Reviews of San Lameer Resort Hotel & Spa 4 stars

#5 of 25 hotels in Southbroom

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Unfriendly staff
    • Classic Room

Staff wasn't kind and helpful at all in providing some recommendations for the area. Restaurant doesn't have a nice ambience, could help to do some redecoration.

Room and pool were quite nice. Food in the restaurant was okay. We got some discount which made it better value for money. For the full price we would not recommend to stay here

The air conditioning didn’t work the entire weekend.
    • Classic Room

The air conditioning didn’t work the entire weekend. After asking for it to be repaired 4 times (and being told each time it was fixed) did they tell us the whole hotel is not working 🙁

Incredible stay.
    • Classic Room

Incredible stay. We loved everything that the resort had to offer. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We loved our time there and wish it could’ve been longer.

We enjoyed our stay, however rooms need renovating and service from staff could be better.
    • Classic Room

Our room 107... The door lock had to be changed on arrival. The scurting near the shower is worn out and breaking of. One of the bed side lamp shades wasn't working. We requested another towel , house keeping never brought it. The bolts on the window were rusted and loose. There was no room service menu travel and information booklet in our room There was no TV Guide in our room.

We enjoyed our breakfast Easy access to the beach Quiet and peaceful Lovely facilities for kids

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice and wonderful stay at San Lameer😍💑💖
    • Suite

1.The steps from the reception to our room and those leading to the balcony were dirty. 2. Paint on the buildings looks old please repaint the walls. Background on our photos we took showing the buildings is not beautiful. 3. Buffet not available every day. 4. Kitchen staff should keep on checking if something gets finished. One morning i had to wait above 10 minutes for chicken sausage to be replaced.

1.The Hotel is easily accessible 2.Rooms are spotless clean👌😍💖💖 3. Breakfast was excellent👌😍

Wonderful, relaxing stay
    • Classic Room

Dinner a bit on the pricey side

Great breakfast food choice, comfy beds,quiet location amidst unspoilt nature - just right for a relaxing few days away from the Joburg huzzle and buzzle

A remarkable experience in a well kept resort.
    • Deluxe Room

Too many stairs to climb to get to the room and dining room.

The room was large and comfortable with all requirements. We enjoyed the breakfast with a variety of options to choose from. The staff had a caring and helpful manner at all times. The spa provided an excellent and professional traetment.

Nice relaxing stay, considering to return again
    • Classic Room

When travelling in and out of the Resort we had to overcome many ditches which are a nightmare if driving a smaller or low car

Breakfast was excellent, good variety of breakfast option even for vegetarians

Disappointed
    • Classic Room

..monkeys a pest..cannot open windows..they could put something infront of the sliding doors to prevent monkeys to come in..felt incarcerated all the time.

The scenery up the river and the sunrise ...unfortunately one cannot open windoes/doors

It was pleasant.
    • Classic Room

The bed was cramped with the desk being so close, movement around the bed was limited. No place to sit and put your makeup on

The amazing bath tub was sheer exellence and very romantic.

Great Holiday
    • Classic Room

I feel that there could be more vegaterian options.

My stay at San Lameer was great. The staff was very welcoming. Room was clean. The views from my room was breath taking. Breakfast was yummy. Lots and Lots of activties to do in and around the hotel. I would recommend the hotel for couples, friends and family.

I was disappointed to find that the gym was closed.
    • Classic Room

I was disappointed to find that the gym was closed. This is my third stay in the past 18 months and everytime the whole spa, including the gym was closed for training. I think in today's times, a gym is a major requirement for travellers and the fact that there is not a separate entrance that is open with then spa is closed, needs to be considered. I would not likely return because of this inconvenience experienced every time.

Served it's purpose for our short stay.
    • Classic Room

Inside and outside of hotel seemed to lack maintenance. Porter not on duty on our arrival. Stairs too steep for senior citizens. Had to call maintenance for toilet which was running constantly on our arrival although room had been serviced.

The view from our room in the hotel.
    • Deluxe Room

The resort need some maintenance to be done. The wood everywhere is in bad condition Birds mess in many places such as stairs and balcony’s. I booked a double bed room and received two single beds put together

The view from our room in the hotel. The private beach was amazing

Motorcycle unfriendly and no warning on booking sites.
    • Classic Room

Motor cycles unwelcome. My motorbike was parked 1.2 km from hotel in a garage difficult to access with big cruiser. I was trapped for 3 days in the Hotel. To compensate I was given one night and one meal free. Unsuficient.

