Reviews of Best Western Cape Suites Hotel 3 stars

Corner of De Villiers & Constitution, 7925 Cape Town, South Africa

• Studio

The rooms could benefit from noise-proofing. You could hear neighbours banging about and walking around next door and upstairs, TV noise, and conversations clearly from a distance outside.

The breakfast was extensive and excellent, and the ambience was pleasant. The reception and service staff were very friendly and helpful - above and beyond.

• Studio

The personnel from the front desk seemed confused and argued that I didn't pay my reservation when I had the invoice, which was kind of uncomfortable. Also, I booked a 2 twin-bed room and when we arrived it wasn't settled...

Great breakfast, and clean facilities. Comfortable and worthy in terms of Price-quality. Also, the hotel provides free transport services 24/7 which was amazing!

• Studio

Double bed was uncomfortable as it were to single beds and not stable TV channels sometimes didn’t work Rooms could use renovation

Parking facilities Kitchen in room Breakfast buffet Friendly staff at deception

• Two-Bedroom Suite (4 Adults)

These guys go out of their way to make your trip worthwhile. They really embrace you as a family. We had to book a safari. These guys negotiated the best price for us. Their free shuttle service is an amazing feature. They drop you off and pick you from different places if you book in advance. Who does that in today's age? William, Henry, Thandy...amazing people. Will definitely visit again

• One-Bedroom Suite (1 adult)

Wifi was not working well in the rooms.

The apartments were a good size and clean, beds comfortable. Whilst trying to save water, I don't think it is necessary to change towels every day. Breakfast had a good selection. Location for my purposes was perfect.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Requested a double bed and received a twin (no converter was down for the bed) also went to the restaurant for Dinner and had to go to reception to check if they were open as there was no-one there. With Breakfast we had gone down at about 9 and they hadnt finished setting up the tables yet.

• Classic Studio (1 Adult)

I was disappointed to find that the complimentary shuttle they advertise couldn't take me to the airport at 5 in the morning. This was the reason I booked the hotel. Should advertise what hours the shuttle operates. Also there are no lifts in this property and a lot of stairs to go up.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

It couldn’t have been better than it was excellent

Staff were outstanding they made me and my family all 15 so welcome it was the best holiday by far we have been on

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Sunday arriving there at reception a worker was sitting there with her shoes next her having a chat with receptionist

The breakfast was wonderful, accommdation good, overall a very good experience, will go there again

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The wifi in the room was really bad had to go to the reception area to connect to the wifi so I could check in for our flight. For a Best Western offering free WiFi I find that really poor

• Classic Studio (1 Adult)

I lost on the current news which is the main reason of my work. Your TV channels worked selectively. In other rooms the channels were working but in my room was not working. Where the channel work the picture is blurred and caused me pain and pressure in my eyes. This was reported and was followed by promises and nothing happened.

Self catering facilities

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The cockroches but it was juts 2 or 3 that we saw, it was bearable.

The friendly staff and the location of our house, nice and close to the gate. Everything was just awesome,Monique and Henry Pedro as well as Mike and Ashley were really excellent staff, they treated us well and their customers service was excellent. The food was so delicious, I'm still salivating just thinking of the lovely breakfast and the deliciously tender beef on had the Saturday evening. Oh and the pub was nice aswell lol thanks once again, the stay was a awesome one. Love from Janine Bussack and Paxton Fielies

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay to the point we tried to book it to come back at the end of our stay but was it was fully booked our stay was

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

A lick of paint here and there would not go amiss and plastic rubbish that blew in from the surrounding area did not enhance the complex.

The reception staff were very helpful - nothing was too much trouble and the same applies to the staff in the breakfast restaurant. The quality of the food was of a very good standard. Our room was of a good size and comfortable.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The rooms were not clean, staff was kinda uptight except a few and the rooms didn't leave up to the expectations and value of the money .

The location is good and so is their breakfast

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Shower didn't work at all - even for a quick one. Room was noisy- in the parking lot. Internet absolutely useless. TV reception terrible.

Kindly took R100 off my bill for lousy night. Breakfast was nice.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

When it rains, everyone gets wet. The rooms are a little far from the reception and there is no covered area to them.

