Reviews of Cape Town Lodge Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

101 Buitengracht Street, 8001 Cape Town, South Africa

#77 of 152 hotels in Cape Town

4.5

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

A perfect place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I am not trying to be nice. There was really nothing I did not like. I did not have even little problems during my stay.

I am always honest in booking.com and I take it serious when I give scores about my accomadations. My score is 10 for this hotel because everything and everthing was over my estimation during my stay. People are perfect. I felt very comfortable to contact with them for anything anytime. Facility is awesome. Internal designs of the hotel and rooms are very modern and colorful. They have a good restaurant. Location is great. I could walk everywhere.

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Awesome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

hahahaha tempting us with the sweet things in the room :)

It is exactly how you see in the pictures. Stunning and modern. Loved everything, the warm rooms and the area is central. We are soooo booking it again.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Central,

Would have liked to have had FREE WiFi

Well run establishment with everything you need. Very central. Park your car and Uber all over Cape Town. Easier than trying to find parking and paying much more than the Uber fee. Also walking distance from the CBD. Would have liked to have had FREE WiFi

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

My stay was good but they can do better especially on Communication.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I did not like the fact that most of the information was not well displayed for example I was shocked when I was told at the property that my bill did not include WiFi. it was not so obvious on the website. I also need an invoice from them but they are not responding to my emails ( bad communication)

I liked the clean nature of the rooms and the fact that one always meets it well organised after returning.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Location is more than perfect.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Heater never worked and it was so cold in the room. There was an instruction and I tried so many times but still didn’t work(I did not call them up to fix in the mid of the night). They must be getting so many call that’s why they have put notice on ‘how to use extra heating system’ . They could keep mini bar or at least water in the room (kettle and tea bags were there but you have to use tap water). Go with your own drinks(there are vending machine on the way too. Now I know why...)

Location is more than perfect. No need to use shuttle. It’s adjacent to the airport and just 3 min walk after exiting. Staff is very nice and welcoming. Smooth check in. For the early flight next morning, it was perfect. Very clean too. I will definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

It was marvellous less expensive
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was a blackout only in my suite

Service excellent the bar fridge stack with beverages an there was nice goodies on hand Bed an pilliws was comfortable

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Mountain views from my pillow
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

That I didnt have more windows 😉 (giggles)

Waking up to such a beautiful view it felt like I did a hike up both sides of the mountain range while lying in bed as that's how long I stared.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

I went to royal atlantic for 7 days and 1 day at cape lodge .but will definitely go back to cape lod
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Too much alcohol displayed. There was a parking fee that was expensive and not sufficient bays provided. Not sea facing

Extra large bed was requested and hotel provided it staff were friendly and accommodating. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

• Superior Double or Twin Room

Beware pick pocketers a n town. If they say they like your shoes don’t look down and don’t let them tell you to buy a coupon or a ticket from anywhere. You can get it at where you are going. I didn’t like that I couldn’t cancel the other hotel, 25 on Fitzpatrick, even though they cancelled on me due to a water problem and booking.com wanted to charge me a cancellation fee. It was the only options to choose. The hotel was very nice though. Nothing bad about it

Was nice clean and a good breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

Location is awesome.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Have to buy Wifi voucher at crazy rates. Adding free Wi-Fi is one of the things that make hotel stays just more adaptable when you need to do business.

Location is awesome. Bed is so comfortable. Room was overall impressive.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Central location, handy for most major attractions.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Limited parking, with a R70 per day charge. Although some rooms were advertised with mountain or sea views, we only had an internal courtyard.

Central location, handy for most major attractions. Well maintained, good quakuty furnishings. Decent sized rooms.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

it was reasonable despite the shoddy service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Service at reception was slow and cumbersome. There were staff issues. I noticed that Booking.com deducted money from my credit card and the hotel also deducted money; so I double paid.

The rooms were in a pristine condition

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

MY STAY WAS PERFECT
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

REFRESHER COURSE FOR FRONT DESK OFFICE, MORE ESPECIALLY BLACK PEOPLE.

CAPETOWN LODGE HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO BE, RIGHTLY LOCATED, CLEAN AND QUITE REFRESHING.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

The property was clean and peaceful
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Made an additional (one day) reservation to be paid in cash but was deducted from my credit card I have used for the original reservation which I did not like.

