Reviews of Camps Bay Village Apartments 3 stars

32 Camps Bay Drive, Camps Bay, 8040 Cape Town, South Africa

#256 of 387 Holiday rentals in Cape Town

Based on 193 apartment reviews

Very enjoyable and look forward to being able to return in the future.
    • Superior Studio

A little tight on space around the bed - larger built clients might find it too tight - Double/Queen bed might ease the situation - likewise getting in and out of the toilet - especially if saving water and using the bucket in the shower.

The room was well equiped and clean, suitable for our short stay. Staff very efficient and friendly/helpful.

Stay was nonetheless excellent. Enjoyed safety and security as well as the tranquility.

An option to have breakfast was not that apparent from my booking and so I did not have breakfast at the venue because I was not aware you offered any. The blinds seemed to be secured incorrectly, allowing light to come through even when fully closed. They need to be secured inside the window seal, not outside. On a cold day, there seemed to be no provision to warm the room - a rug on the floor or heater might suffice.

Room was clean. Staff was helpful all the time.

Perfect location on the beach for persons so ith low expectations for a small price.
    • Superior Room

We booked a superior room and got a classic room, which was obviously worse than the booked class. The employee didn’t even mention, that it is a classic room. Only when we insisted, that this is not the roomclass we booked (it was only a room with a bed and a kitchen and our room was supposed to have a couch and no kitchen) and after a discussion we got a room in the better class. Unfortunately we experienced two cockroaches in the village (one in the first room and the other in the next room).

Location was perfect. Directly on the beach, only a street to cross.

We enjoyed our stay.
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

They changed the linen and towels after four days. The unit has one bathroom that has to be shared among 6 people. This was an inconvenience.

The apartments are beautiful and neat. The sea view from the lounge was breathtaking. We had direct access from the apartment to the beach. The kitchen had all the necessary utensils to make our self catering experience remarkable. Our unit had a modern finish. Cost-effective when travelling in large groups.

Ended disappointingly

My eldest son stayed in Big Bay. The second night he was woken to cockroaches covering his room and bathroom. So much so that he phoned through to us (waking us up) and packed all his stuff to come over. He was to scared to stay there the rest of the night so slept on our sofa. My husband did inform reception on our departure the next day but the gentleman just said he would get it sorted. There was no apology. Very disappointed. Part of me would recommend but the other part would not due to what happened and the response received by your staff

Loved the apartment I stayed in at the front overlooking the sea

Will be back but I would book a different room next time.
    • Studio Apartment

I had stayed before in a beautiful unit for the same price so this time I believed there would be an air conditioner in the unit and the room would be similar. The room was stuck in the back and very dingy. The bathroom had an awful mouldy smell and very old.

Lovely, helpful staff and fantastic location.

Concerning everything that made this stay at Camps Bay...
    • Budget Double Room

1. The pictures displayed on booking.com for the Budget Room convey a wrong image of the room that isn't worth 120 Euro a night! They use images of the apartments and studios at the pool to convince people to book a room. In fact you will be placed in a ground floor room next to a loud restaurant. 2. The Budget Rooms are in another building next to the studios at the pool. You have to walk down unsecured stairs (well you can use the handrail if you are a kid or 4 feet tall) to an old brick house and will be placed next to a loud steam outlet from a restaurant next to your room. 3. I just saw that they're advertising "Mountain View" on the Budget Room detail page. The people at Camps Bay Village Apartments have sense of humor! We only saw another building when we opened the curtains that we left closed, because the room was ground-floor. 4. I am afraid to say but it was dirty, there was blood on the pillows and silverfishes where running around the floor. 5. The staff working there seemed bored, annoyed and slacked. I don't blame them, I would feel the same if I would need to earn my money by working for this fraud. 6. Camps Bay Village Apartments advertises free parking. Cool! Only thing: It is just right in front of the building, not secured and on the sidewalk. The street in which you park is packed by traffic jam from 11am-8pm. For secured parking you have to pay 90ZAR extra per day! 7. The reception booked us a taxi to town. That would have been super nice if they wouldn't support their friends earning a bit money through unaware tourists. The drive to the city was double as much as we payed back to the hotel when we used UBER. Overall: An awful experience — overprized and unfriendly.

