Reviews of Mouille Point Apartments

#198 of 387 Holiday rentals in Cape Town

Based on 320 apartment reviews

4.7

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Cleaning of the room. The room wasn't getting properly cleaned.

The apartment is on Beach Road, we had an undisturbed sea view that spans from the bedroom to the sitting room. From this experience our preference changed to renting out an apartment in Cape Town over a hotel (which we did the previous year, we stayed in two hotels, by the beach and in the city). This apartment gave us the best cape town experience, more homely. You feel like you own the space more.

there should be blankets as an option More TV channels

There were no croissants!!! Bed very comfortable - would like to suggest a light blanket is offered as duvet was quite heavy

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed too low and hard, lounge furniture not comfy at all. outside passage light, lite up the bedroom could read a book all night without putting on the bedroom light!!!!!

the position of the rental property, sea views, and restaurants within walking distance

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Location - across road from atlantic ocean - great sunsets from balcony - very convenient for V and A waterfront (30 min walk ) and Sea Point - safe area

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Kitchen was fairly basic. Photos showed a full fridge but only got a bar fridge. No freezer as such so frequent visits by taxi to purchase bread etc. Equipment limited for people staying a week. Needed help for getting suitcases and parcels to the unit - a trolley would have been useful. No one at Reception when we arrived. Duty manager was out getting change for some other resident.

Think the position was fine as a recovery location from serious heart surgery. Photos misleading as should be given the option of view to sea or view to golfcourse and mountain. It was comfortable for a couple.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I don't have any complain of dislike about this hotel.

The croissants and the bed were very comfortable. staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel or apartment, was very clean at all the time. I had a very good and rested holiday

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Certain elements of maintenance had been overlooked.

Superb location with fantastic views. Two good supermarkets at the V & A Waterfront complex within walking distance. Well equipped and comfortable apartment. Good security.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

we were robbed by cleaning staff during the first day, when we realized there are some missing money(100$), we thought we brought less money than our calulation. then second time it happened again and they stole 300$ from our bags at total. We were hurry on leaving at check out and only we made a report to chief of facility at counter. She said she will back to us soon but still no reply or call or email yet!! Secondly, balcony doors and windows are not isolated and all the nights we stayed there, we hear the windy whispers and couldn’t sleep.

Location was wonderful to reach city easily and safe to walk around.

• Studio Apartment

I thought it was a little noisy. The bed wasn't that comfortable and squeaked a little. Maybe some face washers in the bathroom would have been nice with a cake of soap. I think a bedside table would have added to the room.

I liked the location, the view from my room and I felt safe. You could walk to the Waterfront from the apartment and go for a nice walk along the waterfront path. Some nice restaurants nearby, which was handy and a hairdresser across the road. I organised with the man on the desk to go the Dinner/theater night and he was very helpful and pleasant. The guards were also very helpful.

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

I love the location of these properties. Mouillie Point is one of my favourite places in the world. I love that it's at the sea, the promenade and there are many restaurants within walking distance. And very central. Easy access to all over CT.

• Studio Apartment

The lady at the reception was very helpful in all matters. I was given a room right away even if getting there early and was helped with my baggage. I'd definitly come back if I need a room in Capetown again.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The choice of apartment was very much ‘pot luck’, we must have been lucky on our previous visit. The first apartment we were given this time (described as ‘luxury’) was small and not in good repair, plus cockroaches. Thanks to Karin for moving us after 3 days to a better appointed apartment. However, the kitchen was so poorly equipped we had to buy our own corkscrew!!

Location and view. Excellent area for Atlantic seaboard and city.

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Small and no where to hang clothes ridiculous and extremely dated in need of paint also for the money paid it was very upseting and will not be using booking.com again

• Luxury Two-Bedroom Apartment

Would have preferred to be higher up as the sound of the traffic is quite loud with the doors open. There was a cleaning service however, I feel the floors could've been cleaner. Kitchen dustbin smelt of smoke and we are non smokers. Only had bread knife no normal cutting knives, i.e. vege knife to cut tomatoes etc..

Position of property excellent. Friendly welcome when we arrived.