The property was clean and peaceful

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Ok, if you must. Beware of hidden costs and unresponsive staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff service and someone working on Sundays!!!! The hotel is ok, the staff is not responsive. My flight was delayed, I informed them on time and asked for a rebooking of my transfer. Nobody showed up at the airport, and they wanted me to pay nevertheless, cause "Sunday no-one works at reservations" - by that time it was Monday 3pm, as my flight had been delayed 24 hours. It took 3 instances of discussion with staff and management before I finally was not charged for what was not delivered and while they said I would not have to pay they tried to smuggle it on the final bill again. Also: wifi is extra voucher cost and works only in lobb. breakfast, if not booked with room, is as nearly as expensive as the room itself. Better pop into a cafe at the back of the building.

The hotel is ok, the staff is not responsive. My flight was delayed, I informed them on time and asked for a rebooking of my transfer. Nobody showed up at the airport, and they wanted me to pay nevertheless, cause "Sunday no-one works at reservations" - by that time it was Monday 3pm, as my flight had been delayed 24 hours. It took 3 instances of discussion with staff and management before I finally was not charged for what was not delivered and while they said I would not have to pay they tried to smuggle it on the final bill again. Also: wifi is extra voucher cost and works only in lobb. breakfast, if not booked with room, is as nearly as expensive as the room itself. Better pop into a cafe at the back of the building. The restaurant though was good.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

I left relaxed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the decore is beautiful and the overal ambiance relaxing. The staff is friendly and the fridge and snack tray had all my favourite goodies. and i had a perfect view of table mountain.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Close to everything, in the CBD and extremely helpful staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I did not personally stay here, but I booked it for my parents. They still cannot stop talking about how well they were treated here, the standard of the facilities, and generally how much they enjoyed staying here. I visited them while they were staying here and was totally jealous. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

The staff cancelled one of our rooms stating that the hotel...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff cancelled one of our rooms stating that the hotel was fully booked and then quickly said there was a room when they realized they cancelled the room without notifying us.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Location was amazing, got a great room with an amazing view...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Need to pay for WiFi which was not anyway a big issue. However front office staff need to have a better communication with each other in shifts as every time I come down to check or make payments non of them are updated and in fact I was charged extra for breakfast and luckily I checked the bill before checking out and I made sure that the staff recheck my tab before laying out the bill and asking for payments.

Location was amazing, got a great room with an amazing view as requested. Thanks to Sandra who was able to grant our needs as requested. The breakfasts was also good, room was cleaned everyday. Would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Would highly recommend the hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The restaurant (Butchers Grill). Ate here on my last night and it was not pleasant. Was shown to a table and then forgotten about. Took about 20 mins for someone to ask whether a waiter had attended - and the place was empty, save for a few tables. Tables seated after me got their drinks and food first. The food was also very disappointing. This was unfortunate for my last night of an otherwise really awesome weekend away.

The room was great, and spacious. Everything was immaculately clean, and yet very cosy, not sterile. And the central location meant an Uber was no more than 2 mins away at all times. Really pleased!

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

Averages

The person at the front desk didn’t greet with a smile and wasn’t really welcoming. Felt more of a hassle than a guest. Rooms aren’t really spacious and the tabs in the bathroom weren’t fully functional

Beds are extra comfy, rooms are neat and tidy.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

A 'have to go back' experience

I have nothing to add.

The perfect located hotel in the heart of what's happening in Cape Town. The staff are amazingly helpfull. The Butchers Grill kept us full and satisfied at dinner and room service was sharp. We had a huge room for the price we paid, can only imagine what the lofts must look like 😍. Will definitely be staying here again!!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Nice room, clean and centrally located
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I wasn't aware that a room deposit had to be paid when I dropped my daughter off for her TEFL course, even though I handed across my credit card for them the take an imprint of it, after asking whether everything was in order. (We also left a piece of luggage at reception to be collected later). When my daughter checked in later that afternoon she was told to pay the room deposit. Customers should be made aware of this upfront - it was very inconvenient.

A lovely surprise for the price paid for the room. The hotel is very nicely decorated and the room was extremely clean. The location was very good and the restaurant at the hotel is excellent. I would return.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Absolutely awesome
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing was wrong.

