Reviews of Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa 4 stars

Lagoon Beach Road, Milnerton, 7435 Cape Town, South Africa

• Classic King or Twin Room

The lighting in the bedroom was very poor, 3 lamps and no actual ceiling lights - the room felt gloomy and dark and it was hard to read / work, the bathroom lighting also poor with no windows.

the view from the dining area is stunning

• Classic King or Twin Room

Everything was good, except for my last night, it took forever for the room service to deliver my order. I love their breakfast, but it is the same everyday, they should try to provide different menus for breakfast. Everything else was good. It was my first time in Cape Town, I think I made the right choice, I will stay there another time.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Driving through Milnerton not very safe. Better use other roads to get to this hotel.

FANTASTIC BREAKFASTS, VERY GOOD HOTEL, FRIENDLY STAFF, BEAUTIFUL SUNSET VIEWS FROM THE HOTEL!

• Full Sea Facing King or Twin Room

Such a lovely hotel, beautiful location & wonderful staff!

I really appreciated how the staff went over & above to make mine & my partners stay so special! Aaron, our guest relations manager, made sure we got everything we wanted for our anniversary! Thank you so much!!

• Full Sea Facing King or Twin Room

Being called at 4am to check breakfast room service order!!

Staff were so lovely. Especially Camryn in the bar and breakfast area. V welcoming and pleasant. Wonderful views. Good bar food. Good parking. Would definitely be back.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The view onto the freeway! (room 341) Milk and coffee were not refilled regularly

Reception staff very friendly. Shuttle to and from the airport convenient and organised. Staff in general very accomodating and helpful.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The curtain didn’t close or reach the bottom of the window, letting light in. The room was noisy next to the room.

I enjoyed the business venue. The bathroom was spacious and the room was clean.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Requested and checked that I was getting twin beds on 3 occasions including as checking in. Room had double bed that could not be separated out into twin beds, and it took a few hours to sort out. In fairness replacement room was very nice. Breakfast buffet not very inspiring Restaurant charged R25 for 200ml coke, and bar food very expensive

Conference right on site. Beautiful bathroom, comfortable beds

• Classic King or Twin Room

1. Had requested a delayed check-out until 1:00 pm was given only until 12:00 as arrived late at the hotel and was jet-lagged 2. Had an early morning appointment at 8:00 am and post my return wanted to catch up on my sleep, however on my return between 10 to 12 when was sleeping there were constant knocks on the door inquiring when will check-out inspite the reception knowing it and also having informed once. 3. Other than above all was very good

• Classic King or Twin Room

Every time we went to our room our key did not work. We didn’t have cell phones with us and we found this extremely frustrating . Ordered soft poached eggs which took 20 minutes and had obviously been put under a hot grill so they were rock solid and, we believe, forgotten about and rock solid . It did spoil a generally good experience.

Lovely location by the beach. Spacious rooms . Very pleasant staff and good snack menu.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Customer service. The fact that there was no room service menu in my room even though the introductory pamphlet mentions a room service menu supposedly in your room. When I called reception to request a room service menu, they said they would get me one but it never happened. I was quite disappointed by that.

I loved the breakfast, it was really good. I also loved the view of the ocean from the Beach bar. The pool was beautiful too. I liked the cleanliness and the quietness. I also quite enjoyed the food but not so much the customer service. I liked that I had my own balcony and place to sit. The rooms are also quite accessible and it's not easy to get lost.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Room and bed were terrible. Linen did not fit on bed properly. Bed was squeezed together so we feel in between it of an evening, staff walked into room without knocking for no apparent reason. Won’t stay again . Disappointed

• Classic King or Twin Room

We enjoyed the expirience the management and staff really made my Wifes birthday a very special weekend from the Security at the parking facility to the cleaning staff were so friendly and helpful that we will recomend this venue and definatly book at this Hotel again Thank you Quinton Faulmann

The view, the sound of waves and smell of sea breeze and the variety of different entertaining areas. All in close proximaty is what really made it special

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Lagoon View

We were at the hotel 6 years ago and it was such a memorable experience- currently the hotel is starting to look derelict and needs urgent upgrading. Our unit was also not properly cleaned and we also needed to wait more than hour after check in time to actually check in.

