2. South Africa hotel reviews
  3. Western Cape hotel reviews
  4. Cape Town hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of President Hotel

Reviews of President Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

4 Alexander Road, Bantry Bay, Sea Point, 8001 Cape Town, South Africa

#93 of 184 hotels in Cape Town

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

This is a really lovely hotel, I highly recommend it for a couple days
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

the carpets going down to room are filthy, they have stains everywhere. the staff are lovely but the pool attendant thought he could charge for coffees without presenting the bill. the spa needs to be re-looked at it's not a spa but rather a guest room adapted.

the position of this hotel is really outstanding, the room was adequate the bed was too soft , they changed the mattress straight away. the highlight is definitely the breakfast, what a spread, served on the pool area it is pure bliss. the pool area is very nice as well.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2019

Great location in the Mother city
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

A few maintenance issues. 2-point plug in room didn't work. A small globe in room entrance didnt' work Had to wait around 15minutes for room at check-in at 5pm Room advertised with mountain view (instead had view of large apartment building blocking any view ) Wanted a double bed, instead the room had twin beds

Good location. Friendly staff. Great breakfast

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

I was horrified how The President has dropped in standard since my last stay
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Fighting for a lounger and umbrella with the day casuals and the poof menu round the pool which does not change in the evening

The pool was well kept clean and the cocktails were goid

Pleasant
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Luckily i got the 2 nights on Booking.com at a reasonable rate but i would Never have paid full price for our room, yes we had mountain view but it was small, i requested double bed but got singles, no water in room until second day and when they came in on the second night to put chocolates they took our towels so we only had one, the shower cubicle wasnt draining away very fast and the drains did smell to start with.

The breakfast was good! The area close to the beach and good restaurants.

BEAUTIFUL! WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

I HAVE ENJOYED EVERY MOMENT!

When I have arrived with my partner, I was excited and amazed by the view and where it was situated. Loved everything about the breakfast! the staff is helpful and most friendly. I am making a plan to return :)

Location is perfect.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Staff need a whole lot more training and carpets in passage are filthy

Location is perfect. Reception staff need a LOT more training. I was NOT given the room I booked

• Reviewed: February 18, 2019

Great stay, would go again
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Breakfast staff could be more friendly. Beds were bit lumpy.

Beautiful scenery. Doorman and reception staff were great! Beautiful hotel and spa on site was a treat!

Very enjoyable weekend.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

There were tiny cockroaches around sink kettle and coffee machine. I did bring this to the attention of the cleaning staff.

Beds were comfy attentive staff at pool and breakfast.

Thy most delicious breakfast, clean rooms and excellent staff
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

not enough towels for my partner, also sheets were not changed everyday we had to request our sheets be changed after noticing

Thy most delicious breakfast, clean rooms and excellent staff

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Wasn't worth the money I spent for that room.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Not organized. I got booked into a room that already someone was occupying and i literally walked into the man sleeping. Also had to wait for a long time for housekeeping to bring me an iron

• Reviewed: February 16, 2019

Only the location
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The staff were careless.. despite requesting clean towels (calling them constantly) speaking to front office staff... throughout the stay housekeeping department never took care of proper amenities (like water ... towels) Hotel management also didn’t bother to handle the complaint with no follow ups. On the valentine day hotel organised party by the pool, however nothing was communicated to hotel in-house guest and were completely ignored and asked to stay away from pool area. Not at all worth single penny!

Only the location

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

Lackluster service but lovely location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Mountain View

My room was on the ground floor and could only be accessed by three flights of stairs. It was a huge schlep to walk up and down as well as rely on the concierge to assist me with my luggage. The glass doors of the room are secured with burglar gates which is some what worrisome for a hotel but also I appreciate the added security. The room next door to mine held a party on our shared balcony that lasted till the early hours of the morning. I did call down to the front desk to report the incident. The lady that answered the call was empathetic and understanding and said she would send someone up but the noise continued for many hours so I am highly doubtful the incident was further investigated. I had dinner at the restaurant. The food was mediocre and the service atrocious. I returned to my room to call down to report I had eaten dinner. Two hours later I was called back to pay the bill at 11pm.

