hotel.

It's our 4th visit to Belaire suites and everytime we visit the experience gets better. Love the new dining area on the 11th floor.

Pleasant stay. Would definitely consider staying again. Thank you
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The female receptionists were extremely unfriendly and arrogant. The showers were cold.

Excellent staff, these were truly beautiful people. Breakfast was a treat with the amazing view.

The room was Very comfortable.
    • Studio Apartment 2 Bedroom

House Keeping was a delayed. Noise of aircon took some getting used to

The room was Very comfortable. Beds comfortable and clean. Buffet break fast was Awesome.

Great location with sea views!
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

Include hand towels in the bathrooms and the hotel parking access to the lifts needs attention.

The location is great! The hotel is clean, with crisp, fresh linen and towels. Staff are exceptionally helpful and full of smiles. Great stay

It was fair
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The house keeper was so rude ...called charity The chef that was working on 13/08/18 she has attitude on me then other races i have observed And the waiters must allways check they glases because one glass was broken on the lip and i told him he didnt even apologise he just said okay You know this ppl need to understand that uts a 4 star and not less if ppl dnt want to work they must kindly resign amd leave the once who want to work This is totally unaccountable and it doesnt go hand in hand with mission and vision of Belaire hotel

The food was good

Perfectly located steps away from the beach, with great service, food, cleanliness and views.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Breakfast until 11am Gelatine free yoghurt served at breakfast Froyo machine Peanut butter, chocolate spread, waffles, the most delicious Cappuccino served at breakfast. Amazing views from room and sky top restaurant Air freshener and mozzie spray in room were considerate additions 24 hour check in Extremely clean and tidy

Easy access to everything.But the bad parking and room service just changed the whole experience.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

I didn't like the fact that we were lied to about parking space,yet for the 3 nights we spent there the parking had a lot of empty spaces not sure whether was is it allocated for VIPs.And the cleaning lady took my towel in error i think but i didn't receive any formal apology from management about its whereabouts or anything..We had to checkout the following day.

The overall experience of paying for a place and actually get value for your money.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The location, room and breakfast were great.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

I could not access my room on 08.08.2018 even though my booking ended on 09.08.2018. The departure letter indicated that my departure was on 08.08.2018. I was told that the cards will not work if I put them with my electronic devices. That was not the case and no one apologised for the inconvenience caused to me. The aircon was not working properly only cold air coming out, had to get a second blanket.

The location, room and breakfast were great.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

North Beach Location.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Not hugely safe around the vicinity at night. WiFi a bit erratic.

North Beach Location. Cafe Jiran (decent grub and very helpful/friendly/chatty staff). Huge rooms. Fab breakfast. Friendly courteous staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Pleasantly surprised, beyond my expectation.
    • Studio Apartment Disabled 1 Bedroom

Back entrance parking - felt unsafe waiting for garage door to open. Had to get out of car or phone in to open the door which took time and made one feel uneasy. This should be improved.

Breakfast room excellent. Food exceptional.

Unfortunate once off incidents
    • Studio Apartment Disabled 1 Bedroom

Asked for an early check in and they said arrive and they would see. Timing was bad as couldn't estimate when I could get a room. Asked for twin beds but when I got to the room after 4pm they still had a double bed.

Fantastic

the bathroom drainage was very slow and needs to be attended to. we were sharing and it made it very difficult to bath immediately after my roommate had bathed as she had to wait for sometime for the water to drain

The croissants, the breakfast and the staff. they also attended to my querries at short notice

I would probably go back to this hotel, it is a value for money indeed.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Air-conditioning system was very noise

Rooms are big with sink, bar fridge and microwave, breakfast was beyond perfect, very clean and staff was very friendly.

AWESOME STAY
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

The bath tubs were not user friendly, my mom is elderly and she struggled to take a decent bath.

The overall experience was amazing. I arrived on an early flight and was assisted with a smile as soon as I arrived. I did not have to wait for check in time. The variety at breakfast was pleasing. I will definitey recommend this place.