The hotel is a bit far from the downtown, but if you book in advance, there is possibility of a shuttle (shuttle is always free of charge). We had shuttle to the airport. The driver Mario always very friendly all the time. The room has plenty of space. The breakfast was very good, including fruit, yoghurts, omelets made at the moment.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

the beds were not that comfortable. the free shuttle bus not available for airport transfer after 17h00, which is not stated.

The staff was very nice. The property is old but well looked after. the free shuttle bus was a plus. Rooms are spacious

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Difficult access to the room (tiny steps), dirty swimming pool, room wasn't very clean, there was hair in the bathroom, few TV channels with bad quality, weird shower gel and shampoo, not comfortable light in the room, thin doors, old-fashioned furniture.

Two swimming pools, big spacious room, free bottled water on request, we were allowed to have a late check out for free.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

That there was no hot water.

There is a pool, the apartment was big, there was a TV, maintenance came immediately when we said we had no hot water. They came to fix it.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

the little time we spend .

me and my wife celebrated our anniversary away from home and could choose a better place as it.thank you for your hospitality.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The shower didn't work properly I struggled a little. And I did not like the stairs at all.

The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. I also liked the size of the room and the breakfast was on point.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The breakfast was one menu throughout our stay. The TV was not working for the entire stay until lastly they operated it manually and they promised to bring the batteries or fix it but never done. We requested the pots but they took more than 2hrs to bring them until i went there myself to request them.

The staff was friendly and our room was spotless whenever we come back from wherever.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The Room Cleaning staff,..... "Danger Team" Was way too roudy. Stay far away from them, they scream/shout and talk while standing next to each other.. from 7am. I complained to the reception, but to no avail. It starts all over again the next morning. Dont ever stay near them, you will start your day with a headache !!!

The Management, Monique, Hendry and Rosswell was exceptional. Hats off to them. Breakfast was excellent, fresh food and a variety to choose from. They did everything to make us feel welcomed. Their complimentary taxi service was great to get around... well done

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Breakfast menu was the same everyday.stairs to the rooms too much pliz get an elevator.

The staff including kitchen staff were friendly and always available if you need anything.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

It needs upgrade of room furniture especially tbe beds. Housekeeping staff sometimes not fulfilling promises e.g.replacing room towels.

Located strategically to access most city attractions and amenities. Security is tight. Free shuttle service.

The doorknob to the room felt flimsy and wobbly, though it seemed to lock fine. The neighborhood (District 6) was a little "edgy" so i don't advise walking to center. We took shuttle once, but they fill up quickly, so you need to reserve. Simple style room compared to brand-new places in the US, but perfectly comfortable and functional.

The room and bathroom are big and have a kitchenette. Our room had a tiny terrace in front, letting us enjoy our wine purchase and a chat outdoors in the evening. Breakfast was good. Front desk and breakfast room staff were kind and friendly... Hotel offers free shuttles to about 5 locations and the airport.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Asked for double bed but got two singles. No couch in living room, those couch/chairs abit uncomfy. Sink so small can only literally fit a plate in it and microwave barely fit a plate.

Nice balcony and room size

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

I think television could have been improved by adding dstv.

the food were delicious, beds were comfortable and the transport was extravagant. the staff was friendly.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

What I didn't like was a very rude lady that was checking up on us at the airport since we requested a shuttle to the hotel. She even had the audacity to tell me "please relax" when I was correcting her incorrect statement. If I were not so far from home at that time I probably had gone back.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The unavailability of lifts, my aged mom got tired climbing the stairs.

The complimentary shuttle service The breakfast very good Availability of amenities for self catering in the village suites 👍

Couldn't connect to wi-fi🙁

The staff is soo amazing. The rooms were very clean. Everything was just perfect not to mention the breakfast Yoooh I wish I could extend my Vacè.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

Room 200 had no comfortable place to sit together for the 5 of us. A point to note - the wind blew exceptionally hard on Sat 9th, and the rattling doors were really annoying.

Breakfast ........ parking off street, clean linen. Location.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The suite has some issues with insects in the kitchen area and WC.

