Reviews of Pine Lodge Resort 3 stars

#22 of 30 hotels in Port Elizabeth

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Memories made at Pine Lodge
    • Twin Bungalow - Cara-Cabin

I did not like the sharp Jik smell when we entered. So I left the bathroom window( covered with burglar bars) open. On our return we found that monkeys entered and ate our fruits. If only we have been warned, I would not leave the window open. Although I feel the property can make a better plan with the windows so that monkeys cant enter. We had noisy neighbours who kept on with their party till very late. The floor was sticky; so it was definetly not washed properly. The lid of the kettle is loose and it is easy to burn. Although the pillow cases is white, it has nasty stains and it is not nice to use. Quality of pillows not good. Very old and hard blankets. Floors dirty in the corners . I was under the impression that we would at least feel and hear the sea. But our apartment was very far away from the sea snd could as well had a place higher up in the city.

I like the overall feeling of the place. I like the white linen and new soft, white, very clean towels. The price. The friendly staff Location.

Sorry, not coming back...
    • Luxury Chalet

The place is too dark at night...not comfortable for a single lady traveling alone...very scary. Too noisy on Sat and Sun. Breakfast could be better...staff so slow. The croissants were so raw in the middle..coffee was cold...the oil used for eggs was ridiculous...rooms were very cold!! Some staff members in reception not so friendly..Chalets just ok, ‘S’ Cabins ridiculously ugly and dirty, furniture extremely old and ugly. Beds too old...Zero luxury in most chalets and cabins. Could have spent the 950zar elsewhere better!! Not

Towels were very clean. Pillows were ok. Chalets kitchen is good. Ok if you travel as a group and not looking for luxury. Some staff members were really nice like Noma & the guy who was helping out that day@ reception. Kitchen staff was slow but very nice. Nice for kiddies camps but definitely NOT for business travel...Fun for kiddies - they will enjoy canopy tours, team building etc the place would be great after a revamp - needs to be current!!!

Probably one of the places with the most potential in Port Elizabeth...
    • Twin Bungalow - Cara-Cabin

The monkeys are becoming a problem. The doors and windows cannot be left open and it is difficult to relax with them around! This problem needs to be addressed as a disaster could occur!

It is a safe environment. It is well-situated - we had a conference at the Nelson Mandela University and it is walking distance. The reserve is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Great place during summer time. Average during winter.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

It was so difficult to get a heater even with a baby, and even though it was very cold inside the room. Internet only at reception with only one seat.

The outdoor areas, the bbq areas, the facilities for kids, the restaurant.

Was fine , quite & suited our needs while we were there but not my first choice if I travel to PE
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

The furniture & equipment is old . The TV is ridiculous ! Older than my Great grandfather and could not see a thing on it ! Snow storm ! The shower door was broken , well off its rollers , in general the place could do with an upgrade !

The Spa therapist is excellent ! That was the high light of my stay there .

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Great property
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

Orientation to the property would have been nice and less attitude from this one employee.

The surrounding, the bar and services offered made the trip good.

the rooms not as expected from the pictures.
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

the rooms not as expected from the pictures. Not clean and poor conditions. Overnight VERY LOUD because of a party happening not too far from us. The security wouldn't do anything because they were too many.

Fantastic break
    • Cottage

Picturesque resort .... time stands still at pine lodge. Extremely peaceful ... definitely a winner in my eyes for ...escaping from the hussle and bustle of big city life. Loved everything and so did my kids. We will return very soon ;)

The only thing i liked about the property is the location
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

The room, the furniture, tv only had free to air channels, there was a door which linked to the other unit and wasn’t locked, and there was no notice on the door

The only thing i liked about the property is the location

Nothing provided to clean spills or other, ie broom, scoop...
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

Nothing provided to clean spills or other, ie broom, scoop dishwashing liquid; insufficient hooks/rails for towels; blankets insufficient for cold nights - no duvet for Xtra sleeper couch provided, 1 panel heater does not heat room sufficiently; no sweetener provided.

Could have been better!
    • Cottage

There was no dstv, so my kids were grumpy. One bulp was fused and I was told there weren't any extras. Cutlery and crockery not enough. No plastic cups and plates for children. I've requested to be close to the pool; but my request was declined. We also couldn't connect to the WiFi! Other than that; I enjoyed my stay at Pine Lodge! Thank you

I enjoyed the quiet environment.