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

We requested an earlier than normal book in, but received no communication back on the matter. For our trip's purpose, this made our plans difficult.

It was 5minutes' walk to the Green Point stadium. The selection of restaurants near by was very good and everything was so clean.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The kitchenware was limited, no salt shakers and some other basic kitchenware. There were no dishwashing items in the kitchen , had to go and buy even sponges to clean the plates. There was no broom and mop yet house cleaning service was not available most of the days during my stay to at least enable guest to clean on their own and stay in a reasonably clean environment. At lease there should be basic cleaning utensils in the property. no extra bedding items. the linen was not changed through out the stay. they should at least put in wardrobes changing linen and an extra blanket in case the weather gets cold at night on some days. the furniture is a bit oldish and not luxurious

the property was generally comfortable

• Studio Apartment

I attended a nearby all day sports event which led me to return to the property around 23h00. Upon entering the apartment, I realised that there was another occupant, who claimed to be the owner! Numerous calls made to management and 90 mins later I was accomodated in another apartment of significantly lower standard. Upon my departure, I was advised that I would be refunded for the inconvenience by the host manageress, "N". Needless to say, further communication with the "enterprise" has yielded no response, not to mention the refund promised. This is not the first negative experience I have had with Village & Life.

The receptionist, "K", was very helpful; there had been no response to my request for an early check in - significant understanding was displayed under the circumstances and I was able to check in.

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

The pool should be ready for use all the

I liked the secured property warm welcome from the staff members who are professionally trained and friendly. I would recommend the place to my family and friends

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment assigned to us wasn’t what we booked. It was below standard. We indicated our unhappiness and after a long wait we got a different apartment.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Parking being outside of the property.

I loved everything about the property. Although I feel parking should've been in the property itself, didn't feel comfortable parking outside. Other than everything superb, staff was helpful and the rooms were clean. There were enough utensils to utilise. When I come back to Cape Town, I will definitely consider booking here again.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Few things in the kitchen and bathroom were not up to standard. It took housekeeping more than 12 hours to attend to a simple request, but other things like our complaint about a blocked shower drain they ignored.

Location of property

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

The building is a bit old. The apartment could do with a lick of paint. More TV channels and a radio would be handy. Fridge a bit small. A blind in the bathroom for more privacy especially at night. Would've enjoyed direct access to the building when parking on the property .

Loved the view from my balcony, a seaview. Although the traffic was a bit noisy. Enjoyed the walks along the ocean and the daily activity of walkers, runners and dogs on the promenade

• Studio Apartment

When I made the booking they told me they do have secure parking.But when I got there I had to pay extra(which was never mentioned when I made the booking!) and also according to security it wasn't arranged with him.Eventually I parked outside in the street for the night

• Studio Apartment

We were given the wrong room on the first night but the swopped us the next day. The TV did not work.

The position was great, close to the V&A waterfront and Seapoint.

• Studio Apartment

The room had so many flies that came from outside. The floors were an old wood, decreased the aesthetics of the place. I stayed in a corner room which meant I had no balcony.

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Communication on rates was poor Cutlery was dirty - room 202 Carpet was very dirty - room 202 DSTV Channels very limited (channels suitable for non-Afrikaans speaking people only) Balcony never cleaned when serviced Curtains were very dirty - ROOM 404 Had to ask Doom for all the flies Speed point machine very slow

• Studio Apartment

Had to ask for free wifi advertised, they said we would have to pay but did not. On x2 days the hired help did not put out loo paper Telvision did not work too well

• Studio Apartment

The room temperature (very hot because of the afternoon sun, the fan was inadequate it must be impossible in summer time; traffic noise untill late at nate on the street fronting sides; the safety box that did not work.

The cleanliness; everything I needed for a five day stay was there; right opposite the building is a MyCiti busstop

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The master bed was so hard, I had to move to the spare room to get any sleep The master shower has no soap holder, so its difficult to retrieve soap/shampoo from the shower floor if you are at all infirm or can't bend easily

Location is great, lovely veranda overlooking the seafront.