We're staying there again in a few weeks and will have words about this last invoice.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Put the correct information on the bill.

Breakfast really good, I didn't understand the extras signed on the room and didn't have time to get into a discussion before leaving for the airport. My colleague"s both had the same problem. We knew what we ate and drank but what was on the bill was something completely different in all our cases.

excellent place and good value for money
    • Studio Suite Apartment 2 Bedroom

also, with the renovations taking place the place can get very noisy during the day and the lifts take a while. but overall, a lovely location and excellent place to stay at

never got access to the parking i paid for and landed up parking outside. be careful not to park across the road as the little monkeys throw items onto your car. my nephews car windscreen cracked.

Great breakfast variety, great cappuccino, lovely room with...
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The hotel is renovating rooms. It is supposed to finish in Nov 2018? Only one lift works and its very slow. Had to walk stairs up and down many times rather than waiting.

Great breakfast variety, great cappuccino, lovely room with amazing views of the ocean!

I stayed in The Bel-Aire permanently for more than ten years.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

I stayed in The Bel-Aire permanently for more than ten years. The friendlyness of the staff who remember me and all the others was the highlight. I only have very good and happy memories. The improvements are amazing. I think the Bel-Aire deserves another star. Everything is perfect and I will definitely stay there more often from now on. Regards. Pierre Botes.

Improve the staff morale
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The reception staff are downright RUDE... check in experience was absolutely ridiculous and unpleasant

Peaceful and rest worthy, the buffet was mouthwatering perfect for a fully fledged breakfast

Awesome and relaxing
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

My room was beautiful but the view was not not what i hoped for. And the fact that the resturant is not used for dinners and lunch.

The view from the resturant and the hotel was clean and beautiful..

beautiful view from the top floor breakfast restaurant
    • Studio Apartment 2 Bedroom

no balcony not allowed to smoke on the outside street terrace

beautiful view from the top floor breakfast restaurant staff very friendly and helpfull

Memorable
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The weatherman of which it had nothing to do with the Hotel, it was damn cold!!!

The warm welcome as soon as you enter the Hotel cause I think that is where its all starts!!!! We will be visiting the Hotel very soon!!!!

Our stay was short and sweet...
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

There is too much filth under the couchthat has been accumulating over sime time...the cleaners need to clean under not around the couches & bed.

The rooms r spacious and clean. The reception staff is professional and friendly.Great ocean view from our room.

Enjoyable, value for money, comfortable, all and all a great experience, will be back.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The staff are friendly and very helpful! The rooms are a comfortable size. It looks like they really go the extra mile with regard to keeping their guests comfortable. Will definately be back.

Our stay was Fantastic.
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

There were more cars than parking bays closer to the weekend.

The Breakfast was great and the beds very comfy. this is a great Hotel and my Family and I will be back there soon.

Nearness close to Godliness and excellent, kind and...

I did6get the family room

Nearness close to Godliness and excellent, kind and respectful staff including Kobus who helped me with my laggage early morning.

My stay was short, but it was worth it

Not explaining about extra activities they have, e.g spa

On our arrival, when they help us to our room, I felt like a Queen. The staff were so friendly

WE ENJOYED OUR STAY
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

THE PARKING FACILITIES. AFTER PAYING ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR PARKING, THE ONE EVENING WE CAME BACK LATE TO THE HOTEL AND THE SECURE PARKING WAS FULL. WE WERE ON THE 3RD FLOOR WITH NO BEACH VIEW FROM OUR WINDOW

THE ROOMS AND BATHROOMS ARE BIG AND COMFORTABLE.THE CLOSENESS TO THE BEACH.

Excellent stay
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

Nothing really the construction work a bit of noise but communicated well even when booking

The booking process was smooth Big bed, friendly and helpful staff. Any assistance we needed was available and quick response. The breakfast was super👍

The ocean view from my room was magnificent
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The receptionists are totally unwelcoming, been to over 10 hotels but never had check in hassles. They're completely unfriendly and make one feel like you're not doing them a favour by choosing this particular hotel

The ocean view from my room was magnificent

Breakfast was superb

Shower was blocked and the maintenance man only came when I called the second time. Even though he unblocked the shower but the water pressure remained low. This was a VERY disappointing part of my stay.