The quietness.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

The monkeys invaded even though we were on the patio. They snuck in the window right behind us. They even challenged us when we tried to chase them.

The quietness.

It was really nice thank you guys my partner. Definitely will come again
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

I was there with my partner it would have been nice to have a bed we could share instead of single beds so it made the sleep a bit awkward. And neighbours should not have loud parties I think people can play music and enjoy a lovely braai but cut off loud music at a certain time.

You guys have a beautiful lodge i really love it there it gives peace of mind exactly what I needed and your staff are so friendly and helpful shout out to Zikhona & the lady with the braids sorry I didn't get her name but Zikhona will know whom in talking about lol.

Pleasant and comfortable.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

Would have liked my daughter to come over for a braai but the entry fee that she had to pay as a visitor was crazy. We ended up having to go out for supper and spend the evening sitting and chatting in her one roomed flat . We were there for her graduation the next morning.

A pleasant, holiday resort like stay just a few kms away from the city.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

Not easy to get from Pine Lodge to the beach. The only access seems to be behind the restaurant complex, but this is not well maintained. No sidewalks for walkers and cyclists on the road from Pine Lodge to Marine Drive. Marine Drive has sidewalks. Beach facilities next to Marine Drive are however very very overcrowded on weekends.

Holiday resort like facilities, despite being close to a large city.

Great experience
    • Cottage

Have an iron on the room, dstv channels and heater in bedrooms

Wow! Exactly as it looks on the pics even more tjo great experience already recommended t to my colleagues going in September.

Not what I hoped for
    • Luxury Chalet

I booked the luxury honeymoon cabin and after settling in found that there were no hot water. Were looking forward to use the spa bath in the room. They could not fix it as the maintanance staff left so they wanted us to shower in another cabin and I said that its not practical. They didnt have another luxury cabin available and we had to move into a normal 8 sleeper cabin. I was very disappointed but what could we do.I at least expected them to offer us a free night in the luxury cabin for all the inconvinience.

Very helpfull security guards

Excellent and most relaxing vacation/graduation.
    • Cottage

There was no wifi in the rooms. There was no ladder to climb on upper bunk bed, the children struggled to climb up.

Rooms were very neat and the heater worked excellent on the cold nights. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

It was a nice stay, will definitely book the place again
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

Getting someone to literally go with us to show us where the house is that we allocated to, not to only give us directions that were not really clear..

No, everything inside is perfect

It was peaceful
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

Wi-Fi only being available at reception. It should say when booking that wifi isn't available inside rooms. So we can know

If wifi is said to be available. One would think it would be at the house too. But I was told only at reception. How does that work if I need to do research while on a business trip.

Dissapointing
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

We arrived for check-in at 12:00 midday and we were told that check-in starts at 2, which was ok. We went about PE and and came back just after 2. To my disappointment, the room was still not ready. We waited at reception till just after 16:00. As if that was not enough, we arrived in our room only to find that there is a party next door. The high level of noise went on until a security officer intervened 22:00. I chose Pine Lodge because I was running away from city noise, I had an exam monday and due to these frustrations, I could not study at all.

The kitchen and bathroom is fine, there is room for improvement in the bedroom/living room(furniture and entertainment .

Safe and relaxing. Home away from home.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

The cleanliness upon arrival could have been improved on. Cleaning staff were tardy and came only when it suited them. The previous tenants only left when we arrived which meant that the room had not been tidied.

The rooms had clean bedding and were spacious. We had hot water throughout the day. The pool and entertainment area was great for the kids.

Other than issue with receptionist we had an amazing stay.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

I was extremely disappointed with the receptionist. When we had an issue with the channels on the TV and called receptionist they said they would sort it out but we had to call several times through put the day and the issue was never resolved.

6.0
    Nice/peaceful
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

the too thin matresses for adults (2 of the single beds) Dangerous shower setup (slippery bath due to shower gel/soap/shampoo) The braai grid Only 3 outside chairs - we were four adults) My one steak knife disappeared

Outdoor facilities, the restaurant, the environment - peaceful

bad and regrettable
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

Bed comfortability,Tv with no Dstv,No internet connection, small old 32cm tv..it was just a disaster i wont recomend anyone to book there

The location of the venue

The location is great.
    • Luxury Chalet

Please do not switch of the geyser every time the unit is serviced. Please leave some dish wash liquid and sponge in the unit - the kitchen items were not clean after being 'washed'. I do not mind doing it myself. The aggressive wild monkeys on site will soon need some attention.