The view.

• Classic King or Twin Room

With the exception of Tendai, the Zimbabwean girl at reception who was friendly and helpful, the majority of the other staff really did not go out of their way to smile, make conversation or make ME feel very welcome at the hotel. The balding man(he seemed to be a senior staff member) who checked me in was deceitful about the heated pool, one of the main reasons I chose this hotel over others. He told me that the heated pool was on the rooftop but he neglected to mention that the pool is not in use and that the water had turned green. Fair enough I understand that there are water restrictions in Cape Town but when I went up to check out this "heated pool" I was met with a notice on the door leading to it, stating that the pool was not in use. I decided to take a look at the pool anyway and when I got there I saw that a hosepipe, connected to a nearby tap, was filling water into this pool which was supposedly "not in use"...why why why??? Anyway, apart from that, my other gripe was with the housekeeping lady who did not seem to understand much English and was genuinely confused when I told her that I only needed fresh towels and that I had already made my bed and cleaned my room. She just gave me a blank stare, not so much as a smile or acknowledgement...seriously, shouldn't it be the norm in hotel industry to staff to be friendly and courteous with guests? She disappeared for over 2hrs and I had to look for her to ask for the towels I requested from her. Not impressed at all...

The location was great & the hotel was tastefully decorated. The view from the pool outside the bar & dining area was stunning. A fairly decent selection at breakfast but not nearly as amazing as the other reviews I read prior to staying there stated.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The unsightly cigarette butts on the balcony was an indication of poor cleanliness and the inconvenience of having loud banging of construction next door wrecked our morning sleep. The poor fluorescent lighting left much to be desired.

The location is great because it’s right by the beach and the general look of the hotel is very ‘’beachy’’ and has a nice feel.

• Standard Self Catering Apartment

Wifi is not working in the apartment they said it’s IPHONE problem !!!! The staff on the reception and on the phone were not helpful

Travel desk was helpful especially Erena

• Classic King or Twin Room

The pool wasn't in the shape I expected it to be. Understandable however, because of the drought in Cape Town at the moment.

Great place and luxurious rooms whcih you wouldn't get for that price in Europe. Has a really amazing restaurant. Breakfast is perfect.

• Partial Sea Facing King or Twin Room

Pillows lumpy, ceiling panel was broken and hanging down exposing pipes and wires and screws and mails, given incorrect room, wire shower basket broken,basin cracked pile of cigarette butts on balcony...so much was wrong. Ordered a bottle of JC upon arrival. Hotel sent staff to buy elsewhere and then brought to room with no ice, no glasses nor ice bucket and R75-90 price sticker. I have emailed the manager hoping for a response but none thus far.

The view and the spa

• Standard Self Catering Apartment

It was dirty, We requested 2 x single beds, they never responded and we got one set of twin beds . There were dirty bin bags right outside our apartment. The view was awful after showing on the booking that it had a view, we looked onto a green ugly pool and another building with a little bit of beach, but nothing like the photos they posted. The pool could have been emptied or an attempt made to look better in the rough. It just looked so run down. There were odd numbers of plates, glasses etc, only 3 of most thing when we needed 4. We phoned to request extra plate and glass, they never bothered replying. The showers and rooms were dirty, no bin liners, no washing soap in the sink. Generally the worst place I have ever stay in. It looks totally neglected.

Checkin was good as the gentleman on reception was very friendly.

nothing in particular.

the room service and reception are on point. very nice place and people.i bought a pocket watch there also. really cool stuff and the price is a far cry from the quality and value, very affordable. Nice place overall

• Partial Sea Facing King or Twin Room

supermarket must be there in hotel, or nearby at least. i forgot to take my socks and shampoo but i could find nearby store to buy it, then finally walked about 1.5KM and found supermarket.