Breakfast was superb

Very comfortable and great stay
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

Provide some sort of hand andy or cleaning liquid to wash the tub in the bathroom.

I loved how friendly the staff were and were very swift to act on any issues that we had. The rooms were spacious. The location was close to the beach and Moses Mabhida stadium.

Cozy, comfortable and breath taking atmosphere.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Some of the furniture has become slightly old and may require refurbishment.

Fantastic location near the beach. Room was facing the beach offering a nice view and it was very spacious also. Kitchenette was very useful for making ready made food. More than the room, the restaurant at the restaurant at 11th floor offered a fantastic sea view! The room attendant was very cheerful and friendly and provided excellent service. I missed the chance of meeting her while checking out just to offer my thanks to her. I hope the hotel management will let her know.

It was adequate.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The AC didnt work properly. The maintenance came to fix it but still it didnt work. Only on the day we were leaving did maintenance come and sort it out properly. The room is made up very late in the day.

The breakfast is very good.

In conclusion I had great time and I will be back
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The room that I was allocated to was not clean and was noisy I had to go and complain to be shifted to a different place . The staff cleans until 16:00 and I sorry but I went there to rest but I had to be out doors most he times

The view was refreshing and the breakfast

one night stay is okay but i doubt if one could stay longer. Not comfortable.
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

the building is really old, and even with recent refurbishment it is still not good. some serious revamp is needed for four star grading. definitely not value for money.

located at beachfront. breakfast was also good with some variety.

Again and again Belaire Suites!
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Thank you for hosting me in your environmentally aware apartments. The stay outweighed my expectations by far. This was the best I'd wanted...peaceful...neat..safe..and mentally a joyful experience. The staff is well trained and a special wave to the housekeeper on the 10th floor. May you go from strength to strength.

The property was cleaned daily
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

There was too much banging on the walls due to renovation so it was a bit noisy. Key card gave me a problem when i wanted to open had to go to the reception.

The property was cleaned daily Good value for money Staff friendly and helpful.

Great Getaway
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

My Apple computer would not connect to the WiFi said it’s not a trusted link.

The staff where very helpful. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was clean.

Very good, will always try to stay here. Well maintained building.

Nothing, all was fine. Thanks

Great clean facilities, very supportive and professional staff. Breakfast good, could be a little bit more creative with vegetarian options

A room with a view in great location
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Great view from the rooms. The restaurant and pub area is welcoming. Staff always friendly and helpful. Location is just perfect for a jog on the beachfront. Clean and being renovated so soon even better, I am sure.

Great customer experience
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

There was a time lag from the time (1 hour) I booked via booking.com till the hotel was made aware of my booking.

Had a great service experience from the reception to the breakfast and room itself.

Was only staying one night with an early departure for...
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Was only staying one night with an early departure for airport Was very pleasantly surprised when check in staff offered a breakfast bag when I mentioned I would be leaving before breakfast - a much appreciated gesture

Except for Cockroaches, the Hotel is very nice and clean.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The room was clean but please..... please, check Cockroaches in the room, that was the only negative thing about my stay. They are too many of them in the room. I had to call for insect spray because some were on the headboard.

Beds were comfortable and every facility in the room was perfectly working.

Worst Stay by Far
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Air conditioning did not work Lamps didnt work Freezer was on the highest setting but did not keep things frozen Shower drain was blocked Toilet splashes onto floor when flushing Two Single bedskept on seperating in the middle Terrible service from breakfast staff whom turned my wife away because apparently breakfast was only for one person so they demanded i pay first

I liked their breakfast and the comfort of their bed.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

There was a noise in the room (308) that was caused by the air-conditioner, even when it was switched-off the noise did not go away especially the first 2 nights. but other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

I liked their breakfast and the comfort of their bed. The linen were clean. Thank you.