The location is great. The restaurant, Ziggy's, was excellent. Enjoyed the food and vibe.

Not satisfied
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

I got to the venue and the chalet i was given had a damp and smoke smell..i specifically opted for a non smoking chalet...after much argument and being told I couldn't get a refund I was given another room that was just a mere reflection of the pictures displayed..pine lodge used to be a good relax affirdable destination. But after this experience, I wnt be going back again..

The place where it's located

The access and proximity to the beach.
    • Cottage

Behaviour around the swimming pool needs to be monitored. My daughter has 2 chipped teeth and lucky to be alive as an older child jumped on her in the pool while she was swimming. I now have numerous Doctors bills to deal with. The blaring noise from the neighbouring property kept us awake until 3am Sunday morning. Noisy neighbouring guests.

The access and proximity to the beach.

Peaceful and quiet.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

We had a 1 room which was good but if we had taken our kids or another couple we wouldn't have privacy as there are provision made for 4 people.

It was very neat, tidy and peaceful. Beds were comfortable. The only problem we had was struggling with the wi-FI as a result we did not make use of it. But we enjoyed our stay and definitely going back again with our kids as well. Thank you.

it was good after all
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

we checked in a hour later than 2 only 2 find a cleaner in our cabin still busy cleaning and changing bedding. we had 2 wait for her 2 complete her tasks before we could enter! that was not nice

the comfy bed

Location was good.
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

Floors were dirty, property requires an update.

Location was good. Spot where chalet was located was excellent. Staff responded well to oven that was not working.

Somehow the chalet we booked (as we did in the past via Booking.com) was not the one we expected.
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

Asked for luxury chalet like we always do, but was booked into a small chalet with extremely noisy neighbours. (2 x single beds for 4 x adults?). When we called upon reception to complain there was nobody in attendance. The telephone number provided by Booking.com went unanswered the whole night.

Always nice to stay at this venue, but disappointed in that booking was not executed properly.

We enjoyed the stay and the food at Figgys was excellent and the prices very good.
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

The patio furniture was dirty and should be cleaned as soon as people arrive as well as next morning whem the cleaners come in. The toaster was handed in at receiption as it did not work and it was never replaced

The location is fantastic. The people are very friendly. Overall stay was eccellent

Would not recomend or stay there again.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

The Shower was dirty. The grouting between the tiles was mouldy and black.(did not use the shower) Cold water tap on the basin was loose. The light in the bathroom did not work ,maybe so as not to show up the dirt. The tiles below the wash hand basin on the floor need replacing. (the previous pedesal basin has been replaced but not the tiles ) There needs to be some sort of curfew for residents making a noise until all sorts of hours during the night.

Not good
    • Cottage

They don't have WiFi in the rooms, the quality of the hotel isn't all that great but the money paid is far too high. They have these security measures that are annoying.

The room was big and tidy.

Comfortable. Sadly we did not get to fully enjoy the place due to other commitments.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

The loo paper was not of good quality. I would have preferred 2ply. The shower door gave us some problems(more of a mentainance issue).

The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. We were allowed to check in 2 hours earlier as I had requested due to us arriving much earlier.

Next time I would rather book a bigger room with more comfort
    • Twin Bungalow - Cara-Cabin

We only stayed for 2 nights and we only needed the place to sleep and change clothes. Very basic with the bed pushed against the cupboard. No fan made it extremely hot especially that we could not leave windows open due to monkeys

Proximity and easy access

Would never stay in the smaller chalets!!
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

First room bathroom doors all swollen and rooms dark and musty !!

First Room I booked into looked nothing like the site !! Was in-between Trees therefore were monkeys all over the place so a person couldn't even leave doors open or kids to play outside !!

Its nice and quiet relaxing atmosphere
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

We first booked a cabin nr 37 which was hot and microwave and dish cloths was dirty. Asked for a fan, said they were gona bring it but never did. No coffee or tea and no toilet paper was given.

