Reviews of Sheraton Pretoria Hotel 5 stars

643 Corner of Church and Wessels Streets, Arcadia, 0007 Pretoria, South Africa

#13 of 43 hotels in Pretoria

The hotel is stunning .
    • Classic Room

That I didn't stay longer ...

The hotel is stunning .. beautiful view of the Union Building ... the staff is excellent .. super efficient ... thanks Sheraton for a wonderful stay ... you ROCK !!

Not happy at all
    • Classic Room

We booked for two adults and a child however they charged for our daughter when we dined also we paid for juice and water.buffet is not good at all.room is not serviced for 3 day.I paid for parking.I won't goto this hotel again. Checking staff is not friendly and not helpful

Only d beds were comfy.

Very Nice
    • Classic Room

Housekeeping did not understand what I was talking about when I called them to ask for caffeinated coffee pods for the coffee machine (they had stocked it with de-caff only). Not good to get the run around, especially before I have my morning coffee!!

Everything. An especially nice touch was the coffee machine in the room.

I enjoyed my stay, and will frequent more often for both business leisure and trips.
    • Classic Room

Room 422 was smelling cigarette and resulted to stuffy smell Carpet needs to be attended to Room 409"s shower wall tiles have white colour at the bottom that shows that its not cleaned everyday

Breakfast was good bedding was very comfortable and warm. View to the Union Building for Room 422 I was moved to room 409 that doesn't have carpet Room 409 had fresh smell coz of wooden flooring.

Good Place to Stay
    • Classic Room

The Airconditioner did not work very well. At 21 degrees it felt as if it was warming rather than cooling. Only when we put it down to 18 degrees, did it cool ever so slightly.

The rooms were great. Bed was very comfortable and the shower had great water pressure. Food was good and the Cocktails were great.

I would like to recommend the hotel to my friends, family and work colleagues.
    • Classic Room

Ordered room service, half chicken and asked that it be well-done, but much of it was not, I had to throw away half of it.

the bedroom was very comfortable, exceeded my expectations

good hotel no doubt..
    • Classic Room

1) the handle on the shower was broken 2) i had asked in advance if i could check in early, it was agreed to but i still had to wait

The bed was really good... the folks at the bar were very good staff members.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

the hotel was quiet and comfortable.
    • Classic Room

lighting in room was insufficient.

the hotel was quiet and comfortable. the staff were excellent. i was travelling for business and needed office supplies at the last minute. the guest services went out of their way to assist me. will definitely come again

Well located hotel in Arcadia
    • Classic Room

The house keeping and the night check-in staff are non-responsive. The bins in my room where not cleaned out after the prior occupant and remained unattended to for the rest of my stay.

The hotel is beautiful. However, the classic carpeting requires a good deep cleaning. The restaurant staff are excellent and very attentive. The food is fresh and great tasting. The bed was soft, comfortable and very warm.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It wasn't as nice as I had anticipated.
    • Classic Room

Checking in took forever there was just one staff member. And how we are made to stand on the foyer queing to check in its not on. I asked for 1 key to be kept for my husband they have me both when I called they said they will send some1 to come get the 2nd key no one came and no one explained why. Their bedding when I walked in room was like someone was playing on the bed yet the bed was made. Coffee they only had machine which we couldn't operate. What happened to giving people normal coffee? I was really disappointed.

Enjoyable stay at Sheraton Pretoria which can be renewed
    • Classic Room

The air conditioning/heating system was not fully to my satisfaction

I enjoyed the buffet. the room was cosy and the facilities in the room were very practical.

• Classic Room

We ordered a meal in the bar and it took 40 minutes and was cold. Clearly the staff member forgot.

Free upgrade. Excellent food. Staff excellent (with one exception). Location.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Classic Room

Staff at the restaurant should be increased depending on the guests at the hotel to serve better.. Also please the parking should be provided for Free not pay extra.

The bed was comfortable. The staff on arrival was friendly and welcoming.