Service at the hotel

Awesome and wonderful visit, will be revisiting soon, have a lot to still see and experience!
    • Deluxe Room

The staff are always willing to help with whatever the request! The view from the room over the lagoon was breath taking and beautiful. The quality of the food and service was excellent. And the variety of dishes was fabulous.

Enjoyed the stay, happy to return.
    • Classic Room

Availability of umbrella's at the kids pool. None were available. No earlier dinner available for the kids. 6:30 is too late for the kids.

Easy access to the beach Great kids swimming pool Sporting facilities eg squash and tennis courts. Loved the inter-leading rooms

May still go next year.
    • Classic Room

Food poor apart from the breakfast which was good. Restaurant very clinical and plastic seating.

Great bed. No hot water early morning has me marking down the resort. Golf course was absolutely great.

I liked the serenity.
    • Deluxe Room

It took forever to get hot water . The hot water tap had to run for a while to get lukewarm water. A lot of water got wasted and not a good feeling to waste such a precious resource.

I liked the serenity. Great place to relax and just unwind. The view of the river was spectacular.

Breakfast was good.
    • Classic Room

The place is old. Really needs to be upgraded. I do not feel this is a 4 Star hotel. 2-3 Star more appropriate.

Breakfast was good. Good selection. Canned fruit, however, is not acceptable with the abundance of local fruit available. Location is great.

The breakfast was very good.
    • Classic Room

The rooms were conjested. The water from the shower was leaking through the shower door onto the floor. When you close the sliding doors the room becomes costiofobic.

The breakfast was very good. The premises was very clean. The walk to the beach was very sae. The staff were very friendly. The beach was very neat. The kiddies play area was fun. I liked the leisure area.

I did not enjoy my stay at this resort.
    • Classic Room

Food was terrible as well as there is no space to sit and relax except the reception.

The resort is beautiful and the scenery is breath taking but rooms were too small, there was a terrible smell coming from toilets. Food at the restaurant was terrible not to mention breakfast was worse. There is nothing much for kids to do. If it starts raining, you are stuck with the kids in your hotel room.

Problems with maintenance of luxury room.
    • Deluxe Room

Problems with maintenance of luxury room. Had to call maintenance staff 3 times for broken toilet seat, wrong TV Channels and twice dangerous electrical connections

great
    • Classic Room

the aircon did not work properly

everything was an awesome experience you will see us again. everybody was friendly ,private beech was fun to go to and private .

very pleasant
    • Classic Room

Room service was shocking we ordered food and phoned after an hour to see what where it was it took another 30 mins and we phoned again . We received different food from what we had ordered but decide just to eat it as we had driven 900km that day and was exhausted .

There's not much to do when it's raining but still had a great time
    • Classic Room

First day the kitchen service was not great waited long for meal end up canceling it even thou we were starving but manager corrected it.which was nice of him

Loved the breakfast.and the rooms

San Lameer outdated
    • Deluxe Room

The corridors of the hotel, the stairs leading down the dining area was very dirty, walls and stairwell was stained. I understand that the buildings are old chalet walls dirty

Location. Great natural setting, grounds were clean.

Too much noise during the night
    • Classic Room

Noise during the night. There was a party at the hotel on Saturday night, which ended up with people yelling until 4:30 in the morning, despite the no-noise policy after 23:00. I complained to the staff at the reception at 1:00 am, but nothing changed. Quite disappointing.

Beautiful lagoon and private beach, room layout, facilities, food, courtesy of restaurant's staff

Comfortable but not enough value for money
    • Classic Room

The spa was fully booked I felt there was not enough entertainment

The breakfast was delicious The bed was very comfortable I like the open plan bathroom that can close for more privacy

Best vacation thus far.....
    • Classic Room

Most relaxing, comfortable, enjoyable stay and not forgetting your friendly staff. Enjoyed the luxury of having the facilities of both shower and bathtub....enjoyed a lovely bubble bath and getting into the most comfortable bed.....

Absolutely fantastic.
    • Deluxe Room

I cannot complain of anything.

I loved my entire experience at the resort. It has more than exceeded my expectations. The staff from reception to restaurant were excellent. I will definitely return as my stay was short as it was a stop over to my final destination, but it was absolutely delightful.

