2. South Africa hotel reviews
  3. Gauteng hotel reviews
  4. Johannesburg hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Johannesburg Melrose Arch

Reviews of Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Johannesburg Melrose Arch This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Whitely Street; Melrose Arch Precinct; Melrose Arch, Melrose, 2076 Johannesburg, South Africa

#45 of 117 hotels in Johannesburg

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Good,

I felt that some of the reception staff were rather, not arrogant (too strange a word), but I felt they thought they were doing me a favour when dealing with me. Also I didn’t like the hotel’s practice of charging a large sum on checking in as a “credit” and then giving the unspent portion back at end of visit. The account at checkout became very complicated and I was worried about being ripped off. I advise guests to only pay for basic accommodation on check in and pay for extras a you go. The only hotel I have ever encountered this system . Otherwise a good stay.

Good safe location , upmarket shops I

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

We stayed in Protea Fire & Ice only one night, but our...

The smell in the hotel lobby.

We stayed in Protea Fire & Ice only one night, but our stay was really nice! Very very friendly staff at check in desk, nice and clean room we also got a connecting door so it was perfect for us as a family! Excellent room service with the best milkshakes I’ve ever had. Perfect location to stay in Jo’burg, there is a mall just outside the hotel with lots of restaurants options! Also parking garage just below hotel reception!

• Reviewed: January 9, 2019

Ideal for visiting JB

I can't really come up with something that I wasn't happy with.

The service and welcome at the desk is always brilliant. My previous visits are acknowledged and every attempt is made to help with requests. Location is perfect, Melrose Arch is a lovely base for JB and has plenty of restaurants and shops within a short walking distance. Never disappoints me

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

I book a King room 2 single beds, stayed in a standard room...

I book a King room 2 single beds, stayed in a standard room 1 double bed. Went for a drink, 1 barman, too busy and because of the volume of request unfriendly. One overseas guest told to go look for food in the Melrose precinct. The pool area closes at 9pm.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

Great location amd hotel

The netflix didn't work and the TV feed was on in HD but Analog so the picture was not clear. Also very limited channels - not the usual hotel bouquet. But if the netflix worked that wouldn't matter. Also, the toasted cheese I ordered from room service was horrible - it had thick slices of cheese and tomato in it that wasnt melted.

The location is the best thing about the hotel. Also, the room decor is very pleasant and the room was clean. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful - when I checked in, my initial room had a view of the front of the hotel and the construction opposite it - I asked for a change in rooms and the staff immediately accommodated me. I was moved to a room one floor below (i.e. 2nd floor) with a pool view which was lovely. The security at the hotel is great - its not possible to use the lifts to go to room floors unless you have a room key that activates the lift. Also since I was moved to the 2nd floor which also has conference facilities on it, there is extra security in the form of a glass sliding door that also only opens with an active room key. By a certain time in the evening the front rotating doors and swing door are deactivated/locked and the only way to get in is if the guard (who is always at his station) opens the door for you - I felt very safe!😊

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

No extras included

We had to pay for parking which wasnt covered by the hotel and it was expensive. We also wanted to sit by the pool.innthe evening because it had been so hot during the day but we were told to leave cos they close the pool area at 6pm. We disnt want to sit by the restaurant so we had to go back up and sit in our room

The place is nice and clean. Not overly fancy but comfortable

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

The rooms were beautiful and beds comfortable and loved the...

The breakfast was PATHETC !!i especially booked the breakfast as it was my hubby birthday and he is quite fond of hotel breakfast but this was disappointing as even though we are aware you are not halaal we were prepared to go the fish route or seafood or even vegetarian,but the fish was totally unappealing to even look at and when we requested prawns which the manager on duty agreed to at no cost the chef was not accommodating and refused to agree to the prawn request unless we pay extra ,so all we had for R195.00 was 2eggs and beans which I couldv gotten at any other normal restaurant .it was my hubbys birthday on the 26/12 and I’m quite disappointed that the highlight of the next morning was so disastrous..there wasn’t even extra clean glasses to drink juice from and the staff were not friendly at all to help ,when we looked for a pastry selection there were not even croissants left or muffins ..

The rooms were beautiful and beds comfortable and loved the decor ..

• Reviewed: December 14, 2018

The location is excellent, within easy walking distance to...