Good location with a warm welcome on arrival.
    • Classic Room

Good location with a warm welcome on arrival. the hot towels were wonderful. Staff helped arrange transport for us which was helpful. The decor is nicely done and the restaurant food and service is exvellent

OK for short stays
    • Classic Room

Breakfast ok, but food choice in general for lunch and dinner quite limited and over priced. No mini-bar and only one bottle water (0.3l) provided.

Good location, free parking, quite new hotel, shopping and restaurants in walking distance. Comfortable beds and pillows.

Be warned-R80 per night to park your car in the hotel even though you are a guest-SHOCKING!
    • Classic Room

The area is not great so therefore you cannot park anywhere else other than the hotels parking lot. Thinking that hotels provide parking, especially a 5 star hotel...we parked in the hotels underground parking for our 1 night stay only to be informed that we had to pay R80 for parking even though we had stayed the night at the hotel. No where in South Africa or anywhere else in the world that I've traveled, have I had to PAY for parking at the hotel I was staying at. Found this absolutely shocking. When we went to query this at 6pm on the Saturday night, there were no staff to be found at reception as they were in the back having dinner. This caused us to be late for our event that night. The rooms need to be revamped and are quite dated. We chose not to have breakfast at the hotel as we found R290 per person totally overpriced. Won't be staying there again.

Place to stay if absolutely left with no choice.
    • Classic Room

The carpets and fabric furniture have seen their time. The smell of cigarette in the rooms was very unsettling.

The location is great and accesible easily.

Exceptional
    • Classic Room

The cocktail hour was out of this world. The receptionist on the 6th floor was beyond friendly, he treated us with respect and warmth. He explained everything about the hotel.

Memorable and definitely worth the visit again
    • Classic Room

No idea why the breakfast is not inclusive and I have to pay for parking whereas I am staying at the hotel!! Arranged for wake me up service and nothing happened

Food was good. Dessert was heaven on earth😂 Good client relations with staff

The stay was a wonder
    • Classic Room

Bookings were done through online, and indication was made that we have 2 children under the age of 12 (11 and 4) and requested Classic Room as we had children but unfortunately it was not arranged, but however we appreciated the corrections as we were given a courtesy place to compensate for inconvenience and it was awesome.

Bery comfortable bed, and a nice room
    • Classic Room

Having to pay an exorbitant amount for parking upon exit was offputting and scaly. The check in/reception staff were rude and unhelpful, and our rooms weren't ready upon check in. One of our party had to shower at the health club, because they preferred to allow previous guests in our room to stay longer.

Bery comfortable bed, and a nice room

Rate promised room with a view of the Union Buildings.
    • Classic Room

Rate promised room with a view of the Union Buildings. I looked over a parking lot and an office block. Restaurant: hung around st empty reception desk in restaurant for a long time before any came to me and seated me. Steak I ordered was overdone but not one ever came to ask joe it was and I waited a while but was starving as hadn’t eaten all day so eventually I ate about half of it. No query when the plate taken away. Had to eventually present myself at the desk to ask for the bill as no one came to me and then there was clucking and raised eyebrows because I didn’t leave a tip!!! Had to put my own wine and water all night, food wasn’t as ordered, what was the top going to be for???

Spectacular and wonderfull
    • Classic Room

The staff couldve been friendlier

The bed was very comfortable, the room was spacious and the view was amazing. The interior decor was too wonderful and the cleanliness was up to standard

• Classic Room

The fact that we couldn’t extend our stay as the hotel was fully booked for the rest of the week.

My Daughter is in the Junior SA pageant and is a finalist for Miss Mini Teen South Africa, We could not sit for breakfast due to her hectic schedule, the hotel arranged breakfast packs for us to take away to make it in time for the competition, for that I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family, I also would like to come back and enjoy the hotel with no rush for the pageant, big up and keep up the great service!

i would be extremely happy to stay there again

no complaints

the staff was extemely helpful and friendly...one could see that the staff was quite obliging especially that my mom was elderly and had unusual meal requests.

Excellent stay and beautiful place.
    • Classic Room

Dusty bin next to TV set. And the fillet steak I was served with was a bit off so we slept hungry. Please improve on quality... Also please include parking to daily rates ( if possible).