Nice and quiet hotel for relaxation, apart from the airconditioning problems.
    • Deluxe Room

The airconditioner weren't functioning up to standard and the massages weren't up to standard.

The croissants were tasty, the view over the river exceptional and the mountain biking trail fantastic.

General ok
    • Deluxe Room

The breakfast buffet was not up to standard!! I'll give the food 4/10. The cheese were old. Croissants worse taste ever! Only 1 fresh fruit choice. Staff polite but did not go the extra mile

bedroom and view Spa Good quality coffee

Relaxing stay with good Golf course
    • Executive Double Room

Would like oats ie porridge to be available at breakfast The wi fi needs to be improved

We lined the golf course and the resort generally and it’s location and the security

San Lameer Golf: yes - San Lameer Hotel: no
    • Deluxe Room

The only place to be at the room wad on the bed!!! Couldn't find a socket to recharge my mobile 😒! It wasn't personal, somehow lovely or charming. Nearly everything is old and not renovated... I wanted to have a cappuccino for breakfast and as soon as I got it, there came the bill! 😱😬 When I asked for some assistance regarding the golf facilities, people at the reception weren't even able to answer... The chalets at San Lameer seems to be better?!? 😳

One thing really worth it, was the Camelot spa! Get a marvelous massage and facial there. The other thing is the golf course, which is really wonderful and belonging to the hotel!👍

Great weekend away at the resort.
    • Classic Room

I did mention in my booking that I was at the resort to celebrate my birthday yet nothing special was planned or communicated

The rooms were clean and very comfy. The staff hospitality was very good. The quality and variety of the breakfast was amazing

Wonderful breakfast.
    • Classic Room

Building needs to be upgraded. Reception and stairs/passage leading up to the room not neat.

Wonderful breakfast. clean comfortable room. Lovelely setting and location

Everything was lovely
    • Classic Room

The bathroom is big and beautiful, but we would've prefered a little more space, perhaps just a desk for the chair so that both people didn't feel confined to the bed while watch TV, having coffee, or working on our laptops.

Everything was lovely

We enjoyed our stay irregardless of such hiccups. Friendly staff made adjustments where possible.

I was charged more when I came in than on Bookings.com website. Issue was resolved amicably. The ages of children didn't show and my son appeared as the one who made a booking Chosen rooms with interleading doors on website we unknown by hotel When people smoke next door, the smoke comes into your room. Bottom floor rooms don't have a balcony. Food prices are high.

Great bedding, very tidy rooms, staff response time tops and friendly. Nice pool area, good river views. Very close to the freeway Very tasty food!

Relaxing and comfortable
    • Classic Room

Dinner options were limited for vegetarian. Rissoto was awful. Cheese board served with stale crackers. Prices of meals such as curries were not market related

Good breakfast options for vegetarian

An awesome holiday.
    • Classic Room

The kitchen walls look like it is in dire need of painting.

The room was spacious, neat and clean. However, the sheet on the bed needed to be larger so that it could not be tucked in. A few of the staff in the restaurant at breakfast lacked communication skill e.g. the honey was finished and we requested for a replacement one, there was no response that it was attended to and after a while, one of the staff brought in the replacement bottle. Another day, the crumpets were finished, and we asked if they were making more, and the chefs at the eggs station just spoke to each other but did not respond to us. By the time we had finished breakfast, there was no crumpets. So therefore i do think that communication is important.

The spa was great.
    • Classic Room

I didnt like the fact that we had run short of towels n had to wait for 4 hours for pool towels and bath towels...

The spa was great.breakfast was awesum

overall experience was okay.
    • Classic Room

Service was horrible . I booked a message for my partner and I but I felt I was robbed ad prices on the catalogue was not clear and presice. It was very misleading .I definitely will not be back to the camelot spa.

Overall experience was lovely .

Swimming pool area was perfect also liked the middle door...
    • Classic Room

We couldn't reach the beach in the afternoon because there was no proper signage where to enter. Ceramics under the sinks were so dirty. Pancakes on the second day were burnt.

Swimming pool area was perfect also liked the middle door that separated our rooms. Towels and beds were sparkling clean

We had a lovely stay .
    • Classic Room

Our verandar lights were not working had to report but it was quickly attended to. Rooms are not checked prior arrival of guests

Food was tasty n good.

Good old. Couldn't add photos because I lost my phone there at the beach.
    • Classic Room

They should have at least security guards patrolling in the beach since they have a private beach.