I booked a room overlooking the garden and pool, but was given a room overlooking the street with no apologies or explanations. The service is slow.

The location is excellent, within easy walking distance to several good restaurants, bars and shops.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Good hotel, good size rooms, nice facilities, and 24 hour...

There's lots of construction going on at the moment, so my window opened up to a construction site. Not the hotels fault though, but worth noting.

Good hotel, good size rooms, nice facilities, and 24 hour room service.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

I like the hotel and would stay again.

The shower in my room was missing a drain cover. Also the shower pressure is too high for the drain. Water gets backed up and I was standing in water.

I love the decor. The staff was excellent. The buffet had many options. I love the location with plenty of restaurants and shops.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

The bedroom was very comfortable and the staff at reception...

My door was broken and wouldn't close properly,had to report and them wait on it to be fixed, had plans that evening but ended up changing it as there was no timeframe given on how long it would take to fix. So would of been cool if a timeframe was given.

The bedroom was very comfortable and the staff at reception were helpful

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

Location is great.

Noisy neighbours. Room service trays stay in the passage for hours after housekeeping. Smokers outside were too close to the bar entrance at the pool.

Location is great. Milkshakes are great.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Attentive staff.

The breakfast was rather disappointing. The fruit offering was very poor. There was a poor selection of breakfast dishes The shower in the room is not private.

Attentive staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

This hotel was extremely expensive for what was on offer.

This hotel was extremely expensive for what was on offer. In particular the breakfast at R195 per person was terrible. Government bread to toast. No fancy breads or pastries. The jam pots looked disgusting. Plenty of staff but long wait for coffees etc. Renovations being done to the conference CENTRE not mentioned on booking. we would never stay in the hotel again. The competition is too strong and our second night in the Hilton Sandton was fabulous at two thirds of the price.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Great!

The reception staff were not friendly and unwilling to assist us when our parking ticket was thrown away by the cleaning staff. We informed the desk who argued that our room was not cleaned, yet, I was in the room talking to my wife who was with reception. Eventually the ticket was found by the manager in the cleaning assistance's bin. The front desk could of been a bit friendlier to assist.

Easy check in, porter was helpful to get our bags up to the room. Cleaning staff were friendly. Hotel is at a good location, with lots of restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

It was awesome

I ordered dinner from the menu the portions were very small for that price.

The service at a resturant was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Mediocre

the dining area is limited. i had a guest for dinner and hate to say that the dinner was not up to standard. will not eat at the restaurant again

Friendly reception staff

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Front desk excellent. Restaurant experience deplorable!

The restaurant facility staff were unfriendly. Many of the female staff congregated near fthe entrance and chatted. Personally, I thought they could have been better groomed. The service was horrible.....no one came to our table for coffee refills. Also prices need to be posted at the entrance. There was considerably confusion regarding the full breakfast and the much abbreviated continental breakfast for only 10 Rand difference. No one could explain this. This did not come up to Marriott standards.

What perks? The hotel staff was very accommodating except in the restaurant

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

A good hotel situated in a very nice and secure location. Very good professional staff

Room service needs a bit of an improvement in terms of time, and quality of food

Good parking. Comfortable rooms. Very helpful staff. Rooms are cleaned on time and nicely done

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

The location is set on the edge of the trendy Melrose Arch...

The location is set on the edge of the trendy Melrose Arch Precinct. It feels like it intersects straight into the buzz if you choose to walk out the hotel and head towards, say, the Piazza. The pool deck and seating areas are quirky and fun. The various milkshakes on the menu are extravagant and fun.

Overnight stay

Excellent overnight stay. Happy with everything, room service and reception very prompt and friendly. The made our room beautiful with roses, candles and cake on the house.

Not transparent with pricing

They added charges to the bill that was not revealed when booking. Insisted on taking a £500 Holding deposit which also wasn't told when booking. Not impressed.

Clean lovely location and comfortable

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

The food was exceptional!

The noise from the construction site in the opposite building made our stay uncomfortable. Room service took too long. The room was too hot because of the carpet flooring.

The food was exceptional! The staff was professional, our room was kept clean. The view from the restaurant is incredible only wish we had visited in summer to enjoy the pool.

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Great location. Average hotel.

