Reviews of Eendracht Hotel 3 stars

161 Dorp Street, 7600 Stellenbosch, South Africa

#14 of 37 hotels in Stellenbosch

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Home away from home in Stellenbosch

That I could not stay longer ☺

The hotel is in an excellent, central position, with welcoming staff and all facilities I required. They also took the trouble to correspond with me before and after my stay, which proves their commitment to exceptional service. The available parking (off street) was also much appreciated. I would love to return and recommend the hotel without reservation.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Loved the hotel, location and staff
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

The room was really nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I ended up with bronchitis and had to stay in the room and they were very concerned.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Excellent service in a fantastic location
    • Family Room

The room was spacious with 3 single beds. It had a balcony and was very prettily decorated. The bathroom was a comfortable size with both a bath and shower. The breakfast was excellent and Tessie's service was wonderful. The staff (Michelle and Wilmie) at check-in were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

A keeper
    • Northern Double Room

Would have appreciated better lighting (rather dark in the room); mugs for hot drinks rather than thick continental crockery - coffee maker? A few rusks?

Fresh flowers at breakfast, ambiance, fresh fruit, safe free parking, location wonderful, block-out curtains, view from my room, warm room on arrival on a very cold evening, efficient front desk process and service, fresh fruit in the room (complimentary). lovely mattress and crispy white linen, clean

A comfortable and homey place to come back to after a day of touring and wine tasting!
    • Southern Queen Balcony

The staff is very friendly and helpful; a very large and delicious breakfast; the bathroom was larger than expected and well lit; the bed very comfy; nice to have the frig in the room! overall, a great place to stay.

Excellence in Stellenbosch ... with a fantastic breakfast!
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

Really hard to find something not to like ... but if I had to nit-pick, a fitted bottom sheet would be better than the flat one (which tends to bunch up).

As always, all round excellence - and once again, among the best breakfasts I have ver had in a hotel accompanied by superb friendly service

Wonderfully welcoming hotel in an excellent location - great breakfast!
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

The bed was comfortable (although maybe a bit on the soft side for my personal liking). The location on a Sunday is quite close to the rather exuberant church bells ... but this would not affect on any other day.

The reception at the hotel was excellent, the room was big and wonderfully located as it opened out onto the pool area, and was very clean, with nice touches like fresh fruit. The Wi-Fi signal was excellent. The breakfast was superb - freshly cooked to request. The location is excellent for tourist access to the town. The parking was secure.

I loved the personal attention at the hotel
    • Southern Queen Balcony

I can’t think of anything

It had lots of character. I loved the historical feel, the Windows and balcony. The breakfast was delicious. Great location.

Beautiful old hotel in a great location.

All good.

Very comfortable, great location for walking to restaurants and shops, very accommodating hosts. I am on a gluten free diet and they bought some delicious gluten free bread for me at breakfast. Breakfast was really nice, and coffee was delicious!

Beautiful boutique hotel with the friendliest of staff
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

As it's set in a historic building, rooms were in the upper floors and it was hard to get to the room with an injured knee...

The location in Dorp street is spectacular. Within walking distance to many shops and restaurants, and with its own secured parking. Staff is very helpful and kind and they assisted us when my friend fell and injured herself in the street. The breakfast was really nice, with continental and hot breakfast options. A little fruit plate was waiting for us in the room, which had a lovely balcony looking over the tree lined street.

Good option for a short stay
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

coffee; it was quite cold in the bathroom (the heater was fine to warm up the room but not the bathroom); there were nearly no space to put your own stuff in the bathroom; view towards parking lots (room 8).

good location in the city center;

Restful
    • Southern Queen Balcony

Other guests were noisy right in front of our room late at night , but that was not the fault of the establishment

Very friendly staff , explained everything clearly and efficiently booked us in.

Great. I just need a business price. I´ve been there a few times and want to keep booking there.
    • Northern Twin Room with Wheelchair Access

This time I was in the outside room, and people go to the pool area to smoke, so my room got a little smoke smell.

Always well treated. great breakfast. great staff. great location...

We enjoyed staying here.
    • Northern Double Room

It would be great to have more parking on site.

The location was great. Staff helpful & friendly. Great to have a night light in the bathroom & sockets for charging phones. Lovely lounge area.

Brilliant - will remember those 2 days for the rest of my life
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

Parking facilities for a hired car

The freshly-baked muffins at breakfast- the overall quaintness of the building - gave me the feeling that I could have been staying at an old, famous overseas hotel

Close to the Main Street of the town and free parking is...
    • Northern Double Room

Our room was facing the main road and it was extremely noisy. Forget about sleeping as from 6am onwards as cars and trucks passing by, will make it impossible. The DOUBLE-bed is only 1.40m in width which made it quite uncomfortable to sleep in with 2 persons. Stellenbosch was amazing but we would not stay at this place again.