The front desk staff were friendly, efficient and very understanding.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

The comfortable bed, the staff and service, the pool area,...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Awful rooms that didn’t match the rest of the upgraded hotel. Instead of renovating they have disguised the dated room with paint and tiles. We were moved to floor 2 where the rooms have slightly more modern furniture. Floor 5 was awful, and very outdated

The comfortable bed, the staff and service, the pool area, the breakfast

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

I liked the surprise free upgrade!
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Our room was not ready on our arrival, despite indicating an arrival time.

I liked the surprise free upgrade! The wine list is also good and very reasonable priced.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

The property is located very close to the beach with the...
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The only thing i didnt like was the rude room service that brought the food

The property is located very close to the beach with the most beautiful view. The hotel was very lovely

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

4.5
    Rooms in dire need of a renovation!!!

The rooms are old, beds are saggy and uncomfortable and pillows shocking. We were given threadbare pool towels with holes in them for the beach- really embarrassing :( The window in our room did not close as its the incorrect window so we heard noise from the bar at night. Carpets on the third floor are old and shabby. Expected way more from a 4 star hotel.

The breakfast had a huge variety and was enjoyable. Staff and bar facilities good. Enjoyed the outdoor area and pool. Public areas good - rooms a disgrace for the price we paid!! Hotel is well located.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Ok hotel but room a bit of a let down
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Booked a room with a sea view but the view was not a real sea view (buildings and sea far away).The photo used by booking.com showed a sea view with a balcony (attached) but there was no balcony. Also paid £240 per night as I booked well in advance and whilst we were there the rooms were being sold for around £100 on Booking.com. My advice would be to book a room you can cancel and check the price nearer to arrival as you can save a lot. Also be prepared for Cape Town power cuts they seem to occur every day just as you are getting ready to go out (not a hotel problem, all the bars and shops are also in the dark)

Staff in general were ok. Good pool but very busy at the weekend.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

The stay was more that perfect
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The lousy reception which made it difficult for coworkers yo check in due to misinformation. The hotel needs to start trusting clients if i ask that let someone in i am coming to make a payment which was messed up by the hotel

It’s a beautiful hotel at a very convinient area, and it met the price value

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Perfect place, close to the wonderful seafront where you can...
    • Two Bedroom Two Bathroom Apartment Sea Facing

Hotel was open by President Mandela in 1998, I think renovation should be in place soon

Perfect place, close to the wonderful seafront where you can walk or do your morning exercise. Really nice pool with sea water !!!

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Food was tasty, staff were very friendly
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Service was poor, extremely slow to get food or even drinks ary the pool. rooms and pool area nice, a bit crowded at the pool. Corridors needs to be updated, really let the hotel down.

Food was tasty, staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

The pool, the view and the fantastic room.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The check in. We arrived at 1 49pm and when we I asked a staff member walking by if there were more staff to help check she rudely replied they check in was actually only at 2pm...

The pool, the view and the fantastic room. Great value!

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Amazing place, we enjoyed our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

The menu at the restaurant had limited options, it will be good if you can enhance it...beside that I’m definitely coming back!!!🙌🏻👏🏼

Amazing place, we enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly...more especially the reception & room service teams. Nice breakfast, the rooms were clean & spacious. I really enjoyed my stay...😍

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Been there a few times. Never going back
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Apon arrival the receptionist first allocates you the room that I didn’t book. When I got to the room, pulled up my emails and went back to her and tell her it was not what I paid for. She in a language says something then allocates me another room. This time she puts me on the 6th floor. This floor is in disrepair as the rest have been refurbished but not this one. The shower is turned down to safe water, but my shower takes 15 min instead of 5 min because there is no water pressure. When I checked out this morning, they asked if I enjoyed my stay ? I responded no. He then says thank you and I can go.

