Reviews of The Ritz Cape Town

corner of Main Road and Camberwell Road, Sea Point, Three Anchor Bay, 8050 Cape Town, South Africa

Read more- opens a dialog box

Very very unsatisfactory - have already NOT recommended to my friends
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff while friendly were not what you would expect from that type of hotel. We have stayed in many hotels and this was by far the worst. The finishings of the hotel were tacky - the black chrome and glass could not cover up poor workmanship. The elevator door is old and scew and the elevator was shaky at best. The rooms view was the best of t he lot - the bed semi comfortable and the bathroom nice although the hot water was tepid. The DSTV also was grainy and did not initally work. When I called reception, there was no answer and then I called the landline and still no answer. Had to go down to reception.We were also charged R60 for parking which was not even undercover. When we left the next morning, the concierge had to open the boom as there was no security present. An utterly disappointing experience

The staff was friendly

Comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

I struggled to get hold of room service in the morning for coffee - just rang and rang, tried reception which also just rang and only on second try did they answer. Happened before but it is not that major of an issue to me. Also no hairdriers or showercaps in rooms. However if you phone reception they bring a hairdrier. Also building site on side of our room and they started at 7h20 with the noise...not cool. At breakfast, they brought toast but no butter; the food was good though. Just tiny things here and there that bothers me but I understand it is a relatively new hotel and might still experience growing pains...but overall I would stay there again.

Adam went through a lot of trouble to show us around (upstairs restaurant anc champagne bar), and making us feel welcome. I feel he is an excellent staff member to have for any hotel. The rooms are very clean and I like the decor. Bedding crisp and comfortable.

Good value for money, friendly staff, great location
    • Luxury Double Room

- No bottled water in room (received at turn down); - Tap water brown; - No buffet breakfast, although this was advertised

- Neat, and clean premises; - Friendly staff; - Value for money; - Good location

Not worth What we paid for it
    • Suite

The hotel and rooms and hotel were not that clean and looked unneat. We stayed in the suite and the bathroom was dirty and the toilet roll hanger was broken.

The decor

Amazing and relaxing
    • Deluxe Double Room

Minor things. The decor in the passage leading from the reception was a bit lacking. There was nothing there and the floors looked old. The lifts also looked a bit old from inside. Most of the hotel walls and carpets are black so it makes it very dark in some places. There were events in the dining area some mornings and therefore the guests of the hotel seemed to be pushed aside a bit. Service was slower and there was not as much attention to detail with the food and beverages as with the other mornings.

Really welcoming and great attention to detail. We felt welcome from the minute we drove in. The room and the view was amazing. We loved the king size bed. The staff were incredible and always willing to help. Parking right by the door was great. The full English breakfast was to die for. Top of the ritz was a once in a life time experience. Great weekend all in all. Will definitely go back in the future. 😃

nice lobby, nice room, amazing view.
    • Suite

Breakfast was the only negative point about the hotel. They serve it on a "a la carte" system, options are limited and the quality is poor. Defenetely they must improve breakfast because it is their most weak point.

nice lobby, nice room, amazing view.

Capetown April 2018
    • Deluxe Double Room

The extractor fans in the bathroom don't work and there's no shower door so the bathroom floors get flooding during a shower.

The most friendly and accommodating staff.

I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. I am definitely going back. :)
    • Luxury Double Room

The fact that you have to pay for parking everyday, I feel they should state when making reservations that you pay for parking, or they must just include everything, because I find it ridiculous to pay R60 daily.

The rooms are Very stylish, beautiful and clean. The food was great.. I love it

We love the room and the view and had a comfortable stay.
    • Luxury Double Room

Everything was great, however i booked through booking.com and did not realize that i had to pay for parking. I suggest when a person checks in they are advised. Give us the choice.

The breakfast was good but more of a variety would be better for instants, hash browns,flap jacks with syrup and cream, potatoes, french toast would have been nice. The bed was very very comfortable although i had to ask for softer pillows.

I was blown away by the incredible & friendly staff. Will definitely be going back soon!
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was construction going on across the street and it sounded as if it was right next door. The sound travels through the hotel so unfortunately it woke me up due to everything starting at 7:00.

The bed was so comfortable and the service was incredible.