Breakfast was good but Food was not halal so limited choice to eat. They should arrange Halal meat so all their customers could enjoy food.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The beach is typically windy so it isn't all that pleasant from around midday. Apparently this is normal. The pool is also a lot smaller than the pictures dipict.

The breakfasts were great, lots to choose from. The room was quiet. The gym was handy. The shower was great- plenty of pressure.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The restaurant food was not the best and I wish they had a little more variety at breakfast. I requested an extra blanket because I was cold but it never arrived and they took forever to turn the two single beds into a double bed, as I had requested - so service is a little slow.

The bed was super comfortable and although there were many conferences, I was never disturbed by noise.

• Classic King or Twin Room

We were put in a room where they were renovating that wing, we asked for another room and we were then moved to other room the carpet was wet and though out or stay we had to put towels on the floor, when the municipal refuge removal came every morning we were woken by their activity just under or room, I don’t think it is fair from the hotel to expect guests to approve of that. I will nor recommend the hotel because of these experiences above.

Breakfast was good

• Two-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Room cleanliness, kitchen in self catering apartment are not adequately equipped and dish rags were worn, stoep needed to be swept.

The beach and views are breath taking. Hotel is close to Cape Town CBD.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Although gym was well equipped, slightly outdated.

Loved our time at Lagoon beach hotel, upon arrival we were told they had upgraded our room due to the length of our stay! Our room had a full facing sea view with table mountain and lions head to our left, the sunsets were incredible! On top of that, the service all round was impeccable, whether it was the delicious breakfast, a snack lunch or dinner in the restaurant or room service, the staff went above and beyond to make us feel at home. Thank you Lagoon beach hotel!

• Classic King or Twin Room

Cleaner bedding. Our bedding had a black stain on it and the drain in the bathroom sink smelled funky. We didn't have access to heat in the room. But other than that we were happy.

Wonderful staff! Especially Thando the porter. Wonderful guy!

• Classic King or Twin Room

Requested for bedroom slippers on the first day, never received them!

Our room had amazing views! Waking up to the sound and view of the sea was amazing !

• Classic King or Twin Room

The hot breakfast was a bit poor.

The location was amazing, the best views of Table Mountain in the whole of the Cape. Beach was stunning - a pleasure to walk along at the waters edge....it goes on for miles

• Classic King or Twin Room

The outside pool could be heated.

Loved the comfortable rooms! The beds were so comfortable and the rooms kept clean and very nice. The buffet breakfast in the morning was exceptional! I would definitely stay here again.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Our room looked out on a highway and parking lot. Laundry services were very expensive.

It was right on the beach. Very clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was delicious!

• Classic Courtyard Facing King or Twin Room

The breakfast we have two small beds put together instead of a normal double bed it was not comfortable at all the room was not prepared at all there was a see through curtain no menu we had to call to get it

The location of the place the beach around and safety lovely helpful reception staff

• Classic King or Twin Room

Some may prefer the likes of camps bay for more in the locality or central Cape Town for more life. There were Thursday to Saturday weddings and events. Not an issue in itself. Some minor finishing maintenance points in the room for the perfectionist, but does not detract from it being comfortable place to be.

Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable. Views of table mountain and proximity to beach amazing, from front facing rooms. Room service and Wang Thai food enjoyable and well priced. WiFi and tv perfect for me, generous room coffee facilities. A good location for wider area travel by car.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Beds extra large and rooms very spacious. The staff always attentive and very friendly. Lounge very comfy and has a homely feel. Loved the fantastic view and location. It can highly recommend Lagoon Beach Hotel !!

• Classic King or Twin Room

Pool was a little smaller than it looked in the photos.

Lovely hotel, amazing views of Table Mountain. Bar staff were extremely friendly, breakfast and lunch was great. The beach is right outside and goes for miles! Lovely outside decking area, pool a little small.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The room allocated was at the back which had no view completely different to the rooms shown as available on booking.com. I complained and was given another room 201 which had not been cleaned. I the was given another room which could not lock from the inside. I was not comfortable but had no option.