Breakfast was ok

Bad !!!
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

When I came to check in the lady was super rude ! It’s not even a hotel it’s only a hotel apartment ! The room is dated and the furniture most of it broken! It’s the worst hotel to stay in Cape Town ! The windows are not even double glassed so good luck with sleep at night ! The Air con ! Is a another story !

Nothing. !

• Reviewed: February 8, 2019

Cape Town's best location.
    • Two Bedroom Two Bathroom Apartment Sea Facing

Room could have done with a refurb, but clean & tidy.

The location was perfect, loved the amount of space in two bedroom, two bathroom, kitchenette apartment with a fantastic balcony sea view, which was in the sun all day! Great breakfast selection and a lovely pool bar with a happy hour to chill out in the late afternoon. Hotel staff were perfect in every way.

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

Awesome! Too short
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Only improvement is a bigger vehicle for shuttle to waterfront

Breakfast was outstanding . Staff were very helpful, especially at reception , dining room and maintenance ( and security). Only improvement is a bigger vehicle for shuttle to waterfront

• Reviewed: February 7, 2019

Nice hotel. Not worth the extra money you pay.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The room was very basic for the money we paid which was higher than other properties in the area. Bar area surprisingly small.

Breakfast was very good, various different foods to choose from! Reception area and pool looked nice with nice views of the sea etc.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2019

The location is brilliant and the breakfast buffet
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

I booked a room with a mountain view yet had no view of any mountain. Check in at only 2:30 is inconvenient if you arrive early but the baggage storage did assist. I also requested a double bed but was given two singles

The location is brilliant and the breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

It was convenient and comfortable.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The reception area is quite small with only two people at the desks so when I checked out at 11:00, the check out time, a few other guests were dong the same and a very large group of tourists had arrived and were checking in. So it was extremely crowded and confusing and the process was slow.

I like that the hotel is conveniently located and close to everything. The check in process was quick. I enjoyed that even though the hotel is book, it is quiet and one cannot hear anyone/anything from inside your room.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

The outside place with the pool was nice.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The staff in general was not very kind and helpful. The lady that helped us with the check in was really grumpy and the forgot to tell us a lot of the information needed. I expected more from the money we had to pay.

The outside place with the pool was nice.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2019

I would recommend the hotel, as it is nicely located, and staff pleasant.

Service was inconsistent, and slow at times. The tea and coffee supplied in the room was not always replenished.

Nicely located hotel. Good breakfasts with pleasant staff. Rooms are laid out nicely, with the basic amenities provided.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Great location, decent property but can definitely improve in some areas
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

2 issues in fact. 1) my room was located next to the service/emergency exit staircase and the door was broken 2 out of 5 nights i was there hence I had major issues sleeping through the night. When I called to complain and ask for a room change after the first night the front desk assured me it will not happen again for later to have the same issue in the middle of the night when was too late for me to have an alternative. 2) Your room stewards need better training on how to clean the rooms, especially bathrooms. My shower was not properly cleaned in 5 days. Towels were not refreshed and had to be brought later, bottles of water were not replenished and the list goes on.

Lovely breakfast spread and great location. Safe and overall a good property.

• Reviewed: February 1, 2019

Staff give hotel it's 4-star quality
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The pool was a zoo on weekends as it is offered as a public facility (daily) for a nominal fee for adults, refundable if you buy food and free for kids under 12. So one adult with 5-6 children in tow, multiplied, quickly overtook the pool, with loungers and umbrellas from storage being set up so multi rows saw hotel guests scrambling for space and towels. Some 35 children under 12 screaming and running, and you know...made the pool let's say, cloudy and unappealing. Can you imagine choosing the President for a Christmas holiday retreat? If guests fees subsidize public access, then there should be rules, time limits and some sense that pushing food and drinks ( from privately run food service) to offset entrance fees is not more important than guests paying $200++ /night. The salon is run separately from hotel staffing, obvious by blue jeans and tee shirts and a contemptuous attitude that " my pleasure" didn't conceal. Technicians were excellent but under-appreciated by employer so no ambiance, unlike the salons up Regent Street.......Restaurant evening menu and room service is limited, and forget the spaghetti and meatballs as Regent has authentic Italian.

