Reviews of Redbourne Hilldrop

#42 of 249 B&Bs and Inns in Cape Town

9.9

9.7

• Queen Room

The only thing to note is a food smell from cooking, which can bother some people. (That was not bad at all, not constant and rather pleasant)

Amazing views, telescope, mindful water approach in times of drought, cozy living room, great and helpful hosts, sufficient furniture, tasty breakfast

Nothing at all!

Out of all the fantastic accommodations we stayed in during our 3 weeks trip to Cape Town and the Garden Route, our stay at the Redbourne Hilldrop absolutely stands out. Sharon and Johnny are the most wonderful and caring host you can imagine. It is impressive how genuinely interested they are into their guests and how they help to making the most of their guests’s time and experience in Cape Town, even after being in business for more than 20 years. We felt welcome and at home from the first to the last minute of our stay. Their place is cozy, the views of Table Mountain from our room and the city from the breakfast table are stunning and breakfast was rich and super delicious! We cannot imagine that there is a better place to stay for a trip to Cape Town.

• Queen Room

Jonny and Sharon are amazing hosts-they went the extra mile to help us with a practical issue we had, and patiently guided us with maps and travel information-making our stay In Cape Town so much more enjoyable as a consequence. Breakfast was lovely, and the accommodation excellent.

• Queen Room

Tremendous hosts, single best bed and breakfast experience in 15+ years of traveling solo. Great breakfast, best view, great bed, wonderful pool and patio, solicitous hosts, all over really terrific.

• Queen Room

Sharon and Jonny the hosts, friendly and helpful, when out of their way to assist with anything we needed. Their recommendation of the local restaurant Nelson's Eye is a must

• Queen Room

The amenities in the room were minimalize.

John,Sharon and Jordan (their son) were very attentive guesthost, very friendly and helpful. We do recommend their beautiful guesthouse! Breakfast room was amazing with view to Harbour/Waterfront.

• Queen Room

Stunning view of the city and the Table Top Mountain.Excellent personnel. Very attentive to details. Sharon and Jonny are excellent host. They give you local information on food, places to visit and other interesting things to do. Definitely a great place to stay.

bathroom & sink

very friendly and supporting owners, great tips for Cape Town area top location with view over Cape Town (car necessary) breakfast and breakfast room cosy rooms

• Queen Room

The hosts, Sharon and Jonny, and absolutely wonderful! True locals and amazing people, they will do everything they can to make sure you make the best of your trip, in line with what you want. From sitting with you over a map on your first morning to show you the main spots to go to, to booking a spot for you online if you are away, they are the reason I had such a great time in Cape Town. An added bonus for those traveling alone, Sharon or Jonny will kindly sit with you over breakfast for a friendly chat! The food is also delicious and the accommodation is super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Queen Room

Sharon and John went out of their way to accommodate my food allergies and were extremely welcoming and friendly. The room was spacious, well appointed and very clean.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Queen Room

Located up very steep hill!

Sharon and Jonny were a mine of information and source of practical help. They couldn't do enough for their guests. The accommodation was extremely comfortable, breakfasts delicious, views stunning and pool refreshing.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• Queen Room

Great location above Cape Town in Oranjeziecht, close to table mountain cableway station, nice rooms and amazing view from ur breakfast table, Jonny and Sharon are great hosts which really take care of you and have a lot of suggestions for tours and tripps and restaurants around Cape Town. We would definitely come back!!

great breakfast, very nice host!!!

Fantastic hosts Delicious breakfasts Brilliant views

• Queen Room

There is nothing we did not like about this property.

Perfect for first time visitors to Cape Town.

• Family Room

It is not only a job for them, it comes from heart. Very helpful. Very good breakfast.

• Queen Room

The owners were extremely friendly an helpful

• Queen Room

The owners were great and helped me to navigate Cape Town, providing excellent advise and recommendations. The breakfast was to order and delicious.

• Queen Room

Very helpful staff. The owner has given me excellent information. Highly recommended

NOTHING

VERY GOOD PLACE ,CHARMING COUPLE WITH GOOD PLANS AND IDEAS FOR DISCOVERING THE CITY AND ARROUND,EXCELLENT COOKING AND CONFORTABLE BEDS.

The view from my room was just opposite table mountain. The view from the bar was awesome. The customized breakfast for us.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Queen Room

Sharon and Jonny were wonderful and helpful hosts, the view from the breakfast was stunning. We recommend Redbourne Hilldrop without hesitation!

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this place!

I loved Jonny's and Sharon's warm welcome! The plate of fresh fruits brought by the host especially, just because I was too tired after a long journey to go out for dinner etc. I felt like I was visiting some really cool uncles, who give you just enough care and attention and good advice but were never in your way or invading your space. Whenever I needed something they were always there, nothing seemed to be too much of a trouble. They are both so knowledgeable about the city, area, businesses around that they can give you the best advice, which makes getting around and making the best of the place so much easier. Sharon organized my car rental in a space of three minutes she also went out of her way to solve my uber problem and personally drive me to where I wanted to go just to spare me getting taxi and arriving late to my appointment. I loved the decor of the house, felt so cosy and inviting. I loved the mesmerinsing view of the breakfast room, at night I'd just sit there drinking tea or sipping their delicious port admiring the view and enjoying the silence. The house and room we're absolutely spotless. I stayed 10 nights and the towels and linens were changed constantly. The breakfast was delicious (I loved passionfruit fruit salad) and the company of the owners even more. I loved the area too - felt super safe, I walk on numerous occasions by myself and no one ever disturbed me. It's pretty close to everywhere - the mountains are right above the house, the city center is a walk away, V&A waterfront just a short uber drive away, beach isn't too far either. I couldn't recommend this place highly enough for anyone who just like me isn't in Cape Town to stay on the beach for 10 days in a raw but rather wants to discover this beautiful, beautiful city and its surroundings. This was by far most welcoming place I've ever stayed and one of the best holidays - and I travel a lot. I will most definitely be back!

• Reviewed: 3 February 2016

Sharon and Johnny are great hosts and so knowledgeable about the area. Don't hesitate to take their advice. Sharon also went out of her way to make a medical appointment and drive us to the surgery. Her repeat clients are testimony to the quality service. The breakfast bar has superb views and is a great place to make new friends.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2015

Would have preferred proper block-out curtains as there was a lot of external ambient light in the driveway outside my room.

I liked the room & bed and the friendly owners.The location is quiet with pleasant views.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2016

Amazing hosts, amazing place, amazing view, amazing experience. Hope to come back soon.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Fantastic view. Good breakfast. Helpful and friendly owners.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2015

Welcome from owners and their enthusiasm to ensure we made the most of our time in Cape Town. View from their breakfast room and bedrooms

• Reviewed: 12 May 2015

Sharon and Jonny provided us with details for all the things we wanted to do while in Cape Town. Very nice people.

There are also 5 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.