It was nice stay
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

WiFi facility, speed poor, speed in room poor, everyday needs to take fresh login

Location excellent. Cleanliness exceellent, staff cooperative. Breakfast very good. Wify facility poor need to take log in for every day, though staff told it is for 3 days.

It was nice staying there. Im even intending to come again next year with family and friend.
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

Lift, it tooked long to arrive due to contruction anyway you notified us on time. Nithing else

I liked the the room even though when we checked in it was not what i booked but it was sorted. Breakfast was to die for, exquisite. I loved it. WiFi we connected to our friends and families at home and that is beach front. I will be staying there next year again.

Great establishment
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The idea of putting 2 single beds to make a double is not great. The beds are not boxed together and the keep shifting the whole tim with little movement.

Excellent location , very friendly staff, great breakfast and very comfortable room with clean linen and a fridge with water daily.

The place to be any time of the year
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

The hospitality at this hotel was more than I imagined. Breakfast menu tops it all, a well balanced diet for the day. The staff went an extra mile to make our stay a memorable one. Wifi connection was good all the time of our stay I give you 10/10. Keep it up

Best value in Durban.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Everything - it was an excellent location. Great room and breakfast. The staff were fantastic! The value was outstanding. Highly recommended.

Decided to leave and not even spending the 3rd night after bad treatment of cleaning staff
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The room not being serviced at 15:00 in the afternoon on both days Cleaning staff barging into the room without knocking Absolute disregard of privacy

• Studio Apartment Disabled 1 Bedroom

The fact that after purposely booking a parking ( twice once via telephone two days before stay and once at reception on arrival) no record could be found at reception!

Good clean spacious hotel.
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

The smaller bedroom backed on to the back of the building and it was rather noisy from all the service ducts.

Good clean spacious hotel. Very friendly accommodating staff. Early breakfast for Ironman competitors, packed breakfast for early departure.

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Number of Dstv channels available. Quality of reception/sound of certain stations (Mnet Smile) was poor

Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Comfortable room. Good location

Overall enjoyed our stay.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Found the Coffee shop / Cafe service slow when trying to get service took forever . Would have been nice for breakfast to start at 6am during the week especially for early departures.

Loved the views, house keeping staff very friendly.

The stay was lovely.
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

She did mention that the single beds are not comfortable for adults.

I booked for my mom and her friends and they totally loved the place. My mom could not stop talking about their breakfast. The breakfast time is accommodative to everyone in terms of time. Even if u wake up late after a night of partying. I want to visit my self!

Very relaxing stay, and great views !!
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

A lot of the TV channels were duplicated, and no SUPERSPORT channels!!! Our room had a bath instead of the large shower we normally have at Bel Air Suites.

The bed is very comfortable, the suite is large, and even though this hotel is not very modern, it is extremely comfortable, and really good value for money. The breakfasts on the 11th floor are fantastic. The last time I had an omelette that can compare was in Mauritius!!

Pathetic
    • Family Apartment 2 Bedroom

Went to bed around 3 woke up with bites all over my body put the lights on and looked at the bed it was crawling with bed bugs. Most disgusting experience of my life. Horrified

Friendly staff

It was really great,relaxing and a great way to take time off and have fun!
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The parking though is very uphill and i had a small car I couldn't park my car there though I have paid for parking:-(

The breakfast was really good,The room view of the beach was really nice.The reception and welcome of the guests was on point.The lifts are working correctly.The level of cleaning is very good...The lady who cleaned was Phumzile.

Very good stay and an amazing breakfast will definitely book this hotel again.
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

The renovations taking place currently make the stay a bit uncomfortable.

We really enjoyed breakfast with a view it was excellent the staff was very good and our expectations were exceeded!!!

Great stay with good breakfast and friendly staff. First-time stay and quite impressive
    • Studio Apartment 1 Bedroom

Pay for parking...why not included in booking fee

Bed was extremely comfortable and impressed with the bottled water provided in the fridge as well as the extra towels and toiletries provided.