VERY CENTRAL. VERY CLEAN. EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY. EPIC VERY ON TABLE MOUNTAIN. STAY HERE EVERYTIME WHEN I VISIT CAPE TOWN

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

The fact that they have smoking rooms and Good location.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I book and request smoking room but instead did not get for my total stay it was an inconvenience for me.

The fact that they have smoking rooms and Good location.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Bad experience
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My first trip to the hotel was fine but the staff gave me attitude

Terrible staff they were racist got a room I was not booked started knocking for check out as early as 9

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

excellent staff service.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Couldnt check in a little earlier. The room was not ready for such a big place. More sugar n tea pls.

The security staff and porters were amazing. Truly great service.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

It was value for money and an excellent place to stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The location was superb. Thoroughly enjoyed the cleanliness of the place and everything was detailed and definitely worth all the money spent. Will be back soon!

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

Memorable stay and will be back again!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The internet vouchers they give out. Rather than give out vouchers which is outdated, I recommend having open wi-fi access for guests just like other hotels do.

The staff are friendly, the rooms are quiet. The Famous Butcher's Grill within the hotel is an excellent restaurant (very popular), breakfast and lunch are very good too. Great value for money too which is what I like.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2018

What a lovely place!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

What a lovely place!! So beautiful and quiet, it offers everything you need to relax. The host, Cheryl is just amazing, she was very helpful and welcoming. I would always come back!!

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

It's the first place I check for availability when coming to Cape Town for work.
    • Deluxe Suite

Some of the wooden room furnishings are a bit OTT. The pool is filled to brim in water-scarce Cape Town, but was not accessible on a 30 degree Celsius winter's day "due to the season". The dining hall is somewhat cramped and you wait for elevators if busy. The reception staff were somewhat curt.

Upgraded me from a De Luxe room to Penthouse at no cost. The room was huge, luxurious and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Nice journey in Cape Town
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool is very small for a hotel that is this big.

The staff was very kind and professionnal. This is a nice building and it is well located. In front of the main houses of Bo-Kaap, next to a ice cream shop, a coffee shop (if you don't want to have breakfast in the hotel), the Company's garden and the main streets of the city center. Great view from the hotel on the rest of the city and on the moutains surrounding.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

I was recommended a hotel and got the name wrong ending up here. Sometimes you get lucky.

...having to leave!

The room, nah apartment was sumptuous. The staff were bright friendly and courteous . The car parking was convenient and well priced. The breakfast was delicious. The Wi-Fi was concessionary.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Room spacious and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not happy because I left an iphone charger cable and adaptor and another multi charger in the room when I phoned them the next day I was told by housekeeping nothing was found. Breakfast very disappointing seems like made at 6.00am and by 9:30am all is cold (bacon hard eggs cold)

Room spacious and clean.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

The view from the from was extraordinary, we can see the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The view from the from was extraordinary, we can see the table mountain front of our face. location is perfect as most of the visiting places in the city center is just some mints of walk away.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Lovely, relaxed weekend. Would go back anytime
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We requested a later check - out time. At the reception the lady (not mentioning any names) didn't even make a effort to check if it is possible.

Loved the whole vibe at the hotel.The bed was really comfy and the view from our room - WOW

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

It was just ok.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I did not like the room which we where allocated, the view was obstructed by other buildings. Also the parking was so congested. Also i did not like the lighting in the room it was poor.

I liked the location of the hotel.

Good stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking nightmare as always and you must pay for it. Sometimes the water is not as hot as it should be. Paid wifi very expensive should be free.

Very clean. Great housekeeping. Good value for money. Fast service if there is a problem. Good fast room service

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

I really enjoyed my stay, everything was beyond my...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One of staff was very unfriendly, he almost ruin all my day but except that evereything was perfect

I really enjoyed my stay, everything was beyond my expectations, very clean, friendly staff and very good location

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Good for a couple of days. Value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Internet is not free. The parking is small for all the vehicules, they ask for the key and Park it too close to the walls and other cars, too risky.

The room was clean and tidy. Comfortable beds. Great Location. Cheap parking (R70/day)

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

For this price, could have found better place.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

WIFI is not free. Parking is not free. Breakfast is not included in package. These things could have been told to us upfront. Locality not that great especially after dark.