The concierge, customer relations, shuttle bus, pool and room attendants, and mostly the breakfast cooks and staff were excellent. The breakfast was beyond ample, varied and consistent. The pool was large, an anomaly, as other equal hotels offer mini pools and it was the main draw as I had a back injury. Easy walk to various retailers and restaurants up Regent Street and to the11km malecon.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2019

Fantastic location, hotel facilities of a high standard.

Nothing negative to say.

Fantastic location, hotel facilities of a high standard. Free Shuttle bus service to the waterfront was a extra. Excellent choice of good quality produce for breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Good location - lovely staff in restaurant
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Stayed for 10 days and left in the evening. Was told shower facilities for guests who had checked out and had late departure. Limited facilities - 1 shower- no hairdryer etc.

Good location - lovely staff in restaurant

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Disappointing in all ways except for the breakfast
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

I literally could not have been more disappointed. All descriptions lead with the infinity pool... which is a good thing to lead with cos everything else is kind of sub-standard. The shower was blocked in our room, our room wasn't cleaned on the first day and when I asked them to do it, it took them another three hours. By that time, it was 1900, and we were chilling in our room. The cleaning lady was really rude when I explained that we'd rather her not clean our room when we're in it. The pizza at the restaurant looks good but is a solid 5/10. The breakfast is good, but on none of the mornings we were there were we allowed to sit in the nice dining area. We had to sit in the ''business centre'' which was as clinical as it sounds. The seagulls in the outdoor area are an absolute nightmare and I saw at least three people's breakfasts being stolen by the world's most aggressive and greedy birds. The ''travel desk'' is such a joke. We asked for a nice restaurant near the hotel, and the lady literally typed into Google 'restaurants near President Hotel'. I mean... we could have done that ourselves. Just super disappointed with everything.

The breakfast was really good, even if the coffee took about 15 minutes to arrive. The parking facilities were also good, and the location is pretty good too.

• Standard Double Room with Mountain View

They were busy telling me that the money is short,while I paid full amount & they place me in the room that I didn't book.but after Phumla solved everything.

Phumla solved the problem & placed me in the right room,she went all out to helped me.the room was beautiful the bed was comfortable.

Highly recommended
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The staff were nice but always had hesitations. For example we asked for towels by the pool and they told us that we need to use them immediately and not wait and come back in a few minutes. Other than that the staff were great and it's a beautiful hotel.

Beautiful views

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Amazing looking 4* hotel from the outside, I would truly only consider it 3.5*. Needs to improve.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

No powerpoints near bedside table to charge phone, no table to eat at if you order room service, very small TV in my room (about 32 inch), room service wasn’t the best experience (I speak perfectly clear English but the girl that took my order called three times to clarify. Another then called to confirm the wine was correct. One of the ey ingredients on the deli pizza was salami, but mine came with no salami). Notice a few inconsistencies with regards to housekeeping (I.e. housekeeping cleaning products accidentally left in my bathroom and toilet, chocolates left on my pillow only 3 times but my stay was 8 nights. Lots of staff working around the pool but quite difficult to get their attention).

Room is a good size, bed was comfy, good storage, good water pressure in shower, great view on pool side, great breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

- The hotel is in a good location - everywhere was 10-15...
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

- There is a real mix of people staying at this hotel which makes it hard to cater for. There are a huge amount of cabin crew who stay here - taking over the pool area with lots of chatter and drinks orders. Then there are older and younger couples. Lots of the older couples were complaining a lot. No families and I think that’s best as it’s not particularly children orientated. - By the pool the service for drinks and food was really slow. It took so long to even get a waiter or waitresses attention, let alone getting ordered and paying for the bill. You would often speak to one person then not see them again for 30 mins. They need a better system for this - if it’s too time consuming doing service from sunbeds they should just say everyone has to order from the bar so it’s more controlled. - Generally the waiters and waitresses weren’t very friendly and were unenthusiastic - the worst customer service in my whole two weeks in SA. - The food and drink was relatively expensive compared to everywhere else we ate (it was nice though).