Bathroom in bedroom. Tired decor. Noisy pool cleaning every morning at 7am. Constant conferences in hotel. Tiny gym with limited space for number of people using it.

Handy parking, handy shops, cafes, restaurants, etc

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

it was unpleasant we were place in a room facing a construction site which was very nosiy

I books via bookings.com and got a booking conformation only to get to the hotel to find out there was no booking had to pay more money for the room I didn't even want.

The restaurant stuff

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Reception/Directions to parking lot.

The parking markings or directions are not easy to follow.The porter could have allowed us to get at the door of the hotel like they do at African Pride Melrose.Instead we were given vague directions therefore found our way to the parking lot by asking a guy down the road for directions.

It's okay for a four star hotel.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Pretty average

The above. Also slow service. Had to call multiple times to remind reception of any requests

Breakfast was substandard especially for the price. No gowns or slippers in the rooms. Safe not working.

• Reviewed: February 2, 2018

A pleasant stay but not the special stay I was hoping for.

The room did not feel warm and welcoming, more clean and efficient. The decor seemed to have been designed at an 'acceptable' rather than an 'exceptional' level, as were the amenities. In-room tea & coffee were very ordinary and minimalist. One got the impression they had sought out ways to save costs wherever possible whilst maintaining acceptable standards. For that price I would have expected bath sheets rather than bath towels, Nespresso rather than instant. The duvet was heavy instead of fluffy. Had hoped for a special night out but came away feeling it was ordinary.

Staff were friendly, efficient and most helpful. The room was smart and spotless, almost clinical. The view from our room was a above expectations.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

nothing is stated correctly when booking.

nothing is stated correctly when booking. the site does not tell you most activites are at an extra charge it would be great to know this when making the booking. wifi is unusable. chalet is way too far from everything.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

Will come again

Gym facilities need to be improved. Early check in or late check out policies need to be more flexible.

Well designed hotel with spacious and comfortable rooms. Good pool, courteous and helpful staff. Location is awesome as its right next to many shops and restaurants in a very artsy area. Recommended for a comfortable and affordable stay

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Location is great, poor pool area, rooms dated and also communal areas and needs some attention

The rooms are something out of the Hollywood 60’s and the place needs to be updated and the smell of fat from the restaurant flows throughout the hotel

Location was convenient

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Awesomely good hotel! I will come back again!!!

The gym is a bit too small, otherwise it a beautiful hotel with a good vibe ! Very clean and good decor!

Your staff were at front front especially Whitney, Busi were fantastic, awesome customer service. The night staff the two men at the friont desk( sorry can’t remember their names). Your waiters were so engaged and polite.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

The location and decor make for a pleasant stay. Staff and processes need some work.

The cleaning staff opened my make-up case. Nothing was taken (I think) but it was definitely opened. I'm a little OCD so I know exactly how I leave things - I closed my make-up case and put it on the shelf (it's one of those where when you pick up the handle, if it's not closed properly, it'll show immediately). When I came back it wasn't closed properly. Also, R650 for a late check-out of 1 hour is pathetic and also not consistent with other protea hotels (At one of the other hotels I was allowed to check-out at 13:00 with no late fee).

The location is amazing and so is the decor.

Room lovely and clean.

Checking in was ok but the staff were not to friendly and the travel desk not helpful or friendly at all. He was clearly not happy to be at work and made it well known. Given it was new years eve we tried to arrange a taxi but the travel desk guy got so irritated that we were interrupting his cellphone and was so expensive so we ended up getting Uber at a fraction of the price. Not what I expected from this type of hotel.

Room lovely and clean.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Our short, over-night stay at the hotel to celebrate New Year at Melrose Arch was lovely.

The pool closed rather early - well before dark on a lovely summer's evening, although it was still possible to sit in the adjacent garden area and order drinks.

The variety of flavours (36) and the quality of the milkshakes at the milkshake bar was fabulous. The reception staff were efficient, professional and welcoming. The rooms are comfortable and clean. I loved the Hollywood-inspired decor. The hotel is well-located - within easy walking distance of excellent restaurants and shops - in a safe area.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2017

Perfect anniversary stay

Having to pay R65 for parking for the night!!!

The staff were very friendly. This was for an anniversary so they had rose petals all over the bed and a lovely chocolate platter in the room.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2017

Beautiful hotel and great surrondings

Besides the used condom wrapper next to our bed and the dusty toilet paper holder, all was good

The food, the location and the decor were such a delight.