Definately one of the finer hotels i have stayed at.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was very disappointed by the breakfast it was plain and simple.

Excellent views to wake up to in the morning, in a very comfy bed. Staff is extremely friendly and welcoming.

breakfast is poor on serving and no varieties ?? showers open to bathroom which make big mess in bat
    • Deluxe Double Room

staff are so smiley and friendly, location is an excellent

location, friendly staff, all market needs are closed bye such as restaurants and other shops like Woolworth food shop

Overall the stay was excellent. Sedick at the front was amazing. Treated very well.
    • Deluxe Double Room

room not made up a few times; internet down a bit, fire alarm triggered. Also, reservations are not refundable which I did not like. Could not make any changes.

Rooms were very nice as was the breakfast. Staff very professional and friendly.

Loved the decor and restoration of the hotel...in the end the small things made it not satisfactory.
    • Luxury Double Room

When I booked in there was no bedding on the bed. The guy that helped me with my luggage immediately called housekeeping to rectify. 1 and half hours later still no response. I phoned housekeeping/room service no one answered the phone. Then I phoned reception and they helped. After which I first got a call 10 minutes later from housekeeping and I explained again the issue of no bedding. When you flush the toilet it makes a noise afterwards - thought it might be the water restrictions - so I asked housekeeping - it is a faulty toilet. The cushions on the bed was sponge cushions and really hard - I phoned and asked for softer cushions - the response was that they do not have feather cushions in stock yet - they are waiting for it. At least housekeeping came and removed the sleeve of the cushion to try and help. No water in my room. It arrived at 8 the evening. I ordered room service - chicken schnitzel was not the best and no sauce that goes with it. I ordered the fresh fruit and sorbet too - no cutlery. At that stage I was just too tired to try and phone again. I was really looking forward to my stay at the Ritz - as I have been following the story of the revamping, but alas I am not sure if I will stay there again.

The views are spectacular.
    • Suite

Perhaps more could be done to encourage customers to save water. But everything else was superb.

The views are spectacular. The DJ at the pool on Sunday created a lovely vibe. The bed was super comfy. The breakfast spread was yummy. Try the omelettes! And if you run, pack your gear because the promenade is on your doorstep!

It’s good- but not a Ritz standard
    • Deluxe Double Room

Pillows were too big and not comfortable No hair dryer in rooms Old elevators Ran out of shower gel on my last night Used parking then at check out realized I had to pay Although the hotel was empty hat week seems like things were not working well with my stay there

Like the art and decoration, very modern , very “instagramer”

Excellent stay.

Nothing. Loved everything.

The staff is too good. The location of the hotel is the best. All halal restaurants are close by. Tyron and Siddick are the best staff.

The staff was friendly in the beginning.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff was friendly in the beginning. The hotel was well aware that the Cape Town Cycle tour was on and that the people will book out late. None of this was a problem the day prior. The Check out day was a different story! They called to pressure us to get out of our room and when leaving the gent could not even look me in the eye! I will not stay there again. The hotel lifts were constantly out and we did not feel safe using them either. Other than that the room was neat and clean and the rest of the staff was always friendly.

Expected more for the price
    • Luxury Double Room

1. Requested a hair dryer in the morning (8 March). Waited half and hour and it didn't arrive. Had to leave for breakfast. 2. Paying R 60 for overnight parking. Should be included in the high price 3. Swimming pool green 4. Room very small

The cleaning staff in the room need to be more thorough when...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room service menu was small. The staff were unaccommodating when I requested a simple toasted cheese.

The cleaning staff in the room need to be more thorough when cleaning.

Simply perfect!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast buffet could have had more choice, and the shower was open meaning the bathroom flooded easily. But these are minor issues and didn’t at all impact how I felt about the stay!

Service was impeccable! The interior hip and trendy, comfy bed, the view was stunning. The pool area was amazing! The champagne event on Sunday was the icing on re cake.

Breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room

My floor (12th) has a urine like smell. It smelled very bad my friend said it might be th smell from the ocean I don’t know but there was a bad smell especially in the hallway and in my room

Breakfast. Very friendly staff. Great location and amazing views. Good food from Casa and amazing space.