- The hotel is in a good location - everywhere was 10-15 min uber away really and it’s a short walk to Seapoint promenade, shops and restaurants. - The porters were really helpful and friendly. - Our room was really nice, with everything we needed and a huge bed. - The room and hotel was very clean. - Good selection of foods at breakfast. - Good and free parking.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

The hotel although nice did not meet my expectations nor did some of the staff.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Reception poor, I booked last May and asked for a high floor plus a balcony and a seaview, I received floor number 2 , no balcony and a partial seaview although the reception desk had me wait half an hour and then said my requests had been met. I requested a move and was told it was not possible until the next day, that's a problem when you have a lot of luggage and you have to live out of a suitcase for 2 days out of 3.

Croissants were doughy. Beds were comfortable, smoking areas nearly non existant.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Overrated hotel with poor customer service. Get rid of the rats in the breakfast area!!
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Paid extra for seaview which turned out to be first floor view to a parking lot and a palm tree. When pointed out to staff they blamed Booking.com and said they would get back to me which they never did. Saw a rat run through the outdoor breakfast area during breakfast. When pointed out this was also not taken seriously by staff. Will never be back.

Nice breakfast and pool area.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Over all, we enjoyed our stay. Will love to come again
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

I didn't find the staff very friendly. Reception was very welcoming and friendly, but the rest of the staff walking past you, unfortunately not too friendly. Staff at the restaurant were very friendly and helpful, but the barmen didn't pay too much attention

Very comfortable room and bed. Everything was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

The stay in President Hotel made my birthday weekend celebrations to be the best ever.I enjoyed that
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

My room was not made up on Sat 26/01 so I had to call the reception for it to be clean. I came back it was clean in the evening.

The hotel is clean,beautiful,breathtaking interior design,pool, every staff was very nice, nice breakfast,the location of the hotel is beautiful.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2019

Room great.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Meals take long to come. They give you plastic straws automatically. No questions asked. Paper off and its in the drink. Sad and frustrating!

Room great. Pool great!

• Reviewed: January 25, 2019

Excellent location, pleasant setting and common areas.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Rooms outdated. Need refurbishment. Old fittings and inadequate facilities for charging of cell phones etc. Extremely noisy air extractor in bathroom. Kept us awake and didn’t sleep all night. Noisy busy hotel with buses coming and going and queues at reception.

Excellent location, pleasant setting and common areas. Helpful and friendly staff.

Lovely breakfast.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

When we made the booking, I asked the two rooms must be close to each other, but we were given rooms on the 2nd and 5th floor. We also did not like to be called in our rooms, not nice when taking a nap.

Lovely breakfast. Beautiful view. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

When we come back we’ll definitely stay here again
    • Two Bedroom Two Bathroom Apartment Sea Facing

Can’t think of anything apart from allowing general public in pool area on sundays. The pool area was rammed. Apart from that it was great.

The friendliness of the staff. So attentive!!

Everything else!
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The hotel had me as a single even though I indicated 2 guests when booking through booking.com. this resulted in over $100 of additional charges.

Everything else!!

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

• Standard Double Room with Mountain View

House keeping took forever to deliver water that was not supplied when we arrived at the room. Also we asked for the two single beds to be converted to a dubble. That also took very long. The soap and shampoo in the shower were empty.

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

A great holiday destination
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

the room was poor. not enough cupboard space for two people. some of the light globes were not working. the room was situated, overlooking the parking garage. i cannot believe i paid the full rate for this!! There was absolutely no View!! i will definitely visit this hotel again, but will be very careful as to the location of the room.

the staff were super!! the breakfast was great. the pool was awesome. the location of the hotel is perfect..

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

Great value and location
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

For the price, nothing. On-site parking cost extra but not excessive - worth it for the added security.