The ala-carte menu of the Village Restaurant is excellent. From the taste to the presentation to the service. If you are in a group you might have to wait a little bit longer than usual but it's all worth it. This property is very lucky to have professional people around. Excellent service I must say. We'll surely be back. :)

The bed.

Our overall stay was excellent. Friendly and very helpful staff. The bed however was a bit uncomfortable, with two singles being pushed together. it kept on moving apart during the night.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Dirty carpets. Marks on the walls and curtains. Furniture old and run down. Boot prints on the side of the bedding and the bedding in general wasn't fresh/clean

It is in the CBD. Good location. Nicely renovated bathrooms. Very friendly staff

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The other guests were very noisy all through both nights. Restaurant facilities were not suitable for an evening meal. We had to go into town to find a restaurant. The apartments were very dull and grey, and did not live up to the photographs on the web site.

The apartment was very clean and tidy. The staff were exceptional, and went to great lengths to make sure our stay was as good as possible.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Super noisy room! Requested a room change but was not provided. Views were to a open field, not to the mountain as stated. Shampoo and bath gel were not refilled over five days. Breakfast was a mess, no tables were ready for hosts and nobody was taking care of cleaning them. We ordered room service, as there is nothing around, and had to wait for almost an hour just for a salad and a sandwich! Wouldn't recommend this hotel at all!

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The fact that I was double charged. R2980 was taken from my account as per agreement and an extra R1300 taken later. I queried it and that is still not resolved. Please look into as soon as possible as this is fraud. I checked with the bank, the R1300 was still awaiting authorization.

Perfect

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Slowness of the WiFi The water from the rain gushing on my verandah as drains were falling straight in front of my door.

Staff Size of room Cleanliness of bathroom Meals at restaurant including breakfast

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

This property offered accommodation for the traveler who wants accommodation i.e. A place to sleep and have the occasional meal in. Breakfast was more than ample and very tasty.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

Cancellation for other bookings took a while to be cancelled

Everything was excellent and exciting even the veuw is interesting and the staff is more welcoming,it was a pleasure to be with you Guys.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The passages are a bit noisy when people move about.

They have a free shuttle bus which is very convenient and when we ordered a taxi that did not show, they took us to our destination free of charge.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The bathrooms did not have effiecent circulation and no windows. TV reception and channels poor. Breakfast had a great spread only if it was available. There were schools with athletes . the dining hall was quite cramped and as dishes run out that was it. Fruit, cheese, coldmeats, croissants all beautifully marked but empty. Even when requesting a "fill up" nothing happened. So yes, breakfast is served until11:00 but by 8:45 we only had half of buffet available.

We had a good stay. The staff were very efficient with check in and accommodated us with special needs. Thank you for moving us to ground floor. Also for specially buying a baby bath!! They really went out of there way to make our stay comfortable and enjoyable.. As for the hotel I think it is in need of upgrading the rooms and bathrooms. You can see they have a big turn about and the wear and tear is showing. We stayed in a family unit.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The draining system in the showers are not good. The dirty towels were removed but not replaced. Staff should also know towels on the rails means guest wants to use them again.

I like the fact that you can make your own food. I did not expect that. The location is good. The layout of the room is good. Too much lights in main bedroom.

Payment required before entering the room. A smell of recently painted furniture in the kitchenette. A cockroach in the refrigerator in my colleague's room, fortunately not in mine.

Rather sympathetic staff. Credit card not charged in advance. A good two-chambered apartment. Well equipped kitchenette.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Two-Bedroom Suite (4 Adults)

WiFi was not good at all. They are kind of old school - you need to leave the keys to get the room cleaned. We didn't understand that till the third day I think.

The staff were beyond fantastic! Front desk staff can even call in a taxi for you and they have great tips for excursions and places that you could just walk to. Breakfast was good, but after 5 days you'd get tired of the same thing - variety to the breakfast every three days would be nice. The rooms were a great size, we stayed in the two bedroom, the bathrooms were clean. The hotel although dated is well maintained - still a coat of fresh paint and new doors would a good upgrade. The location was perfect - 5 minute walk to Charly's Bakery! 10 minute walk to the yellow Bus line route. So many places of interest were within 10-15 minutes walking distance. To top it all, we get a view of table mountain every morning - well, weather permitting - almost every morning.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Classic Studio (1 Adult)

Wifi service is very poor, Shuttle service to any spot not available after 7pm. Hotel is far from any public spot , specially difficult in evening.