View from the room very nice. Spacious room

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Spectacular suite and memorable stay we will be back :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had an amazing stay thank you to Reception staff and management they upgraded us to a spectacular suite. Staff are amazing and friendly and on site Restaurant serves excellent meals . Location is perfectly central and easily accessible , we will definitely be back :)

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

Location, parking opportunities, staff, cleanliness, price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The windows were not ergonomic, cold wind was coming inside the room even they were absolutely closed. Some money taken from our wardrobe, you should put your valuable things in the safe. We told the management about that situation, they didn’t do anything.

Location, parking opportunities, staff, cleanliness, price.

Will be back :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I think the communication can be a bit better. I have sent 3 email and still waiting for a reply on the first email. The payment instruction was a bit confusing as I paid double due to following a link and them processing my credit card.

Room was spacious and had everything we needed.

It was fantastic
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I was impressed by the size of the room. The colour scheme was quite impressive- didn't expect it to be the same as the pictures I saw on the Internet. 10/10 for that. The bed was comfortable especially loved the cushions. The bathroom was spacious enough. I will definitely book again for a stay for longer this time.

Never again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pillow offer two types.. parking.: n the manager was treated like a criminal because I lost my card upon check in

The pillows are too high hardly slept.. I wake up with a sore neck n my back hurt. Tired without the pillow the next day worse.: wanted to extentend ended up at Airbnb

Excellent Hotel in the CBD
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable and clean. Everything looks nice. the underground parking was a bit tight but expected in Cape Town. Was an excellent experience. Great location too.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

NEVER AGAIN . NEVER. THEY WILL CHEAT YOU. THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT ITS FULL AND THEY WILL OVERCHARGE
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Sulky Gay temperamental junior managers who are totally unsuited to the job, Downright rude . No style no class and shouldnt be in the hospitality business. Two years ago, I parked my car in the Hotel garage. They demand the keys so that they can rearrange the parking at certain times. I had 4 bottles of French Champange for Christmas and New year Parties. They were stolen from my car and a number of garage staff new about it. Malan, one of the very junior managers simple refused to deal with it. He would not look at the tapes I which were in existence) After many months of writing and complaining, I finally did get hold of the General manager who did apologise but never replaced the French Champange. Avoid this place at all costs.

The smell of cigarette and room service food partly eaten lying in the corridors for 8- 10 hours was disgusting. Even the non smoking rooms had people smoking in them

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Disgraceful and a serious attempt to DEFRAUD me. Whoever heard of an early checkout costing R2500.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We went to Cape Town for very urgent treatment. This is about my tenth stay plus my son twice. We did NOT get the NON SMOKING room booked and requested. We were told tough luck - we are overbooked. The next day we had to stay on for another 2 nights . They told us NOT to extend through Booking.com . Instead as a favour they then charged up R2500 per room per night - no food no breakfast and a Smoking room as well. Complete and utter disinterence, We were not allowed to speak to senior managment. We were told Clare in Reservations had messed everyting up but there was nothing I could do. My wife is very sick and will shortly had desperation surgery to try and prevent her from becoming paralysed. I have a bad heart condition. We could not simply up and move. Utterly disgraceful, fraudulent, dishonest and one of the " Managers there, Malan, is a liar. period Avoid this hotel like the plague. You will be ripped off at every opportunity. The cold and luke warm scrambled eggs cost R170 for breakfast. Even 1 cup of tea and insipid coffee cost the same. Its a rubbish hotel pretending to be 4 Star- but its a 4 Star LODGE Hotel, - VERY BIG DIFFERENCE, This shambles of a rip off gives the Beautiful Cape a very bad reputation.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The food that they put in the room, I think they are trying to temptate us because if u eat you will have to pay. So I think it’s better if they put the food in reception n if you want something you will jst order from reception

I have like everything about the hotel, the staff was so accommodating n friendly. The bed was extra confy I ddnt want to wake up lol 😂. The place is next to everything and it’s safe also we walked from the hotel to V&A waterfront.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

A great place to stay ...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The tv remote control unit did not work so i feel it needs replacement. Also perhaps including international news channels on tv would be great!

Met all my needs in terms of room, bed comfort and shower and off course the tea and coffee provisions.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

I am not staying there again. Highly disappointed.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff working there are unwelcoming and rude. They asked for a deposit for the bar fridge that was in my room. I told them to show me where that was written that he required a deposit then he didn't produce that document. He then came to my room with a plastic bag to remove the alcohol from my room. That was very unprofessional and rude. Even the restraunts service was poor.