• Studio Apartment

The flat wasnt as new as it looks in the photos. It is not a cozy place where you would want to spend time other than sleeping. It ia announced as a property with swimingpool. There is a swimming pool, very small, next to the entrance of the property, looking a ta a street/road. Not that I wanted to use it but maybe other guests expect to do so and would probably be dissapointed. It was 34 degrees celsius in Cape Town and the pool was covered with a piece of plastic. The toilet/bathroom is very small with a small window to the patio that is the access to other rooms and without a blind.

The bed was very comfortable. The location is good, with a couple of nice restaurants at walking distance and close to the Waterfront but at night it feels a bit isolated, dark and empty area. Although a walk to the Waterfront could be possible the emptiness of the streets and darkness does not invite to. During the day looks much better and is just in front of the Green Point-Sea Point promenade which offers a great walk, and next to the Sea Point Park.

• Studio Apartment

Mmmm....nothing at all I was satisfied with the place

The view , cleanliness of the property and overall the quiteness and of course the place is beautiful we could see Robbed Island and the smell of the sea was spectacular have never been to such a place keys were easy to get even though we arrived late .

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The whole duration of our stay stank of damp carpets as they had them cleaned just before we arrived. The sliding door would not close properly so there was a constant draft and whistle from the winds. The skirting was lifting, the bedroom door falling apart, tv channels were useless, no cartoon channels whatsoever for the kids, and only 3 movie channels as others had constant no signal

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

We were not informed that there was contruction going on and that our view of the ocean would be obstructed. Also I was charged more than what was quoted on the Booking.com website.

Nothing except it was close to waterfront

• Studio Apartment

Poor Maintenance. The furniture and fixtures were broken (Kitchen cupboards, Shower & Plugpoint) to name a few, servicing of room poor.

Location is good

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

The room heating system is an old hot water boiler in the sitting room which seemed to run all night. This together with the light on all night in the " corridor" outside our room led us to some poor/average sleep experiences.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

3 bedroom main bedroom bed so small for 2 big adults, the studio beds are a better size..

The location and spacious pretty nice furnished apartments/studio

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Great location on the promenade and plenty of restaurants around without having to walk to the V&A. A lovely park and golf course at the rear. We had a seaview looking at Robben Island and watched the dolphins swimming in the bay.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Studio Apartment

Wifi - didn't work in our apartment at all and many times it didn't work in reception. Very poor service and would put me off staying there again. Toiletries not replaced! There wasn't a welcome pack, just a few tea bags (no milk and sugar). We'd travelled a long way (London via Istanbul), were exhausted and it would have been great to have a cup of tea, not have to shop immediately - we would gladly have paid. Not good directions to nearest deli and no idea where the nearest proper food shop was! I would forego having the apartment cleaned as often for a welcome pack!

The studio apartments were perfect for our needs, fabulous views at the rear, nice and quiet (apart from fog horn during one night), great location, near bus stops (local and hop on/off), lovey restaurants.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Studio Apartment

Nothing we really enjoyed our stay

Lovely studio apartment with beautiful sea view. The apartment was well equiped and very comfortable. The location is very good with lovely resturants close by and walking distance to the Waterfront.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

No aircon so could get hot and stuffy in really hot weather

Ideal apartment, especially if the kids are with you as has plenty of space, all basic kitchen necessities and bonus - a washing machine!

• Studio Apartment

While the location was good, the room itself was very underwhelming. The furniture had a very cheap feel and our TV was not even working. We spent all weekend ,making sure we were out of the room! The staff looked uninterested for the most part and we had to pay for parking which was not detailed when we booked. Overall a very disappointing experience. The online pics were not representative of the room at all.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Studio Apartment

No Wifi NO AIRCON Hairdryer was not working and no new one was provided Showergels were not replaced Very very noisy Coffee machine was provided but no capsules

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Endless problems with Wi-Fi not being available - problems with the televisions. The Wi-Fi was never fixed and it seemed that the staff did not care especially since it was Friday and they wanted to go home and never enquired again if the Wi-Fi was working. According to the one staff member it is a constant problem that is not seen to and even effect permanent residents - I will not recommend anyone to stay here until they fix the cable TV connection problems and the Wi-Fi connection problems!!!!!! Another businessman apparently just packed up his bags and left as he could not use Wi-Fi to do his work. In the day and age we live in Wi-Fi is no longer a luxury it is imperative to have a flawless Wi-Fi connection!!