Concerning everything that made this stay at Camps Bay Village Apartments awful, the location 250m away from the beach was good and is maybe the only reason this hotel has a 7,6 here on booking.com

okay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bathroom not so great and big The space is adequate and lovely surroundings The stairs are a big problem- such a place should have lifts Stairs a re too narrow

adequate space lovely surrounding

The unit was spotless.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The second bedroom is very stuffy. No outside window and no airconditioner. You need Windows or aircon. The main room which has huge Windows has aircon.

The unit was spotless. The staff very helpful. Main bedroom lovely. Kitchen well equipped.

Stunning felt like I was in a foreign country!
    • Budget Double Room

Didn’t like that I thought I had paid for the full booking on booking but in fact only a 10% deposit had been deducted which I thought was the extra payment for the parking! I only found this out when checking in! Other than that all good! Thank you!

Loved the location was lovely and clean

Only worth the money because of the location not the actual accommodation.
    • Superior Studio

We did not receive a warm welcome at reception. The person that greeted us was rude and claimed we needed to pay an extra R90 but didn't explain for what. When I said everything was taken from my card he just continued as if the conversation never happened. No apology for the confusion. Housekeeping would often barge in without giving us time to come from the bedroom to open the door. They were very impatient to get in and quite rude

Location was close to all anemities

Too expensive for the quality of the room.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There are so many things. R2160 is a lot of money for the type of room we received. Honestly I would pay less than R1000 for that room. It was NOTHING like the pictures we saw online which led us to book it in the first place. Just an old block of apartments turned into holiday stays. The interior was soo disappointing it was just old and outdated. If anything I feel ripped off, but I understand it’s camps bay so the price just has to be ridiculously high even for stays that don’t meet the camps bay decor bar. Also the place has sooo many extra charges wow, extra for parking, to use the braai facilities and for the WiFi...Anyway, only choose this place if you’ve ran out of places to go and are not so picky about how your living surroundings will look like.

i ended up liking the balcony and the views. Simply because it started raining and the enclosed balcony helped.

The rooms are not at all what they were on the pictures.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The rooms are not at all what they were on the pictures. You need to pay extra for wifi and the parking. Travelled 3 weeks in South Africa and it was the worst appartment that we had.

It was relaxing
    • Studio Apartment

The pub just opposite the property was very noisy. Despite the whole stay being very comfortable

The fact that they had WiFi. .They had cutlery and everything necessary to make your stay easy and comfortable.

Maybe when they're done building we'll give them another chance, but most definitely not before then
    • Budget Double Room

The photos showed the village part of the complex, not the back apartments (where we ended up). They were busy building, so it was messy - which we understood, but there was a car parked in front of our door (not a parking area) and people walking pass the entire time - we couldn't open our windows at all, no privacy whatsoever. And the gate we were supposed to use was out of order so we ended up having to walk really far just to get to and from our room.

Inside the apartment was fine, clean. Smelled like smoke when we got in which wasn't nice, but overall it is taken care of inside well.

You had to pay for everything and the physical room was not...
    • Budget Double Room

The fact that the room I booked didn't look at all like the photos advertised, as well as there was only 3 canderal sticks no coffie, I had to buy coffie pods for R12 each just so we could have something to drink. Also no double point plugs provided. Worst accommodation I've spent time in ever, it's next to an open storm water drain, the main door can't even open properly as the balcony is so narrow.

You had to pay for everything and the physical room was not the same as that of the photos. I will never be going here again as it's all about cash.