Close to the Main Street of the town and free parking is being offered.

Excellent place to stay
    • Northern Twin Room with Wheelchair Access

Keys! way to many keys. We had to use four keys to get to our room after the hotels closes the doors late at night.

Really friendly staff and a great breakfast spread. Lovely old building but very clean. The location is great, walking distance to the center but also a very easy and uncomplicated to get to by car.

A lovely, centrally located hotel on Dorp Street
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

Nothing. They are dealing with the drought as best they can, and while it cannot help but affect visitors, the disruption is minimal.

This is a lovely hotel in a prime location, with very friendly and professional staff members. My room was comfortable and had a balcony overlooking oak-lined Dorp Street. The wifi was fast. The breakfast was delicious, and there was a wide range of options available. I was able to arrange my transport to the airport at the front desk. Stellenbosch is an amazing little city, and the Eendracht Hotel is situated in the middle of the most historic area and within easy walking distance of all the sights.

Excellently located hotel with lovely staff.
    • Family Room

Breakfast wasn't great for myself and my wife (vegetarian and vegan respectively) - it was adequate though (cereals, toast, yoghurts and fruit available). And, to be fair, I get the impression that had we asked for something different they would have made sure we got it!

Staff were wonderful, location is excellent. Cannot fault this place - would definitely stay there again if I were ever back in Stellenbosch!

The hotel is very well situated and the staff are extremely obliging
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

I did find the bed a bit too soft and next time I would like a room upstairs . I found the other guests quite inconsiderate about making a noise at the pool area so I would never stay in the rooms at the pool again

Reception and breakfast.
    • Teenage (Add-On) Room

Not the Hotel's fault, but the visitors were inconsiderate and sat outside at the pool, very vocal and noisy. After a request to keep the voices down, they were still very noisy until after 12 o clock.

Reception and breakfast. Safe parking. Friendly staff and cleanliness.

Comfortable, central location
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Mountain View

Fittings in bathroom showing wear - basin taps loose and spraying water erratically, robe hook loose, shower tap falls off. Management need to go round the rooms regularly (there are only 12) and check for this sort of thing, then get it fixed

Location. Comfortable beds.

Perfect location, helpful staff & very comfortable.
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

Nothing, wish we would have stayed in Stellenbosch 2 nights now.

Beds were so comfortable. Clean spacious rooms. Breakfast was delicious. Location was perfect. WiFi was also v.good. Walking distance to most restaurants & bars etc. Reception were very helpful in booking us on a vine hopper tour.

Charming stay at a house full of History

Nothing to complain.

The location cannot be bit (just perfect), the staff was super polite and kind (they even helped us with our luggage up the stairs), rooms was extremely comfortable, breakfast was great and all this is offered in a historical house, which makes everything even more charming and cozy. We had a lovely stay there and in Stellebosch, making Eendarcht the perfect base for our wine adventures. We definitely recommend this place and want to go back as soon as possible

Great hotel in a nice historic building

Nothing in particular!

The hotel is located in a nice historic building with very easy access from the parking lot. The street is quiet although a very short walk from the animated city centre. Our room was big and comfy. Breakfast was standard but good.

Excellent stay in a beautiful hotel
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

Simply wow! One of the most beautiful hotels we stayed at Western Cape. It perfectly located in Stellenbosch so that all the wine countries and wine producers of both Stellenbosch and Franschoek could be easily reached (including the famous Boschendal estate which is about 10 minutes drive). The hotel has spacious rooms with everything you need. They serve excellent breakfast. A variety of restaurants are within the walking distance. Very convenient and secured parking behind the hotel.

The location was excellent, just walking distance to...
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

The location was excellent, just walking distance to restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room with balcony was perfect for us! The breakfast was more than we expected.

Enjoyed our stay:)

I was quoted R2669.76 and ended up paying R4517.50 VAT Inclusive not sure why as they were very accommodating to us

The Staff where so helpful and accommodating, we will defiantly go back

Moscitos
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

As we entered our room there were a dozen moscitos flying around. After half an hour hunting and killing we left for dinner. As we came back there were again 6-7 moscitos in the room. As we were complaining at the reception the woman denied that they had these problem ever before but send someone who started spraying anti moscito spray in our room. Therefore we had to leave our room for 30 minutes. The woman promised to leave a note for the manager who would do our checkout in the morning. Unfortunately the manager did not say anything regarding our issue. As we have not been bitten during the night and wanted to leave we did not start a discussion during checkout.

The location in Stellenbosch was excellent

Central location, authentic and beautiful hotel, friendly...
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

The hotel is not unforgettable, which is why I would not give it a 10/10, which means to me that it really was an amazing experience. It is simply a good hotel with character and good facilities. + Don't expect to relax at the pool: It is very small and not really worth swimming in.

