Reviews of Glenburn Lodge & Spa 3 stars

Off the M5 Swartzkops Road and in Kromdraai Road, 1747 Muldersdrift, South Africa

#12 of 19 hotels in Muldersdrift

6.2

I will definitely come back with my friends.

No comment.

Friendly staff members, great food & chefs, breathtaking views, &, the sound of the river at night made my sleep more peaceful. Keep up the good work.

Friendly staff, nice area, lovely room
    • Suite

It would be nice to have room service and to have a dinner menu. The limited choices for food are a concern. I would also recommend having the golf carts available for elderly guests who would need to walk up and down or drive to the main areas.

We were fortunate to have booked one of the Suites which were tastefully decorated. As we were there for a wedding we were pretty much with the wedding party. The staff are extremely friendly and the property itself is quite nice.

Glen burn Wedding
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Everything was on point and exceeded my expectations

The location, the service, the scenery, the hospitality was very adaptive to our demands and able to cater to every need

The quiet tranquility makes this the idea break away
    • Garden Suite

The grounds natural water features are not kept clean. Filters will improve or maybe just using a Net to clear the sludge Also the food was luke warm for both dinner and breakfast. The focus may have been on the Wedding and not the regular guests that would return possibly for a weekend break.

The quiet tranquility makes this the idea break away

Everything was just superb , the environment, the room.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

they ran out of soya milk, and didn’t have none dairy alternative. And didn’t offer much variety of vegan/vegetarian options.

Everything was just superb , the environment, the room..

very comfy and cozy rooms, nice property, good for spa
    • Garden Suite

perhaps the only weakness is the dinner buffet. although there is plenty of options, the flavors are not so good, quite generic and bland sauces in many dishes. we had buffet dinner only one night, then we opted for getting a pizza from the pub (very good!) or going for dinner somewhere else around.

room was comfy and clean, tea & coffee available on a daily basis, nice gift wine bottle on arrival. bathroom neat and spacious. the property gardens and surroundings are very clean and tidy, beautiful to walk around. staff is very kind and helpful. breakfast is ok.

I had a great time at glenburn... Heheheheeeeee
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The staff was always friendly and extra helpful. During the week the WiFi was great but during the weekend it became weaker (I extended my stay by the way). The organisation and service is on point, the care for the greenery and nature is wonderful.

Wonderful overnight away from the city
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Meals at the bar: the mushrooms and asparagus in the vegetarian pizza tasted like they had come out of a can and the vegetarian wrap had so much sauce that the vegetables couldn't be tasted.

The staff was excellent, they attended to my every need. I was spoilt with a room upgrade and a late checkout. The views are breathtaking.

Plan surprise for my wife which was nearly turned into a nightmare.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Firstly as you walk in the reception area, it was so full, you had more than 4 people behind the counter and only one greets you while the others carry on chatting about other things of which you can hear. Then suddenly one of them out of no where starts asking you if you've got a driver's license or identity book so as he can make copies, but you are still dealing with this other one who greeted you. I would have appreciated it she went through all my bookings details and confirming them and also telling me that(I see that you also booked for a massage at so and so time) let me call them and inform them that you are here. It was a good thing that I called the spa myself a day before to confirm the time. We also called in to enquire the sleepers, she took forever to come back to us and when she did... She told us that they don't do offer such service. When we asked for our bill after the dinner we discovered that they included a dinner charges as well in the bill but I've already paid for it and when we question it, they just remove it then send the one with the drinks only and we were told that they were still investigating it and no one came to apologize. All what I've just mentioned really left a sour taste in our overall experience especially since it was our first experience coming to your establishment and surprising my lovely wife. I paid for everything in advance so that I can just concentrate on enjoying everything with my wife. I also choose your venue because we stay at Willowbrook Estate and I wanted a place not far away from home, I'm a bit disappointed.

What I liked when I Walked in the room was the rose paddles, and the display on the bed with both of our gowns, the bath mini candles and rose paddles inside the bath and the surprise gift with champagne as I've ordered and that surprise dinner corner table with a heart shapedrise paddles on the floor. The breakfast buffet was very nice not to mention the entire staff.

ok
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

GPS co-ordinates on booking form incorrect -end up Brits area. security door wheelchair ent. at rooms always open no table side of bed no toilet spray or brush. no advise to hand in keys only at last exit

It was worth the outing. Will definitely come back with boys
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The air on was not working properly and the room was cold we had to ask for extra blankets. The breakfast was just good

The venue was superb and the dinner

Fabulous
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Would prefer water in the fridge and extra coffee, milk and sugar for the price paid

Everything, staff so professional. Friendly and helpful. Just a pity the tick shop was closed. Thank you very much

Amazing enjoyed very much
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Television too small for watching sport

Spotless room comfortable big bed the food delicious best ever dinner definitely coming back with my whole family

Friendly & attentive Service from all Resturant and Pub...
    • Garden Suite

On booking in , more information should be provided to you as to what all is available to do and enjoy at the venue.