Overall the stay was decent.
    • Budget Double Room

The room was oddly built. The space was very cluttered and the cupboard space was non existent. We had an odd experience of a maintanence guy opening our door at 9am, without knocking first. This was particularly weird since no one was meant to even clean the room on Sundays.

The location was a amazing!

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Property Surroundings
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

In Room No 10B Bathroom & Bedroom are not getting locked + Cockroach seen in the kitchen + Parking charges have to pay + No free wifi

Property Surroundings

Room 23 is fabulous - great outlook and location, and the...
    • Studio Apartment

Some of the lights didn't work and the shower was very slow to drain, but all minor items which I'm sure will be fixed quickly

Room 23 is fabulous - great outlook and location, and the staff were most helpful.

Loved it!

The photos on Booking.com are however a bit misleading. Thought we were going to have a sea view but we barely had windows. Parking outside in the street was also a bit challenging.

The location is excellent, it's clean and close to the beach and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The location was great
    • Budget Double Room

The room was very small, located on a noisy courtyard and with no air conditioning. The hosts were not helpful. The photos make this property look much better than it really is.

The location was great

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

No toilet paper in bathroom.
    • Superior Room

No toilet paper in bathroom. Bed was not made neatly. TV was a nightmare to operate. Not very appealing walking in the door to look at an ironing board hanging up.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Beautiful few of the ocean in a mint clean user friendly bacelors appartment.
    • Studio Apartment

Had a little trouble carrying our bags as there is no lift. We did ask one of the staff to help us.

Although it was a old building and I was initially put off by it, the room was immaculate and ha everything my daughter and I needed for our stay. To me it was affordable and the location excellent. I will definitely go there again if it is at she same price. It was my money's worth. Thank you.

GREAT SPOT GREAT VALUE
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

HOSTS WERE POOR AND UNFRIEDNLY AND SAID THAT THE BOOKING DIDN'T REGISTER UNTIL I SHOWED UP AT CHECK OUT TIME. THEN IT TOOK AN HOUR TO GET THE ROOM READY.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Great location for beach/restaurants. Relaxed atmosphere but only 10 minutes drive from Cape Town
    • Studio Apartment

Areas need attention in the apartment - cracked tiles in bathroom, discoloured sealant around bath, slight damp/discolouration on bathroom ceiling. Swimming pool area small and not kept brilliantly clean. Not enough sun beds or room to move them around into shade etc when needed.

Location brilliant - 2 minutes walk from seafront restaurants, etc. Big comfortable bed. Spacious apartment. Applicances in kitchen reasonable quality. Dizzys bar opposite was friendly and reasonably priced. Good steaks at The Butchers and Hussars Grill.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Dissapointing
    • Budget Double Room

We asked for an early arrival days earlier. We arrived and they still made us wait for 2 hours till 2pm before allowing us in. Other people who had not requested an early arrival had already been checked in long ago. No parking available. No Coffee in the room. Staff very unhelpful

Absolutely awful - would never recommend.
    • Studio Apartment

Appalling lack of hygiene and service - dead cockroaches on the floor in the bathroom, which was filthy. When I alerted the manager I was told someone would be in touch. No one was. I've sent two follow up emails with no response. I have stayed at Camps Bay Apartments several times but I will never be staying again.

The location is the only positive.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Wont stay there again even if it is offered for free.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Staff are arrogant and argumentive. Lot of their weird rules and conditions are not made known at either check in nor on bookings.com. For example their towel policy. They also mislead you by posting pictures with sea views whilst most rooms I saw did not have sea views.

Location is great.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Good/ cud have been better with piunts mentionef

Only 1 bath Other 2 rooms were smallish Staircase very narrow to room 14

Only 1 bath for 5 peopll Should have en suite in main bedroom and additional bath/ toilet for da rest of family. I didnt like this

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The location in the village is perfect.

Furniture in bed rooms!