Yes lovely and very comfortable beds and bedding.

Great place but improvement needed on restaurant
    • Classic Room

The wait for the restaurant was way too Long for a 4-5 Star accomadation. On two occasions we had to wait over one hr for simple dishes which pointed to under staffing in the kitchen

Location and staff were so friendly

It was good.
    • Classic Room

The parking charge of R80??? Ridiculous. Location wise Acardia is a bit busy but once youre in the hotel its cozy enough. The carpet throughout the hotel doesn't smell that good. Breakfast is expensive there. No DSTV? That's a bit backwards.

Comfy bed, properly cooked food, tea coffee and cookie goodies in the room. Clean and enough towels and toiletry. Rooms are spacious enough, wish rate was breakfast inclusive though. The staff members are very professional and welcoming. 12H00 check out is the best.

Very friendly place to visit
    • Classic Room

Poor quality picture from most of your channels. I think if you can look at that and try to fix it. I also booked the room with the view of union building, but I was given the room which is facing another direction

I love the place

Relaxing and comfortable
    • Classic Room

The housekeeping team is good but should make sure they change the bedding all the time after someone checks out. The bedding if it ten clean but not all the time.

The bed is very comfortable and the hotel is beautiful and has great facilities. It’s a great place to relax and rest.

Pleasant
    • Classic Room

>Room service was very poor, even when asking for water or extra towel nobody cared to bring it ( I tried twice/two days in a raw) >Food: not much to choose from, this other time there was pork sausages only (breakfast) >Dinner no taste at all and while eating no waiters to give you water etc >No telephone directory in the room, I had to figure out on how to contact Reception etc >Fact that parking is not complimentary

Bed was big enough and Comfortable helpful Security Team (excellent service) Telephones all around the room for emergencies Spacious Room

Restful, and comfortable and sell served.
    • Deluxe Room

One thing is for sure, the rooms are roomier and even way better than some five star hotels in the United States or Europe. They have buffet breakfast with an elaborate and assorted choices to choose from. Dinner, is just fabulous.

Unfriendly check in staff.
    • Classic Room

Unfriendly check in staff. No assistance with luggage. No proper hand over between shifts (had to ask 3 times for my pre arranged order to be served to my guests). Not the same quality as before. Not good value for money. Some of the dishes we had for dinner were re-served for breakfast. Broken shower head, shower door does not close properly, leaking shower door. Carpets were not vacuumed, floors were not cleaned properly. Hole in duvet cover. Iron was dirty. The other room that I booked was also not properly cleaned, there was a pie left behind by the previous occupant that was not taken away by house keeping. The hotel and basement have an unpleasant gassy smell. My last stay there was in 2015 and there is a markable decline in overall quality of food, service and cleanliness.

My sparkling birthday!
    • Classic Room

Nothing because the view was extremely good. Viewing our Parliamentary properties as if I was there. Ooh! Even the checking in was with one of the MP's Mr Bantu Holomisa. It was great and lucky day for me indeed.

I like hospitality of the staff members and their Ubuntu principle. The treatment is equal to all visitors. I did ask the receptionist that is my birthday,then they decided to celebrate it with me by bringing a decorated delicious piece of cake that made my stay extremely wonderful.

Staff at reception desk were amazing.
    • Classic Room

Breakfast was good but not for the cost.....some of the foods just tasted very mass produced - like the smoked trout, bread, etc. However, the spread is very impressive. I would offer less variety and concentrate on quality. Shouldn't have to pay for parking, etc if staying in hotel When I booked it said breakfast included, when I received confirmation of booking it showed charges for breakfast - did not appreciate this

Staff at reception desk were amazing. Waiters in section where you can buy late night snacks were excellent. Food in this restaurant was really beyond expectation.

The location is close to everything and the staff is...
    • Classic Room

The security at the basement made me pay money for lost card while I paid money at reception

The location is close to everything and the staff is excellent

Great hotel
    • Classic Room

The waiters in the dining hall were not helpful especially during the dinner, you'll order something and you'll wait until you remind them.