• Standard Self Catering Apartment

Requested Wi-Fi to be fixed twice and it never was. Furniture in room was old and tatty. Kitchen was under-equipped. Main reception area needs curtains. No Aircon. Window in bedroom was closed with a fork presumably due to a broken lock but I made us feel unsafe. We saw another room with the same.

Received a room upgraded which was really appreciated and welcomed.

• Classic King or Twin Room

the room was not cleaned every day... one lamp in the bathroom was broken and never repared... the key card was defect, many times

a very big and comfortable room, the location, the beach, the view was incredible, good breakfast, friendly stuff

• Classic King or Twin Room

There could be a wider variety at breakfast (taking into account halaal and vegetarian options).

The hotel staff remembered the day of our Anniversary and set up the room beautifully for us. We were given a full sea facing room which was absolutely stunning. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, definitely will be recommending the hotel to friends and family.

Could only get chocolate brownies as room service after 23:00pm :-(

Friendly staff, location very good if you want to stay just outside the city. Panoramic view over Cape Town city and Table Mountain. Had undercover parking for my rental. Good selection at the Breakfast buffet.

• Classic King or Twin Room

their breakfast was so limited and for Muslim or vegetarian is not good. we asked them to reserve our rooms next to each other from 1st day and i call the day before BUT they didn't and it was faraway from each other. we asked to fix air-cone but they didn't and it was super cold !

Nice view good parking good wifi

• Classic King or Twin Room

The housekeeping staff came to our room very late. The taxi to malls and table mountain cost too much

Breakfast and kitchen staff were great. Front Manager at reception in the morning was of great help.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Bad and slow internet!!! And we had to log in every time we used it. The communication between the staff was not so good, some times it took a long time to fix a problem, like our key card stopped working. The Hotel should be more serious about the water crisis! F.ex they should have a bucket in the shower to use the extra water for something good.

The pool was nice! The drinks was perfect!!! Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The cleanest rooms ... the breakfast dining hall ... the staff are friendly and helpful... my husband got sick and they tried their best to assist at night and even called the doctor for me wow I rate them 100%

Everything I have no complaints at all

• Partial Table Mountain View King or Twin Room

Amazing staff - always trying to accommodate all your needs with smile !! ...great location ..nicely appointed rooms were always clean 2x day ! Feels like home from home

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Lagoon View

It is much better on the photos than in reality. Hotel needs a facelift . we did not get a room we expected . Lagoon view room has no lagoon view . But a sun burnt lawn instead. Ocean is cold and you cannot swim . The free transfer is a bluff because hotel does not provide shuttle bus to the center every hour but only a minubus 3 times per day which is booked quickly and then guests depend on the taxi in order to go to the center . Cleaning leaves much to be desired .

I don't really know . Probably space we had in appartment and a washing machine.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The gym was much less than what I expected. It is small and half of the machines were not working. The Pool was very cold, it would be really nice and an outstanding hotel if it would be warm.

The Food at the bar in the evening is excellent. The chickpea mushroom wrap and the butternut ginger soup are outstanding, i could eat it everyday. You get a phone during your stay to use for calls and internet which is great.

• Classic King or Twin Room

I really did not enjoy my stay at this hotel. The wifi was constantly down, room service took forever, the room we were allocated was tiny and some of the lights were not working.

• Classic King or Twin Room

1.During booking we chose suite with ocean view, actually we took one with street view. On the stage of booking the difference between these variants were 10 000 RUR! So we overpay this sum for nothing. 2. Also on the stage of booking we specially found free transfer from airport. By sorting on Booking.com site we got LBH, but in fact Lagoon Beach included transfer from/to airport in total bill and it amounts 660 ZAR. It was sudden staff. 3. Bath ceiling was destroyed, bath didn’t work ‘cause of absence bath cap; cupboard under sink were destroyed. 4. There were unnecessary sum in total bill for supper with alcohol that we didn’t book. Lobby man wanted us to pay for someone. Very unprofessional for 4th star hotel.

Extremely friendly personal in restaurant, perfect cleaning services, comfortable location near bus station and ocean’s beach.