The location in the village is perfect. Co operation with Bay Hotel is perfect. Liked the possibility to go there and use their pool!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Once in, it,s fab
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

Arrival poor, signage for where to,arrive/ get access to office poor as we pulled up where 32 camps bay drive should be but still couldn,t find it. Dangerous and busy corner so ease,of search would have lessened the stress at this point Drove round from office to park vehicle in parking area with a dud key fob for large gate but kept trying as we,d been told to be patient. Not a good place to,sit in a vehicle trying to gain access with duff equipment Once we had proper key fobs all went swimmingly Entry door very unsteady and lock seemed flimsy and with the high winds the door was being sucked in and out , made us feel as if it would give way, fortunately it didn,t

Beds very comfortable, only used 2 of the 3 rooms but light during the night problem for one room - coming in through bathroom Very well equipped and labelled Location fantastic Loved the choice of 2 showers and one bath in the 3 bathrooms Good to have a safe to hand Very clean and pleasing to the eye Would stay there again if we had chance Link to hotel facilities an added bonus as you get the high quality at low cost Location within camps bay also very good for beach, shops, retaurants and travelling to,other places of interest

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Absolutely fantastic location!
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

Shower did not drain well, so one's feet were submerged in soapy water. Bathroom amenities & towels were not replenished/changed regularly- we had to ask for soap & shampoo when we had run out (we stayed 9 nights). Basin in bathroom was not properly & regularly cleaned.

Location is superb! View from our apartment (no 17) was terrific! Equipped with everything that one needs for a holiday apartments and nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Great location, clean and comfortable apartment with friendly and responsive staff.
    • Studio Apartment

Shower flooded but staff were very prompt to arrange plumber. Had to pay extra for wifi connection which in this day and age you should not have to. Make it part of the overall price. Also, wifi switched off before we checked out which was a bit much given the price of the accommodation.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great location but you won't get much sleep!
    • Studio Apartment

The bed was extremely hard and also the room Ibiza was right on the road. This was extremely noisy at night and the street lights shone directly into the room as there were blinds and no proper curtains. Not very restful, I did not sleep well at all.

Good location close to everything in Camps Bay and you had the option of paying for a parking space. Camps Bay parking is always hard to come by!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Excellent location with very friendly and helpful staff and great accommodation.

On arrival we were allocated a room with steep stairs but the staff quickly reallocated us being an older couple that could not climb the stairs.

The location was excellent. The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. The rooms beautiful with everything required for self catering.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Jewel on the Bay
    • Studio Apartment

The fact that we did afford ourselves time to enjoy the free cocktail that was being offered at the resort😎

Loved the comfort. Staff was amazing especially the gentlemen who check us in.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

disapointed with the quality for the money that was paid
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was only public parking The bathrooms drains were clogged the bathroom was filthy The room and bedding was dusty The toilet was leaking The toilet was not flushing properly

The rooms were nice and roomy with ample facilities for a family.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Good for a night
    • Studio Apartment

Cleanliness of room could be better, especially of bath and kitchen, location is central, but loud, room was not prepared on time, no free wifi in room

good location, friendly staff, tiny, but nice pool

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Nice enough appartment but needs to feel less like a conveyor belt.
    • Studio Apartment

The bathroom door and curtains were both too narrow (so you could see into the toilet from outside). The curtains were also very pale so let a lot of light in. Worst was evening check in - very poorly organised, all relied on the security guard who was not properly briefed (it was NOT his fault). That initial contact was poor and left us upset before we started. In the morning complained but staff not really interested.

Location is good, short walk to the main road.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

One minute from the glorious beach and decent eating places.

It took over half an hour to get into our room. They didnt think they had our booking. When we left they fussed about whether we had paid. Poor administration! Nobody mentioned breakfast. Was this included??

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Beautiful tranquil excellence stay at Camps Bay Resort with magnificent views
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

That you only get two fresh towels for a period of 3 days. No fresh towels in between which means you have to daily place your towels outside to dry. Would have preferred if the towels were given fresh on the first and 2nd day.