The room was nice and very comfortable.

Excellent location, professional and extremely effective...
    • Deluxe Room

It was a shame that the hotel had not arranged anything fot the New Year eve, even the piano at the lobby was silent. Not well cleaned swimming pool

Excellent location, professional and extremely effective staff, especiall at the front desk and the concierge, less at the restaurant

everything was superb.
    • Classic Room

My expectatons were exceeded to the extreme.

everything was superb. excellent , friendly environment and the staff wee very much caring, receptionist had great sense of humor and paralyzing smile. The security is well trained. the cleaners too are superb.

Relaxing with good amenities , great location
    • Classic Room

The a la carte dinner menu not extensive and food took a while. Children playing area not available

The hotel decor displays relaxed ambience. The location adjacent to union buildings gardens and walking distance to main areas. Shallow pool good for children and non swimmers

Very comfortable, but a couple of snags
    • Classic Room

Pool was closed for "chemical cleaning" my entire stay (the pool was one of the reasons i stayed here in the first place). lights in bathroom were a bit dodgy. when I checked out at 4am to get an early flight, there was nobody on the desk so the security guy had to run around for a while trying to find somebody as my uber was waiting.

Lovely room with a very comfortable bed (one of my best ever). Decor in hotel was nice. staff friendly and very attentive/helpful. buffet lunch very good. Views of the Union Buildings from the pool area are stunning.

It was good
    • Classic Room

You paid for room, but we do not use the refrigerator.It was closed for the seller . No microwave to use. About the transportation, I was very disappointed to see that the taxi called by the hotel staff, for a trip in the city was very expensive (R 280) than the one who go to pick up people in the aeroport (R 650).I was chocked to see one lady who supposes to call and take money for the taxy in the hotel declared that it depend on the company. From the hotel to MacDonald only in Pretoria she wants me to pay for one trip R 280. And trip aroud R 560.It is very bad to do that for the foreign people. The hotel must to review this situation.

The staff who receive the people is nice. The baggages were very good carried

We had many problems with the check in to the six rooms.

We had many problems with the check in to the six rooms. It was embarrassing and insufficient and involved many phone calls to the main office. We will not book rooms through booking for the business.

Improve the dinner buffet and things will be perfect!
    • Classic Room

Noisy - there was a private event. The dinner buffet was a bit boring, with few choices.

The atmosphere was great - with live music during dinner, excellent surroundings and a beautiful view on the landmark Union Buildings from the room.

Breakfast was ok, location was ok, room was ok.
    • Classic Room

Coffee machine and air conditioning in the room did not work. Restaurant and bar were closed. There was supposed to be a 24 hour room service but they never answered the phone. Hotel in general is pretty outdated.

Breakfast was ok, location was ok, room was ok.

Comfortable rooms
    • Classic Room

The food at dinner in the restaurant was not of the very high standard we have come to expect in South Africa.

Well located hotel with nice area to sit out on with a small pool. Good sized room. Perfect for an overnight stay.

Great value for money.

Great value for money. Room, breakfast & dinner buffet included in the price. Reception staff were very friendly & helpful. Lots of variety at both buffets. A short taxi/Uber ride to shopping centre. Rooms were clean & a good size.

had to change hotels, so noat a very good experience more especially I am a regular traveller
    • Classic Room

first put in 5th floor, no balcony so asked for room with balcony and was then put in a room on the first floor, this room was dusty . seems like was cleaned properly. we then asked for this to be changed and was given another room which was better.

The room service was good

Will not go back.
    • Classic Room

Check in staff disinterested, slow and no customer service orientation.

The waiter who served me coffee on the patio each morning was excellent. Great memory of his service.

The bed was comfortable
    • Classic Room

The staff at the dining hall was totally unprofessional I had to wait 10 minutes while someone went to get a pen so I can sign my slip

The bed was comfortable

Good

Decor Stale

Staff was the best part of my stay. They were courteous & helpful. Reception staff Excellent. The hotel though needs a definite upgrade & it would be excellent. Some facilities & decor were old & stale.Nonetheless the staff made my stay good. Thank you.