Central location, authentic and beautiful hotel, friendly staff, nice bathrooms, fair price

Typical Stellenbosch feeling
    • Family Room

Disappointment was to be given a different room from what we booked. Vegetables could be added to the breakfast. There are less parking spots than the number of rooms.

Location, all attractions including restaurants and cafés within walking distance. Very kind staff. We liked the style of the hotel very much.

Exactly as needed. Modestly priced venue in the heart of town.
    • Southern Queen Balcony

Accommodation was limited but clean and well appointed. Good for a couple of nights stay

Friendly and helpful. Modest accommodation but very central to Stellenbosch and surrounded by good wine bars and restaurants. Good car parking.

Nicely located, great staff.
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

The room was a little small. The shower is in the bath tub - not ideal for large persons.

Staff were very friendly and extremely competent. room was clean and facilities were good. Hotel is located in a nice part of town close to good restaurants coffee shops and bars. Breakfast variety and quality was more than acceptable.

Welcoming and Wonderful
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

I stayed at Eendracht (for this last minute trip) as my regular hotel was already full.... and I have to say that I was wonderfully surprised. The location in Stellenbosch is great - it is on busy Dorp Street, but even though I was in a street facing room, I hardly heard anything. The hotel is situated a short-walking distance (which has secure parking) to the town centre... where there are numerous restaurant options. The room was well appointed, in fact very comfortable indeed. The staff were superb - welcoming and helpful. And the breakfast (which included cereals, fruit and cheeses in addition to a freshly cooked hot meal) was one of the best I have had in any hotel for a long time. I will definitely be back.

Very good
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

We had one of the front rooms, which is on a busy road and quite noisy, but was quiet later on at night and morning. Their onsite parking is very limited and often there is no parking onsite, although advertised on their website that there is parking.

It has a very homely and comfortable and welcoming feel. We loved the property because it is one of the first houses in Stellenbosch which was converted. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, would have enjoyed stewed fruit rather than fruit salad every morning, which is an option on the menu, but never offered. Our stay was lovely at this hotel and it is in prime position for walking to all amenities. Will be staying again.

Quaint and friendly little hotel.
    • Northern Twin Room with Wheelchair Access

Aircon (for warming the room) does not work very well, but they brought me a heater and that solved the problem.

Small, friendly and very well situated.

Historical Delight!
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Mountain View

Perfectly located in the leafy centre of Eikestad, our brief stay at this quaint boutique hotel was an absolute pleasure from check-in to reluctant departure. The decor throughout the hotel was a treat; our room was spacious; the staff were friendly; the breakfast was ample and delicious; and, importantly, our bed was perhaps the most comfortable we've slept in. 10/10.

Lovely and comfortable stay in beautiful town
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

Very good location in a good part of town close to shops and restaurants. Lovely and smooth bedding. Room door exits on patio with small swimming pool. Good breakfast.

Won't be going back

The hotel room smelled of smoke (even though it had a'no smoking sign' in it) And the mattress was so spongy it made us sweat all night long (in the winter) can't imagine what it would have been like in the summer We won't go back to this hotel, but we also won't be using booking.com again as the main problem stemmed from this service

there was confusion over the booking due to problems with your website, not their issue. But they did try to insist on adding an extra charge due to whether there were 1 or 2 people in either room. The problem stemmed from your website being unable to add 2 people sleeping in a double room, and 1 person sleeping in an adjoining bunk bed room (as we are a couple travelling with 1 14 year old) I rasied the issue by message to you when I booked, on your website but got no response from you. Once the hotel got involved they were not able to see the problem from our end. They then wanted to insisst on charging us extra, which we refused.

A gem in the heart of Stellenbosch
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

Dining room was a bit cold and draughty .

Staff very helpful and pleasant. Bed very comfortable. Location perfect. Fixed toilet problem quickly. Balcony facing afternoon sun. Breakfast best I've had.

Satisfied but suggesting nightly rates to be revised
    • Northern Double Room

Northern Double Room for 80 USD/night is too small, price/space ratio should be improved.

Location, property decoration, and breakfast were very good

Amazing! I would always come back to stay there again!
    • Southern Twin with Patio

Perfect breakfast, convenient and comfortable rooms, free goodworking wifi, really nice staff and a perfect location in the middle of the city! Nothing to complain about!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Eendracht on the fly
    • Southern Queen Balcony

The linen could have been more suited to winter

Staff were excellent and made me feel welcome.I had to leave early and they took a lot of trouble to give me an early very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Fantastic hotel in great part of town.
    • Northern Double Room

Parking at the hotel is a bit limited, however I had no issues during my stay.

Friendly staff, clean rooms and located in a part of town overrun with vibey restaurants. I had to be at an event super early, for which the hotel offered to pack me breakfast instead - which I think is a super nice touch. I would definitely stay here again.