The bedding was comfortable. The appliances (SMEG) were good quality and worked well. Beautifully spaced apartment with many facilities to enjoy a holiday. Loved the fold up ironing board that hung neatly.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

Highly recommended and well situated.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

This is a very well run property.We asked to be moved to a ground floor apartment to make it easier on the elderly family member.The person who checked us in was very accommodating and gracious.Our apartment was very comfortable and convenient to the beach and restaurants.We did not need a car at all and there is excellent public transport 1 block away.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Half great, half not
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Hated that we had to haul 6 suitcases up and down 6 flights of ridiculously narrow stairs. Did not like that wifi was only complimentary at reception, so no room access. Breakfast is not on site and only a voucher towards the cost is given. Parking is chargeable.

Loved the size of the bed, and overall size of the apartment. Well kitted out - ice bucket, full ice trays, bottle opener, glasses.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Close to amenities..neat and spacious..views are perfect!!!

Convinient to beach.

Convinient to beach.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

They wanted all guests ID’s. Weird.

Location is great.

Ashley

No food. No bar facilities. Parking

Location. AMBIENCE. STAFF

Perfect

Comfortable big room and very clean
    • Superior Room

Parking and check in time was long.

Comfortable big room and very clean

It was spoiled by rude reception staff and poor customer
    • Superior Room

Poor customer service, took 2 hours to bring towels to the room They charge for coffee capsules in the room They charged us 20

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The room service and the reception

A beautiful apartment with great facilities,
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

Drawers to put your belongings

Location,ground floor with beautiful views of the ocean

Great ladies at reception

Location and finishes of the accommodation.
    • Budget Double Room

The check in took a little longer than expected.

Location and finishes of the accommodation.

no problem--adequate and comfortable for a place to sleep after a busy day
    • Studio Apartment

noise from camps bay drive

big airy room

Great stuff and excellent location !
    • Superior Room

Great stuff and excellent location !

It was a lovely stay

Unpleasant
    • Studio Apartment

Room was dirty. Pictures look way nicer on the website. Staff wanted to charge me twice for wifi.

need improvement

?????

????

Had a great time and enjoyed the stay
    • Budget Double Room

Room was not being swept on a daily basis.

Perfect stay at great location near the beach
    • Studio Apartment

Perfect service at the reception by host Gary

Laid back and comfortable. The staff were friendly and accommodating and made us very welcome.

Website said rooms had kitchen or kitchenette. This room had just a kettle and mini fridge.

The location and the friendly ambience

• Studio Apartment

Nothing i fully enjoyed my self

The Welcome was for me the best Gary was tbe guy who help us Gary you Rock digo wo wer

Awesome stay in Camps Bay

All great

Kyle was Awesome Host

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Super noisy.
    • Studio Apartment

Super noisy...woken up by noise every night

could to with AC

The environment and position of the room was perfect.
    • Studio Apartment

I booked a studio apartment, but options to the room were not given

The environment and position of the room was perfect.

Ok spacious but staff are friendly but desperately undertrained

Rats . Phone call post stay to say we owed R100 after we settled bill on arrival

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Clean and tidy

Nothing put me off

Close to beach

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Not worth the money
    • Budget Double Room

I was given a wrong room it was after I complained they gave me the right room. WiFi capped to zar50,my first apartment without free WiFi bad

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Relaxing
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only thing I did not like we had to buy our own toilet paper and shampoo and form bath we were given small ones on arrival

The sea view

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Location!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment (2 Adults)

Nice place in a nice area! Wifi was uncapped at ZAR 50 for the whole stay and it eas reasonably fast!

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Well Located

Perfect Location!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Great value and location in Camps Bay

great location and excellent location

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

i enjoyed every bit
    • Studio Apartment

i loved e seaview waking up to e sound of e ocean everything was jus perfect