Food is good, Staff is friendly. Location and room is good

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Classic Studio (1 Adult)

My room was old and not clean. My door couldn't close and had to sit for 30 minutes waiting for maintenance. Some drunkards banged my door at 3 am and got me scared to death, almost breaking it since it wasn't that strong. I couldn't connect to internet using the vouchers given and the staff kept blaming my browsers. This is the worst hotel I've stayed in my entire life.

The breakfast was however good, and also the free shuttle to airport

• Classic Studio (1 Adult)

Bigger shower. More luxurious bedding. More TV channel options. Noisy people right through the night - mostly guests I'm sure but also loud, very loud staff talking at the entrance in the wee hours.

Loved the staff's pleasantness - a nice all-round experience.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The room & bathroom had a damp smell & need to be refurbished. Our room was the under House cleaning area & was noisy. There was also some construction going in a near by building.

Breakfast was excellent. Wifi was very good when it was working.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

I stayed 4 nights, and every day I had to call the reception to ask for towels and toiletry. The reception found nothing wrong with this situation, so no apologies were ever offered. The cleaning crew forgot every single time after making the room. One night I had already gone to sleep and the room service brought towels, waking me up. That was not pleasant. I am truly disappointed with Best Western!

The shuttle service to and from the airport was great. The shuttle was also offered to town that was very practical. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

They charged me twice, one being a random figure and they do not have either the competency to resolve the matter or they don't want to. DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS TO THEM OR BOOKING.Com The wrongly charged amount being a little more than 300 USD. THEY DON't EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY BACK AFTER SEVERAL PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults)

The wifi is very poor but they can improve.

Friendly staff, complimentary transport, the hotel is family friendly. The staff will always arrange transport (a cab) if hotel transport is unavailable. The hotel is home away from home & very clean. Good breakfast. They made sure our stay at Cape Town is enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

Not suites but rather tired, hotel rooms which were on dark side. Despite booking 'suite' with living area for family 9 months previously got 2 adjoining rooms, situated above the maintenance workshop, both with kitchens and no sitting area. Having said that, was charged a lower rate on arrival which I paid in full - then asked to pay more on checkout which I refused and this was accepted. Paying the deposit took some effort over the phone, (after trying by email & being asked to fax...) my booking details, despite being done on Booking.com were listed under wrong name - think office procedures need some work.

Staff tried hard. Location good. Parking safe and pool. Bathrooms nice.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

There should be a time table for shuttle to the main points from the hotel to make it easier for guest to organize themselves as sometimes I forgot to book my shuttle...Just a suggestions

The Staff was really very kind with us and tried to make us feel at home... Thanks to everyone for all the support and attention... I personally think the people in a organization make the reputations of the organizations and all the staff from Best Western Cape Suites Hotel were fabulous with us... This is the kind of place that has value for money just for the service they deliver... I also liked the hotel shuttle system.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Had 2 single beds instead of the 1 double bed I'd booked. Staff generally more suited to a workshop reception than hospitality industry.

Nothing really

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Poor cleanliness. Towel dirty. Bathroom old and dirty. Rooms need a complete refresh. Broken tap in the bathroom. House keeping removed all toiletries in the bathroom on second day.

Good breakfast. Location at the condition to have a car. Security.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite (2 Adults)

Our toilet made a very loud noise after flushing and when we turned the shower on the water went everywhere. Breakfast was incredibly busy and on our second morning there were large queues and there was little food left. Not necessarily something that can be helped, but it felt overcrowded in the communal spaces and some of the other guests were noisy - no consideration for others.