Room very spacious and furniture modern and love the african...
    • Classic Room

Driving from Stanza Bopape street into wessels was shocked to seehow dirty the place looked in front of the hotel. Inside though front staff very professional and helpful

Room very spacious and furniture modern and love the african paintings

The stay is definitely not worth what you pay.
    • Classic Room

Parking unreasonably expensive at an extra R80 per day irrespective of your length of stay, not to mention the breakfast also at an extra R280 per person. TV signal a complete disaster. Was moved to another room which was just as disastrous. Would never recommend staying there when its cloudy.

Bed reasonably sized and comfortable.

Beautiful hotel and location, service needs improvement.
    • Deluxe Room

Food was way below average. Very poor breakfast and buffet dinners. The staff service in the restaurant is very slow. Wines are extremely overpriced. Guests need to pay for parking R80 per day. Friends who visited me paid R80 for 3 hours which was ridiculous.

Beautiful hotel with an old type of style and feel. Good wifi internet in the hotel. Room was spacious and clean.

Brief but enjoyable enough.
    • Classic Room

No complaints with regards the hotel itself. Shuttle company needs to work on their admin though.

Had problems with shuttle service from the airport initially, but it was sorted out quickly and efficiently. Personnel were extremely professional and helpful.

The bed was super comfortable and the food at the restaurant...
    • Classic Room

That guests have to pay extra for parking! I can understand non-guests paying, but guests should have this service included as the accommodation is quite expensive.

The bed was super comfortable and the food at the restaurant was delicious.

Very convenient and comfortable but levels of service have dropped. Big time.
    • Classic Room

There were tiny little flies in the lift to our floor. The ice bucket in the room was full of the previous guests' rubbish. The window was so badly finger marked that it was not possible to take a photo through the window. Also, it couldn't be opened so felt a bit stuffy and claustrophobic. The check-in clerk was rude and obnoxious. She gave us a hard time about saying we had requested 2 single beds when it was not on her system. We would have loved to have had breakfast but at a rate of R300 per person we just couldn't justify it. Parking was not included and cost R80 a night. A little pricey and unexpected.

Very comfortable beds. Amazing coffee machine in the room with Lavazza pods - crema on top and so delicious (but no teaspoons). Spacious room. Beautiful reception area with lovely flowers and high ceilings.

Generally,it was value for money and friendly people snd Staff,ready to serve and help.
    • Classic Room

Service at the Restaurant,procedures for Room cleaning.It took too long,had to wait at the Lounge for a long time to wait for my Room to be cleaned the following morning after i night.

It was ok and not bad.

On site restaurant and staff that worked in the restaurant...
    • Classic Room

Had to pay for parking at R80 a night. The aircon did not work very well neither did the reception on the TV.

On site restaurant and staff that worked in the restaurant were excellent. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Aprt fro the pooor receiption I had a wornderful stay.
    • Classic Room

The reception staff not so friendly. Not willing to eagerly explain where I did not understand. I do not know if she was tired or just had a problem with my personality.

The room was clean and bedding well arranged. Food was good

pleasant hotel
    • Classic Room

i did not like that one of the parking attendants wanted to rob us and didnt punch in our parking and took the ticket we had paid with for the weekend and made us pay again

Loved the room and the bathroom and the service in the hotel

Change the above for comfort.
    • Classic Room

Room was cold had to ask for a heater..Not enough drinking water.I had to ask for Vanity kit theyvdo not have.Plus no room foot wear.

The Breakfast fruits and more fresh fruits.

Airconditioning wasn't working efficiently.
    • Classic Room

Airconditioning wasn't working efficiently. Dinners were very low grade. I had to request our room be cleaned with four different staff which was eventually done whilst we were eating dinner (after 7:30). We checked out two days early and moved to another hotel.

The hotel and the hotel rooms were very nice.
    • Classic Room

the service from the staff was terrible. You have to ask for anything and everything, they will not come on their own accord. The service and exorbitant price of breakfast and supper were the only downfall of the hotel.