Room was nicely arranged nd the bed was comfortable nd cover was nice and very warm.

Rooms are well furnished,comfortable and they create a...
    • Classic Room

Rooms are well furnished,comfortable and they create a modern ambience.Perfect for golf enthusiasts owing to the renowned San Lameer Golf Course where this hotel is located within.

Happy stay
    • Executive Double Room

Inadequate maintenance: fix those broken electric switches and sliding doors that are so hard to open and close. Wedding party downstairs (on a Sunday evening) with loud music till 23h00 that we were not informed about on booking.

Nice setting in a very appealing resort. Brilliant mountain bike trails! Cool facilities. Friendly and helpful staff. The bathroom and patio (with patio furniture) offered some extra nice to enjoy. The bed was comfortable and offered a good sleep.

Miserable
    • Suite

There was no water and no one bothered to inform us for 2 days,we had to keep going to reception to find out what's happening.... They did offer us a refund or free night stay

The place is beautiful,lovely views

It was the most wonderful time spent at a hotel.
    • Classic Room

It was the most wonderful time spent at a hotel. The staff were amazing- the food was out of this world and the accomodation so comfortable and stylish. Loved every minute of it. Thank you!!!

Stayed at this property for a wedding anniversary and enjoyed the rest! Can improve WiFi & amenities
    • Suite

The hotel is not geared for high efficiency hotel service (ie very poor wifi & some service elements were delivered slow) - but they make up for this by individual care.

Good Value for Money, Good Location. Great Spa!

Excellent stay!
    • Deluxe Room

The location is perfect to get away and relax. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The resort was very clean and there is plenty to do at San Lameer.

Staff are friendly, rooms are clean, and the facilities are...
    • Classic Room

Do not ask for any rooms on the first level - No wifi reception, poor view, and the San Lameer offices above can become quite a noisy nuisance at night. Extra mattress option is small, thin and totally inadequate for a 14yr old teenager. We were hammered home the fact that cappuccinos were an extra charge, even on our last day which became a nuisance. Is there a shortage of cappuccinos in KZN?

Staff are friendly, rooms are clean, and the facilities are average. Inhouse Restaurant has really great food yet very pricey. Breakfast was good.

On booking I requested a double bed in the room. When I saw the room allocated there were 2 single b
    • Classic Room

TV channels totally inadequate. Lack of comfortable chair/s in room.

Accommodation initially unacceptable but after sorting things out with the staff we were allocated another better room. Buffet breakfast good. Staff very polite and helpful.

In short our stay was good, had we stayed longer we would have enjoyed the full experince.
    • Deluxe Room

The breakfast, nothing was catered for people eating chicken and fish, only pork bacon , pork sausages and lamb sausages were provided.

Your shower and bath excellent. The fruits and cakes at breakfast was excellent. myself and the wife enjoyed the view from our room. we loved the walk to the beach via the mangrove trial and the wild life as well as the bird life.

Nice and relaxing, but wouldn't go back. Better options in better locations for similar money.
    • Executive Double Room

The food was very average and let the hotel down quite a bit.

The room was very modern and well done, the rest of the hotel was a bit dated though and for the prices they're charging need to up their game a lot more.

Very little!
    • Classic Room

Very poor indifferent attitude of staff especially for room service and kitchen/restaurant.waited forever for service and food and drinks. Terrible attitude,like we were not even there!!! Please shut down restaurant or get rid of bad staff,i cant see this getting better.food services manager should take more responsibility,probably part of the rot!!! Will look elsewhere next time.

Very little!!

I'd do it again...
    • Deluxe Room

I was really concerned that I couldn't find painkillers after the pharmacy had closed.

The service was excellent. Friendly staff, amazing food - the ostrich was amazing!!!

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Room

I informed booking.com that it was our wedding anniversary and we are expecting a baby however nothing special was done by the hotel. For a 4 star hotel, the service was not up to standard. The shower in the room was dirty with mildew, there are no plug points to charge a cellphone, and the iron they povided had such a short cord, I couldn't even iron my clothes. I couldn't even order a cuppacino at breakfast at no additional cost. When I asked for a cup of tea at breakfast, I was directed to the tea station. The breakfast buffet didn't have a 4 star variety. Staff were not very accommodating. If I booked into a 4 star protea for example, the service would have been better, they would have given us a gift basket for our anniversary and the rooms would be cleaner and more user friendly. I wouldn't stay at San Lameer Hotel again.