Friendly & attentive Service from all Resturant and Pub staff

Ok .
    • Garden Suite

The fact that I booked and paid for a room but they wanted to charge an additional R540 for my partner . Refunded when I complained .

The room once we got the one we paid for . I paid extra for a river frontage garden room but was not initially given one , I had to complain .

Stunning place - lovely
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel under some contruction, strong smell of glue or thinners or something used on carpets.

The scenery is beautiful. Staff very friendly and effecient.

Not bad.
    • Garden Suite

WiFi service was very poor. It was off half the time, especially in the rooms. One had to request service from reception a number of timeshare before any action was taken. Laundry service was excellent.

Great service and location.

Please mantain some accuracy, when matching your rooms and prices.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The jacuzzi wasn't working half the time. The caretakers didn't make our bed the whole time we were there. the receptionist was not friendly and didn't give accurate information.

The restaurant staff was fantastic and helpful

Restful and charming. Beautiful gardens
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

Decor dated. Could do with a coat of paint. WiFi poor.

Set amidst extensive and beautifully maintained gardens. Only 30mins from central Johannesburg. Very helpful staff. Try Bellgables restaurant 10 minutes away in the evening. A bit like eating a meal in the British museum. Every table laden with statuary and elaborate objets. OTT? Definitely, but why not. Do not miss the trio of soups.

It was short, but enjoyable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When we started the shower there was a sulfur smell. The carry over of payment from accounts department to reception.

The bathroom was fantastic! The bed was very comfortable

A relaxing stay to shake off our North American jet lag.....

It seemed a little dated in the some of the public areas, especially the rock pool.

The brunch on Sunday was great and the staff was very accommodating whenever we needed anything. The location was very relaxing.

Bad and good. The noise in the middle of the night left a really bad tast in our mouths.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Every times that we were there the staff at reception was not the most friendly type of people. The noise on Friday evening was a big concern and to be waked between 24h00 and 01h00 in the morning because of such a noise is very disappointing. We are timeshare people that lately joined the time share at Askari and this weekend was a big concern for us. We love the GUVON group and received the best possible service in the pass, but will definitely think twice of going to one of there facilities in the future.

The nature and the prices are good. The food never disappoint and the SPA is absolutely fabulous. The staff at the SPA are a few steps above the staff at reception. The SPA is an absolute gem.

Overall, the hotel was quite nice, however, we did expect more for the rate that we paid.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not offer room service, or a mini bar in the rooms (there is a fridge). Wi-Fi is only available in certain areas and there are no hairdryers in the rooms either. The balconies outside the rooms are not big enough for two people to sit on and there wasn't even a chair on any of them, so you can't sit outside your room and enjoy the view of the lovely gardens.

The grounds and gardens are absolutely stunning and Glenburn is situated in a beautiful area where there is so much to do and see. Great facilities within the lodge eg. mountain bike trails, pools, bars, tennis courts, garden games etc. The staff were fantastic! We found them to be very helpful and friendly.

We would recommend to everyone. It is a wonderful lodge and spa and good quality all round
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was absolutely amazing and would recommend to all friends and family. The venue is stunning, the staff are great and the food was excellent. We loved every minute of our stay

We had to keep phoning reception to help with the aircon as...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had to keep phoning reception to help with the aircon as we had no remote .. on our last night I actually went to reception and they just gave me a fan

the breakfast was very nice and the big restaurant area...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The A/C in the room was incredibly noisy, luckily we arrived in cool rainy weather that stayed like that till we left, so it was not needed.

the breakfast was very nice and the big restaurant area allows one lots of free space around you. That, and the soft background music contributes to the relaxing atmosphere. garden area is well kept, and it was peaceful to just walk in the cool weather between drizzles

Setting next to the river was beautiful
    • Suite

Didn't get the room we booked, was half the size! TV didn't work, safe didn't work, phone didn't work! Hairdryer didn't have an adaptor on and no plugs in the room worked with the hairdryer. Staff were very uninterested when we complained about our room.