The hotel and the hotel rooms were very nice.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

A very comfortable hotel
    • Classic Room

There was just a little evidence of tiredness in the decor and bathroom fittings. Otherwise not really anything to fault.

Very comfortable bed and a nice spacious rooms with good level of cleanliness. The restaurant staff were very friendly and front desk staff courteous. The hotel has quite a grand feel to the lobby/ entrance, a nice hotel generally.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Very good location, very relaxing room
    • Deluxe Room

Not impressive food quality breakfast and dinner at Magnolia restaurant

Fantastic views, spacious room, pleasant atmosphere, effective front desk staff

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Was a good stay but not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel.
    • Classic Room

The bathtub wasn't properly cleaned after previous guests. The tablecloths in dinning room didn't fit properly and looked shabby.

The bed and pillow was super comfortable. Food delicious and the outside entertainment space beautiful.

a great start to our holiday in South Africa
    • Classic Room

Only stayed one night so difficult to say

We had booked online and after booking asked for an early check in, on arrival and, as the hotel was full, we were up graded to a lounge suite. This included excellent benefits, the hotel is perfectly positioned, walking distance of the centre of Pretoria. The suite was on the 6th floor opposite the park and historic Union building with the amazing statue of Nelson Mandela.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Not too happy
    • Classic Room

Housekeeping is done sometimes as late as 10pm. My brother and his wife were also staying at the hitel and money went missing in their room after housekeeping had been in there to 'clean' at 10pm

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

excellent weekend city getawny
    • Classic Room

Paying for parking -rather include it in the cost of the room

Friendly accommodating staff Good breakfast spread live band was entertaining free wifi

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The Comfortable Sheraton Pretoria
    • Classic Room

I asked for a quiet room, but there was some audible noise outside around 9pm. It did cease soon after.

The bed was extremely comfy. The coffee machine wasn't working correctly so they replaced it with a new machine.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Good size room
    • Classic Room

The staff generally did not seem very happy . Our room was a good size but the basin took a long time to drain . It stated in the booking to toiletries supplied all we had 1 small shampoo and shower gel for 2 off us there were no slippers and 1 gown. It stated the rooms were sound proof but even on a Sunday afternoon you could hear the traffic Monday was even worse. We were meeting some friends traveling from the UK to Cape Town there dinner was not included but ours was so I went to find out was ours a set menu . I saw the lady in the restaurant who asked for the room number she looked on her sheet of paper but she did not no . She then had to ring a man called Justin this seemed to take for ever then I was told in a rude sort of way "yes your food is included but not drinks" then I still had to ask was it a set menu no i was told it is a buffet which was average. Out of all the hotels I have stayed in South Africa the buffet breakfast was by far the worst the chicken , pork sausages were either cooked in microwave or were Vienna's the bacon was rubber stir fried vegetables looked old the baked beans and hash browns were mixed together , I could not believe the were no mushrooms or scrambled eggs . But you did have the option to cook YOUR own poached egg !! For 5 star hotel it was very very poor

Good size room

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

You sleep good
    • Club Room with Lounge Access

The restaurant is really bad - both the buffe and the a la carte menu. The gym is worn down

Good service regarding rooms and a fairly ok romm. The service in the lounge on 6 floor is very good!!!!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Good value, but not really 5*
    • Classic Room

Extractor fan in bathroom not working Over priced breakfast Room decoration more expensive than tasteful e.g. desk cluttered with two lamps, coffee machine, kettle etc. all plugged into extension suspended in mid air Wifi access was cut off immediately on check out - I needed to meet with a colleague in the lounge for an hour or so still. Ridiculous telephone charges Minibar not properly stocked.

comfortable room. Friendly staff. Basement parking with easy access. Good rate for 5*

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Noisy Place
    • Classic Room

It is the noisiest area ever! The staff are not of usually Sheraton quality. It is not a place to go if you don't want to be disturbed multiple times every day.

The beds were comfortable.

Browse Sheraton Pretoria Hotel traveller photo gallery