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Its very nice place clean very comfortable nice room...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Its very nice place clean very comfortable nice room vonderful breakfast Thankyou Cape Town Lodge Hotel amaizing view from window very good price and quality very nice hotel !!!

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

My stay was not a pleasant one
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The front desk staff or your accounts department made a transfer on my ADCB credit card when it was said clearly on booking.com that it is only a blockage on the card until guest arrives you can decide what option to pay. One hour before we arrived the hotels lets the transfer through without the guests authority. That being said was very frustrating and the staff has the audicity to tell me that how we do it here, that is not acceptable. All that being said I was told it would take two weeks that the money will be back into the credit card account. No free parking is also unacceptable. The first night we paid as for the second night being a public holiday the parking was full so we decided to park outside at the corner of the hotel, not knowing there was no city security and our car was broken into. Basic goods was stolen and R2500/- to repair the window that had been smashed. As for your rooms that needs cleans towels daily your housekeeping manager that picked up the telephone was exceptionally rude telling me that there is a water crises and that you must use the same towel that we have used for almost 2 days. Her frustration in her voice I asked who is speaking and she mentioned its the manager of housekeeping telling me that you should use the same towels. Almost 23 hours of flying and tired as we had no choice to use the towels twice the morning and afternoon and requested cleans towels late the afternoon the next day. I am was in shock as the housekeeping dictates who can and who will get towels in the current problems of the city and hotel. That is not my problem if there is no water and its not an excuse to speak to a guest explaining when and how many times you have used the towels. I was in utter shock. I have requested this to be reversed. My experience was not a good one more importantly there was guests cars parked outside and knowing that there would be a full carpark at the hotel, the hotel could provide security on a public holiday.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Always a joy staying at the hotel, the room just missing a microwave
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The only 2 problems were that I never stayed in a 613 room yet, I normally stay in a room with the bed facing on the opposite side so I needed to adjust a little bit. Also my point is that all is really very well, but would really appreciate it if they could put a small microwave in the room. because we normally buy us something to eat on a day out but cannot warm the food when we eventually want to eat. so my main thing that I don't really like is that the rooms don't have a microwave.

The room was very good and intimate. I always enjoy my stay at the hotel. this is my 4th time visiting the hotel in the last 12 months. Staff is very friendly. and you feel completely safe. the prices are also accommodating.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

It was a great location, everything was in walking distance.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a great location, everything was in walking distance. The room was very spacious and was very clean. Great views and good times. Thank you cape town lodge hotel

Good for a short stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They offer a cheap price but excludes R70 parking per day and R100 for wifi. Be sure to read this in the fine print.

Was in a good location easily accessible to town and the waterfront

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

ITS THE BEST GET AWAY IF YOU NEED A BREAK..
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

BED AND CLEANLINESS AWESOME..LOVED THE EXTRAS IN THE BATHROOM ..MY PARTNER WANTED TO STAY LONGER BUT WE ALL HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES..THE PILLOWS ON THE BED WAS SO COMFY..WISH I COULD STAY THERE MORE OFTEN..

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Please attend to special requests in future and advise guest if requirement cannot be met
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I booked on booking.com. There was a drop down list where I selected that we want to book a room with a queen size bed. To our surprise we were booked into room 834 with two single beds. I went to reception to adress the issue/showed them my booking where I was advised that the hotel is unfortunatley fully booked for the night - this was dissapointing.

Great facilities, good restaurant, average service from staff.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

My Stay was Totally Awesome, a Complete Bliss.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I Loved The Warm and Friendly Staff that Treated Me with Respect and Dignity. They Professional and will Do anything to Make Sure The Customer is Happy. They tend to My Queries immediately with immediate results...

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Terribly disappointing, gland it was only one night
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Entire place smelled of smoke, the aircon blew smoke into our room, still suffering from running noses, it was a horrible health hazard, especially because I particularly sent an email asking for a smoke-free room. The corridors and passages all smelled of cigarette or cigar smoke! I booked a double-bed, was given 2 single beds, when I phone I was told I could not be swapped. what a nightmare

its location in the Cape town CBD and close proximity to V& A Waterfront and Table mountain

Rooms comfortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The reception staff were not overly friendly or helpful. This is no reflection on the porter staff as they were lovely. You had to pay for wifi which R100 for 500mb of data which did not last long.