Its nice and quiet relaxing atmosphere

THE POOL AREA WAS VERY REFRESHING
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

The room was stuffy and no fridge even though it didnt have a kitchen but at least have a small fridge available especially as it gets very hot and we stayed for 6 days . Had to wait until 16-30 to get into our room and the delay was unacceptable as we had to wait because of the previous people checking out late - j

THE POOL AREA WAS VERY REFRESHING

It was fine.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

The room had a very intense chemical smell when we arrived, it seemsed that ithad been closed up for a while so had to air it out and sleep with the windows open.

I imagine a wonderful family holiday but not a good one night stop over.

The room was in a shocking condition.
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

Most of it, the units are old and not poorly maintained.

The room was in a shocking condition. These chalets are old and very poorly maintained. We couldnt wait to leave. The bathroom was totally shocking in terms of neatness and gereral condition.

Lovely stay once again in PE!
    • Cottage

Our chalet wasn't ready on arrival and the first two gate tags were defective.

As usual the accommodation was good. Awesome time at Ziggy's with sun-downers and tapas and brilliant music

Not a very pleasant holiday experience for the costs involved.
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

Facilities weren't clean, there weren't enough deck chairs per the number of people statying in the room. Maintenance people entered the room one morning while people were still sleeping inside and then proceeded to do some repairs - unacceptable. The noise level from some of the other units was not controlled and the noise was quite intrusive late into the night. Could not leave the windows open on hot days as the monkey's got in and destroyed the accommodation as there are also no aircons in the rooms. The 2 sleeper couch mattresses should have been replaced years ago as you are virtually sleeping on a board due to their softness. The shower is actually inside a bath which is slippery and no non-slip shower mat is provided so showering can be dangerous.

Location was nice

Horrible. We didn't feel welcome, we were just tolerated and discriminated against.
    • Twin Bungalow - Cara-Cabin

The resort is a small racist hub. The room prep was more than an hour late, after driving for 12 hours to get there, we were still expected to wait. Ziggy's place onsite is racist,waited more than an hour to have our orders taken while white people are attended immediately. The room didn't even have simple tea station supplies. The housekeeping has thieves, I found a bug spray I left at a specific point gone a few minutes after they finished cleaning. The cleaning wasn't done properly, there were still smudges of food on the fridge n kitchen items from previous visitors. This is the worst resort I ever went to. They say they have a private beach but its the worst part of the beach, very rocky and has a limited area to relax on. Its a great view from far but not one for wanting to relax.

The security is very good.

Horrible,they blame u guys,booking.com

Check in,the staff were clueless and the supervisor couldn't afford to solve the problem,she couldn't even and solve it

Everything was a mess,spent 2 hours trying solve check in problems and I was over charged

Did not enjoy it there at all
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

when I got there the staff was busy with phones, the small shop , so I had to ask for everything eg Key, remote etc. the fridge was old, no DSTV and the cleaning staff don't knock before entering your private space. no breakfast. worst thing was our lodge was behind the camping sites so while we sleeping people are putting up their tents and that was very noisy.

The view.

average, could be better
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

No wifi code was, or it was selectively given. The arm band policy socks The beds - expected a double bed Unit had no kitchen and braai stand

The pool and the kids play area

We enjoyed the facilities, the staff and the accommodation.
    • Twin Bungalow - Cara-Cabin

There was only one teaspoon in the unit and no other cutlery. The pillows were a bit too soft but I guess better ones would be taken away.

The parking area left ample space for two cars. The water heated up very fast, which was great for water saving showering. The pool was great.

Great stay and place will definitely see us again soon.
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

The fact that our last five nights were in a 4 sleeper with no kitchen but not once were we informed when booking and communicating with the resort that there is no braai also. After a bit of a struggle we were brought a spare braai. Which we are very thankful for but could have saved us some trouble if we were informed correctly.

The resort and the way it's close to a lot of things to do. The tidiness of the resort.

I had a fantastic time. I will stay at Pine Lodge again or even recommend it to friends.
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

Irons must be included in the chalets because I had to pay R100 to borrow an iron even though it's refundable.