Awesome city breakaway

Didn't get to try out the gourmet milkshakes as they were out on most flavours.

Great service from staff. Lesedi and Whitney 10/10 for your efforts in making the stay so special.

Poor in-room dining service

Front desk was very helpful and professional. The in-room service was poor; we ordered a bottle of wine ONLY and it took over an hour for them to deliver it, this after phoning them 3x. You’re better off going to many restaurants within the vicinity than room service.

The rooms are larger than most hotels and the location of the hotel is superb

• Reviewed: December 27, 2017

A pleasant stay but could me much better

.The Rooms were uncomfortably small and really HATED the fact the the bathroom was fully open and there’s no privacy. .The lighting throughout the hotel is poor.

Okay

Ran out of many items in the menu, not even chips available for an 11 year old. room service trays lay outside the hotel room door for 24 hrs making it unsitely to walk down the passage. Service is slow at the restaurant and bar. Cleaning service takes dirty towels but will only replace them an hour later which means my family had to borrow towels from my room just to shower . All in all, beautiful place but doesn’t live up to expectations in terms of service

Decor is lovely

All was good

The statements on amounts given on departure was dropped from R680 to R112.00 had I not checked the statement so this was off concern. Should I not check I would have been cheated

All was fair options for for other food was good outside. .

• Reviewed: December 21, 2017

Great stay full of roses

Great location where you can walk around shop and restaurants without driving. The hotel exceeded my expectations by welcoming us with a big typed note displayed at the lobby. The room took my breath away with a handwritten anniversary message and rose petals everywhere.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2017

Would definitely stay at this property again.

Everything was great.

The location was in a very desirable area. Great restaurants and shops and the property was well maintained. We got a handicapped room which was great. Other rooms were open concept, with no wall between bath area.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2017

Despite the disappointing start to the stay, we thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

What I booked on Booking.com is not what I got!! When I asked to correct this I was told Housekeeping would come and convert the 2 single beds to a king size! It took nearly 2 hours - this was a romantic evening!! And the view - the booking said garden or pool view?? Where was the bathroom?? Very disappointing for a special occasion Despite the above I would still recommend the Hotel. We have stayed a few times before and I certainly will be back. Would like feedback from management

• Reviewed: December 15, 2017

Lovely homely and comfortable stay

Menu options

Comfortable bed. Beautifully designed and decorated all round. Great breakfast options, lovely staff and generally homely feel to it’s classiness

• Reviewed: November 28, 2017

It was very pleasant.

No one helped us take our bags up or down. It was also pouring with rain and the guy didn't even come to the car to fetch my mom to take her inside, I had to tell him that we checking in that's why I'm dropping my mom off. I ordered cutlery from room service and that took over 20min to bring a set of knives and forks up.

The bedroom was beautiful and clean.

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Great location but be aware of construction work directly opposite....

There are major building works being carried out over the road from the hotel. We were given a room on the 4th floor overlooking the building construction. Not a great view for starters but worse was that they worked through the night. We needed pillows over our heads to try and reduce the noise level and get some sleep. I cant believe the staff are not aware of this & that these rooms are charged for in full.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

It's a beautiful place.

Accessing the hotel was a bit challenging but the kind security guards within the Melrose Arch area assisted in this regard.

We only spent one night so there's not much to comment on.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2017

Excellent and covinient surrounded by opulence

Explanation regarding parking at reception when ch checking in

Pleas provide proper explanation and guidance for parking when checking in. Th explanation was terrible that the had to walk from parking back to hotel from r explanation

• Reviewed: September 21, 2017

What is there to like, when simple instructions are not...

I had notified the staff on more than one occassion that the room I booked was for a honeymoon couple. I had requested flower petals for the room to make it romantic as this was their first night. To my astonishment, this was not done. How do people not follow instruction. When it was given to them more than once. It was quite embarassing on my part, as this was my gift to the bridal couple. How can a simple instruction not be followed. I would never recommmend, nor will I use this hotel again. Service is definately not up to scratch.

What is there to like, when simple instructions are not followed by the payer.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

I WAS ROBBED!