The hotel was in a good location and comfortable and clean. We order room service which was prompted and delicious. Mini bar included in the room.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Worst service I ever had out of all hotels I stayed at.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No porters on arrival in parking areatarea assist. Parking is bad and still had to pay for it. Security not helpful in assisting with where to park ECT and also very unprofessional. Didn't get a proper welcome on arrival. Manger on duty was very unprofessional on the phone when called from room to speak to her about a longer stay. Room shower wasn't working, also no plug for bath so had to use basin to wash.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Hotel is clean , beautiful. Lighting in roons mus be added. Reduce the price of food

Food is expensive

Wings but they were very expensive, 3 wings alone without chips or green salad can’t be 70 rand. Please reduce the price or add chips or salad

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

Not worth it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool area was horrible. We booked on a special, there was no free wifi. Wifi was very expensive if you wanted to buy time on it. The lobby was decent but the room was horrible. We didn’t even stay the night.

Not much. Photos was much nicer than the place is.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2018

The hotel is with gorgeous views of table mountain and lions...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

눇The hotel is nice, my only problem is the fact that they sell their WiFi. Upon my request for WiFi I was told my package didn't include it, I wish I had known that prior to booking, in this day and age it is unacceptable that one has to pay for WiFi at a hotel.Oh ya, and you have to pay for parking daily.

The hotel is with gorgeous views of table mountain and lions peak.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Comfortable and pleasant.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Our mini bar was not filled up with water after we had used up what there was. Two calls to reception with reassurance it would be sent up and we eventually went to the bar and bought water ourselves.

The porter staff are excellent - very helpful and friendly. Very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

MY WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I hated my stay at this hotel. The service was worse than a one star hotel. Staff are rude and obnoxious, guests are treated shabbily and in a very disrespectful way! The parking is ridiculous, you have to double park or leave your keys with staff who are unlicensed drivers to park your vehicle in the basement. The hotel does not have room service, just a crappy restaurant that provides terrible room service meals. The wifi cost is exorbitant, what a rip-off!!!!!

I hated my stay at this hotel. The service was worse than a one star hotel.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Delayed check in
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The lady who helped us at reception was very dismissive. The room was not ready so we could only check in after 40minutes of waiting.

Distance from restaurants

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

I would never stay in this hotel again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking was charged for and total lack of space, I sometimes waited 30 minutes to get my car out after 7 other cars had been re-positioned. No internet unless you pay extra for it

Central location

• Reviewed: March 31, 2018

Good location, poor service
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Paying for WIFI in a 4* hotel? On the bill where 5 drinks we didn’t used. Staff had to deal with allot of complaints and didn’t responded very well on that. So called manager ( with the teeth) was very rude. Would not recommend this hotel.

Good location, clean room

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Confortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

there is no free wifi. come on! It is 2018, you can not continue to charge usd10 online for a few megabytes.... one star hotels give you free wifi and also water. They charge you everything here. It does not seem kind to me.

the cleanliness and comfort of the room and the bed. People las nice

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

I wished extra effort was made to get the room ready, after overnight flight.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No free WIFI available, was very inconvenient as not able to message home of safe arrival, until you sign up for a whole package in hotel, hence frustrating as only staying one night. Most hotels offer free Wifi. Had to wait for 4 Hrs until the room was ready after an overnight flight. Staff not that helpful.

Bed was very comfortable coffee/Tea in room was good and appreciated

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

You have to pay for wifi. My room had a weird smell, kind of like someone had been smoking in it but not quite. The pool is very small. The elevators are very confusing to get to the gym and poil.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was massive. The gym and pool area were nice. Location is great.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

I am not going to stay there again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Parking, internet and breakfast is not included, overpriced. Parking area is too full in the mornings, they park lots of cars and you need to make them move the other cars to go out. At least they should provide free parking because it is not safe to park outside. (I spent whole day in the police station last year in the same area, because someone broke into my car) They were painting the tiles in the enterence hall and we were about to poisoned in our rooms at the 8th floor. You can find better places to stay like guest houses or boutique hotels which provides safe parking, free wi-fi, free breakfast and more comfortable rooms with a better price.

In the city center, good location. You can find good food, drinks and places to buy some gifts arround. The location is also just near the Bo Kaap which is a good place to take photos. The historical mosques of the Bo Kaap is near the hotel. Ladies at the reception try to be helpfull.