• Partial Table Mountain View King or Twin Room

The housekeeping .... the non-existent valet service ..... the poorly prepared food .... the hooker outside the hotel .... the lack of informing the guests about water saving ..... the doorman ... the staff

• Classic King or Twin Room

We left the premise at 10:30 on our first day and only returned just before 5pm, the room had not been cleaned and the bed not done. UNACCEPTABLE!!

The location is super.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Lagoon View

The apartments were a little run down, they need renovations. The whole apartment building had a bit of a run down feeling about it. The gardens outside were desolate. I know there is a water shortage but this was neglect. Windows were all very dirty. We had to kill over 30 mosquitoes which were probably breeding in the green water of the half filled pool.

Large apartment

• Partial Table Mountain View King or Twin Room

Breakfast was a bit crowded and one of two of the staff stressed too much due to this

Beautiful view and outside decking area. Lots of parking in the basement.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Some of our items went missing in our room and some items were eaten in our absence A cellphone charger and a B.B. cream went missing and when we approached the manager of the cleaning staff he wouldn’t give us the opportunity and immediately said it wasn’t possible. The beds were two single beds pushed together which was a little uncomfortable as we expected a double bed. The Cleaning was unsatisfactory....

Room was comfortable and the location was good The breakfast and the staff in the restaurant were wonderful. There was lots of variety to choose from for breakfast and the staff were very helpful

• Classic King or Twin Room

I asked for a room not on the ground floor as i was alone. My room had a glass door leading outside which im sure other people would love to have but sadly a have a phobia. I rang reception and was reassured and told a lot of of people were checking out the next day therefore had to put up with it for now. Sadly no one ever got back me again. Shuttle bus to waterfront does not run as often as other hotels.

Location, right next to the beach. Lovely sunset views from the dining room deck at dinner time. Lovely breakfast. Very friendly staff and waiters in the dining area.

• Standard Self Catering Apartment

The general exterior maintenance is a little shabby and could do with a coat of paint. Inside the apartment was nice and clean. Housekeeping was sometimes slow and we had to call them at 9:30 at night to service the apartment. We had to request toilet paper when it ran out, they didn't supply spare toilet paper. They took away the bathroom floor mats but didn't replace them and also hung up dirty towels instead of supplying clean ones.

The bed was comfortable and good quality linen. The restaurant food was good.

• Standard Self Catering Apartment

The couches were dirty. Housekeeping took forever to deliver clean towels and i ended up walking to main reception for assistance. Apartment reception was sometimes empty and no service could be derived. The unit did not have a patio/ outdoor chairs so we couldn’t chill outside the unit. Apartment Roof top pool had no lights or chairs so had to keep going to hotel bar to chill. Apartments need to be star rated separately to the Hotel and Spa because the standard of the units is very low.

The Hotel reception was fantastic but the is far from the apartments.

• Standard Self Catering Apartment

A little out the way and confusing to walk round as massive!

Great bar and food good....recommend the lamb curry. Had an apartment which was spacious and two bathrooms which was a bonus as four of us. Ended up staying two nights. A little out the way of Cape Town but has everything you’d need.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment Lagoon View

The WiFi in the apartment did not work and noone from the staff could fix it in time.

The luxury apartment was absolutely stunning. Lovely interior and beautiful ocean view. We really enjoyed it.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Excellent location, fantastic views over the ocean to Cape Town Harbour and Table Mountain. The room was a good size, with a comfortable bed and the bathroom had everything that you would expect.

• Full Sea Facing King or Twin Room

Not about the property but about one particular staff member, a guy who on Sunday morning turned us into children and gave us a lecture for arriving for breakfast at 10:15. We told him that we were told breakfast closes at 10:30 but he would not listen to us.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The person who phoned me at 9:30pm about setting the airport transfer bill which I had specifically enquirer about on arrival after checking in and was told I could settle on departure. Then the late night phone call insisting it had to be settled immediately 😐 Wifi connected but nothing worked so I reverted back to cellular. Broken mirror and slightly blocked drain in bathroom. One of the bottles of water in the room had been opened prior to my arrival.