I WAS ROBBED! AT THE TIME WE WANT TO THE CHECK OUT AROUND 16:30 THE ALL LIFTS WHERE NOT WORKING AND I HAD TO WALK DOWN 5 FLOORS, PLUS I ASKED FRONT DESK PERSONAL IF THEY CAN GET OUR BAGS, THEY SAIID IT WILL TAKE SOMETIME BECAUSE THEY WHERE BUSY BRINGING DOWN THE BAGS FROM THE EMIRATES FLYGHT CREW. ME AND MY FIANCÉ ASK THE FRONT IF WAS OK TO GRAB SOMETHING TO EAT MEAN WHILE WAITING, AND ALSO IF THEY COULD KEEP THE WEEDING DRESS IN THE STORAGE. ARRIVED AFTER THE QUICK LUNCH AND EVERYTHING WAS THERE, WE DID THE CHECK OUT AND LEFT TO THE AIRPORT. FOR MY SURPRISED WHEN WE CHECK IN OUR BAGS AT AIRPORT ONE THE BAGS WAS UNLOCKED. I LOCKED IMMEDIATELY. AFTER WHEN WE ARRIVED AT HOME AND UNPACKED, (BY THE WAY THE BAG WAS LOKECF) I NOTED THAT IT WAS MISSING FROM MY TOILETRIES BAG TWO PARFUMS, AND AFTER ALSO IPHONE HEADPHONES. ONE OF THE PARFUMS IS LIMITED EDITION D&G THAT I HAVE JUST BOUGHT ONE FOR ME AND ANOTHER FOR MY FIANÇÉ AS A WEDDING GIFT. I GOT IN CONTAT WITH THE HOTEL RELATIONS MANAGER BY PHONE, EXPLAINING EVERYTHING, THEN WE START EXCHANGING E-MAILS AND NOTHING. ITS TWO DAYS NOBODY RESPOND ANYMORE MY E-MAILS. THIS VERY STANGE ATITUDE, VERY FRUSTATING, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY ARE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT, JUST WAITING FOR ME TO GET TIRED AND GIVE UP. I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS STORY AND BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR GOODS IN THIS HOTEL.

Location. Very conviniente because of the surrounding facilities.

• Reviewed: August 29, 2017

Quick stop in Joburg pre-safari

Quite a distance from central Johannesburg, which I didn't really appreciate before arrival not knowing the city and wider area at all - however, there is plenty around the hotel.

Staff were helpful and the hotel is well located for shops, restaurants and bars

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Divine property and staff

More red wine choices by the glass

The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.Checkin was easy. The hotel ambience is great and the decor is divine.Bed very comfortable.Good security.Meals were lovely.Salads awesome.Quite a way from airport and city but in a very safe area and across the road from the hop on hop off stop.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Good

No early check-in guarantee because I am early flight arrived and landing, no flexible on this matter. It need wait until I arrived the hotel and ask to check. It can not plan for me properly, so I feel anxious before I come to the hotel.

Good to accommodation and convenience to find a food and shop.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

It was the 2nd time me and my husband visited the Hotel and we loved our stay even more

Maybe extra milk and sugar for another cup of coffee early in the morning

Bed was comfortable. Loved making a cup of coffee at night. Staff was excellent. And place very neat and clean

• Reviewed: July 26, 2017

Great and convenient location (good alternative to Sandton).

Gym equipment quite basic and not much variety (no cross trainer). If you travel with friends be aware that the shower is incorporated in the room and transparent :-)

Great and convenient location (good alternative to Sandton). The reception staff were friendly and check in smoothly.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2017

Romantic birthday

The toilet flushing system wasnt as strong as it could have been had to flush twice each time.

I asked for a whole bunch of extra's to make the night out romantic for my boyfriend's birthday, like rose petals and birthday cake etc and they were so accomodating, both the restaurant and the hotel. Very impressed.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

Well positioned contemporary hotel in buzzy shopping precinct.

Small point, but the elevators are very dark inside and difficult to read the buttons. Card system to operate the elevators a nuisance. Breakfast was good but there is only one person cooking from the hot plate which means unnecessary delay.