Setting next to the river was beautiful

THE PRICE PER ROOM PER NIGHT SHOULD INCLUDE BREAKFAST.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

THE PRICE PER ROOM PER NIGHT SHOULD INCLUDE BREAKFAST. THE DINNER RATE OF R220.00 PER PERSON IS ALSO NOT FAVOURABLE. ESPECIALY IF YOU HAVE ALLERGIES AND STILL HAVE TO PAY FULL PRICE EVENTHOUGH YOU CAN NOT EAT AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE.

This was my first visit to Glenburn Lodge & Spa, the venue for a Robin Banks weekend course.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The property needs a revamp though as it's dated and tired. I should have asked for a softer pillow as I found mine rather hard.

I loved the location.

Grounds are absolutely beautiful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sadly the hotel is very old and my room wasn't cleaned properly. My tap had a broken handle which could have easily been fixed. There was a Daddy Long Leg's spider behind the toilet, which for me says it hasn't been cleaned properly. The bathroom towels were so thin from being washed so much and they weren't white anymore, they were grey. The room kettle had so much scale by the spout, it was absolutely terrible. The hotel is in serious need of an upgrade.

Grounds are absolutely beautiful.

Mostly satisfactory and pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bath towels were aged and of poor quality.The dinner only served roast pork and no other roast option. The jacuzzi had an appalling smell.

The spa was very good. Breakfast value for money.

It was just fair

Unexpected breakfast costs.

The bed was not comfortable at all. I was not made aware that it is not Bed and Breakfast when I booked. Had to pay extra for breakfast.

Excellent & great value . Great staff from cleaning to watron to chefs & management .
    • Garden Suite

Staff went the extra mile for us & were really accommodating & helped anywhere they could .. Beyond all totaly honest and trustworthy Staff . We had checked out & my girlfriend had left a valuable & very sentimental item of jewelry in the bathroom , we called and asked for the cleaning lady to look for it and she found it and returned to us . We thank the Lodge Kindly for this . Guvon Group is always a top class win . We will be back . Great food & rooms .

Super relaxing and romantic breakaway close to JHB
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The spa could have allowed us to use their Jacuzzi and steam room as we did book a massage for 2 but couldn't even use the Jacuzzi or steam room to relax in afterwards (this came at an additional cost which is ridiculous). The reception staff at the spa were not friendly which was disappointing as everything else was wonderful

Bedroom was clean, beds comfy and food was exceptional.

Amazing and perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No waiter or phone at the pool area to order drinks, snacks and coffee. But Vusi and the pub staff were so willing to walk from the pub to the pool, up and down with our order. Thank You

Glen Burn Lodge was absolutely amazing. We were impressed with Glenburn from the time we walked into the reception area for the hotel check in. The staff was absolutely friendly and full of smiles, the reception area smelt amazingly lovely. The chef at the buffet dinner was superb, as well as Nomvhulo and Vusi, and Allan did a great job of managing everything with a smile and ease. Very friendly place, great food.

An enjoyable stay in pleasant surroundings with good food and outstanding service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No non-slip mat supplied for shower which is over the bath. Inconvenient only having one bedside table. Bed furnishing need an upgrade - bedcover and blanket (which was a bit small for the bed) are very dated. Room could have been cleaner - had to move the bedside table and found dustballs behind it - carpet had had some unsightly white stains.

The staff are very attentive- I think this is be best feature of this lodge - Saturday night buffet was good and eats from the bar were fine. Breakfasts were great! The grounds are very well kept and there are many paved paths to facilitate walks around the property

lovely place it was
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

loved everything about the place will be back soon

the place is very nice we were refreshed from the city life enjoyed every minute staying there warm jaquzzi excellent,service all was just perfect ladies at reception welcoming and freindly

Dirty and Disappointing we will not return and will not recommend this place to anyone
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This was a disaster from the time we checked in to the lodge. The hotel standard rooms are extremely old and in dire need of renovations. The bath is scratched and appears dirty, the shower head sprays so big that you cannot actually get wet and the toilet is damaged. The towels are tiny and distinctly past their use by date. The bed mattress is old, worn through and uncomfortable. The linen is old, does not fit the mattress and has holes in it everywhere. There are absolutely no amenities in the room such as a basic hairdryer (although in their defense this is not advertised). Housekeeping screams down the corridors at each other at 8am on a sunday morning and comes knocking on my door at 9am when I check out at 10 - surely there is a system where they know the checkout rooms must wait until 10 to clean, this is how most hotels work. I am so disappointed in this experience and will not be returning, if it had not been for the fact that the wedding ended so late we would not have slept over at all the second evening. I would also never recommend people to this lodge. Besides it being in a convenient area for weddings it has nothing else going for it.