Great stay
    • Luxury Double Room

More improvents on the lunch/dinner menu

The breakfast in the morning was to die for... friendly stuff as they attended to our every needs. The guys at the door they Would greet u very nicely. And their uniforms very clean and tidy. The view was amazing and the room was perfect

Exexutive and comfortable stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

If I would complain anything, that would be the pool isn't heat controlled and doesn't work at night! Apart from that there isn't anything I could complain about.

The breakfast was mouthwatering. Staff was very professional and helpful. The seaview rooms give a nice view of the city.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The chairs in the room are uncomfortable and the rooms could do with proper side boards on both sides of the bed.

The staff are very friendly and helpful.The rooms are comfortable.

Overall we had a nice stay and will visit again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Long life milk was rotten in both rooms. We suggest recalling all. The elevator needs work, the mirror was cracked and a tile missing. It had a feeling of not being safe (small shudders). The dinners were too expensive we ate elsewhere.

Price was reasonable, lovely views. Breakfast included was good. Staff friendly. We were surprised with an evening gift of chocolates in both rooms which was a nice touch.

Very nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

We stayed next to ellevator. It kept me out of sleep Parking not suitable for bakkies Children running at 23:00 in corridors No room service in morning

Nice view Friendly personnel Involvement if management and quick response Personnel relationship was builded within 5 minutes Management works very hard

Perfect place to stay in Cape Town!
    • Deluxe Double Room

A few rooms in the hotel are still under construction but it didn't bother at all. It was actually nice as it wasn't that busy yet :)

Lovely staff and perfectly located in the heart of Sea Point. Pick up service from the airport and they arranged a rental car, which was excellent. Only steps to the boulevard and free parking with our car. Beach and city only few minutes drives away. Sedick the hotel concierge is the best in town he gave us the best tips for traveling around and gets you booked in at all the restaurants! The pool area 'Casa' is super nice! Great for kids too with a huge playground. I have beautiful view over the ocean form the 16th floor, highly recommended! Wifi was super fast (even by the pool:) so it was perfect cause we also needed to get work done.

Stunning refurb, waiters at CASA need more
    • Luxury Double Room

There was no bottled water in the room? I also booked a room with a bath and was allocated one with a shower. Mini bar wasn’t filled.

Food at CASA was delicious! Waiting staff need more training. Kitchen door needs a mechanism to stop it banging as waiters enter and exit kitchen. Porters were amazing, friendly & knowledgble.

They charged my credit card and denied it. When they refunded, it was less than what they charged
    • Deluxe Double Room

Please do not pass on your credit card details to this hotel.they charged my card despite having settled the bill in cash and denied charging the card. When I confronted them with proof from my bank they refunded less than what they charged. It was so frustrating to follow up with their finance team. Very unprofessional in how they handled this issue. I do not advise anyone to stay here or pass on your card details to this hotel. They also had an issue with their sewage as the smell would fill up the bathrooms despite having just completed renovations.terrible place.

Cassim Stay at the Ritz: 25 Dec - 06 Jan
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms were smaller than expected. A few teething issues since seeing it’s a newly renovated hotel and the busy period.

We stayed over from Christmas until the 6 January and what a fantastic time we had. The staff are always pleasant and go the extra mile. The hotel was packed with guests yet we were still treated as if we were the only guests at the hotel. Priority was given to us at the pool area (CASA) throughout our stay despite all the parties and functions taking place. Will definitely be returning.

Overall stay was nice. Sure they will get it right with a little more time.
    • City Double Room

The rooms need some work, no waste bin, hair dryer and safe gave problems. Our door could not lock. Would add a touch of colour to the rooms and add fabric attached to the lining which is being used as curtains. Brunch for R250 is a bit expensive and very limited.

Staff friendly, nice pool area. Rooms need some more work.

I will definitely book the Ritz again just hope they will give me a room with a working phone
    • Deluxe Double Room

The phone in our room was not working through out our 6 days stay the aircon was not really working well which I reported and asked for a different room but did not see any change and was not given a better room and they took the phone and never returned it. The room was really stuffy it got me down with high fever and flu through out my stay and even now as I am rating my fever is just going down.

I liked all the stuff they were welcoming, respectful and kind through out our stay. The breakfast was great. The view from my room was breathtaking and the service was great I really enjoyed my stay

it could have been better...it will be soon
    • Deluxe Double Room

People not answering phone at front desk and for now no room service available... only two elevator and not working properly. imagine if you are on the 16 th floor but they just reopen I guess they need time to readjust.