The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help us settle in. We arrived early and our room wasn't ready, so they found another room for us to change in whilst we waited. The room was spacious and there was plenty of room for parking. The hotel is easy to get to from the airport (around a 20 minute drive) and gives easy access to the main roads. We had a good sleep!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The location of the suites is in city centre so quite near to most points of interest. Rooms did not look like pictures on booking.com and requests we not done before our arrival as peg booking special requests. The rooms were fine and we found it clean on arrival. After day 2 the rooms were not cleaned properly, dust bins not cleared, towels removed but not replaced. HAd to ask reception three times to send housekeeping but still did not come to clean. After cleaning rooms we arrived to see puddles of water in the bathrooms which we then needed to clean as housekeeping would probably only come next day. Guests staying in nearby suites due to distance sounds are heard very clearly. We stayed for 5 days and 4 nights. We also Found large cockroaches in room and when we tld reception hey said they willl have a look so I hope they did something before the next perdon moved in. Not sfrquate parking inside complex. Security measures is fine. Did not have a good experience. Would not nook here again.

• Classic Studio (1 Adult)

Rooms are average - the air conditioning in my room made an incredibly loud noise. Shower didn't work properly, towels not entirely clean and very limited channels on TV.

There's a funky bar on the premises, staff were friendly and the hotel is actual closer to the hustle and bustle than I thought. Wifi worked really well.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Smoked room with two single beds instead of non-smoking double bed reservation. They charged full even my early check-out(actually first one-nigh stay out of 7 nights)due to dissatisfaction with facilities and service.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

It would be nice if they could serve different breakfast on different days. We had the same breakfast for two consecutive days.

It felt like home away from home.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

A bit far from town centre. Slow response to defective shower. Needed repeated reminders. Access to second floor room; difficult outside steps.

Reception staff particularly helpful. Very good breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

The service was poor and even though check in was from 2pm our room was not ready when we arrived just after 2pm. The airconditioner remote did not work. The pictures on the website are incredibly deceptive. The actual rooms do not live up to the "presentation" on the website.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

Not like the photos. Service was poor, breakfast tables were not reset, towels taken but not replaced, wifi not explained at check-in.

Value for money but don't expect luxury!

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• One-Bedroom Suite (1 adult)

The fact that dinner could only be served in a bar

Breakfast was good but they need to provide bigger cups as those ones overflowed when you put in hot water. Please provide low fat milk as well

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Classic Studio (1 Adult)

The only thing we didn't like was that 3 of us were allocated quite far from each other.

It was good value for money. The location, facilities, hospitality, breakfast, and everything was pleasent and reasonable. The restaurant bar was vibely and great.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

The living area was wide yet with not enough sitting for the four people that were there and also when the temperature goes down the aircon could not heat up the space.

It had variety for one to chose from my only thing is that there should be enough for the breakfast duration given not to say that what has been dished out when finished there's no other substitution for people waking up a bit later.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

I liked everything except that if u had an early flight at 07:00am there was no shuttle to the airport. Shuttle only started at 7:30 am. I will

Staff, free transportation to excursions. Food was great too And use of computer.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

No complaints

My room was convienient for me since it was close everything...i even thank you guys for the reliable cabs i hope to be right back next year.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Very noisy hotel. Need own transport. Room smelled of smoke. Very basic stay.

Good central location if you need to be in different parts of Cape Town. Close to highways and V&A Waterfront.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

Loud bar/pub within the facilities that is open to non guests. The maid didn't fill up toilet paper and didn't empty the bins. One day they forgot to bring new towels as well. We had to ask so they will bring it. (We stayed 5 days) The staff opening the entrance gate for cars were lazy and sometimes lost the metal gate out of their hands so it was almost banging on our car. When we came on foot they just sat in the chair and explained us how to open the gate ourselves. Sitting 3 meters away. Wifi is the worst. Only works partially and only then when you don't need it.

Cheap and close to center.

• Standard Three-Bedroom Suite (6 Adults)

Bathrooms, though clean could use a little spruse up(upgrade)

The view is so exquisite. Beds comfortable and bedding warm. Breakfast was deliciously hearty.

• Classic Studio (2 Adults)

When we arrived they couldn't find our booking we had to wait for an hour whiles they looked,finally got to the room no toilet paper in the loo and on the 3rd day our room was not cleaned just the bed that was made then later experiences roaches,big ones😥😥😥😥

I liked the warmth especially catering stuff