The Spa was amazing. The staff were friendly and the entire Spa experience was incredible

Great Stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The furniture is a bit old and would have loved a hair dryer in the room.

The breakfast was amazing and the staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The venue is quite big and beautiful, it had the tranquility we needed.

I was very disappointed.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The room did not look at all like what I saw on the internet. The two beds joined together to make a king sized bed were uneven and made sleeping uncomfortable. The rooms were stuffy and musty. The whole look was very different from what is on the internet. Would not recommend it, and would not come again. Not great value for money at all.

The breakfast and dinner were lovely and the rooms were clean.

Lovely weekend away. Good value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was a wedding and the neighbours kept us awake most of the night

The hotel room was spacious and modern. I liked the breakfast and dinner....big ups to the chefs. The environment was cosy and inviting. The spa was awesome. I enjoyed myself

Perfect blissful delicious relaxing and filled with love
    • Suite

Booking dot com offered me a Max 1 person room when I was booking a couple room for 2 persons!!! Even a summary page - before payment! - there was mention of 2 adults! Only on my confirmation (AFTER MY BANK CARD WAS CHARGED) did it show that I paid for Max. 1 person, meaning I got a shock at checkout to pay for an additional person!!! No, sort this out! I was upset to go over budget and it took away the joy of saving money!

We got the honeymoon suite that we wanted! We felt like king and queen! Enormous place with many activities to enjoy! Staff are all courteous, energetic and friendly! Thank u for keeping ur promises

Really enjoyed our weekend break.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sunday breakfast was over crowded with slow service.

We had a very relaxing weekend in beautiful surroundings, with well maintained gardens and facilities. Excellent food was served by very hospitable staff, especially the dinner on Friday evening, which was superb.

excellent weekend away, value for money, location was great
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shower could have been better

Comfy bed, friendly staff, location was good, excellent view from our room, will definitely recommend to family and friends,

Not worth the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The lodge grounds are very big, and everything is quite far apart. Which would be no issue at all, if you didn't have to pay extra for every little thing available. Simply pooling will cost you R150. The 'Rock Pool' was badly maintained, with leaves, dirt and branches floating about. The jacuzzi was covered up, so we assumed it was off-limits. We ordered two cocktails, a Mojito and a Sex on the Beach. They were terrible, they tasted like water with some soda. We had to send them back, and ordered a coke instead. The barman had the audacity to tell me to "mix the drink and try again". Very infuriating. The food we ordered was mediocre at best (a foodplatter for two). The ingredients tasted like they were bought at the local supermarket, the presentation was mundane. We asked for bread, and 30mins later they finally brought two slices.

The hiking trail is beautiful! And perfect for beginners. (Too bad they forgot to give us the map...)

neat and comfy

no room service. after a certain time in this area nothing is open close by. did not like to drive out and get food.

resort was lovely and peaceful, although there was a wedding it did not disturb us and our stay

Nice setting, tranquil area, awesome spa
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The bathrooms are outdated. Although the wedding venue is far from the hotel, there were some rowdy guests throughout Sunday morning, with no security to assist

Nice setting, tranquil area, awesome spa

Restaurant.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Restaurant.....the food was not proper the oil used was old as it didn't smell good.the bed was uncomfortable and the air con only produced cold air

Great venue for work or play

The WiFi was not wonderful, it would of helped us if the signal was better - we do understand that this is not in the control of the venue.

Our team was hosted by Glenburn Lodge for an offsite work conference. We were delighted by the way in which we were hosted, the staff are helpful, professional and friendly. The conference area was conducive to us working and we loved the popcorn! We ate at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. The quality and variety of food was fantastic. The venue and setting is lovely, so we enjoyed the outdoors during our time off.

The service and the staff were great!
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The bath/shower was very understated. Least favourable experience!

The service and the staff were great! The food was well catered for. A lot of variety

The best place to go for a break!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fact that I didn't have money to book for a longer stayq! LOL

My friends and I wanted a break from Joburg... We got more than what we bargained for! It was lovely! Breathtaking views, spacious grounds! We went crazy with the photos, we changed the place into a photoshoot! Would go back again!