Loved the scenery and the cappuccino which was excellent and most staff were friendly except the one who called me at 9:30pm when I had just fallen asleep

• Classic King or Twin Room

Location wasn’t so great, a bit far from everything. Transport to and from the airport a bit expensive to be a shared shuttle.

The restaurants, the great view, the spacious rooms, the transfers to the city.

• Full Sea Facing Suite

Poor service, horrible staff, aged hotel in need of a revamp,no help and pathetic room service and telephone service- no one answers the phones for house keeping or reception and staff have a blaze attitude instead of being hospitable. Seemingly busy and hence the arrogant staff - the pics of this hotel is far from what it actually is. More a lodge with two star surrounds. The suite is suppose to be the nicest room but it is big for nothing and has more an empty feeling that a luxurious one. The lighting is terrible and the room is generally dark and gloomy with only lamp shade lighting. It’s no use having so much space that is clearly not designed and being furnished poorly. I think the price is certainly too much for what you get and will never ever stay here again!!!! No one is friendly at this hotel and that I think is the worst thing about it!

Nothing!!!

• Classic King or Twin Room

Location and facilities, well kept.

The room was fantastic, the view from the sea view balcony was stunning. Great friendly and very professional staff. Will definitely come back, given the chance.

• Classic King or Twin Room

Pool area is rather small with limited space and location is a bit far out of the city with few restaurants nearby; room safe was broken.

Great view of Table Mountain, clean and comfortable rooms

• Classic King or Twin Room

The availability of shades in the afternoon at the pool-deck. The wastage of water, Due to the water-shortage in Capetown I felt to guilty to open the shower and let the water run until it's warm, causing me to have 7 cold showers, LOL. I would suggest that the water mixers or the flow of the hot water should be changed as to save water, there are units available to pre-heat the water before the hot water from the geyser reach the taps.

In overall I enjoyed everything from the Spa on top to the nice well planned breakfast, a drink in the bar (excellent service) and peacetime next to the pool.

• Classic King or Twin Room

The room they initially gave me had someone it it, walked into someone getting dressed. I had also asked for a sea facing room on the app but those were full when I arrived. There were stains on the carpets and the curtains where coming off the rails. The photos aren't what you get.

After making an error with my booking, they made it up by giving me a double room suite.

• Classic King or Twin Room

We cannot swim at the beach where the hotel is located.

The location is excellent. It was relaxing to wake up to the lovely sea view. The beds were extra comfty, staff was extra friendly and the breakfast served was outstanding. We will definitely visit again.

• Partial Sea Facing King or Twin Room

Breakfast and the bed it was 2 single beds, it would've been nicer if it was a double bed

Cleanliness, peace and quiet, location, friendly staff , very welcoming, Wi-Fi, handy wow amazing

• Classic King or Twin Room

The views over the iconic Tabke Mountain overlooking Cape Town from the hotel are stunning. The beach is a few steps away. You can enjoy incredible sunsets at the bar or restaurant. The buffet breakfast is exceptionally varied, with plenty of fresh fruit and hot options.

• Classic King or Twin Room

I have nothing to complain about.

Easy access to Cape Town central. Beautiful scenery and sunsets from the hotel. Very good breakfasts, good rooms, friendly staff. I love the Lagoon Beach Hotel!

• Classic King or Twin Room

Nothing to complain about. The hotel is to a high standard for how big it is.

The location was beautiful, having the sea and the mountain right by the pool was lovely. The food was to such a high standard. The staff were very friendly and smiley.

• Classic King or Twin Room

At reception when I booked in ,I signed in, was given my room number, etc. and then left to go park my car. found my room, only to realize, IWAS NEVER GIVEN THE CARD TO GET IN .A total inconvenience to me as had to walk back down ,with my suitcase to reception. Very CARELEES of the male who helped me. Thank you. ALSO, the t.v. reception was very poor in my room. Lots of lines over the screen while watching. Poor vision and makes eyes tired.

That room service came later in evening to with the trolley of more coffee ,milk, soap etc. asking if I require anything