Reviews of Penny Lane Lodge 3 stars

5 North Avenue, 7130 Somerset West, South Africa

#58 of 60 B&Bs and Inns in Somerset West

• Two-Bedroom Cottage

I loved how at home I felt at this lodge and how friendly the staff and owners were. Tranquil. Total peace!! I will definitely encourage others to book a weekend away if you just want to escape your reality for just a weekend. A penny well spent.

We just stayed at penny Lane for one night on our way to Montagu but the hosts were friendly, it´s clean and the facilities are perfectly ok for the money. Overall I can recommend it.

• Standard Twin Room

Rooms are very noisy as they are linked to other rooms, you can here every word the neighbors are saying, therefore they could also hear what we were talking about - ergo, no privacy. The bathroom was old and shower in bath difficult to get in and out of. Stairs to the room was very narrow and steep.

The friendliness off the staff. Very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Standard Twin Room

They should have checked that everything was in order. Like cutlery, there were only two plates, what about bowls for cereal, glasses, why just Cremora as milk? Why not a small carton of say Longlife milk also?

Nothing in particular

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Very comfortable room, handy for central Somerset West and an easy drive from the airport. Loved the balcony and the view. Everything I needed for my short trip - slept very nicely too! Would certainly use again.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The light outside shone threw the thin curtains all night and I couldn't switch it off. There was a water leak somewhere that dripped all night. The room was very close to a busy road and the traffic was noisy. The TV was snowy There was one teaspoon The air conditioning did not work and you couldn't leave the windows open

• Chalet 2

Nothing I did not like

The owners are super nice friendly and most welcoming, the place itself it's beautiful nice and comfortable..

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

No visible staff apart from booking in.

I loved the privacy and quietness that the self contained Chelsey provided.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Shower was leaking

Quitness/ Swimming pool/ Braai facility

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

The supply of tea and coffee was not enough for the duration of our stay. Lighting for the outer stairs needs to be improved.

The availability of the swimming pool. Safety features, eg burglar bars on some windows, safety nets on the verandah that is upstairs, plus the availability of carports.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

the security was a big factor for me - remote access gate and secure parking for a lone traveller was good. cleanliness of the flat and the servicing each day.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2015

Nothing bad to say...

On our whole 1 month long vaccation throughout South Africa, we have not been to a lodge where we had more fun and felt more welcome, then Penny Lane! Of cause you must not expect a 5 star accomodation, but the flat was perfectly clean and the appointments (fridge, second bathroom, grill and table outside, ...) definitely beat our expectations! But the most important thing is: The Owners were more than friendly and would help us with problems and questions at every time of the day! They gave us lots of advises on what to do in SSW, supplied us with cold beer when we were overwhelmed by the Southafrican heat and even took good care of a friend, who hurt his knee while hiking, which is in my oppinion absolutely not naturally... We had great times, sitting at the bar counter, listening to Kevins stories and jokeing with him! Overall it was an amazing stay and I will definitely stay in Penny Lane again, when I visit SA next time!!!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Awesome place, secured parking for my car, chalet clean and well equiped

• Reviewed: 29 October 2015

A few maintenance issues (for eg. tap not fixed in properly), no ice available upon arrival.

Very clean and comfortable accommodation.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

beds were terrible

There are also 13 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.