Great, well-furnished room, particularly for the price. Very well located and staff very friendly and helpful. Good breakfast included in the price. All in all a great deal for what was provided. Highly recommend for the price bracket.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2019

The Room Service was shocking- I ordered breakfast at 9.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The Room Service was shocking- I ordered breakfast at 9.00 o clock in the morning and it had not arrived when I left the hotel at 10.30after many calls The bed was comfortable but I was biten to death by bugs - woke up in the morning covered in bites The shower head was broken in my shower and no one bothered to fix it The products in the bathroom - the shampoo and the gel were clogged up and hard to get out the bottles I rate this hotel 0/10 and will never be returning

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Would stay at the Hotel again, but comments made here should be attended to!

The Shower water took 15 Minutes to get hot water. Definitely not good for a hotel like the President. The service at the pool area was slow, also never received our order once. Needs improvement in getting staff to put up umbrellas,couldn't find them without asking towel personnel to help find them. lift doors close a bit too quickly.

• Reviewed: January 21, 2019

Very enjoyable stay, the comments aforementioned raised our irritability.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

A full spray shower as opposed to an extreme singular hard jet spray. As a supposedly double room, two comfortable chairs as opposed to one would have been more desirable. A double large double bed assumes two occupants, hence two bedside pedestals would have held a coffee on each. The Room we occupied only had one bedside pedestal. For the above reasons the room we occupied was inadequate in this regard. David Collie. London/Hermanus.

Location was good and bedding/breakfast staff were excellent, reception porters was very poor on arrival. In fact on departure I did not use the porters and took all baggage myself to the underground car park. The room only had one bedside pedestal, the shower head was very poor and functioned inadequately, and the room only had one armchair. The ultimate comfort of the room lacked sensible balance.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

Location and facilities.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Mountain View

Staff took forever to sort us with change after paying for 2 cappocinos.. but otherwise the stay in itself was stunning.

Location and facilities.. Generally the service is fantastic. Pool is always a attraction and food selection thru-out day and breakfast is top class.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

Great location, brilliant sea views, the two bedroom and two...
    • Two Bedroom Two Bathroom Apartment Sea Facing

Great location, brilliant sea views, the two bedroom and two bathroom apartment, with kitchenette & balcony was well laid out and spacious. Staff could not have been more friendly & helpful! Massive selection for the breakfast buffet. The place to stay in Cape Town.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

Stayed in Room 637.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Stayed in Room 637. TV way too small. Mostly had cold or luke warm showers. Geyser issue. Air-con was set to 5 degrees, coldest setting and felt like 23 degrees. Was only just okay. Something not right with the air-con.

Stayed in Room 637. Nice view over the pool, and the sea. Breakfast good. Service excellent. Location great. Property well maintained. Room spacious.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2019

The hotel is friendly and well kept.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The pool area is too small. The reception staff are too overwhelmed and can’t answer your questions. The cleaners come into the room several times a day, starting with some knocks at 8am when you’re trying to sleep, through to late evening when you’re trying to relax. The cleaners also threw away several personal items which were never retrieved and have been costly to replace.

The hotel is friendly and well kept. The rooms are spacious.

I liked the view and the swimming pool area
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Very dirty under the beds, I asked for a queen and got to singles. Shower drain also did not drain well and the aircon could not make cold enough, room was hot

I liked the view and the swimming pool area

Good vibe
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Mountain View

The mountain view room we booked had parking lot views... they offered another room with better views, but that one had old furniture so we kept the original. The gym is very dated and small.

Excellent pool with a good vibe. Big room (more like small apartment). Location is quite central, and they also offer free shuttle to the waterfront. Overall, a good 4-star hotel.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

just okay nothing near 4 star service
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

they had a mobile phone for guests, never got to use it, it is out of battery and they never ever charge them, had to go to reception every 4 hours and most times after charging when they did, they gave to another guest. the cleaning personnel made the bed and left the room in a mess. overall service is nothing short of a disaster, had better service from a 1 star hotel.

the buffet breakfast swimming pool facilities

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

views in two of our three rooms were great and proximity to shops and beaches very convenient

broken or damaged furniture reported but never replaced, lack of wine glasses and bowls to heat food in microwave provided in rooms, scruffy looking passageways damaged by maintenance trolleys

staff always ready to address issues, breakfast great, location great

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

Very good place to stay in Cape Town
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Very friendly staff, Great breakfaster. Large spacious rooms. You get a free cellphone to use during your stay (including free phone calls and internet) which turned out to be very useful for us