The facilities were good- beach, sports activities, spa. Dinner was delicious at the restaurant and good portions.

Awesome
    • Deluxe Room

Nothing at all because the monkeys are there by nature.

The company we had within the staff members,privacy within the beach,we slept peacefully and we wish to book again for december. It would be lovely if we get a discount

Excellent , except for the issue of having a halaal restaurant in the resort
    • Deluxe Room

The restaurant in the resort is not halaal and therefore it was difficult driving out to find food for lunch and supper especially if you are trying to enjoy all facilities of the resort and spend a day indoors

Everything was perfect, good friendly helpful staff and a lovely resort

Beautiful venue that requires TLC and staff yo be trained.
    • Classic Room

Lights didn't work in room. Even the one I was relocated to.Multiple colour lamps especially over bedside. Had to request for a safe. Bed had sand on it. Breakfast pack was not what was discussed. Staff always responded that they will get back to us. This obviously didn't happen.

Great security. Good location and great facilities.

The rooms were very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Room

The service was extremely poor. Had a meeting and sat outside the restaurant for 3 hours and not one staff member asked if we would like a drink, meal etc.

The rooms were very comfortable. Excellent breakfast

A good way of life indeed!
    • Classic Room

It was not a problem but what would be nice is if you could order in halaal food for lunch and dinner

The breakfast was delicious and well worth the b&b rate A superb place to relax, unwind and rejuvenate!

We got exactly what we needed a break away from work doing...
    • Classic Room

We got exactly what we needed a break away from work doing nothing except sleeping, eating and goinig to the beach. This we're possible because Everything is well managed and were received excellent service from all staff. We also had a wonderful time at the SPA and would recommend to all customer visiting San Lameer.

The stay was nice except the guys that were making noise at night on friday
    • Classic Room

I felt very bad on Saturday at dinner time when l just came for nothing other than the off the bone traditional lamb curry, bt only to find out that they didn't have it but it was there on the menu book...that was unexpected in such a big hotel

Breakfast especially the omellet and pan cakes prepared by the old with a good smile....as well as the croisants👌

Great, relaxing evening away
    • Classic Room

We had a big tree outside our window, which blocked our view of the river and the sea completely.

Absolutely loved the bath in our room. The Spa was lovely, really enjoyed it. The breakfast was delicious.

Breakfast good, staff working in bar efficient and friendly.
    • Classic Room

Reception staff clueless:blank stares if asked any question, no info given re armbands for beach( so we went down and had to come back to Gatehouse to purchase one) no info given re wifi, had to ask about beach towels

Breakfast good, staff working in bar efficient and friendly.

Second honeymoon
    • Classic Room

When in the shower the water went from hot to extremely cold hated that and Wi-Fi wasn't working in our room

Buffet breakfast and the staff. Amazing staff always smiling and very helpful

Staff was friendly and very helpful.
    • Classic Room

Wifi was not picking up.

Staff was friendly and very helpful. Pity we were there for such a short time so not enough time to explore the place as I used to when we came there while growing up.

• Executive Double Room

Beautiful views and serene surroundings and breakfast was nice. The hotel could do with a serious maintenance, it was a cold night and almost half your aircons were not working to heat up the rooms, we asked for a heater and the maintenance guy brought this large oil heater which was not working and it was the last heater left and the blanket that was in the cupboard stinked. Overall it was so dissapointing

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Short and sweet but lacked a sea view.
    • Deluxe Room

The rooms were cramped. The layout was old school. Hotel and rooms. The hotel restaurant was expensive.

The tranquility and secure. The golf course. The spa was very professional.

Wonderful weekend away!
    • Deluxe Room

Bathroom had layers of dust,toilet seat was a bit cranky,the door adjacent to the next room meant if they were using the toilet we could smell.

The excellent views,delicious breakfast.

Hotel within golfing complex
    • Classic Room

Didn't really enjoy food in restaurant.

Room was clean and comfortable, staff friendly. This hotel is within a large golf course complex. Ideal if you play golf. We only stayed one night.

Not restful
    • Deluxe Room

Room size- small, shower door leaks water when showering, aircon did not work, no windows only a sliding door which was difficult to open, managment on duty at night did not control excessive crowd noise on the terrace bellowing noise after 10 pm into the morning, TV has very limited DSTV channels

View from the room and locality, nice large kingsize bed