It was great though.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room temperature wasn't great. It was cold yet the aircon for warm air was switched on. U could only feel the warmth only by the door next to the bathroom. I ddnt sleep well my feet were cold.

Relaxing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower in the hotel room where we stayed was not very satisfying. It was difficult to sort out this shower and the mixing of the warm and cold water. The shower is located above the bath and this is slippery and messy as well. The bed covers was not very clean, there were stains on the bed covers and the extra blanket in the cupboard was also not very clean. The cushions on the beds was also not very comfortable.

The food was excellent, we could see the effort put into each meal and the hospitality of the staff was very good. The scenery of the place was breathtaking. We walked the walking trail near to the river and that was very nice and relaxing. We also visit the spa for a relaxing foot massage and that was so relaxing and nice.

Tranquil Glenburn
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms getting to the point where revamp will soon be required.

Quiteness. Although the accommodation was reasonably full, we were not disturbed by any rowdy behaviour. Great views from our balcony over the many ponds and water features - and walking to and from the reception and restaurants

Would not recommend restaurant in the lodge
    • Garden Suite

The food at the restaurant is terrible They do not offer kiddie meals , prices are expensive for the crap of food served .Had to drive out of the resort to another venue to get decent food . Breakfast was also not great .

I like the rooms although I though by booking a garden suite I would have. View of the river and garden for my 4 year old to play .

Not as we have imagined from the pictures.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were placed in a very old room, no bar fridge and air con not very functional. Mattress was hard and very uncomfortable. We had to request to be moved to another better room the next day, which still took hours to arrange. Restaurant staff not very helpful.

The area is serene, garden beautiful and maintained.

GlenBurn Lodge is home away from home.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

I hope management will look into renovating the STD Hotel Rooms.

Mother's day lunch was scrumptious,compliments to the chefs. Another special thanks to the organiser Melanie. Thank you to the staff who went an extra mile they must keep up the good work. The charlets are very beautiful big up to the designer.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

What you see on internet is not the real thing , internet pictures are deserving and lies.

Sarrounding areas

We had to leave the next morning because it was difficult for us to continue with the vacation on the room that was not pleasant. The property knew we were checking in that night but the room was not properly cleaned , the bathroom was dirty , towels are brown in color,the carpets dusty , I was snizzing all night , the couch in our room had very visible black stains and very dirty Not only the rooms , the hotel lobby couches and scatters are very very dirty . For this reason , I felt I need to excuse myself/ ourselves from the place and due to this facts leave earlier than anticipated. That place need a serious Reno and surprisingly the reception area is more modern look and clean.

Great facilities and good food.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is an inconsistancy of service and procedure. Some staff were great, helpful and went the extra mile while, others were uninformed, disorganised and unfriendly. The rooms definitely, need to be modernised. The times to clean the rooms should be regulated - there was a difference of 4 hours difference on two days. Upon arrival we had requested that breakfast be included and it was ticked on our 'book-in' form... however, to our dismay this was not completed correctly and then we were pulled out of mid-breakfast for not having a voucher - this was very upsetting. Overall we had a lovely time... but, there are things that could improve.

The facilities and gardens are beautiful and the food is good. The extra length beds are great.

Glenburn relaxing weekend

Loved all. Only one disappointment that we werent given the 30% sleepover guest discount at the spa we were promised. My daughter and I both went for 80min full body massage and got billed the full amount on our final hotel bill.....i only saw after my husband already paid. Its not fair to tell a person you get 30% discount on every treatment over R500 and then get zero discount. Unethical.

Scenery, pretty well maintained gardens. Lots to do. Tranquility. Lots of activities. Good food. Love the rivers and the mountain views. Will recommend to friends and we are likely to come back for another visit.

Relaxing and beautiful stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a an older hotel and from the reviews I read before going gave me a false expectation. The style and feel of the rooms are what you would have experienced 20 years ago, which isn't bad, it's just not what I expected. They do well to keep everything clean. The only real slight negative was, when we arrived the toilet was leaking, we called it in and someone did come round, but it didn't really fix the problem. It was only until the next time I called did someone really take it seriously and fixed the problem properly. I felt that this was something that the guest shouldn't have to deal with as the hotel cleaning staff see the rooms every day and so the problem could have been solved before it was ever an issue.

The service was really fantastic and the food was great. The best part of the place was the nature. We were so relaxed after our 2 days stay. Their spa is amazing.

poor attitude of staff will to assist with a mixed booking
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

we were not happy with the attitude of the staff on arrival as our booking was messed up and they were not at all willing to assist or come to a compromise.