I liked everything about the chalet we were occupying, especially the friendly staff at the Reception

We loved being so near to sea and several amenities on the resort.
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

The fact that we had to pack up and move and so did other clients at the resort. Moving around is a huge problem. But we got better chalet fir final 2 nights!

Our chalet, although we had to move, was with a view and excellent!

An affordable, basic stay with lovely location and view.
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

The service was slightly sub-standard and staff members did not go to any extra trouble. The basics were there but the interior of the rooms were run-down.

The location and surroundings are wonderful. The view from our unit and it’s braai facility was picturesque. The lodge is situated on a very beautiful part of the South African coastline with a wide variety of views and quaint beaches. The location of the lodge meant that the beach is a five-minute walk away.

Okay.but we wont stay there again
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

We couldnt check in at 14:00....room was only ready after 16:00.that was n HUge problem travelling with 3 small children and arriving there with with tired little ones and we cant enter the room....

Nice and clean

Dissapointing
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

The room, the bedding, we asked for tv remote 3 times, had to go back to reception to get tag for access to our unit, as it didn’t work. Glas doo of our unit was broken. Bad experience overall. No value for money

Was okay though beds comfort and wifi , parking not next to our chalet. That caused inconvenience.

Kitchen facility

BeDo not comfortable and mattress not clean. Sleeper couches bed not covered by duve cover. Unavailability of wifi in rooms was a nightmare. Did not get welcome coffee nor corrissants neither knew were offered.

There was too much noise at night, loud music from cars and...
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

There was too much noise at night, loud music from cars and people shouting and partying outside. The cleaner knocked insistently on the door in the afternoon while I was sleeping. The room should be cleaned in the morning. Monkeys took our food and clothes. The admin people at the desk said they don't have enough staff and can't cope. -unacceptable. Some of the staff were rude and simply walked away or got aggressive. I cannot recommend this place. There was no coffee or tea or sugar in the room.

Despite various challenges, we enjoyed our stay, and would probably return.
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

A booking error was made by the facility,which,I was told would mean that we, but not my guests, would be able to be accommodated. After pressing home the point that the error was on their side, and not mine, a plan was made in the end to accommodate my guests, much to my chagrin, and finally, relief! Our chalet was very small, and the toaster didn't work (which became an issue when we cldn't find the breakfast venue as elucidated below!) The "front of house" reception staff were ill informed and unhelpful. (We had to ask a number of people where breakfast was to be had, and at what time...we were given a variety of erroneous responses to these questions! ) When we first arrived we were given very sketchy directions as to how to get to our chalet, and, in fact, met up with two other families also bent on trying to find accurate directions as to where to locate their chalets. The hedges were unkempt, needed trimming, and blocked the sea view...the reason for our booking at a seaside venue in the first place! The camping accommodation seemed more generous, although cheaper,than the chalet accommodation, and we will probably book in here for both us and our guests on our next visit.

The variety of activities for the children.

Friendly staff , cleanliness and facilities
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

Broken fridge door... waterbottle falling out when door is opened Faded lettering on stove Monkies running wild on the roof

Friendly staff , cleanliness and facilities

Ok
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

Too much noise from one unit, literally the whole night. We were at Unit O, unit across from ours. Stamping feet...the whole night. When I made this booking it had said breakfast was included, LIE...no breakfast. I am glad my stay was short. I would definitely go back, but short stay always...one night

Bed was comfortable... Beach literally a stone throw away. Reception staff was friendly, even though I thought they didn't tell us more about this place.

Worth going back as it offers decent value in a family-friendly setting.
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

Fridge very small for family self-catering. Insufficient cushions for pool loungers.

Great Manager who arranged fun activities for the kids, not just facilitating but actively participating.

We enjoyed the experience.
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

The cleanliness of the beach that side 👎🏽,but i suppose its all nature and nothing can be done about it.😁

It was value for money,based on what i have paid.It was really pleasant to take beach walks with the family.

It was a great place to be. Clean, safe, no hassles.
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

Couldn't watch the news. TV was snowy and poor quality coverage. Remote did not despite battery changes. Parking at 29 is a bit tricky. Laundry services and outdoor activities should be introduced on arrival at Reception, especially their location. Doing laundry through the housekeeper does not work as guests don't get to meet them to sign laundry list or give further instructions.

Bedding was clean. Room was very clean and comfortable.