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

We loved the location as the bus stops for the Red and Blue...
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

We loved the location as the bus stops for the Red and Blue Buses were so close to the entrance of the hotel. The hotel is fresh and airy, and our bedroom was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The breakfasts were great with good quality food and a large variety. The staff were friendly and the service we received from all the staff members that we came into contact with, was great! We can't wait to come back again.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

The staff were all very friendly and 'happy'.
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The room was a little worn. The bathroom was small but I only booked a standard room.

The staff were all very friendly and 'happy'. I had a pizza by the pool and dinner in the restaurant both were fine.

Disappointing experience at the President Hotel
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Over and hour wait to check in after the stipulated check in time. Room service dismal. Never answered the phone. Phoned the restaurant and was told to fetch my own food. Breakfast was chaos - they seemed incapable of dealing with peak times. Coffee orders forgotten, not enough seating and the buffet was average and messy. Staff doing eggs forgot orders - I had to order an omelette three times! Service around the pool excruciatingly slow Overall really disappointing service experience.

Hotel is well-positioned Rooms are modern and clean Pizza restaurant is great

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Excellent hotel.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Sea View

Gym was bad. Room selected was not provided and had to change the room to get sea view.

Excellent pool and location. Nice breakfast. Very good facility and staff. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Pleasant but could be better
    • Two Bedroom One Bathroom Apartment Sea Facing

The beds were very uncomfortable and so was the settees in the lounge. As a result the lounge was hardly ever used.

Breakfasts was good but could have a slight change everyday. It becomes monotonous and boring after the second one.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Everything.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Everything. Very fast check in. I asked for a late check out at the last minute as my flight was late at night and they helped me right away (i did have to pay extra for ot but I was expecting it). The location is great. Every staff we dealt with was very nice. I will definitely go back to President Hotel.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

we like to come back
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The air conditioning was extremely loud At breakfast we were sitting outside and every time both of us stood up to go inside the staff removed our coffee. A little more attention in were the people are going would be nice. Children playing and running in the passage

Excellent breakfast. Very good variety. Internet worked good and it was not to difficult to get online. Rooms are comfortable with good bedding We liked the security to get into the room with the key cards

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

• Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The staff baking the eggs at the breakfast buffet both were very unpleasant, my husband experienced the same and people standing around me had the same to say. They gave the impression they don't like what they do and that it was an effort to bake the eggs. Not friendly at all no customer relations or even a smile or a friendly greeting. Not impressed really. They also cleaned our table while we went for breakfast and nearly gave our table away to other guests, Cappachino had to be ordered twice before it came.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

Everything about the hotel was a great experience, except...
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

Everything about the hotel was a great experience, except the fact that you only allowed to check in at two and then you have to stand in a queue, then reception still phone room service to make sure your room is clean, that was shocking. We already waited two hours, then you want to tell my room might still not be ready... Def need to look into this, be more adjustable, never been to a hotel or guest house where they were so strict about the 14:00 check-in.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

breakfast
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

they put us in the last room in the first floor (pool level, which is basically one floor down the ground floor), there was no privacy, we had to keep the courtains close all the time. very expensive for the value. the bed is tiny, my partner has 1,70m ( so not very tall) and couldnt fit. I had mentioned to the hotel when I did the reservation that it was our anniversary and we were booked for a high room with mountain view.

breakfast

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

Amazing location, very close to a hop on hop off bus stop,...
    • Standard Double Room with Mountain View

The room was not well cleaned (there was food from the previous guests on the fridge among other things). The pool was very noisy in the afternoon and full of people (loud music and some people in the pool who were not staying in the hotel). There was nobody responsible for the pool (adults playing with a ball and a raquet in the kids pool, people reserving the pool chairs without being there).

Amazing location, very close to a hop on hop off bus stop, very nice pool. Very kind and gentle people, good internet.

We Price Match