We had a great short left nonetheless
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms and bathrooms were not clean. There's great cleaning products nowadays that remove mould Deon the tubs. Our faucets and kettle had rust. Bed rest had dust and lamps above the bed and the tv remote had dust yet there were ladies cleaning daily. The bedding was never replaced properly and when we arrived the room wasn't ready according to specifications.

Affordable venue with just the right entertainment for the family

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The only thing that was a let down was the quality of the...
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The only thing that was a let down was the quality of the food on the lunch and dinner buffet for the price we paid. If the food quality went up this place would be perfect!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Sibu- at reception, is divine
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked for me and my fiancé on here and then when I got there they said I had only booked for me- this was a bit messed up that the comms between service providers is bad. Also, our friends booked straight with the lodge and got breakfast- I booked through you, had to fork out an additional 400 rand for my fiancé to stay as well and then also was told no breakfast included. so we ended up paying a bit more than friends. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth. this is unfortunate because we've always had such good experiences with booking.com

Sibu- at reception, is divine

Lovely stay-over for hotair baloon flight early next morning with excellent breakfast to top it off!

TV channel 2 didn't work. Bathrooms can be attended to - ceiling mouldy

The breakfast excellent variety! Beds comfortable. Staff attentive and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Romantic stay
    • Suite

Very old establishment. No room service. Wine cellar key nowhere to be found. Musty smell in corridors

Honeymoon suite spacious and complimentary bubbly

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

ROOM COMFORTABLE

ROOMS AND HALLWAY SMELLED MOULDY AIRCON DRIPPED IN ROOM FOOD AT BAR AT NIGHT HORRIBLE AND SERVICE POOR

ROOM COMFORTABLE FANTASTIC BED BEAUTIFULL SETTING AND GAREDENS

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

The perfect getaway with all the quality you can ask for 👌
    • Garden Suite

The drains were a bit smelly but the lodge catered for air freshener so that was sorted.

The room was perfect and cosy..the meals were excellent and we felt honoured to find that Glenburn Lodge caters for Halaal.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

The bed was very comfy!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although everything was clean, the rooms are in desperate need of a refurbishment. It took ages to get ice delivered to our room. Not great value for money...

The bed was very comfy!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The stay was very relaxing, and worth the money for the best little weekend get away.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff could have warned us about the baboons on the hike and what to do in a situation where one was approached by baboons, but that is about it.

The activities there were a lot of fun and there is so much to do that there is not a moment where one could feel bored. The food was amazing and the way it was set out was even better! The spa was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Most amazing place

Absolutely nothing

Breakfast was amazing. More than enough for the voucher. The extra activities cost nothing. The spa was great. The bar with the big TV for sports. Bonus! We got moved to the honey moon suite.this place is just great.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

My stay fell way short of expectations, so I wouldn't recommend the place.
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

The booking through Booking.com was confusing - as far as I was aware, I booked for my wife and me. But on arrival, I was told the following: 1. The booking was only for one person, so to include my wife in the room, I would have to pay an extra R300 plus. Why? The only extra expense for the hotel would be to have 1-2 more towels in the laundry. (By the way, other friends had the same problem.) 2. We were told that, because we had booked through Booking.com, breakfast was not included. The cost was another R70 each. So the bottom line is that, somewhere between Glenburn Lodge and Booking.com, we were informed on arrival that our one night stay would cost close to R500 more than we expected. Not a good start! Our friends also had a poor experience. They stated, on arrival, that they were not sure if they wanted breakfast the next morning. At that stage, they were told that the breakfast vouchers were R70 each. The next morning, after deciding they did want to stay for breakfast, they were told that the breakfast cost was now R140 each, as they did not purchase vouchers the day before. (They were not informed the previous day, that the cost would double if they didn't purchase the vouchers then.) At least to give some credit to the reception people, they did relent on the additional surcharge when they saw how this incident upset the customers.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Dont let pictures fool you
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The shower was broken, had to get maintenance to fix it. The pools were full of mosquitoes. The games area wasn't accessible. The breakfast was bad. The cocktails were terrible. The rooms were stuffy.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The place is lovely .... their garden wow so beautiful.....the food bravo
    • Double or Twin Room - Disability Access

I booked with booking. Com but when we arrived at Glenburn Lodge my name wasn't there and I had to book again with the staff,I don't think I will use booking. Com again

Everything!!!!!!!!!!