Picturesque and pleasant in the heart of Stellenbosch

Rooms at the pool are maybe not as private as one could wish but that is a minor issue. The fellow guests were all very considerate.

Friendly and helpful receptionist. Very central and quiet venue. Pretty building and pleasing ambiance.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Easy relaxed stay, excellent wifi. Great base for exploring the wineries.
    • Southern Queen Balcony

Outside space is limited and the pool is tiny.

The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. Very good breakfast and excellent location in town. Very easy to walk to restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Lovely location in the very centre of old Stellenbosch, with...
    • Northern Double Room

Bed was comfortable but a little small. The Main Street location did mean that partying students were heard even if not seen!

Lovely location in the very centre of old Stellenbosch, with very friendly and helpful staff.

We stayed in the student room, which was much better than...
    • Teenage (Add-On) Room

The breakfast lacked freshness and refinement.

We stayed in the student room, which was much better than expected. It's fairly spacious, very clean and not too dark.

Good location in centre of Stellenbosch
    • Southern Twin with Patio

difficult to get a parking space despite the best efforts of staff, eventually parked at a friends hotel nearby had stayed here a few years ago but now it seems a little dated pool is unloved

central location pleasant staff good breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Linen was fabulous, bed very comfortable

The mirror in the beautifully appointed bathroom was so high, we had to jump up to see in it. It was the source of a good laugh.

Linen was fabulous, bed very comfortable Room was lovely.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Northern Twin Room with Balcony

The mini bar hardly kept anything cold and could not make ice. A small fridge would be better.

Lovely old house, staff, cooked breakfast to order, close to town centre, cleanliness

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

A lovely place, just some details need attention.
    • Teenage (Add-On) Room

In summer, I really don't think you can rent rooms without functioning air conditioning. Also, the ventilation in the bathroom was poor so it began to smell a bit by the end of the weekend.

Wonderful location, friendly staff and homely feel.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

A pleasant boutique hotel in a good location
    • Northern Twin Room with Wheelchair Access

A boutique hotel located in the heart of Stellenbosch. All staff are very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. Parking. We had a room on the ground floor, overlooking the pool (unused, of course, as it was end of August). A nice place, will stay again when in Stellenbosch.

The bed mattress was old and you could not sleep on it.

The bed mattress was old and you could not sleep on it. It was so soft and just caved in when lying on it.

Smoking smelly room

Breakfast great and staff

Breakfast great, friendly staff but the room was smelly, the hole time you smell that someone was smoking in the room

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Excellent location and staff
    • Southern Twin with Balcony

Excellent location and staff

excellent!!
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

I have stayed at the Eendracht on many occasions and always been very happy. I find it comfortable, kind staff and good breakfast.

Great location, friendly staff

Great location, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very nice but cold

Very cold in room & staff could not find a dare heater for us.

Style, location & breakfast

Everything.
    • Teenage (Add-On) Room

Nothing... all was excellent!!

Everything... best short stay hotel experience!!

Nice classic building and the city centre.
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

Nice classic building and the city centre. Great breakfast

Wilme great

location and friendly staff

Very friendly and GOOD breakfast

Very pleasant comfortable hotel in the heart of Stellenbosch
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

Was a bit of street noise but not during the night

Lovely hotel with good quality finishes & pleasant staff

Perfection location in the heart of Stellies.

Perfect location.

Beautiful and tranquility

...

Atmosphere and the surrounding alot of scenery. Best place to be when you need time out of a busy city life.

Lovely.
    • Northern Twin Room

Everything was perfect.

The room and the breakfast.

We had a lovely stay wth warm friendly staff.

Supper at hotel?

As we were there in wintrr i must say th room was warm nd we could make use of heater.

Wifi and close to all the restaurants
    • Family Room

Parking a bit difficult but not bad

Wifi and close to all the restaurants

Exceptional hotel ! Everything from location to facilities was perfect. No1 in Stellenbosch.

Everythings Perfect

This is a great hotel with everything one would expect from a well run institution. Cannot find fault.

I love the hotel feels like home away from home The Staff...
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

I love the hotel feels like home away from home The Staff are Friendly and the place is stunning :) for a get away

Amazing!!
    • Northern Double Room at Pool

What a fantastic place to stay! Location is so central to restaurants, wine estates and the city centre. The staff made us feel so Welcome!

Amazing Hotel!
    • Family Room

The hotel is just amazing! It is close to many restaurants, you can walk around and have good time in Stellenbosch.

Lovely
    • Northern Twin Room with Balcony

There was some road noise.

Friendly staff

Tranquil stay at Endracht!

Central, Friendly, Clean and comfortable

• Northern Double Room

Comfortable room , delicious breakfast and friendly staff