It was a lovely stay.

The facilities in the rooms were a bit old, plus not all rooms that we booked had white linen.

The area the lodge is situated in is very beautiful and serene. Plus I liked the fact that there was an emergency button in each room for security measures.

Only stayed there for a family get together & sporting event.
    • Chalet with No Kitchen (4 Adults)

Beds very low and hard, pillows flat like pancakes. Tiny TV. Although near the beach, the room had zero view, as it was surrounded by high hedges. Overall it gave a run-down impression but it wasn't cheap.

rooms were clean, people friendly.

Complete waste of Money. Will never go back there. Avoid this place.
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

The rooms carpet was so dirty that our feet got brown. The wifi wasn’t there even though password was given, upon asking from the staff, they just shrugged their shoulders. This place needs some serious renovation. The utensils were incomplete. The kids play area and all other fun things are just a scam. Coz they are only for parties and the people who book them in advance.

It’s close to the sea.

Pine Lodge Resort's empty promises
    • Luxury Chalet

Ziggy's restaurant blaring music very loud on Pine Lodge property, drunk people on premises,fights with broken beer bottles,total opposite of how Pine Lodge describes themself to their guests! There was no peace and quiet, it was unsafe, disgraceful and loud and Pine Lodge would rather refund me than turning that noise off and THAT is very sad. We loved the chalet and what it promised to be, but Ziggy's and management taints the beautiful Pine Lodge, making it another hang out place like any other place in the city, and it reveals that Pine Lodge Resort's real guests turns out to be Ziggy's patrons. Pathetic!!!

The beautiful luxury chalet.

Good
    • Twin Bungalow - Cara-Cabin

The fact that the type of unit was not specified upon booking, for instance we took it for granted that it is a self catering unit only to get there and find out it is not.

The unit was clean and neat and staff helpful.

MY STAY WAS AWESOME
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

THE FACT THAT THE TWO SINGLE BEDS WHERE MADE AS ONE IT WAS VERY UNCOMFITABLE BECAUSE WE COULDNT SLEEP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BED AS THE WOODEN FRAME CAUSED DISCOMFORT AND ALSO THE FACT THAT THERE WAS SINGLE SIZED BEDDING USED ,FELT LIKE ME AND MY HUSBAND WAS SLEEP ON SEPPRATE BEDS

THE FOOD AND THE VEWI

When I arrived I was shocked to the core that Booking.
    • Twin Chalet -Site Cabin

When I arrived I was shocked to the core that Booking.com had sent my credit card details to Pine lodge which I find a huge security risk to me. I want to know why this was done as I now have to have my card changed. I hope somebody actually reads this as I will not recommend Booking.com

Annoying
    • Chalet (4 Adults) - Open Plan

The booking was a mess - they moved us during the stay with no notice or warning. There was no regard for the inconvenience caused and several guests during our time there experienced the same thing.

was disappointed about the overall experience
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

restaurant were occupied with loud beer drinking students. I walked in out straight out again. not the kind of place to take your family for a meal on my arrival they questioned my payment and only found it after 10 minutes of searching for it rooms and particularly the bathrooms are in need of renovation not value for money

when I left the following day.

We had a great stay despite the initial cleanliness issue and the noise from other guests partying
    • Chalet with Kitchen (4 Adults)

The cleanliness of our unit on check in. There was the last guests rubbish still in the bin and a squashed spider on the wall. Holes in the towels and stain on the duvet cover. Our neighbors had a huge party in their room and were playing loud music and shouting and swearing till around 3am when I reported it to reception the next day the receptionist smiles and said yes she also heard them but would report it to her superior.

The location. The children's entertainment areas.

In general it was good.
    • Twin Bungalow - Cara-Cabin

Extractor fan in shower dirty. Cupboards need maintenance. Beds in front of cupboards.. Make it difficult to access as beds quite heavy to move.

Serene environment.. Entertainment facilities.

I loved it so much so that I am going back in December.
    • Cottage

Games room?? Table tennis bats were very old! next time I am bringing mine. I was not given the free WiFi code, so only now I know that there was free WiFi.

It is NOT a THREE star, it was way more than that. I loved the place and it si going to be my annual vacation spot. I just loved it. Value for money.

Browse Pine Lodge Resort traveller photo gallery