The hotel is completely refurbished and redesigned. it as like a Miami style feel and design. Restaurant and pool party are very nice. Amazing Dj and food. Every side of the hotel has Amazing city and Ocean view specially on highest floor. People working in the hotel are just amazing and extremely kind and polite despite the restart challenges.

I was very disappointed the room was very small and no buffet breakfast.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was no buffet breakfast as indicated when I booked.

Short and sweet
    • Deluxe Double Room

Beds are always what I look forward to , super comfy

Nice roons
    • Deluxe Double Room

Being charged R60 for parking on the premises, after spending R3000 on rooms , packet tomato sauce when my daughter had a Burger

Nice roons

The views from my room were amazing
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was dark Feel like there’s not enough lighting

The views from my room were amazing

Wonderful stay with friendly staff.

Nothing I can think of.

The special attention by sending my wife and I a plate of Chocolates to welcome us to the hotel.

It was the loveliest and most memorable stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was most impressed with the polite and friendly staff. This hotel has exceeded all expectations and I will certainly return to the Ritz.

• Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast service was an absolute nightmare!

The room

The breakfast was really good.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A large double bed not two single bed put together, the rooms needs shower.

The breakfast was really good.

Excellent place to stay and value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

All staff extremely friendly and helpful .

4.5
    Darkest and most miserable hotel ever stayed in

Anything.

Worst place I have ever stayed.

Short and sweet :)
    • Deluxe Double Room

Black vanity section may need detailed cleaning,as they pick up marks easily

Both the bed and the view are amazing

great
    • Suite

Night ropes will be a plus

Dinner at the revolving restaurant was excellent. great menu

Welcoming and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Welcoming and friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable. Had a delightful stay. Thank you

Especially friendly personnel

Breakfast was amazing!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The position of the room close to a noisy lift.

Breakfast was amazing!

Enjoyed everything

The staff very friendly

It was lovely
    • Deluxe Double Room

Size of the room and the bathroom could’ve been bigger

The food was amazing and the pool view and the view from our room was also nice

Not what I expected but clean, value for money

Lack lustre, dark, isolated

Staff were very kind

Was ok
    • Deluxe Double Room

The toilet was not clean, my partner and i slept on two single beds pushed together. Not nice at all.

Wifi

Stunning

Stunning

The stay was good everything was nice beside the one room had a bad smell
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room had a foul smell.

Staff very friendly.

The outside entrance of the hotel should be taken care of.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The outside entrance of the hotel should be taken care of. It was very untidy and gave a bad impression of the hotel.

No hairdryer or dustbin in the room

No hairdryer or dustbin in the room

Wasnt bad anyway!
    • Luxury Double Room

The room was too dark for my liking. Should have painted the rooms white instead of black 😩.

The Area in which the HOTEL is located.

I know this Hotel since many years.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I know this Hotel since many years.The elevator is ,even after the renovation, a desaster .

Good

The room the waiter

The Ritz is my first choice for my next visit to cape Town

Nothing to complain about

Everything was perfect

I did not like Jerome

I did not like Jerome

Everything except for breakfast

Everything except for breakfast

Stunning new/old school hotel!!
    • Suite

Stunni g new revamp absolutely gorgeous decor!!

Disappointed. Didn't live up to brand expectation at all.
    • Luxury Double Room

Not as advertised. Doesn't live up to the brand.

Great experiemce, awesome staff.

Lift was very slow.

A fabulous stay . Views from my bedroom of sea and mountains was a delight.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Fabulous location . Staff went out of their way to help. Loved the food at the top of the Ritz - amazing views

Good breakfast;
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff extremely slow; pool dirty

Good breakfast; rooms are decent

It was a nice surprise special the personal very politely and helpful
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only the water in the pool was to cold

A new hotel with very good management

They need to fix coz it's slow very slow

The elevator

The room

Location and restaurant top of the ritz were amazing but level of service was so bad
    • Deluxe Double Room

The service was very very very poor

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Construction site!!
    • Standard Double Deluxe

This place is under constuction and we dont get ourR3 000 deposito back!! We are very unhappy!!

There are also 48 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.