The location was good

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The response to a minor washing machine problem took to long and was not explained why this was.

The location is perfect for a first time visit. It was far enough away from the main areas to walk in and only a short cab ride back.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Small plunge pool out front but not a problem. Bit difficult getting cab on first night after hours but easy after that. Bit of traffic & seafront work noise but its not on the very main road.

Great Location on First Floor with lovely views across the Bay to Robben Island & beyond. Comfortable Large Apartment with Living Room & Kitchen plus 2 Bedrooms & 2 Bathrooms. Cabs to Waterfront cost R60 with some help from Reception or Security Guard, easier to book after first one. Good Restos nearby & nice Seafront Walkway. Parked our hirecar in secure compound for R90/day but probly could have used nearby parking square. View out back over Cape Town Stadium & Table Mountain. Overall we'd really recommend the Apartment Block, Location & Equipment for a Cape Town Break!

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Studio Apartment

Cannot think of anything, all good

Location to sea point promenade. Small food stores within waking distance. Close to Waterfront and golf course. Great park for walking. On bus route

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Studio Apartment

Would have been nice if there was more space. Either you were in bed or outside. A couch would have been nice for guests.

The view from the balcony and windows at night was especially lovely..

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

• Studio Apartment

The kitchen window had no blind or curtain & the outside light lit my room the entire night. could not get the tv / dstv to work & did not want to be alone in the apartment with anyone who may have fixed it. also no bedside tables.

location was great

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Studio Apartment

The isolation wasn't the best. We had an appartment on the 8th floor with mountain view. Could hear the neighbour and the heavy wind (windy city) as the windows wern't closing well. Beside that everything ok.

Great location, nice and clean with a little kitchen. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Studio Apartment

no internet in the room, although offered on booking.com. coffee just for first night, should we check out and in every morning? shampoo not refilled due to 'policy'!? tv channels listed in the room not working. they should care more about needs of guests on short stay.

great location on the promenade. walking distance to waterfront. nice view to the golf course, stadium and mountains. good room and bed.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Studio Apartment

Dirty bathroom - hair on the floor - Apartment is in need of some repair - looks shabby , peeling paint , peeling bath , etc

Great views , good location , secure parking

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

They said they change linen every three days but didn't so I had to query this The shower head was not operating properly and I needed to request twice to get it fixed. I was offered a ZAR1000 refund which I'm still waiting for! Pity because the offer really did make me feel they cared!

Locality Size of flat Views Daily service Security Equipment

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Studio Apartment

After complimentary 250Mb wifi voucher, no other wifi access available. Appartment was very light at night - made worse by corridor light shining through kitchen and bathroom windows. Black out blinds or curtains would make a difference. Although the bedding was clean, it was a little stained.

Our appartment had a good view of both the sea and the golf course backed by the mountains. Well equipped facilities and comfy bed. Very convenient location.

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing was sparkling clean, but I can also really not say anything was dirty.. maybe there can be just a bit more attention given to this? Also in reception, there is a notice about the minibar, but there was none in the room?

The location is very good and for that area, the price is really not bad. The apartment has everything you need, and although nothing is fancy, everything worked and was up to standard and the apartment is spacious. Basic but comfortable. Parking was safe, even though we did not use the paid parking option. I also requested a sea facing apartment over the phone, on our way to Cape Town, and the person who answered, immediately helped me with that, without any issues. When we showed up, reception confirmed we had a sea facing apartment, and that I was lucky as they were almost all booked out. So I was very grateful to the man who answered the phone on the morning of 22 October 2016 (sorry I didn't get his name).