Excellent rooms, comfortable, modern and immaculate.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

good location

plumbing problems made room noisy at night (sounds of water dripping) when trying to sleep) staff in bar and housekeeping not that attentative

location nice room with comfortable bed and pillows

• Reviewed: June 20, 2017

sun 1 experience for tripple the price

The bed matress had springs through the side of the matress (my wife cut her leg on it). The bed was worn and uncomfortable. You have to pay separately for parking. For what is supposed to be a premium hotel, it felt old dilapidated and overpriced. Also we had to wait for a table at breakfast ( which was lacklustre and tasteless) as they "didn't expect to have so many guests", direct quote from the staff.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Disappointing stay

The bathroom set up was strange and the room had no bath. The hotel was very noisy and had paper thin walls and doors so you could hear other guests talking and moving, which led to a very disturbed night.

Good location but small, disappointing room.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

The room was nice and the bed very comfortable.

The only problem was that breakfast wasn't included with the booking. It was cheaper to just go to Tashas for a nice healthy breakfast....

The room was nice and the bed very comfortable...

• Reviewed: May 20, 2017

Awesome for a getaway in the city

The pool deck closes in the late afternoon and then there's no where to lounge around outside, or have a late night swim, or a comfortable cigarette.

The staff really went the extra mile

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

Good Hotel in Great Neighbourhood

The bed was a little wobbly. Personally I would have preferred a separate bathroom instead of having the shower and washing basin in the same room.

Smallish but efficiently decorated rooms. The location is great, a very safe shopping and restaurant area. Staff is very efficient and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

Did not like the fact that the shower is part of the room...

Did not like the fact that the shower is part of the room and only has a curtain to separate it. The parking was not easy to get in and out of. Other then that you get what you payed for.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2017

Great location. Walking distance to good restaurants. Quiet, safe neighborhood.

The air conditioner was noisy and clicking. They said it was a bad switch and moved us to another room, which had the exact same issue. Third move finally worked.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Delay and inconvenience during checking in

I had booked two rooms, one for me and my wife and another one for our two boys. The staff could find a booking for one room only. We had to wait in the foyer for about an hour while they were trying to solve the problem. However, the manager on duty apologised for the delay and inconvenience.

I liked the comfort of the room and its cleanliness

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Good location, convenient and modern. Awful staff though.

Staff attitude and service was awful on check-in and really rude. Maintenance of the room is lacking, problem with plumbing and locks.

Great location, close to Rosebank / Sandton. Excellent amenities, gym, pool, bar and restaurant on site. Rooms were comfortable.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2017

Disappointing customer service

I forgot three greeting cards in the room and called on Friday evening to enquire as to whether they had discovered it. I urgently needed them for a wedding the following day. I spoke to a gentleman by the name of Zanele who answered the phone. He assured me that he would check with housekeeping and call me back. After two hours and no reply I called him again only to have him reassure me AGAIN that he would definitely call me back that night!! Needless to say he never ever called me and I had to take a shuttle from the hotel at Emperors Palace to OR Tambo airport on Saturday morning to purchase a card for the wedding which commenced at 2pm .

Loved the decor at this hotel! They serve the most divine and decadent milkshakes. Located in lovely Melrose Arch. Felt very safe walking to restaurants and shops.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

The coffee in the rooms are not up to standard.

The coffee in the rooms are not up to standard. A small machine with pods or similar would be convenient. The DSTV and tv options in the rooms are not very good. Better/more channels should be added.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2017

Great location, nice staff

Nothing to be honest

Was a last minute booking, nice room and nice hotel, the Bar area is a but Trippy and not my thing to be honest, however I would happily stay again and that's just my taste.

• Reviewed: March 29, 2017

Accommodation that can't be beat in Melrose Arch

You might have asked us if we'd like the mini bar stocked before being taken to the room.

Service was excellent. Staff impeccable. Felt very at home. Very much enjoyed the Fire and Ice Bar.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

All the staff were exceptionally friendly which seems to be...

The bacon for breakfast at the hotel is a bit overcooked for European tastes--almost burnt. Other than that it was fine..

All the staff were exceptionally friendly which seems to be the case in South Africa compared to travelling to other countries.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2017

The room itself was nice, staff were friendly.

People order room service up till midnight and the trolley wheels squeak and rattle.... I was woken up at least 4-5 times by the trolley yet we had a room on the very end of the corridor.

The room itself was nice, staff were friendly. Restaurant/bar area is lovely

We Price Match