• Studio Apartment

I took my wife away for her birthday and I specifically requested a sea view on the booking. Not only was no sea view available but according to the staff, bookings.com never requested this. Really poor effort and I doubt I be using them again in a hurry.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The second bedroom was spoiled by being furnished with an oversized bed in what was obvously space for only a single person. It was very difficult to access the bed. The inclusion of a photo of the pool in the propoganda was a bit misleading. This minute pool is more or less on the pavement of Beach Road from which it is separated by a very unappealing metal see-through fence. I cant imagine anybody wanting to use it.

Accommodating relaxed friendly staff. A really spacious living room with everything you could want supplied in quantity and quality.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Studio Apartment

The policy is to provide your credit card number and CVV number in a non secure paper based way. Terrible practice and I would hold them personally liable should any fraud be detected on my card.

Perfect location and hasslefree process

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We checked in under an atmosphere of dispute between the owner and employees, which made us feel uncomfortable. We got to the room and we're told that towels will be delivered within a few minutes. We went for a long walk along the boulevard and on our entrance into the unit, towels were not delivered. There are no staff after 7pm. So I phoned the 24 hrs line, the women who answered sounded sleepy and said that laundry services never delivered the laundry? Then someone else phoned and said they have towels, it was just nor ironed, I said that would be perfect, because who irons towels? Little did I know that the security guard will bring us 4 we towels. We now have been told they do not have their own laundry, so the only conclusion we could come to were that these were dirty towels, which we just put outside the door. We had to check out at 10 am the following morning, and we received one bath and 2 hand towels at 9:30 am. I feel paying over R2000 for one night with such a Palling service is totally unacceptable and it makes me as a South African shy, as apartments in other countries are cheaper (yes, even with the weak rand) and you just don't feel so ripped off. I would really NOT recommend this accommodation to anyone. It is a TOTAL ripoff.

The location is good, however, I am not prepared to pay for the location alone.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Paying for wifi

Staff very friendly and helpful management are fantastic had a late flight they let me stay in the room no charge/ when I checked in I requested a sea view they said they'll do there best 30 minutes later I was in one ,will visit again this place is better then a hotel thanks for a grate stay !!!

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Studio Apartment

Check in took more than 30min bcos of authorisation issues on their side, check out also took forever cos they double deducted our bank account, whn we got outside we found that all wheel caps were stolen nd Th receptionist tells us its not th 1st time, i feel they should have warned us when we arrived to find secure parking. I will never stay there again.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was not clean and we had to ask for some of the bedding.

I expected a sea view - but the view towards the mountain and over the golf course was just as good.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Studio Apartment

It's a cold little bachelor flat, with a bath only - quite awkwardly positioned next to the toilet. The elevator smelled quite bad. Parking is accessible via the street only - so no direct access from the apartment parking lot to the entrance. The wi-fi (50mb free p/p only) did not work at all - even once we got replacement tokens.

Excellent location, although we didn't have a sea-view. Right on Beach Road, easy walking distance to a nice little restaurant and the Mouille Point lighthouse. Clean linen.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Nobody at reception after hours. Got a note under my door to settle my account wich was paid a week before arrival. No secured parking. The shower in the bath had no water pressure, so showering in winter was a very cold experience. Would love a seaview.

Spacious, clean well appointed apartment. Excellent location.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

A bit downbeat. Initial apartment v noisy.

• Studio Apartment

i didnt like the bed its makes a sqeeky sound

I love the set up the cleanliness and the way the room is furnished

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Apartment was freezing cold with zero heating. Bad when you have an 11 month child

• Studio Apartment

The info on booking.com did not match when I arrived. Had to pay for parking and internet.

Great location and facitlities

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

It is so spacious. Within walking distance of all the entertainment of the waterfront. Beaitiful view!!

• Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

The fact that its self catering, I would have loved to have breakfast in the morning.

Location...the view..modern apartment..excellent!

• Studio Apartment

We didn't have a balcony.

The hostess that checked us in -her name is Karin, she was extremely friendly and immediately made us feel at home.

• Studio Apartment

Clean and cozy plus probably in the best tourist location in Cape Town. Excellent!

Swimming pool.

Location and value for money.

• Studio Apartment

Above expectation in many respects

Toilet area very small